JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sleep Warp - Emerald

Author Topic: SEARCH [ . C #28 + Epilogue ] 31 December 2011  (Read 43719 times)

Offline alwaysYou

• Aigaki<3 and AiReina<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Defeated by Aichan..Forever Lovely Aichan..<3
Re: SEARCH [ . C #20 ] 28 October 2011
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »
forensic license suspended for life
will she be able to get back her license if the truth is out?

"Mama had gotten your this lady over here to look after you when Mama's busy at work."
EHHHHHHHHHHHHH? lady?!?!?!
shouldnt the sentence be ""Mama had gotten your this thing over here to look after you when Mama's busy at work." "  :lol: XD :P

"Fujimoto-san and I were talking about Takahashi-san this afternoon. She's such a weird person, always acting that she's a real person of justice and impartial right before us and now it turns out that she has a criminal record. How ironic is that, don't you think so, Eri? " Eri frowned at the statement made by Sayumi. "I think we are off better than her. Though we do not have a speciality degree like what she had nor have high authority level, at least we had better EQ as compared to her, and no criminal records." The frown on Eri's forehead deepened as Sayumi continued. "Fujimoto-san and I were wondering that if her transfer back from FSS was due to that criminal record. Too bad, it was exposed."
i hate such person!
幸灾乐祸.. :angry: :angry: :angry:
 :lol:
ps..too into the story.. XD

@ alwaysYou : Why are you slapping ME O.O You are so MEAN! hahahahahha
Hahaha. of course you will want me to write the continuation arc. you and your sadistic mode =X hahahahahha
cos you are mean too!!!!!!
you deserve a slap..XD
thanks huh..as if you not sadistic..wahahahhaa

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:30:41 PM by alwaysYou »

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2011, 06:42:49 PM »
I thought that Risa would 'use' Haru to get Ai to stay, but for some reason, I just couldn't connect to that conclusion, lol. That's what I get for slacking off and reading your story at work...

But this, this is how the story should unfold, with Ai beginning to build a solid relationship with Haru. Though I now I can't help but wonder how Risa thinks this will all turn out? Is she hoping for some romance with Ai? Hoping that once Ai is comfortable around them, they can become a family? Or is she secretly dreading this somewhere deep inside? Dreading the day she will tell Haru what's really going on and afraid that she will not be as important to the girl or not be able to be such a big part of her life with the inclusion of her biological mother?

Again, does Risa even realize her own feelings yet?

Well, for now, I'm content with this, so good luck with exams! Come back to us when you can.

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #162 on: November 24, 2011, 03:49:15 PM »
[ . C#21 ]

"Are you reaching yet?" Risa raised her voice gently across the line towards the person of interest on the other side of the call. Risa was standing near the window, some distance away from the dining room where she had made the call."Haru is going to run late if you don't appear up right at this very moment." Risa continued, wearingly conscious about the tone and language she was using. To be truthful to herself, Risa had realised that the relationship between and her had turned into a weird alley. In simple words, she was unsure on how she should react to Ai, especially after knowing the truth behind Ai's facade of being and cold and emotionless being. Though she wanted to sound nice to the latter, there was something else within her that was stopping her from being nice. As Risa was lost in her own thoughts, the beeping tone on the line brought her back to reality. That was when Risa had finally realised Ai had hung the phone call on her. "Hello?" Risa shouted into the receiver, only to receive nothing but a weird stare from Haru.

"What happened, Mama?" Haru climbed onto the chair where she sat and stood up high, waiting curiously at her mother's reaction to the phone call that had ended abruptly.

"Nothing." Risa faked a smile to Haru before turning back to the bright shiny screen of her mobile phone and redialled the previous number.

"Are we leaving yet, Mama?" Haru asked as she sat down back on the chair. Haru bit her lower lips, seemingly to be contemplating about something that she wants to say.

"Soon." Came the short reply from Risa as she was more concentrated in getting the line through right at that particular moment, thus failing to realised the sudden change in expression of Haru.

"Nee, Mama." Haru called out softly. That had caught Risa's attention. She looked away from her mobile phone and drew herself closer to where Haru was, giving her 100% attention to the younger girl at the dining table. It was then Risa had realised that Haru had barely touched her breakfast.

"What's wrong, Haru-chan?" Risa came over and patted the young girl's forehead. "Are you not feeling well anywhere?" Risa kneeled to the eye level and asked. Without waiting for Haru's response, Risa pulled Haru's blouse over, revealing the soft skin at the abdomen, checking if there were any possible signs of inflammation.

Haru shook her head immediately and tried to move back slightly at the sudden fear she sensed within Risa. "Haru's not feeling any pain. Haru's feeling okay." Haru continued with a attempted smile as she tried to pull her blouse back into position.

"What's wrong then?" Risa coaxed softly as she brushed the soft strands of hair through her fingers.

"Can Haru no-" Before Haru could finish off her sentence, the unlocking of the main door echoed down the hallway, bringing the two attention away from the said topic and to the said direction, watching the door pull open, revealing a relatively flustered Ai at the door.

"Why do you have the keys?" Risa stood up from her position and exclaimed, while the younger girl beamed slightly at the sight of Ai.

"You gave them to me." Ai replied mercilessly as she shot an innocent stare to Risa.

"I did?" Risa tried to recall the time where she actually did, but failed. "When?" Risa questioned herself silently. Deciding that it was not important to know when had the event happened, Risa squatted down once again to come to eye to eye level with Haru. "What was Haru going to say moments ago?" Risa asked, in a softer tone as compared to the ones she had confronted Ai moments ago.

"I thought you said over the phone that we are running late?" Ai interrupted, checking the time on her watch strapped over on her left wrist.

"Just a moment!" Risa grunted.

"Nothing in particular." Haru shook her head repeatedly as she replied. She reached over for her pink backpack that was placed on the chair beside where she was setting and hovered the straps over her slender shoulder.  With that, she slipped off the dining chair and brushed pass Risa.

"Haru?" Risa called out.

Haru, however, did not stop at the call. Instead, she brushed past Ai at the door and ran towards the lift lobby. "Ittekimasu!" Haru shouted.

Ai had observed the queer interaction between Haru and Risa. "What's - " Just as she was about to question Risa what had happen, the 'ding' of the elevator got hold of her attention. She turned towards the direction and saw Haru entering the lift, with no intention on waiting Ai. "Wait." Ai ran after the lift, leaving Risa, alone, all stunned about the chain of events had just happened.

'What did Haru wanted to say?' Risa worried in her mind.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ai chased slowly after the little girl as Haru brisked swiftly before her, towards the familiar green car parked at the end of the car park. "Haru. . . " Ai called out after the young girl. Haru turned over at the call, only to see Ai standing before her own dark coloured vehicle. "Here." Ai pointed over to her car as she turned over and got into the driver's seat. Haru hurriedly followed likewise and sat into the passenger seat beside Ai. Once Ai was sure that the younger girl had safely strapped herself into the seat, she released the handbrake and began to drive out of the driveway into the main street.

Along the way to the school, Ai kept stealing glances at the child. It was obvious to her that Haru was nowhere near to her usual bubbly self. "Are you alright?" Ai asked suddenly, breaking the silence that was persistent in the car since right at the beginning of the car ride.

Haru nodded her head lightly, not answering Ai's question in verbal.

'Something's not right.' Ai noted mentally. As Ai pulled her vehicle into the parking lot across the street, outside the elementary school, she could hear Haru sighing inwardly to herself. As she watched the little girl unbuckled her seatbelt reluctantly, Ai decided to ask the previous question once again. "Are you sure you are alright?"

Haru bit her lips lightly as she looked out of the window, watching her fellow classmates and seniors running through the school gates, smacking each other's bag as they ran pass one and other, she sighed again. She turned around and faced Ai, hesitating to ask the question she wanted to raised when she was back home.

"Yes?" Ai responded to the silent hesitation Haru expression.

"Ne Nee-chan. . . Can . . . can Haru not go to school?" Haru asked quietly.

Ai remained quiet at the question. Though she had wanted to ask the question why, yet the question remained stuck at her throat.

"Haru guessed it's a not, right?" Haru answered the question for herself. She forced a smile on her face before turning towards the door and swung it open. She got off the car seat, shut the door lightly, and began to take heavy steps towards the school gate.

As Ai prepared to move out of the parking lot, her phone rang. She removed her left hand away from the hand break and reached for her mobile phone. As she saw the name of the caller, she sighed lightly and held to phone to her ear. "Yes." Came her monotonous response.

"How's Haru?"

"She should be alright." Ai replied uncertainly while turning to watch the young girl standing by the roadside, amongst a group of taller children, waiting for the lights to turn green.

"Did she say anything to you?" Came the worried voice of Risa again.

"She asked whether can she not go to school." Ai recalled, with her eyes never leaving Haru.

"I guessed so too. . . that silly girl. . . " Ai heard Risa chuckled in slight relieve.

"You guessed so too?" Ai frowned at that statement.

"That silly girl is worried about whether if she is able to mingle around her classmate. She had spent the whole of her summer holidays in the hospital and at home, missing the chains of summer activities the school had planned for them. Of course she's worried. . . " Risa explained. "I should have noticed that earlier. . . " Risa continued in her worried voice. "I think I will take a half day off from work today. I will fetch her from school personally."

"Fine with me." Ai finished. Without giving a proper goodbye, Ai hung the phone call. Instead of driving off, Ai unbuckled her seatbelt and turned off the engine, retrieving her key and got off the car. At the same moment, the traffic light at the predestrain crossing had turned green. Ai ran towards the crowd, towards Haru and held her hands suddenly.

Haru was surprised at the sudden contact. She looked up at Ai with her slightly teary eyes.

"Let's go!" Ai tugged Haru's little arm and advanced forward towards the school gates. As they reached the front of the gates, Ai release the hold and got down to eye level with Haru. "Everything will be alright." Ai ensured with an almost unnoticeable smile. "Your Mama said that she will be fetching you from school today." Ai continued.

"Really?" Haru's voice perked in slight excitement.

Ai nodded her head in response.

"Haru-chan! You're back!" Came a third voice into the conversation. Haru turned over to the voice.

"Sensei!" Haru ran forward towards the teacher while Ai nodded her head lightly at the teacher, acknowledging her presence politely.  Haru turned around to face Ai, with the usual smile returned to her face. "Nee-chan, bye bye!" Haru waved as she followed her teacher into the building.

Ai stood stationery as she waved back, until the younger one was out of sight. 'What makes a child's innocent is that. . . they never stay down for long. They smile when they are happy, they frown when they are upset. They don't have to think about the third way, hiding their emotions. . . I want her to keep this innocence forever. . . '

Ai returned back to her vehicle and settled herself in. After she had started her engine, she rested her wrist on her steering wheel. "What should I do now?" Ai asked herself silently. After having had ran continuously for 8 years in the forensic field, giving herself no break nor time alone, Ai find this sudden freeness scary. And it had been only for two weeks. ' Is this the way my life would be . . . for the rest of my life?'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yoshizawa-senpai." Risa called out as she entered Hitomi's office.

"Yes, Gaki-san?" Hitomi responded as she looked up from her computer and gave her attention to Risa before her.

"Can I get half a day off today?" Risa requested. "I want to pick Haru-chan off from school today." Risa explained briefly.

"Sure." Hitomi agreed on Risa's request almost immediately, without any much more questioning. "Have you seen Takahashi-san again?" Hitomi asked.

Risa looked towards her left for a moment before answering Hitomi. "I - I do. . . "

"How is she doing? Has she found a new job yet? Is she having any trouble getting a new job?" Hitomi bombarded.

"Wait a minute, Yoshizawa-senpai, Why are you asking me such questions about her? " Risa interrupted. "I - I'm not . . . how do I say. . . I -" Risa struggled to continue her expression, yet had failed right to the face.

"I don't mean anything, Gaki-san. I assumed that you would have known them, since you seemed like the only one who had still be in contact with her." Hitomi explained.

"Even though I'm still in contact with her, it seems I still don't know her well enough then, as she had told me nothing of as such." Risa replied ambiguously. "But, I do know that she had managed to get a new job, if you call that a job, so . . ." Risa continued. "I offered her to look after Haru when I'm at work." Risa finished.

"Really?" Hitomi was surprised. "I think that's the best we can do right now, isn't that so? I really want to get that Tanaka Juncho right into our custody as soon as possible, because that's the only way Takahashi-san can get her own justice returned."

Risa nodded her head in agreement. "Even if we do not have enough evidence to charge him with the sexual assault 8 years ago, his illegal captivation of a police inspector will."

"Yes. So, how's that coming about? Did his sister call back about her brother's whereabouts?"

"Nope." Risa shook her head as she answered.

"We need her to get back with us. Maybe she's hiding something from us as well. . ." Hitomi inquired.

"Probably we can invite Reina-san back for an investigation, are you saying that?" Risa inferred.

"We could." Hitomi decided.

"I will get Makoto to do so."

"This is cute." Ai whispered to herself. Unknowingly, Ai had found herself situated at the baby section at a major department store, picking up pieces of pink fluffy dresses as she strolled down the row of baby clothes. 'I wonder how had Haru-chan would looked like if she was to dress up in this when she was a baby. . . ' Ai thought sadly in her mind. Her heart winced painfully at the thought. Ai brushed the wave of emotion away by replacing the dress back to its position and walked out of that section.

'She seems to like Disney goods a lot, don't she? Maybe I can get her notebook with the characters on it?' Ai recalled in her mind while allowing her feet to bring her body to the children section of the department store. She got herself at the stationary section and was immediately had herself lost in the choices. "What does she likes?" Ai asked herself quietly.

After spending a whole hour trying to chose the notebook she felt Haru will adore, Ai tucked the chosen notebook close to her chest and began to head towards the cashier. The sound of a hanger drop caught Ai's attention to the female apparel department and there she saw a middle aged lady in her fifties, kneeling on the ground.

"Are you alright?" Ai rushed forward and helped the middle aged up from the ground, picking the set of white dress that had caught her attention in the first place.

"I'm alright. . . " The lady struggled to reply.

Ai passed the white dress back to the lady and watched her attempting to return the dress back to the rack with her right hand, only to drop it on the floor once again. Ai bent down and picked it up again. "Aren't you going to get it?" Ai asked softly.

"I - I was just thinking. . .  " As the lady continued to struggle in her response to Ai, Ai had already noticed something wrong with the lady. Ai returned the dress back to the rack and began to help the lady to the nearest in store bench and settled her down.

"Can you raise your both hands up?" Ai asked the lady. And as Ai watched the lady attempted to do as instructed, Ai came into a conclusion. "Let's go to the hospital, shall we?"

"But why?" The lady questioned.

"How long have you been feeling weakness in your right hand?" Ai did not explained her suggestion. Instead, she had asked more questions for her.

"I can't remember. . . but. . . Who are you?" The lady recalled vaguely.

"Mama!"

Both Ai and the lady turned to the call. Another lady, appearing to be at least 7 years younger than Ai came running towards the two of them.

"Sorry Mama, I was late. Misa-san had asked me tied up with some work before I can leave so. . ." She sat beside the middle aged lady. "This is?" The young lady asked.

"I'm just a mere passerby. I think you should accompany your mother to the hospital for a full body check up." Ai informed politely as she stood up. With that, Ai bowed lightly in respect, before continuing her way towards the cashier counter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is the report you wanted, Mako-chan"

"Thank you! Sayu, you don't look good, what's wrong?" Risa was packing up her desk when she overheard the conversation between Makoto and Sayumi.

"I'm alright. " Sayumi faked a smile at Makoto before she made her way out of the FID office.

"Sayu!" Risa chased after Sayumi and called out. "Are you alright?" Risa repeated the concern Makoto had for the younger girl.

"I'm fine. It's just. . . something is wrong with Eririn lately. . . "Sayumi admitted. The treatment Sayumi received weeks ago was still traumatising the girl know for her famous poisonous tongue.

"Kame? What-" Before Risa could continue with her question, she was interrupted by the ringing of her mobile phone.

"I'll go back first before Eri gets crazy at the amount of work that is coming in. . ." Sayumi mouthed and began to troll down the hallway, leaving Risa alone, staring blankly at the name of the caller.

Risa bit her lips and hesitated for a moment before pressing the green button, bringing the mobile phone to her ears. "Yes?"

