JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Arashi - Silver Ring

Author Topic: The Tokyo Idol Festival 2015 Thread  (Read 49895 times)

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
Re: The Tokyo Idol Festival 2015 Thread
« Reply #240 on: August 16, 2015, 05:20:07 PM »
If you want to get in contact with idols during TIF without paying for it, just go to Market Square. Met a lot there either distributing flyers or selling stuff personally. If your fan of Arc Jewel Girls, like me, this is the perfect place. There were lots of others, but no one I care much about.
I only walked by 2 members of Predia outside. Otherwise the idols there were unknown to me.

Chu-Z have too many different styles in my opinion. I love their sound in Bombastic/Brand Boy, but like you I am disappointed with Tell me why. At least it gave them a high position in Oricon.
PASSPO's graduations didn't bother me by the members involved, but that the one of Sacotee happened so fast after Makochan's and was rather unexpected. I am curious if it will just be a hiatus.
If you define your Passpo fandom by prefering Nachu, you will have a hard time. I get that. Her behaviour is difficult, especially when compared to Morishi or Yukki. As I am not Nachu's major fan, I can live with it and even had some fun with her, as this time she was the member I had the most direct interaction with.

Favourite Idol: Yanagisawa Ayano
Favourite Groups: PASSPO & Party Rockets GT

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #241 on: August 17, 2015, 04:33:59 AM »
Seems the Ladybaby girls couldn't stop themselves.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #242 on: August 17, 2015, 02:14:41 PM »
ah okay, I get now what you meant. from the groups I like the only one that experienced a more devastating effect by members losses recently is Afilia Saga. no wonder why they`ve fallen a lot in my interests too.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #244 on: September 17, 2015, 04:17:31 PM »
next tuesday and wednesday (holiday in Japan), in Yamanashi-ken (close to the famous Mt. Fuji), the producers behind the Twinbox live house (at Akihabara) will be realizing a new big idol festival. called Twinbox Fujisan 2015, it will feature 147 groups (they may announce more in these next few days)! just a few less than TIF (154) this year. and a serious competitor arises.  :D

I hope this turns out a success and they realize another one next year. if so, I`m definitely going to this one instead of TIF in 2016. just look how awesome the line-up of this festival is and you`ll understand my reasons.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 04:28:38 PM by tsutomo »

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #245 on: September 17, 2015, 04:38:07 PM »
Sounds great and all. I like it being NOT in the summer. Though chances for rain are high.
But don't praise it before you are there. Organisation needs to be good as well. Any idea how the festival will be handled? Indoors/Outdoors? How many stages? How to get there? ...

But a look at the line up doesn't show a lot of "popular" groups. Hmm... :huhuh

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #246 on: September 17, 2015, 05:39:01 PM »
I didn't see a link so here it is.

http://tb-fujisan.com/2015/

Looks like a pretty promising lineup for people who like more underground/indies groups.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #247 on: September 17, 2015, 11:23:00 PM »
it is completely outdoors, so yeah rains can cause some trouble there. for now it`s not going to rain, according to the weather reports I saw yesterday. it will happen in a famous park area almost on the foot of Mt. Fuji, with a very nice view of the mountain and lake surrounding it. there is a big amphitheater there and I expect them to build at least half dozen smaller stages... let`s wait for the timetable and further reports.

they`ll have Up Up, Idol College and Kamen Joshi, so it`s not like they don`t have any famous there, though the focus is clearly on the underground side. which I find great and think TIF should do the same, instead of calling HKT, Silent Siren and the likes.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #248 on: September 18, 2015, 06:57:43 AM »
Timetable for TwinBox Fujisan is now out:

Although they will only post buppan timetable tomorrow....

I'm gonna go through it and mark what I'm going to... looks like my fave groups have a couple slots a day, which is nice :)

The only thing about this festival is it's a long way to get to, lol.

Oh, and a few of the "i'd like to check them out at a festival" groups will be at Idol Koushien on the 22nd instead.

Chihiro

Offline wattstax

• Member+
    • wattstax17
« Reply #249 on: September 18, 2015, 08:30:05 AM »
On the contrary TIF should focus on more established acts in my opinion. I am not interested in the big names but I acknoledge their importance for such an event. TIF has a lot of unknown groups, but I fail to see the value in most of them as well as the decision criterias, that added them to the line-up.
This Twinbox Fujisan Fes can then be seen complementary to TIF, with its  focus on underground groups.
In my case there are at least some groups I know and like and experiencing unknown groups isn't that bad of an activity. So this could lead to new groups to follow, hence more money to spend. Danger!
It is a bit of a pity to only see 5 stages and therefore very short sets of the individual groups. Even Main Stage performances aren't that long. But as it is two days, it should be fine.

That Koushien doesn't look to bad. No doubt I would choose that over Fujisan.

We should open a 'Festival of all kind' thread here.

Offline mixedmedia

• Member+
« Reply #250 on: September 18, 2015, 05:49:39 PM »
We could subtitle it the "DDD (DD Dilemma) thread" or aomething? Idol Koushiens happen pretty often too so it might be nice to let ppl know about all the events other than TIF and @JAM EXPO.

Problem I have with most big events is that a bunch of groups I want to see will be all scheduled at the same time and other times there will be no one I want to see.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Arashi - Silver Ring