JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Itano Tomomi - Belly Dancer

Author Topic: What are you reading?  (Read 173123 times)

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
What are you reading?
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2005, 02:27:39 PM »
I wonder where all Harry Potter -readers are, the new book has been available almost a day now...
coot is ctz

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
What are you reading?
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2005, 03:15:59 PM »
Coot, that book, is it in English? Or finnish?

Offline suki*

• Shweet Bitch
  • Member+
  • mikitty~!! ^o^
What are you reading?
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2005, 04:51:43 PM »
Quote from: ctz
I wonder where all Harry Potter -readers are, the new book has been available almost a day now...

Here!! Here!! I'm already halfway thru!! ^o^ Had to stop reading at 4pm though coz I need to clear HD space by doing some active dorama-watching. :P

Wonder how far JaisBane's gotten with his copy...

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
What are you reading?
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2005, 04:37:09 AM »
Quote from: suki*
Quote from: ctz

Here!! Here!! I'm already halfway thru!! ^o^ Had to stop reading at 4pm though coz I need to clear HD space by doing some active dorama-watching. :..

You're a Harry Potter fan??  :shock:  :D

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
What are you reading?
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2005, 03:46:11 PM »
Just finished the Slayers Return manga.

1. Slayers Return
2. Hajime Kanazaka (writer), Shoko Yoshinaka (artist)
3. Lina and Naga act in a Slayers-y manner. It's pretty much like everything else Slayers, good and bad.

Offline strawberrypop

What are you reading?
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2005, 08:31:27 AM »
Oh I am going crazy on Harry Potter now. I went to the midnight release party the day it came out. I'm a nerd but damn do I love Harry Potter.

Offline mysterio

• H!P's JAV Freak
  • ecchi
  • Member+
What are you reading?
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2005, 11:21:17 AM »
Currently reading the Harry Potter e-book but suddenly switched to the audio version (my fingers are getting tired from scrolling on my mobile phone)

Offline Christian86

• Member+
What are you reading?
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2005, 02:49:28 PM »
atm i dont read a book, but the last thing i really enjoied was BUKOWSKI, does any1 here know him?

Offline yakuruto

• Member+
What are you reading?
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2005, 08:48:56 AM »
1. Taiko
2. Yoshikawa Eiji
3. It's the story (a novel, with a great share of fiction) of how Toyotomi Hideyoshi, better known as The Taiko, got to be the ruler of Jaban despite his very humble origins as the second son (eldest male) of a very poor farmer family. This guy is one of the 3 great lords (Oda Nobunaga, Toyotomi Hideyoshi & Tokugawa Ieyasu) that helped to bring unity and peace to the Japanese Empire on the second half of 16th century with a series of great battles, ending with the famous Battle of Sekigahara. He was well known for his great ability with people as well as his great war strategy skills.

Offline Vapour

• ecchi
  • Member+
What are you reading?
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2005, 11:02:18 PM »

Book: Football Factory
Author: John King
What is it: It's a collection of stories based around working class English society, be it the laundry women, old veterans from WWII and small children visiting the seaside. Or the hardened football hooligans, whose idea of fun is watching their team play and then beating up the opposition's fans, to show the true nature of the sense of being in a tribe and the hard division between a minority of football fans. The stories shows the real life situation of social degradation, unemployment, racism, casual violence, excessive drink and bad sex in inner city London - and how these issues are seen politically.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
What are you reading?
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2005, 10:42:44 AM »

Book: Catch This
Author: Terrell Owens
What is it: The famed Wide Receiver in his own words. Very confusing at times - he has much love for his agent David Joseph but ended up firing his for Drew Rosenhaus. He cries a lot, and is simply driven to win. A great book and highly recommended. I can't wait for the sequel XD

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
What are you reading?
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2005, 12:18:02 PM »
Yay, the reading thread is up again!

The Blond Knight of Germany
by Raymond F. Toliver and Trevor J. Constable

A biography of the most successful fighter pilot in the world, Erich Hartmann, who flew Me109 mostly on the eastern front and gained 352 proven air victories. The book does not only concentrate to the war, but it also tells the story about Hartmann's 11 years in prison camps in Soviet Union after the war and his new career in Bundesluftwaffe.

The books is written by Hartmann's american friends when he was still alive, so it doesn't really critisize him or his actions in any way. So I got the idea that the book hasn't the most objective point of view.
coot is ctz

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
What are you reading?
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2005, 12:26:51 PM »
:o

You know, I hadn't read books for ages, but now I have had to read some for university.

So I read Twain's Huckleberry Finn and Nathanael West's The Day of The Locust. Both were nice~ Huck Finn I'd recommend to anyone. And from plays I've read Twelfth Night, Hamlet and Kyd's The Spanish Tragedy. Fun times~ Tragedy plays are entertaining.

(I also read Marlowe's Dr. Faustus, but I didn't really like it.)

Now... I'm just busy reading for exams and there are some novels I need to read for this one course next term~
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
What are you reading?
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2005, 12:42:44 PM »

The Histories
by Herodotus

Basically chronicles Herodotus' travels through Persia and Greece, as he explains the history of the different places he has visited. Awesome read, albeit can be a little confusing trying to remember which dude was which dude's son.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
What are you reading?
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2005, 01:58:40 PM »

Brilliance of the Moon: Tales of the Otori Trilogy
by Liam Hearn

This is the third book in the Tales of the Otori series, set in a land similar to feudal Japan. Takeo Otori is preparing to fight his adoptive father Shigeru's relatives in order to retake the lands he inherited from Shigeru. He has also vowed to recover the ancestral lands belonging to Kaede, the wife he secretly married at the end of the previous book. But his efforts are hampered by pursuing assassins and the brutal schemes of the vengeful Lord Fujiwara, who wants Kaede for his own.

Reading it for the second time. Best trilogy ever.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
What are you reading?
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2005, 04:58:59 AM »
A Series of Unfortunate Events Book 12: The Penultimate Peril by Lemony Snicket.

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
What are you reading?
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2005, 06:07:45 AM »
You know how some people who used to work at McDonalds when they were younger don't eat McDonalds when they're older?  I'm like that with books.  I USED to work at Chapters Bookstore, before that bitch Heather Reisman bought them out and turned them into a corporate joke.  So I got myself fired (unintentionally of course) and I haven't read a book since "Ten Thousand Bullets: The Cinematic Journey of John Woo" and "Jackie Chan: My Life In Action".  The latter is a phenomenal read, even though its a bit outdated now, it was published back in 1998.

To this day, I really can't read fiction of any kind, I'm more of an biography fan.

Offline Sudahtua

• Member+
What are you reading?
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2005, 02:37:07 PM »
Usually I read magazines like VOGUE, W, InStyle, Us Weekly, etc
But I also read books, My all-time favorites are Bergdorf Blondes and Confessions of An Heiress

Offline HiME

• ecchi
  • Member+
What are you reading?
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2005, 03:05:59 PM »
Currently, i reading "Les Liaisons Dangereuses" (Dangerous liaisons) by Choderlos de Laclos... For school.
Well, it's a big book but it seems interesting...
It was a long time I wanted to read this book !

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
What are you reading?
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2005, 05:16:51 PM »

Che: A Revolutionary Life by Jon Lee Anderson

It's pretty much what title says, biography of Che Guevara.
coot is ctz

JPHiP Radio (29/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Itano Tomomi - Belly Dancer