JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kou Shibasaki - Kage

Author Topic: The Official Rap Thread  (Read 677681 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: The Official Rap Thread
« Reply #680 on: January 26, 2009, 08:25:12 AM »

1. Combat (Afro Season II Open Theme) - The RZA & P. Dot
2. You Already Know - Kool G Rap, Inspectah Deck & Suga Bang
3. Blood Thicker Than Mud Family Affair - Reverend William Burks, Sly Stone & Stone Mecca
4. Whar - Kool G Rap, Ghostface Killah, Tash Mahogany & The RZA
5. Girl Samurai Lullaby - Rah Digga & Stone Mecca
6. Fight For You - Thea Van Seijen
7. Bitch Gonna Get Ya - Rah Digga
8. Bloody Days Bloody Nights - Prodigal Sunn &Thea Van Seijen
9. Kill Kill Kill - Rugged Monk
10. Nappy Afro - Boy Jones
11. Bloody Samurai - Black Knights, Dexter Wiggles & Thea Van Seijen
12. Dead Birds - Killa Priest, Prodigal Sunn & Shavo
13. Arch Nemesis - Ace & Moe Rock
14. Brother's Keeper - Reverend William Burks, The RZA & Infinite
15. Yellow Jackets - Ace & Moe Rock
16. Take The Sword Part III - 60 Second Assassin, Leggezin, Crisis, Christ Bearer, Rugged Monk, Tre Irie, Kinetic, Reverend William Burks & Bobby Digital
17. Number One Samurai (Afro Season II Outro) - The RZA & 9th Prince
DOWNLOAD

Bloody Samurai is my shit :yep:

New track from MF from his upcoming album, "Born Like This" (I thought it was Born Into This)

Props! Finally new DOOM material :w00t:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #681 on: January 27, 2009, 08:40:28 PM »
^ Props! Another Season of Afro Samurai, shit can't get no better than this. You know what's hotter? KARDINAL OFFISHALL RETURNING TO EDMONTON!! End of February, I'm fuckin gonna stalk him. Meanwhile peep the new T.I. Jamie Foxx collabo - such a retarded video XD

HIGHLY Recommend that Brookyln Bullshit..props zomb!~!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #682 on: January 27, 2009, 11:40:16 PM »
lol nice one Kanye aka Martin Louis The King Jr - worst rapper AKA ever.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #683 on: January 29, 2009, 09:55:56 AM »
Cuban Linx, motherfuckers! :pimp:

Raekwon feat. Ghostface Killah - Criminology Pt. 2 (Produced By The Rza)
http://sharebee.com/763bfacf

Part 2 ain't bad but it definitely ain't fucking with the OG version :yep:

From Anime to Games, RZA Is a Soundtracking Samurai

Robert Diggs, aka the RZA, has done everything from shepherding hip-hop group Wu-Tang Clan through decades of success to soundtracking films like Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill series.  He brings a unique blend of musical skills, street smarts and cultural cachet to everything he touches.

His latest recording, Afro Samurai Resurrection, is a soundtrack to Season 2 of Spike TV's ninja-hop anime TV series Afro Samurai. Released Tuesday, it's a hefty dose of stark, cinematic beats and rhymes, embellished by guest stars as different as rapper Rah Digga and soul legend Sly Stone. (RZA's music also appears in the Afro Samurai videogame, released this week for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.)

Lately, however, it's been rumored that RZA will leave the music business after he drops his long-awaited but still unreleased solo album, The Cure, which he has hinted may be his last. "I've been a good businessman with a good repertoire," he explains in an interview with Wired.com, "so if I want to go, I can."

Not that he's going to take up slacking. He's got a collaboration with System of a Down bassist Shavo Odadjian in the can, is working on the sequel to fellow Clansman Raekwon's popular solo effort Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, and is intent on directing a martial-arts masterpiece or two.

He's already nailed the acting biz, having starred in movies like American Gangster and Derailed, and is producing a remake of cult classic martial-arts film The Last Dragon with Afro Samurai star Samuel L. Jackson.

Wired.com caught up with RZA by phone to chat about Afro Samurai, terrorism, our new president, the return of Sly Stone and the absolute essentials for any martial-arts nut.

Wired.com: Let's start with the scariest news first. Is it true that you are retiring from music and performance to focus on film?

RZA: I don't know if I will retire from music entirely. As for acting, who knows? The music biz is changing and losing ground every day. It's not what it used to be. But I will be making music every day regardless. I just might set up a digital boutique label for those who want it. I've been a good businessman with a good repertoire, so if I want to go, I can.

Wired.com: Are you looking ahead to a day when CDs are dead?

RZA: Potentially, there will be a time like that, but it will take the auto industry to make it happen, at least until they have a way to download music in your car. Right now, their audio component is built around CDs. Over here it's almost obsolete, but the Third World is still using cassettes!

