JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AAA - Namida no Nai Sekai

Author Topic: The Kamei Eri thread (亀井絵里)  (Read 327971 times)

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Kamei Eri thread (亀井絵里)
« Reply #1640 on: September 06, 2008, 04:41:17 AM »
^ Nacchi was in Kiiro 5 (2000), 10nin Matsuri (2001), Odoru 11 (2002), and SALT5 (2003) during her time with Morning Musume. I'd say that's considerably more than none. And almost one every year. ;)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 04:44:27 AM by Pharadox »

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #1641 on: September 06, 2008, 05:06:11 AM »
It's a real shame about the subunits but I'm just really happy that Eri gets to sing Hare Ame Nochi Suki solo ^___^!  I've always wanted to hear her sing a complete sakuragumi song since watching one of the karaoke episodes of h!m where Eri had to pretend to be nacchi+sakuragumi

Offline aussie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1642 on: September 06, 2008, 11:38:03 AM »

^ Nacchi was in Kiiro 5 (2000), 10nin Matsuri (2001), Odoru 11 (2002), and SALT5 (2003) during her time with Morning Musume. I'd say that's considerably more than none. And almost one every year. ;)

Those were the shuffle units where everyone in H!P joined in, like Aya and so on, so it's not like Nacchi was 'chosen' to be in them which is why I didn't count them, unlike Tanpopo and Pucchimoni and Minimoni (Tanpopo members had to even audition for that sub unit). After rokkies joined they stopped the shuffle units and the sub units were gone, and in 2005 they brought back the shuffle units but had selected members in them. Sayu wasn't in any other sub unit either was she? It's a bit of a shame that Eri hasn't had much experience of being in sub units, but that alone doesn't define how underused Eri has been in my personal opinion. It's just disappointing that we don't get to see her outside of Momus, but if I was a diehard Eri fan (she is one of my favourites but not my absolute favourite ^^; ) I would rather see her get more lines in singles. A sub unit would be a bonus because I would get to see more of her, and it seems nowadays special unit members are selected so that would make her seem that much more special  :D

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:43:05 AM by aussie »

Offline Kirigirisu

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • チュlip~
« Reply #1643 on: September 06, 2008, 01:33:22 PM »
Not everyone was chosen to be in a shuffle unit, Nakazawa Yuko and Maeda Yuki to name two weren't chosen for shuffle units on a yearly basis, in fact Maeda only once since she joined in 2000.

Michishige is a member of EcoMoni which although appears only a yearly basis (generally) has been active since 2004.

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #1644 on: September 06, 2008, 01:51:48 PM »
Nacchi did a duo with maimi, that counts.
Eri really hasn't done any and it's something I've noticed...well since I've known what sub-units and eri were.
She has the voice to be in a smaller group and the stage charisma for it aswell, I really want her and gaki to do a duo song...they might have done if gaki didn't have to take over tsuji's role with the athena stuff.
I hope she gets to do something soon! :D

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1645 on: September 06, 2008, 02:10:05 PM »

Those were the shuffle units where everyone in H!P joined in, like Aya and so on, so it's not like Nacchi was 'chosen' to be in them which is why I didn't count them, unlike Tanpopo and Pucchimoni and Minimoni (Tanpopo members had to even audition for that sub unit). After rokkies joined they stopped the shuffle units and the sub units were gone, and in 2005 they brought back the shuffle units but had selected members in them. Sayu wasn't in any other sub unit either was she? It's a bit of a shame that Eri hasn't had much experience of being in sub units, but that alone doesn't define how underused Eri has been in my personal opinion. It's just disappointing that we don't get to see her outside of Momus, but if I was a diehard Eri fan (she is one of my favourites but not my absolute favourite ^^; ) I would rather see her get more lines in singles. A sub unit would be a bonus because I would get to see more of her, and it seems nowadays special unit members are selected so that would make her seem that much more special  :D

