JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sunny Hill - Marionette

Author Topic: The Avengers (2012)  (Read 28309 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
The Avengers (2012)
« on: August 22, 2009, 07:22:40 AM »

Paramount Pictures and Marvel Studios are scheduled to release the live-action film The Avengers. (May 4, 2012) Confirmed team members are Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk and Thor. The film's writer, Zak Penn (co-writer of The Incredible Hulk film), cited Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch's Ultimates version of the team as inspiration for the story. Iron Man director Jon Favreau is the executive producer, with Robert Downey, Jr. and Don Cheadle playing Iron Man and War Machine respectively. Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston will be reprising their roles as Thor and Loki as well. Samuel L. Jackson signed on to play Nick Fury as part of an unprecedented deal with Marvel Studios and Paramount Pictures for nine pictures, including The Avengers and its respective sequels. Scarlett Johansson playing the Iron Man 2 role of Black Widow in the film. Edward Norton, who played the Hulk in The Incredible Hulk, is contracted to return as the Hulk. Lou Ferrigno, who voiced Hulk in 2008's The Incredible Hulk stated that he would be involved in the film.

Might Jon Favreau Actually Get to Direct The Avengers?

This could actually be a dream come true. It all began back in January of 2008, when we ran a story about Jon Favreau saying he'd love to direct an Avengers movie. Since that story first hit, Favreau has mentioned his interest numerous times, and not only did Marvel actually announce The Avengers, but Iron Man went on to become a huge box office hit and success for everyone involved. We learned earlier this week that Marvel decided to push back The Avengers release date an entire year to May 4th, 2012. We obviously don't know the real reason, but Ain't It Cool News has a spy who claims to have the answers.

In addition to saying that The Avengers was delayed due to "financing issues," the spy claims that Marvel really wants Jon Favreau to eventually direct it. "Everybody here loves the guy and he wants to do it, but it would have been impossible for him to do before the date change given his Iron Man 2 commitments." Obviously we can't trust this report, but given Favreau has shown an interest in directing The Avengers plenty of times before, and also given that Marvel just pushed its release back to give enough time for Favreau to finish Iron Man 2 and move on to The Avengers, it all could work out perfectly in the end.

We know that Marvel announced Kenneth Branagh as the director of Thor and Joe Johnston as the director of The First Avenger: Captain America. But besides directors like Christopher Nolan and Zack Snyder (who are both involved with Warner Brothers / DC Comics), I can't think of any other directors that I'd actually trust with complete control over a movie as epic as The Avengers. Funny enough, I actually said in that very first article about Favreau, before I had even seen Iron Man at all, that, "if Iron Man turns out as good as I'm expecting, then having Favreau direct the Avengers movie couldn't be a better decision."

In essence, what I'm saying is that out of all the possible directors, Jon Favreau is certainly my top choice for The Avengers. The way he handled Iron Man was enough proof for me that he can handle a film as big as it will be. I just hope Marvel is smart enough to recognize that as well, because they do not want to screw this up.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/03/13/might-jon-favreau-actually-get-to-direct-the-avengers/

Comic-Con: Marvel's Kevin Feige Reveals Avengers Line-Up

As almost everyone knows, Marvel stopped by Comic-Con yesterday to premiere the first footage from Iron Man 2 (which we didn't get to see). Marvel's Kevin Feige talked with press afterwards (via Collider) and one of the questions he was asked was whether or not they had worked out the line-up for The Avengers movie yet. Apparently they have, even though "Zack Penn is outlining it as we speak." So who's in it? I think we already know exactly who to expect. "It's going to be Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Nick Fury." But that's not all - there's a few more other members who might show up in the movie as well.

"I think it's safe to assume that there will be some members of the Hulk universe in the film as well. In terms of the additional, I think Black Widow for sure. SHIELD's organization for sure. And, again, what's exciting to me about the Avengers movie are seeing those four characters together and interacting with each other. Anywhere from the first issue of the Avengers to Civil War, the dynamic between Steve Rogers and Tony Stark is awesome and fascinating. It brings out sides of the others that won't be brought out in their own franchises. Throwing Thor into the mix is a whole other thing and I think that will be cool. So to pile in another ten or fifteen… or frankly even four… I think will be too many."