Wired.com: Now that we've confirmed you're sticking around, what are your thoughts on the Afro Samurai Resurrection soundtrack?

RZA: The soundtrack really complements the series, which is based on a female villain named Sio, played by Lucy Liu, who is out to kill Afro. He's in a different state of mind and tired of killing, but Sio digs up his father. So Afro has to get his sword out again, know what I mean? So I put a lot of female presences on the soundtrack, including Rah Digga. She's got a song called "Bitch Gonna Get Ya" and another called "Fight for You," which describes the pain she feels towards Afro and why she wants to kill him. The love she has for her brother, who Afro killed, is overwhelming. It all goes back to old Japanese movies like Lady Snowblood.

Wired.com: What was it like to work with Sly Stone on the track "Blood Is Thicker Than Mud?"

RZA: Sly Stone is Afro's father on the soundtrack. I said during Season 1 that Afro represented soul music, so for Season 2 I figured I'd have Sly Stone step in as the father of soul music. It came to me one night in studio while smoking out with George Clinton. Clinton was like, "Sly don't work with anybody," but I pressed on. George talked to him, and he was cool with me. Once he came over, he wanted to come over every night!

Wired.com: How is he doing? Fans have been hoping for a comeback for a while now.

RZA: We talked about getting him to do another album. If he wants to do it, I would help him out. My wife and her brother are big fans. They was like, "Sly Stone? The real Sly Stone?" It was a blessing to work with him.

Wired.com: While we're on anime, what would you say are the martial-arts essentials every newbie and loyalist should have?

RZA: Well, you gotta have Five Deadly Venoms. I also suggest Death Chamber, which is sometimes known as Shaolin Temple. Then there is The Mystery of Chess Boxing, just so you can see how physical power was being used. For those into the spirituality, get Master of Zen. And you gotta have Ninja Scroll, Akira and Fist of the North Star.

Wired.com: What's your next musical move, if you're not retiring?

RZA: I made an album with Shavo Odadjian from System of a Down.... The album we created is in a world of its own. It's as unique as Wu-Tang's 36 Chambers, as unique as Gravediggaz's 6 Feet Deep, as unique as De La Soul's 3 Feet High and Rising. That is where you will next hear my raw, unfiltered talent.

Wired.com: Those are some serious classics. The Wired.com readership is still nuts for 6 Feet Deep.

RZA: What makes it so good is that it is just us making music, being buddies and being neighbors. Just like when Wu started in our basement. We weren't thinking about money then, or now really. Brothers just came over with a bag of weed or whatever goodies they had, and we went. Plus, the lyrics from this joint with Shavo are politically and personally meaningful, because we're both deep brothers.

Wired.com: What about The Cure, your so-called final solo effort?

RZA: I said I would do The Cure, but the record with Shavo is its prequel. It's a deep record. I have a song where I pour out my heart to Allah. In today's society, you can't even speak about Allah, because people equate that with terrorism. But brothers living in terror or visiting terror on others have a misunderstanding of Islam. Jesus, Krishna, Buddha, Allah: The problem is that truth is the truth. We are all one.

Wired.com: Are you optimistic about the Obama administration?

RZA: I think Obama is good for us, man. To me, he's incredible. That shit was once unimaginable in America. That a black man would ascend to the highest position in the world? It goes to everything that Wu-Tang Clan has rapped about. That the world would get to this point is simply amazing.

Top 5 RZA-Related Projects, According to RZA

- Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers): A no-brainer. The Wu-Tang Clan's greatest effort, and a standard bearer for all hip-hop that followed after.
- Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx/GZA's Liquid Swords: A two-for-one. Flagship joints from Wu-Tang stars, produced by RZA and released in a '90s ruled by the Clan.
- Gravediggaz's 6 Feet Deep: "It's one of those albums that is in a world of its own," explains RZA. "If hip-hop changed 20 times over, it would still stand there alongside De La Soul's 3 Feet High and Rising."
- Kill Bill Soundtrack: "Producing that opened a whole new world for me," RZA says.
- As-yet-untitled collaboration with System of a Down's Shavo Odadjian: "The Shavo album is as original as the Gravediggaz' first record to me," RZA says. "If the fans get hold of this, it could spark a whole new fire!
http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2009/01/samurai-clansma.html

RZA's interviews are always dope as hell :bow:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 10:13:00 AM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #684 on: January 31, 2009, 09:22:57 PM »
SHIT! about fuckin time Cuban Linx II dropped. Kinda surprised they used the same hook, Scarface sample but the lyrics are TIGHT.

RZA is mad genius - working with  System of a Down guy?? WHOA. Better not be that rap-metal shit haha

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #685 on: February 01, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »

Holy shit! Another new Raekwon joint! Throw your W's up!

