JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Boat - March of Booat

Author Topic: (Artist) Nakagawa Shoko  (Read 384558 times)

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
Re: (Artist) Nakagawa Shoko
« Reply #1300 on: September 11, 2008, 12:53:38 AM »
I'll upload the videos from Tsuzuku Sekai Matsuri later for anyone that missed it
There's 3 parts and they're all nearly 2GB so I need to convert them to something smaller since it will kill my bandwidth if I upload something like that ><
About 1 hour and 15 minutes of footage total; the quality is a lot better than I expected
I hope they put reruns up again soon ><
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 12:56:25 AM by Timewizard21 »

Offline doinkies

• Wotadoink
  • Member+
  • Reinadoinkies! <3
« Reply #1301 on: September 11, 2008, 06:03:44 AM »
Also did anyone see サンキューギザ☆マッチ!~中川翔子 LIVE IN U.​S.​A.​~?  It was a half hour broadcast of her time in the US. 

I have it, I might upload it to Jpopsuki or H!O later. Hopefully Comcast won't be a doink...

Thanks for uploading the Tsuzuku Sekai Matsuri videos, Timewizard. I missed it because it aired at 5 in the morning in my timezone and I'm not going to get up at 5 just to watch Shokotan  :P

I hope someone will upload the Tsuzuku Sekai DVD too, I want to see the full AX08 coverage...

Av and sig courtesy of genericpaperdoll! ~ H!P fangirl since 2001!
Click my dragons!

Offline starry01482

• Member+
« Reply #1302 on: September 11, 2008, 06:55:14 AM »
Did it happen?  I looked at 9 but just a black screen.  Then I was unable to reopen that small window again, it kept shutting.

Yeah, it started at 9pm in Japan so it's different if you live in another time zone.
There were a few preview clips of the AX08 concert and Donyoku Matsuri 2008.
She read a few fan mail but I don't think mine got read.   Thousands get sent so it's hard to get it in ><
She was really hyper throughout the whole thing too (actually she's always hyper for all the broadcasts).  She was cosplaying as Nia and did a few awesome Gurren Lagann impressions.
I recorded the whole thing with my digital camera though if anyone is interested in watching it.  I don't know how to record live streaming so this is the only way ><. 

Also did anyone see サンキューギザ☆マッチ!~中川翔子 LIVE IN U.​S.​A.​~?  It was a half hour broadcast of her time in the US. 

Yeh I was looking at it at 1pm GMT which I believe was the time is was supposed to be, I just seemed to have some problems seeing it.  Anyway it would be great to have a look at either of these broadcasts which you mention.   :)

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1303 on: September 11, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »
I just finished watching the Donyoku Matsuri 2008 DVD (been waiting for it before the concert tour even started, Donyoku Matsuri was what made me a fan in the first place)
There were a lot of awesome performances especially Brilliant Dream and Snow tears + Koi no Kioku
The rock songs were a bit stale, maybe because both songs get overplayed so much
starry pink made a good ending to the concert though (if you don't count the encore)

Besides ShinyGATE, Strawberry melody and Winter Wish also got cut :(
Winter Wish could've been great along with snow tears + koi no kioku which I think were the best part of the concert (Brilliant Dream was awesome too, especially the instrumentals they did after the song)
I'm already looking forward to the next Donyoku Matsuri ><.  I heard from a friend who asked one of her managers and he said that there was going to be another concert in March next year.  Hopefully there will be a new album released in between.
Did anyone hear any news about the 7th single that was supposedly going to be released in October?

I also saw サンキューギザ☆マッチ!(Thank you GIZA much!) ~中川翔子 LIVE IN U.​S.​A.​~.  It brought back a few memories from that event.  IIRC there was clips of the Q&A panel, autograph session and OP ceremonies.  I still remember that MC that pronounced Shokotan's name wrong and skipped her for opening remarks ><. There were some clips of the US concert as well (it showed footage for 1/2, sorairo days and romantic ageru yo).  There was also a lot of clips of stuff that happened backstage and the making of Tsuzuku Sekai PV and the PV itself at the end.

