JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kobushi Factory - Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan

Author Topic: (Artist) Otsuka Ai  (Read 102197 times)

Offline ew0923

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Artist) Otsuka Ai
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2006, 01:13:33 PM »
Thanks Bardvickers and Aedon.

I see that 'friends' and 'smily' does has its similarities...
I actually know "Suteki Da ne" quite well, it's the similar type of song, but not similar enough to be seen as plagarism (in my view)...but the PV :), I was wondering whether they got the walking on water bit from.

Offline inksquid

• I Make Stuff Up
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2006, 12:42:53 PM »
Plagiarism seems to be a pretty touchy subject for some Japanese fans. There are many who think WaT is a ripoff of Tackey & Tsubasa (but I bet that's johnny fans). And the luck for them is that people usually wait till there's hard evidence to chase people down - this allows some artists to skim at the edges but still make it. One popular offender has been Orange Range - some fans have even tracked down specific parts which are the same as Mr Children's songs or whatnot. And the lucky thing is that Orange Range sells on their image to enhance the song - plus female fans who will buy anything for them.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2006, 12:26:49 AM »
orange range has been accused on a number of occaisions of plagiarism, most notably theyre song Locolotion. the guitarist has even said that they start making news songs by playing already famous songs and saying "lets tweak this or will get in trouble"

and about otsuka, i've never heard the wyse song so i dunno, but planetarium isn't similar enough to suteki da ne to count as a rip-off, imo.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline inksquid

• I Make Stuff Up
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2006, 04:59:05 AM »
I always wondered if the original leader, the drummer of Orange Range might have left because of that? The claim was artistic differences which definitely leads to internal conflict. (sorry for going off topic). The Locolotion song was definitely proof of how a completely ripped off song can be sold with scantily clad girls, a hip rocking image and whatever hits kids with that fresh mtv vibe.

Offline Kaworito

• Reina's Gigolo
  • Member+
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2006, 01:09:41 AM »
O_o Never new Otsuka was accused of plagiarism... Wel, I guess it's not true, or else it'd be a huge scandal by now (see what happened with nacchi, and those were only poems, not #1 hit songs).

I love her, I really do. She's probably one of my favorite J-Artists outside H!P.

Offline inksquid

• I Make Stuff Up
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2006, 03:26:48 AM »
Quote from: Kaworito
O_o Never new Otsuka was accused of plagiarism... Wel, I guess it's not true, or else it'd be a huge scandal by now (see what happened with nacchi, and those were only poems, not #1 hit songs).

I love her, I really do. She's probably one of my favorite J-Artists outside H!P.

It's not a publicity scandal unless the original artists seek out the copier or in a case like Nacchi, there was solid printed evidence that she did steal the poems from her book. For Nacchi people did assume that there was some huge Nacchi hater out there who did go to great lengths to publicize it. And people like Otsuka Ai and Orange Range can hide from the radar since they "tweaked the song". The Beatles song "Yesterday" was considered a copy of a Nat King Cole song. And some artists that big people copy from or either dead or don't care.

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2006, 01:31:36 AM »
2nd Live DVD from Otsuka:

『LOVE COOK Tour 2006 ~マスカラ毎日つけてマスカラ~』 (仮)
2006.07.26 on sale

AVBD-91404 ¥3,500(tax in) [3333 yen without tax = $30.60]
This is weird, avex selling Ai's concert DVD at cheap price again, what is it, new marketing strategy? :rolleyes: I've seen a clip from the concert and it looked great, except that the set was rather cheap.

Also, "東京フレンズ The Movie ナビゲートエディション" (Making of "Tokyo Friends" movie) DVD is out 2006.07.19. The movie itself hits the theaters in August (if I remember correctly).

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline tivx

• Beauty To My Ai's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2006, 03:20:55 PM »
Quote from: aedon
Well, I couldn't remember the songs either, so I just googled 大塚愛 盗作, and got the SMILY *original* composer, it's wyse, and the song is called "Friend". I also found that "Planetarium" is *supposedly* ripped off from RIKKI's song 素敵だね (Suteki da ne; 2001; FFX theme song), as said that not only part of words & melody is the same, but also the PVs are similar:

I've never heard the song, but it should be findable being FF theme... LOVE bunny is also mentioned, with the avex "numaneko" scandal.

wow that pic is.....wow never noticed that

R.I.P. Kyle, already missing you man.........