Risa shot her eyes wide open. "WHAT? Where? I will be right there in a moment." With that, Risa returned the phone back to her pocket and began to race down the stairways. 'Wait! Haru! She pulled out her phone again and began to dial the second number on her list while skipping two steps down the stairs.

"Hello? I have an emergency. Can you please help me to fetch Haru instead? Apologise to her for me." Without explaining much, Risa hung the phone call and sprinted out of the building.

the exams were so intensed that I couldn't even find enough time to sit down and write properly. But well and finally, there are over :)

@ alwaysYou  : hahhahaha. Gakisan can't call Ai a thing infront of Haru. It will confuse the poor girl more =X heheheh ^.^

@ rndmnwierd : Eh, you read at work?? heheh :) woah, that's lots of questions you had for Risa :) Hmmm. I don't think Risa had thought so much in depth. I think she had asked Ai to build the relationship with Haru because she felt that Ai wanted to have one, but will never ask for it. Maybe it could be a way of start to start things peacefully, but it seems like Ai had returned back to her usual attitude to the brat =x It will be fun to write about that ^.^ hehehehe

Now that exams are over, I will want to write more. . .
But. . . taking into considerations that I'm going home. . .. I will try my best to :)

de wa, Till the next time then!!! ^.^
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 12:29:35 AM by caiyunki »

Offline Kikk4r

• Member+
Re: SEARCH [ . C #21 ] 25 November 2011
« Reply #163 on: November 24, 2011, 05:22:46 PM »
YEY ur back :cow:

hmm what have happend now nothing have happend to Reina right XD

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2011, 07:03:49 AM »
So life continues on. Ai and Risa are awkward and Haru's seven... But now what? Don't leave us in suspense for too long!

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2011, 09:23:58 PM »
[ . # C22 ]

"Arigatou ne, Haru-chan. It's because Haru-chan was there that I was not scared back then." Mika, Haru's classmate, chirped as she held on Haru's arm and swung it as they walked out of the school compound.

"Mmm mmm" Haru hummed, shaking her head at the statement. "It was nothing. . . Mama had always taught Haru to stay conscious about the  surroundings and fulfilling the needs that what people may need." Haru continued. Just the pair walked and stopped before the school bus, Haru began to bid her goodbye. "Haru will see Mika-chan tomorrow ne?" Haru informed in a her childish disposition.

"Hmmm?" Mika hummed "Haru-chan, aren't you going to take the school bus back home?" Mika asked after hearing Haru's sentence.

"My Mama promised that she's going to fetch Haru up from school today." Haru beamed.

"Eh, REALLY? That's so nice !!" Mika envious. Haru smiled shyly. "I haven't seen Haru's Mama before. Can I ?" Mika swung Haru's arm and asked.

"Sure!" Haru nodded her head enthusiastically. "Let's go!" Haru dragged Mika away from the bus and towards the school gate. Once they were out of the school gate, Haru began to search around her surroundings, searching for the familiar lime green vehicle belonging to her beloved mother. "Where is Mama?" Haru whispered repeatedly to herself as she kept her eyes wide searching, until a tug on her hand brought her attention back to her young friend.

"Is that your Mama?" Mika called out as she pointed over to the lady standing beside the dark vehicle. "You looked so much like your Mama, Haru-chan!"Mika continued.

"Where?" Haru set her eyes far away towards the direction where Mika was pointing towards. "Nee-chan?" Haru whispered softly.

"Nee-chan?" Mika repeated. "She's not your Mama?"

"Mmm." Haru hummed as she shook her head lightly. "Nee-chan is Mama's friend."

"Jaa, Haru-chan's Mama is in the car as well?" Mika asked curiously.

Haru shook her head lightly again. "Mama's probably tied up in her work again."Haru tired to smile it away the sadness that wash over here for a moment.

"Ah! The school bus is leaving!" Mika shouted suddenly. "I will see Haru-chan in school tomorrow ne?" Mika began to pick her feet and started running back to the gates and back to the lot where the bus was parked, turning back time to time and waved to the young girl at the pavement, waiting to cross over the street.

"Bye bye!" Haru waved back, and kept her eyes on Mika until the latter boarded the bus. After that, Haru waited for the lights to turn green before crossing the road, where she dawdled slowly towards Ai's vehicle. "Nee-chan." Haru greeted before getting onto the car.

Ai followed quickly in suit and got into the driver's seat. "Your Mama. . . "

"Has urgent stuffs to settle, didn't she? Haru understood." Haru interrupted and ended with a pout.

Ai was shocked by the straightness Haru portrayed and was lost for words. The journey went on in period of silence before Ai decided to speak again. "How was your school today?" Ai asked shyly, in a way that no one had witness, especially not in the presence of Risa.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Risa locked her vehicle in a rush as she sprint away from the parking lot and towards the rather familiar building. "Ri-ko. . . Mama fainted on the street. . . I'm . . . I'm at the hospital now. . . " The familiar voice from the phone call Risa had gotten moments ago echoed in her mind. 'What had happened? Oh please, let everything be alright. . . " Risa prayed inwardly from the bottom of her head as she ran past the automatic glass door and towards the elevator, where she pressed repeatedly in impatience the button at the side.

"Yuri!" Risa called out as she tracked down to the long empty hallway, towards the lonesome figure seated on the third seat on the chairs outside the long stretch of patient wards.

"Ri-ko!" Yuri stood up from the seat and rushed towards Risa, closing the distance between them. And as Risa stopped before her, Yuri buried her face into Risa's shoulder. "I'm afraid." Yuri mumbled into Risa's shoulder.

Risa ruffled Yuri's hair from the back of her head, pressing the younger girl tighter and closer to her body. "No fear, Yuri. I'm here. . . " Risa assured confidently. Yuri nodded her head lightly in Risa's shoulder. Risa felt her shoulder getting wetter as time passed by. "What happened?" Risa questioned gently.

Yuri brought herself away from Risa's shoulder and looked at Risa with fear obvious in her pair of teary eyes. "Mama had fainted on the streets this afternoon. The doctors had diagnosed that Mama had suffered a stroke from a result of a high blood pressure." Yuri explained, pausing between words to breathe through her short sobbing.

"High blood pressure?" Risa queried at the explanation. "Since when did Mama had high blood pressure, Yuri?" Risa concerned.

"I don't know, Ri-ko, I really don't know." Yuri chanted repeatedly as she held her head with her both hands, shaking her head in confusion as tears continued to flow down her cheeks. "I really don't know, Ri-ko. Why hadn't I listened to the lady from this afternoon about bringing Mama to a hospital for a medical checkup. Why didn't I?" Yuri cried.

"Yuri!" Risa grabbed hold onto Yuri's arm and gave it a light squeeze, hoping that that would help to bring Yuri out of her own world of self-accusation. "Yuri!" Risa called out again. Though that effort, Risa failed.

"I should have noticed about Mama's lately health wellness. I should have Ri-ko. Why haven't I ? Even a stranger on the street can tell that Mama needs a visit to the hospital, why haven't I did then? Ri-ko, how? What can we do? Ri-ko!" Yuri continued in denial, completely ignoring Risa's attempt to get her calm down. "I'm so afraid that I will loss Mama, Ri-ko. I was so afraid. . . "

"Yuri. .  ." Risa called out quietly as she patted Yuri calmingly on the top of her head. "It's not your fault. Yuri, It's not your fault." Risa ensured. "Everything's alright now." With that, Risa pulled the younger girl back into her left shoulder, comforting the slight depressed sister of hers, while the younger girl slipped her arms around Risa's waist. "Mama will definitely be alright. I'm sure." Risa finished

Yuri said nothing. Instead, she had just gave Risa a silent nod for acknowledgement. Risa guided the younger girl back to the stretch of seats where the younger girl sat previously. It was situated directly right outside of the mother's ward, allowing Risa to catch the glimpse of her mother even without having to enter the room. 'Mama. . . she had aged so much these 8 years . . . Mama. .  . ' Risa cried silently in her heart. Guiding Yuri back into her seat, Risa settled down closely to Yuri's right, allowing her younger sibling to cling onto her arm and rest her head on her shoulder. "Where's Papa?" Risa finally asked, after long moments of consideration.

"Papa is on his way back from Taiwan. . . " Yuri replied without hesitation. "He said that he will be back after nightfall."

"I see. .  ." Risa trailed off into silence.

"Nee, Ri-ko. . . " Yuri spoke up again after long moments of silence.

"Yes?"

"How have you been in these years?"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The moment Ai and Haru reached back to the apartment, Haru had attempted to make her way back to her own room. Before she could enter the room door, Ai called out for the child.

"Haru. . . -chan ." Ai stumbled.

"Yes?" Haru turned back and looked seriously at Ai.

"This one. . " Ai reached for her shopping back and pulled out the Disney notebook, reaching it towards the end where Haru stood at the end of the hallway. "I saw it at the department store and thought you would like it. Treat it as a back to school present from the summer vacation." Ai spoke rather plainly, still trying to keep a distance, yet could not help to be gentle to her child.

Haru made her way slowly back down the hallway and stood directly before Ai. Her eyes shone in brightness the moment it got into her sight. "Ah! It's Mickey and Minnie !" Haru squeaked in excitement. She threw her pink backpack onto the wooden lacquered floor, unzipped it and pulled out a total identical notebook from the bag. "And it's exactly the same!" Haru chirped excitedly.

"Ah. . ." Ai was lost for words about the situation.

"Mama had gotten that for Haru the day before as a back to school present at the department store." Haru continued explaining .

"I - I see. . . . " Ai trailed off into silence. With that, she with fresher out reached arm back to herself. "I guess I'll will just-"

Before Ai could finish her sentence, Haru had reached her hand for the retreating book, gripping it tightly into her possession. "Thank you, Nee-chan! Haru loved the present!" The young replica beamed with her genuine smile. The previous sadness about Risa breaking the promise about fetching Haru off from school was all far gone away. Haru hugged the notebook close to her chest and looked happily at Ai. "Nee-chan is the best ! Only Mama and Nee-chan understand Haru the best!" Haru continued.

"I thought you had a same one already? Why are you still accepting mine then ?" Ai asked, totally forgetting the fact that the other party was merely a seven year old.

"Haru can have both of them, isn't that so?" Haru asked innocently as she glanced at Ai with her puppy eyes.

Ai blinked her eyes blankly at Haru, not knowing how she should answer the little girl. She had never expect, or rather, understand the thought of a minor, they way they view things. To her, there was no need in having to identical items. Yet to the younger child, the solution of having two of the identical notebook had saved Ai from her 'embarrassment'.

"Haru will return back to Haru's room to do her homework, Nee-chan~~" Haru informed without waiting any response from Ai for her previous 'question'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nee-chan. . . " A soft voice called out, bringing Risa out of her daze.

"What's wrong, Yuri? You seldom call me by Nee-chan." Risa asked.

Yuri rested her side of her head on Risa's shoulder and closed her eyes gently. "Is Mama definitely going to be alright?"

"Yes she is." Came the short reply from Risa. "That's not the only question that you wanted to ask, don't you, Yuri?" Risa sighed once and continued asking.

Yuri opened her eyes slowly, with doubts in her eyes. Doubts as if whether should she ask the question she had always wanted to ask in all her life, Especially when her sister had left the house when she was nearly to sixteen. "Nee-chan. . . " Yuri started off before trailing into silence. Moments later, she had decided to go on with the question. "Have you ever regretted about your decision back then?"

"Yatta! Haru is done with her homework!" Haru echoed down the hallway as she came running through it. "Nee-chan, why are you staring blankly at the television screen?" Haru asked. She was shocked by the sight she saw when she entered into the living room. Ai was sitting quietly, all alone, doing nothing but staring at her own reflection reflected off the black television screen.

"I - "

"Nee-chan must be bored, aren't you?" Haru interrupted as she climbed onto the sofa and sat closely by Ai's side. "Nee-chan should switch on the television if Nee-chan is bored." Haru continued as she tried to stretch her short arm towards the remote control that was placed on the slightly lower levelled coffee table. The little effort had failed completely when the 7 year old almost toppled off the couch, only to be pulled back by Ai in time before the young girl has her face the wooden tiled floor.

"Be careful!" Ai called out as she pulled Haru back safely in position. After which, she reached her hand for the same remote control and passed it to Haru. "There you go." Ai stated softly.

"Thank you." Haru smiled to Ai as she pressed the red button, switching on the television. "What does Nee-chan like to watch?" Haru asked with a genuine smile.

"I - " Ai stuttered. There was nothing in particular Ai was interested in watching. She did not even know what was on the programme list, let alone to chose what show she would like to watch. "Anything. You can chose." Came the decided simple reply that would save anyone from awkward situations.

"Really?" Haru's voice perked in excitement. Ai nodded her head lightly in response, only to result in the disappearance of the child to the drawers below the television set. "Haru has lots of Disney movie to watch. This one is one of Mama's favourite." Haru spoke to herself as she pulled out the movie 'Lilo and Stitch'. "This one is my current favourite." Haru continued as she pulled out the move "Up" from the drawer. "Mama likes this." Haru finished. With the first on her right and second on her left, she turned around and asked, "Which one would Nee-chan like to watch?"

"As you wish, Haru-chan." Came the rather ambiguous response from Ai.

"Eh. . . Haru will want to watch both. . . But Mama said that Haru can only watch a movie a day after Haru had finished her homework. I can't choose. . . Nee-chan, choose? Please? " Haru looked at Ai with her pair of puppy eyes, which made Ai to melt.

"I guess. . . The one of your right?"

"Yatta! Lilo and Stitch!" Haru cheered lightly before turning back to the player, where she placed the disc into it and returned back to Ai with its remote. She settled closely to Ai, almost snuggling into Ai's chest as she pressed onto the play button.

" Stitch is going to be knock down by the lorries later on!"

"It's Sandwich Day! That's why Lilo had went diving into the waters to find sandwich to the fishes. Haru also wants to do that someday too!"

"That's when Lilo had went to the adoption center and adopted Stitch as her pet. Isn't that amazing to have a pet like Stitch? Haru wants to have a Stitch as well."

"It's so sad. . . Lilo's going to be separated from her sister and Stitch. . ."

As the movie advances, Haru had always informed Ai about what she was about to expect next, which made Ai wondered how many times had Haru gone through the tape. As the credits came rolling in, Haru turned to face Ai for the first time ever since the start of the show. "Nee-chan did you enjoyed the movie?" Haru asked as the ending song echoed in the background.

Ai nod her head lightly. "How many times had you watched this movie? It seems like you knew all the details and events that were to happen." Ai questioned, as she gradually began to warm up to her child. Well, at least she had began to act as her own self, like how she used to act around Aya back in the school days. 

"Hmmm. . . .Haru can't remember exactly how many times Haru had watched the movie, but Haru had watched it at least once every week."

"Once every week? You are not bored about it?" Ai asked bluntly.

"Nope! Stitch is Haru's favourite! there's no way Haru will get bored of it." Haru argued.

"But do you know that Stitch is actually modelled after a cockroach? Stitch is the mutated cockroach created by the so call alien in the movie. And you thought that it was cute? So Haru-chan regards cockroach as cute?" Ai refuted, forgetting that her opponent is only a seven year old.

"Mutated cockroach? What is a mutated cockroach means, Nee-chan?" Haru tilted her head at the rebuttal.

"Ask you Mama and she will tell you." Came the running reply from Ai.

Haru frowned. "Stitch is a cockroach? Really?"

Ai nodded her hand, causing the eyebrows on Haru's face to furrow deeper.

"But as long as you like it, it doesn't matters, isn't that so?" Ai noticed the sudden change in Haru's mood and tried to console. "So. . . this is what Haru do when the br- your Mama is at work?"

Haru nodded her head. "Usually when Mama has emergency work call in the middle of the night, or has to work throughout the night, she will get the auntie next door to look after Haru."

"I - I see. . . "

"Nee-chan is going to stay with Haru until Mama comes back right?"

Ai gave a gentle nod to the question, which result a smile on Haru's young features.

"Yatta!" Just as the cheers went on, a loud grumbling from the stomach echoed throughout the quiet room.

"Are you hungry?" Ai asked.

"Yes."

"Shall we go eat then?"

"Yes."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Risa tried to glance over to the watch over her right wrist without moving too much as she was afraid to awake the sleeping girl on her shoulder. And when she did, she was surprise with the time. With the time in her mind, she patted her sister's head lightly with her left hand. "Yuri, wake up." Risa whispered softly.

Yuri stirred lightly before lifting her head off Risa's shoulder. "What wrong?" Yuri croak.

