JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Life

Author Topic: Assassins Creed  (Read 64897 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Assassins Creed
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2011, 12:35:55 AM »
Tried to get a gold medal on one virtual mission today. Next thing I know, it's an hour later and even though I got the gold medal, I'm replaying it over and over to top my friend's leaderboards. This could get very addicting XD

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • That was an Unknown Unknown
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2011, 06:06:55 AM »
I love brotherhood. Just wish I knew better ways to level up I want more perks I'm still like lvl 17 or something. But hell it's all good. The game is awesome!!!

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2011, 07:05:25 AM »
This video isn't related to the game, but someone left a funny comment:

american houses are made of cardboard unlike the ones in assassins creed.
:lol:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 06:51:54 PM by mode107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2011, 07:18:34 AM »
Completed the story mode last night. I like doing missions so I had around 78% sync and collected most of the equipment by then. Funny, I still can't do kill streaks right... :P
I'll finish off the glyphs and some more missions before jumping to the next game.

It's my first AC and it was really fun. Just a few gripes with climbing glitches (it's 97% good, just the 3% jump to hell/start all over that hurts).
And Chapter 9 felt more like an add-on, replacing the environment and continuous mission without an option to not accept.
And I'd rather the game end with Ezio's last fight, and have the rest as cinematics.

Still, it really was fun and a great timekiller. :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2011, 02:13:02 AM »
After doing most of the virtual missions, last week I wanted to have a go at a few more, only to realise that a friend of mine beat all the records I had already posted. So I was like, 'NAH-UH', and went back to beat all of his scores. XD Logged on again a few days ago, and he topped my scores again! So now I'm in the process of beating them all once again XD XD Some are really difficult, I've no idea how he got the times for the Assassination challenges. In some challenges that I have beaten him though I'm like in the Top 50 on the Global leaderboard as a result :w00t:

Single player remains to be just so much fun. Best Assassin's Creed game without a doubt. Having issues with multiplayer though. Playing a game is as great, addictive and different from anything else on the market, but it's getting into a game that's the problem. I've noticed it since they released the Da Vinci DLC and with it's new multiplayer content, I wonder if that's causing matchmaking issues when trying to pit players up who do or don't have the DLC, like me? Also, I have a gripe with some players who keep running around everywhere. You're ruining the game, it creates such an unfair balance cause I don't get as many points having to chase after them but in the process I totally expose myself for my killer to stalk up to me and rack up easy points.  :angry:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2011, 11:23:35 AM »
There's been teases on the next Assassins Creed game, the latest showing the date 24.06.1459 and the building in the background is Hagia Sophia mosque in Istanbul. One thing that's not confirmed though is which platform it's coming out for. The knee jerk reaction would be to the main consoles but there was a 3DS title confirmed to be in the works when it was announced, could be for that.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2011, 10:41:29 PM »
^ There's something about that trailer that makes me wish I was in the world of AC.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2011, 08:03:16 PM »
That would be cool.

On the cover of Game Informer magazine, Revelations is confirmed.

You'll learn how each of the franchise's major characters -- Altaïr, Ezio, and Desmond -- play a part in the story, and how you'll control each of the three as playable characters. Uncover a brand new part of the world as Ezio travels abroad for the first time to explore the wonders of Constantinople at the height of the Ottoman Empire.

Yes Altair and Ezio again, but with the timeframe they have, were you expecting anyone else? I don't mind, Ezio's a great character. Altair not so much, but I'm sure they'll give him something of a personality this time. And hopefully will sound less Canadian.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2011, 12:06:49 AM »
Seeing a pic of old man Ezio is quite interesting. I'm actually hoping that information of his direct descendants will be revealed.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2011, 10:11:31 PM »
All the AC games on sale today on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/ubisoft_week

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2011, 12:32:33 AM »
Seeing a pic of old man Ezio is quite interesting. I'm actually hoping that information of his direct descendants will be revealed.

Yeh Ezio better get round to some procreation fast! He ain't getting any younger!

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2011, 12:07:52 AM »

Man, I find this trailer to be quite somber  :cry:  It must be the music.