Kiro 5 had just Heike Michiyo (Soloist), Abe Natsumi (Morning Musume), Yasuda Kei (Morning Musume) , RuRu (T&C Bomber) , and Ayaka (Coconuts Musume).
SALT5 had just Abe Natsumi (Morning Musume), Kago Ai (Morning Musume), Ogawa Makoto (Morning Musume), Matsuura Aya (Soloist), and Maeda Yuki (Soloist).
And let's not forget Furusato, where Nacchi basically sang the entire song and the rest of the girls were essentially backup singers.
That's seems like being chosen to me.   :P

Nacchi and Eri do not seem like a good comparison to me. Nacchi was obviously given way more lines and other duties as a morning musume member.

I would like to see more of Eri. It is always possible that, because she's one of the more shy girls in the group, she requests less of the spotlight. But maybe not, because she has said herself that she auditioned to be in morning musume because she wanted to come out of her shell (haha, turtle shell :D) so to back down from challenges now kind of goes against that.

It's atleast nice to see her get some good singing in at concerts sometimes. My favorite song she's been very nicely used in before is Indigo Blue Love from the Rainbow 7 album. The performance of it from the Spring 2006 ~Rainbow 7~ concert is  :heart:  :heart:  :heart:.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1646 on: September 08, 2008, 04:50:34 PM »
Sometimes the less you see a person, the fonder you are of her, ya know. That is what i always tell myself and that is why my no 1 member has always sticked with Eri since she joined. She is full of joy and so full of expressions and feelings that everyone, guys and girls love her.

Btw pharadox, i agree with you. indigo blue love has to be the song for Eri and her performance was really wonderful in that concert. Also i notice that she gets a lot of lines during concerts be it MM's or H!P's, so that basically somehow nulifies the fact that she has not been in a H!P unit.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #1647 on: September 09, 2008, 12:42:44 AM »
Well, that's true. Despite that she hasn't been in a unit that doesn't mean that she's oblivious or dead weight in the group like some graduated members (ex. Konno). If you think about it out of 6th gen, Eri is almost always the one with the most screentime on shows, not mention she has several segments featuring her. And so she's a great entertainer in those parts.  And in regards to music, I think of Eri as the c/w front girl and bridge singer, because she seems to have alot of lines in c/ws and sings in the bridge of songs (like EY!N and ONSA). And as ferrar1 mentioned, she gets alot of lines in concerts esp. lately which is probably why I'm more into watching their shows and concerts than listening to their music sometimes. But I still love Eri even if MM's the only unit she'll ever be in. hehe

All that aside, what do you think of Eri's hair on the new single's cover? At first I thought "Linlin's hair got longer." and then I realized it wasn't her but Eri. And then I squealed really loud. XD It has a very 60s/70s mod look to it which is appropriate since the song's a cover from the 70s. Very cute.  :D

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
« Reply #1648 on: September 09, 2008, 01:33:39 AM »
Eri's hair for the new single reminds me of a longer version of onna ni sachi are...the style for the cover that is.  :heart:  It's not exactly the same though...it's even cooler  :w00t:  It's stylish and very fitting for the single.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1649 on: September 09, 2008, 11:10:22 AM »
Yeap feels like "Onna ni sachi are" returns again and I personally think it look quite bad honestly.

But she does look like Lin2 except that Lin2 has shorter hair.

Still somehow I am not sure of this single, cover songs are never good imo.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #1650 on: September 09, 2008, 02:33:52 PM »
Eri's hair for the new single reminds me of a longer version of onna ni sachi are...the style for the cover that is.  :heart:  It's not exactly the same though...it's even cooler  :w00t:  It's stylish and very fitting for the single.

I had the exact same thought. In my mind when I saw Eri I was like "ONSA hair! But OMG Eri's so much sexier with her hair grown long!!!" And then I died. Brain shut down XD

Yeap feels like "Onna ni sachi are" returns again and I personally think it look quite bad honestly.

But she does look like Lin2 except that Lin2 has shorter hair.