"It's nine, I have to leave soon. . . " Risa informed almost inaudibly.

"But - "

"Papa's reaching the hospital soon as well. I got to leave soon." Came the similar harsh quiet tone from Risa.

"But - "

"Mama will be alright. Anything, I'll be just a phone call away." Risa stood up from the chair and looked down at Yuri. "Mama will be fine. Don't worry too much." With that, Risa sprint down the empty corridor and towards the lift lobby, down the building and out of the hospital. When she arrived at her vehicle, she slammed her fist heavily on the top of the car, allowing her real emotions to surface for the first time ever since knowing the event. "Damn it." Risa buried her face into her arm. Her heart was racing in confusion. It was not in ease. Her mind had gone haywire. The conversation with her sister hours ago brought back memories that she wished had not happened. In frustration, Risa flunk the door wide open and got in heavily, before slamming the door closed. With a heavy depress on the acceleration pedal, Risa began to race her vehicle aimlessly on the street, hoping the speed will calm her down from the sea of emotions she was experiencing deep within herself --worries, anxiety, fear and guilt.

And when she finally got home, it was already late to midnight. The first thing that had welcomed her the moment she stepped into her apartment was the fierce stare from Ai.

"What took you so long? It doesn't seems like you had any new cases. I saw Kon-chan and your colleague together at the café during dinner time." Ai questioned.

"I don't think it matters to you." Risa replied reluctantly.

"Sure it does not, but not at the expense at a promise you had made. She's rather upset about not being to see you before she goes to bed." Ai confronted.

It was only then Risa had realised she had broken the promise she made to Haru. "That - I "

"To her, not to me. It's none of my business." Came the curt treatment of Ai to Risa. "I'm leaving."

Risa grabbed onto Ai's wrist to stop Ai from leaving. "Stay here tonight." Risa blurted out unknowingly. "I mean, it's late. Stay here today so that you don't have to go running all over the place tomorrow morning. And you can sleep longer." Risa added on immediately, after she realised what she had just said. 'What had I just said?

Ai glance at the grip on the hand back to Risa. "It's alright. I don't mind. And I don't sleep much, so it doesn't matters." With the reply, the grip on her wrist loosen. "I'll see you tomorrow then." Ai picked up her handbag and began to swift towards the main entrance.

Risa glanced down at the hand that had just gripped onto Ai. ' Why had I asked her to stay? What are you trying to look for? Someone who understands how you felt right at this moment? Are you really that selfish? She has her own problems to settle with, Risa. You shouldn't been doing this. You are the one who had caused her suffering right now. If you had not been so stubborn. If you had not been so blinded back then, then perhaps this truth of her abandoning a newborn baby will be buried down the snow forever. She would still be in the forensics, and maybe, be in of a less awkward situation with you right at this moment. You yourself were the one who had made this choice. So, this retribution, this guilt, you should be withstanding it all alone. ' Risa debated in her mind. Heaviness sank in her heart.

She stepped into the kitchen and began to wash her face with the cold water from the tap. When she felt slightly fresh, she turned off the tap and began to head towards Haru's room, with droplets of tap water dripping off her chin and onto the floor. She entered the room as silently as she could and went over to Haru's side, where she cajoled the minor's forehead gently. "I'm sorry, Haru-chan for breaking the promise about fetching you from school today. . . "Risa apologised quietly.

Haru stirred from the soft touch and struggled to open her eyes. "Mama? You are home." Haru greeted as the eyelids dropped.

"Yupps. Gomen ne, Haru-chan, for disturbing you from your sleep."

Haru shook her head almost unnoticeably.

"Go back to sleep then."

Risa watched Haru falling back to sleep again before getting out of the room. When she was out of the room, she let off a loud sigh. 'It's all worth it. .  .

A slightly longer chapter this time round. I had planned more for this chapter. .  but due to the fact that i will be bring my laptop for servicing later in the day, i guess I won't be able to update for the next few days. Seeing that I had dragged too long to update (due to hectic events) , I think I should update once before bringing the laptop for service. :) hehehe.

Next chapter should be interesting :) prob more Aigaki? before I decide to go on with the story events :) heheheh

and yes, Aichan had said that Stitch was a alien cockroach in the first five star episodes this year, where she bickered with gakisan about Stitch :)
and the reason for including this in the story, was because I had just watch Lilo and Stitch with my niece couple of days ago =X
hehehehehehe

@ Kikk4r : Yuppps. Hmmm, Reina. . . nothing will happen to Reina :) heheheheh

@ rndmnwierd : Yupps, life carries on and . . . after one or two chapters, there will be a new case which will leads up to the ending :) heheheh.
though that, i don't see that ending coming up soon, at the speed I am updating right now =X
hehehehehehehehehh

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
Re: SEARCH [ . C #22 ] 5 December 2011
« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2011, 06:15:12 AM »
ah so much to think about for this chapter!

it makes me wonderi f haru being 7 will put more depth into what mika had said about her and ai looking alike, i mean she is 7 so maybe not lol but with kids you never know. i have a 6 yr old godsister who cant remember what she ate for breakfast yesterday without some help but she remembers her school christmas performace from last yr lol

the 2nd is about risa...well 1st her mama and sister who were the ppl that ai ran into the store and to risa's cutoff connection between her parents. i seriously wonder what even made her leave at 16 yrs old and if maybe later on haru had anything to do with it...

which brings me to the 3rd part with ai and haru bondign time. the two of them are just way to cute together expessially sicne ai acts so wierd towards the kid XD she's so bad with kids that its cute to me and it seems to be good that haru's breaking ai out of her shell it must feel good for ai to be having these moments with her daughter yet still pretty heartbreaking at the same time eventhough its for the better that haru stays with risa. and if ai can cook i'd really love to see her cook a meal with little haru as her asisstant lol or atleast risa and haru making something for ai XD

lastly the last part with unhappy ai-chan and clearly overthinking risa made me sad ;3; i wanted ai-chan to stay so badly~~~~ lol but it cant be helped, and it seemed that risa really wanted to or atleast felt like there was a chance to ask ai for help or get all of those emotions she was having off her chest to someone, only for ai to go back in her shell abit and go home >3>

ah well i hope your servicing for your comp goes fast! i know how it feels to have it taken for so long to get fixed ;3;
please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2011, 09:28:55 AM »
Yay! Update!

So, I'm guessing Risa's family didn't exactly take to the idea of her raising Haru? Or more specifically, her father? And now that her mother is in the hospital, will she be thrown into conflict with him. Will she tell Ai?

I'm sure if she did, they would become closer, Ai's not heartless after all, but on top of all that, how will Risa's guilt affect their budding relationship.

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2011, 07:32:50 PM »
 heheh just a slight warning before the start of the chapter .. . . Prepare your eyes and mind for a super long update!! :)  It's going to be filled with lots of details that I myself had gotten lost in them when I wrote them . .. :) hehe

[ . # C23 ]

"Good Morning!" Risa greeted first thing in the morning as Haru stepped out of her bedroom, in her pajamas while rubbing her eyes tiredly. "Get wash up quickly and join Mama for breakfast at the dinning table. Mama had prepared Haru's favourite breakfast this morning." Risa came forward before Haru and patted her head lovingly, pushed the young child a light nudge into the washroom, before getting herself into Haru's room, where she began to help Haru to chose her outfit for the day.

Haru nodded her head in sleepily as she dragged herself into the washroom, where she began to wash up and prepare herself for school. As she brushed her teeth, she vaguely remembered how her Mama had returned late from work the day before. After she rinse away the toothpaste from her mouth, she hopped a step out of the washroom and popped her head into her room, checking if Risa was still in her room. And when she saw the familiar back view of Risa at the wardrobe, she ran forward and hugged Risa's leg. "Mama, Good Morning!"  Haru greeted as she buried her face into the back of Risa's leg.

"Good Morning!" Risa turned around, causing Haru to release the leg hug. Risa squatted down to the same level as Haru and ruffled soft ends of Hari's bangs. "All washed up?"

"Hmmm." Haru responded as she gave one strong nod.

"Alright, get changed and I will meet you at the dining table for breakfast." Risa ordered as she gave a light slap on Haru's butt.

"Hai!"

When Risa reached back to the main living area, she made her way straight into the kitchen where she took the food that she had prepared out to the dining table before settling herself down on her seat. Haru came running down the halls after Risa short moments later, with her school back strapped over one of her shoulders. As she reached the dinning table, she placed her bag on the seat beside her usual seat first before climbing onto it.

"Itattakimasu!" Haru chirped as she placed her palms together. After she did, she picked up the utensils placed by the side of her plate and began to dig herself into the breakfast made from love prepared by Risa.

Risa watched Haru digging into the food for a short moment starting her hands on the food placed before her in the same. As she was, a slight smile came creeping onto her face, making the first smile she made since the previous day.

"Haru-chan, Gomen ne. . ." Risa trailed off, breaking the silence that resided over the dining table.

"Why is Mama apologising to Haru?" Haru perked up her ears as she looked up from her dish and stared at Risa in confusion.

"Mama had promised you to pick you off your school yesterday, didn't I ? But- "

Before Risa could finish her sentence, Haru interrupted. "It's alright! Mama had never expect that something important will happen. Haru did not blame Mama on it. . . Though Haru is a little upset about it, it all alright ! " Haru gave her best smile as she reassured.

"Thank you, Haru."

With said, the pair returned back to their plate until Risa decides to speak again. "How was your school yesterday? Did any of such which Haru was worried about happened?"

"Hmmm?" Haru hummed in a raising tone in surprise.

Risa gave Haru a mischievous smile, giving Haru a hint that she has understood Haru's desire of not going to school yesterday.

Haru shook her head will her cheeks turning into light shades of pink.

"Isn't that great then?" Risa brushed away Haru's wave of slight embarrassment by rubbing the top of her head lovingly.

Haru nodded her head lightly in agreement before opening up her mouth to speak. "Mika-chan even thanked Haru for being here when the accident happened. The classmates had all showed extra care and concern to Haru when Haru was sitting out of the play during break time." The recount of the previous day event had triggered excitement in the younger girl, causing her to shift the attention away from her food and began to play with the leftovers on her plate. "Mika-chan had too mentioned that Haru-chan looked like pretty Nee-chan!"

That statement had caused the fork Risa held on her right hand to freeze in action.'Does she really? How long can this secret be kept until the inevitable day draws near?' However, Haru was so excited into her recollection that she had failed to notice that sudden reaction from Risa. Risa picked herself back, shaking the thoughts in her mind away before reaching her fork to the next item on her plate.

"Ne Mama, since Mika-chan said that Haru looked like Nee-chan, will Haru grow up to be as pretty like how Nee-chan is?" Haru continued as she tapped her fork on the plate.

"Maybe. . . But if you don't clear up your dish right now, Mama can tell you that you won't." Risa bluffed as she pressed her fingertip on Haru's nose. That caused Haru to hurriedly pick up her speed and cleared up her breakfast. "So what did you do yesterday?" Risa continued asking.

"Hmmm. Haru went back to room to finish Haru's homework the moment Haru reached home. Ah! Nee-chan bought Haru a new notebook! It's exactly the same one that Mama had bought for Haru over the weekend. And oh Yah! Mama, what is a mutated cockroach? Nee-chan said that Stitch is a mutated cockroach when we watched Lilo and Stitch together."

"Buuu~" Risa spitted out the sip of orange juice she had just drank. "She said what?!" Risa shouted.

"Nee-chan told Haru that Stitch is an mutated cockroach. Mama, what is a mutated cockroach means? Does it means that it is still a cockroach?" Haru repeated the question in her innocence.

Risa started at Haru with unbelievement in her eyes. 'Why had she said that? MUTATED cockroach??! For goodness sake, Haru's just a seven year old!' Risa thought in her mind.

"Ready to go?" A third voice echoed in the room. That familiar voice that Risa will never ever recognised it wrongly. Risa shifted her eyes from Haru to the lady standing at the door way, with unexplained helplessness and slight anger in it. "What happened?" Ai asked when she noticed the stare from Risa was nowhere to friendly, just like the ones she had knew Risa earlier in spring, where the two had clashed with each other on a daily basis.

"I'm ready to go!" Haru called out from her seat. She climbed off, and pecked a kiss on Risa's cheek. "I'm going off for school! Bye bye, Mama!" With that, Haru went over to the other chair and picked her school bag up and run it over her shoulder beforing running towards the door where Ai stood.  Before she exit the house, she turned over and shouted to Risa. "Mama, remember to tell Haru what does a mutated cockroach means~" Haru cheeped. With that, without waiting for any response from Risa,  Haru hopped out of the doorway and towards lift lobby, leaving a rather helpless Risa staring at the now understanding the stare Ai staring at each other.

"I - "

"I got to go." Ai interrupted Risa's statement and step out of the house, closing the door behind after her.

Risa stared blankly at the close door before letting off a long sigh. She's tired, tired about putting off a strong front in front of her young girl; tired from the lack of rest due to the fact that she was not in any state of ease to close her eyes. There were still no news about whether her mom had regained her conscious from the stroke she had suffered the day before. Risa sighed once again as she picked up her phone which were placed by the edge of the table to check if there was any incoming messages or something as such. The slight vibration on the phone brought anxiety to the owner, causing her to press on buttons and read the latest incoming message.

{Mama had regained her conscious. . . Are you going to come over later? --Yuri} 

A sigh of relieve escape Risa's lips. She leaned back against the backrest of the chair and closed her eyes for a while, before sitting up again and worked her fingers through the keypads of the phone.

{That's great. . . I got to see if I have the time to . . . And. . . I don't think Papa Mama will want to see me anyway. . . I don't want to cause Mama's condition to deteriorate in any way as well. . . - Risa }

"Gaki-san!"

Risa turned around to the source of call that had echoed down the hallway to the FID office, only to see Makoto running towards her, with her sling bag running across her chest.

"Mako-chan?" Risa greeted as Makoto reached Risa's side. "Just reached?" Risa asked obliviously.

"Yupps!" Makoto replied. "How was yesterday? Heard from Haru-chan that you had emergency work to do. What was it?" Makoto questioned as she draped her hands over the shorter girl's shoulder.

Risa tilted her head a little, masking her little disquiet behind her slightly hazel eyes, before giving Makoto a slight nod. "It was just some personal stuffs. . ." Risa trailed off, answering the questions posted by Makoto. "How's work yesterday when I were away?" Risa tried to change the topic by speaking something regarding work.

"We finally managed to contact Miss Tanaka. She's coming down to the office for some statement taking today. It seems like she was hiding something to us, regarding her brother's whereabouts." Makoto answered as both of them entered into the office. Makoto released her hand from Risa's shoulder and made her way to her seat while Risa did the same. "Do you want to interview her instead?" Makoto asked.

"We can do this together." Risa suggested as she removed her blazer and place it over the back of her seat. "What time is she arriving?"

"A little pass ten?" Makoto responded.

With that, the two began to buried their face into their work, until Risa remembered something about Eri which Sayumi had mentioned the previous day. With that in mind, she stood up from her seat and went over to Makoto. "Hey Mako-chan, I'm going over to the CIL for a short moment. Will be back before ten." With that, Risa strode out of the office and down the connecting hallway and towards the CIL. When she entered the working space of the CIL, she sensed the extreme tense working atmosphere in it. In caution, she walked sideways towards where Eri sat and stopped before her. The very stressed up girl was so focus in her work that she could not even sense the presence of Risa before her. It was only until Risa knocked lightly on her desk that Eri had looked up from her report.

"Gaki-san? What are you doing here?" Eri questioned.

"Why are you sitting outside here? I thought you had been promoted. Shouldn't you be sitting over at that office over there?" Risa asked curiously while pointing at the office Ai sat previously.

"I - I don't feel like moving into it." Eri stuttered as wave of uneasiness washed over here.

"Are you alright?" Risa concerned while glancing around her surrounding, only to catch a few glances from the scientists and technicians of the forensic labs, including Sayumi's and Miki's.

"I'm fine. . . " Eri insisted.

"Shall we have a talk? Inside?" Risa suggested while tilting her head towards the direction where the supervisor was located.

"I'm - I'm busy. . . Shall we talk another day?" Eri pulled out an excuse, after guessing the possible reason for the sudden serious Risa before her. She had guessed that Sayumi might had mentioned her recent weird behaviours and actions to Risa accidentally in some ways. To the fact that Eri had been trying to run away from the wave of guilt she had felt within herself, she did not want to talk to anyone at all, not at all.

