JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - ZERO BASE

Author Topic: (Band) SILENT SIREN  (Read 27293 times)

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
(Band) SILENT SIREN
« on: March 04, 2015, 02:04:12 AM »
Silent Siren

Official Site
| Blog | Facebook | Twitter

In Summer 2010 Suu and Hinanchu, both models for "CUTiE" magazine at that time, met in between shots and share their love for music. The band was formed when Hinanchu invited her friends Ainyan and Yana to met Suu. They performed their first live in October 2011 at the AGESTOCK2011 in TOKYO DOME CITY HALL event. Four months later, in February 2012, the band debuted under the indies label Brand-New Music with the mini-album Saisai, an acronym for Silent Siren.

After the release of a second mini-album in July 2012, and after their first tour ended that same month, Yana left the band; she was later replaced by Yukarun. Only a few months later, in November, the new line-up debuted under the major label Dreamusic with the single "Sweet Pop!". - Generasia

Members

Name: Yoshida Sumire (Suu)
Instruments: Vocal & Guitar
Birthday: December 28, 1992
Birthplace: Fukushima Prefecture, Japan
Height: 161cm
Blog | Twitter

Name: Umemura Hinako (Hinanchu)
Instrument: Drums
Birthday: March 13, 1991
Birthplace: Tokyo, Japan
Height: 163cm
Blog | Twitter | Instagram

Name: Yamauchi Aina (Ainyan)
Instrument: Bass
Birthday: July 3, 1988 (age 26)
Birthplace: Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
Height: 156cm

Name: Kurosaka Yukako (Yukarun)
Instrument: Keyboard
Birthday: June 6, 1989 (age 25)
Birthplace: Saitama Prefecture, Japan
Height: 151cm

Former Members

Ayana Sogawa (Yana) - Synthesizer (2010-2012)

Discography

Albums
[2013.04.10] Start→
[2014.02.12] 31 Wonderland
[2015.02.25] Silent Siren (サイレントサイレン)

Mini-Albums
[2012.02.08] Saisai (サイサイ) (indies)
[2012.07.04] Love Shiru (ラブシル) (indies)

Singles
[2012.11.14] Sweet Pop!
[2013.02.20] stella☆
[2013.08.14] Besan (ビーサン)
[2013.10.30] I × U
[2014.06.18] Lucky Girl (ラッキーガール)
[2014.08.13] BANG!BANG!BANG!
[2014.12.03] Koi Yuki (恋い雪; Snow in Love)
[2015.01.14] KAKUMEI

Digital Singles
[2012.10.12] want CHU♡
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 07:31:05 AM by iamcrazymike »

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
Re: (Band) Silent Siren
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 02:14:28 AM »
Latest MVs

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 05:43:50 PM »
Didn't even know they had a new video out recently!!!

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 06:03:53 PM »
The video is new I guess, but the song is actually from their first major album release (2013) and they just released their third major album about a month ago. It threw me off at first because I was like "why have heard this song before?".

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 06:27:42 PM »
Oh, I didn't know it I only have the recent album but I have a bunch on the way from a Yahoo auction :)

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d165552989

EDIT:

Got my stuff a while ago, 2 singles, the 2 independent mini-albums and 2 first albums (limited edition with DVD) and two girly fashion books that I have no use for but all in all that was a pretty good deal.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:14:56 PM by immergeil »

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 11:06:11 PM »
Just me talking to myself here but two of my fave girls talking here (about beer or something)

https://twitter.com/morishixsmilin/status/587205021051138049

:panic:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:12:01 PM by immergeil »

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 03:42:39 AM »
The video was made special for their Budokan live in January and shown on the screens.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 10:30:43 AM »
Here's what I guess is a preview from their upcoming live BD/DVD release . . .

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 08:55:32 AM »
Here's another one apparently . . .

Not really sure what Yukarun is doing in this one though . . .  :nervous

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 11:58:41 AM »
If that short clip confuses you, maybe you shouldn't get the DVD? She does that sort of thing all through the concert. I'm not sure how useful she is as a keyboard player but she's amazing at getting the crowd excited and being cute.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2015, 01:05:36 AM »
I wasn't confused, more so I was just jokingly questioning her "dance" skills exhibited in this clip.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 07:23:39 AM »
At this rate, if you're fine with 480p, you might not have to buy the DVD?

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 10:07:10 AM »
These are starting to feel like those movie trailers that give away the entire movie . . .

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 02:24:57 PM »
So a new music video just came out, if only there was a full version for it . . .

