JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rainie Yang - Lang Lai Le

Author Topic: Saga of the Kings: Reinassance  (Read 41789 times)

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Re: Saga of the Kings - Chapter 1
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 09:25:19 AM »
Wow this is toooooo good. I was guessing who the girls were and just when I thought I got em right, I read the other comments and realized maybe I wasn't that right after all XD Please update soon. Everyone wants to find out!

Offline ChrNo

• 「72::29::66」
  • Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 03:10:21 PM »
 :lol:

wow already on page 2, this fic is really popular nee~

gotta comment on that one, because there is MIYA wooo~

still love your misleading ending of chap  XD

can't wait for what coming next hu hu hu hu

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2008, 03:21:53 PM »
it's awesomely awesome though i have no idea who is who  :lol:

Offline katatsumuri

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 01:47:16 AM »
Awesome story, writing, everything~ and it's only chapter 1   :w00t:

Offline lonewind

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~Yankee Love <3~
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 05:57:27 PM »
 :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: HOLY COW  :cow: this fic is REALLY GOOD!!! Intense right from the start!!! I hope you continue!!

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Re: Saga of the Kings
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2008, 04:05:47 PM »
Thanks for the comments everyone. There's nothing else that can inspire a writer to do better than knowing that the readers enjoyed his/her work.

I'd like to reply to all of you but I'm not really good at it. I'll just try my best to answer any of your speculations or questions with the chapter instead.

Not really spoilers, but here are some things you can expect as the story progresses:

- those rumors in the prologue, most of them are true
- the reason why the city was named such
- side chapters dedicated to a King's history/background
- who created the runeswords
- appearance of almost all the H!P girls (or maybe some JPH!P members too XD)
- treachery
- and a really big plot twist no one will see coming

Here is chapter 2. Enjoy. :)

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Saga of the Kings - Chapter 2
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2008, 04:13:28 PM »
Chapter 2
========

Miyabi's whole body was shaking. She couldn't describe the emotions that were rushing out. It was a mixture of joy, anger and envy.

Joy because she found the missing princess.

Anger because someone was doing something to her.

Envy because she wished that she was that someone.

And she wished she had the same legs as the princess…

"Airi."

"Ahhh! I think I'm dreaming! I can hear Miya's voice…"

"Airi."

"She will surely give me a long lecture if she finds out…"

"Airi."

"You know, you're quite heavier than her. I know because sometimes when Miya gets drunk she… "

"W-what the?! A-Airi?!!!"

"Ah? Miya? How long have you been there?"

"Long enough."

The princess reacted by pushing her savior off her body. She didn't realize that her legs were stopping the person on top of from getting off.

"G-get off. Get off her!" Miyabi said as she drew her sword and pointed it on the other girl's head.

"What if I don't?"

Miyabi answered by thrusting her sword. The other girl parried it with her arm but her bracers prevented the blade from cutting her. But that was enough to get her off Airi.

"Are your legs....I mean, I mean, are you alright, Airi?" asked Miyabi as she checked on the princess. First thing she did was to roll her trousers back down to her ankles. She hesitated a bit, since that was the first time she saw the princess' legs up close and in all their glory. Second thing she did was wipe away the drool at the side of her lips.

"We weren't doing anything...wrong. I hurt my foot and she was just...she was just..."

"Yeah." answered Miyabi, who noticed the slight redness on Airi's cheeks. "It's not wrong if you're enjoying it, right?"

"How dare you!"

It was too late.

She didn't mean to, but the princess slapped her tardy knight. Regret continued to haunt her when she saw the joy in Miyabi's eyes. And a couple of wounds she received for fighting a chimera.

"I...I'm sorry."

"I don't know what I'm going to do if something happened to you, Airi."

"I'm sorry!

"I was...I was so worried about you. Why did you leave the camp?" Miyabi asked as she wiped away some tears that escaped her eyes. She wanted to hug her, but she promised herself not to show any affection to Airi except being her sister, her knight.

And her servant.

"Miya!"

But Airi thought otherwise.

Born the daughter of the Royal Kinghts' captain, Miyabi was the only friend Airi grew up with. They would often be together in classes that teach them how to be lady-like, but Miyabi wasn't very keen on that. She skipped most of those classes and watched as the knights trained. She wanted to be a knight, just like her father. Miyabi's boyish demeanor slowly attracted the princess, who was not allowed to talk to boys until her engagement. She looked up to Miya. Not as a servant, not just a knight, not even as a sister.

It was something more.

But she couldn't admit it to Miyabi. She was afraid because she knew that Miyabi doesn't feel the same. Miyabi doesn't even want to get hugged by her.

Except this time.

"Y-you haven't answered my question yet." Miyabi told her.

"Some of the children...they said they wanted to eat some fruits. I thought I'd go out and looks for some."

"You could have asked me to do that."

"I didn't want to bother your training."

"I told you before that I will do anything you ask me to do."

"Then just shut up and hug me back, will you?"