I really like the song; I searched it up and learnt that it appeared in the E3 09 Mass Effect 2 trailer. It's definitely a better fit for AC Revelations.  :P

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2011, 11:05:38 PM »
An interesting article via Kotaku
http://kotaku.com/5823431/what-i-thought-i-knew-about-assassins-creed-revelations-was-partially-wrong
Altair and Ezio aren't related.
I was caught off guard by that statement, but then I thought " It's possible that they come from two different sides of the family." That's when I read this
In this year's Revelations, we play as Altair and Ezio, via Desmond. But our two old heroes aren't related, McDevitt told me. He was standing in front of a demo of the game during a showcase for games publisher Ubisoft when he told me this, by the way. He said it casually, explaining that there was no reason to keep it a secret these days. So... Altair comes from one side of Desmond's family and Ezio the other, I guess. I don't know if this is a big deal, but I was shocked.

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2011, 02:43:10 AM »
An interesting article via Kotaku
http://kotaku.com/5823431/what-i-thought-i-knew-about-assassins-creed-revelations-was-partially-wrong
Altair and Ezio aren't related.
I was caught off guard by that statement, but then I thought " It's possible that they come from two different sides of the family." That's when I read this
In this year's Revelations, we play as Altair and Ezio, via Desmond. But our two old heroes aren't related, McDevitt told me. He was standing in front of a demo of the game during a showcase for games publisher Ubisoft when he told me this, by the way. He said it casually, explaining that there was no reason to keep it a secret these days. So... Altair comes from one side of Desmond's family and Ezio the other, I guess. I don't know if this is a big deal, but I was shocked.

Well shit I just learn something new. I hope they explain it a little deeper.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2011, 09:43:05 PM »
Looks like Ezio will indeed have a family

The specifics aren't clear yet.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2011, 08:58:58 PM »
Plan to finish Brotherhood over the weekend. Here's 9 mins of gameplay of Revelations, including Altair and Ezio.

Offline adventwriter

• Forever a Linlin wota.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2011, 01:21:26 PM »
I've played Brotherhood - beat the main story...definitely need to go back and play the side missions and do better in them before I get obsessed with Revelations in November

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2011, 07:06:50 PM »
Well I did it, I cleared Brotherhood as I promised. That ending was messed up. So much to take away from it and to speculate but I guess *SPOILER* 'she' who will accompany Desmond 'through the gate' is perhaps a new character? One introduced for AC3? Can only imagine that it will play into some Adam/Eve angle. But why did Lucy have to die? Most popular thing I see is what Minerva said before 'The cross darkens the path'. The Templar cross then? Lucy was a templar all along? . Gotta give kudos to the story for AC, I think it's one of the best out there in games at the minute. To be able to take such world encompassing ideals, conspiracy theories, religion and history and be able to work it in such a way that makes sense and makes an engaging story is pretty impressive.

Normally I'd say I'm finished with a game like AC at this point, but I may come back to it later. Want to finish the Assassination missions, get all my trainee assassin's maxed out, rebuild Rome to 100% and being able to see all the collectible flags through an ingame map is hugely welcomed so I might do that.

Bring on Revelations I say. God only knows what else will be revealed.

One of the funniest moments in Brotherhood :lol:

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 07:17:10 PM by Tuffty »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2011, 07:43:07 PM »
^ I don't think I can make sense of any of the things Minerva says, lol.  I'm also expecting a new female face.

Oh Leonardo. Only a game can make me a appreciate a historical figure even more than I originally did.  :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2011, 08:02:39 PM »
There's some rather interesting Youtube breakdown videos and theories on what happened and what it could all mean for future games. Who can say though? The story can pretty much go anywhere it has to.

Been thinking about where and what time period you can put AC3 in but I can't really think of anything. The most obvious choice would be like a Nazi occupied France, which is interesting, but then how do you build a game around that? For example, if you get spotted, those Nazis will have guns and they will shoot you, I'll consider it highly unlikely they'll all be armed with swords, so you may require a whole now approach to combat. I'm not even sure I would like that, cause combat in Brotherhood is awesome and so empowering. Only place I can think of is like in a Feudal era Japan (there was a reference to some event happening in Japan in AC1). That would be cool.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hamasaki Ayumi - Life