JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hare-brained Unity - Spectre

Author Topic: [Misc] What are you playing now? (Video Games)  (Read 314228 times)

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [Misc] What are you playing now? (Video Games)
« Reply #1920 on: August 21, 2013, 04:15:30 PM »
Revisiting some old games right now.

Do you know that feeling, when you jump back into a game you haven't played for a longer time and it's like visiting beloved friends and you immediately feel at home, the characters, the music, the enviroments, all the adventure you experienced there comes back and it feels so damn good to be back, it gives you goosebumps! (yeah, I'm talking about you Infinite Undiscovery)

When I'm done with my nostalgia trip I'll hopefully be ready to tackle Tales of Vesperia.

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1921 on: August 22, 2013, 01:04:14 PM »
Saints Row IV

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1922 on: August 22, 2013, 01:36:11 PM »
Started up XCOM: The Shooter :P

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #1923 on: August 24, 2013, 07:39:44 AM »
Digtal: A Love Story and it's sequel Analogue: A Hate Story

Damn you, visual novels and your gripping writing and storytelling that tugs at my emotions!!!  :angry:

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1924 on: August 24, 2013, 09:07:01 AM »
Playing a few games
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Dead Rising 2 (it was free for xbox gold users :D)
Halo 4 <~ I've gotten so bad ever since I started playing the other two hah

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1925 on: August 24, 2013, 06:35:35 PM »
Bought a Wii so I'm playing various Kirby and Mario games  :twothumbs

Also picked up Need for Speed The Run... Finished the main story mode in just under 85 minutes. ARE YOU KIDDING ME  :nervous

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1926 on: August 28, 2013, 06:48:24 AM »
Started up XCOM: The Shooter :P
Finished off The Bureau: XCOM Declassified. I must say that I enjoyed the game a lot, considering everyone giving it crap review scores.
So it's a clear Mass Effect rip-off, every game is a rip-off of another game! except katamari...
So it has some bad AI, which squad-based game doesn't! It felt pretty smooth for me. There were also a lot of bugs with squadmates getting stuck (doors are humanity's greatest enemy), nothing a shot to their feet or a checkpoint restart won't fix.
So its not realistic. Like shooting a UFO down with a sniper rifle from the 1960's. Well, if the game was realistic then your character would be pretty useless against the aliens. Realistic is good, making gameplay fun far outweighs being realistic.
So the game world stuff is boring. I tried all the notes and pics and recorded messages. Yes they were boring. This is a shooter, go shoot things.

But on the other end. damn the ending totally killed the game (massive spoiler alert):
So after the alien merge surprise is shown, Carter suddenly turns all bitchy, hates everything and doesn't care if everyone dies. OK, that may be how Carter really is, and basically it was the alien talking all the game. But man, just at the end you turn the hero you've been playing into a total arse felt real bad. You'd think after he experienced all that happened with the alien in him, and knows how humanity might lose. He might lose all that rage and do his duty.
What's worse, you switch to another character at the very last mission. WTH. Think playing Mario for all the game, but when you get to Bowser's stage you are forced to switch to Luigi.
You'll probably get to control hero Carter again in the end, right? WRONG! Instead he runs on his own, fights aliens at random, then comes to STOP you saving humanity because he couldn't handle it.

So about the character we switch to. LOL, they even replicated Mass Effects triple option slideshow ending with this single choice. There's the old chief, there's the old scientist.. and there's the girl agent. Course I'm picking the girl agent! Oh, I have to choose who dies. They sure love Mass Effect.
Remaining aliens are all killed,  sleepwalker humans are not cured. I know she hates aliens, but all this from picking the girl.
And they don't even say what happens to Carter afterwards.

Honestly, I'd rather it had been the basic Carter stands up to the job, kills all the evil alien scum and stops their mind-controlling, blows up their base, saves all humanity and the remaining aliens leave in peace ending.

Offline paijokece

• ecchi
« Reply #1927 on: August 28, 2013, 06:55:09 AM »
i just finished playing The Last Of Us and it is the best game i have ever played. the game is actually not about spreading a certain message; rather this game is all about emotional and player connection to the game. and this game is able to manipulate my emotional feeling which is exceptionally good  :D

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1928 on: August 28, 2013, 07:46:36 AM »
Sort of replaying Hydrophobia.
I started it when I first bought it in 2011, but never even finished the first Act  :nervous
And I heard it's a short game, so hopefully this is a way of getting one off my backlog quickly.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1929 on: August 30, 2013, 12:20:59 AM »
Picked up a few things from the PS store

- Jak & Daxter HD Collection - Free on EU PS Plus this month. Only played Jak 2 but have fond memories of it. Will be interested to play the other two as well.
- Payday The Heist - Seems alright. Haven't played it proper with other players, only in single player which seemed pretty dull and forced you to do all the objectives yourself because the AI is too dumb and you can't order them around. Plus the actual shooting seems kinda floaty. Will need to give it more time I guess.
- Stealth Inc : A Clone In The Dark - Free on EU PS Plus this month. A platformer that focuses on stealth. Some interesting ideas, the early levels in themselves seemed fairly challenging so I wonder how complex later levels will get.
- Spelunky (Demo version) - Heard this was up this week and it was 50% off for PS Plus members so figured I would try a demo. Pretty charming game, it's a roguelike platformer, if you didn't know. So anytime you die (which can happen at any time, so easily if you're not careful), you start the game all over again with the levels randomised each time. The music's good, art's pretty charming and the game is challenging and keeps revealing more mechanics and secrets the more you play. Would love to know what the actual game plays like so I might just buy it outright.

That's on top of what I'm currently playing at the minute:

- The Last of Us
- Yakuza 4
- XCOM : Enemy Unknown
- Battlefield 3
- Saints Row 3
- Need for Speed : Most Wanted
- Shadow of the Colossus HD
- Demons Souls
- Infamous 2

Too many games...but deep down I love it :lol:

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1930 on: September 01, 2013, 04:02:05 PM »
I downloaded Dead Rising 2 and Fable 3 while they were free from XBLA.  I got Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (not as easy as 2).  Just finished Gears of War Judgment.  Pretty short, but I liked the story.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1931 on: September 02, 2013, 07:48:17 AM »
Sneaking around in Splinter Cell Blacklist.
I'm pretty bad at these games. Basically every time I get found it means game over. and I have no idea when to use what gadget.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #1932 on: September 02, 2013, 07:51:54 AM »
Playing Persona 3 Portable and grinding happily through Tartarus. I'm starting to think that I'm overlevelled. But oh well. More money and more items FTW!

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1933 on: September 02, 2013, 08:06:12 AM »
Playing the first Bioshock and I'm surprised how easy it is on normal.
Which makes me wonder, if I'm actually playing on normal... I started the game a few years ago, but stopped while at the medical pavillion and now continued from that save.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1934 on: September 03, 2013, 02:19:41 AM »
Saints Row IV....

Renting it for 2 dollars a day. Glad I didn't buy it; it's already pissing me off!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:27:08 AM by mode107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1935 on: September 04, 2013, 01:16:14 PM »
Finally picked up Mario Galaxy, but the controls are killing my elbows. I think I'm holding it in an awkward position, but don't notice until I stop playing. Also the cable running down the nunchuck annoys me immensely. My little venture into Nintendo has been fun, but I'm aching for a new Playstation already.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1936 on: September 04, 2013, 01:59:11 PM »

Been playing Sword of the Stars: The Pit a lot lately. Neat little sci-fi roguelike.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1937 on: September 06, 2013, 04:03:28 AM »
I went ahead and got DOA 5 Ultimate earlier than I had plan. I love it.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #1938 on: September 16, 2013, 04:30:41 PM »
Currently playing Persona 3: FES on the old PS2. Slowly getting used to the battle system since I'm so used to the one Persona 4 has.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1939 on: June 02, 2014, 08:32:07 PM »

Mario Kart 8 is a no-brainer since it just came out. SO. MUCH. FLIPPING. FUN.

Here's something I downloaded from the eShop yesterday:

Man, the game is so awesome I actually played it more than MK8 today. I just beat "Shadow over Mystara" with a bunch of random peeps and I can't wait to play "Tower of Doom". I have always enjoyed arcade style beat 'em up games and Chronicles of Mystara is a very solid game. It's pretty cheap too so I definitely recommend buying it :thumbup

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hare-brained Unity - Spectre