JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Meisa Kuroki - Shock

Author Topic: The Amiibo Thread  (Read 12616 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
The Amiibo Thread
« on: January 31, 2015, 08:27:19 AM »

IGN Guide | Official Site | Wikipedia

Amiibo is Nintendo's wireless communications and storage protocol, for use between compatible toys and the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U gaming platforms. It was launched in November 2014 in the form of system software updates and a series of Amiibo-enabled figurines similar in form and functionality to that of the Skylanders, Disney Infinity, and Telepods series, and was preannounced to eventually accommodate card games. These figures use near field communication (NFC) to interact with supported video game software, potentially allowing data to be transferred in and out of games and across multiple platforms.

Game compatibility charts

Survey time!

What do you think about Amiibo and do you collect them?
How do you display your collection? Boxed/Unboxed? Post a picture of your collection!
Is it easy to find Amiibo figures in your area? Which figures are common/rare?
What is your most wanted released figure right now? Which figures have you pre-ordered or are planning to purchase soon?
What's your favorite Amiibo wave and why?
What are your favorite / least favorite figures?
Most anticipated unannounced SSB series figure?
Would you like to see limited edition figures or variants?
Do you use Amiibo figures in games and which Amiibo-supported games do you own?
Which Amiibo-supported game(s) are you anticipating the most?
What Amiibo series would you like to see next? Should every major 1st party Nintendo game get its own Amiibo series?
Do you think Nintendo should release a game like Skylanders/Disney Infinity?
How should Amiibo figures be utilized in future 3DS / Wii U games?
Which Nintendo / non-Nintendo game characters should get their own Amiibo figures?

Let the amiibonding begin! :w00t:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:03:02 AM by Masa »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: The Amiibo Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 08:56:37 AM »

Super Smash Bros. Series

Wave 1

Wave 2

Wave 3

Wave 4

Super Mario Series

Wave 1

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2015, 06:01:48 PM »
Amiibo! One of the coolest and most frustrating thing Nintendo has done in awhile.

What do you think about Amiibo and do you collect them? It's a REALLY cool concept. I definitely want some more functionality, but they are brand new. I don't really COLLECT collect, but I have four so far. :D
How do you display your collection? Boxed/Unboxed? Post a picture of your collection! Unboxed and thrown on my TV stand. Lol.
Is it easy to find Amiibo figures in your area? Which figures are common/rare? Ugh no. Villager, Marth, C. Falcon, WFT and Little Mac are all literally gone. Mario, Zelda, and Diddy Kong are EVERYWHERE
What is your most wanted released figure right now? Which figures have you pre-ordered or are planning to purchase soon? I REALLY want Captain Falcon and Little Mac. I've pre-ordered Toon Link and I definitely want to get my hands on Lucina and Wario.
What's your favorite Amiibo wave and why? I can't pick a fave. They each have characters I LOVE and characters I don't care about.
What are your favorite / least favorite figures? The Peach figure from the Smash collection is gorgeous. I don't collect them so I don't have a least favorite that I own... but I could literally care less about like... Diddy Kong.
Most anticipated unannounced SSB series figure? DUCK HUNT
Would you like to see limited edition figures or variants? ...Yes and no. It'd be cool, but grabbing the normal ones I want is already a frustrating ordeal.
Do you use Amiibo figures in games and which Amiibo-supported games do you own? I only have Smash and Kart.
Which Amiibo-supported game(s) are you anticipating the most? I hope Yoshi's Wooly World has some decent support.
What Amiibo series would you like to see next? Should every major 1st party Nintendo game get its own Amiibo series? I'd love to see a separate Zelda series, but only if they DID something. The Mario series definitely makes sense because of Mario Party, etc.
Do you think Nintendo should release a game like Skylanders/Disney Infinity? Yes, if they could keep Amiibo in stock  :lol:
How should Amiibo figures be utilized in future 3DS / Wii U games? It's hard to say since Amiibo can only hold like "one game" in memory. I feel that limits the capabilities.
Which Nintendo / non-Nintendo game characters should get their own Amiibo figures? Bayonetta, lbh.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 02:53:04 AM »
What do you think about Amiibo and do you collect them?

Yeah!! I really do, actually I was only thinking of getting a few of the figures of characters that weren't usually made into figures. like Little Mac or Pac Man, especially outside of Japan, but insanity took over and now I have 13 with 4 pre ordered (oh god) luckily I have only paid the normal price for all of these, apart from the first 3 which came from a store that marks the prices up of everything.

How do you display your collection? Boxed/Unboxed? Post a picture of your collection!

Look below for a ton of pictures!
I have some unboxed, I'm probably eventually going to have them unboxed as they do take up an awful lot of space, I'll put them with my other Nintendo and Pokemon figures, I have a little display case.

Is it easy to find Amiibo figures in your area? Which figures are common/rare?

They're around! it's pretty much the same as what Mini said, in physical stores anyway. I haven't even seen any of wave 2 apart from Luigi and Diddy, and stock online seems to appear randomly. Wave 3 was non existent in physical stores even on the release date.

What I will mention is the release dates Nintendo have provided *do* stick, Amazon offered pre orders on the week wave 3 came out, and I got everything I pre-ordered, even Rosalina. She was the only one who actually pre sold out, the others carried on to the release date and some figures still have stock left now.

What is your most wanted released figure right now? Which figures have you pre-ordered or are planning to purchase soon?

Villager, pretty much! it's been briefly in stock here online for seconds, then it's gone. The other figures of wave 1 I have missing are quite easy to get and have been reduced in price.

What's your favorite Amiibo wave and why?

Maybe wave 3? Mega Man, Sonic, Toon Link, Rosalina! Also it was relatively painless to get hold of them.

What are your favorite / least favorite figures?

I'd say Peach and Pikachu are, as they're my first ones, and I actually play as them in Smash :D
Least fav? err I'm not in a rush to buy DK or Diddy, there's so many out there I might as well wait until they're cheap. Some stores only have them

Most anticipated unannounced SSB series figure?

Probably Duck Hunt, or even Mr Game and Watch, just to see how he actually looks lol.

Would you like to see limited edition figures or variants?

I think this would be a bad idea, it's already hard getting hold of the "rare" figures, plus the Super Mario series technically are variants & Toad.

Do you use Amiibo figures in games and which Amiibo-supported games do you own?

I use them in Smash and Kart, I have Treasure Tracker too but Toad isn't out yet.

Which Amiibo-supported game(s) are you anticipating the most?

Hmm, I'm not sure to be honest, I hope there's some new announcements at e3!

What Amiibo series would you like to see next? Should every major 1st party Nintendo game get its own Amiibo series?

Pokemon!! but...please please make a small limited series XDDD I can't buy 700 of these things.
I think that would be good for more series, however I would like to see more 3rd party games take advantage too.

Do you think Nintendo should release a game like Skylanders/Disney Infinity?

I've never liked the look of Infinity or Skylanders, however it's kind of a high price to pay to play a game, maybe a free eshop one? :D

How should Amiibo figures be utilized in future 3DS / Wii U games?

There's been talk already of some future games using IC cards rather than figures, and I think maybe for Pokemon it could work, just have 6 cards that you can store a Pokemon on, etc. Maybe even start bundling IC chips inside the Pokemon TCG.

Which Nintendo / non-Nintendo game characters should get their own Amiibo figures?

Sonic would sell pretty well! I second Bayonetta, I would really like a Street Fighter series, but that's a PS exclusive now, Capcom anything would be great. Megaman X?!

First 3, Marth is hiding!

A crazy delivery I got

Weeks over hovering on stock alert websites at work got me these two

Samus hanging out with her big sis Figma

Got this and Fox from Nintendo direct.... the boxes feel newer somehow? :D

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 10:07:39 PM »
GOLD & SILVER MARIO

Well, it seems like we've reached that point XD

Well, this is just a leak! it came from these 2 certificates for store, compliance etc, I'm not sure, seems to be legit as they are the USA designs. However, it doesn't say what these are exactly for!
http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-gold-and-silver-mario-amiibo-on-the-way/