Raekwon, Ghostface Killah & Method Man - Untitled
http://sharebee.com/c330daa5

FIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! THE BEST WU SONG IN AGES! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Damn, that shit goes hard as fuck! Now this is that vintage Wu shit everybody loves! Mr. Mef is back like cooked crack. Ghost is still that dude. Raekwon stay spitting fire. Whoever produced the beat is a fucking genius. In other words that song better be on Cuban Linx 2 :pimp:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 05:58:52 PM by Masa »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #686 on: February 01, 2009, 05:52:31 PM »
N.A.S.A. - The Spirit Of Apollo (2009/02/16)

1. Intro 0:58
2. The People Tree Feat. David Bryne, Chali 2na, Gift Of Gab & Z-Trip 4:14
3. Money Feat. David Bryne, Chuck D, Ras Congo, Seu Jorge & Z-Trip 4:15
4. N.A.S.A. Music Feat. Method Man, E-40 & DJ Swamp 4:22
5. Way Down Feat. RZA, Barbie & John Frusciante 3:13
6. Hiphop Feat. KRS-One, Fatlip & Slim Kid Tre 4:06
7. Four Rooms Earth View 0:25
8. Strange Enough Feat. Karen O', Ol' Dirty Bastard & Fatlip 4:13
9. Spacious Thoughts Feat. Tom Waits & Kool Keith 4:30
10. Gifted Feat. Kanye West, Santa Gold & Lykke Li 3:39
11. A Volta Feat. Sizzla, Amanda Blank & Lovefoxxx 3:13
12. Theirs A Party Feat. George Clinton & Chali 2na 4:07
13. Whatchadoin? Feat. Spank Rock, M.I.A., Santogold & Nick Zinner 4:09
14. O Pata Feat. Kool Kojak & DJ Babao 3:18
15. Soul Samba Feat. Del Tha Funkee Homosapien & DJ Qbert 4:24
16. The Mayor Feat. The Cool Kids, Ghostface Killah, Scarface & 4:34
17. N.A.S.A. Anthem 15:32
DOWNLOAD

I dunno much about these dudes but they must have mad connections since they got fucking everybody on their album XD

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #687 on: February 02, 2009, 10:15:48 PM »
Raekwon, Ghostface Killah & Method Man - Untitled

We be beer drinkin', Cuban Linkin! The CD-quality version is here! SUUUUUUUUUUUU! :theking

Raekwon - Wu Ooh feat. Ghostface Killah & Method Man
http://sharebee.com/f6bdadcc

Busta Rhymes talks about Cuban Linx II (and part 1) and being exec producer

Busta Rhymes told MTV News that the Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II campaign has finally started. Last week, Raekwon the Chef dropped "Criminology '09," and Mr. Rhymes said more music is coming soon — so is the album.

"I saw that purple casing of the cassette," Busta remembered about the day he bought the first Only Built 4 Cuban Linx LP in 1995."I ain't never seen that before."

Cuban Linx has been heralded by fans and critics as one of the greatest contributions to the hip-hop catalog — not only because of RZA's cinematic soundscape, but because of the descriptive lyrical play between Rae and Ghostface Killah.

"I went in the car and played that," Busta continued of the purple tape. "I got to the intro, and I couldn't get pass the intro, because in the intro, it sounded like they were sniffing coke. I was like this sh-- is crazy, because this ain't cool. In the traditional fashion of hip-hop or just [in society], we looked at somebody like if you sniffed coke, you're a fiend. But they was so gangsta."

Rae and Ghost's opus was heralded as a musical page out of "Scarface," in which they showed the consequences of dealing with drugs. "I was like, 'This sh-- is so movie, before I even get to the first song,; " Busta thought back excitedly. "I was like, 'This is something I wish was mine.' "

Rhymes said executive-producing Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II is an opportunity he's waited for his entire life.

"The opportunity presented itself overseas," he explained about how the new LP started. "I forget what country it was in, but me and Rae was backstage I think Mobb Deep was there. Rae, I was like, 'Yo, man, I respect Immobilarity and R.A.G.U. and all them other albums, but why won't you ever go back and do another Cuban Linx?' He said, 'You think we should do it?' I was like, 'You have to do it! You owe it to so many people, B. You owe it to us. I don't care what you feel, what you think, what you say. Whatever I need to do to facilitate that, let's just start, see where it goes.' "

Bus and Rae went back to New York and started recording. Busta got the beats together, and Rae went in hard with his armory of rhymes.

"He was touching them beats like an unbelievable seven-star general of live-wire MCing," Bus said. "At the time, I was at Aftermath. We had put together enough songs. And when Dre heard it, he was like, 'Here.' Dre gave him five beats. RZA came to the table and started giving him the traditional classic, grainy foundation of Wu-Tang sound. J Dilla, I had that relationship. Got some joints from Ma Dukes. Hit him off with joints. [Rae] had a collection of bangers and started to sew it all together."

