JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Falling U

Author Topic: What get you started getting into SNSD?  (Read 51790 times)

Offline NinniN

• Member+
What get you started getting into SNSD?
« on: May 02, 2010, 10:19:08 AM »
Yes, just like the title says: "What get you started getting into SNSD?"

For me, it was when i watched a music countdown show, hosted by a really cute pair.
the show, Sonyeon Sonyeo Gayo Baekso, the host was Kim Hyesung and Tiffany, in the episode where seohyun come as guest
"Oh, this is girl is cute! i think i'll watch a bit" I thought, and ended watching the whole thing, and still wanting more.

Hell, i dont watch anything korean back then, so thnx to that show, it started my interest into the whole korean world+culture

Offline kunenkia

Re: What get you started getting into SNSD?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 12:24:50 PM »
Gee Mv
when i first heard this song, it is quite unforgettable at that time
but genie already out.
they are so cute.
but now, i started to love Kara :P

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 07:57:22 AM »
I saw their first promo pic (the one with white outfits) at a Thai forum, thought they looked like angels, then totally backed off when I saw the group's name (me knew no Korean).

Saw ITNW MV on local TV, thought they were great, they were pretty, they could dance and most of them could sing, but I wasn't interested enough.

Got bored one day in months later and, for some unknown reason, decided to search for their vids on youtube and, coincidentally, their new MV "Girls' Generation" had just come out a few days before. That MV got me hooked with the oversized sweaters and shorts and all the cuteness. Great singing too! So I started to do some research and shortly after become a fan.

Offline aznnerd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 02:21:27 PM »
I stumbled across the girls by accident while watching subbed videos of SuJu's Full House on Youtube.
In the related videos list were the UCC promos, you know the ones with the elevator like music and the pictures?
Haha the first one I saw was Tiffany and I was hooked :3
I went on Veoh and watched some subbed episodes of MTV and booked it to the 1st Int'l forum....which wasn't Soshified ;D
It was Ambition, and I downloaded their subs. This would have been around November/December 2007 and I've been on the SNSD train ever since.

Offline AZHAR

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 03:52:08 PM »
I started to love SNSD is when i watched Horror MOvie FActory,....Man i love that show....

Offline Overmars

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 04:43:51 AM »
I saw them first time in "Gee" MV , but I still not like them yet.
I interested in them since "Genie" MV.
They look cute & their legs' movements are impressive.  :w00t:

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 04:56:33 AM »
Through the evil forces of tama and dorky dave, I became a fan. lol

At first wasn't too interested, only ITNW and Girls' Generation MV was out; Jess and Tae caught my eye, but not enough to hold until BAM! Kissing You arrived. Hook, line, sinker. XD

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 05:07:59 AM »
Tama's and shirenu's love for them in late 2007, then the performance at the Golden Disk Awards that year, and then Girls on Top/My Name performance that time too.  Hot asses in shiny pants?  Yesplz.

Offline [R-748]

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 05:25:47 AM »
i was Gee MV and i was like, catchy song and they're bunch of pretty girls with nice moves and nice legs.. XD
next thing i'm on google typing Girls' Generation.. and their videos and songs and pictures came up.. i liked them since.. :D

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 12:35:42 AM »
I think it was around the time Into the New World was released. Their thread here had a whole bunch of pages and everyone was talking about them and whatnot, so I decided to check them out. I thought the song was pretty cute, but I didn't really start paying attention to them until (I think) early 2008 around the time the "Baby Baby" repackage album was out.

So it's all thanks to JPH!P. Hooray! :jphip:

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 04:43:19 AM »
Well mine is pretty similar to tama I think. :O

I think the first time I saw them was when I was looking for some pictures from when Maki went to the mnet 20s choice thing back around their debut in 2007. I stumbled onto popseul and saw a picture of them and thought they looked super fresh and pretty (and did a :? because the caption said they looked ugly or something :lol:) I also remember accidentally downloading the parody they did on happy together about the bald guy from clubbox, which I thought was pretty funny. But I didn't think much of it at the time.

Then probably about march '08 I stumbled on a blog that had some k-pop videos and one of them was the (I think inkigayo) performance with the sweatshirts :heart: and I kept replaying it trying to figure out what the shirts said. After that I looked up a bunch more videos on youtube, downloaded GGTS off of Veoh and did a marathon viewing that night. Then I started frequenting the thread on soompi joined soshified and discovered here (which is weird since I had been to JPH!P and Soompi for years but never went as far as to look up anything k-pop before then)

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 04:59:48 AM »
Quoting myself from the SNSD fan introduction thread:

When/how did you become an SNSD fan: I became an official fan when I went into the SNSD multimedia section and reached enlightenment

Elaboration time Woo Hoo!

I think the story is kinda weird. Around 2 Double-0 8, Baby Baby was blowing up. With the repackaged album out and the partical fan of older kpop that I am (Think circa 1998-2000), after hearing a few random songs off the various JPH!P radio shows (Shoutout to all ya'll for holding it down out in radio land) I decided to hook myself up with that album. I listened to it beginning to end, liked it and never did anything SNSD related for a while.

And by awhile I mean till 2009. The Gee storm had come full force. And I recognized the name and reminded myself of this group. But even when I enjoyed Gee when I heard it, I still didn't really care for SNSD.

Mid March of 09 rolls around, literally the day AFTER SM stopped promoting Gee is when I became a fan. Browsing the JPH!P forums as I am prone to do, I noticed the SNSD multimedia section. And I'm all "Lets check these girls out." A few random videos downloaded and viewed and I became the SNSD fan that is posting in this thread. (Minus the whole Taeyeon/Hara debacle I have.)

I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Seotregendetx

• .... a shy girl ..... so i`m told .....
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 05:32:39 AM »
I have forgotten. I used to never know kpop or anything Korean, until one day, my cousin went up to me and asked, "Do you understand this song?" and she gave me her earphones. The song was Kissing U. And to which I replied, "No." She asked again.
"But do you like it?"
"Yep."
"Thant music is KPOP!"
"Kpop?"
"Korean-Pop. Get it?"
"Yeah I do!"
So then on, I first loved Super Junior and SNSD. Then came U-Kiss and others. But until now SNSD is still on my faves! Even suju....

Look around, everywhere you turn is heartache, it's everywhere that you go.
-Vogue, Madonna
Gallery - visit
!

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 03:20:16 PM »
July 2007,  @6 am on MTV.  I kept seeing the "Into the New World"MV, while getting dressed for work.  Thinking damn, they're hot and the song is catchy.

Offline par9noid27

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 06:27:02 PM »
When I saw them on their Oh! MV.
After that, I just backtracked to all their previous works and loved them.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 12:00:16 PM »
EVERYONE knows my story coz I've said it so many times, but what is once more :P

