JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Goto Maki - Te wo Nigitte Arukitai

Author Topic: Family's opinions on H!P?  (Read 22195 times)

Loser87

Re: Family's opinions on H!P?
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2007, 01:53:09 AM »
My sister says I'm a dork but other than that she doesn't care
My dad doesn't really care or have any interest in what music I like
My mom says "They too young to be singers.."
She doesn't like the fact I listen to Japanese music but she doesn't mind really
So my family don't care what I listen to lol.

Offline TydusArandor

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2007, 04:31:24 AM »
In short, no one in my family cares. But then again, I only live with two family members (mom and grandma). Of course I don't go around watching the SOME BOYS! TOUCH PV or stuff like Yubi when my mom is around <_<. She just kind of knows the name "Morning Musume" because I have to borrow her credit card to buy their stuff online. Just a couple of days ago, she just went "oh, Morning Musume was on the radio", but that's pretty much it.

Offline jaasai

« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2007, 06:25:05 AM »
My mom is hilarious. My mom knows all my interest and doesn't mind them but at one point in my life when I told her I had a small crush on this female Chinese singer, whenever the girl would appear on television, she would scream at me like there was no tomorrow about it. Sometimes I think my mom is more into my interests then I am. Thankfully I don't get Japanese television, otherwise I would never hear the end of it considering how often someone from H!P is on television. Makes me sad that I missed mother day two weekends ago.

As for my brother, I think I pissed off his girlfriend when I showed him the "sexy boy" mv. I said the girls in it were cute as fuck and his girlfriend gave this pained look when he got excited about it. I guess I shouldn't have laughed at her.

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2007, 08:07:11 AM »
They don't really know about H!P. My sister knows I get and have all this Asian stuff, but that's it... They're kinda used to my 'strange' tastes.

My mother would probably tease me endlessly, and that's why I like living on my own now. :D

Offline chibilolli

• Uh Wha?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gaki Gay Lord
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2007, 05:21:41 PM »
The only person in my family who knows anything about H!P is my Nephew. I showed him a lot of video clips and dragged him in the H!P shop twice when I took him to Japan. He's now in love with Airi and Tsuji and whenever he comes over to my house I have to show him new videos or put a concert DVD on. He's the only one who knows of my photo collection though. When were singing H!P songs (badly) or reminiscing about clips we've watched my sister is always like WTF!  XD

Everyone else in my family knows that I listen to Jpop but not which groups etc. My dad had to listen to Koharu's album really loud before whilst myself, him and my nephew played bowling on my Wii. He didn't seem to mind too much and was trying to figure out why he recognised Balalaika! I recently put my Morning Musume calander on my wall and was expecting to get some sort of comment about it like - why do you have a calander of just girls on your wall - but my mum saw it and said "Oh, look. What pretty girls". This actually really surprised me.

No one knows about my PB's though, and they never will!!!

Offline Phaedra

« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2007, 03:55:37 AM »
Sister thinks everything Japan involving girls is, and I quote: "Oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Wife accepts my guilty pleasures but no posters or PB:s outside my home office.
Daughters looove Mini Moni.
Cat haven't chewed on anything yet so I'll count that as support.

Offline BX_LeMans

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2007, 10:19:54 AM »
My family knows, my Mom and Sis watch the concert-DVDs, but thats all. My Sis listens more to metal-bands like Nightwish or Rammstein(shesELEVEN, I don't relly get, why she likes music like Rammstein) - She has now all my album-cd's, I only was "allowed" to copy them for me :lol:

From friends comes mostly stupid jokes. But they mostly listen to techno or hiphop. "Who's in the glasshouse, shouldn't throw stones!" :angry:
I'm not the signature, I'm just cleaning here.

Offline Twisted Blue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2007, 11:27:59 AM »
Neva was able to infect someone around me with the H!P virus!?  - Means more H!P for me!  :lol: :w00t:

Offline marktobias

• TOISU!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2007, 02:04:05 PM »
Nobody in my family really knows the extent of my Japan love. I don't really advertise it :)

Offline Storm121693

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2007, 02:17:06 AM »
my family don't really care about h!p. They heard the songs since I opened youtube or something but they don't seem to be into jpop music. Most of the time though I sing h!p songs and they hear me instead. I keep my parent up-to-date about h!p even though they don't care I make them listen to me talk about it anyways. hehe! :D

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2008, 06:55:50 AM »
i only recently try to introduce H!P to my family, after reading about other fans trying to experiment on their family and friends. 
I wouldn't exactly said i did alot.  almost like next to nothing.  first thing is i try, or make them do the MoMusu Rankings on americanwota.com.  All it did for them is to see which one they think is the prettiest, but i gotta say that it doesn't exactly have their best pictures to show their beauty.
it's not much and i'm sad to say that i failed.   but i'm not quitting. 
 i actually did this on 3 of my sis, one of her friend and my aunt.  also, everyday i tell them and try to talk to them about H!P, like how i felt about the members and what's going on and why i'm excited or sad.  Recently, whatever they been watching on tv, i always think of something H!P-related to talk about. But whenever i do, they don't care and feel that i'm annoying, which i am.  Funny thing is with my parents, once i was watching a OPV of my fav members and they saw it, i told them that she's my fav and show them the vids as well as pics, and said that it's their "future daughter-in-law"  *haha*.   They stared at her for a long time.  but didn't say much.  They always teases me about my fascination to Japan and about how i'm gonna marry a japanese someday. 