This isn't very surprising to hear, as he pretty much just named off all the superheroes who have their own solo movies coming up in the next few years. What is a bit interesting is that we're not going to see other heroes like Ant-Man or The Wasp involved. It sounds like they're going to stick with the big four that by then the entire world will be familiar with: Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Nick Fury. And you know what, I'm perfectly fine with that. I think Feige is dead on with this one - too many superheroes might be problematic. And at least for this one, they should just stick with those four guys for now.
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/07/26/comic-con-marvels-kevin-feige-reveals-avengers-line-up/

So Ed Norton Might Appear as Hulk in Avengers After All?

We've been running a lot of speculative articles recently, and we have yet another for you today. In this one, though, I think I'm reading between the lines a little too much. IGN caught up with Edward Norton at the Television Critics Association press event and asked him the inevitable question about the Hulk appearing in Marvel's Avengers movie. This time, though, his answer was a bit different than anything we've heard before. "I probably won't comment on that, just because they [Marvel] keep a pretty tight reign on what they are letting out. I'll let them say," he replied. Is there hope that he's in it and wants to let them announce it?

Or is he just saying that he wants to let Marvel announce themselves that there's no Hulk in Avengers? I'm personally hoping it's the former. In Kevin Feige's most recent interview from from Comic-Con, he talks about the line-up for The Avengers, and mentions "there will be some members of the Hulk universe in the film as well." Of course, we can turn to any number of past articles where Hulk is brought up, like this one where Mark Fergus talks about having Hulk, or this one where Favreau lets slip that Hulk is in the line-up, or this one where Louis Leterrier talks about the end of Hulk being open for continuations of the character.

Of course, I could just be reading between the lines too much, and I'm probably doing that just because I really want to see Edward Norton back as Hulk in The Avengers. The reason why this is such big news and always a shock to hear is because, I believe, Norton kept saying he wasn't sure if he'd return (after doing The Incredible Hulk) and that there were other issues with bringing Hulk into the Marvel Studio's Universe. But who knows what's really going on behind closed doors? We'll find out the truth soon enough. But in the meantime, should we start getting excited about seeing Hulk in Avengers after all?
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/08/03/so-ed-norton-might-appear-as-hulk-in-avengers-after-all/

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: The Avengers (2012)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 08:41:39 PM »
Jon Favreau Confirms He Will Not Be Directing The Avengers

We've heard off and on for a few years now, right from Jon Favreau himself, that he's been interested in actually directing Marvel's The Avengers movie, due out sometime in 2012 (if all goes as planned). Our most recent update was back in March, with an anonymous scoop on AICN claiming that Marvel really wants Favreau to direct but isn't sure there is enough time for him to do it after Iron Man 2 (but that was before they pushed Avengers to 2012). MTV recently caught up with Favreau and got an update from him about The Avengers. Unfortunately, he's not going to direct it, but that might not be a bad thing after all.

"They'll have to [find a different director], because I'm not going to be available," he explained. "It's something I'm being the executive producer on, so I'll definitely have input and a say."

He's not going to be available because he's going to be off directing Robert Downey Jr. in Cowboys & Aliens after he finishes Iron Man 2. And I have a feeling that'll be keeping him occupied until 2011, which is when The Avengers would ideally need to start shooting (if they want to make that 2012 release). However, let's look at this optimistically. We all love Favreau because he kicked so much ass with Iron Man, but he's not the only director who could do a good job with The Avengers. And with him out, that opens up the doors to so many other great possibilities, some of them pipe dreams (Christopher Nolan), some of them realities.

"That's why it's good that you have the guys from Marvel like Kevin Feige, who knows the books well and has been involved with the making of all the movies, and he'll be very involved with 'Thor' and 'Cap,'" said Favreau. "You need somebody who has the perspective of all the different franchises to bring them together. I have the myopic vision of just knowing and loving Iron Man."

I really admire that Favreau admits that he's not the right guy because he's only familiar with Iron Man and not familiar enough with the rest of the characters in The Avengers line-up: Thor, Captain America, maybe even Hulk. But, he'll be sad to let his baby go when the time comes. "It's going to be hard, because I was so involved in creating the world of Iron Man and Iron Man is very much a tech-based hero, and then with Avengers you're going to be introducing some supernatural aspects because of Thor." And that's going to be a very interesting challenge. For right now I'm just curious to see how Kenneth Branagh will tackle the Thor movie on its own. If he does a good job, I don't think it'll be as big of a challenge mixing the two later.

Before Favreau finished, he also talked a bit about the crossovers and how they're going to work (without revealing anything). Marvel is worried the cameos will leak out early, but they're trying to work them in.

"We want to reinforce a lot of the stuff we started to tip off," Favreau told MTV News. "'The Avengers' is a much larger concern for Marvel and Kevin Feige, who runs Marvel. They're going to be doing 'Thor' and 'Captain America,' and the way we might start to tease those things in this movie, some of it is stuff that we've discussed [and] some of the stuff you do last-minute as you figure out how that stuff is coming together."

There's a lot that Marvel has to think about as the studio that connects all of these projects together, but so far it's worked out great and fans have been pleased. "It's an evolving, amorphous thing," Favreau said. "If we decide and commit too early, the secret always gets out." I, for one, don't like being spoiled early and I hope that any cameos or hidden crossovers don't get revealed before Iron Man 2's release. Getting back to The Avengers, though, as I said earlier, with Favreau out, that means there's some other great director being talked to about directing The Avengers right now. Who could it be? Will they find the perfect director?
http://www.firstshowing.net/2009/10/14/jon-favreau-confirms-he-will-not-be-directing-the-avengers/

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 05:30:29 AM »
Official Site

The trailer's been leaked but got removed from Youtube. :lol:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 06:06:55 AM »
not really, just search avengers trailer and you'll find pages of 'em. internets. :nervous

Offline hanamuke

• ecchi
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 06:29:32 AM »
Is that Jeremy Renner they've got playing my Clint?

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 05:49:34 PM »

Offline calcium

• Walk the walk
  • ecchi
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 11:23:21 AM »
And, who's the guy with Arrow?

Offline zont

• ワキだいすき!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ♥♥♥ waki ♥♥♥
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 09:27:12 PM »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 01:19:24 AM »
on the set! DAT ASS!!

I guess they CGI muscles later :P

lol Thor

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 05:38:44 PM »
First Full Trailer for Marvel's 'The Avengers' Directed by Joss Whedon: http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/first-full-trailer-for-marvels-the-avengers-directed-by-joss-whedon/

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 08:17:50 PM »
Oh that looks awesome. Liking how the Hulk looks too.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 08:40:54 PM »
I can't WAIT to see Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk *o*;;;

.... my random obsessions aside, this is looking sweeeeet. And the soundtrack choice for the trailer?! Perfect! I'm so hyped. IS IT MAY YET? :|

Offline Erusa

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 03:54:00 AM »
My god, I can't wait for it to come out. A bit disappointed it's not Norton for the Hulk but I like Mark Ruffalo. =]

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 07:10:14 AM »
I'm loving everything about this movie.
Two things that stand out;  Scarlett Johansson  w/red hair and Joss Wedon directing!!
Life is one time.

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 08:11:35 PM »
Loving what I've seen so far :D  I'm especially looking forward to seeing what they do with Thor and the Hulk considering that those 2 should have power far outweighing guys like Cap America and Iron Man.

I'm curious about Hawkeye though.  I never read many comics as a kid and don't know anything about him.  Plus, I haven't seen him so far in any of the other comic book films (unless he's in the Cap America film, cause thats the only one I haven't seen).  I'm hoping that I haven't missed much too important from that film since I probably wont see it before I see the Avengers.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 08:14:08 AM »
Hawkeye only did a cameo for a few seconds in Thor, and it was insignificant. So you didn't miss anything. :peace:

Offline Zorr

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 10:40:37 PM »
Hawkeye only did a cameo for a few seconds in Thor, and it was insignificant. So you didn't miss anything. :peace:
Well now I feel like an idiot cause I only watched Thor 2 weeks ago :lol:  So yeah, I googled it cause I just couldn't figure out where he was in the film XD  I'm glad you told me he was in Thor cause I don't think I'd have figured it out myself.  Don't know why but when I saw the answer, I was sure that was a different guy to the one in the Avengers trailer (though obviously it isn't and I'm just remembering it wrong)

I will admit though, I do remember thinking that his character was kinda cool :)  For some reason I liked the fact that he went with the compound bow instead of a gun.  And I also liked that he didn't want to shoot Thor and that he seemed to respect him.  I thought he seemed like a cool kinda guy.  I hope his character is like that in the Avengers film.

Offline bsavvy

• ecchi
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 04:04:51 AM »
There are no words for how excited I am for this! I've loved every Marvel movie so far, and this is shaping up to be the culmination of all that awesome. The only disappointing thing so far is Norton not being Banner, but I'm sure Ruffalo can do a good job. With this and DKR, 2012 is gonna be a win year.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2012, 06:26:45 AM »
Superbowl Commercial:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2012, 08:41:26 AM »
FUCK YEAH

Dude: "We have an army."

Tony Starks: "WE have a Hulk."