After getting me hooked to Wonder Girls and their album, my Asian music guru came to me one day saying "Oh hey, check out this new girl group that I think has lots of potential, they're so great" (ironically he is totally MEH about them now lol) and forced me to watch the ITNW MV. Watched it a couple of times as he went through telling me a little about all the girls so I could learn their names etc. My opinion of them was "They're ok I guess" but I picked Jess & Sunny as my faves because they were the badass graffiti artists lol, I liked Sunny most coz she was cute and had a cool name. But that was it for SNSD at the time, my guru didn't get into them much more and the more I grew as a WG's fan, the more I saw SNSD as a rival group and become a bit of a hater. When Kissing You came out, I gave them another chance but the over the top cuteness drove me crazy (can I actually remember my reactions first time I saw that MV XD) and I can be very a much "SNSD and their stupid cutesy act is so disgusting, grow up!!!! So crap!"... I wasn't the type of hater who looked up info to bash them with, hell I didn't even know their names anymore :lol: *fast forward* WG & SNSD swap songs on Music Bank and WG perform Kissing You, well didn't I become a super fan of the song LOL! I was all pfffffft at SNSD's perf of Tell Me, but I saw hater comments on the youtube vid and thought it was way too extreme! I went back and listened to SNSD's Kissing You and was pretty impressed this time. WG were then guests on ChinChin radio and Sunmi is like the biggest SNSD fan, and has a mad crush on Taeyeon. Sunmi was too shy to talk and Taeyeon was a COMPLETE sweetheart to her, and BAM! I was hooked on Taeyeon. I started watching Taeyeon radio clips of her singing and dorking around with Sunny, BANG, Sunny fan! When Factory Girl started I have no idea what compelled me, but after seeing a screencap of all the make up/cosmetics on their dresser when I friend asked me if girl's really have that much crap, I decided to watch it out of curiosity. AND THAT is where my SNSD fandom began. I very quickly fell in love with Sooyoung & her personality, along with Sunny even more, and I was soooooo addicted to the show lmao... Decided I should give their music another listen, I remember telling KT I would and he said now was the time seeing they were on hiatus and all so catch up while I could, and the rest is history... I lurked this forum for a while till finally admitting to myself and posting the intro thread. Sadly O_slave had already noticed my lurking and was all "finally!" LOL.

So yeah...
Seems somethings don't change... Sunny was my fave when I first saw ITNW and almost 3 years later, she still is :D :heart:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 01:05:11 PM »
My story:
tama-chan linked their MVs in IRC. (ITNW and Girls' Generation) :lol:

...That's it. :D

Now I'm not a huge fan though, I think because there's too much stuff to watch and no easy way to get it (I mean other than perfs) and no easy way to decide what to even watch D: Too overwhelming for a casual fan...

But I like all the members :3
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 06:45:55 PM »
When Kissing You came out, I gave them another chance but the over the top cuteness drove me crazy (can I actually remember my reactions first time I saw that MV XD) and I can be very a much "SNSD and their stupid cutesy act is so disgusting, grow up!!!! So crap!"...

Were you an H!P fan at the time yet?  :lol:

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 06:52:07 PM »
^ Yes, shut up :P

I like to keep my Kpop & Jpop seperate... too much cutesy in my Kpop is not liked, I seriously contemplated dropping KARA when Pretty Girl came out... Anyway, I grew up, Kissing You is now like my 2nd fave SNSD song XD

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 07:16:48 PM »
^ Yes, shut up :P

I like to keep my Kpop & Jpop seperate... too much cutesy in my Kpop is not liked, I seriously contemplated dropping KARA when Pretty Girl came out... Anyway, I grew up, Kissing You is now like my 2nd fave SNSD song XD

I get you, even though Kissing You has some amazing songwriting and arrangement backing it I still raised an eyebrow at the lollipop dancing. Hell, that's even more childish than the freaking Ookina PV.  :lol: Actually, the only songs of SNSD's that I've liked right off the bat have been TMYW and Showx3. ITNW, Baby Baby, and Kissing You have since become favorites though and I worship the songwriting behind them.  :lol:
But yeah, the first time I saw SNSD's 2008 Asia Song Festival perf my reaction was "....wut that was it? What the hell those are the weakest melodic hooks ever Tsunku can write better than this in his sleep."  XD I didn't even see the beauty of ITNW's dance until I was hit with it over and over in GGTS(although in my defense the Asia Song Festival version had already truncated that awesome ending breakdown  :tama-mad: that would kickstart my appreciation for ITNW later)

Kara's Honey has been the only Kpop song imho that's gotten the cutesy melodic hook perfect as Jpop has done: addicting but not annoying so. The rest are pleasant songs but not immediately catchy or JAESUS FUCKING ANNOYING MAGIC GURL I SEE YOUUUUUUUUU  :angry:

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: T-ara - Falling U