Offline kid chino

• aka Hum Yai
  • Member+
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2006, 05:04:59 PM »
Quote from: aedon
2nd Live DVD from Otsuka:

『LOVE COOK Tour 2006 ~マスカラ毎日つけてマスカラ~』 (仮)
2006.07.26 on sale

AVBD-91404 ¥3,500(tax in) [3333 yen without tax = $30.60]
This is weird, avex selling Ai's concert DVD at cheap price again, what is it, new marketing strategy? :rolleyes: I've seen a clip from the concert and it looked great, except that the set was rather cheap.

Also, "東京フレンズ The Movie ナビゲートエディション" (Making of "Tokyo Friends" movie) DVD is out 2006.07.19. The movie itself hits the theaters in August (if I remember correctly).

ahhh, too bad we can't order any of these at yesasia.com yet =(

<3 Tokyo Friends. it was a pretty good DVD drama.

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2006, 04:48:53 PM »
NEW SINGLE FROM OTSUKA!
『ユメクイ』 (Yumekui)
2006.08.02 RELEASE
[CD+DVD]
AVCD-31021/B \1,890(tax in.)
[CD]
AVCD-31022 \1,050(tax in.)
It's the theme song of Ai's debut movie "Tokyo Friends".
Source: hotexpress.co.jp

Offline steven_346

« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2006, 12:14:56 PM »
wow new single is gonna come out again!
i love her songs!
especially "cherish"!

Offline kid chino

• aka Hum Yai
  • Member+
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2006, 02:27:26 PM »
indeed, yo.

i don't exactly remember which song is 'Yumekui' in Tokyo Friends, but all the songs featured in the drama was really good. so either way, i know i will like this single no matter what XD

maybe there is a prewview somewhere? the only place i know that has a preview along with other songs from Tokyo Friends are at channel-ai.com, but i'm not registered there.

Offline Affen SS

« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2006, 05:52:02 PM »
Hmm threre are new infos about the new single?

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2006, 08:20:50 PM »
Quote from: Affen SS
Hmm threre are new infos about the new single?

There're speculations that the single will contain 4 songs, as it was supposedly mentioned on the movie press conference, however, it wouldn't make sense to me as they'll probably hold back the new(?) songs for OST.

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2006, 01:32:52 PM »
These news might be a bit old, but a new song "Ren'ai Shashin" is gonna be the theme song to the movie "Tada, Kimi wo Aishiteru" starring Miyazaki Aoi that comes out this autumn (rumours say October/November).
http://www.aishiteru.jp/

Offline chocolate

• Covered Rika
  • Member+
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2006, 09:35:39 PM »
As I was reading another thread here it's hard to understand why she is on Most hated celeb list in Japan. :(

I watched her short clip of Yumekui Live. It's great song like FRIENDS -SABAKAN version and her guitar playing is so cute in a clip. They hadn't probably plug-in her guitar. :P

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2006, 09:32:22 PM »
Tokyo Friends The Movie music collection
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCF-22921
Music compilation from film "Tokyo Friends" features roughly ten songs including the Ai Otsuka tracks "Friends - Sabakan ver.," "tears," and the first ever release on CD of the songs "Kimi to Iu Hana," "to me," "Chotto," "Hurricane," and more (details subject to change). Includes bonus DVD with the songs "Yumekui (Sabakan ver.), "Tears (Sabakan ver.)," "Friends (Sabakan ver.)," and more (details subject to change).

4 new songs almost confirmed! XD 1st press is apparently badges...

Offline kid chino

• aka Hum Yai
  • Member+
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2006, 07:25:40 PM »
3 videos i've uploaded:

enjoy <3

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2006, 07:44:50 PM »
rockin chino! you know i love me some otsuka:heart:

so adroable

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2006, 09:16:06 PM »
New promo pic from CDJapan:

She looks so much like Ayu @.@

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kobushi Factory - Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan