JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Beat Crusaders - Capa-City

Author Topic: Official Track & Field Thread  (Read 12150 times)

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official Track & Field Thread
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2006, 03:21:55 AM »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2006, 08:10:05 PM »
LMAO and the PV is in a stadium. Somehow, I'm not surprised :lol:

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2006, 08:26:56 PM »
i like how the singers are in track uniforms, despite they look NOTHING like track athletes!!! hot diggity damn!

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2006, 07:01:54 AM »
Run forever to be the winner

lolol the hurdler is funny

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 08:38:03 PM »
Top 9 sprinting excersies

HSI Part 1
HSI Part2
A reality series starring HSInternational clients (Ato Boldon, Maurice Greene, Inger Miller, Jon Drummond, Torrie Edwards, Larry Wade and many others) throughout the United States and Europe. It takes you inside the life of a Professional Track and Field Athlete during training sessions.

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 08:44:05 PM »
(cant edit above post)

Urban Sprinting.

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 12:52:30 AM »
6"11? Holy cripes that is TALL. Jump over hurdles? You just need to walk over them!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 12:50:31 AM »
Hey, did u hear about Justin Gatlin.

He's now working out with the Houston Texans of the NFL. Good luck pal! The Eagles are still waiting on that snowboarder Bloom

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2006, 05:27:55 AM »
Yea I heard this today on PTI. I was surprised when I heard this....who knew he had receiving skills. But hey if you're the fastest runner in the world you should get a spot on a nfl team.

I thought Bloom was already playing for the eagles...

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2006, 04:34:30 AM »
Gatlins in the NFL now? Wow, should be some interesting games coming up... And if you thought LT was fast...

Gatlin Nike CM
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 04:47:34 AM by meowchi »

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2006, 02:24:14 AM »
Just Do It BABY! Nike commercials kick ass

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2006, 11:52:18 AM »
NIKE commercials are the best, just plain and simple.

I've never seen Bloom at all on the Eagles this year, this story cracked me up about Canada's disgraced runner Ben Johnson:

Ben Johnson says Carl Lewis set him up at Seoul Olympics

December 8, 2006

MELBOURNE, Australia – Disgraced sprinter Ben Johnson has claimed superstar rival Carl Lewis played a part in a conspiracy to sabotage his drug sample at the 1988 Seoul Olympics, costing him his 100 meters gold medal.

Johnson set a world record of 9.79 seconds to win the 100 meters at Seoul but was stripped of his gold medal and world record when he tested positive for the banned steroid stanozolol.

The Canadian-born sprinter has since admitted using banned drugs but has continued to insist his positive test at Seoul was the result of a conspiracy to discredit him.

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061208/SPORTS/612080373/1004/SPORTS

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2007, 11:45:24 PM »
Greene aims at Powell`s 100m world record    

Quote from: sprintic.com
    30 January 2007
             www.caribbeannetnews.com                      
             By Gary Smith

He has not raced competitively in 10 months, but American sprint legend Maurice Greene said before the year comes to an end he expects to break the men's 100m world record of 9.77 seconds, set by Jamaican Asafa Powell.

Greene, who previously held the world record with a 9.79-second clocking in Athens, Greece, back in 1999, also said he is confident at winning the 100m at Osaka's World Championships in August, despite the form of Powell, who will more than likely start favourite.

"I know this year is going to be one of the best years I've had," Greene said. "I'll show them what I am talking about.”

"The most important thing is the world championships this year, and I expect to win that," he added.

Greene, a three-time world champion in the 100m will seek his fourth, while Powell will be vying for his first.

After dominating last season on his way to having the "greatest ever sub-10 seconds season," Powell promised to deliver something special in Osaka 2007, this after he was disqualified in his 2006 season finale in Yokohama.

"Next year (2007) I have a second chance to run in Japan so I will make sure I'm in very good shape and will run fast," Powell, recalled after what he thought was a disappointing end to his season.

The 23-year-old sprinter's fruitful year consisted of 12 legal sub-10 second achievements, two of which were world record equalling performances.