"Just for a short moment. I promise." Risa insisted as she pulled Eri out of her seat and dragged Eri into the supervisor's office.

"Let go of me, Gaki-san . . ." Eri whined softly as she struggled to peel the fingers off her wrist the moment they reached the room. Risa let go as Eri had requested.

"What had happened to you, Kame?" Risa concerned again as she watched Eri dropped down chair and buried her face into her hands.

"I don't feel like talking." Came the muffled reply from Eri.

"I heard from Sayumin that you are highly tetchy these days. Something is definitely wrong. Tell me what happened?"Risa asked.

"It's nothing." That was the stubborn reply from Eri.

" Is it something that is to do with your relationship with Sayumin or?" Risa continued suggesting, which had gained ample attention of Eri to her.

"What do you mean by my relationship with Sayu? We are not dating or anything, how can there be anything wrong with our relationship? And why does it even matters to you? You are the last person whom I will want to talk about my love life." Eri looked up from her hands and argued. That was when Risa had noticed the trails of tears following down Eri's cheeks.

"I - " Risa felt herself melting in the hurtful stares that Eri gave her. The remorse aroused within her heart.

"It's about Takahashi-san." Eri soften her tone and continued.

"What about -"

"I feel so guilty about it, Gaki-san. Every night when I close my eyes, the fact that I had caused her suspension of being a forensic investigator and haunted me so much, so much to the fact that I cannot get pass myself to move into this room. I don't feel that this belongs to me.  I don't feel worthy of this position. I shouldn't had been the one to be nominated to this position. I shouldn't be. Yet I - I - "

"Kame. . ." Risa placing a soft pat on Eri's shoulder, stopping Eri from going on further. "Take a deep breath. . . I know how this feels. . . Because you are not alone." Risa trailed off to silence. "I'm experiencing the same thing as well. . ."

"I - "

"But how much more else can we do? There's nothing more else that we can do, except to return her the justice she should have. It's not the time for us to be self-blaming about what had resulted today. There's something more we should do rather than this, get it?" Risa advised,

"But - "

"She had placed you in this position for a reason, do you know that, Kame? I'm sure that she feels that you are worth it, and therefore, had placed you in her position. Make worthy of that chance. You are not being yourself and you are pulling the whole team into a real difficult position, have you realise? You need to be yourself and stop feeling guitly. Feeling guilty alone will bring you nowhere.  And Sayu. . . she -"

"I know. . . I know . . . " Eri interrupted immediately, stopping Risa from mentioning anything much more obvious.

"I'm glad you knew. . . Don't repeat any of my misdoing. . .  . . . " Risa trailed into silence. The unspoken words remained as understood between the two.

Eri stood up from the seat and paced back to the door. "I'm back to work. . ." With that, Eri flipped the door open. Before she managed to get out of the room, Risa had stopped her again.

"Move in soon. It will help to ease up the little tension present in the common space." Risa finished.

Eri nodded her head in slightly in acknowledgement, before getting out of the door fully and closed the door after her, leaving Risa standing all alone in the room first time in a long while. She looked around her surroundings, only to find the cupboard she had bang against previously was gone and was replaced by a brand new piece. The remembrance of the accidental kiss caused her heart to race slightly for a short moment. The moment was stopped when Risa tried to resisted against the race. Sensing that she should not stay any while longer and maybe needed back in her own department, Risa exited the room without giving any one last glance around the room.

'What am I going to do today again?' Ai wondered mindlessly as she kept her eyes on the street. She had been driving her herself around in her vehicle in the region on the street in the same way, mindless, for the past 2 hour, and it was not only until 5 more hours before Haru gets off from school.  "I hate this . . ." Ai mumbled softly to herself under her breath. She was getting a little too free for her liking. At the junction, she made an unintentional left turn, which brought her back to a familiar place she had came yesterday. The middle aged lady she met then came immediately into her mind. 'I wonder if she's alright. . . .I hope that her daughter had brought her into the hospital for a thorough check up in time. . . ' Ai hoped quietly in her mind. That had thus reminded her something else - Her own parents miles outside of the city, back in her home town. 'I wonder. . . If Papa Mama are doing well . . . or not. . .' Ai thought sadly in her mind. Without noticing it, her own conscious had drove her vehicle into the car park provided by the department store.  'Since I am back here again, might as well just get down and walk around to kill the more than enough free time I having right now.' With that in, Ai stopped her vehicle properly into the parking lot and got off the car and began to make her way towards the department store.

This time round, Ai got herself into the kids apparels department where she began to make herself through the aisles of bright coloured - pink, red, orange- clothing that would bring out the best of innocence and charm of the young ones. She was so tempted to get everything for Haru, only to end up reminding herself that it will be too weird to be getting new items for the young girl every single day, especially as the identity of a simple care giver who is not in a good relationship with her mother. Ai knew deep within herself that her kindness to the little girl can lead to something she fears to happen. With that in her mind, Ai placed back all the clothing she had chose previously and continued to window shop around the area. After she was done with that area, she moved on to the next, back to the Disney shelves, where she saw numerous number of ornaments and cups that she had not seen the day before. Ai picked up a pair of matching cup and placed it right before her eyes. 'She will love this. . . ' With that in her hand, Ai began to proceed towards the same cashier she went yesterday, only to stop at the rack where she met the middle age lady.

'She looked like she wanted to get that white dress when I saw her yesterday. . . I wonder if . . . '  Ai picked the same white dress off the rack and glanced at it for a moment.    'She has a good taste. . . This white dress carries out a different level of elegance and beauty. . . ' Ai analysed in her mind. Unknowingly, she removed the hanger and replaced it back on the rack while rolling the white dress onto her the other hand. 'Why am I buying it? This is not my style. . . ' Ai realised what she was doing. Though that, she brought the two piece of item : The matching cups and the white autumn dress towards the cashier and began to pay for her purchases. Allowing the cashier to pack the items into a single red shopping back, sealed with a white ribbon, Ai left the department store and continued her wander around the city.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Niigaki-san, Ogawa-san, A person by the name of Tanaka Reina is here." A uniformed PO came into the office of FID and spoke.

"Thank You!" Makoto shouted over to the PO before turning over to Risa. "Let's go?"

"Let's go!" Risa grabbed an empty confidential file and a few writing papers from her desk before getting up from her seat and reunited with Makoto who was already at the door.

"I hope we will get new leads from Tanaka-san today. It feels helpless to be stuck at the same place with no further improvements in the case. The rape victims from the 5 cases need their justice." Makoto determined.

"Yes." Came the firm agreement from Risa. 'And hers as well . . . ' Risa added silently in her mind.

The duo walked down the long hallway that leads to the interview room in silence.  "Good Afternoon, Tanaka-san." Makoto greeted the moment she entered the room, followed off by Risa. "Good Afternoon, Reina-san. How is your wound recovering?" Risa concerned, causing Makoto to stare at her strangely. 

"Do you know her?" Makoto asked in surprise.

"She's the kind Samaritan who had volunteered to donate her liver to Haru-chan back in the crash. That was why I said we should do this interview together. I can't do it alone." Risa explained briefly, with Makoto nodding her head in acknowledgement.

"I'm recovering fine. How are you, Niigaki-san? Are you -" Reina wanted to concern about Risa's recovery from her brother's attack but had stopped midway when she realised she may had spoke too much. That previous statement had gained enough attention of Risa and Makoto and Reina could tell that she had spoke too much from the awed expression on the former two faces. "I mean . . . Haru-chan. . . How's her recovery?" Reina continued, hoping that would covered her slip off moments ago.

Both the police had seemed to notice the slip off but had chose to let it be for the moment. "Haru's recovering well as well. "

"I'm glad to hear that." Reina commented, leading to the silence of the room.

"So, Tanaka-san," Risa changed her way of addressing as she serious up her tone. "Do you know the reason for being called in today?" Risa asked, officially starting the interview.

"Am I called in in regarding about my brother?" Reina replied.

"I see you know the reason why." Risa finished. "May I asked when was the last time you had seen your brother, and when was the last time you were in contact with your brother?" Risa continued with her questioning.

"It was that morning where my brother had went overseas, for both seen and contact. My brother doesn't has the habit to contact people when he was out of the country." Reina answered. With that response from Reina, Risa could tell that the shorter girl was lying. The shorter girl had forgotten the fact that particular afternoon, Risa and her had actually met each other.

"Are you sure?" Risa raised a tone, hoping that would make Reina to speak the truth.

Reina said nothing. She had only responded that question of doubt with a confident  nod of the head.

Risa took a deep breath to prevent herself from flaring up. She could not understand the reason why Reina was trying to cover up the issues regarding her brother. To Risa, this brother was nothing near to the worthiness to be protected, especially by Reina, whom Risa felt that she was a kind hearted girl. "Reina-san, do you know what we are talking about? Your brother being a suspect of 5 sexual assault cases! If you are caught lying or hiding any facts that you knew, you will be in a deep trouble!" Risa shouted as she pushed back her seat and stood up, knocking the seat onto the ground, shocking both Reina and too, Makoto.

"Gaki-san, calm down!" Makoto stood up and picked the chair back into position, before pulling Risa back into the seat. "Why are you so agitated?"

Risa shook her head in response as she huffed in deep breaths, attempting to calm down her temper.

"5 sexual assault cases?" Reina repeated as she looked at Risa in confusion. "I thought my brother was being warrant for arrest for Takahashi-san's case and Niigaki-san's abduction case?" Reina asked, not knowing that she had just let out something really important.

However, before Risa could use this perfect moment to continue to get Reina to speak the truth, another issue had sparked Makoto's interest.  "Takahashi-san? Is that the Takahashi-san that we knew? Why would Tanaka Juncho be responsible about Takahashi-san's case and suspension?" Makoto turned around and asked Risa.

"That, I will speak to you later." Risa assured before turning back to Reina. "How did you knew that the civil servant your brother abducted was me, Reina-san? From the records, we had only informed you that it was a civil servant that Tanaka Juncho had abducted." Risa questioned.

"I - I " Reina stuttered at the caught. She was squirming in fear and silence under Risa's strong glare.  "I saw Onii-sama carrying you up into your own vehicle after attacking you from your back. I felt really worried. I knew something is going to happen.  I called Takahashi-san for help."

"You called her for help?" Risa interrupted, surprised by the brand new piece of information that she had got to know.

"Oi, Brat!"

The familiar voice sounded in Risa's mind, but Risa could not place when had that call echoed in her ears. The nervousness in the voice triggered something unexplainable within the 'brat'. ' Was that during my unconsciousness?' Risa breathed in heavily, hoping that would calm her uneven breathing. She shook her head slightly, hoping that would shake the thought out of her mind. This is not the time to talk about this.

"But, that's not what she had said." Makoto interrupted, stating the statement Risa wanted to make. "From the statement report taken by Gaki-san, Takahashi-san said that she had found Gaki-san's car at the street, parked in an inorderly manner. She felt insecure about it and went up the building to check it up." Makoto explained.

"That, was an agreement between me and Takahashi-san." Reina confessed, looking absolutely battered and tired.

"Agreement?" Risa raised half a tone at the statement made.

"Yes, in exchange for Haru-chan's transplantation."

Risa was awed at the fact. How much had she not knew about the underground transaction regarding Haru's hospitalisation. And she still had the guts to accuse the merciless actions Ai had displayed.

Makoto looked up from the testimony she was writing. "So you mean you had knew Takahashi-san from before?" Makoto question.

Reina looked blankly at Risa, unwilling to explain they complicated relationship web, leaving Risa to collect the messed ends of the story. "That, Mako-chan, I will fill you in later."

"And the reason for your brother to stop his abduction and fled the country was?" Risa continued asking while Makoto continued writing.

"I told him so." Reina answered honestly.

"Why? Reina-san, Why?"

"Because he's my brother."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, it's you." Ai called out to the familiar back she thought she might know. The younger girl turned around and saw Ai, empty ended, preparing to leave to pick Haru up from school. She had placed the shopping bag into her vehicle, only to realised the young daughter of the middle age lady she had in her mind had just walked passed her.

"It's you?!" Yuri repeated the same greeting before rushing forward and gave a hug, shocking the latter to a huge extent at the sudden intimacy.

"Erm. . . ." Ai stuttered as she felt her arms being tied by her side, unable to make any movement. "Are you alright?" Ai choked out.

Yuri sensed the uneasiness of Ai and begun to take the initiative to move back, giving Ai the space she wants. She had yet to realised her abrupt behaviour was slightly inappropriate, especially towards someone she had barely knew. And when she finally did, she flushed in red. "I'm . . . I'm alright . . ." Yuri answered before apologising about her previous actions. "Sorry about that just now. . . I was just too. . . "

"It 's alright. . . " Ai assured, allowing the younger girl to return back to her relaxed self.  "Is . . . Is your mom doing fine?" Ai asked as she stuffed her hands into her pants pocket.

The shy smile on Yuri's face disappear at the risen question. "Mama. . . fainted on the streets last evening and was brought into the hospital. . . The doctors said it was a stroke. "Yuri explained with worry evident on her face.

"I -"

"I'm grateful." Yuri interrupted as she bowed at Ai. "I'm grateful for your advice. If . . . "

"But I was still too late. . . "

"It's enough. . . " Yuri assured as she grabbed into Ai's wrist. "It's enough. . . "

Ai remained silence as the grip on her wrist tightened. Ai nodded her head lightly in acknowledgement. "What's your name?" Ai asked.

"Yuri. Niigaki Yuri." Yuri introduced herself.

"Niigaki?" Ai repeated quietly. 'Yet another Niigaki? I don't remember Niigaki being a common surname in the country, but why do I keep meeting people with Niigaki as their last name?' Ai wondered in her mind.

"Yupps." Yuri responded without noticing the slight questioning tone in Ai's voice. "Nee-san's ?" Ai shivered at the address Yuri made.  Yuri noticed that small reaction and added on quickly. "Is it alright to call you Nee-san? Since . . "

"It's alright. . ." Ai reassured quickly. "Ai. Takahashi Ai." Ai lifted her right arm up and checked the time on her watch. "Are you going anywhere now? I have a little time to spare, so I can drive you to your destination." Ai offered while pointing her nose towards the direction her vehicle was.

"I'm on my way to the hospital." Yuri replied, nodding her head a little.

"I'll give you a lift." Ai offered as she signalled Yuri to go over to the other side while getting onto her driver's seat. Yuri did the same and strapped herself immediately into the seat. "Which hospital is Niigaki-san admitted into?" Ai asked as she started the engine.

"Keio University Hospital." Came the polite reply.

That caught Ai's attention. "Keio University Hospital. . ." Ai repeated softly. With that in her mind, Ai drove the vehicle out of the car park and into the main parking space. It took Ai approximately 30 minutes to drive the car through the alighting lobby of Keio University Hospital.

"Thank you for the lift." Yuri thanked as she unbuckled her seatbelt and prepared to get off the car. That was only until Ai stopped her.

"Wait a minute." Ai called out, causing Yuri to stop, with her feet out of the vehicle, still seated on the seat of the passenger seat. Ai leaned and reached for the red shopping bag placed at the back seat and passed it to Yuri. "This, I saw your mother's indecision to get it from the department store."

"I - I see. . . " Yuri stuttered, surprised at the sudden action. "How much was it, I will pay you back. " Yuri reached for her backpack for her wallet.

"It's alright." Ai stopped the younger girl's action. "Treat it as a gift to your Mother." Ai tried to smile.

"Thanks then." Yuri smiled genuinely. The smile Yuri gave Ai reminded her of someone else, someone who she could not figure up in her mind at that moment. With that, Yuri got completely off the car and shut the door, before waving goodbye to Ai. After which, she glide through the sliding door and up the elevator to the ward her mother was staying.

"Mama!" Yuri greeted the moment she entered to ward and saw her father, seated by the side of the bed, reading the day's newspaper to her mother who was sat up on her bed.

"You went shopping?" Yuri's Papa asked as he glanced at the shopping bag.

"Mmm." Yuri shook her head while making her way to the side of the bed, opposite to where her dad was sat and placed the shopping back on the bedside table. It's a gift from the lady whom Mama and I met yesterday. I had met her again today and she had passed it to me. "

"What is it?" Came the tired and stirred voice of her mother as she raised her left hand to get the shopping bag onto the bed to check the contents. Though she was a right handed, the stroke had caused her to loss her ability to move her right hand as freely as she could. The first item she felt was the icy cold surface of the ceramic cup in the bag. She pulled that out and saw the Mickey cups. "Mickey?" She placed it back quietly.  Next she pulled out the fabric content, which had surprised her, causing her to drop it onto the blanket covering over her legs.