Still somehow I am not sure of this single, cover songs are never good imo.

Really? You didn't like it? I thought she had one of the best hair on the cover. Or maybe she's so pretty she pulls off any hairstyle perfectly :P

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #1651 on: September 09, 2008, 04:55:57 PM »
In regards to Eri not being in a H!P unit (which I know is now old discussion :sweatdrop: ), I don't think it's much of a reflection on her importance within MM... Risako hasn't been in a unit either and there is no doubt of how high she is on the Berryz food chain... I think the fact that she really is being given that chance to shine at concerts more than others is more reflective of how they utilize her abilities... For me, Eri's voice doesn't come across as all that spectacular on recorded tracks, but when she sings live she is one of absolute faves to listen to, she blows me away each time... Maybe that is way she gets less official lines but more live lines, it suits her better... As does how she gets a lot of attention with skits, coz she really naturally shines there. :heart:
*end rant that people already know* :P

I'm not gonna say much about the cover hair till I see it in better quality... atm, I'm a bit on and off about it but I'm thinking I'm gonna love it when I see more of it :mon inluv:

Offline lil_hamz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1652 on: September 10, 2008, 10:50:24 AM »
^ I guess I agree with you in that aspect. It's better to not be in a shuffle if she's gonna get just a few crap few lines. Having a lot of lines in a concert is so much better. Eri really shines when she sings live and when she performs in general. It's where her strength lies. Totally and completely killing anyone within the area just by listening to her voice, watching her dance moves and seeing those incredible thighs :muffin:

I've been listening to Hare Ame Nochi Suki on repeat for the past 2 days and I am still not tired of it :heart:

When is that Cinderella DVD coming out. I NEED to see C/C right now! :D

« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 11:29:16 AM by lil_hamz »

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1653 on: September 12, 2008, 04:42:16 AM »
Hare Ame Nochi Suki is also one of the better songs sung by Eri

Actually I love all Eri's solo performance in concerts, fan club tours etc. Another worthy performance was the Koi no telephone goal she performed solo in Winter 05 Akagumi (or was it shiro gumi?) concert

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #1654 on: September 12, 2008, 07:17:17 PM »
Ok, so I totally was not sold on the hair from the cover pics but after watching the PV (and even the LQ preview PV) I am in love with it :drool: I don't like the completely even, straight fringe (or bangs for all the rest of you :P) on the cover but when there is a slight part in it from moving around, OMG  :mon crazyinlove:
Eri really stands out in the PV, she looks absolutely stunning! She is definitely in my top 3 lookers of the PV, maybe even number one, but I am reluctant to admit it :lol:
Her thighs should so be insured, they were one of the highlights to watch! :mon bleed2: :oops:

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1655 on: September 14, 2008, 03:19:36 PM »
I didn't have high expectations for the new PV but it was not as bad as i predicted. I liked the 2 row line up, very retro.

Her thighs should so be insured, they were one of the highlights to watch! :mon bleed2: :oops:

Uh-huh, agree  :inlove:

I can't take my eyes out of them

Offline lil_hamz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1656 on: September 16, 2008, 09:02:43 AM »
Ok, so I totally was not sold on the hair from the cover pics but after watching the PV (and even the LQ preview PV) I am in love with it :drool: I don't like the completely even, straight fringe (or bangs for all the rest of you :P) on the cover but when there is a slight part in it from moving around, OMG  :mon crazyinlove:
Eri really stands out in the PV, she looks absolutely stunning! She is definitely in my top 3 lookers of the PV, maybe even number one, but I am reluctant to admit it :lol:

I'm gonna admit it, ERI IS THE MOST GORGEOUS LOOKING ONE IN THE NEW PV!! As much as I would love to say Gaki is, I have to say, she seems to have put on some weight :P

Eri is da best, no doubt about it. They should've placed her in the middle during the dance break. I'm sure she would have sizzled like crazy :wub: :wub: :wub:

Offline OnDiet

• Member+
  • Kameist.
« Reply #1657 on: September 20, 2008, 01:32:56 PM »
GAKIKAME #047 [2008.02.23]
Credits to amped for the download link.