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 01:11:48 AM »
Devers soars, Greene stumbles in New York  

Part 1:
[yt]C5YpQhiLUwc[/yt]

Part 2:
[yt]uKCUplE0ZBA[/yt]

3 February 2007
             www.wcsn.com                      
             By Dave Ungrady

Earlier this week, 40-year-old Gail Devers said her running career is day-to-day and 32-year-old Maurice Greene said he might be a little rusty.

At the Millrose Games on Friday night in New York City, Devers -- a three-time Olympic gold medalist -- had a day to remember and Greene -- a two-time Olympic gold medalist -- suffered a fate to forget.

Devers won the 60-meter hurdles in 7.86 seconds, performing beyond her competitors' expectations, but not surprising them.  

"No one expected her to go out and win that race," said Joanna Hayes, the 100-meter high hurdles gold medalist at the 2004 Summer Olympics, who finished second to Devers on Friday night. "But no one's surprised."

Devers competed for the first time since giving birth to her daughter in 2005. She had to wait until the end of her race to pull away and win by .05 seconds. Danielle Carruthers, who is coached by Devers, finished third.

"I always open up at Millrose," said Devers. "And I wanted to come back for the fans who supported me when I had my baby. You have Danielle and my husband to thank for me being in this race. They said you've got to jump in a race. This (meet) has always been a great experience for me."

Devers said she does not know if she will compete again during the indoor season.  

Greene, who took off most of the last year, had a lifetime-first experience Friday night. Halfway through the race, while in the front of the pack of runners, he stumbled and fell. He had never before fallen in a race.

"At the start, there's a little dip in the track" he said. "I guess I missed a stop and I couldn't recover. I thought, 'uh, oh,' I'm going down. I didn't think I pulled anything. It happens. I've only been back doing start blocks for a week and a half now. That's the part I was worried about."

American Aries Merritt, who won the 60-meter hurdles in 7.62 seconds, also said he felt a dip in the track during his race.  

Greene said he would wait until he sees how he feels tomorrow to determine if he suffered an injury during the race. Earlier this week, he said the Millrose Games would likely be his only indoor competition.

Shawn Crawford, the gold medalist in the 200 meters at the 2004 Summer Olympics, won the 60-meters race in 6.56 seconds.  

"I made up the race at 40 meters," he said. "I saw (Greene) him when he came out of the blocks because he was ahead. That got me going. I was just focused on driving and getting to the finish line number one."

Poor Mo! I bet he was anticipating this race for a while. His last Olympic appearance will be Beijing, look forward to more races from Mo till then!

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 08:28:29 PM »
2004 Athens Olympics 4x100 Relay Race

[yt]sX9cuIII1Ss[/yt]

Probably one of the intense moments of the 2004 Athens olympics. Gatlin and Miller took too long during a hand-off, which caused them the race...

1- great britain
2- usa
3- nigeria

Offline Thimas X

• Member+
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2007, 12:03:16 AM »
^ omg that was so close

I love watching track, but theres alot of waiting.

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2007, 09:24:03 PM »
^ Yeah, that's prolly why the 100m short sprints are so popular at the olympics XD

Millrose Games begin, end indoor chapters    

6 February 2007

Gail Devers did more than defy her age by winning the 60-meter hurdles Friday night in a more-than-respectable 7.86 seconds at the Millrose Games. During the postrace press conference, she exuded the youthful exuberance of a teenager who scored free tickets to a Justin Timberlake concert.

Devers talked with media while her 19-month old daughter Karsen sat on her lap and occasionally played with the microphone. The 40-year-old sprinter chatted energetically about starting a new clothing line, working in her new role as manager/coach/agent for Danielle Carruthers -- who finished third in the race -- and determining her future in the sport.

"I have absolutely no plans," she said Friday night. "I suppose if somebody calls and says I have to have you in this race, and if the money was right, I would probably do it. I say 40 is the new 20. I honestly believe that. My body responds that way. At 40, I don't care how old I am, my goal is to win the race. I'm willing to pull every muscle in my body to get to that finish."

Devers did not compete in 2005. In 2006, after training for only a month, she competed in the Millrose Games and finished fourth -- about seven months after giving birth.

