JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Goto Maki - kimagure

Author Topic: (Group) Crayon Pop (크레용팝)  (Read 167582 times)

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Group) Crayon Pop (크레용팝)
« Reply #300 on: August 24, 2013, 07:09:43 AM »
Managed to find some tickets! Convinced my brother to go as well, he's a crayon pop fan too.
CRAYON POP HERE I COME! Hope to get some decent videos to share with you all :)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #301 on: August 24, 2013, 09:03:29 AM »
How can you get a video when everyone will be jumping up and down :lol: JK JK JK

Have a great time!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #302 on: August 24, 2013, 09:23:59 AM »
LOL I was honestly wondering about that
I was thinking what should I do video or jump along? OR BOTH?!

----
So they're up for #1 again this time on Music Core. I hope I can update this post with a victory video

Also in other news apparently they're going to release another version of BarBarBar. A bit disappointing to hear...but hopefully they come out with a new single after that. This is possibly a part of the MV for the new BarBarBar.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #303 on: August 24, 2013, 03:36:28 PM »
Great to hear, SB! Hope you have a great time :twothumbs

I'm actually really jealous. I'll kill you and steal your tickets... watch your back =P

Choa and Way get a chance to show off their singing chops after 11:00 and on. dayumm.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 05:42:40 PM by Forthisgift »

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2013, 02:44:33 PM »

The full Let's go! Dream Team II ep from KBS World, subbed of course.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #305 on: August 26, 2013, 11:13:18 AM »
So yea can't sleep atm so why not talk about my adventures to see Crayon Pop?

Just to get this out of the way, i'll talk about the convention real quick. It was quite lame XD. Panels did not interest me but being an audience member for  Danny From LA was quite fun :D

Onto Crayon Pop related stuff:
So Crayon Pop was scheduled to have a little fan meet and greet type of thing for Sunday at 3:30PM, but you had to have some sort of pass for it and it was given quite randomly. Well I was staying positive hoping I'd get oneso I left at 10:45AM and arrived at 1:00PM and got my little scratch card to see if I won a meet a greet and NOPE did not win one.

So now a little disappointed I was off wandering convention with pretty much nothing to do until the concert started. Decided to send out a tweet asking if anyone was willing to give away a Crayon Pop pass to see them up close but no replies...:(. Some time during the day, I find out that Crayon Pop had some trouble at the airport LAX so they couldn't make the fan greeting so it made me a little happier knowing I didn't miss a chance to see them up close. But for those that got the passes, it must have sucked, but I think they're getting compensated in some way. They said maybe a signed cd or something along those lines. Obviously not the same as meeting them. BUT Also hearing the news about them having scheduling issues got me a little worried about them not being able to make the concert...

So FINALLY 6:00PM ARRIVED OHH YEA GATES ARE OPEN! Show started close to 7:00PM and they mentioned Crayon Pop being there but when the artists were being brought onto the stage to show who's performing Crayon Pop was no where to be seen. UGGH ARE THEY GOING TO BE HERE? THEY BETTER BE!
So around midway through the concert I see them walking on stage in the dark. I nudge my bro to let him know they're up next! KYAAAAAAA GETTING EXCITED

First song up OBVIOUSLY BarBarBar...Video quality on all vids turned out shittier than expected ._. . Anyway, in this video please excuse my fanboying and failed attempt at the fanchant :P. Also the voice cracks please don't say anything about it LOL. Oh yea also the shakiness sorry about that, obviously excited

Super short talk segment because they dunno english. Gummi speaks a little english putting a smile on my face. So does Choa *_*. Ellin and Soyul talking the easy route speaking Korean, luckily it was basic enough for me to understand...well Soyul at least. Oh way speaks a little english too. They're so cute

Dancing queen. If I knew the fanchant for this I would have tried it but NOPE just stuck with the basic HO HU parts of the song.

So yea as they mentioned that was their last song...and I have to say that was some of the best 7ish minutes of my life. Worth the money? I'd say so; you never know when you'll get a chance to see them again :). Only wish I could have been closer, but the price was getting way too ridiculous.

Last couple vids Crayon pop at the end of the concert. I had to cut these into parts becuase people kept getting in the way -.-

Just a guess, but I think Choa might have spotted the crayon pop cosplayers XD or just some Crayon Pop fans jumping :)

Yep so that's it, fun seeing Crayon Pop live in person, my bro and I couldn't stop talking about Crayon Pop on the way home, pretty much just saying how awesome they are and shit like that haha. Hope they can come again with a mini concert or something XD. Unlikely but I can always hope for it right? But realistically hope if they do come to an event again I hope there's some more artists I'd like to see so I can be more willing to dish out money and see them up close.

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #306 on: August 27, 2013, 07:08:39 AM »
But for those that got the passes, it must have sucked, but I think they're getting compensated in some way.
this was me.  :angry:
i was joking with my gf while we were waiting to get into the con. like it'd be funny if i got Crayon Pop, ha. ha. then when it came time to reveal what i got, it was Crayon Pop.

(she got f(x) for her voucher, and she ended up giving it to a friend of our's) i was almost tempted to sell my voucher, because i didn't want to wait in line by myself, and plus, it was fucking hot. in the end, i just decided to go for it.

the lining up started around 2:45, for the 3:30 panel and i was around 10-20th person in line. i would have been at the front of the panel. 3:30 came around and nothing was happening. i figured since EXO was before Crayon Pop, that was straggling behind to wrap up. but then 3:45 hit, and a KCON Staff member came by and said it was canceled. and told us to leave ASAP so that Teen Top fans can line up for their panel.

i wasn't really pissed. except that i had to stand for an hour in the same spot in the hot weather.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #307 on: August 27, 2013, 08:24:51 AM »
^Aww man that sucks! There was a couple of times I waited near the line to see if anyone was giving up their Crayon Pop pass XD
I heard gummi and ellin got stuck at customs at the airport for like 5 hours or something

Btw did you go both days? I'm wondering if all the vouchers on the 2nd day were all the sorry ones @_@

KCON official pics of Crayon Pop and other artists if you're interested
http://www.flickr.com/photos/koreaboo/sets/72157635230676614/page3/

I ended up watching this entire thing @_@ usually I just skim through these things. Just bored I guess. Anyway some parts I liked in the vid:
Short tiny peek down ellin's shirt in the beginning :).
4:23, Ellin trying to talk to some chinese guy I'm assuming and is left hanging. Her response afterwards was cute
6:40 sends out a heart to their fans
7 minutes in, Way and Gummi tease the camera with their lollipop
8 minutes in, Choa starts showing off them gunz, Soyul out does her and it actually looks like she has some good muscle. Way checks what she has and it's nothing LOL
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 10:00:31 AM by storyboard »

Offline mrhomiec

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #308 on: August 28, 2013, 04:30:33 AM »
i didn't want to go Saturday, but looking back, i kinda wish i did.

one of my friends who went got the G-Dragon panel. and i woulda killed for that one.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #309 on: August 29, 2013, 04:40:49 AM »
New subbed vid by CKTalon
[English Sub] 130816 JTBC Entertainment Report

They also had a short segment on ABCNews

Offline srius

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #310 on: August 29, 2013, 08:13:05 AM »
so i just came across this thread and no nothing abt them, so any suggestions to get acquainted quickly?

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #311 on: August 29, 2013, 08:27:09 AM »
Well the first post got all the basic info on the girls and their social networking stuff :)
You can watch some subbed videos of Crayon Pop at KMDsubs channel on youtube and CKTalon on youtube has some stuff too.
http://fy-crayonpop.tumblr.com/ is a pretty good Crayon Pop tumblr for pics, info and what not.

Oh and Way and Choa are twins if hadn't noticed XD. To tell the difference between the two, one way is obviously the hair length; Way has the longer hair. shirenu pointed this one out, Choa has a mole on her face, Choa also confirmed it in a video. Also ChoA is the elder twin so Way must obey her unnie :P as seen in this pic where Choa is telling Way that she can't have a denim jacket too. lol jk who knows what's going on but to me that's what it looks like :lol:

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 08:41:55 AM by storyboard »

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #312 on: August 29, 2013, 10:41:52 AM »
so i just came across this thread and no nothing abt them, so any suggestions to get acquainted quickly?

http://jalhaseyo.tumblr.com/post/53853703919

It's a long read but it's a pretty good (and fast) way to learn about Crayon Pop.

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #313 on: August 29, 2013, 09:12:32 PM »
^Nice find!

Bora + Crayon Pop = THE BEST!

Broadcasted performance of Crayon Pop in LA! Someone had a Gomindo no (ellin's line) sign XD

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #314 on: August 30, 2013, 08:58:47 PM »
OMG!!! Crayon Pop won on Music BANK!!!

Gummi so cute when they announced the winner XD
MAN so amazing how they went from not being to perform on shows which forced them to perform on the streets to get their name out to winning first place. SO happy for them :D

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #315 on: August 30, 2013, 09:22:35 PM »
Was just talking about this wackiness earlier... I remember (and yeah it's all over this thread) about lamenting the lack of music show spots and wondering about the guerrilla shows not THAT long ago...

Yeah... we've come a long way, baby. Now here's hoping they can replicate this "viral" success again and again. :thumbup

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #316 on: August 30, 2013, 09:55:40 PM »
Yo, Gummi being all emotional about the win made me tear up for real. I love this group. They renewed my love for kpop in a big way since they starting doing their thing.

Crayon Pop on ABC News. Talkin' bout comparing Bar Bar Bar with Gangnam Style and how that bit of jumping in their choreography is called the "five cylinder engine dance." Yea, I didn't even know it was called that.

Rainbow's "A" is erotic. mmmm, hahah. This video is funny from beginning to end.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 10:06:56 PM by Forthisgift »

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #317 on: August 31, 2013, 04:50:02 AM »
CKTalon subbed their award speech! Plus backstage

I don't think I've ever been so happy to see a group win #1 on a music show XD.

Couple vids of them celebrating with their fans after MusicBank! Wish I could have been there T-T.

edit:
Their MV cover of itaewon freedom!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 06:33:33 AM by storyboard »

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #318 on: September 01, 2013, 02:37:50 PM »
Hmmm so that's what it's like to see yourself on t.v. when you're out getting food...

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #319 on: September 01, 2013, 11:57:11 PM »
^LOL they're so cute XD. Even some of the people in the bg couldn't help but smile at them.

They upped some new pics on their naver blog here's a few

See more at their blog
크레용팝 LA KCON 스냅샷~
크레용팝 LA KCON ~ (2)
130822 크레용팝 엠카운트다운 대기실

Fairly long interview with chrome's ceo, but it's a good read
http://tacklon.tumblr.com/post/60040993718/chrome-ceo-interview
cr. CKtalon

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:36:57 AM by storyboard »

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Goto Maki - kimagure