"Nee-san told me that Mama was looking at it yesterday, and had the intention to get it." Yuri explained.

"Nee-san?" The dad repeated in a raised tone, with slight anger present in his voice at the mention of the term. 

"That's how I called the lady." Yuri explained quickly, trying to prevent the fire from blazing in the father. "Mama, are you alright?" Yuri noticed the mother's amiss reaction. "I - "

"I'm alright. . . "  The mom replied before turning slowly towards the dad. "Papa, I'm a little thirsty. Can you get a drink from the canteen?" 

"Sure, Mama. I will be back real soon. Rest well." With that, the dad stood up from his seat  and walked out of the ward, leaving Yuri and the mother alone in the room.

"Yuri."

"Yes Mama?"

"Pass these to her." Came the quiet voice. "Birthday. . . "

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Reina-san, thank you for your cooperation. We will inform you again if the legal department will charge you with false witnessing regarding the issue." Makoto finished as she stood by the doors, allowing Reina to pass through the open doors. Reina bowed in respect before walking out to the street. Makoto turned around and faced Risa, giving her the most demanding face that she could give. "GAKI-SAN! you better explain to me everything word by word to me before I get my hands on YOU!" Makoto threatened while draping her arm around Risa's neck.

"I will. . . But. . . Promise me, all these that I am going to say are going to stay between us. You are not suppose to speak a word to anyone, especially your Konno-san!" Risa replied, while trying to remove the hands off her neck that were choking her. "So let me go!" Risa struggled with a slight smile while fighting with Makoto.

"No, no way I am going to let you go. SAY!" Makoto joked as she dragged Risa up the stairs.

The vibration in Risa's pants caused her to stop in her steps, halting Makoto in her action as well. "Wait, I have a call! Let me go!" Risa wriggled her shoulders, making Makoto to release her grip. When she did, the first thing she had done was to pull out her phone. The flashing ID on the screen caused the light mood of Risa to fade away immediately. She stood aside and  answered the call, with her first question being, "Did things went bad?"

"No. . Ri-ko . . . That's not the reason for me to call you." Yuri assured on the other side of the line. She had left the mother's ward the moment the father came back from the canteen, with the excuse on fulfilling her mom's order to bring the gift back home first. "Can we meet up? I have something to pass to you. . " Yuri continued as she raised her head to check the frequency of the bus.

"Hmmm. But I'm busy at work. " Risa mumbled through the receiver.

"Can I come over to your workplace then? Which Koban are you working at right now?" 

"Just take the cab over to Tokyo MPD headquarters. I will pay for the fares and be waiting for you at the entrance." Risa gave in and ordered, hanging the phone moments after.

"What's wrong? You looked stressed up after answering that call. . .. " Makoto came over and asked.

Risa forced a smile and shook her head. "It was nothing. Mako-chan, you can return back to the office first. I'll be back in moments time. " Risa told her as she pushed Makoto up the stairs. Makoto rebelled and leaned her back against Risa's hands, refusing to move.

"EH, Why? Haven't you said that you are going to explain everything to me? And now you are pushing me back to the office and intend to disappear again? There's no way I am going to buy that." Makoto argued.

"I will! And I meant it for sure!" Risa reassured, continuing to push the younger girl up.

"You better mean it." Makoto gave in, removing her weights away from Risa and stood upright by herself.

While Makoto left returned to the office, Risa sat alone, aimlessly, while she waited for the arrival of her little sister. And when she saw a cab that would fit the timing that her sister should arrive, Risa stood up and walked towards the entrance, preparing the money she would need to pay the fares.

"Ri-ko!" Yuri greeted as she got out of the cab, with the red shopping bag after her.

"What's up?" Risa asked after she paid and turned her attention back to Yuri.

"Eh. . .Ri-ko is working over here right now? That's amazing!! To think I had thought that Ri-ko may be still working at a Koban. . . "

"I had only been promoted to be a Senior Inspector Officer late last year." Risa informed quietly. "So what do you want to pass to me . . . "

"This. . . Mama asked me to give this to you. I guess it is a birthday present she will want to give to you." Yuri held the shopping bag before Risa's face and presented. Risa received the present in hesitation before Yuri continued. "Ne, Ri-ko. . . "

"Yes?"

"Oh Gaki-san!" Came a third voice interrupting the conversation.

"Sayu? Kame?" Risa acknowledge.

"What are you doing out here?" Sayumi asked while brushing pass Risa, with Eri following behind her.

"What are you two doing here?" Risa chose not to answer the question. Instead, She raised another question for the pair.

"We are out on another case. Talk to you later!!" Sayumi explained, with Eri just waving a polite goodbye.

Risa returned her attention back to Yuri. "What were you saying from before?" Risa asked.

"Ne, Nee-chan. . . "

"What's wrong?" Risa sensed the seriousness of her sister's tone.

"Nothing." Yuri shook her head in stubborn. "Will you go visit Mama? It seems like Mama. . . misses you. . . "

"How can that be possible." Risa snickered. "They said they will never want to see me in the rest of their life. You were there, Yuri. You heard that. I'm not their daughter anymore. You are their only daughter right now. " Risa continued, with tears brimming at the corner of her eyes. "I don't want to agitate Mama any further."

"But since Mama -"

"Say nothing more, Yuri." Risa patted Yuri's forehead. "I have more work to do, I got to leave. Be careful . . . "

With that Risa, turned around and headed back towards the MPD tower.

"Nee-chan!"

"Yes?" Risa wiped away the fallen tear with the back of her hands and turned around.

"If. . . I miss you, can I come here and find you?" Yuri asked, causing Risa to go speechless. Risa made no verbal response, giving Yuri only a light nod of her head. "No matter what happens, you will always be my sister. . ." Finishing her sentence, it was Yuri's turn to turn around and walk away, leaving a touched Risa mouthing a small thank you to the empty space.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tadaima!" Risa shouted out tiredly. After being pestered by Makoto for the whole afternoon for the whole story, Risa was dead tired.

"Okaeri!" Haru returned as she came running out of the kitchen, with a apron over her clothes and hugged Risa by her knees. Ai followed after Haru soon after out of the kitchen. The first thing she noticed was the red shopping bag in Risa's possession.

"You went shopping?" Came a monotonous statement from Ai.

"It's a gift."

"For Haru?" Haru asked. Risa made no oblivious reply, with just a slight smile towards Haru. "Can Haru look through it?"  Risa nodded her head lightly. After she got the permission to look through the bag, Haru get her hands started immediately, with the pair of matching cup the first set of item she had pulled out. "Is this for Haru? It's Mickey and Minnie matching cup!" Haru shouted excitedly.

Ai was astonished by that. 'That was exactly what I had got this afternoon. . .' Ai stole a glance at Risa. 'Why is it that we had always get the same item. . .' Ai narrowed her eyes at Risa. Risa paid no attention to Ai as she had kept all of her attention on the cups held by Haru.

'It's because of Mama. . . that I had kept such a huge love for Disney. . . '

Haru placed the cups on the dining table before getting her hands back into the bag, pulling out the pure white knee length dress out of the bag. "This is so beautiful!! Is this for Mama? Mama, change into it! Haru wants to see how Mama will look like in it!" Haru squeaked.

"That-" Ai wanted to say something, but kept it all within herself. Instead, she walked towards Risa, took off her apron, and placed it into Risa's arms. "Since you are back, you can continue with the dinner. I will make my move now." Ai spoke.

"Eh? Nee-chan is not staying for dinner?"

Ai shook her head lightly with a gentle smile to Haru. "I will see you tomorrow morning." With that, Ai made her way to the hallway where she put on her shoes.

"Wait." Risa called out.

"Yes?"

"Haru has a routine check up tomorrow with Matsuura-sensei at 430 pm. Can you bring Haru to the hospital while I meet the two of you over there?" Risa informed. Ai nodded her head and headed out of the house, not staying in the apartment for any moments longer.

Risa sighed inwardly. 'Why is it that. . . we can never ever have a normal conversation with each other?' The sadness shivered in Risa's chest. 'And. . . why does the fact that we can never have a normal conversation cause so much pain within the left chest?' Risa thought wretchedly within herself.

"Mama?" A tug on her blazer brought Risa's attention back to the little girl. "Are you going to try out the dress for Haru to see?" Haru tilted her head and asked.

Risa shook her head in response. "Mama will only wear it next month." Risa replied ambiguously. Of course she understood what her younger sister was trying to bring across this afternoon. The fact that her birthday is more than a month time away, her mother had already started looking around for items that would be suited for her birthday present. What would that mean? But deep within Risa, she knew that she had no rights nor countenance to face her family. "Is Haru hungry?" Risa changed the topic, putting on the apron given by Ai previously.

"Yes."

"Let us go back to the kitchen and continue in making the dinner." Risa suggested, hanging the white dress on the backrest of the dining chair, before moving into the kitchen. "What are you two intending to make before Mama came home?" Risa asked curiously.

"Instant noodles!" Came the excited reply from Haru, getting an equally shocked expression Risa.

'How had she managed living alone in a foreign country for years without knowing how to cook a proper meal?' Risa blinked her eyes in unbelievingly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ai rested on the counter of her own kitchen as she waited blankly for her cup noodles to be cooked.  'Why was the items exactly the same as the ones I had gotten this afternoon? Haven't I got them for the lady from the department store I had met yesterday? ' Ai wondered curiously in her mind. 'That girl, Yuri. . . She said her last name was Niigaki, didn't she? Niigaki. . . Isn't that the same last name as the brat? Could it be that. . . That could explain her being back late last night, yet not because of her work. . .If that was the case, why hadn't she said anything about it. . . since it's her family, wouldn't it be that Haru-chan should know about it as well. . . But why didn't she explained the reason why? But . .  But it could be just a mere coincidence that the person who got her the gift got the exact items I had bought this afternoon. . .' Ai continued an essay in her mind before realising that the said brat was filling up her mind. 'Why am I even bothered to think about that? Ai finally realised.

She shook her head lightly before she grabbed her cup noodles from the counter and a pair of chopsticks from the utensils stand, making her way into the living room where she pulled the paper cover off and started digging into her dinner. A single mouthful was all what she had taken. The noodles had went all mushy after soaking in the boiling water longer than expected. Ai placed the noodles on the coffee table and crossed her arm, slightly displeased for the fact that her dinner was ruined. Ruined by the fact that she was keeping her mind focus on issues regarding Risa and not about the time about her food being cooked.

Being frustrated, Ai got up from the sofa and made her way back to her room, where she laid on her bed face down. She had decided to go to sleep with an empty stomach. She was just too lazy and tired to prepare her dinner once more. "Go to sleep, Ai!" Ai shouted to her own self.

"Stay here tonight."

The gentle, unexpected statement from Risa last night echoed in Ai's mind the moment she closed her eyes. 'Was that the reason why she had asked me to stay last night?' Ai thought in her mind.  'She must be feeling confused about having her mom hospitalised and not being able to do anything about it, didn't she? Ai analysed in her mind with her eyes wide open. Before she knew it, her mind was filled up by the brat again, to the fact that she began to slap herself slightly on her head. 'AND why does that even relates to you? Since when were you concerned about her issues, Ai?'  Ai scolded inwardly. She hit herself once more before attempting to close her eyes again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yet another long day is over again." Risa sighed heavily fell freely onto her bed, her eyes closing tightly. 'I can't believe she lied to me. . . about how she had found me in the apartment. I thought she hates me, hates the police. . . but. . . why did she do that ? All along, her denial for help, her denial about caring for Haru, was it because of the promise, no, the conditions set between her and Reina-san? Why did she did that? She . . . she was so against the issue about preventing the course of justice, yet, she brought herself to comply with Reina-san to protect her brother, even when she hated him right into her bones. What kind of person is she actually is?' Similarly, Ai had managed to fill the space in Risa's mind when she was trying to get some sleep.  'Am I starting to fall for her? Why does the thought of her, any conversation or interaction with her will result in this abnormal heart rate. . . Every since the time where we accidentally kiss. . . The image of her had began to change in my mind. The irritating, heartless investigator that I first knew has begun to change its form, into someone that I never thought I will see in her. . . '

Risa flipped to her side onto her tummy and buried her face into her pillow. 'No, Risa, you shouldn't be thinking about relationships now. Not anymore.'

"Get out of the house! If this is what you had chose, get out! You are no longer my daughter! I do not have a daughter like you! Get out!"  The angry voice from her younger years echoed in her mind. Incident from the past flashed past her mind, causing her to bury her face further into her pillow, silencing the silent cries she was making, until her eyes were tired and had fallen asleep, after speeding hours in the bed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yatta! It's been some time ever since Haru had met Matsuura-sensei!" Haru cheered when Ai walked side by side with Haru, at the entrance of the hospital and was about to enter into the building.

"You like Aya?" Ai asked, looking down at the young girl.

Haru nodded her head and slipped her small hands into Ai's hands. "Just like how Haru likes Nee-chan." Haru sweet talked, leading to the long lost smile to return to Ai.

"Nee-san?" A third voice from the back called out, causing Ai and Haru to turn back. Ai bowed politely in acknowledgement. "I thought I may had got the wrong person, but I'm glad I didn't." Yuri smiled politely at Ai. "Is this your daughter? She looks so cute and so much like you." Yuri commented.

"No, Nee-chan is not my mummy." Haru got herself involved into the conversation before Ai could correct Yuri.

"She's right. She's not my daughter." Ai replied slowly while trying to conquer the slight throbbing pain within her left chest. "She's just someone that I'm helping to look after while her mom is at work." Ai continued almost perfectly, seemingly that she had gotten use to put on a mask to mask her real emotions, like how she did for the past years she had spent. 'It seems like she does not know Haru. . . So, it's probably that she shares the same last name as the brat. . . If they are related, there will be a high chance that she will know who Haru is. . . ' Ai thought in her mind. 'Wait, why am I thinking about her again?'

Yuri squatted down to the same level as Haru. "What's your name?" Yuri asked in a childish way, causing Haru to laugh widely like a little baby being entertained by her favourite toy.

"Haru!"

"How old are you?"

"Seven!"

"Seven? What a big girl are you! Is Haru-chan an obedient girl?"

"Of course Haru is an obedient girl. Mama always says that Haru is the best girl in the earth, ne, Nee-chan?" Haru finished and shook Ai's arm, trying to get Ai to agree with her statement. Ai smiled lightly and gave a gentle nod to Haru. "See, even Nee-chan says so as well!" Haru celebrated.

Yuri said nothing. She just ruffled the hair of Haru and stood up back to her feet, coming face to face at the same level with Ai. "What are you doing over here today?" Yuri asked curiously as the trio began to move into the building.

"I'm bringing her here for her check up appointment." Ai replied courteously.

"Do you have some time to spare? My Mama says that she will want to thank you personally." Yuri asked.

Ai checked the time on her watch. "I still have some time to spare. I guess it's alright then."

"Mama! Looked who had I found?" Yuri ran into the ward, directly to the bed and informed, with Ai following slowly at the pace Haru was going.

"Konnichiwa." Ai greeted and bowed as she entered the room.

"It's you. . ." Came the surprisingly slightly energetic voice from the mother. Ai bowed again in respect before stepping in further into the room.

"I'm glad that you are recovering well." Ai said, with Haru hiding behind her back.

"Thank you for your concern and advice, Miss. And too, the gifts you had bought. . ." The mother began to thank Ai. "Papa, " She turned towards the father and continued. "This is the young lady I was talking to you about."

"Thank you for noticing the pre-stroke symptoms my wife was experiencing. If not, I think this daughter of mine would be totally lost, and would not even bring her Mama to the hospital when she fainted." The father joked, caused a frown to be formed on Yuri's face.

"Papa!" Yuri grunted.

"Let's ignore her." The father further joked. "Is that your daughter?" He asked. "She looks so much like you."

"You are so wrong about it this time round Papa!" It was Yuri's turn to get back on her father. "That's not her daughter. That's the child Nee-san is babysitting for." Yuri giggled.

"That's what you are best in, getting your dad in embarrassment!" The father scolding lightly, pushing the head to the side.

With the little joke, Haru began to warm up in the large number of strangers. Just minutes after they had entered the room, Haru had managed to make everyone in the room to laugh honestly from the bottom of their heart. That was only until Haru began to shout out the observation of her mother.

"Nee-chan! I saw Mama outside the room!" Haru shouted as she got off from the bed to Ai's side at the corner of the room.

"Really?"Ai raised a tone, surprised that Risa was able to find them at this ward, though Ai had mentioned nothing about visiting here. Without replying Ai, Haru pulled her out of the room, with Yuri following behind the duo like a curious cat. And when they got out of the room, all they saw were Risa hiding behind the wall, beside the door of the room.

"Ri-ko?"

"There you see! It's Mama!"

Both Yuri and Haru called out at the same time.

Risa was shivering, with fear and unexplained anger. "What are you doing here?" The question was directed directly to Ai.

"I- "

Before Ai could say anything, Risa grabbed Ai on her wrist and began to pull her away from Haru and Yuri. "Come with me." Came the tone that Ai had never heard from Risa. Risa pulled Ai down the halls, across the door where the parents had managed to catch a glimpse of Risa. Both were utterly shock and stunned, unable to move, while Yuri and Haru were both surprise after Risa had manage to put Ai out of them.

"Where is Mama and Nee-chan going?" Haru looked up at Yuri and asked, with tears forming in her eyes. Just a blink of an eye, she was left with someone she had not know for long, Haru was scared.

"Is that your Mama?" Yuri lowered herself to her knees to get into the same level as Haru.

Haru nodded her head innocently, still not getting what had just happened.

'So you are that little baby girl that Ri-ko had wanted to adopt back then. . . .' Yuri thought in her mind as she stroked Haru's face gently. "I'm sure they will be coming back. I will accompany to wait for them over here?"

"I don't want. I want to look for Mama." Haru requested stubbornly.

"Alright, I will bring you to look for your Mama, but at least let me inform my parents where I am going." Yuri let in. Haru nodded her head and allowed Yuri to hold her hands. Yuri got into the room and looked at her parents with seriousness. "I'm bringing her to look for her Mama. I will be back soon."

"Yuri, you better not-" The father was about to disallow her younger daughter to search for Risa, but was stopped by the mother.

"Let her to, Papa. Haru-chan looks like she's going to break down in any moment. She's the most innocent part in this story, isn't she? Let her find her Mama." The mother requested.

"Go." The father finally gave in. "But you make sure you don't speak to her. I don't have such a daughter."

On the other hand, Risa dragged Ai up the stairs to the paediatric ward level before dragging her into the toilet. and finally an empty cubicle. She locked the door behind her and pushed Ai against the compartment wall with her whole body weight.

"What are you doing here?" Came the same question from Risa.

"What do you mean by what am I doing here? You are the one who had asked me to bring Haru here for her check up last night, didn't you?" Ai replied, in the same offense level.

"I don't mean that! I meant what are you doing in THAT room!"  Risa raised her voice slightly, causing Ai to shout back the answer to her as well.

"VISITATION, dear SIO! What else can it be then?" Ai replied. "And please, let go of me, I am not your suspect or anyone as such! You do not have the authority to keep me in this position. " Ai tried to get herself out of the position, but had lost to the strength Risa carries in superior as an police office as oppose to her as an investigator.

"I have! You gave false statement, didn't you? That's against the law. I have the authority to!" Risa argued, keeping Ai to silence as the latter knew that that was true. "How did you managed to find out?" Risa choked.

"Find out what?" Ai asked impolitely, unable to get what Risa was trying to mean until her previous suspicion about Risa's relationship the Niigaki family she had just knew. "So, Yuri is really your sister?"Ai asked again, this time round with a more gentle tone. 

"No. . . " Risa loosen her grip and allow herself to fall back against the other compartment wall and leaned against it. "Not anymore. . . " Risa trailed off to silence. Tiredness can be detected for the almost inaudible voice. She raised her right hand and wiped away the fallen tear from the back of her hands.

"Not anymore?" Ai stood a step closer to Risa. "Why not anymore?"

"I was disowned by my father right before I turned 20 years old." Risa trailed off. This was the first time she had actually told someone about it. She had finally gotten a place to release the struggle she fight within herself period to period. "Yuri was only 16 back then. . . "

"Was it because of Haru?" Ai asked, knowing exactly what could have caused the family conflict that had happened. "I'm - I'm sorry." Ai finished, looking down on the tiled floor of the toilet.

Risa looked up at Ai while Ai looked up from the tiled floor at the same time, catching on each other's breath. "You don't have to. This is the first time I have ever heard you saying sorry, but, you really don't have to. It's not your fault." Risa repeated.

"But-"

"That was not the entire reason for him to disown me. It was something else." Risa admitted.

"You don't have to lie to me, I know it was about Haru. If I had noticed about her earlier, I wouldn't have brought her into this world. If I had noticed earlier, I wouldn't have abandoned her that night out of panic, and all these things will never happen, right?"

"No, you are wrong! It's not about that! It's about me liking a same gender, are you happy?" Risa blown out, pushing Ai back to the original position when Risa first dragged Ai into the cubicle. "And it's all happening again! Are you satisfied?" Risa pressed her nose onto Ai's nose, closing the distance between them to minimal. "I don't know why and I don't know how, but I have been telling myself lots and lots of time, never to fall in love again, because I know Papa is not going to like it. It only adds up the guilt within myself. But. . . I just can't help it but to fall in love again. . . " Tears continued to streak down Risa's face, leaving Ai rather speechless about the sudden outburst of Risa.

"I - "

Ai was silenced by the kiss Risa had lean in and gave. Her eyes went wide open, while her hands tried to push Risa away from her. That was her second kiss that Risa had just took. Her first kiss, was too, taken by the first person, when Ai had accidentally fell on Risa in her office. Since then, she knew something was wrong. Her heart was racing from that kiss and is still racing at this one. Risa began to deepen the kiss, forcing Ai's mouth to open when a familiar voice brought her back to her senses.

"Haru-chan!" The toilet door went opened and closed for a couple of times before Risa broke the kiss.

"Haru-chan?" Risa repeated unconciously.

Evil women is at her work again :X heheheheheh

@ kawaii beam : Woah, that was a long analysis. I like it :) heheh I hope this chapter will answers some of your question. I think at 7 years old, Haru will remember what someone says, but wouldn't have the ability to think deeper in thoughts how can that be possible. . .  heheh.  Yupps, and risa did, in her subconcious mind though. . .heheheheh :)

Yupps. but it ended up it takes less than a day for them to source the problem and solved it =X It was just me who had taken more that enough time to write up this uber long chapter before the update =X  hehehe.

@ rndmwierd : yupps, you were partially right. I will write up a detailed flashback in the next chapter, so do look out!! hehee
Well. . . they did get a little bit more closer in this chapter though. . .HEHEHE

« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 05:13:33 AM by caiyunki »

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: SEARCH [ . C #23 ] 14 December 2011
« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2011, 03:12:07 AM »
This update is so long! I'm happy! So many thoughts in this and so much being revealed.

I don't even know where to start, except to say I just realized how crazily serendipitous the whole scenario is. Oddly, it works, especially considering how small the world is some days.

Eri seems to be back on track and Mako-chan is let into Risa's loop, which makes for a good support system later on.

And then comes family drama, starting with poor Reina, whom I really hope doesn't end up suffering too much, though just enough would be nice.

And of course, Takagaki kiss at the end! Poor frazzled Risa, it's so easy to forget about little Haru, isn't it? Somehow, I think Ai will be the least happy if they lose her daughter in the hospital, lol.

Offline Beecubed

• Charmy Follower 4 Life. <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am of IshiYoshi faith.
« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2011, 04:35:25 AM »
OMG. This chapter looks so long and delicious.  :drool:

I'm going to savour this and come back with some fangirling.  :heart:

Offline mochi.rini

• lover of all TakaGaki and food :D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • nomnomnomnom
« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2011, 07:27:07 AM »
I'm totally commenting after being a lurking fan since chapter one!~  Both versions are the story have been super duper amazing so far and I love reading it (more then once too!)

I love the whole full circle that has happened~  I don't think any expected it lol! Gaki's parents...or more specifically her papa...BAKA!  :scolding: I honestly thought that they disowned her cause they thought she had a child or something...but not cause of Gaki's sexual preference!  I wonder if they knew she was dating Kame then? :O  I hope you write a flashback!

At least Mama and Yuri still love Risa~ :bigdeal:

And poor Haru!  SHe must be so confused now that everyone compares her to Aichan!  And she saw her Mama and Nee-chan have adult time in a cubicle  :wahaha:  I'm totally excited for more!  Keep up the good work!  :twothumbs  Big chapter....loved it~

:byebye:
Hi~iiya!~  (>^_^)>
I support T a k a G a k i
Tumblr/blog \(^ - ^)/

Offline kawaii beam

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Taka+Gaki=EPIC X3
« Reply #172 on: December 14, 2011, 04:52:35 PM »
ok now i can comment on theis chapter so here we go, 1st thing is THIS THE TINIEST PLACE IN THE WORLD!!! XD next thing we know we'll somehow run into ai's parents or something XDD but down to the seriousness~!

i love haru and risa's relationship it's just so cute~ i feel that if anything haru's gonna look like ai-chan but have risa's personality when she grows up lol, but risa cant hide the fact that she's adopted forever, and with everyone saying her and ai look alike i feel like it's going to slip out sooner than later and with haru at 7 finding out could be more of a bad than good thing. and i love how haru remembered about the mutaited roach thing XDD i would've had a total "wth!?" moment myself if my godsister asked about that XDD

for the relationship about eri and risa is kinda normal yet not, but it makes sense since they did kinda breakup weirdly if i cant remember due to little haru. i totally thought that sayu and eri were going out as a couple but i can see i was totally decived XD and kame shouldnt hold all of that guilt to hrself like that, eventhough she helped put ai in the position that she's in now ai still believed that she was teh best person for the job. plus im sure ai's happier to spend time with haru even if that means she has a crapful of time on her hands lol

speaking of that i love how spending time with haru is causing ai to come out of her shell a bunch XD even to the point that she's buying stuff for ppl she doesnt even know! XD but i personally like this kind of ai-chan, she's slowly warming up to people again and that's a good thing.

the interview with reina was pretty interesting, seems like everyone knows something someone else doesnt lol but i also wonder why reina continues to protect her brother? i understand that he's blood, but noone should be alowd to be saved from something as bad as what he did >.>

yui's totally cute too lol seems like anyone with the last name niigaki can just cling on to ai and call her nee-chan XD and all she wants is to see risa more often. ;3; the poor girl must've really missed risa when their parents kicked her out.

and with haru she can surely draw a smile out of anyone~ even her grandma and tough grandpa. that last part though really made me wonder what's gonna happen now, i mean haru could easily think that the kiss between her two mama's could be nothing or that one was comforting the other, but at the same time she can probably know if somethings up....ah~ so many ways this could turn~!!!! i hope it doesnt make her act weird though ;3;

well i cant wait for the next one~ :deco:

please visit kawaii-chan's avie's and siggies!

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #173 on: December 24, 2011, 06:46:30 PM »

[ . # C24 ]

Ai's eyes went wide open at the name. 'No. . . ' Her worst nightmare may had came true.

"What was I doing?"  Risa jumped a step back, after realising what she had been doing. Her unconscious mind had began to take control of herself when she had decided to spill out the contents of her heart - how her father had disowned her and how she had been deceiving herself for years, living with guilt about her unfilially actions.  "I - I -" Risa tried to explain. But before she could, something else more important had rung in her mind.  "Haru-chan!" Risa took a further step backwards away from Ai and turned around, unlocked the cubicle door and ran out of the cubicle, where she began to chase after the empty shadow.

Ai snapped out of her own fear and looked up. "Haru . . . chan . . ." Ai blinked her eyes repeatedly in daze. Without a sound, Ai followed the steps Risa had went, pulling the door open roughly and out of the rest room. From her position, she could see the disappearing figure of Risa down the far end of the hallway. Without thinking twice, Ai followed after.

The aimless search continued down the level, where Risa saw Yuri seated at on the floor, with her hands holding onto a swollen ankle. "Yuri!" Risa rushed forward to her younger sister on the ground and tried to help her up. "Are you alright?" Risa concerned when Yuri cried painfully as she was pulled onto her feet by Risa. Risa carried the whole of Yuri's weight and helped her over to the nearest chair -- less than a metre away.

"Nee-chan! Chase after Haru-chan! She had went over that way!" Yuri rattled as she swung Risa's arm. Ai had chased up to the pair of sisters and saw the direction Yuri pointed. In haste, Ai followed the direction without waiting for Risa. "She heard everything. She went into the washroom when the two of you were talking about her. . . She heard everything. . ." Yuri updated as fear dawned over her face.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Nee-san. . . " Haru called out as she tugged the hand that was holding onto hers.

"Yes, Haru-chan?" Yuri looked down and responded.

The pair had walked around the hospital for quite a while trying to located Ai and Risa. "I need the washroom . . . " Haru replied quietly.

Yuri nodded her head and began to lead Haru to the nearest toilet. When they reached, Yuri pushed the door, allowing Haru to get into the toilet first.

"Yuri was only 16 back then. . . "

Excitement filled Haru's soft features as she heard the familiar voice of her mother. "M-" Before Haru could open her mouth and called for her mother, another familiar voice to her had came in, silencing the young girl for the whole of rest of the time.

"Was it because of Haru?"

The ears of Haru perked up at the mentioned of her name. 'What was that about?' Haru thought curiously in her mind as the brows furrowed.

On the other hand, curious thoughts was too formed in Yuri's curious mind. 'Did Ri-ko told Nee-san about what had happened back then?'

"I'm sorry . . .  " Ai's voice continued. The apology caused more confusion in Yuri.

"You don't have to. This is the first time I have ever heard you saying sorry, but, you really don't have to. It's not your fault."

'Could it be. . .' A possible situation formed in Yuri's mind. She turned down and stared at Haru.   'Is this your daughter? She looks so cute and so much like you.' The question she had raised for Ai earlier on rang in her mind. 'Could it be. . .'

"But-"

"That was not the entire reason for him to disown me. It was something else."

"You don't have to lie to me, I know it was about Haru. If I had noticed about her earlier, I wouldn't have brought her into this world. If I had noticed earlier, I wouldn't have abandoned her that night out of panic, and all these things will never happen, right?"

As Ai's voice continued to reflect and echo against the smooth tiled walls of the washroom, an unreadable expression began to form upon Haru's face. The initial smile on her first had way gone away, leaving a deep frown on the young adolescence face. The young child began to tremble, with her shoulders shaking uncontrollably. 'Why did Nee-chan said that she wouldn't have brought Haru into this world. Wouldn't it be Mama who was the  one who had brought Haru here? Why was it that it was Nee-chan who said that? Mama is not Haru's Mama? But. . . how can that be? Abandon? Did Nee-chan left Haru? Is Nee-chan Haru's Mama?'  Haru was all lost in her thoughts, unable to comprehend with the details she had heard just moments ago. The frown deepened as fear deepened as well. And all these had remained unnoticed by Yuri as she herself was totally fascinated by what she had been just presented with.

"No, you are wrong! It's not about that! It's about me liking a same gender, are you happy? And it's all happening again! Are you satisfied? I don't know why and I don't know how, but I have been telling myself lots and lots of time, never to fall in love again, because I know Papa is not going to like it. It only adds up the guilt within myself. But. . . I just can't help it but to fall in love again. . . "

'Nee-chan . . . ' Yuri cried in sympathy in her mind for her sister as memories from the past flashed past her mind, just as fresh as if it had only happened yesterday.

"I - "

Yuri narrowed her eyes at the younger child, finally remembering Haru was with her. All she saw was a crying child, bitting onto her lips as Haru shook her head repeatedly, with her hands covered over her ears. The next moment, before Yuri knew it, Haru had took off. Out of the toilet and down the hallway the two had came from. "Haru-chan!" Yuri called out after the fleeing figure, following in suit, causing the door that she was holding onto to slam close loudly. "Haru-chan!" Yuri continued to call out as she chased down the stairways to the lower levels. Just as she was to catch up with Haru, an slip of her foot caused her ankle to bent, spraining it in the process and falling onto the ground as she watched Haru's figure moving further away from her. "Haru-chan!" Yuri called out desperately. But it seems like the young child had made no intention to stop and listen. Yuri tried to get up, only to be stopped by the sharp pain running through her swollen ankle. "Haru-chan!" Yuri whined this time round.

"She looked really distress when she ran away. . . I guess. . . what she had heard was just too much for her. . ." Yuri whimpered quietly. "Chase after her, Ri-ko. You won't anything to happen to her, don't you?" Yuri requested again.

"I won't let anything bad happen to her." Risa replied firmly as she reassured. She stood up from Yuri's side and prepared to chase after Ai, only to be stopped by Yuri's soft apology.

"Nee-chan. . . I'm sorry. . . " Came the soft almost inaudible voice.

"It's not your fault." Came the last sentence from Risa before the elder sister took her speed off.

Yuri bent down as she buried her face into her trembling hands. 'I'm sorry, Nee-chan.  .  . If I had not tell Papa Mama what I had seen at the park that day. . . Papa Mama would probably not drive you out of the house. . . '

'Yatta! It's going to be Ri-ko's 20th birthday in a week time! What should I get for her birthday on this special year?' Yuri contemplated in her mind as she skipped past the park that she would passed by on her way from high school. And as she did, she noticed a familiar back view at the park. She stopped and watched from where she was, at the outer rim of the park.

"Kame . . . " Risa called out as Eri approached her from afar.

"I know what you want to say. . . Let's break up, shall we. . . isn't that so?" That was the first thing Eri uttered when she stopped before Risa.

"How - " Risa shot up from the seat, coming into a eye to eye contact with Eri.

"Risa-chan. . . you have been forgetting about me for the past 5 months. How many dates have you missed? If you have found someone else who is more worthy of your love than me, tell me. Stop putting me in the middle of air. Stop giving vibes of hope. " A single tear trailed down Eri's face.

"Kame - I'm sorry." Risa looked away from Eri and directed her attention onto her shoes, where she feel her toes wriggling in them in anxiety.

"So it's true. . . that you have found someone who is more worthy than me? "

"There's someone I thought I can give her a chance of life she should have. . . Can . . . we still remain as friends?  Risa held her own hands tight together beside her back, still keeping her eyes on the floor.

Silence stood still between them. Eri looked up unto the sky, keeping her own tears back to herself. "Of course we can still remain as friend, Gaki-san." Eri replied, switching to nickname that everyone had been calling Risa. "But . . . can you kiss me for a last time. A last gift. A goodbye kiss." Eri whispered softer long moments after.

Guilt stricken upon Risa. Eri closed her eyes and lifted her head slightly, waiting for Risa's last goodbye. But it never came. The last kiss she wanted on her lips never came. Instead, she felt Risa cold hands holding onto her cheeks, lowering down her head slightly, before feeling a sense of warmth over her forehead. 

The watching audience at the south of the park was stunned, froze in her steps. 'What was Ri-ko doing?' That was the only thought that had ran in the 15 years old mind. She took a step back and took off, towards the direction that would bring her back to her home of comfort. She flustered back home, slamming the door close after her and leaned against it.

"Risa is that you?" Came the mother's voice echoing into the corridor.

"No. . .It's Yuri." Yuri hesitated for a moment before replying. She took off her shoes and placed it in its position on the shoe rack. The mother came over to the corridor just as Yuri climbed a step up to the wooden tile.

"Okaeri, Yuri." Her mother greeted. "Are you running a fever? You looked red in your cheeks" The mother rushed over and placed her palm over Yuri's forehead. Yuri shook her head in denial immediately.

"Okaa-san, is Risa back home yet?" The father came out of Risa's room with a set of documents in his possession and into the living room as Yuri and Mother entered into the same place as well.

"Risa's not home yet." The mother replied. "What's that?" The mother questioned curiously as she saw the documents that the Father grabbed tightly in his hands.

"That Risa! She's getting slightly overboard right now." The father blurted out as he placed the papers on the coffee table, allowing the mother to take over them.

"Adoption papers?" Mother read the title of the documents.

Yuri said nothing. She sat there in daze, still unable to get the scene where her sister kissed another girl on the forehead out of her mind. "Yes. I wonder what's that dear is going to do." The dad replied, shaking his head in the process.

"Yuri, did Risa told you anything about this?" The mother turned and asked Yuri, only to get a silence in reply. Yuri had heard nothing of as such. She was still in her daze. "Yuri?" She called out again, still not getting any response from the youngest member of the family. "Yuri?" She patted on Yuri's arm and called out, causing Yuri to snapped out of her own world. "Are you alright? You don't seemed well ever since you returned back from school? Did anything bad happened? Did you get bullied by your classmates or?" The mother concerned.

"I - " Yuri contemplated. Contemplating where should she reflect to her parents what she had just saw at the park. "I - " Yuri stuttered again. "I saw - saw Ri-ko . . . kissing a . . . a girl at the park. . . "

The eyes of the parents went wide open. Shock was written all over the place. Down the hallway echoed the sounds of the keys, indicating the return of Risa. Attention was directed to the direction of the hallway.

"Tadaima!" Risa greeted as she entered into the living room, only to find herself being stared at her family members. "Why are you all all gathered over here? A family meeting? About Yuri?" Risa guessed by herself as she walked over towards her parents and sister. And where she stood, she saw the familiar papers held in her mom's possession. The colour on her face changed drastically. "Why did you go into my room?" Risa demanded as she attempted to snatch the adoption documents back. Though that effort, she failed. Her father had managed to get the documents to himself before Risa could do so.

"What are these for, Risa?" Her father questioned loudly, pulling the documents to a height that were slightly out of Risa's reach.

"Give them back to me, Papa." Risa ignored and pleaded.

"Tell me what are they for?" The father persisted, while the other to female in the room watched."Adoption papers. Tell me, what use do you have for them?" He continued.

"Isn't that obvious, Papa?" Risa shouted before she could realised her attitude she treated towards her dad.

"Adoption? How old are you, Risa? 20! Barely 20! And here you are telling me that you want to adopt a child." The father stated, causing Risa to look away from the overpowering glances her dad had been giving her.

"I'm turning 20! I am old enough to make this choice about adopting a child, Papa." Risa argued rather stubbornly while attempting to snatch the documents back from her father.

"You are JUST 20, Risa. What are the people out there going to see you? Being a mother at the age of 20. What will they think?" The father reasoned.

"I don't care. I had made my decision and I'm down for it. There's no way I will change my mind about it." Risa grunted.

"Risa, think about your future." Her mother spoke for the first time ever since the start of the argument. "How are you going to set up your own family with a young child tugging behind you? How are you going to find husband who is willing to accept a young child. Not everyone will accept the truth that she's only an adopted child. Papa is thinking for your own good."

"I'm not thinking about marriage. Not in this lifetime." Risa muttered under her breath. Though that, it did not remain unheard by her parents.

"What did you just said, Risa?" Her mother questioned, wanting to reconfirm whether if her ears had played on her. 

"I said I'm not getting married." Risa repeated, though still in a softer tone.

"What did you just said? That's what the life of a woman is. To get married to the right guy and have kids. And here you are telling me you have no interest in getting married." Her mother reasoned.

Risa remained silent at the reasoning. She could not say what she had in her mind.

"Let me guess." The father broke the silence in the room. "It's because of that girl."

Surprise shot through Risa's expression.

"I'm right, wasn't I?" Her father claimed victory from the reaction Risa had just gave.

"What- what girl?" Risa stuttered.

"Stop hiding, Risa! You sister had saw everything and had told us about it!" The father raised his voice, causing Risa to back away slightly as the sudden raise of voice. "Stop being silly, Risa!"

"I'm not being silly, Papa. I know what I want." Risa retorted stubbornly.

"What do you want then?"

"I want to adopt the baby!" Risa made clear, firmness expression through her stare.

"Stop being silly, Risa! Adopting a child doesn't make a same sex relationship normal! It doesn't makes up into a normal family, Risa!"

"That's not my reason for adoption, Papa!" Risa argued back, exasperated by argument brought up by her father.

"My last say, you are not allowed to do so! There's no way I'm leaving you as such is. I'm going to introduce you to the son of my company's associate. That's the final!" Her father raised his voice to the maximum. "If you are going to disobey me, you shall get out of the house. I don't have a daughter like you!" He threatened.

"You don't get it, Papa!" Risa cried out, before stomping out of the living room and back to her room, slamming the door close in the process. Back in her room, Risa pulled out her police academy bag and placed it onto her bag, where she began to throw random sets of clothing and personal items into it. And when she was finished with that, She marched heavily back to the common space, with the large bag strapped across her shoulder. "My last say, I'm adopting her. And Papa, getting to know guys doesn't means that I will like them." With that, Risa trudged her way towards the house exit, slamming the door loudly behind her as she left the family's apartment.

"Ri-ko!" Yuri tried to chase after, but was stopped by her father.

"You are not allowed to chase after her. I don't have a daughter like her." The father stopped, blocking Yuri's pathway.

"Haru-chan!" Ai called out after the fleeing figure away from her. Though at the loudest, her voice had been drowned by the huge long vehicle driving pass the road outside the hospital.  The young girl was standing in the middle of the street. not watching her safety while crossing the road, thus failing to notice the incoming truck that was coming towards her direction.

"Haru-chan! Be careful!" Risa, who had finally caught up with the two of them shouted. She was standing metres behind Ai when she saw the truck that was going towards Haru.

"Haru!" Ai called out, racing towards the shock-struck girl who was staring in daze at the sudden vehicle. Before the truck could hit the young girl, Ai jumped over, pushing Haru over towards the shoulder of the road, allowing herself to cushion Haru from the injuries that could have resulted from the fall. Her elbow scratched across the rough surface of the cemented road as she landed. A sharp pain ran through her spin, causing Ai to wince silently at the slide. Though that, she made no effort to check herself out. Instead, once she had reassured that they were safe over at the road shoulder, Ai stood Haru up and began to check the young child for any injuries. "Are you alright? Are you hurting anywhere?" Ai flustered while moving her hand on Haru's arms and knees.

"Don't touch me." Haru flinched at Ai's touch and backed away, refusing to allow Ai to touch her.

Ai's concerning hands froze in the mid air, shock at the treatment she had just received from Haru.

"Don't touch me." Came the repeated statement. Ai felt her heart breaking into pieces at the statement. "Haru heard everything. " Came the next three worded sentence.

'She - she heard everything?' Ai reflected in her mind. 'She heard what I had said?'

"Haru!" Risa had managed to cross the road and reached the shoulder where the two was at. "Are you alright?" Risa asked the same question, repeating the same actions Ai had did moments ago.

"Haru wants to go home." Haru ignored the concerning question and spoke, before turning away from Risa and walked away.

"Haru?" Risa called out.

"Haru wants to go home!" Haru repeated, not turning back to face any of them.

Risa turned over and glanced at Ai. That was when Risa had finally realised the dripping blood down Ai's elbow, staining onto the concrete road. "You are bleeding!" Risa exclaimed loudly while attempting to care for Ai. Her intentions was stopped by Ai.

"Chase after her!"

Risa hesitated between the two. The demanding eyes of Ai and the disappearing figure of Haru placed a huge pressure on her. "I'll be back." With that, Risa got back onto her feet and began to chase after the young child. "Haru-chan?" Risa called out. Though that, the younger child made no response. "Haru-chan?" Risa continued. "Are you going to walk your way home? It's going to be long walk." Risa reminded, stopping Haru in her motion. Risa got herself beside Haru and squatted down. "What's wrong? We are going to see Matsuura-sensei today, aren't we? Why did Haru said that you want to go home?" Risa asked in concern, though deep down within herself, she knew that she knew the answers for such behaviour Haru was exhibiting.

"Haru doesn't want to talk to Mama." Haru hummed her lips as she crossed her arms.  With that, Haru stomped towards the direction of the car park, towards the familiar car to her where she waited at the back seat door.

Back over at Ai's side, the driver of the truck got off of his vehicle and came by Ai's side. "Miss, are you alright? Do you need me to help you into the A&E department?"

Ai shook her head blankly, with tears reflecting from the setting sun.

"Are you sure?"  He reassured, standing up on his feet.

Ai nodded her head lightly. She watched the departure of the driver blankly before turning towards the direction where Risa and Haru went. 'That was why. . . I had never wanted her to know about this. . . It wouldn't have hurt if she never knew. . . And perhaps . . .It would be even better that I was never given the chance to interact with her. . . If that were so. . . It wouldn't have hurt as this much right now. . .I should have left that day. . . I shouldn't have accepted her proposal. . . ' Ai clenched her fist at her heart, hoping that would lessen the pain at the left chest. Her phone rang suddenly, breaking Ai out of her chain of thoughts. She looked at the name of the caller shown on the screen of the phone. She hesitated for a short moment, before answering the phone.

Ai spoke nothing at the answer of the phone call. After long moments of silence, the caller at the other side of the line began to speak up. "Can we meet? Over at my house?"

"Haru?" Risa called out as she watched Haru got off the car hurriedly and went towards the lift immediately, having no intention to wait for Risa. Risa locked her vehicle speedily and chased after, only to be welcomed by the closing door of the elevator. "Haru?" Risa banged onto the lightly on the metal door of the elevator. When she had finally reached her apartment, Haru had already made her way back into her room with her door locked, keeping Risa out of reach to herself. "Haru!" Risa called out in desperation as she banged onto the room door of Haru repeatedly.

"Haru doesn't want to talk to Mama!" Came a muffled reply from the inside of the room. Haru hid herself under her blankets and buried her face into her knees as she cried. 'I am a nobody's child. . . Mama is not my real Mama. . . My real Mama doesn't wants me at all. . . She left me. . . she abandoned me. . . '

"Haru, you listen to what Mama has to say, shall you?" Risa pleaded outside the room.

"Don't want!" Came the stubborn reply. It seems like she had taken over the stubbornness of her both parents, being a bull head who refused to listen to anything once she had decided on something.

"Mama knows that Haru had heard everything. Let Mama explain, shall you? Open up the door?" Risa banged on the door lightly once again. "Please? Haru." Risa begged.

"Don't want! Mama has been lying to Haru. Don't want!" Haru cried out loud.

The statement hit hard on Risa. It was a fact that she had been lying to the young child the truth behind her birth. Risa kneeled down in front of the room door and sank into silence. After long moments of silence, Risa sighed loudly before deciding to speak again.  "Ne, Haru. . . You don't have to come out or open the door. . . But will you listen to what Mama has to say?" Risa voiced quietly.

Back into the room, Haru heard the soft voice of Risa through her blanket. She pulled them away from her face and sat on her bed.

"Things are not as what you has thought, Haru-chan. . . She. . . didn't want to, Haru-chan. . . Even though she did, she did not want to. . . " Risa trailed off after silence. "Haru-chan can feel it, don't you? How she had treated you for the past few week, Haru could feel it right? Haru-chan. . . Mama didn't want to lie to you, Haru. . . Mama hope that Haru will understand. . . "

Haru sniffled as she wiped off the tears off the tears on her face.

"Haru-chan. . . " Before Risa could finish with what she wanted to say, a silent vibration tone echoing from her handbag down the hallway interrupted her. She slit down the hallway and picked up the phone hastily. "Who's that over there?" Risa ratter while sifting back to the room door.

"Makoto over here! There's a case. At the Tanaka Residence." 

