JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rainie Yang - Xue Hui

Author Topic: Assassins Creed  (Read 64504 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Assassins Creed
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2009, 09:54:39 PM »
^ Argh, must....not.....watch!! :banghead:

I saw a review for it on TV today and the reviewer claimed that just playing through the story will take 40+ hours, with an estimated 40+ more if you're doing all side missions :o :o They said the main gripe they had with the game came from the unchanged combat system that looks rather choreographed. But I quite enjoyed the combat in AC1, it was pretty sweet to pull off those combat moves. My dad spoke in hushed tones to me tonight and asked if I would like it for Christmas, to which I said YES. :D

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 10:14:49 PM »
yea i love the combat in the first one as well. doing those kills only with ur hidden dagger was sick and brutal. the only problem i had was the repetitive of some of the missions but they already fixed it. anyways i preordered mine!  :cow:

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 06:10:11 AM »
theres a plumber back in the renaissance!!

Assassin's Creed II's Mario

:lol:

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 03:21:44 AM »
A friend of mine just said he's gonna buy it for me for my birthday ! Now that's a friend you want !
But the looks of it, AC2 improved AC1 in every aspect that held back the game on being great!

Offline Retro Bubble

• Me, Me, Me
  • Member+
  • That One Night
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 07:11:47 AM »
Been addictively playing Assassin's Creed 2 since its release. :lol: It's a lot of fun! I've already gone through a number of assassinations (not counting the contracts you get from pigeon coops), and I never got bored once. There's SO MUCH to do in the game, I'm not even kidding. (You even get to play as Desmond for a short period of time; beating up Abstergo guards, as well as practicing your assassin skills with Lucy in the hideout -- meaning you get to climb on stacks of boxes, and basically just free-running.)

My favorite parkour spot in Assassin's Creed 2 has definitely got to be Venice. It's just so pretty with its sparkly waters and colorful buildings. The dialogues are pretty awesome, too; unlike the first game, there's actually humor in them, lol.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 07:20:49 AM by Retro Bubble »

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 07:24:41 AM »
got the game today. not much of an improvement but its still pretty fun!

Offline Retro Bubble

• Me, Me, Me
  • Member+
  • That One Night
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2009, 02:37:40 AM »
Just finished playing it a while ago. The story actually took me around 25 hours to finish; but that includes doing a few side missions, and failing a good couple of times during the main story missions, lol.

The ending totally made me go -- as Desmond had put it -- "What the fuck?" It's so unexpected, but I still found it all around satisfying. The ending is a lot less of a cliffhanger than in the first game, and it actually gives us a hint as to where the third installment might take place.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2009, 11:06:54 AM »
Just beat the game and the ending was exactly like what Desmond said. WTF  :lol:

does anybody know is there anything else to do after the whole game ended? I already got everything except the feathers. which I have no interest in doing so

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 09:19:00 PM »
I just beat the game myself. There was a secret tomb you could explore if you used the uplay points earned through out the game. Other than that I don't really think there is anything else.

Offline Retro Bubble

• Me, Me, Me
  • Member+
  • That One Night
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2009, 07:26:37 AM »
^
^Have you gotten 50+ feathers and deposited them in the box in Maria's room at the villa? You'll get a special weapon for that. And I believe that if you collect all the feathers (which is a total drag, ugh...), you get to unlock the Auditore cape. I don't know if it's anything special like the Medici and Venetian capes, but it's worth trying if you want to get an absolute 100% gameplay completion, lol.

^Oh, I totally forgot about the whole Uplay thing. O_O I'll take a stab at it tomorrow~

It really sucks that they don't have the option to replay missions. That would've been awesome. :/

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2009, 10:23:45 AM »
Without giving too many spoilers, where do you guys think the next game will take place ?
I was hoping maybe the present time, and playing as Desmond. Being able to jump from rooftop to rooftop just like The Matrix!

Giving Desmond time is a little in the future, I was hoping for some futuristic city, maybe new york.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2009, 10:49:51 AM »
i heard the developers are king arthur period or WW2 period..but i hope its in rthe present as well. wrap up the gmae!

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2009, 09:51:04 PM »
On AC2: All I've got to say is damn that's a big box. Possibly the largest box I've seen for a game.

Further updates as events warrant.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2009, 11:40:04 PM »
I decided to go for this game instead of DJ Hero. I'm so excited to play it! lol, I ordered it so I have to wait. I can expect it on December 30 or after :(
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2009, 09:16:54 PM »
So is this game any good? I might get it as a christmas present reject as they might already have it, so then it's mine, haha.

Offline A1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2009, 06:54:10 PM »
I enjoyed playing it very much. I grabbed my attention the whole time I was playing it (unlike the first game) Plus I like to get into fights with the guards and messing them up with my double hidden blades.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2010, 01:28:35 AM »
I finished the game last night. The story line was very lengthy, which was a major plus plus plus for me. I never wanted it to end. I'm actually quite sad now, and I think I'm gonna go crazy waiting for AC3. Another 2 yrs? ahh!

Offline A1

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2010, 02:39:56 AM »
^ Well the game will be getting a little longer with the two DLC that is coming out this month and next month. :thumbup

Here is some info on it

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/16/assassins-creed-2-dlc-detailed-fills-in-missing-chapters-adds/
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 02:44:41 AM by A1 »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2010, 04:13:17 PM »
Noice!!

I remember seeing Ezio and Machiavelli teaming up with Caterina there, and I was like "what, that never happened" but that article explains it, it's gonna be part of the DLC!   :D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2010, 07:12:35 PM »
Duuuude!! I just had one of the most amazing experiences with AC2 last night! One of the side assassination missions in Tuscany has you tailing a guy to lead you to the guild leader. So I followed him until he eventually found and was talking to the leader, with I think two other guards with him. Couldn't get close to him on the street as he got suspicious when I was near, and I was hoping to poison one of the guards in the hope he could be taken out for me. So I climbed up to the top of the building and thought ok, I'll jump down, assassinate him and then switch to the sword and take out the rest. So I swoop down for the kill and Ezio takes out the target and the man I was tailing with a double blade kill! :o I forgot you could do that! And then I immediately switched to the sword and as one of the two guards swings at me I immediately counter it with an instant kill. I was getting ready for the second guard's attack when he just dropped his sword and ran away! :lol: The whole thing was just so seemless and fluid that it must have scared the crap out of him! :lol:

Also went through the Assassin's Tomb in Tuscany too. Loved it, I mucked up the first encounter with guards, but the rest of the time was all stealth kills. I can't wait to explore the rest.

Good news is that a sequel is bound to be in the works. Over 6 million copies have been sold. And for a game based in Renaissance Italy, as a sequel to a mixed-reception game, that's pretty impressive IMO.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rainie Yang - Xue Hui