Although Linx II doesn't have a release date yet, Bus said it will give the "seventh-seal stamp on hip-hop" when it does drop.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 05:41:12 PM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #688 on: February 04, 2009, 09:05:14 PM »
Mad props for the Untitled!! Shit is MAD GRIMY back to he WU staples. MAINTAIN! I ain't gonna hold me breath on Cuban Linx II - I'll believe it when I see it XD

N.A.S.A. is actually pretty dope. Like it was some collabo project between super minds of Del, Outkast, Parliament, and some 70s folk rock. Y'all COP DAT SHIT

Here's Kardi on Leno again...skip to the last 10 seconds :lol:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KwxUrj_5Tqo

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #689 on: February 06, 2009, 09:51:54 AM »
haha I said that after I listened to up the Kanye track. Then George Clinton and Del show up.

That last track took forever -skip to 10:35 RZA - I need you to know I need you.

AND can't wait for the Grammys to drop SWAGGA live!! http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1604405/20090205/t_i_.jhtml

which they'll prolly make a cheap ass video while they at it lol

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #690 on: February 08, 2009, 10:22:43 PM »

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #691 on: February 09, 2009, 06:43:47 AM »
ITS THE MOTHA FUCKIN' VILLAIN!!!
AAAH YEAH!  18 TRACKS!  Hope its not like the filler skits on MMm Food.

I think i heard Lightworks on his myspace.  Him on the Dilla Lightworks beat.

word.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #692 on: February 09, 2009, 08:14:51 AM »
M.I.A, T.I., Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, & Kanye West Perform "Swagga Like Us" At The 51st Annual Grammy Awards

:twothumbs

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #693 on: February 09, 2009, 08:22:40 AM »
WATCH! It before the grammys delete it :lol: I tried to post youtube versions but it kept getting ripped.

FUCK!!! I love the hard rock edge to it. and M.I.A. was gonna burst...BADDEST . RAP. PERF. EVER.

M.I.A. was so cute  waving at the end, while the others were like SWAG! :theking

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #694 on: February 09, 2009, 08:54:58 PM »

LMAO Fiddy dissing Foxy Brown:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #695 on: February 10, 2009, 04:09:41 AM »
He's actually dissin Rick Ross, but in a fucked up way, but if you want to see some bidness

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHPUN0YeuuY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHPUN0YeuuY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #696 on: February 10, 2009, 07:58:11 AM »

:lol:

50 Cent Vs Rick Ross - Recap Of The Beef:
http://www.thisis50.com/profiles/blogs/50-cent-vs-rick-ross-recap-of

Fiddy's wack but I gotta give him props for making this feud entertaining. Fiddy's diss videos > his diss songs XD

Here's another Nas project that will never come out:
News: Nas Announces Collaboration Album W/ Damian Marley, "We Tryin' To Build Some Schools In Africa With This One"

Grammy-nominated rapper Nas has announced plans to release an upcoming collaboration album with singer Damian Marley.

The Queens, New York-bred emcee confirmed the forthcoming project at Sunday's Grammy Awards.

"Right now, I'll tell you first, I'm working on an album with Damian Marley, and we tryin' to build some schools in Africa with this one, and trying to build empowerment," Nas said. "We're tryin' to show love and stuff with this album. So, the record's ... all about really the 'hood and Africa also as well. That's coming out real soon...Too early to tell the title or anything like that," he said. "Shout out to my man Jr. Gong, we getting it in right now." (MTV News)

Nas previously hinted at making a big announcement last week.

"[I'm] trying to get myself together creatively [and] just [keeping] my head all straight to figure out what the next move is," Nas said in an interview. "Couple of special things up my sleeve that should be unveiled in the next few weeks." That's about all he'll say about them, although he promises that one of the projects "is history." (Billboard)

The album will follow-up last summer's Untitled project.

A politically charged self-titled album, at one point considered to be titled N*gger, materialized in 2008, and not without some controversy of its own. (All Music)

Marley is known for 2005's popular "Welcome to Jamrock" single, speaking on political injustice much to the same effect as Nas is known for.
http://www.sohh.com/2009/02/nas_announces_collaborati.html
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:09:10 AM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #697 on: February 10, 2009, 08:29:49 PM »
Talib Kweli coming to Edmonton!!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=125155660334

Fuckin Chris Brown...Jigga is gonna git him for what he did to Rihanna :/ Allegedly. But still...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 09:32:36 PM by daigong »

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #698 on: February 11, 2009, 04:35:52 AM »
Ah shit, look at the artists going to Edmonton!

Nice to hear Nas is planning another album, but damn, what ever happened to that Nas/Premier collab?
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #699 on: February 11, 2009, 08:50:07 PM »