Airi didn't need to be a princess to make Miyabi do that. Not at all.

"A-Airi."

"What is it?"

"You need a bath. Seriously."

"Only if you take one with me."

*ehem* "So, are you two lovers of some sort?" the third girl who was quietly observing them asked.

Airi and Miyabi looked at each other, blushed, before they answered her question.

"NO!"

"Awww. It's a shame. You two are a cute pair. Anyway, it's getting dark. You two should go back home. More of these beasts are roaming in these woods." she said as she pointed at the carcass of the chimera. She prepared to leave but Miyabi stopped her.

"Wait!" she said as she drew out her sword. "You work for High-King, don't you? Were you sent here to spy on us?"
"High-King? Who is that?"
"Don't play dumb! That cloak, and your armor. It's just like what those Hands wear!"
"You're right. That armor looks kind of familiar. I know I've seen it before." added Airi.
"Hands? My hands aren't wearing anything." the girl answered as she flashed arms. "I'm not wearing any gloves."
"Fool! I wasn't talking about your hands! I was talking about the Hands, the warriors of High-King."
"You're confusing me. High-King? Hands? I don't know any of them."
"Who are you then?"
"I...I am...I don't know. I was hoping that one of you would know me. But I guess not."
"Liar!"

"Maimi." Airi interrupted.

"Maimi?" Miyabi and the other girl asked her.
"That's what's written on her pendant." answered Airi as she pointed at the aforementioned ornament. "It says Maimi."
"Maimi huh."
"Maimi...Maybe that is my name." pondered the tall girl. "Not bad. Okay, you can call me Maimi."
"If you don't work for High-King, what are you doing here in woods anyway?"
"I...I don't remember. When I woke up a few days ago, I found myself here. Then earlier, I saw fang girl trapped and was about to be attacked by this beast."
"F-Fang girl?! I've got a name you know!" snapped Airi, who was obviously not happy with name she was called. She caught Miya giggling and stared at her with a raised eyebrow. Miyabi regained her composure and went back to business.

"So it was you who has been killing those chimeras. But looks like you don't have a lot of wounds. I haven't faced a chimera that hasn't wounded me yet." Miyabi asked as she returned her sword back into it sheath.
"Maybe I'm that good. But really, I don't know. I don't remember anything."
"I see. If you don't mind, can I have a look at your sword?"
"Sure."

Maimi tossed her blade, still in its sheath, in front of Miya. It didn't make a sound when it hit the ground which baffled the other two.

Miyabi tried to lift it but to her shock, she couldn't even make it budge. Airi tried to help her but even the two of them weren't able to lift it.

"What's the matter?" Maimi asked.
"You're asking us 'what's the matter'? How can you carry something this heavy on your back?!" answered Miya.
"Heavy? It's not heavy." said Maimi as she approached them. She picked up her blade with one hand and swung it in the air like it was made of wood. "See?"
"Oookay. I've heard about those kinds of swords, swords that have souls and choose their owners. It's the first time I've ever seen one though. Where did you get that?"
"I just found it beside me when I woke up. I didn't pick it up but it was following me. Even if I tried to run, it was always a few steps behind me."
"A haunted sword? That's creepy!" said Airi.
"Of course it'll follow you. There's a thin wire attached on the sheath and it's tied to your bracer!" Miya pointed. She even yanked on it to prove that the wire existed.
"Oh? Oh yeah! What sharp eyes you have!" Maimi told her. "I think we'll get along pretty well."
"Im not sure if I can get along with a spy." snapped Miyabi.
"I already told you. I'm not a spy. I don't even know who I am."
"I think she's telling the truth Miya. She really has no idea who she is."
"You think so? I remember last time we followed your intuition, we almost got eaten by dragons. We should leave her here so she can kill more chimeras."
"You don't like her huh?"
"Yeah. She touched your legs."
"What?"
"I mean, I don't trust her enough. I still think she's a spy."
"We should take her to camp so the doctors can take a good look at her. And maybe Seer Natsumi could take a look at her." Airi whispered. "Maybe she's the prophecy she's been talking about all this time."
"I can't believe that you actually think that someone will come out of nowhere and destroy High-King."
"So I'm not allowed to hope now?" pouted Airi.
"That's not what I'm trying to say. We're not kids anymore. You should think more realistically. We don't live in a fairy tale world."
"Look who's talking, 'Miss I'm going to ride a unicorn someday'. I think you're just jealous because she got here first and was the one who saved me!"
"If that's what you think, then I can't do anything about it! Oh, and unicorns are real."
"Fine! I'm not going to tell you anything from now on!"
"You'll talk to me when you see me riding my unicorn!"

"I find it really adorable when you two are fighting. Maybe it's because I expect to find you hugging and kissing when you're done." Maimi interrupted. "Anyway, I'll go on ahead."

