JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Goto Maki - San tou ma mi

Author Topic: Family's opinions on H!P?  (Read 22202 times)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Family's opinions on H!P?
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2008, 11:27:22 PM »
I'm gradually losing interest in h!p anyway, so it's not a big deal.

Ouch, That hurt  :depressed:.....  but to each his, oh well....  :hee:

Offline zlchn

• Nacchi is HAWT
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2008, 08:25:17 PM »
My wife hates H!P. She likes Tami Okuda and Puffy Ami Yumi. I like them also. My daughter likfe Mari Yaguchi and Mini Moni are her favorites.

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2008, 03:43:08 AM »
My mom could care less. She just hates it when I talk about them like I know them!  :P

My dad thinks I'm crazy obsessed (which I am)!

Most of my friends don't know about H!P and I don't talk about it with them to avoid weirdness. I don't think any of them care too much about Jpop anyway.

But I have one friend who I'm in the process of converting!!! YAY! 8)

Offline chibilolli

• Uh Wha?
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Gaki Gay Lord
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2008, 08:03:15 PM »
Update.

My family still don't know much about H!P. Actually my nephew is still the only person in my family that knows anything about them. My mum comments on my Morning Musume calender though. Everytime she comes in to my room she says 'they're such beautiful girls' LOL

I know this is family but I tried to get one of my friends in to H!P but he didn't like the Morning Curry concert. I'm gonna start working on somebody else who is a huge music fan, and is willing to listen to lots of different stuff. I showed him the Special Generation PV and he liked it so I've bought him the new Risako PB in the hope to convert him :lol:

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2008, 09:42:42 PM »
I just let my aunt, which is just a couple of years older than me, borrow the The Morning Musume: All Singles Complete Zen 35 Kyoku ~10th Anniversary~ DVD.  She like to give things a chance before actually judging them w/o having an encounter.  I don't know if she'll like it or not, but at least she's willing to give them a chance.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2008, 12:45:17 PM »
I've been into japanese anime/games/music/tv/girls/guys/dorama/movies/food/history/technology/life since i was a kid. And following JPOP stuff since Noriko Sakai, so it isn't exactly a suprise with my family that I'm a crazy JPOP fan.

Basically my mum just tells me not to spend so much money on stuff (wise). And we basically each do our own stuff.
Well, except for each year's red/white show. She still has that chinese/japanese hatred thing going on, but she still supports good singing! :) ...and so I have the 'marry a japanese girl and cut family relations thing' going on too. :lol:
My sisters are way too into western culture, and I've given up in breaking such solid fortifications.

Been raining my cousin with JPOP/H!P clips/music for years, since he's near my age. Don't think he can get through a whole concert vid without chucking a fit though. :banghead:
But he can recognize Suzuki Airi from 2 seconds of starting any Cute clip. Which makes me filled with pride, yet also freaks me out. :roll:
(I do my best to remind him that she's still 13, and weird guys like him would get arrested just for getting anywhere near her :yep:)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2008, 02:28:24 PM »
My parents said that too.  Since i was a kid, i've been loving japanese things.  video games, anime, manga, electronics, automobiles, etc.
then come j-pop and morning musume and H!P

so they think it's naturally for me to love anything and anyone japanese.

to be honest, i wouldn't mind....  :wub:

Offline burnt glitter

• peace, peace! <3
  • ecchi
  • walk over the rainbow~♫
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2008, 07:39:29 AM »
No one in my family knows about H!P. I've kinda kept it to myself ^^; I tried introducing it to a friend who's into other Japanese things through watching some subtitled UTABAN's with her, but I was loling at different things and she didn't seem too interested... It's pretty much just me. I don't think my parents would have any beef with it, though. They basically just let me do whatever~

♥reina♥reina♥reina♥

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #88 on: March 12, 2008, 05:25:17 PM »
My family just knows that I listen to japanese music and that's it. What's really funny though is that I was first introduced to MM by my best friend. She just thought they were really cute and funny and showed me a couple PVs (Happy Summer Wedding and Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari) and I was really instantly interested in them. But for the longest time I didn't even know they were a part of a larger group, Hello! Project. Slowly I started learning more and discovering that I was completely addicted to all of Hello! Project (though I've never been really that interested in the H!P Kids, they're not my thing). And now whenever I try to talk to my best friend about H!P, she isn't interested at all. She got bored of them a long time ago. Haha. Her loss!  :yep:

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2008, 01:11:50 AM »
I'm lucky... my mum LOVES H!P, well mainly Morning Musume... She adores Yossy & even squeals & blows kisses at the screen when she sees her during concerts. Its her first and only girl crush :P
She doesn't mind when I ramble on about H!P she is to me being obsessed with something & she likes seeing me excited about stuff... She is pretty much in awe of Miki's beauty and thinks Ai is incredibly "alluring"... She loves Tsuji & Kago as well, especially when they were little and such devils... I make her watch (make her, that's right ;)) most concerts, utabans, random clips, music fighter, H!M and hell she was even watching YoMiki OPVs the other day she really enjoys watching all of them though, she has watched stuff for like 6 hours straight once. She isn't good at remembering their names (only Yossy, Ai, Kago and Tsuji) but she can distinguish between them all with her own nicknames for them. (although i don't plan to show her most of my photo collection)

Mum tries to get my sister and other family members into them but no one cares :lol: My cousin thinks I'm weird & my niece says she doesn't like any Japanese music but she hasn't heard H!P and I didn't make her listen, but i will one day.