Reddit has speculated that these are the Club Nintendo awards for Gold & Platinum members and they're not actually for sale, however where does that leave the rest of the world who don't even have gold or platinum status?
Either that or these are for Mario Party 10, and some may be included with the Mario amiibo set randomly, or maybe tournament prizes. All I can really tell you, is they've been manufactured already ^^

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 09:29:39 PM »

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 04:06:51 PM »
http://imgur.com/a/ESbMl#KCVKd2l

Time to feel like all your Amiibo pics look terrible  :lol:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 09:07:13 AM »
Mario Party 10 Site Reveals New Wario, Rosalina and Donkey Kong Amiibo

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/13/mario-party-10-site-reveals-new-wario-rosalina-and-donkey-kong-amiibo

Hell yeah! Rosalina will be back :twothumbs

Time to feel like all your Amiibo pics look terrible  :lol:
What's kinda sad is that Peach still doesn't look cool XD

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 10:02:28 AM »
That's great!! :DD hopefully these don't sell out XD
Next Mario wave, these 3 and gold & silver mario? :OOO

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 05:22:21 PM »
Went to my local GameStop and they couldn't even take anymore pre-orders for TOAD. Like what the hell.  :thumbdown:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2015, 10:04:05 PM »
bahh DX

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 07:38:44 PM »
My collection so far:

I'm gonna get Toon Link, Diddy Kong and Bowser soon :thumbup

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 03:00:18 AM »
Pika just sent me a Wii Fit Trainer (which is like literally non-existent here!) and my boyfriend just picked me up a Sheik!

The best way to get Amiibo is to just let other people do it for you. ;)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 09:01:07 PM »
True dat! manatzukkyun hooked me up with these yesterday:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2015, 11:49:10 AM »
Pika just sent me a Wii Fit Trainer (which is like literally non-existent here!) and my boyfriend just picked me up a Sheik!

I agree!! I have help from Germany from Coachie!  :twothumbs She got me the last Meta Knight and King Dedede in the store and is hunting for Pit and Falcon for me now! She's so kind!!!!!  :thumbsup

I had the worst luck with Meta, Dedede and Shulk in the UK, Shulk may as well be the new crazy rare of this wave, it's much easier to get a Villager than it is a Shulk ;___;

I did get Sonic and Megaman on Friday! when I pre-ordered those in December there were still Meta and Dedede pre orders up (Shulk was sold out even then!!) but I still had the normal person mentality of "I'll just buy the ones I want" instead of my now rabid "I MUST HAVE THEM ALL" crazy person mentality... I kind of wish I still thought that way ^^;;;

What I wanted originally was:
Peach, Pikachu, Sonic <- My previous Smash mains
Megaman, Pac-Man   <- Characters I wanted to play as

And I have those now! (Pac-Man is on preorder) but getting Marth on my first purchase really stirred up something bad within me  :lol: and I started enjoying the thrill of the chase, especially when I got something rare, my collector instinct went crazy, even worse that I was somehow "beating" the scalpers by only paying retail price and finding stuff before they could buy it all, it's like a treasure hunt.

I even made a spreadsheet!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wi0IIZKCyhl0_SouCcGCzO6ihQPr6q-3lyb7yyDLlcw/edit?usp=sharing

But nonsense like Little Mac & Shulk where you just cannot get them no matter what, unless you pay a scalper, and it seems like the problem will get worse with crazy stuff like Gold & Silver Mario, should I even continue? I don't even particularly have a place to put these just yet, plus I'm drowning in empty boxes.

Sorry, having a bit of an Amiibo crisis  :lol:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2015, 02:41:37 PM »
Update!

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2015, 06:17:25 PM »
Nice!

Are you planning to leave them all unboxed? I've unboxed all of mine (Peach, Zelda, Link, Toon Link) except Wii Fit Trainer who will remain in box and Sheik... which I'm debating.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 02:36:30 AM »

These are mine!
I had many boxed but I just ran out of space, and decided, eff this and took them all out. I do keep the boxes though, like with all my other figures. But I'll probably be putting these in my display cabinet at some point.. which is probably too full so I'll probably have to buy a new one... lol

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 06:13:37 PM »
Something is odd about my Amiibo...

..Really odd...D:

Offline pikapikapika