"Wait, Maimi." Miyabi told her. "Do you have any place to go?"
"No."
"Where do you sleep then?"
"I just climb a tall tree then sleep on top. That way, those beasts won't be able to attack me when I'm sleeping."
"Y-you should go back to camp with us, at least for today. So I can thank you for saving Fang gi.., I mean Airi. And so the doctors can take a look at your wounds. You could use a bath too, you smell worse than Airi." Miya told her.

Airi hugged her from behind and whispered thank you.

*shiff* *sniff* "I think it's because I sweat a lot."
"Yeah. So let's get going."
"Miya, I have a problem. I sprained my ankle. I can't walk." Airi said.
"I'll carry you on my back." Maimi volunteered.
"No! I'll carry her on my back!" Miya said.
"But can you do it?" said Maimi. "She's taller than you."
"No she's not!"
"Yes I am!" joked Airi.
"..."

"We're just kidding Miya." Airi told her as she patted her back. "Right, Maimi?"

"No I'm not. I'm telling her the truth. And she's flat-chested too. A bit."

"That's it!" Miyabi shouted as she drew out her sword. "Here I am, doing my best to help you and you keep on testing my temper...I don't care if you work for High-King or not or if you have amnesia whatsoever! You're going too far!"
"Oooh! Quite a hothead we have here. If you want a fight, I'll give you a good one!"
"Stop it you two!" said Airi who went in between them. "I'm sure she didn't mean that. Stop provoking her, Maimi!"

Miyabi still didn't withdraw her sword.

"Miya. Please."
"Very well. If you want to settle it this way..."

Maimi was about to draw her sword too but without any warning, she ran as fast as she could towards Miya and pushed her aside.

"Ouch! What was that for?!" Miyabi asked as she threw some soil at Maimi. "What the hell was that for?!!!"
"Why did you do that Maimi?" asked Airi. "Miya hasn't done anything to you!"
"If I didn't do that, she would have been dead." answered Maimi.
"What are you talking about?!"

Maimi turned around.

She was holding a dagger in both of her hands.

And there was another one that pierced her chest piece...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 02:43:49 AM by wordsworth »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline ayase909

• I'm A Tomo-Holic dechu!
  • Member+
  • miya-airi rabu-rabu
Re: Saga of the Kings - Chapter 2
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »
i like both, miya and maimi....my favorites in HP! that's why i dont want to see them bicker with each other,,,or worse, maimi, making fun of miya.....well, i really like miya than maimi..... and the miya airi thing..... :hehehe:

Offline ChrNo

• Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2008, 08:01:39 PM »
hu hu hu hu the princess is Airi ~
and her prince charming is Miya hu hu hu  first fic about AirixMiya ? kukuku

Anger because someone was doing something to her.

And she wished she had the same legs as the princess…
:grin:

"She will surely give me a long lecture if she finds out…"

"Airi."

"You know, you're quite heavier than her. I know because sometimes when Miya gets drunk she… "
what's Maimi doing to her exactly ? XD

She didn't mean to, but princess slapped her tardy knight.
awwww

Born the daughter of the Royal Kinghts' captain, Miyabi was the only friend Airi grew up with. They would often be together in classes that teach them how to be lady-like, but Miyabi wasn't very keen on that. She skipped most of those classes and watched as the knights trained. She wanted to be a knight, just like her father. Miyabi's boyish demeanor slowly attracted the princess, who was not allowed to talk to boys until her engagement. She looked up to Miya. Not as a servant, not just a knight, not even as a sister.

It was something more.

But she couldn't admit it to Miyabi. She was afraid because she knew that Miyabi doesn't feel the same. Miyabi doesn't even want to get hugged by her.
so Airi chan does have something about Miya hu hu hu hu

:grin:

:rofl:
how to break a romantic moment way to go Miya XD

"I...I don't remember. When I woke up a few days ago, I found myself here. Then earlier, I saw fang girl trapped and was about to be attacked by this beast."
"F-Fang girl?! I've got a name you know!" snapped Airi, who was obviously not happy with name she was called. She caught Miya giggling and stared at her with a raised eyebrow. Miyabi regained her composure and went back to business.
lol fang girl XD at least she didn't say vampire !

"I find it really adorable when you two are fighting. Maybe it's because I expect to find you hugging and kissing when you're done."
so do i oh yeah  :lol:

"No I'm not. I'm telling her the truth. And she's flat-chested too. A bit."
LMFAO

she ran as fast as she could towards Miya and pushed her aside.

"Ouch! What was that for?!" Miyabi asked as she threw some soil at Maimi. "What the hell was that for?!!!"
"Why did you do that Maimi?" asked Airi. "Miya hasn't done anything to you!"

Maimi turned around.

dum dum !!!!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2008, 08:52:31 PM »
Miyabi's whole body was shaking. She couldn't describe the emotions that were rushing out. It was a mixture of joy, anger and envy.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo...Miyabi raburabus the princess!  :w00t:

"Ahhh! I think I'm dreaming! I can hear Miya's voice…"

"Airi."
K, mental note. The princess is Airi, not Socko as previously surmised. :P

"W-what the?! A-Airi?!!!"