Eri's 4 word idiom - 則天去私 sokutenkyoshi - selfless devotion to justice

GAKIKAME desu ~
K : Gakisan, its going to be the graduating season
G : Yeah
K : Although its a painful period, since its a graduating season, I'd want to graduate from being late.
G : Really?
K : Yeah, i mean it.
G : You're often late?
K : I'm often late.
G : Eh?! You're often late? Kame?
K : Like sometimes I make it just in time for work, I overslept and such. I thought it wasn't a good habit even though i still make it in time. Like slipping in and safe, like safety (My phrasing sucks, but apparently Eri was making a pose, but since its a radioshow..)
G : No one will be able to see that pose
K : I thought I should be punctual when go out to play.. (Meaning in private anyway.)
G : I second that. Sayumin had been waiting for you for like how many times.
[Cont. talk about Eri's aims, Gakisan says that everytime they talk about Eri's aims to change Eri would talk a lot but Gakisan thinks that Eri should seriously try to change (her bad habits)]
K : Gakisan, I think that you should graduate from something too.
G : What?
K : Gakisan unlike me, should graduate from being too early.
G : Too early ain't I? Even the manager is also worried about that, the manager even said "Niigaki, don't be so early tomorrow" (Lol, it didn't sound so blunt actually)
[Cont. talk about Gakisan being too early for everything.]

Letter
Question : Is there anything that you did that you think is good?
Eri said she does things quickly.
While Gakisan offers seats to the senior citizens. When they accept her seats with a "Thank you", some actually replied saying that its okay. And instead of feeling helpful, Gakisan felt that she was rude to the person.(As in she treated the people like as if they're really very old)

[bgcolor=#0000ff]Morning Musume - Mikan[/bgcolor]

Personality Test

G : Gaki-san, Kame-chan, good evening. I have a cat.. (The sender used wagahai for "I" in Japanese. wagahai is an archaism)
[silence]
K : erm..erm..erm..
G : *laughs*

1. Please hold both of your hands together (As in lock your fingers)
2. Which thumb is at the bottom? Is it your right, or is it your left?

K : My left hand
G : Mine too.
K : Whats this about.. Its interesting.. (Yes, compared to just giving the girls choices to choose ._.)

1. Please fold your arms.
2. Which arm is at the bottom? Is it your right, or is it your left?

GAKIKAME had a little of confusion here, cos' its seems like they are sitting opposite one another.
G : Right arm
K : Left arm
[While Gakisan writes down their results Eri starts to be random and said "rirahi", left -> hirari]
G : Kame drew "kame" on my script (kame - turtle, just in case someone don't know, lol)
K : *hehehe*
G : She drew six of them,
K : I'm great ~
G : and at the first glance no one will even know that it a kame.
K : Cos' theres no face
G : It looks like some melon pan (bread)
K : Thats evil!

This is a left-right brain test, it also tells you something about your personality from it.
(I'll skip the results, sorry. But its just like any other left-right brain tests you see in your email inbox)
Gakisan's result was accurate.
Meanwhile..

G : ... blah blah blah ... ... leader type (When reading eri's results)
K : *laughs*
G : This gotta be a joke!
K : But its just holding and folding of hands! It'll be accurate for me for sure! (As in usually during personality tests, Eri thinks too much into it causing it to be not accurate, but this time round its just a natural habit, she don't have to think.)
G : I can't believe this! (I understand )
[Gakisan continues to be amazed (or shocked?) by the results]
[bgcolor=#0000ff]
Hirari Ken - Canvas[/bgcolor]

Consultation Corner

Letter 1 : The sender wants to learn boxing but his parents was against it. How can he get his parents consent?
K : I wonder what was the reason for his parents to object it.
G : Since its boxing it'll involve some fighting with other people, parents will be worried about their children
K : Oh.. there'll be cases where he might get injured..but he wants learn boxing..
G :Yeah..He said he wants to learn it..So, what should he do?
K : Hmm..
G : Probably a guy isn't it? (As in the sender. GAKIKAME usually don't know the sender is a male or a female) Since we're females.. we probably wouldn't even think of trying it out (boxing)
K : If he really wants to try it i think he should tries and convey his feelings (to his parents)
G : Like telling his parents why he wanna try it..and if he manages to get his parents consent he can just try it out for some time.. But if his parents worry about him (during the period that he starts learning it) He should quit learning boxing in order to not make his parents worry. (Some good advice from GAKIKAME in this episode)

Letter 2
: The sender had been doing a certain sport since elementary but there weren't really good results (for competitions). Should he continue to persevere even though he don't have the talent? (I skipped quite a few parts here.) He adds on asking if something like that happened to GAKIKAME before.

K : I see..
G : I think he should persevere since he has been doing that sport since elementary school.
K : Yeah!
G : I wonder what competition it was..
[Eri went random again and said Basketball, rugby..]
GAKIKAME's advice was to cont. persevere, and when he wins something the sort of feeling will be great. Adding on saying that if he happens to win please send in a letter to GAKIKAME again informing them of it.
[As Gakisan was giving her advice, ~ 22:55, Eri kept interupting "sou da!" "sou da!"]
G : Kame, are you okay?

Moving on to the song selection (The song was already chosen before this actually, in fact its probably written on their scripts)
G : What song should i choose? Should i go with this?
K : yeah.
G : This song was sang by Takahashi Ai, Niigaki Risa, Tanaka Reina and Pokepokepoo, Kamei Eri! (on Bkbkb concert)
K : Its not written (on the script)! (She was referring to "pokepokepoo")
[bgcolor=#0000ff]
Takahashi Ai, Niigaki Risa, Fujimoto Miki, Tanaka Reina - Shanimuni Paradise[/bgcolor]

[Short promotions for bkbkb concert DVD and Berryz Koubou - C-ute's concert]

Letter from listener
Listener asking if GAKIKAME have anything that is essential item to them.
G : You look like a pounded fish cake *laughs*
K : Why? That has no link with the letter!
G : You look soft/flabby (I don't know which word to use. But that reminds me, Reina described Eri as "soft" too in the chinese book)
G : Pounded fish cakes are an essential. You can't miss that out.
K : I love pounded fish cakes ~ I love eggs too ~
G : Eggs are an essential too. I wonder what else..
K : I love orange juice a lot. When i eat Yakiniku its a must to have orange juice
G : Thats the first time i heard that
K : When you drink it just normally its delicious, but when you drink it while eating Yakiniku (Btw, yakiniku - grilled beef if anyone don't know.) its extraordinary.
G : Really? But yes, Eri has the image of saying I wanna drink orange juice despite where she is.
K : (Drinking it) After a live its super delicious!
G : Ah, you really drink 100% (orange juice) don't you!
K : Yep! 100% ones are tasty.
[Gakisan eats livers (when she goes for yakuniku) and when Gakisan eats ramen with soft boiled eggs. Eri don't like to eat ramen or udon with soft boiled eggs cos' the eggs will change the taste of the ramen/udon. But she don't mind it on Ceasar Salads.]

[Promotions for All Singles Complete Concert Tour 2008]
[Promotions for Ojigi 30do on stage]
Gakisan shows her support for Eri in Ojigi 30do (:
[Promotions for New Single (Resonant Blue)]

G : Morning Musume no Niigaki Risa to
K : Sasa no Kamei Eri deshita!

Great advices by GAKIKAME in this old episode. Pardon me for those phrasing problems.

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
« Reply #1658 on: September 20, 2008, 01:50:29 PM »
chuu~  :gmon heartu:  thanks for the translation! =D

hehe I should finish usapi tomorrow~

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness