JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Turbocharger On

Author Topic: [NEWS] Dave Chappelle & Chris Rock to TOUR?!  (Read 5802 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
[NEWS] Dave Chappelle & Chris Rock to TOUR?!
« on: March 03, 2013, 08:18:59 AM »
I just creamed myself. saw this on 2dopeboyz   HOLY SHIT

https://twitter.com/questlove/status/307021420909699072

Sean McCarthy and his recap…http://thecomicscomic.com/2013/02/27/dreaming-up-a-real-comedy-show-with-chris-rock-and-dave-chappelle/

For the next hour, the two comedic icons just riffed. On the Oscars and Seth MacFarlane’s performance as host. On Kevin Hart showing up at the Cellar the other night, and his two sold-out concerts last fall at Madison Square Garden. On Prince, who’s supposed to be in the city this coming weekend. On Jay-Z and President Barack Obama, and the sights and sounds of a $20,000-per-plate Obama fund-raiser last year at Jay-Z’s 40/40 Club. On passing on the chance to open for Jay-Z during his sold-out concert run at Barclays Arena in Brooklyn. “I had no material!” Rock demurred. “Neither do I!” Chappelle countered. They joked about eating fast food. And on the prospect of calling up another famous friend for a late-late-night outing to eat spaghetti. Just because it’d be funny to Chappelle to have strangers see a group of famous men (married with children), out late together doing something completely normal and boring. Chappelle convinced Rock to text Jay-Z at around 1:30 a.m. After a lack of a reply, they called Arsenio Hall and left a voice-mail message; then later the same for Lenny Kravitz.

“This could be the show,” Chappelle said. “Fireside chats with Chris Rock.”

“I’m in,” Rock replied.

this is gonna be fuckin good, hopefully there's more recordings / DVD whatever. do a Comedy Festival with like Bill Cosby too :lol:

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: [NEWS] Dave Chappelle & Chris Rock to TOUR?!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 09:50:53 AM »
It would be an epic duo and their deliveries are quite similar, which would be great to play off each other or doing consecutive sets.

I would actually see it myself to just enjoy their jokes :thumbsup
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 07:31:41 PM »
I heard about this a couple days ago.  Boy would it be one helluva comeback for Dave Chappelle.  That first picture reminded me of "The Kings of Comedy".  It'd be awesome if something like that could happen.
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 05:04:59 PM »
AND they did Another fuckin set????? Just give em a world wide tour now!!!!!!

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Turbocharger On