"Ah? Miya? How long have you been there?"

"Long enough."
Airi = :bingo:
Miyabi = :shock:
Airi = :OMG:
Miyabi = :mon annoy:

"Are your legs....I mean, I mean, are you alright, Airi?" asked Miyabi as she checked on the princess. First thing she did was to roll her trousers back down to her ankles. She hesitated a bit, since that was the first time she saw the princess' legs up close and in all their glory. Second thing she did was wipe away the drool at the side of her lips.
:lol:

"It's not wrong if you're enjoying it, right?"
"How dare you!"

It was too late.

She didn't mean to, but princess slapped her tardy knight.
:scared:

"I was...I was so worried about you. Why did you leave the camp?" Miyabi asked as she wiped away some tears that escaped her eyes. She wanted to hug her, but she promised herself not to show any affection to Airi except being her sister, her knight.

And her servant.
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait..........sister?  Okay, you mean metaphorically speaking, right? It would make the whole previous "raburabu" assertion really messed-up otherwise.:shocked:

Miyabi's boyish demeanor slowly attracted the princess, who was not allowed to talk to boys until her engagement. She looked up to Miya. Not as a servant, not just a knight, not even as a sister.

It was something more.
Whoa boy.  :O

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww...
:pen_cry:

"Y-you haven't answered my question yet." Miyabi told her.

"Some of the children...they said they wanted to eat some fruits. I thought I'd go out and looks for some."

"You could have asked me to do that."

"I didn't want to bother your training."

Such loyalty.
:mon cute:

Damn straight, HUG HER ALREADYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
:pleeease:

"A-Airi."

"What is it?"

:on lol:

"Only if you take one with me."
Oh............my...
:stunned:

"Who are you then?"
"I...I am...I don't know. I was hoping that one of you would know me. But I guess not."
"Liar!"

"Maimi." Airi interrupted.
Oh yeah, called it. :rockon:

"That's what's written on her pendant." answered Airi as she pointed at the aforementioned ornament. "It says Maimi."
Airi must've gotten a really good, up-close look at it when Maimi was...*ahem*...massaging her leg.  :oops:

"If you don't work for High-King, what are you doing here in woods anyway?"
FANG GIRL!!! :rofl:

I don't remember anything."
"I see. If you don't mind, can I have a look at your sword?"
"Sure."

Maimi tossed her blade, still in its sheath, in front of Miya. It didn't make a sound when it hit the ground which baffled the other two.

Miyabi tried to lift it but to her shock, she couldn't even make it budge. Airi tried to help her but even the two of them weren't able to lift it.
Ah, the runeswords can only be wielded by members of High-King, I presume? Is it because of the metal/material used to forge the sword? Do the swords have some type of spell cast on them to prevent anyone else from using them against High-King?

I've heard about those kinds of swords, swords that have souls and choose their owners. It's the first time I've ever seen one though. Where did you get that?"
"I just found it beside me when I woke up. I didn't pick it up but it was following me. Even if I tried to run, it was always a few steps behind me."
"A haunted sword? That's creepy!" said Airi.
:hip blink:

"Of course it'll follow you. There's a thin wire attached on the sheath and it's tied to your bracer!" Miya pointed. She even yanked on it to prove that the wire existed.
"Oh? Oh yeah! What sharp eyes you have!" Maimi told her.
Oh geez...
:mon lmao:

Smart move though, when you think about it. Can't really lose a sword if you're strung up to it.

"You don't like her huh?"
"Yeah. She touched your legs."
"What?"
"I mean, I don't trust her enough. I still think she's a spy."
Careful Miyabi, Airi will see that your eyes are turning green. :D

"We should take her to camp so the doctors can take a good look at her. And maybe Seer Natsumi could take a look at her."
Nacchi's an oracle!!!  :w00t:

Airi whispered. "Maybe she's the prophecy she's been talking about all this time."
"I can't believe that you actually think that someone will come out of nowhere and destroy High-King."
A prophecy that High-King will be destroyed? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

This has something to do with all the men being killed off, doesn't it?  Sort of like how in Macbeth they had the "thou shalt not be killed by any man of woman born" thing, where Macbeth ends up being killed by Macduff, who "technically" wasn't born because his mom had to have a cesarean when he was a baby. O0

"I find it really adorable when you two are fighting. Maybe it's because I expect to find you hugging and kissing when you're done." Maimi interrupted.
They DO sort of sound like an old, married couple when they argue, don't they? :P

"Wait, Maimi." Miyabi told her. "Do you have any place to go?"
"No."
"Where do you sleep then?"
"I just climb a tall tree then sleep on top. That way, those beasts won't be able to attack me when I'm sleeping."
"Y-you should go back to camp with us, at least for today. So I can thank you for saving Fang gi.., I mean Airi. And so the doctors can take a look at your wounds.
Hmmm...now how will Miyabi "thank" Maimi, I wonder?

This can either lead to something really good, or something REALLY bad.

You could use a bath too, you smell worse than Airi." Miya told her.
:wahaha:

"Miya, I have a problem. I sprained my ankle. I can't walk." Airi said.
"I'll carry you on my back." Maimi volunteered.
"No! I'll carry her on my back!" Miya said.
"But can you do it?" said Maimi. "She's taller than you."
Well, if we're sticking to how tall the girls are in real life.....yeah....Airi's a bit taller. It's still sweet gesture for Miyabi to do.
:mon sweat:

And she's flat-chested too. A bit."
:stunned:

Quick, take cover!

Maimi was about to draw her sword too but without any warning, she ran as fast as she could towards Miya and pushed her aside.

Oi!
:angry1:

Maimi turned around.

:mon scare:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2008, 01:40:02 AM »
Aww how cute; the princess and her knight in love. :heart:

Ooh, nice to see Nacchi in the story too. Wonder if Maimi will say she is that prophesized person.

This has something to do with all the men being killed off, doesn't it?  Sort of like how in Macbeth they had the "thou shalt not be killed by any man of woman born" thing, where Macbeth ends up being killed by Macduff, who "technically" wasn't born because his mom had to have a cesarean when he was a baby.
Or like how the Witch-King of Nazgul cannot be killed by man and is killed by a woman. XD
*I am a dork. The Macbeth example sounds so much more sophisticated. lol*

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2008, 03:43:14 AM »
Aww... Miya and Airi. :wub: Ah, and there's Nacchi, too! This'll be interesting...

Maimi turned around.

:OMG:

Offline rokun

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2008, 08:59:51 AM »
Oooh yay! I can get my MiyAiri fix somewhere again! You're gonna keep that pairing up, right? right?! I'm a bit suspicious about Maimi being in the mix... Anyway, for now at least it's good. :D Now I won't have to worry about it as much in my story. :P Then again, knowing you, I'll be surprised if Risako doesn't show up at some point too... though then again, you've not always been one for the traditional pairings, or much in the way of pairings at all really... Curious where this will go. Knowing you again, I have suspicions about where the men are and what they might be doing... :on blackhole:

Anyway, I have a feeling that dagger in Maimi's chest isn't going to end up being that big a deal... since she's obviously somewhat superhuman or such (or maybe just has good armor). Prophecy, huh. You'd probably think at this point that the one spoken of in the prophecy is Maimi, but I have doubts about that... "Coming from nowhere". Hmm...

Gonna be interesting to see what Maimi does with whatever group Miya and Airi are involved with.

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2008, 01:40:14 PM »
Oh my, more action~ :lol:
this chap is cute~  :P

wait the last part is cool! now wat happens next?

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »
Duh, I'm really late. It's already chapter 2 :D Anyway, awesome new fic!
Aww, I thought the princess really yuuka T_T It's ok, maybe she will be in the later chapter :P What has maimi done to airi, anyway?

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline slasha

• Member+
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2008, 10:59:44 PM »
Lol Maimi and Miya are fighting over Airi

I wonder if Maimi will get her memory back

I also wonder who stabbed that dagger into her

Offline Maimi_Yajima

• Member+
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2008, 06:24:22 PM »
OH !!!!!!!!!!! :hee:
 :on cny2: :on cloudeye:Sorry for not posting with time! :on cny1:
Gomene..... :on cloudeye:     :mon whimper: :mon pray2:
I hope...
 I apologize for not posting with time.
I had many tasks in the college!   :mon study: :mon study: :mon study: :on study:
You know it.   :mon whimper: :mon trannie:  :mon whimper:
BUT!!!!!  :mon dance:

This chapter is too interesting and fun! :bingo: :farofflook:

but!!!!  :hee:
I'm very excited about its history! :luvluv2: :nya:

I look forward with great enthusiasm your next update! :farofflook: :hee: :luvluv1:

I guess the next chapter will take action and combat. :mon zoom: :mon zoom: :mon zoom:
this chapter  is on hold ....
That makes me think that the third chapter will be full of action!
I think Maimi have a little hurt. :on kimbo:
I think  maimi is hurt. :mon slapself:
was hurt by those daggers, For saving the lives of Miyabi. :mon taichi:

An unknown save the lives of an unknown.
And that can only be seen in the stories hehehe!

Prophecies! :gmon tears: :mon curtain: :mon wtfmm: :mon wtf:
Prophecy is always interesting to read about them!  :mon evillaff: :mon thumb:
I was delighted to see a prophecy in this story!
The oracle is Abe-san !!!!!! :on woohoo: That's a good detail!  :mon angel: :mon thumb:

The oracle is Abe-san !!!!!! :mon thumb: :mon lovelaff:
That's a good detail! :mon thumb:
Now that the "Club of the Elder" will graduate at least it will be nice for   read these stories of them! :mon hanky: :mon hanky:

If the girl is Maimi of the prophecies!
It will be more interesting to read!
I am happy to read a story of Maimi where she is a main character!
It's so nice to read stories where maimi is the main character.

