JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Girl Of Arms

Author Topic: Official NHL Thread  (Read 537052 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Official NHL Thread
« Reply #2201 on: August 06, 2016, 05:24:05 AM »
OH MAN!! did u PEg Sheety BROZ get tickets? The LINEUP GONNA BE STACKED!!! Please stock up on footage here!

NHL, Winnipeg Jets and Edmonton Oilers announce details for 2016 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™
Friday, 08.5.2016 / 12:21 PM MT / News
By NHL Press Release

The Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™ returns to the regular-season NHL® schedule when the Winnipeg Jets play host to the Edmonton Oilers at Investors Group Field in Winnipeg on Sunday, Oct. 23. The game will be broadcast live on Sportsnet and TVA Sports in Canada and on NHL Network™ in the U.S.

The jerseys for the 2016 Tim Hortons NHL Heritage Classic™ were unveiled today as part of a press announcement that included various other event details. The specially designed jerseys pay homage to the history of both teams by revisiting their World Hockey Association (WHA) days. The Oilers and Jets played their first head-to-head game on Oct. 15, 1972, and also met in the final game of the WHA on May 20, 1979.

The Jets’ uniform draws inspiration from the championship era of the late 1970s and features a crossover V-neck color and vintage-inspired mesh striping. The crest employs traditional chain stitching to lend a distinct authenticity to the throwback uniform. A pant logo highlights the historical Jets ID set, complete with an era-accurate name and number set.

The Oilers will wear their current alternate jersey, inspired by their 1972-73 inaugural season uniform in the WHA, when they were known as the Alberta Oilers. The striking bold color and authentic details, such as a fold-over V-neck collar and numbers on the shoulder yoke, serve as a contemporary homage to the rich history of the franchise and rivalry.

The Jets NHL Heritage Classic™ jerseys are available for pre-order starting today at Jets Gear store locations.

Additionally, the rosters for the outdoor alumni game taking place on Saturday, Oct. 22, were revealed today. Legendary players taking part in this special contest for the Jets include Teemu Selanne, Dale Hawerchuk, Thomas Steen, Kris King and Dave Babych. The Oilers will counter with alumni greats such as Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier, Dave Semenko and Craig MacTavish, among others. Jets and Oilers alumni will wear the jerseys the teams originally wore in the 1980s.

AND TIKKANEN!! :finland:
source: http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=890615&navid=DL|EDM|home

McDavid and Lucic gonna punch da Jets out in the regular game too!! GO OILERS :P

Y'all most def need to come visit me. ROGERS PLACE IS GONNA BE SUPER!! They moved the Gretzky Statue yest:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2202 on: August 06, 2016, 06:53:28 AM »
OH MAN!! did u PEg Sheety BROZ get tickets? The LINEUP GONNA BE STACKED!!! Please stock up on footage here!
So far, they've only made tickets available for season tickets holders. Us regular folk still have to wait until "early fall" before we can get a shot at them.

They held a press conference today to announce the rosters for the alumni teams and to show off the jerseys they'll wear.

PRESS CONFERENCE VIDEO - https://www.nhl.com/jets/video/2016-nhl-heritage-classic/t-277437442/c-44430803

Here is the Jets roster:
Bob Essensa, G; Dave Babych, D; Dave Ellett, D; Mike Ford, D; Jim Kyte, D; Mario Marois, D; Moe Mantha, D; Teppo Numminen, D; Tim Watters, D; Laurie Boschman, F; Mike Eagles, F; Dale Hawerchuk, F; Kris King, F; Morris Lukowich, F; Andrew McBain, F; Brian Mullen, F; Teemu Selanne, F; Darrin Shannon, F; Doug Smail, F; Thomas Steen, F; Ron Wilson, F

Coaches: Tom McVie, Serge Savard

Here is the Oilers roster:
Bill Ranford, G; Dwayne Roloson, G; Paul Coffey, D; Randy Gregg, D; Charlie Huddy, D; Kevin Lowe, D; Marty McSorley, D; Glenn Anderson, F; Kelly Buchberger, F; Wayne Gretzky, F; Jari Kurri, F; Ken Linseman, F; Blair MacDonald, F; Craig MacTavish, F; Mark Messier, F; Dave Semenko, F; Craig Simpson, F; Ryan Smyth, F; Esa Tikkanen, F

Coaches: Ron Low, Glen Sather

It is expected more players will be added to the alumni game rosters at a later date.
HERITAGE CLASSIC 2016 ALUMNI GAME ROSTERS - https://www.nhl.com/news/heritage-classic-alumni-game-roster-features-gretzky-selanne/c-281290828?tid=281290524

For me personally, the bulk of the rosters for both alumni teams totally takes me back to when I was a kid and was first becoming a hockey fan. It's kind of a shame that (at least for the Jets, dunno about the Oilers alumni) there were a bunch of alumni that apparently wanted to, but could not/are not able to commit to play because they're currently coaching (ex. Randy Carlyle, Paul MacLean, Phil Housley, Scott Arniel), or because of health issues or other previous commitments.