Offline orac

• SNSD Jessica for life
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2008, 05:48:02 PM »
My mother, father and brother all pretty much say the same thing:

Why do you watch those school girls? and when watching the concerts, they even refer to Nakazawa as a school girl, >.>, so, I just listen to the CDs, they pretty much just ignore now.

Offline niigaki_risa

• Cho Kawaii Ne~
  • Member+
  • Risa rox!
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2008, 03:43:49 AM »
My parents are okay about me liking H!P. Most of the time for my birthday or something like that, my dad somehow knows which CD I want to get, and he gets it off of YesAsia, and then surprises me with it.    :D He actually has the instrumental of Kanashimi Twilight on his Blackberry! Well, he uploaded it. :P

My mom really likes the fact that Niigaki is learning Korean. I showed her the Opappi~! clip nd she said that she has good Korean, and she's cute. <3

My friends' opinions: I'm the wierd J-pop girl that's obsessed with Niigaki Risa. XD I did get two of my friends into listening/dancing to it...  :muffin:
Morning Musume Fairy Tales!
Member of the M.A.Y.U.G.E choir~ <3

Offline chokkan 2

• ecchi
  • Leader ~~~~~~
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2008, 05:00:32 AM »
My father told me to marry one of H!P member .......

hey Yuko ~ this is your last chance to get married  XD

wait ....

actually ...... I prefer someone younger.... LOL

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2008, 02:03:31 PM »
My parents hardly ever comment on the stuff I watch/listen to. LOL

My mom has commented on their concert outfits a few times, she really likes them :lol: The glittery big dresses and stuff. Those times I think that yeah, it's actually pretty cool that H!P girls have these unique "crazy" concert outfits instead of just wearing jeans or sth. Even if some outfits are a bit... too much  out there :D And I thought it was so cute when my mom once sort of sadly said about some H!P girl that "they don't sell clothes like that here". Aww mom <3
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Lu Lu Lu

• Member+
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2008, 06:15:45 PM »
Everyone thinks I'm weird. They say "How can you like music if you don't know what they are saying?". I one time played a few songs in the car with my mom, the only ones I can remember are Genki+, Gaki Taishou, Very Beauty & Tokaikko Junjou. She didn't like any of them (I think) & she was laughing at & imitating Momoko's voice, lol. I also write down the kanji for everyone's name (...just in case I get bored & want to doodle XD) & everyone is like "omg you can write in Chinese! You're weird." I have a few pictures of them in my room & my mom said they are pretty, but that's it.

So no one really cares. I have gotten like 3 people to like H!P though (internet friends, though haha). I wish I knew someone in real life that liked it though  :cry:

Set by Keshi at AHS ^^

Offline Nettaigyo

• Crazy Bugslut
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2008, 06:24:22 PM »
Haha, I got my mom in H!P, actually. She especially likes watching Momusu on Utaban.

Also got my little brother into Jpop. He likes Otsuka Ai best, but he absolutely loves singing along to "Minihamuzu Ai no Uta." He thinks Mika's one of the greatest things since sliced bread.

My dad occasionally asks if I still like "that Japanese music" and I say yes and then he shuts up.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2008, 09:19:17 PM »
I got my older sister to watch a perf clip of MoMusu's Iroppoi Jirettai on Utaban.  she commented that they must be pretty good dancer in order to dance in high heels like that.  She also likes Takahashi Ai the most since she said she looked beautiful.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2008, 09:57:52 PM »
they all hate it, but you know what? I don't really care. They think I'll never meet them and I'm a perv and I don't know what they're saying. :cry:

They also don't realize is that their music and their cheerfulness is trying to help me out of my depression

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2008, 10:48:41 PM »
I'm not sure what my parents think about it. I ocasionally get some H!P related stuff in the mail, but they don't seem to have an opinion of it. I never play h!p music loud when someone's at home. I'm gradually losing interest in h!p anyway, so it's not a big deal.

My parents do know about my Ai Otsuka fandom. Big poster on my wall here and everytime something Ai related comes in the mail, my dad goes 'ow.. that girl again'.. that's it  :lol:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 10:52:02 PM by BarrieV »

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Goto Maki - Te wo Nigitte Arukitai