@ rndmnwierd : Yupps it's a small world after all :) i'm glad that it works for you :) hehehe and yuppps. . .more drama coming on the coming chapters . .. ^.^
hehehe

@ Beecubed : Waiting for your fangirling!!! heheheh ^.^

@ Mochi.rini : Thank you for delurking!! I'm glad that you are enjoying the story !! ^.^

@ kawaii beam : I hope that would happen as well!! *hides*  the mutated cockroach. . it never fail to make me laugh each time I wrote about that!! heheh. there would be more about that in coming chapters ! :) hehe

Sorry for such a long wait! It has been a long and hectic week for me, such that I had never had the time to write for the whole of this past week. . .hopefully the tables willl turn around in this coming week such that I will be able to have more time to write!! :)

until the next chapter, just let me say, Merry Christmas to everyone!! :) hehe

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: SEARCH [ . C #24 ] 25 December 2011
« Reply #174 on: December 25, 2011, 01:35:18 AM »
Oh man! Poor Haru, that is not the way you want to find out you're adopted. And Ai, of course, being her curmudgeonly self, does not put herself in the best light in her daughter's eyes. And now what is going to happen? I have a feeling that Ai's involved with whatever Risa's call is about.

edit: Merry Christmas! Why did I forget that the first time? XD
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 04:05:26 AM by rndmnwierd »

Offline mochi.rini

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • nomnomnomnom
« Reply #175 on: December 27, 2011, 05:32:43 AM »
Merry belated Christmas!  This was a lovely present :D

Aww no!  More drama in the TakaGakiHaru world :O  And it's probably gonna expand into the YuriNiigakiFamTanakaFam world too :mon scare:

I can't believe how hard Haru is taking this...but you can't blame the poor girl Dx  She just found out that her Mama isn't her Mama and her Nee-chan IS her mama who abandoned her~ :mon ref:

I'm assuming that Ai called Reina and now there's epic trouble and Risa's gonna be a hero and save her!  Hopefully...she got someone to watch Haru or that's just more stress to the pot Dx 

Can't wait for the next update!~  :gmon sing: :nya:

:byebye: <3
Hi~iiya!~  (>^_^)>
Tumblr/blog \(^ - ^)/

Offline Kikk4r

• Member+
« Reply #176 on: December 27, 2011, 11:17:44 AM »
your evil ... i wonder what kind of thing you`ve done to Reina :cry:

but it was an awesome chapter so i forgive you :cow:

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #177 on: December 27, 2011, 04:55:14 PM »
  [ . # C25 ]

"You are here. .  ." Risa stood up from the wall beside Haru's room where she had leaned against when she heard the front door of her apartment had swung open. She paced down the short hallway and into the doorway only to see Ai standing awkwardly there. "I'm sorry for calling you over at such a time, but I have a case to . . . "

"I understand." Ai interrupted. "The demand of your work, in terms of the time." Ai added on quickly, quietly, before sliding passed Risa through the narrow doorway and into the dining room, where she placed the cake box she held in her hand on the dining table. That was when Risa had realised the traces of dried blood along her arm, where the injuries she had sustained earlier in the evening remained unattended.

"That." Risa chased after Ai into the dining room. "You should have taken care of that properly." Risa continued as she held Ai's arm, inspecting the now dried up open wound.  "You had studied medical, didn't you? You should have known how important is it to keep injuries clean to prevent them from inflammation, don't you?" Risa continued nagging. She released Ai's arm and rushed into the toilet, where she retrieved the first aid kit from the overhead cabinet and returned back to Ai.  "Let me clean up for you." Risa finished.

Ai glanced at Risa, spoke nothing nor made any rejection gesture. Risa began to clean up the area with sterile saline and cotton. She had her eyes and attention all fixed in the cleaning up the wound such that  she did not realised Ai's stare on her. Ai winced in pain at the contact of the saline on her wound, causing Risa to be flustered. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to cause so much pain."

"It's nothing." Ai assured.

Silence grew again. Risa took hold of the antiseptic cream and began to apply it onto the broken skin of the elbow.

"How is she?" Ai finally picked the courage she needed and asked.

"She's refusing to talk to me. . . But I had already tried to explain everything to her. . . I had yet to tell her that you are here. . . " Risa explained fragmentally.

"I see. .  ." Ai trailed off into silence and it stayed as it was for another long while before Ai remembered something. "I thought you were running for time?" Ai asked while Risa held the bandage around her elbow, trying to wrap it up.

That was when Risa remembered the reason for Ai to appear at her apartment at this time. Her eyes went wide open, in shock. "Yes I was. . . " Risa muttered in shock. Though that, she made no intention to leave immediately. "Let me finish up with this and speak to Haru about this." Risa finished, pulling the bandage around Ai's arm.

"Just go." Ai snatched the bandage roll over from Risa and pushed Risa towards the direction of the door. "I will finish this up by myself." Ai continued, in a slightly softer tone.

"Haru -" Before Risa could further offer her help, she was interrupted by Ai.

"Just go. I - I will try." Ai shot Risa the best affirming eye contact she could give - determination was filled fully in the beautiful orbs of Ai.

"I understood." Risa gave in. She retrieved her blazer from the back of the dining chair and put in on, sliding her personal notebook and mobile phone into the side pocket and proceeded towards the entrance. "Ittekimasu." Risa whispered softly, pushing the door out open and left the house.

Ai breathed heavily, hoping that would recover her racing heartbeat she had developed while watching the seriousness in Risa's eye when she was dressing up her wound back to normal. She had been trying hard to suppress that. Inwardly, she prayed that Risa had not noticed about her previous reaction. She continued the bandage around her arm until it was of a thickness that provided a suitable padding for pressure before cutting it off and secured the ends properly. Next, she carried the box of confectionaries she brought with her into the kitchen, where she placed them into the refrigerator, before returning back to the dining room where there she packed up the contents of the first aid box back into their original positions. After which, she returned the box back into the washroom and came to Haru's room door, where she stood there, in hesitation if she should knock the door.

On the other side of the door, back in the room, sat Haru on her bed, with her blanket covered over her legs and back against the railings of the bed. A blank expression sat on her face. Her mind was still trying to comprehend what Risa had just told her.

'Ne, Haru-chan. . . No matter what happens, Mama still love you lots. Even though I am not the one who had given birth to you, Mama had watched Haru-chan growing up, from a young Baby to who you are right now. The fact that I am not your birth mother doesn't reduce the love Mama has for you, and it doesn't change the way Mama loves you. Mama won't leave you behind. . . never ever. . . '

*knock knock*

Sounded the light knocking of the door, breaking the chain of thoughts in Haru's mind. 

"It's me. . . " Echoed Ai's voice into the room. Haru was shock to hear Ai's voice. She grabbed the edges of her blanket tightly in her small fist at the voice. "Gaki . . . Your . . . Mama had something urgent about work on and had left home." Ai continued on her side as she rested her palm onto the cool surface of the door knob.

The mention of Risa being away from the house brought tears to the young girl. Haru broke into uncontrolled sobbing, with soft whining as she breathed through her tears. 'Mama lied to Haru. . .  A moment ago, she told Haru that she will never leave Haru behind. Yet at the very next moment, she had left with another person. Mama lied to Haru.'

Ai heard the soft sobbing from outside and panicked. "Are you alright?" Ai asked as she attempted to press the knob down, only to find it locked.

"Go away!" Haru cried from the room. "Haru doesn't want to see Nee-chan!"

Ai felt the broken pieces in her left chest breaking up into even finer pieces at the demand. "I - I will. . ." Ai croaked as tears clogged her throat. "There are some light refreshments in the fridge. I know that you had eaten nothing since lunch time in school. You can have them when you are hungry. I will leave now. . ." Ai finished, trailing off into silence. With that, she walked slowly back down the hallway towards the dining room where she picked up the keys and her bag for heading towards the apartment door.

"Mama~~"  Haru pulled the blanket up, covering her face up as she cried softly. Which Mama were she crying out for, it was only for her to know. Perhaps it was Risa. Maybe it was Ai. Maybe it was both of them. Or maybe, it was neither of them, just an empty crying out for her sudden realisation behind her birth.

Risa made her way through the sea of reporters from the mass communications that were crowding around the area outside the cordons, with difficulty. Due to the nature of the family statue of the Tanaka family, this phenomenon is much explainable.

"You looked battered, Gaki-san." Makoto greeted.

"What's the case about?" That was the first question Risa asked as she crossed pass the yellow tape that had cordoned the crime scene away from the general public, ignoring the concern made by Makoto and gotten by her side.  There were standing outside the drive way, right before the tall gates that lead into the Tanaka's Residence. Before Makoto could reply, Risa head loud crying belonging to someone whom she knew. She turned her attention to Reina, who was seated down on the platter of leaves and had her back leaned against the brick wall, hands covering her small face, crying out loud.

"Mama. . . This can't be true. . . Mama. . . " Reina cried out, ignoring the female police officer who was by her side, trying her best to console Reina, as well as to retrieve information from the devastated girl. 

"Don't tell me. . . " Risa turned around and asked Makoto.

"Yes. Tanaka Miko, mother of Tanaka Juncho and Tanaka Reina was found death in her backyard shed by Tanaka Reina-san an hour and half ago. " Makoto updated.

"Alright." Risa responded. She sighed, before taking a step closer towards Reina and squatted down before the girl sitting on the street. "Reina-san."  Risa called out gently as she placed her hand on Reina's wrist, hoping that would get the younger's attention. "I'm sorry for your loss. . . But if it possible you can recollect to me what happened, when was the last time you had seen your mother and how did you find her in the shed?" Risa questioned, but received no response from Reina. "May I ask where's your father then?" Risa continued. However, Reina was too indulged in her sadness, that she made zero response to Risa. Her heart was still crying out loud to the sudden loss of her mother.

"Gaki-san, I don't think she is in any state to take an official statement from right now." Makoto sighed and suggested. "Let's get her a place to rest properly before interviewing her again, shall we?"

"I guessed so too. What else then can we chose?" Risa agreed before patting on Reina's shoulder lightly. "The police will provide you a stay at the hotel, Reina-san." 

"Mama. . . " Reina continued crying, fresh tears falling free fall, soaking the pair of shorts she wore.

"We will get to the murderer, I promise." Risa promised, grabbing firmly on Reina's shoulder, hoping that would give the younger some comfort she needed at that point of time. With that, she stood up back onto her feet and turned away from Reina and towards the gate, with Makoto following closely behind her.  "Let's get in and see if we can get any clues about the case." Risa finished, speaking towards Makoto as she brisked through the gates, over the another tape and into the mansion.

The crime scene lab department and forensic medicine department had reached before the two had, and had started on their work when the two walked into the shed. The shed was way different as what they both would expected a normal shed to be. the inner furnishing of the shed had told both Risa and Makoto and someone was staying in the shed. Bed with coverings, basin, water source and most importantly, an unfinished meal were present in the room.

"It seems like someone had been staying in this room. . . " Risa commented, while putting on her white gloves. "For quite a sometime too as well." Added Makoto. The two gathered to the Asami, who was examining the deceased body.

"Konno-san, how was it?" Risa asked, as she squatted down beside Asami.

"The estimated time of death was roughly 2 hours ago, from the liver's temperature and no formation of the Rigor Mortis.  "The cause of death is thought to be the multiple hitting from a hard material at her forehead and the back of her head. The actual cause of death can only be determined after the autopsy is done." Asami summed up briefly.

"2 hours ago. . . So it was only a half an hour before Reina-san had discovered her mother lying dead in this shed." Risa whispered to herself.

"Gaki-san, do you that it's possible that Miko-san had stayed in this room?" Makoto suggested.

"Why would she be staying in a shed, when she owns a mansion?" Risa recounted, making sense to the suggestion. "If she was staying in this shed, what could the reason for that then? "

"It makes sense as well. . . But who would be the one staying here then?" Makoto asked.

"Maybe the fingerprinting report will tell us who was the resident of this shed?" Risa suggested before moving out of the room, not wanting to interrupt and distract the work of the CIL investigators. Since it was late at night, the investigators involved were not from their usual gang. After the duo exited the shed, they went to the main mansion of the Tanaka's through the back door and into the living room, which were connected to the dining space. There sat a familiar paper bag on the table which Risa had vaguely remember seeing the same bag somewhere.

'Ah, it was the same confectionary store bag that she had brought back just now.' Risa realised. 'Did someone from the Tanaka family visited that confectionary store that she went as well? Or? Was it Reina-san?'

"Senpai~!"Came an officer in uniform into the dining space.

"Yes?" Risa turned and responded.

"There is an eye witness out there claiming that he had saw two person leaving the street leading out of this mansion roughly 2 hours ago." The officer informed.

"Makoto, can you go retrieve the statement from that person?" Risa ordered.

"Sure!" Makoto agreed and went out of the house, while Risa stayed back, paroling around the house for possible evidences and clues about the incident. As she passed the large family portray hung at the stairway, an unknown anger fired within her, causing Risa to clench her fist tightly by her side. The sight of Tanaka Juncho roused a deep anger within her, remembering the countless crime and countless justice unreturned. The thought brought Haru back into her mind, where she wondered in her mind how had the younger one had reacted to Ai. Inwardly, she pray that the child would take her words in consideration and forgive Ai.

"Gaki-san!" The voice of Makoto brought Risa out of her own dream land, snapping her attention to the taller girl.

"How did the interview went?" Risa concerned as the two advanced towards the exit together.

"The witness claimed that he had seen two person coming out of the street. A guy first and then a lady 10 minutes after. He claimed that the lady had her hand covered with blood. About the reconstruction of the images, he said that it was dark out there, he might not be able to pin point distinct details, but he can try to help us." Makoto updated Risa.

"Alright." Risa nodded her head in acknowledgement.

"I'm returning back to the office to do the reconstruction. Are you going back as well? Or do you want to stay around?" Makoto asked.

"I guess I will return then."

--------------------------------------------------------

*Piang*

The sound of broken glasses echoed into Ai's ear from the apartment, waking Ai up from her light sleep outside Risa's apartment. After she had left the house at Haru's request, she did not return back home. Instead, she made herself comfy outside the apartment. She knew it was unsafe to leave a young child like Haru alone at night at home, and therefore, she chose to remain outside the apartment. If anything happens, she will know.

Ai inserted the key into key hold and unlock the door, rushed into the house, only to see Haru, squatting before the broken glasses, trying to pick them up with her hands. "Don't touch them. It's dangerous" Ai shouted from the back, startling the flustered girl. Ai pulled Haru away from the area, kneeling onto the ground and began to check the young child for any injuries. "Are you alright? Did you cut yourself anywhere?" Ai continued immediately.

Haru pulled herself away from the contact and squirm. Reluctantly, she nodded her head, giving Ai the confirmation that she was safe and fine. Ai stood up back on her feet and saw the box of cakes she had brought in on the kitchen counter top. She had immediately understood what had happened. The young girl had finally gotten hungry. And as Haru had wanted to grab the plate to place the cake, the plate slipped out of her hand and broke it. "You can go aside. I will clear it up. Where is the broom?" Ai asked.

Haru looked away for a moment before pointing the direction of the broom for Ai.

Ai smile gently, before advancing to the said direction and returned to clean up the broken glasses. After she did, she went on bringing out a new plate and placed two cheese cake on the plate. After she did, she brought them to Haru, who was seated alone at the living room, hugging on her knees on the sofa. Ai placed the plate down gently on the coffee table. "There you go. . . "Ai whispered gently. "Anything I will be outside."

With that, Ai bent her back straight and turned away, with the intention to leave Haru alone.

"Ne, Haru-chan. . . She. . . was always kind to you, didn't she? Why not give us a chance to explain, Haru-chan. . ."

"Nee-chan!" Haru called out suddenly, dropping her legs on the ground. "It's . . . It's alright for Nee-chan to stay here. . .. It's cold outside. . . "

@ rndmnwierd : hmmmm I wonder if Ai is involved in what Risa's is called to . . .I wonder .. . *smile evily * :) heheheheh

@ mochi.rini : heheh. i'm glad that you liked it :) heheh yupps there's more coming up. . . , do stay tune about the drama that is to come ^.^ hehehe

@ Kikk4r : Nothing happened to Reina. Just Reina's family :) hehehe Am i still evil then?? *pout*  heheheheh

alright! shorter chapter this time round. I'm trying my best to fasten up my updating. I have a 1231 mission, but i'm no where near there!! :( But I can do it! Yes!
until the next chapter then! ^.^

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: SEARCH [ . C #25 ] 27 December 2011
« Reply #178 on: December 27, 2011, 08:19:28 PM »
Poor Reina, not only losing her mother, but having to find her dead body, too. Did the bastard do it? And who was the woman seen leaving the house?

It seems Ai's beginning to(consciously) feel for Risa also, which I'm thrilled about. Though it seems they can't do anything until the issue with Haru is resolved. But Haru's a sweet girl, she'll forgive them both soon enough I bet.

Offline mochi.rini

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • nomnomnomnom
Re: SEARCH [ . C #25 ] 27 December 2011
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2011, 09:58:59 PM »
Oh noes!  lady with blood on her hands...Aichan enters Niigaki household with crusty blood...she's gonna have such a bad record isn't she Dx  -has feeling that she's going to be framed-

The part with her and Haru-chan was so cute :D  I'm glad that Haru let her stay in the house~  She's warming up!~

As for Reina...that's so sad :(  All she wanted to do was please her parents by making her brother look good...and then everything is going downhill Dx 

Lovely update!~ :D <3

:byebye:
Hi~iiya!~  (>^_^)>
Tumblr/blog \(^ - ^)/

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sleep Warp - Emerald