JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nico Touches the Walls - Sono Taxi 160kmh

Author Topic: What kind of gamer are you?  (Read 7511 times)

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
What kind of gamer are you?
« on: January 03, 2009, 03:45:54 PM »

http://www.mygamemug.com/matchtest.php

What I got...

The Accidental Gamer
Deliberate Sociable Fun Learner (DSFL)
Well hello there! Based off your answers to the test, we think you are the Accidental Gamer, or what some people might call the "Casual Gamer". However, here at MyGameMug, we believe a "casual gamer" is a hard term to accurately describe. We think you don't really play online games that much or at all. You most likely 'accidentally' stumbled into online platform or PC gaming or recently started playing online and have developed some sort of curiosity.

Seeing how you've taken the time to complete this test, we will assume that you have experience in gaming, enjoy it, are level headed, and you are looking for people to play with. However, it is clear that you prefer to do other things to occupy your free time. Our recommendation is for you to play more video games online - who knows, you might 'accidentally' meet someone cool from MyGameMug if you do!

I would say this is me. I used to be heavy into games, but not nearly as much anymore. Most of the games I play now are just diversions I play on breaks from other things.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: What kind of gamer are you?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 04:32:36 PM »
The Game Guru
Deliberate Competitive Fun Veteran (DCFV)
Your knowledge of gaming knows no bounds, Game Guru. You are the person many gamers go to when they have questions and generally most of the time, you have the right answers for them. You are unlikely to tie yourself into just playing one game, as it limits your expertise and experience you may gain from play others. It seems you love to learn everything about games, - the characters, the secrets, the developer, etc. Perhaps you should start a blog if you haven't already.

You typically don't like to hang around too long within a game and therefore avoid the more socially demanding ones. Playing quick rounds or small sessions are more your cup of tea. Once you've had your fun, it's back to the magazines, gaming blogs, forums, and the like where you can share your vast knowledge of all things video games.

I'd say it describes me pretty well. I don't spend an awful lot of time playing a game in one session (which is why it takes forever for me to complete one) and have a number of games in rotation.

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 04:48:41 PM »
The Game Guru
Your knowledge of gaming knows no bounds, Game Guru. You are the person many gamers go to when they have questions and generally most of the time, you have the right answers for them. You are unlikely to tie yourself into just playing one game, as it limits your expertise and experience you may gain from play others. It seems you love to learn everything about games, - the characters, the secrets, the developer, etc. Perhaps you should start a blog if you haven't already.

You typically don't like to hang around too long within a game and therefore avoid the more socially demanding ones. Playing quick rounds or small sessions are more your cup of tea. Once you've had your fun, it's back to the magazines, gaming blogs, forums, and the like where you can share your vast knowledge of all things video games.

-

Yeah, sounds pretty much like me :lol: 'cept I don't have a blog yet, but I do talk about video games a lot with people. :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 05:38:03 PM by Saikami »
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 05:01:49 PM »
The Helping Hand

Deliberate Sociable Fun Veteran (DSFV)
Generous, helpful, kind...a few of many positive attributes people see in you, the Helping Hand. Nothing satisfies you more than helping your teammates or friends out in all the games that you play. You may even look to assist people in some cases if there is no one around asking for help. In fact, the enjoyment that you receive from helping people rivals that of solving a puzzle, winning a battle, or achieving a hard objective in a game.

Heavily social intensive games tend to be what you enjoy the most although you can probably find something to take pleasure in with most games. For instance, if you happen to find yourself in a competitive first person shooter, you'd probably take the support class. We recommend you stick to games (and crowds!) where people will appreciate you more; these include more casual gamers seeking fun and excitement from games rather than the serious competitive ones.

Sounds about right to me... then again I can be pretty damn competitive at times too. :P

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 05:14:47 PM »
The Social Butterfly

Reckless Sociable Fun Learner (RSFL)

Let's face it - if your friends didn't play video games, you probably wouldn't. To you, the Social Butterfly, gaming is about spending time with your friends - they want to do it, so you'll jump right in. But that doesn't make you a slacker - you're good at gaming and find it cool when you're bored. But, if something better comes along or you have to work, you easily move on.

You play the games your friends show you. Your buddy needs a partner to help kill a dragon? - Why not? They need one more teammate for an FPS match? - No problem. And after we're all done, we can all go out and have some real fun!

Sounds right, but I usually do choose my own games.

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 05:29:36 PM »
The Explorer
Reckless Sociable Serious Veteran (RSSV)

You are the Explorer, player of many games and master of none. You are a hardcore gamer, yet you play casually. Gaming is a hobby, but it is also a passion. Many won't understand all this, but you do, and you're happy with that. Like all adventurers, you always look for the next game to play through and talk about with people. You derive your pleasure from the experience of playing great games - the best seller and top rated sections always seem the most attractive.

While you tend to gravitate towards games that are more social in nature, you know well enough that even the most competitive games can also provide a social atmosphere given the right people - people like you. While you take a serious interest in gaming and play somewhat seriously, you are highly likely to have the most fun with those that play more for fun.

This is pretty much true, except I am totally master at some video games... unfortunately they are all the classics like old school Final Fantasy... and Tetris.  :lol:

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 05:53:16 PM »
The Helping Hand
Generous, helpful, kind...a few of many positive attributes people see in you, the Helping Hand. Nothing satisfies you more than helping your teammates or friends out in all the games that you play. You may even look to assist people in some cases if there is no one around asking for help. In fact, the enjoyment that you receive from helping people rivals that of solving a puzzle, winning a battle, or achieving a hard objective in a game.

Heavily social intensive games tend to be what you enjoy the most although you can probably find something to take pleasure in with most games. For instance, if you happen to find yourself in a competitive first person shooter, you'd probably take the support class. We recommend you stick to games (and crowds!) where people will appreciate you more; these include more casual gamers seeking fun and excitement from games rather than the serious competitive ones.

Hmm.. Doesn't sound like me at all.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2009, 05:55:51 PM »
The Average Joe

Deliberate Competitive Fun Learner (DCFL)
The Entertainment Software Association has this to say about the average gamer:

* The average game player is 33 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.
* The average game buyer is 40 years old.

We're going to go out on a limb and say you are very likely neither of these. So then, one might ask, who is the average gamer? Who is this mythical creature that no one can accurately describe? Here's our guess: someone like you.

So while you could care less about the evolution of video games and probably don't view games as anything more than pure entertainment, you do enjoy playing video games when you get the chance to. You love a few competitive short-session games and although you probably will occasionally shout at the screen, you'll probably stay silent on the mic to other players. Although you don't play too much, you are easy going enough to give most other types of gamers a try to play with.   

Yeah

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2009, 11:50:32 PM »
I'm the only one?  :(

The Cyberathlete
Deliberate Competitive Serious Veteran (DCSV)
Highly competitive with great reflexes, you are the Cyberathlete. Given the chance, you would not hesitate to play video games professionally. You enjoy the workout and becoming the best. Contenders like 'Fatal1ty' are among your most respected 'sports' players.

Perhaps someday you will achieve stardom in the growing pro-gaming leagues in the West. For now, we recommend that you move to Korea immediately so you can compete ... if you haven't already.

You play competitively on the PC, but given recent rises in online capabilities of gaming consoles, you may give console gaming a second thought. Your serious devotion to gaming, however, might alienate you from the rest of the world. Sure, players will look up to you as demi-gods, but your thirst for serious competition will occasionally limit your potential opposition. That's all right, though - you're the best and want to play the best.

That was totally wrong.
1. I don't like 'Fatal1ty'... or professional gamers in general for that matter (personal opinion), games are for fun not for a living. And he certainly ain't a sportsperson in my mind.
2. Last time I touched a PC was for the Call of Duty 4 demo. I've been console gaming since snes.
3. I most certainly don't want to only play against the best, cos I suck :P.  And I don't want ppl kicking my butt all day. :shakeit:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 12:31:33 AM »
The Helping Hand

Sounds right to me, except a hard objective is more enjoyable than helping people. But I like me some medic in TF2, but i gotta break out wiht a scout. But that fits for the most part. But im more willing to help mature players than that 13 year old who's balls havent dropped yet.

But damn I really hate catagories that totaly fit into the corporate world. When I saw that, it read corporate all over it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:35:26 AM by thatonezombie »
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2009, 12:45:43 AM »

The Game Guru

Pretty much a match, except for a few parts. :lol:

Offline BX_LeMans

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2009, 12:46:52 AM »
Ooookkkaaaaayyyyy..... :roll:

The Class Clown

Reckless Sociable Fun Veteran (RSFV)
Why is everyone taking games so seriously? They should lighten up -- it's your job to entertain and mix it up. Your philosophies: rules are made to be broken and games are your playground. The more the better - you're a crowd pleaser and enjoy all the attention to your antics!

You're an old hand at games - you know exactly what games are the best to showcase your talents. You love being creative, so games that let you cut loose and express yourself are winners. Tight games that restrict your movement, are too competitive, and have too many rules make you suffocated and grasping for air.

Your job in most games is clear: show everyone how to have fun and not take life too seriously. After all, it IS just a game right? Most people love you for your antics, some despise it, but screw them - they just don't know how to have fun. Class Clowns are highly sought after in guilds or clans, but watch out, add too many and your community will be a joke.
I'm not the signature, I'm just cleaning here.

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 12:55:28 AM »
The Class Clown
Reckless Sociable Fun Veteran (RSFV)
Why is everyone taking games so seriously? They should lighten up -- it's your job to entertain and mix it up. Your philosophies: rules are made to be broken and games are your playground. The more the better - you're a crowd pleaser and enjoy all the attention to your antics!

You're an old hand at games - you know exactly what games are the best to showcase your talents. You love being creative, so games that let you cut loose and express yourself are winners. Tight games that restrict your movement, are too competitive, and have too many rules make you suffocated and grasping for air.

Your job in most games is clear: show everyone how to have fun and not take life too seriously. After all, it IS just a game right? Most people love you for your antics, some despise it, but screw them - they just don't know how to have fun. Class Clowns are highly sought after in guilds or clans, but watch out, add too many and your community will be a joke.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2009, 01:57:14 AM »

The Terminator
Reckless Competitive Serious Veteran (RCSV)

You are the Terminator - you MUST win at any cost. You leave your friends in the dust. While others are out having fun, you're accomplishing those impossible missions. Discovering those secrets that take hours. You'll buy as many games as possible to become the best.

After you're done obliterating games as a single player, you take your domination to the online world. A sense of pleasure arises as you become the top scorer in every game you play - the more competitive it is, the better. If you happen to find people better than you, it doesn't faze you. Move on to beat everyone inferior first. Then go back and destroy your opponents with your new skills. No hurry. Especially when you enjoy stomping everyone who gets in your way.

Once you master every aspect of a game, the mission is complete. Time to move on to the next challenge. Old games will sit on your shelf collecting dust like trophies, reminders of your victories. Most games will appeal to you, across all genres. Teamwork annoys you, though, since it doesn't let you conquer all. But if your team is from Skynet as well, you'll have a blast.

-- Yeah. I don't know if I'd say I'm a Terminator. I play for the experience. So it kind of made me lol. But sure, I won't lose if I play against another human. And I wont play unless it's my game and I know I will win. It's a just a fact.
[/url]

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2009, 04:04:45 AM »

The Daredevil
Reckless Competitive Fun Veteran (RCFV)

When playing video games, you look for excitement and excitement only - any game that doesn't offer it, gets pushed to the side. You are the Daredevil and you play games for the thrill. You have probably been gaming for quite awhile and one thing you have learned is that the high that some games give you is unmatched elsewhere in life.

You prefer the more exciting competitive games, although playing with anyone who takes it too seriously will turn you off. You generally look for games that offer constant excitement, quick load times, and few preparations. Anything that slows you down is detrimental to the overall experience you seek to achieve.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline e_lo05

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 04:15:53 AM »
i got the average joe too. i think i agree with it.

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 04:56:15 AM »

The Daredevil
Reckless Competitive Fun Veteran (RCFV)
When playing video games, you look for excitement and excitement only - any game that doesn't offer it, gets pushed to the side. You are the Daredevil and you play games for the thrill. You have probably been gaming for quite awhile and one thing you have learned is that the high that some games give you is unmatched elsewhere in life.

You prefer the more exciting competitive games, although playing with anyone who takes it too seriously will turn you off. You generally look for games that offer constant excitement, quick load times, and few preparations. Anything that slows you down is detrimental to the overall experience you seek to achieve.

lol.... sounds like me and that's why I like to play quick games like Counter Strike
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 12:46:23 PM »

The Young Urban Gamer
Reckless Competitive Fun Learner (RCFL)
Rowdy, socially competitive, and fun - you are the Young Urban Gamer. You play games to relieve stress and to gain some quick excitement.

When you're not busy with work or school, you just want to have fun. For you, this can be achieved many ways, but video games are the easiest when you're really bored. While social in 'real life', you try to avoid spending *too* much time playing cooperative video games, especially when the alternative means blasting your friends or total strangers to death with some alien weapon.

You enjoy or will be interested in the genre of first-person shooters; they are easy to pick up and competitive enough for you to have fun. Just be sure it's a free-for-all since you're more of a loner and lose patience with teammates. You prefer to only learn a few games, since playing or learning too many will take too much time and you don't want to be a nerd. Fear not -- developers have taken notice to this popular segment and have designed terrific games specifically for you.

Wouldn't say this is completely right. Though I guess more so in the past few years. I'm not that social, and I like to play cooperatively more than competitively. I usually don't like free for all matches and my favorite mode would be team deathmatch. Also doesn't mention anything about the endless hours I spend playing RPG's.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 08:17:48 PM »
LOL
I got the Social Butterfly!
Which is meh, because I never played an online game in my entire life and I don't have rl friends that play videogames! I enjoy my games best when I'm all alone with no one watching or commenting xD

Offline limitbreaker02

• Quiet Lowkey Mofo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Lovey Dovey ~
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2009, 07:46:47 PM »
The Helping Hand

Medic/Support FTW!

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nico Touches the Walls - Sono Taxi 160kmh