I'm still trying to convert the videos from Tsuzuku Sekai Matsuri into a smaller format so I can upload them.  I'll probably have the first part up within a few hours.  Sorry for the delay><

Also Shokotan will be on Music Japan in a few hours!!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:45:08 PM by Timewizard21 »

Offline starry01482

• Member+
« Reply #1304 on: September 11, 2008, 11:59:26 PM »
I've now seen 'Thankyou Giza Much', I managed to download it from here

http://www.tokyotosho.com/search.php?terms=%E4%B8%AD%E5%B7%9D%E7%BF%94%E5%AD%90&type=0

She looked very nervous before the concert  :D

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1305 on: September 12, 2008, 02:13:57 AM »
Here's part 1 of 3 for the video of Tsuzuku Sekai Matsuri that I recorded
I love how she's always so energetic everytime she does this broadcast

http://www.twitter.com/?d=OAVTMH6R

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1306 on: September 12, 2008, 07:29:47 AM »
Just previewed the concert (waiting for the DVD to watch the whole thing)
I noticed there where some rather big venues (like with multiple levels of people going up) and she used a live band.
She's also taking lots of pictures with the fans in the background :)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1307 on: September 12, 2008, 10:04:44 AM »
Quick thoughts on Shoko's concert DVD:

Great:
-Shokotan's enthusiasm
-Shots of the crowd / the crow itself
-Live band!

Good:
-Shoko has improved her singing a lot since the previous DVD, but she still can't match up to the more expierenced vocalists. Sometimes she overdoes it and sometimes she's a little short. However, her enthusiasm makes up (and explains) this. You can see Shoko has to work to get all the notes, it doesn't come natural yet. But, like I said, much better than the previous concert tour.

Not so good:
- The overal mix annoyed me. Either the band is too soft or the vocals are too high in the mix. Why a live band if you can barely hear them. And the band is great, they show their skills in the intrumental sections.

Overal a very enjoyable DVD and great effort by Shokotan  :)

btw, lmao @ Sukashikashipanman's intro dance   :lol:
and the making is also highly enjoyable! I could feel the tension when the intro music started and Shokotan was waiting to get on stage.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 10:29:47 AM by BarrieV »

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1308 on: September 12, 2008, 05:36:28 PM »
omg I forgot to cancel my preorder that I made 2 months ago for Tsuzuku Sekai and Donyoku Matsuri 2008 at CDjapan ><
I already ordered everything from Amazon.co.jp because it was a bit cheaper
now I have too much copies of both ><
12 copies of Tsuzuku Sekai (3 of each sku) and 2 copies of Donyoku Matsuri 2008 ><
Does anyone know if either company does refunds? ><

Offline starry01482

• Member+
« Reply #1309 on: September 12, 2008, 11:49:37 PM »
Another interesting thing in 'Thankyou Giza Much' was her learning the English she had to speak during the concert with the various cards she had with little phrases on.  English words have certainly permeated Japanese culture through the last several decades but obviously that doesn't make it easier to put together full sentences for them.  Shoko doesn't have much confidence in english but I hope she can improve on that.

Her singing voice was always about to improve with the more she does.  She probably has a much stronger voice than some people expected as she seems relatively small in stature.  Alot of people nowadays demand perfection in vocals but I'm not one of those, as long as the spirit of the song is conveyed that is the main thing for me.  She can convey plenty of energy in the uptempo songs but I also like her in ballads and I wish she was known as much for them as the other type.

I think it would have been easy to sing songs which were simpler musically and less diverse than what she has as well.  Simpler ballads or mid temp pop songs would have been well within her range judging by her performances of some Seiko Matsuda songs in the past.  But instead energetic rock or some very lively pop songs have been a regular part of her output.  A song like 1/2 is a rapid torrent of words yet she seems to perform it quite well.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:25:16 AM by starry01482 »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1310 on: September 13, 2008, 10:32:04 AM »
Hey doink, remember there's a JPHiP TRACKER!! USE IT :P

d'oh!! Timewizard21 - hopefully ... contact the Help section fo sho. Here's cdjapan's return policy:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/help/rpd.html#1

Props for the Tsuzuku Sekai Matsuri  footage!

I copped the single, here it is (incl. scans in 320kps)

中川翔子 - 続く世界

1. 続く世界
  2. through the looking glass
  3. 続く世界 -Instrumental-
  4. 空色デイズ feat.8bit Project -spiral chiptune mix-

DOWNLOAD
http://sharebee.com/62dd729b

aedon woulda loved it!!! so many editions blows my mind  :w00t:

OR

DOWNLOAD AT JPHiP TRACKER  :shakeit:

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1311 on: September 14, 2008, 07:42:00 AM »
Hey doink, remember there's a JPHiP TRACKER!! USE IT :P

d'oh!! Timewizard21 - hopefully ... contact the Help section fo sho. Here's cdjapan's return policy:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/help/rpd.html#1

Thanks ><
I decided to suck it up and keep it since they probably won't refund shipping (and I have to ship it back to them too ><)
At least they came with some awesome stickers ><

I just found this:

http://www.fujiya-peko.co.jp/look/campaign2008/index.html

Click on the new CM!!