But DAI!! DUDE!! SMYTTIE'S GONNA BE THERE!!
:rockon:

Personally, no complaints from yours truly about how the alumni teams will be wearing the jerseys that the teams' had during height of their rivalry in the '80s. The bulk of the players from both alumni teams wore those jerseys, so if anything, it'd be weird to see them wearing anything else. :thumbsup.

For the actual Heritage Classic game, it looks like the Oilers will be wearing the orange jerseys that they debuted last season as their new third jerseys. The Jets, on the other hand, went back in time to the 1970's and brought back a jersey that the Jets wore during their time in the old World Hockey Association.

JETS HERITAGE CLASSIC JERSEY VIDEO - https://www.nhl.com/jets/video/heritage-classic-jersey-reveal/t-277437442/c-44414203
JETS HERITAGE CLASSIC JERSEY PIC GALLERY - http://jets.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=63189&location=/photos&pg=1

No idea why Scheifele has that "Oscar the Grouch" look on his face it the pic gallery. :P

The jersey itself is:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2203 on: August 11, 2016, 11:48:10 PM »

Pretty FUCKIN Amazin!! Which one u getting?

Harkin da WHA Avco Cup Roots!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2204 on: August 22, 2016, 04:25:49 AM »
Big UPS. I'm sure the NHL will dedicate the season and honour Mr. Hockey :bow:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2205 on: August 28, 2016, 05:35:20 AM »
SportsLogos.net - Three New Names Trademarked By Las Vegas NHL Team
- http://news.sportslogos.net/2016/08/27/three-new-names-trademarked-by-las-vegas-nhl-team/
- http://www.detroithockey.net/news/2016/08/27/trademarks-filed-for-las-vegas-desert-knights-silver-knights-golden-knights/

Thanks to some early bird gets the worming by Clark Rasmussen of DetroitHockey.Net, we've learned that Black Knight Sports and Entertainment, the official name of the company which owns the new Las Vegas NHL franchise has trademarked three new nicknames (using two different locale options).

They are...

Las Vegas Desert Knights
Las Vegas Golden Knights
Las Vegas Silver Knights
Vegas Desert Knights
Vegas Golden Knights
Vegas Silver Knights

These names were all trademarked with the United States Patent and Trademark Office on August 23rd.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2206 on: August 29, 2016, 05:39:51 AM »
Why not just the Black Knights? lol

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2208 on: September 02, 2016, 05:31:44 AM »
No one is allowed to touch the new Rogers Place ice until CONNOR!!! :lol:

Believe da HYPE! GO OILERS

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2209 on: September 13, 2016, 07:38:02 PM »
A lot of times, the general public can be just too focused on whether a guy is scoring/producing/playing well for the team, but they won't know about personal stuff that he's going through that could be affecting his play. That was often the case here a couple of seasons ago when Devin Setoguchi was playing for the Jets. People were so focused on things like "He isn't scoring/playing well" but they didn't ask things like "Why isn't he scoring/playing well?"

TheHockeyNews.com - Devin Setoguchi rises from rock bottom to earn another shot at the NHL
- http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/devin-setoguchi-rises-from-rock-bottom-to-earn-another-shot-at-the-nhl

He's definitely taking the right steps to turn things around by admitting he has/had a problem and seeking help for it. Hopefully it has a positive effect on his career prospects.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2210 on: September 28, 2016, 02:30:56 AM »
Pretty sweeeeeeeeeeeeet. :yep:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2212 on: October 06, 2016, 09:00:20 AM »
WOW!!! LOL JFC! I wanted to post it :P :hip smile: :bow: :bow:

That's why they shipped Hall's ass out :lol:

BUT YEAH!! CAPTAIN CONNOR!!! Let's GET DA CUP!!!

I mean. I dig it. He IS THE FRANCHISE. The kid gonna sell tickets and merch. And I'm all for it. Dude is wise beyond his years fo reals. Just calm and steady even when fuckin trollin reporters here try to egg him. This franchise needs a FACE and McJeeezy BE IT!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2213 on: October 08, 2016, 07:16:15 AM »
FUCK! Well there goes another first overall flop! To go with the Taylor Hall and Justin Schultz shitty drafts/deals. Yakupov traded to St louis for a bag of pucks! I remember I stayed in my nosebleed seats GOING FUCKIN NUTS CHANTING GO OILERS GO!! and dem Kings trying to steal one!!! My buddy LEFT EARLY LIKE A BITCH!!! SO I WENT NUTS!!!! GOTTA BELIEVE GO OILERS GO!!!! TIED!! REF CALLS IT BACK!! TIED IT AGAIN!!!! THEN YAK GOES LEGEND!!!!

Literally DA MOST entertaining thrilling game I ever been and it was regular season. CELLLLYYYY!!! :hip smile:

Just loved his FUCK YOU GUYS!! I'm GOING TO CENTRE ICE ASAP!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO

just so much potential but really?!!? Man these Russian players never have that next level potential, just floats around and doesn't grind and do the dirty work. No doubt YAK CITY was electric but man, couldn't get off the ground despite whatever linemates they threw at em like Derek Roy and McJeezy. Oh well. Enjoy reuniting with Magnus Pääjärvi!~

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2214 on: October 13, 2016, 04:01:43 AM »
So today was the regular season debut of Auston Matthews, and even though the Maple Leafs eventually lost the game 5-4 in OT, Matthews did not disappoint, scoring all 4 of Toronto's goals.

1st goal - https://www.nhl.com/video/matthews-scores-first-nhl-goal/t-277350912/c-45230703

2nd goal - https://www.nhl.com/video/matthews-scores-first-nhl-goal/t-277350912/c-45230703

3rd goal - https://www.nhl.com/video/matthews-nets-feed-for-hat-trick/t-277350912/c-45232703

4th goal - https://www.nhl.com/video/matthews-taps-in-his-fourth-goal/t-277350912/c-45234603

Youngest player ever to score a goal in his regular season debut.....check.

Youngest player ever to score a hat trick in his regular season debut.....check.

Youngest player ever to score 4 goals in his regular season debut.....check.

He just turned 19 years old a month ago. Ho....lee.....shit that was impressive. :yep:

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2215 on: October 13, 2016, 05:56:59 PM »
So went to San Jose for the Sharks/Kings game...  It was fuckin' awesome the atmosphere and see the $10 burrito I could get for right outside the arena made my day and since I'm not a fan of either team but wanted to see hockey, I went with it.  I don't think it is a true rivalry in my eyes but surely with some time it'll be fantastic.  Also I didn't recognize Setoguchi was part of the Kings XD

BURNS' Beard!!!!

Also WTH Quick XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2216 on: October 13, 2016, 07:28:06 PM »
So went to San Jose for the Sharks/Kings game...  It was fuckin' awesome the atmosphere and see the $10 burrito I could get for right outside the arena made my day and since I'm not a fan of either team but wanted to see hockey, I went with it.
Yeah, as with most sporting events, it's definitely a different experience when you can see it live compared to watching it on TV. :yep:

Also I didn't recognize Setoguchi was part of the Kings XD
Apparently he received a PTO (professional try-out) offer from the Kings and did well enough that they decided to sign him to a contract. It's only for 1 season, but hey, it's him turning his life around and getting his foot back in the door in the NHL.
:thumbsup

BURNS' Beard!!!!
It's pretty damn epic, ain't it?
:lol:

Also WTH Quick XD
Yeah, first game out and he gets hurt. They're not saying anything conclusive about it for now (he probably still needs to get fully checked out to see how bad it is) other than it's a "lower body injury".

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2217 on: October 17, 2016, 10:18:58 PM »
Sorry for the late reply  :lol:

There was a scuffle after the first sharks goal so something happened there
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2218 on: October 20, 2016, 07:13:34 AM »
Lots of people tonight were watching the Final round of the "Clinton VS Trump" debates.

Me? Nah. I preferred to watch the First round of "Matthews VS Laine". Let's just say, those two did NOT disappoint. :rockon:

BACKUP - https://www.nhl.com/video/laines-hat-trick-wins-it-in-ot/t-277752844/c-45478103

At least for tonight, he's known as Hat-trick Laine! :finland:
- https://www.nhl.com/video/laine-nets-first-nhl-hat-trick/t-277350912/c-45481103

Oh, and you gotta love the trolling fan chants. :lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2219 on: October 23, 2016, 07:24:38 AM »
Pics I took from the 2016 Heritage Classic Jets & Oilers Alumni Game. Pics are raw/untouched, taken by my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 3), mostly from our seats which were located in the Northwest corner of the stadium.  The last four were taken after the game from a center-ice view in the upper deck.

LINK: http://imgur.com/a/VA0OO

EDIT:
Pics from Day 2 of Heritage Classic weekend, this time featuring the current Jets and Oilers facing off. Taken from the same seats, with the same phone.

LINK: http://imgbox.com/g/IMMZHlOgaQ
*I used imgbox this time because imgur wasn't cooperating for some reason.

Quite frankly, was disappointed at the effort (or lack thereof) by the current Jets in this game today. Also, there were quite a few stupid/bonehead moments that really hurt us that really should never have happened in the first place. At least one, possibly two of these bonehead moments lead to goals by the Oilers which, essentially put the game out of reach for us. :(
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 07:11:09 AM by JFC »

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Girl Of Arms