A story full of betrayal ...
That is  very intriguing in his history!

Miyabi.
I like the style that is developing in it.
A gentleman of honor!!
she wants to be like his father!
That is admired!

I am not a follower of Miya but ...
I find it enjoyable  read of she.

Maimi and Miyabi friends. :mon dunno:
That's interesting. :mon fyeah:

Airi ... :mon noprob:
It is very kawaiii in these chapters! :shy2:

Good wishes for your next chapter! :mon thumb: :mon money:
I hope that you will reveal more about High King and her warriors!

strong and fearsome warriors High King.
And the leader of the High King has to be scary and cruel!
The leader of the High King has to be very astute and intelligent and ambitious!
I imagine that in this way is the leader of the High King ... :smoke:
but ...
Maybe this wrong! :kneelbow:
ne?

uM ... :mon huh:
Tanaka is the leader of the High King ... :mon determined:
began to suspect that she is the girl who inducted to Maimi. :mon geek:

" a look can say more than words" and " a look can even denude the heart"

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Saga of the Kings - Chapter 3
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2008, 04:18:41 PM »
Chapter 3
========

Maimi tossed aside the daggers she caught and pulled out the other that impaled her. Her chestpiece prevented the wound from being lethal but it was able to cut her skin. It wasn't deep but Maimi dropped on one of her knees.

"Tsk. These daggers were dipped in basilisk blood. Anyone who gets a direct hit from it will die. Twice." she thought. "My heart beat is no longer normal…"

"A-are you alright?" asked Miyabi as she rushed to her aid. "Can you get up?"
"I will be fine." answered Maimi as she slowly got back on her feet. "I'll buy you two some time. I'll take care of them."
"We can't leave you here!" Airi said.
"Yeah! I want to know who threw those daggers at me!" added Miyabi.

"They were never intended for you, dear." a voice from the shadows said. "You were in the way, making me miss a target from one hundred meters...for the first time. One out of three daggers finding its mark is bad in my standards. But I was expecting that since the one I'm trying to kill is a Ki..."

"She tried to kill you from that distance? Come on, that's impossible!" said Airi.

"You don't believe me? Then what are those things headed for your face?"

Airi didn't have a clue but Maimi knew what the voice was talking about. She went in front of Airi and deflected another set of daggers with the sheath of her sword. Airi ignored the pain on her foot and scampered for cover behind Miyabi.

"Bleh! I guess I need to remove my blindfold now. No more games. I don't want to miss again..."

"Who are you?" asked Maimi as she prepared to fight. "Show yourself!"

"You don't need to know. And I don't give my name to people I'm about to kill."

"That distance...blindfold...someone who can kill you even if she's not looking...could it be...Crosshair Turtle?" guessed Miyabi.

"Oh. Looks like I have a fan here. You are correct. I am Crosshair Turtle. I can understand why she was able to catch the daggers and why the poison didn't kill her in an instant but to be able to still stand... It amazes me. She should at least be paralyzed by now!"

"I wasn't expecting someone from the Hands in our area. They must be investigating why the number of chimeras dwindled."
"S-she's one of High-Kings Hands?" asked Airi.
"Not just an ordinary hand. She's belongs to Straight Flush! She's one of the elite!" answered Miyabi.
"You know her name and you accuse me of being a spy? Nice going!" said Maimi.
"I just heard stories about her from camp. They say that she can even kill you a mile away, or even if you were riding a horse galloping at full speed."
"Hohoho. That's exaggeration, dear. I'm not that good but almost." boasted the Turtle.
"Yeah. If she was that good, we should have been dead already. So that means she's a fluke." replied Airi. "She probably had to try a lot of times before she can hit a target."
"Looks like it. And her name is pretty lame don't you think?" said Miyabi.

Maimi, Airi and Miya started laughing while the person who was the subject of their laughter joined them.

"...and her name sounds like food." added Airi. "Not scary at all."

"Hahaha. I have to agree with you on tha... wait, were we just laughing at my name?! Stop laughing at my name! It's not nice!"

By saying that, she only made their laughter louder.

"She's a bit slow too..." Miyabi whispered to her two companions.

"I heard that!"

"Her ears must be big for her to hear us at that distance." added Maimi.

"Very well! Mock me all you want. Now you know my name, I'll make sure I get credited for your deaths..."

Their enemy stopped talking and the only sound they could hear now was the rustling of the leaves.

Maimi and Miyabi looked around and were getting ready for anything that was going to happen. Airi hid behind one of the trees not far from them.

"Are you sure you can still fight? Your legs are wobbly." asked Miyabi as she noticed that Maimi couldn't keep her ground.
"It's the poison. But I can manage. When I give you the signal, take Airi and get out of here. I'm the one they're after."
"They? You mean there's someone else?"
"Yes. I can feel her presence. She is close, unlike the turtle. But there are only two of them. I can take them both."
"Don't act so tough. I know the poison has spread because you've been sweating a lot."
"That's normal."
"Oh yeah. Your lips turning blue must be another sign."
"Fine. I'll take care of Turtle. You handle the other one…But if you can avoid her, the better. I'm counting on you."
"I'm counting on you too."
"Let's do this!"