At the press conference, she also talked about how she would like to create modeling and fashion opportunities for Carruthers and about the coaching dynamic with her pupil.

"My intention was when Danielle [Carruthers] came to me and said I want what you have -- longevity in the sport -- I told my husband I have to take her on," she said. "I pick her to be the next [star], to be here forever. She's learning patience. She is like me. She wants everything yesterday."

Earlier, Carruthers said of Devers, "This is my sensei, I am grasshopper."  

Caruthers, the 2005 U.S. indoor champion in the 60-meter hurdles, is learning to separate the congenial and competitive elements of their relationship.

"We warmed up together, just like practice," Carruthers said of Friday's race. "But when we get on the line, it's sudden death. It's war."

Millrose marks Greene's last race of season: If the Millrose Games was a war, then Maurice Greene was wounded in battle. Greene, who didn't compete last year, ran barely half of the 60-meters before falling in a race for the first time in his career. He said he is feeling only lingering soreness from the fall.

He also said will not compete in any more indoor meets this year.  

"That was the only indoor meet I was going to compete in," he wrote. "Now I'm going back to training and get ready for outdoors. I got what I needed out of that meet, just to get my competitive energy going again and now that I have it I can't wait until I hit the track again. I feel like the rest of the year will be good. My first 100-meters will be under 10.00 this year."

Webb to search for redemption in Arkansas: Alan Webb, a decorated distance favorite, will attempt to recover from a disappointing fourth place finish in the Wanamaker Mile by competing this weekend in the 3,000 meters at the Tyson's Invitational in Arkansas. He initially had entered the mile, but, according to Webb's coach Scott Raczko, they believed the change will benefit him from an "overdistance" race.

That benefit will be essential to bounce back from what Webb told the Washington Post was a "mental breakdown" in the Millrose race, which he finished in 4:04.86 -- this after running an indoor personal best of 3:55.18 at the Boston Indoor Games.

In the Tyson race, Webb is scheduled to face Irishman Alistair Craig, the European indoor champion at 3,000 meters and a former runner with the University of Arkansas. American Chris Lukezic, Webb's training partner who finished third in the Wanamaker Mile, also will compete.

Lagat follows fifth victory with Karlsruhe event: Bernard Lagat, who won his fifth Millrose Wanamaker Mile on Friday, will compete in an LBBW indoor meet Sunday in Karlsruhe, Germany, one of two IAAF indoor meets this weekend in Europe. The other is the Reunion Internacional Atletismo in Valencia, Spain, which is part of the IAAF indoor Grand Prix circuit. The meet will be broadcast on WCSN.com.

Lagat had considered running in the Tyson meet this weekend, but opted instead for the Germany meet to compete in a 1,000-meter race.

"We wanted to get him here in Europe as soon as possible to avoid jet lag before the next meet in Birmingham, [England]," James Templeton, Lagat's agent, said. "One-thousand meters is a bit short for him, but he should be quite relaxed."

Templeton added that Lagat, the indoor 3,000 meter world champion in 2004, hopes to run an American record in that event at the Norwich Union Grand Prix in Birmingham on Feb. 17. The Birmingham indoor meet will be Lagat's last indoor competition in 2007. There is no indoor world championships meet scheduled this year.

Offline meltay789

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2007, 04:29:51 AM »
china has some really good runners

Offline meowchi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2007, 07:24:00 PM »
^ Yeah, long distance runners, the same thing w/ Japan... Don't see too many Asian sprinters in major competitions though...

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2007, 03:18:22 AM »
YOU COULD BE THE FIRST MEOWI!!

Just gotta beef up on some of that caterpillar penis or whatever The Chinese long distance runners eat lmao

LOOK OUT!! The SEA (Southeast Asian Games) is in Bangkok this December, guys are gonna be training and Liu Xiang keeps rolling:

Liu clocked 7.42 seconds and broke the Asian record to score a sweet revenge to his arch rival Dayron Robles of Cuba, who beat him earlier February in Stuttgart.

If he goes for sprinting, maybe he could kick a little ass?

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Beat Crusaders - Capa-City