JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Bravo Bravo

Author Topic: Romajifier48 (Windows Software) [Query48 Alpha Build 6.3 Released (pg. 5)]  (Read 65925 times)

Offline lusobr

• Member+
- Hirose Sena and Sugino Risa (NMB48 4th Gen.) marked as Graduated.
I think you forgot Hisada Riko. You might as well add Nakaya Sayaka since her last theater performance is today iirc.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
^ Hisada Riko's graduation show is on March 15th.

Nakaya Sayaka will be marked as graduated when she is removed from the official site.

Now that I have a version of Query48 that won't break with new Keyfile updates, those updates will be coming more frequently. Hopefully, within 24 hours of any changes on the official sites. That way I can meet my goal of keeping the Keyfile an accurate reflection of the sites. (The only exception being Eguchi Aimi, who is still listed on the site even though she "graduated" over a year ago.)

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Revision #33 of the Keyfile is released.

- Nakaya Sayaka marked as graduated.

Romajifier48 will automatically update the file.

For Query48, download it here:  http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6hmjjqe9uacdxj9

The rar file also contains 2 lnx files that need to be put in the Links subfolder. (They may extract there automatically depending on the settings of your unpacker). Besides updating links for Nakayan, I have also updated picture thread links for SNH48 and the HKT48 Kenkyuusei.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Revision #34 of the Keyfile is released.

- Miyawaki Riko (SKE48 6th Generation) is marked as graduated.

Romajifier48 will automatically update the file.

For Query48, download it here:  http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fyl567g3zyvapjk

I'm definitely adding some sort of auto-update support for the data files to Alpha Build 4. That will make it easier for everybody to stay up to date.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
This is the release post for Query48 Alpha Build 4.

This release includes Revision #35 of the Keyfile.
- Hisada Riko (NMB48 Kenkyuusei) marked as graduated.

As usual, Romajifier48 will automatically update the file.

FIXED:

No Fixes. I still haven't seen that issue again that I mentioned in the Alpha Build 3 post, so I'm guessing it doesn't exist any longer.

CHANGED:

Structure of the Query48.ini file. The ini file actually changes a lot between every build. Which is why 1) the ini file is still included in every release and 2) I haven't added a lot of options yet. Any one who has changed the hotkey will notices that they have to change it again with every upgrade. This will be true until I have a method in place to upgrade the ini file rather than replace it.

ADDED:

AutoUpdate of data files. This includes Girls.48, GirlPics.dll, and all the files in the links folder. Query48 will check for updates to these files every time the program is started, and - if you leave the program running when the computer is on - every 6 hours. If an update is found, it will automatically download the new file(s). You will see tray tips to let you know when it is checking, updating, and which files were updated.

Option in tray menu to turn off Daily Birthday Reminders.
Option in tray menu to turn off AutoUpdate of data files.
Update Data Files Now item in tray menu.

This is what the tray menu looks like now:

Keyboard control for Ranker buttons. The key you can use for each button is on the button in brackets.

The defaults are set up to use the number pad. Eventually (I use that word a lot in these posts), there will be options to change the keys or turn off the functionality altogether.

Known Issues: None. Though I wouldn't be too surprised if some are found with the autoupdate system.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?r8ucj2fw16k5gv5
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:50:39 PM by Melchizadek »

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
Developers who incorporate suggestions =  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Great work, Melcchi! This software is beyond awesome.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
I knew I'd find an issue with the autoupdate system. It updates new versions of already existing files just fine, but there's no way for it to know about entirely new files. I'm not too worried about it, though, because it won't be a problem once I add the update check for the actual program. Which will likely happen in Alpha Build 6.

Also, a preview of some of the new features that will be included in Alpha Build 5 can be seen in my latest ranking post.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Romajifier48 (Windows Software) [Special Announcement (pg. 4)]
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2013, 10:43:49 PM »
Since the Crackstaff here at JPHiP have voted unanimously to lead the site in a bold new direction, I must inform you that I am stopping development of Query48 immediately, and turning my work instead to Query1D: the ultimate database of One Direction members.

Heck, this is a great change, and I'll have so much free time on my hands now, because I only have 5 members to deal with. And no more graduations causing me to update the keyfile every week or so.  :twothumbs

In fact, I just deleted every backup I have of all the Query48 files that aren't needed to move on to Query1D.

Here's a screenshot of Query1D in action:

It'll have all the features that Query48 did, including the ranker (since we all need that kind of help putting 5 guys in order), and the parser (which will expand either their first or last name into their full name so you'll never forget it).

I am so excited about this, I should have the first build out sometime tomorrow.  :pimp:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:52:36 PM by Melchizadek »

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2013, 11:36:03 PM »
Glad I am done with the evil idols or I would be so upset!!! :shakeit:

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2013, 07:37:22 AM »
How can you possibly decide between all the 1D members?! XD XD

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
This is the release post for Query48 Alpha Build 5.

I actually planned to release this last week (which is why I did my ranking then as a preview), but then I kept running into ridiculous errors with the new features; and one pretty major error with an old feature that I had never caught before.

FIXED:

Any Combined Ranking - after the first upon restart - would not include the members in both lists. For example, the first combine rankings of AKB48 and NMB48 after restarting the program would work perfectly fine, but any after that would see Milky, Yui, and Ripopo disappearing into thin air.

CHANGED:

Copy to BBCode now supports Picture Tables. More on that in a moment.

ADDED:

Picture Tables. As seen here. This is a toggle in the Tools menu, just like Color Code. It is available for both Ranked Lists and normal Results Lists. The number of columns is currently set at 5, but this will be configurable eventually.

Note that you must be connected to the Internet for the pictures to show properly, because they are hosted. There are a few reasons for this:

1) I tried and failed to find a way to pull the pics out of the DLL and add them dynamically to the Results Viewer's underlying HTML.
2) The pics need to be hosted on the Net to display correctly in exported HTML and BBCode anyway.
3) This makes it a relatively simple task to eventually allow the use of custom URLs for the pics, so each user can choose the perfect picture for each girl - similar to Rust's rankings.

Compare Rankings. Not to be confused with Combine Rankings, this new Tools Menu item allows you compare the current ranking with a previously saved ranking to come up with something like this:

1. Motomura Aoi (--)
2. Miyawaki Sakura (↑1)
3. Murashige Anna (↑2)
4. Sashihara Rino (↑2)
5. Ota Aika (new)
6. Anai Chihiro (↓4)
7. Kodama Haruka (↓3)

Note that the comparison information is not saved with the ranking; so, if you want to save it over the previous ranking, you will need to do the comparison and copy it first.

Show Comparison. Appears in the Tools Menu after a comparison has been made, and toggles the comparison on and off like Color Code and Picture Tables does. In order to compare to a different previously saved ranking, just choose Compare Rankings again.

JPHiP Picroda Search Links. A brand new .lnx file, and item in the Links menu. This does not bypass the need to log in to the Picroda if your cookie has expired.

Known Issues: Lists in Kanji do not sort properly into Japanese "Alphabetic" order. This has actually nagged at the back of my mind for a while now, but with picture tables it's even more obvious. I've done the research and know how to solve this, but - since it will take some time to make the necessary look-up table - I didn't want to delay this release any further.

Looking at the download statistics, it seems that a lot of people are still using Alpha Build 2. Anyone upgrading from Builds 1 or 2 will need to follow the upgrade instructions at the end of the Alpha Build 3 release post.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qjpxe39n4ea67y2

Request for User Input: As stated before, the original plan for Query48 was to include all the functionality from Romajifier48 and it's external tools - as well as a lot of new features. Right now there is only one non-options-related tool that hasn't been added. That is the Quizzer. You can check out the release post for the original Quizzer for more info.

The interface would obviously be updated, and I could add pictures to the quizzes. I could even make the quizzes be multiple choice or something by picking 3 wrong answers at random.

My question is this: Would anyone really use the Quizzer? I honestly don't know how useful anyone would find it. The idea is that it helps with things like recognizing girls' names in Kanji, learning their birthdays and nicknames, possibly recognizing them by their picture. I've noticed, though, that through watching a lot of performances and TV shows, and reading G+ and blogs, a lot of this information just sticks with me on its own. So, maybe the Quizzer is completely unnecessary. Or there could be a lot of people out there who wish they had something like this. I have no clue, that's why I'm asking.

I'll take all responses into consideration while making my decision. And if nobody responds at all, I'll probably just skip the Quizzer completely.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
I just want everybody to know that Query48 is definitely not dead. I have been very busy lately with other things - mostly that place I have to work at in order to have money to pay bills and buy idol goods.

I have released 2 revisions to the keyfile since my last post, that contained small changes and would have updated automatically.

Hopefully, tomorrow, I will have time to update it again to reflect the changes that occured at Budokan. Since they have been changed on the AKB48 website as well.

Other than that, I am afraid I have no idea when Alpha Build 6 will be released. Although, I can tell you that I won't be adding the Quizzer (at least at this time).

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
A quick note: anyone who doesn't have AutoUpdate for the data files turned on should right click on the icon in the system tray and choose "Update Data Files Now" from the menu. Actually, you can do that if you have AutoUpdate turned on and don't feel like waiting.

The reason for this is because I just uploaded Revision #39 of the keyfile - and the newest GirlPics.dll file - to the server. It is an exact replication of the official sites member pages as of right now. (And I can say that for certain now since they finally took Eguchi Aimi off the AKB48 page).

For SKE48 I went with the NEW version of the member page (there are currently two on the site). This means that the Mass Graduation and Team Shuffle are now reflected in the keyfile.

Also the AKB48 15th Generation Kenkyuusei have been added to both the keyfile and GirlPics.dll file (as well as to the server).

Offline chewybacca

The reason for this is because I just uploaded Revision #39 of the keyfile - and the newest GirlPics.dll file - to the server. It is an exact replication of the official sites member pages as of right now. (And I can say that for certain now since they finally took Eguchi Aimi off the AKB48 page).
Just a question: do you mean that the latest official member profile pictures are uploaded, or linked through, to the server? At the moment, after updating my Query48 to the latest keyfile, a lot of the member profile pics on Query48 aren't the current versions as shown on the official website profiles.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
^ No, I have not updated any of the pics that were already in the file or on the server. I only added the pics of the 15th Generation Kenkyuusei.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
Awesome work as always, Melcchi. :bow:

Question: Is something about the saving ranking in progress feature broken in the latest version? I just tried to reload one I was working on and it loads up two blank buttons and clicking them doesn't bring up any new pictures. :shocked:

Edit: I can't seem to load any saved ranking results, either. I select them and the click OK and it just blinks at me to choose the results to load again.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 11:54:46 PM by Datalanche »

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
^ I just tested on my machine, and both are working on my end. Unfortunately, I'm about to leave right now to work a 10 hour day. But if you can send me a copy of your Query48.dta file, I'll take a look at it as soon as I can to see if it may have gotten corrupted.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Two things:

First, I just updated the Keyfile to Revision #40. Nothing too major; but I needed to do it since today is Okada Kanna's birthday, and I had it wrong in the file.

Second, there is a bug in Alpha Build 5 where any Query48.dta file created by the program is encoded wrong and is unable to be read properly by the program. Any preexisting file works perfectly fine. A big "thank you" goes out to Datalanche for alerting me to - and helping me isolate - this bug.

This will be fixed in Alpha Build 6, but there is a simple fix that can be done now: download a blank - properly encoded - file. It's only 2 bytes! But first you should check to make sure you need this fix:

1. Look in the folder that contains Query48.exe. If there is no Query48.dta file, then you should download this one.

2. If there is a Query48.dta file, then you have previously saved a results list or a ranking in progress. Try to reload what you have saved. If it reloads perfectly fine then you should not download this file.

3. If you try to reload a results list and nothing happens - or a ranking in progress and get empty buttons on the ranker - then you need to download this file and replace your current one. Unfortunately, this means your saved information is lost due do to the encoding issue, and I do apologize for that.

Once again, if you have a Query48.dta file and are able to reload from it, then you should not download this file; because it will cause you to lose your saved information. Only download it if you have no Query48.dta or are unable to reload from it.

Now then, here is the link to the file for those who need it: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/561040/Query48.dta

Offline Middy

Hello! I want to thank you for all your hard work on this program, it's been an invaluable tool for me. I have one error to point out, and one question to ask.

The error is that Urano Kazumi (Graduated AKB/SDN) seems to be missing, can you please add her?

The question is, when I'm in the query builder, is it possible to search for more than one criterion in a certain field? Say for example I wanted to pull up all members with the family name Maeda OR Sato OR Watanabe. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks again for everything!

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
^ Thank you, and welcome to JPHiP.com  :welcome

1.) Cindy (Urano Kazumi) is actually in the Keyfile, but she's listed as a current member of WH7 (which reflects where her thread is in the forum). She will show up if you use "Select All" in the Query Builder. That being said, I really should probably just change her back to being a graduated member of SDN48 1st Generation.

2.) There is currently no way to do "OR" searches in Query48, and I have to admit that the idea never crossed my mind. Now that you've brought it up, I'll add it to my to-do list.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Buono! - Bravo Bravo