Maimi ran at full speed to the east. Miyabi was about to run to where Airi was hiding, but she saw Airi running towards her.

"Let's get out of here!" she said.

"That's what I was going to say. By the way, I thought your foot was hurt?"

"It is? Oh yeah, ouch, ouch!" said Airi as she dropped on the ground and started holding her ankle. "It still hurts!"

"Alright, alright. Get on my back." Miyabi told her as she turned around and knelt in front of her.

Airi knew what she had to do.  She climbed on Miyabi's back and held on tight.

Miyabi had an idea of how Airi weighs so she was certain that she could carry her with ease. But when she was about to stand up, she noticed that Airi was a bit heavier. She also noticed something different.

With Airi on her back, Miyabi walked a few steps...before tossing her back to the ground, face first.

"Ouch! What was that for?!"

"You...You're not Airi! What did you do to her?!" Miyabi asked as she drew her sword and pointed it at Airi's, or rather, someone she thought who wasn't Airi's face.

"W-what are you talking about? It's me!"

"You thought I wouldn't notice? Airi was too hurt to walk yet you came to me running and...and...you...you smell like flowers. You are definitely not Airi!"

"Heeheehee. Of course. I don't smell like rotten milk spilled over a carpet." the impostor said as she smirked. "Good thing my face didn't get scratched. That would have cost you an eye."

"Where is she?!"

Before her face could get hit by the Miyabi's sword, the imposter parried it with her own sword then hopped a few steps back to create some distance between them.

"If something happens to her, I'll, I'll..."

"She's fine. Look."

The imposter pointed behind Miyabi. Airi was there alright, tied to a tree and unconscious.

"Don't worry about her. She's still alive. But you won't be when she wakes up..."

The one who was dressed as Airi stood up and removed a thin veil in front of her, revealing her true self.

She was pretty, too pretty to be a warrior. She was wearing a lighter set of armor compared to what Maimi wore but it covered everything except her face. It was shiny enough that Miyabi could see herself like she was looking at a mirror. And it was pink, of all colors.

Her long, black hair was darker than the night, but not as dark as her heart. Her nearly flawless complexion and the noticeable mole near her chin gave Miyabi an impression that she was someone who has never touched a weapon before. But it also told her that perhaps she didn't need any. Because her beauty was the only weapon she needed.

"Who are you?"

"Hmmm. So my partner is more famous than me. Very well, it's the first time someone has seen my real face before anyway. They call me Mimic Rabbit. Nice to meet you."

"You can copy peoples faces so you can catch them unaware and kill them when they least expect it..."

"Not really copy their faces. You see my armor can refract light and it can make illusions. That genius Asami back home made this. Pretty neat huh?"

"I don't care what it can do. It's not going to be of any help when I defeat you!"

"You underestimate me. But you are right, I’m not really adept with hand to hand combat but I'm pretty decent with a sword. I can't recall the last time I used it but I guess now is the time I use it again..." she said as she released her swords from its sheath.

"How come your sword is pink?" asked Miyabi. The unusual color has been bugging her the moment she saw Rabbit's armor. "And who gives you all those lame names?"

"No need to know. You have other things more important to know that that. Like..."

She was not yet finished talking but Miyabi already started to attack. She was caught with a punch in the face but Miyabi wasn't able to follow up after that for Rabbit swung her sword wildly, driving her away.

Rabbit then inspected how much damage she received. She flashed her palm on her face and she saw blood. Her lips were bleeding.

"Do you know what you just did?!"
"I punched you."
"You didn't have to answer that!"
"But you asked me so I answered!"
"Tch. Never mind. You are going to die!"
"Not if you die first!"

Miyabi acted quickly and ran as fast as she could towards her enemy. Rabbit swung her sword but Miyabi was able to duck under. Without any defense, she left herself vulnerable to any of Miyabi's attacks.

Miyabi didn't let that opportunity slip, as she plunged her sword into Rabbit's midsection. The wounded assassin backed a few steps before falling on the ground, seemingly lifeless.

"I...defeated an elite!" she kept telling herself.

Thinking that the fight was over, Miyabi was about to put her sword back into its cover when the Rabbit started to speak.

"You're fast. I like that."
"You should give up. You can't fight in that condition." Miyabi told her.
"You think you already won? It's not over, dear." she said before her body shattered like glass.

Miyabi knew what she meant by that. She prepared to fight once more for Rabbit was standing in front of her.

And there were five of them.

She thought that she was able to kill her, but now Miyabi faced a small army of Mimic Rabbits.

"Another of your illusions?" Miyabi asked. "I doubt if they can hurt me."

"You should find out yourself..."