A couple of my friends really like GAM and ask me to make some cds for them.... they also like looking through the PBs which really surprises me for one of them!
I showed another friend Maki's SOME BOYS TOUCH! performance from the H!P concert last year and she said "doesn't she realise they are just exploiting her as a sex image" (coming from someone who loves Britney and Paris XD)

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2008, 01:14:39 AM »
about C-ute, my mom said.......  Kanna shines through the most (I guess my mom likes her)

ummmm ...... I think I know why my mom like Kanna .... it's pretty much the same reason why she likes Gaki
I totally agree with your mum about Kanna... my mum says "I don't see whats so special about her, but i can see she puts lots of energy into it"  :angry:

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2008, 02:15:39 PM »
I'm lucky... my mum LOVES H!P, well mainly Morning Musume... She adores Yossy & even squeals & blows kisses at the screen when she sees her during concerts. Its her first and only girl crush :P

This made my morning.  :rofl: I wish my Mom was like that with H!P. It's not completely impossible because she's a lesbian, buuut her music tastes are so, so far off from H!P and JPop it's not even funny. And Yossy's my favorite, too. Your Mom has good taste.  :grin:

Offline niigaki_risa

• Cho Kawaii Ne~
  • Member+
  • Risa rox!
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2008, 06:43:32 PM »
My mom likes Niigaki (like me, whoo hoo!) ever since she was learning Korean.  :heart:
I showed a picture of the current line-up of Morning Musume to my dad, and he thought Aika was the oldest. XD
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 02:39:08 AM by niigaki_risa »
Morning Musume Fairy Tales!
Member of the M.A.Y.U.G.E choir~ <3

Offline Sazaki Ren

• Member+
« Reply #93 on: July 06, 2008, 01:36:09 AM »
My family know that I like japanese girls a lot. My mother knows that I like Berryz Koubou and that's all - I once watched Berryz Koubou Event V of Jingisukan in front of my dad(he was looking into his monitor, and I got to watch it on tv) he some times raised his eyes to the TV and was like "Hm..." and that's all ^_^ and I don't try to convert them in any way - all people like different things and we just somehow stick to this and don't try to interrupt each others likes ^.^

Thanks to PHARADOX for the sign :wub:
My own Art Corner
My H!P Blog

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #94 on: July 06, 2008, 02:59:55 AM »
I've been immeresed in dubbed japanese culture since time in memorial... anime, super sentai, video games (that my parents introduced to me and my sister), and jpop... so they're kinda used to hearing me sing to japanese songs around the house...

i got my sister to listen to Morning Musume but she got tired of it quickly... plus, when she heard about Yossui-pairings, H!P became a no-no to her...

sad...

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #95 on: July 06, 2008, 03:33:39 AM »
^
I sing in Japanese all around the house too! XD My mom is always like "Learn some new songs! I always hear the same ones over and over!" It's true because it depends on what I wanna sing. :D

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #96 on: July 06, 2008, 03:38:30 AM »
^Same! :lol:

H!P = staring at girls (my mum's opinion) Oh well, that's true actually XD My brother, for a while, was crazy for Reina because of my influence. Yeah, until I stole her back from him! :wahaha: Yeah, I will tell my mum how great Maki is until she falls asleep and very occasionally, we do watch talk shows/hello morning together ;)

Hmm, now they have to bear with me singing C\C all day all night :lol:

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #97 on: July 06, 2008, 01:09:10 PM »
H!P = staring at girls (my mum's opinion) Oh well, that's true actually XD

:lol: :rofl: that's such a simple way to put it... I love it! XD

And yes, C/C gets so stuck in your head, I've been singing it all day too!

Offline strawb3rrykream

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #98 on: July 06, 2008, 08:58:12 PM »
Yeah, I will tell my mum how great Maki is until she falls asleep and very occasionally, we do watch talk shows/hello morning together ;)

Hmm, now they have to bear with me singing C\C all day all night :lol:
That's cool! That you and your mom watch stuff together. My mom would never do that! :lol:
I love C/C too! I've been singing that and Kioku no Meiro lately.

Offline lollipopgirl

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2008, 03:31:47 PM »
I watched a 2005 Morning Musume concert with my mother today and she was (once again) swooning over Yossy... She said "I'm sure you'd be able to find a hot Japanese guy who looks just like her" XD

Then we watched WonderBang stuff and she demanded I put Kat-tun vids on :lol: She was drooling (literally) over Junno and I asked "If Yossy and Junno were falling off a cliff and you could only save one, who would it be?" her response was "I'd find a way to save them both and then they'd have to be really grateful "... She then realised what she implied about Yossy and went :o, changing it to "he'd be really grateful" :lol: XD
All I hear now is how much she misses Yossy and Miki (or 'that girl that's friends with Yossy with the best body out of them all' as she calls her) in the group and how she melts when Yossy sings Mr Moonlight :roll:

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Goto Maki - San tou ma mi