The song is called 綺麗 アラモード (Kirei A Ra Mo Do - Beautiful A La Mode)
It's probably going to be a song in the upcoming single in October!
Found some scans of it too:

I'll have the last 2 parts that I recorded for Tsuzuku Sekai Matsuri up soon
I'm not sure if they're going to rerun it (they did for the earlier ones) ><
I want to see ShyGe Matsuri again ><
Some nice guy posted a cam of it on YouTube a while ago but it got taken down by SMOJ :(

Also did anyone watch the last Music Fighter a while ago?
I missed it and Shokotan was on it  :(

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1312 on: September 14, 2008, 11:20:09 AM »
Thanks ><
I decided to suck it up and keep it since they probably won't refund shipping (and I have to ship it back to them too ><)
At least they came with some awesome stickers ><

There's always ebay :D funny guy at work is selling old Air Jordan and Kobe's and I'm like DUUUDE!! that stinks. who wanna buy dat? lol

I'll try to look for the Music Fighter Timewizard21. :thumbsup

Maaaadness. another single. LOOKing hot. More heart hand-signs to modify bwahahaha

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #1313 on: September 15, 2008, 12:49:56 AM »
I've watch doryoku matsuri so many times now!! I love it so much!!
My stupid brother that insults everything I like tried to insult her and I wasn't having any of it! Never insult shokotan!! She is better than them <33333
So when's she performing at a UK con/expo??? T___T

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #1314 on: September 15, 2008, 04:54:48 AM »
Is your brother gay? :lol:

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1315 on: September 15, 2008, 05:01:45 AM »
I've watch doryoku matsuri so many times now!! I love it so much!!
My stupid brother that insults everything I like tried to insult her and I wasn't having any of it! Never insult shokotan!! She is better than them <33333
So when's she performing at a UK con/expo??? T___T

I can't stop watching it too ><
Donyoku Matsuri is like a dream concert, I think I've seen 2008 at least 10 times already or more, I don't really keep track lol
My next goal is to attend a Donyoku Matsuri concert ><
I can't wait to hear the Donyoku band LIVE too ><
I have a friend in Japan who was lucky enough to attend all of them (the very first one and 9 during the 2008 tour)
You can see him a bunch of times in the audience on the DVD too
I wish I could go to just one ><
He got a Donyoku happi for me and is going to send it to me very soon
It's the biggest Shokotan merchandise I ever wanted so can't wait to get it ;_;
I'm probably going to wear it to every special event like they recommended lol

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #1316 on: September 15, 2008, 11:58:24 AM »
@StreakInTheSky no he's not but he sometimes thinks i am xD

When do you think she'll do another or has she started? I've been out of the shokotan loop for a while now I feel like I know nothing >_<

set made by me

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1317 on: September 15, 2008, 10:15:32 PM »
@StreakInTheSky no he's not but he sometimes thinks i am xD

When do you think she'll do another or has she started? I've been out of the shokotan loop for a while now I feel like I know nothing >_<

My friend asked her music manager and he said that the next one will probably be in March 2009.
She recently performed the songs from her new single and did handshake meetings in 3 different cities ><
My friend went and got to shake Shokotan's hand
I wish I lived in Japan so I can go :(

I found some pictures of the event somewhere.  Will post them up later!

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #1318 on: September 16, 2008, 12:47:56 AM »
I saw some pics on her blog that were from handshakes and concert eventy things, I guess that's what you're talking about.
She has some awesome fans!

set made by me

Offline Timewizard21

• Member+
« Reply #1319 on: September 16, 2008, 02:03:08 AM »
I saw some pics on her blog that were from handshakes and concert eventy things, I guess that's what you're talking about.
She has some awesome fans!

Yeah that was the event
Shokotan fans are really awesome ><

Here are the pictures, there's more but most of them are very similar

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 02:06:09 AM by Timewizard21 »

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Boat - March of Booat