One of Rabbit's copies started to attack Miyabi. But like the original, she was slow and missed her target. She also left herself vulnerable once more.

"Easy!" said a confident Miyabi for she never expected that her tactic earlier would work again.

She thrust her sword on the copy, not expecting another of Rabbit's copied to block her sword with its own.

Another of the copies was preparing to attack her from above but Miyabi activated the hidden shield from her gauntlet, protecting her from the attempt.

She was able to hold her ground against two, but when the five copies of Mimic Rabbit attacked simultaneously, she was overwhelmed. Even if Rabbit's attacks were slow, it was coming from all angles. Dodging and blocking it was going to tire her out and Miyabi knew that. She also knew that the real Rabbit was one of the five and she was trying to figure out which one. She felt if she catches her, she will be able to stop the other copies from moving.

Finally, she saw the sign she was looking for.

One of the copies had a few drops of blood that stained the pink scarf Rabbit wore around her neck. Miyabi waited for that copy to initiate the attack and when it did, she parried her sword with her shield and struck her throat with the bottom of her sword's handle.

She was right. The other copies shattered while the real Mimic Rabbit gasped for air. She was totally defenseless. Miyabi was in a position to kill her. She raised her sword over her enemies head...

But she hesitated.

"What are you waiting for? It’s your chance to kill me! Do it now!"
"I...No…"
"What?!"
"I'm not like you." Miyabi said as she put down her sword and walked away.
"You're going to regret this!" Rabbit shouted.

Miyabi approached the tree where Airi was and was about to untie her when something struck her on the shoulder.

A butter knife.

Chopsticks.

And a fork.

Those things were buried deep on her shoulders, so deep she wasn't able to pull them out. Her knees gave in as the pain started to spread.

"Sorry. I ran out of daggers so I used what I had left. Now I'll have to eat supper with my hands. Oh well...Oh, and those aren't poisoned so don’t worry. I will have the satisfaction of killing you myself."

"Crosshair Turtle...so Maimi wasn't able to defeat you..."

"Defeat me? Are you kidding? She never even showed her face! She already knew where I was hiding yet she ran to the opposite direction!"

"W-what do you mean?"

"Don't you get it? She used you as bait so she can escape! But we're going to chase her once we're through with you."

"N-no. T-that's not true!"

"That's what you get for trusting someone you barely know!"

"And this is what you get for letting me live!"

Miyabi could no longer respond for all her attention was focused on the pointed end of a pink sword sticking out of her chest...

Turtle started with a giggle.

And Rabbit continued with laughter…

Offline ChrNo

• Member+
  • ノノl∂_∂'ル <gao~
Re: Saga of the Kings - Chapter 3
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2008, 04:37:19 PM »
Turtle and Rabbit ?  :lol: Kamei and Sayu ? hu hu hu  so they are elite !

oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~

Miya is in trouble !!!!  :shocked:

where the hell did Maimi go !

dum dum i sure she will come back to help Miya !!!

i want the next chapter !!! :tama-apeshit:

keep them coming wordy !!!

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
Re: Saga of the Kings - Chapter 3
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2008, 08:08:05 PM »
I'm yanking out my favorite points and commenting this time. Because this chapter was absolutely amazing.

"That distance...blindfold...someone who can kill you even if she's not looking...could it be...Crosshair Turtle?" guessed Miyabi.

...Crosshair Turtle. ...ERI?! :w00t: *reads name again* ... *struggles to hold in laughter*

Maimi, Airi and Miya started laughing while the person who was the subject of their laughter joined them.

"...and her name sounds like food." added Airi. "Not scary at all."

"Hahaha. I have to agree with you on tha... wait, were we just laughing at my name?! Stop laughing at my name! It's not nice!"

By saying that, she only made their laughter louder.

"She's a bit slow too..." Miyabi whispered to her two companions.

"I heard that!"

OMG. *breaks out in laughter* :on lol: Eri...Eri... Oh god. Thank goodness we have a sub today. My teacher would probably wonder what the hell I was laughing about.

She was pretty, too pretty to be a warrior. She was wearing a lighter set of armor compared to what Maimi wore but it covered everything except her face. It was shiny enough that Miyabi could see herself like she was looking at a mirror. And it was pink, of all colors.

...SAYU!!!! XD

Miyabi approached the tree where Airi was and was about to untie her when something struck her on the shoulder.

A butter knife.

Chopsticks.

And a fork.

:on lol: :on lol: OH MY GAH. *completely dies in laughter* Oh god...people are staring now.

Oh my...oh god. My stomach hurts. xD I don't know if this was meant to be serious or funny, but I got a damn good laugh out of it. XD

Okay. Okay. Onto the serious part of the comment. (Well, not really that serious. Whatever...) Sayu's character is really nice - it really isn't expected of her to be much of a fighter. But I must say, I'm loving Eri's skills. Very, very nice. I can't believe Maimi left Miyabi though... I can only hope that she'll come back. And NOES. MIYABI. T___T

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rainie Yang - Lang Lai Le