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 03:21:17 PM »
I just found out about this because I saw Aipon tweeting about it - https://twitter.com/negishiai/status/599177953633705984

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 07:14:20 AM »
A full version of the PV is out now.

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2015, 02:44:08 AM »
New Silent Siren music video is out and song is amazing!

Offline iamcrazymike

• "Crazy"
  • Member+
  • "Crazy" Mike was here!
    • iamcrazymike
    • iamcrazymike
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2015, 09:22:54 AM »
I need to check my personal Instagram more oftern, I just noticed Aina liked a post of mine 4 days ago :shocked . . .

Offline Rezar

• Medium
  • Member+
    • jpidoldeath
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 07:17:16 PM »
That new song really grown on me, Hinanchu's drummming is great.

Anyways heres some Hinanchu background info that I found interesting, I knew that there was something going on with Indonesia since it's in her twitter profile but apparently she lived there for many years as a kid also there is some info on instruments she can play - nice read if you are a fan.

Interview with Silent Siren’s Hinanchu (Umemura Hinako / Drums)→

Hinanchu, how did music begin for you? → “When I was young, I’d always be playing the violin. From when I was age 5 till 15, I’d practice and go for lessons each week for 10 years…no matter when I was living in Tokyo or when I was still in Hyogo Prefecture. Even when I moved to Indonesia, I’ll always be playing the violin.”

You were playing even when you were in Indonesia! → “That’s right. I had a teacher even in Indonesia…but in Indonesia, they didn’t teach with "do-re-mi-fa-so-la-si-do” (solfège, a pitch thing), and it was also a different environment as compared to Japan…but no matter what I couldn’t stop playing the violin. I hated it. My parents kept telling me play it, so I kept playing it till I was in 3rd year of middle school.“

When did you begin the drums? → "I thought I’d start a band when I was in year 1 or 2 of middle school, but then Indonesia happened so the band thing never got to happen. Then I thought I should first pick up an instrument. ‘Cause I was pretty bad at anything besides the violin, I decided to pick up the drums. I practiced drumming alone, and thought I’ll start a band when I manage to return to a high school in Japan. I got into a school which had a light-music club and started a band in my first-year of high school.”

I see…but why the drums? Was there a strong reason behind that? → “(During middle school period while in Indonesia) Right in front of my classroom was the music room, and during break times in the morning, you can always hear the sound of drums. It was by a junior who’s a year younger, and he was really good. I was a pretty shy kid but when I saw this junior on the drums, I thought, 'Wow, the drums could be this cool.’ At that point of time, I really liked BUMP OF CHICKEN (band), and then that junior told me, 'BUMP OF CHICKEN’s songs are really cool right’. Around 2 days after he said that, he could already play their song! I personally had always only played string instruments similar to the violin, and could only ever imagine the main melody on a guitar, but after that I could also imagine the melody after listening to the drums at the back! That part really touched me.”

That was something fresh wasn’t it. → “I guess it was because I’d always been playing the violin that now gave me an interest in percussion. From then on, I started to play the drums each day and learning from that junior on my own became a fun thing.”

What kind of band did you form in high school? → “I got into the light-music cub, and firstly I had to pick an instrument I wanted to play. From there, the members were chosen at random by seniors and that’s how we were formed. All of us were first years…girls that were all pretty stubborn I think. There was 4 of us, all girls.”

So it’s like that. How did you all go about playing the songs? → “In the start we mainly copied songs by GO!GO!7188 and Green Day. After some time, we completely stopped the activities of the light-music club and the band was dissolved. After that, the bassist and I started another new band with a female friend of hers.”

Another girl-band I see. → “Yeah. We were finally starting from the basics after entering the light-music club in high school but after some time, we weren’t able to have any more activities. I don’t really know what happened in the end, but after that we kept trying continue the band, to get members in the studio, trying to get something out of it. In the beginning, we did several covers of JUDY AND MARY, but between Summer ~ Autumn of year 2, the band simply dissolved on its own. Because of that, there was a period of a year which I never even touched the drums.”

Was that when you started your modeling work? → “That is right. I wanted to try modeling so I applied for it. Around the time where my third year in high school ended, I started modeling actively. And then I entered university and met Suu, thus starting another band.”

Did feelings of playing in a band ever disappear in between? → “No, I’ve always wanted to play in a band. Even in first or second year of middle school. If not I wouldn’t have gotten to meet and start a band with Suu. That’s why I think the 'power of meeting’ somebody is amazing.”
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 04:01:39 AM by Rezar »

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: SKE48 - ZERO BASE