JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cowpers - Waveform of Distortion

Author Topic: [MariHaru] Basket Case - Under Construction (HPOV Chap3 Posted) 7/20  (Read 128868 times)

Offline AtsuNami

Re: Basket Case - (Chapter 2: Don't be a seashore!)
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 04:11:10 PM »
 :ding: finally the second chap!!  :panic:
I didn't got the time to read it before because of a beautiful thing we call school but i found a break and... Another great chap. Really pleasant to read, Mariko is so mean and so funny at the same time. She can't switch rooms with Miichan! No freaking way!  :angry: I'll kill that gachapin!  :angry:
Haruna is so much in love. Mariko's mom will be happy  :luvluv2:
When will Takamina show up? Next chap? Please update soon

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Basket Case - (Chapter 2: Don't be a seashore!)
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 12:47:22 PM »
Thank you for everyone who read this fic. Seriously, a big thank you.  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Here's chap3. Enjoy!  :)

Chapter 3: Damn that 1%!

Don't you hate it when you wake up earlier than you had planned for no apparent reason then you can't get back to sleep? How about when you wake up earlier than you had planned because of a noise?

Hate them both really. The first one, makes me cranky while that second one, makes me crankier heading to crankiest. It makes me want to kill whoever it is that's making the noise. Thinking about it, for me, the second one outweighs the first one. So whoever is knocking on the door right now, needs to DIE. And yes, that's in bold and hateful letters.

"Stop the knocking already! Geez!" I groaned as I walk towards the door, silently cursing whoever it is on the other side. I opened the door and lo and behold, it's psycho's face that greets me. Why am I not surprised?

"Fucking shit Miichan. What the hell?!" I rubbed my face then glared at her. Your bestfriend are supposed to know you right? Like and dislikes, those kind of things. This person in front of me are supposed to know these things. So why the hell is she doing the one thing she knows I hate?

The answer? Because she gets immense pleasure in torturing me.

"Well good morning to you too, cranky-mcCrank. Three cuss in the morning, you're in a roll today." She sighed as she shook her head walking inside, ignoring my murderous glare as I closed the door. Nothing seems to faze her anymore because of her bestfriend status. Hate it. Maybe I should unbestfriend her or something.

"Hm? Where's Haruna-chan?" She asked as she saw the neat and tidy empty bed of my roommate.

"I don't know. Do I look like her fucking babysitter?!"

"That's four now. And why aren't you dressed yet? Did you just woke up?" She raised her eyebrow as she looked at me in my sleeping wear which is just a white tank top and a sleeping shorts.

"Oh, so my messy hair, eyes squinting, lack of make-up and my morning cuss when I opened the door didn't give it away." I crossed my arms to my chest giving her a blank stare.

"Seriously now." She narrowed her eyes.

"Yes, cause I'm obviously joking right now. I'm a practical jokester really." I rolled my eyes and made my way back to my bed to lay down again.

"If you are then we better change the definition of happy and all it's synonyms then since we're obviously doing it wrong. Plus you curse every morning. It's like your morning ritual really." She mumbled, looking at the side. Hmm? She seemed cranky as well as she's talking back to me. Probably feeling cranky because Saint Betty isn't here.

"Whatever." I sighed with my eyes closed. I think I remember hearing some shuffling sounds and the door opening and closing. Must be Betty. I guess I'm half awake at that time. That blasted sunlight beaming through the window woke me up. It shinned right on my face. Luckily, that only lasted a few seconds until a cloud probably got in its way, made me fall back to sleep again. Gotta love them clouds making that sun to shut up. Kinda like right what its doing right now as well. 

"Well that's a nice looking curtain you have. Didn't know that curtains nowadays came with such a design. Looks fit and nice." Miichan said. I didn't put up any curtains yesterday so what the hell is she saying? Frowning, I opened my eyes then turned to look. Seeing a black shirt that says 'Faith Hope Love' that's covering my window made me sit up and raise my eyebrow. The hell? I looked at the other window right above Sister Mary's head board and saw the sun beaming. Did Betty...? Is she...my cloud...?

"You know when you often say to me that my shirt looks like a curtain? Well your curtain looks like a shirt right now. Like literally." Miichan smirked. I turned to Miichan and rolled my eyes.

"Funny. I'm dying of laughter here." I deadpanned. What time is it anyway? Grumbling, I took hold of my phone from the bedside table and looked at the time.

"7am Miichan? What the hell is wrong with you? Didn't I tell you yesterday that my first class is after lunch?" I groaned as I rubbed my face again in irritation. I seriously need to kill Miichan right now. But conflict. It's too early for me to kill psycho here. I prefer killing someone when I'm properly functioning you know. Preferably after my morning coffee fix. So until then, I guess she'll live....unless she gives me a good reason for waking me up at this Godforsaken hour.

"I know. I just thought you're going to send me off to class." She said, shrugging. And I'm momentarily stunned. That's her reason? Send her off?! She's dead. So dead. That's a dead girl shrugging you see there people.

"Send you off?? Seriously, how old are you? Five?" If she tells me she is five, that'll explain a lot of things really.

"You always send me off to class, remember?" She pouted.

"That's because we have the same fucking class since...I don't know when." I groaned. Every damn class I have, every time I turn my freaking head she was there right next to me. It was like someone glued her to me. Can you believe it?! No? You should because it's a true tragic story. Makes me wonder who decides to put us together in class to torture me for years. Pure torture. Hmmm...wait...

"You don't have anything to do about that right? The whole you being in my class every damn time?" I raised my eyebrow at her, my arms crossed to my chest as I wait for her answer. She looked taken aback by my question for a second further igniting my suspicions. I didn't show it though as I continue to look at her.

"You're joking right? How can I have anything to do about that? Psh. Really now." Miichan let out a nervous laugh, her eyes avoiding mine. Interesting. That nervousness right there is proof that she has something to do about it. That and she's Minegishi Minami. Honestly, that alone is proof enough to blame her on anything. Trust me.

"A-anyway, kidding aside, you should get ready. C'mon!" She grabbed my arm and began pulling me to stand. I let her pull me for a few seconds, whining about how slow I am until I pulled my arm away from hers and lay back on my bed, placing a pillow on my head to cover her whines.

"Leave me alone and walk yourself to your class."

"Mmaaarrrriiiikkkkoooo~" She whined, trying to pull the pillow that I have a death grip on. Like hell will I concede.

"C'mon already! I'll treat you to breakfast."

"...No." Notice the ellipsis right there? Okay, so maybe that's making me give in just a little bit. But just a little mind you. She probably noticed those damn ellipsis as she added, "Breakfast WITH coffee."

Shouldn't she say the word 'coffee' in bold and capital letters rather than the word 'with?' I mean, come on, usually when someone says that they'll treat you breakfast it comes with a beverage right? Right. But regardless of that error she made, it did make me stop struggling. Yeah, so I have a weakness. I am still a human you know.

"Coffee...?" I mumbled, the pillow still covering my head. I felt her release the hold she had on my pillow.

"Uh-huh. Any size you want." Even without looking at her I can tell she's wearing that annoying grin of hers. She knows she got me now. Ugh. Damn that dark brewed beverage called coffee! Damn you! Damn me as well for being addicted to it! Damn me!

"Stop looking at me like that! It's not like it didn't enter your mind as well." Miichan said as we walk out of the dorm. I rolled my eyes at what she said.

"You got me there. I too have been wondering what holy water tastes like. Can't believe you see it right through me. And I thought I was good in hiding it." I answered sarcastically, slapping my forehead for a faux dramatic effect. She childishly sticks out her tongue  at me making me to roll my eyes once again. Seriously, who would even wonder what that thing tastes like? Probably a child and Miichan. So it's not really surprising to find her drinking some the moment I walked out of the bathroom. She did looked embarrassed being caught while I shook my head and look at her in disgust. Oh c'mon. It's probably filled with mold what with it being kept in that bottle for weeks or even months or years. Plus don't they dip their hands on it or something? So the disgust look I've been giving her is fitting if you ask me.

"So? How is sleeping with your roommate?" She grinned and did that wiggling eyebrow thing as she looked at me.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that question? Minus the whole grinning and that annoying wiggling of eyebrows that is." Somehow asking that earned me a scowl from her as she crossed her arms to her chest and looked away.

"That girl, Itano Tomomi is so annoying. After you declined my offer, she kept calling me Gachapin and went through some stupid roommate rules. Felt like I was listening to the dorm head all over again." She grumbled obviously pissed. Thank God I persuaded Miichan to stick with her roommate by suggesting to sleep with her head on the footboard since her reason for picking the left bed is so that her left side is pressed on the wall. Stupid reason really, but what can you expect with someone like Miichan.

"Sounds...annoying."

"It is! If murder was legal I swear I'll..." She's doing some hand movements while adding some growling and squealing sound effects. If we were playing charades, I wouldn't have any idea what it is she's doing.

"You can try and petition for it to be legalized. It's a free country. The worse that they can do is lock you up in a mental institution. But that's only 99.999% of happening." I shook my head. She doesn't seem to be listening to me as she's still doing that ridiculous hand movements. Guess fang girl really pissed her off huh.

Sighing, I decided to leave her be for awhile and looked around as we walked towards the exit of the campus. It was then I saw Betty walking. Though she is a bit far off from us, I can still see that Godforsaken fashion statement of hers. And from the looks of it, a few people notice it too. Must be tough for her. Is that why she's walking with her head down low? Hmmm. Who's that approaching her? A friend? Looks like a kid. They're talking and...she's wearing a wide smile now. Huh.

"You're not listening are you?"

I looked back at Miichan who was raising her eyebrow at me.

"No I'm not. Are you done?"

She let out a sigh at what I said.

"Honestly, I can see some similarities of you in her. If she just grow a bit taller, cut her wavy locks and make it a helmet haircut like yours--kinda like that cat with a fruit hat and a scowl on its face--then make her face a bit rounder and remove that cooked fang of hers...we'd be seeing your long lost twin sister."

"That's a major surgery for her. And helmet haircut? Cat in a fruit hat?" I narrowed my eyes at her. She just shrugged.

"You do look like that cat. Sometimes when you scowl I say in my mind, 'Fruit cat is back.'" She smirked and I just continue to narrow my eyes at her. So I'm not only Scrooge incarnate for her but also a scowling fruit cat. Hmmm. I'm curious to know what this fruit cat looks like. Maybe I can google it later.

"I wonder though, why I always get stuck with people who lacks human emotions." She mumbled softly. Shouldn't I be the one saying that? Shaking my head, I moved away from her.

"Consider yourself unstuck then."

"Noooooooo! Don't! I love you." She pouted as she hugs me to the side, her arms wrapped around my waist. I sighed as she continues to say how much she loves me, earning us a few stares as we walked through the park.

Pitiful really.

Not Miichan though.

I meant me.

"So you know mine sucked, how about yours? I mean your roommate that is." Miichan asked as she took a bite of her pancake.

"Betty? She's okay. A bit weird but that's to be expected really." I shrugged as I stir my iced white choco mocha. I had to internally slap myself as I saw her tilt her head slightly, looking a bit confused. I can't believe I let out that nickname I made for my Saint roommate.

"Betty...? Who's tha--wait a minute..." She pointed her fork at me. Here it comes.

"You don't know her name do you?"

"You said to wait a minute. That's hardly a minute." I grumbled as I took a sip, looking away from her.

"Just answer the question fruit cat."

"I do know her name...it's...its..." What IS her name? Miichan often says it but the only thing that I get is the chan. Chan-chan?? I don't think that's it. I think it starts with an H. Hentai-chan? Probably not. Hamtaro-chan? Hmmm...that sounds pretty close.

"Rumplestilskin-chan?" I said as I scratched my head. She narrowed her eyes.

"Close, but no. It's Kojima Haruna."

"Oh."

"She's pretty nice. Probably the most nicest person I've met in a while. You should get to know her."

"Sounds like a serial killer." If she is, I'm so calling the police.

"She's so nice and kind. You know while we were walking, she picked up this can that's just lying on the ground and threw it in the trash without anyone saying that she should throw it!"

"Maybe she's aiming to be a garbage lady."

"Then she helped a professor who was carrying heavy books inside the building."

"Did she kiss some babies on the way too?"

"She's...unique. One of a kind. I've never met anyone like her. So kind and innocent..." She sighs, looking a bit love struck as she probably thinks of Be--uh...Kojic soap? I keep forgetting her name. Whatever. I'll remember it later on. Looking at Miichan though, regardless of her love struck face she's showing, I can still tell her inner most feeling.

"You want to break that innocence of hers don't you." I sighed, resting my head on my hand, looking at her.

"And I want to break that innocence of hers." She nodded as she took a sip of her coffee. Heh. I'm right. How typical.

"She's just so...innocent you know. Don't get me wrong, her innocence is a good thing but it can also be a bad thing, you know. I mean, people might just use her kindness and niceness for their own selfish ways. I don't want that to happen to her."

"Did you have such thoughts before or after you drank the holy water? Because this might be the holy water talking you know." She rolled her eyes as I pointed that out. What? It could happen. Those bacteria from the holy water infested her mind or something.

"Before. But seriously I want to be like her...fairy Godmother or something. She definitely needs one. I mean, have you seen her clothing?"

"So you'll provide her with mice and a pumpkin. Nice. But she's not invited to any ball yet. Plus, she doesn't even have a prince. You taking that role as well?" We all know the answer to that. It's obvious Miichan likes Saint Mary. So I was a bit surprised when she shook her head and smiled at her pancake, poking it.

"Nah. She's cute, nice and all but...that's the problem. She's too...nice for me. I think she deserves someone better. So I'm leaving the role of the prince to someone else." She shrugged. I'm a bit surprised and confused at this. I mean, didn't she just pointed out that Betty shouldn't be taken for granted? For pointing that out, doesn't that mean that she's the 'someone better' that deserves Betty? She knows what NOT to do. So why...?

"Hmmm. Now that I think about it, I think she has a crush on you though." She said as she tilted her head eyes up as if thinking. I raised my eyebrow.

"What?"

"When I apologized on your behalf for being rude to her, I asked her what her first impression is of you. She said you're beautiful." She smiled taking a bite of her pancake. I kept my eyebrow raised at her.

"So?"

"So? That means she has at least 1% crush on you. People just don't use the word beautiful if they don't feel some sort of attraction towards that person."

"My aunt always tells me I'm beautiful. Does she have a crush on me too?" I narrowed my eyes as I ask her that flatly. Really now.

"No! Relatives don't count."

I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. You're delusional. Betty doesn't have a crush on me."

"Again, it's Kojima Haruna. Please try to remember it. And she does. The word beautiful is rarely used you know. Nowadays it's pretty, hot, sexy which pretty much what you were called during middle school and high school days. Minus your fan club. I think they call you beautiful as well."

"I do not have a fan club."

"You do. Believe me you do. I've actually become a speaker of that club of yours a couple of times." She sighed as she shook her head. Lies I tell you. Lies. I do not have a fan club. If I had a fan club, I'd know about it, right? Oh whatever.

"Look. Let's just drop this discussion. It's obviously fiction. I do not have a fan club and uh...Kojic-san doesn't have a crush on me. I mean, how can only hearing the word beautiful make you assume on her having a crush on me?! It's ridiculous." And pointless. Seriously, why are we even discussing this in the morning.

"It's Kojima-san and all of it isn't fiction. Besides, Haruna-chan wouldn't have that cute blush on her face when she said you're beautiful if she doesn't have a 1% crush on you, you know."

Eh?

I decided to just shut myself up after that. It really is pointless for me to discuss such ridiculous topic. I could have pointed out that my roommate is a shy girl, that's why she blushed when she told Miichan that I'm beautiful. But saying that would just prolong the topic so I just stayed quiet. Once finished eating, we began our walk back to the Uni. It's a bit of a long walk as we have to pass through the park but Miichan has plenty of time to get to her class which is why we picked that cafe outside the campus. I'm actually regretting that decision now as she can't seem to shut up now about nothing in particular. That's how she is when she drinks coffee. I should've stopped her from ordering that earlier.

"...right?"

"Sure. Whatever." What is she talking about again?

"Right. So I am a holy woman now since I drank some of the holy water. I'm a blessed being." She beamed. I narrowed my eyes trying to block her voice as we walk. Seriously delusional being. Thankfully, something caught my eye. It's a kid on top of a tree trying to get a balloon that got stuck on its branch. There's another kid on the ground looking a bit worried at her. The balloon is probably hers. Anyway, that kid reached for the balloon. She got it but then again, like a scene played out in an anime a countless of times, she fell down, making me cringe when I heard a loud thud and a groan coming from the girl. She slowly got up and I noticed her arm was limping. It looks injured to me but regardless of that injury, she reassured the other smaller girl that she's alright and gave her back the balloon with a smile on her face. Honestly this feels like I'm watching a cliché anime or something as the smaller girl thanked injured girl as she ran, waving goodbye as she wears a wide smile. Yup...so cliché. And do kids wear sweats and drink coffee nowadays? Huh. Is that...even a kid?

"Whatcha looking at?" Miichan asked as she looked at the direction where I'm looking. I looked at injured girl for awhile, watching as she fixed her glasses then held up her cup of coffee to drink using her uninjured arm.

"Nothing." I looked away from the kid.

Finally got rid of Miichan. Sadly, it's not the way I prefer since she's still alive. She's just in her class. Yes, I walked her off of there. I wasn't going to but she began pleading and begging inside the campus for me to walk her to class earning us the unwanted attention from almost everyone. But don't get me wrong. I didn't give in because of the begging. It was because I suddenly had a flashback of a little girl from way back then. An empty looking girl with her butler behind her, sending his Ojou-sama to kindergarten. Why did I suddenly remember that I wonder. Hmmm. Could be because I felt like a parent with Miichan as my child begging for me not to leave her. Yeah, that's probably it. Well at least she's gone now. At least for a couple of hours until her class is over. She'd probably call me up after her class and ask me where I am just so she can go to me. Ugh. I'm like stuck to her. Is God punishing me or what?

Sighing, I walked the campus to where the I think the library is. I'm thinking of going to the library to kill some time since I still have 3 hours till lunch time wherein I will be reunited with my lovable best friend. I'm using a sarcastic tone on that by the way. Anyway, so the library, I'm heading there. Well at least I think I'm heading there. I honestly have no idea if this really is the way to the library. Akihabara University is pretty big. Probably need a map to get to a place. A map huh. I think I have a map of this place. Thinking that, I looked through my bag for that map while walking. Not really the smartest thing to do since I bumped into someone, hard. As if in slow motion, I dropped my bag and saw a couple of books fall down. I was taken aback by the impact but I still kept my balance. It was then I saw her, Betty. She was the one who bumped into me.

Our eyes met for a second. Fear crept into them as she failed in trying to balance herself. It made her close her eyes tightly, waiting for embarrassment to come. Without thinking, my reflex jumped in and quickly took hold of her, wrapping my arm around her slim waist and quickly pulling her to me. The moment our bodies met, she let out a whimper. This scene is pretty much overused as well right? Yeah, the only thing that's missing is the...okay never mind. There it is. The gust of wind. How very cliché. 

Time seems to stood still for awhile as I hold her. In those few seconds that time seemed to stop, I noticed a three things about her. First, as a straight woman's point of view, with no malicious thought or whatsoever, surprisingly, Betty right here is well endowed. She has a slim waist that can't be seen with her horrendous clothing. I can feel her round and soft breasts pressed against me, which is a lot bigger and fuller than mine by the way. Yes, I know I lack that department but who cares. I certainly don't since for me their just an unnecessary mammary gland. Anyway, second thing I noticed is that Betty is a little bit shorter than me. Just a few inches as I can feel her breathing on the side of my face. Last thing I notice is her smell, courtesy of the cliché wind a little while ago. Besides the cheap smell of her shampoo, I can smell something else. She doesn't have BO if that's what you're thinking. If she did I would've pushed her away you know and tell her to take a bath. No, this smell is more pleasant. Something that I've smelled before. A...flower? But what kind?

...Ah who cares!

Shaking those thoughts away, I loosened my hold on her and leaned slightly away to look at her. She still had her eyes closed tightly, her glasses crooked from the impact. Uh, is she still anticipating her fall? Looks ridiculous really.

"You okay?" I asked, my hand that's on her waist went to her shoulder, squeezing it slightly. I watch her as she slowly open her eyes, blinking then it widens as her eyes found mine.

"Sh-Shinoda-san...?" She stammered and I just nodded. She stepped away from me, her eyes moves around on the ground nervously.

"I'm sorry...I wasn't looking at where I'm going." She explained, bowing slightly.

"It's okay. I wasn't looking as well so we're both at fault here." I waved her off. I picked up my bag from the ground and she began picking up her books on the floor. I noticed one of her books near me and picked it up. It had her name on it.

Kojima Haruna.

"Here." I held it out for her to take. She bowed again when she took it, a blush creeps into her cheeks making me to frown slightly.

"Thank you and...I'm sorry again for what happened."

"Do you always do that?" I asked without thinking and she looked at me, confused.

"Blushing I mean."

"Wh-what?" My question seemed to embarrass her more as her blush deepened.

"You always blush. Is it because you're easily embarrassed or....." I trailed as I stared at her. She looked uncomfortable now, her eyes on the ground and she was clutching her books tightly. Why am I even asking this? Just because of what Miichan said? The fact that Miichan said it is ridiculous enough so no need to ask it really. Plus I am right. This girl in front of me is definitely a shy girl. Why? Low self esteem perhaps. She definitely needs to know the definition of modern.

"Never mind." I shook my head smiling slightly.

"Anyway, as painful as it is, it's nice bumping into you Kojima-san. See you." I waved as I made my way to wherever, leaving her to stand there and stare. I can feel her eyes on me as I walk away. I glanced behind me and saw her jump slightly as I caught her staring. She quickly turned and walk away. I frowned at that. What is up with her stares?

Disturbing?

Hell yeah it is.

Time passed by quickly as now I'm heading towards my class. Guess who decided to join me in class since she only have one class for the day like me.

"What would be a name for that? Wobbling mashed potato? Or maybe we should combine jelly and mashed potato. Hmmm. Mashlly potato?" Miichan said as we walked towards my class. She's been yapping non-stop about that mashed potato that wobbles at the cafeteria. But I've been wondering myself what the cafeteria lady puts in that mashed potato to make it wobble like that. Hmmm. Guess we found one mystery of Akihabara University. Seriously, every school has one right?

"Greetings and salvitations. Is your name Summer?" A man with an outdated hairdo said as we entered the room, grinning as he looked at me. He was sitting next to a man who looked like he hasn't brushed his hair for weeks. What is this? The terrible hairdo duo? And what is that they're wearing? Jumpsuits?

Miichan pulled me to stop in front of them.

"This could be interesting." She mumbled as she crossed her arm to her chest. I sighed and mimicked her, my eyes narrowed at the grinning man who I believe is going to deliver one of the worst pick up line ever.

"There's no mistaking it. Your name IS Summer. I can tell since you are so hot as hell!" Outdated hairdo man said, high-fiving his comb hater friend, grinning like mad as if they just found a cure to an incurable disease. Hopefully that cure can save their hair as well.

"God, this is worse than listening to Miichan flirt with my mom. My precious seconds wasted by a lame pick up line. Ugh." I shook my head and walked away. Seriously, why do people think that pick up lines work? It doesn't. Unless of course you're high, deliriously drunk or just plain sluts. Though for the latter, showing them a wad of cash would suffice.

"That's so lame man. You need to work on your technique...and...uh your hair." I hear Miichan say, following me behind. I glanced at the terrible hairdo duo and saw comb hater laughing at the Asian Johnny Bravo.

"That has to burn man!"

"Shut up Kiyoto!" Asian Johnny Bravo growled as he punched his friend in the arm. And I'm sure every school has these kinds of idiots as well, right?

"I'm not like that am I?" Miichan asked as she sat down next to me. I made a face at the girl sleeping three seats away from me, her mouth open. Looking at her sleeping like that, it doesn't feel like it's the first day of class huh.

"Don't go near them when your hair is messy and when you're wearing a jumpsuit."

"You make it sound like those are the only things that makes me different from them."

"I'm sure that's what I intend to sound like."

"Mean!" She pouted, crossing her arm to her chest. I rolled my eyes and looked around the room. It seems only a few people are taking this as there are a lot of vacant seats around. Makes me wonder why the terrible two and sleepy girl who's now drooling decided to take this class. Only when I see someone familiar did my eyes stop wandering. It's the kid from the park, wearing a business suit. Don't tell me she's...?

I frowned when she placed her things on the teachers table. She then turned to us, smiling.

"Hmmm. It seems that this room is a bit spacious for this class huh. I'll see what I can do about that. Anyway, welcome to Creative Writing. I'm going to be your professor, Takahashi Minami."

The kid...isn't a kid...and she's my professor? I have a midget professor. Huh. How nice.

"You know, I never pegged you to be the bookworm type." Miichan said as she looked at the syllabus handed by my midget professor. I glanced at sleeping girl with the syllabus covering her face. Yup, I did that. Thought that should wake her up but damn, she slept throughout the class. She must've party all night long yesterday.

"I'm not." I sighed as I stood up, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"Then why are you taking this course?"

Honestly, I don't know, which is why I didn't answer her. My eyes were trained at my midget professor who was fixing her things on the table using her uninjured arm. Looks like she still hasn't treated that arm of hers. What an idiot. She should know very well that neglecting that kind of injury can be dangerous. Oh well, I'm sure she'd realize that when it gets worse.

I made my way towards the exit with Miichan following me behind. I was only a few feet away from the exit when I glanced behind me and found the small professor walking briskly towards the exit. What's her hurry? Internally shrugging, I turned back my attention towards the exit. A few seconds later, I heard some noise from behind me followed by a painful groan. I turned and found Miichan holding little professor's injured arm as if she just prevented the little one from falling. Did midget professor tripped? How clumsy can you be?

"Are you okay?" Miichan asked still holding her injured arm. I can see the miniature professor gritting her teeth and her eyes a bit teary as she looked at Miichan.

"She will be if you--"

"LET HER GO YOU...YOU...GACHAPIN!" A familiar voice bellowed, cutting me off. We all turned towards the voice and found fang girl glaring at us. What now?

"I SAID LET HER GO!" Miichan's half vampire roommate said again as she walked towards the two, slapping Miichan's hand away from the mini professor. She stood in front of the injured girl--who by the way I notice is just a bit smaller than her--like she was shielding her from Miichan.

"What the hell is your problem?! I was just--"

"You hurt her!" The half vampire growled, glaring murderously at Miichan. This could get ugly...again. I decided to get in between them...again. Ugh...again.

"Whoa hold your fang there, fang girl. Miichan was just trying to---"

"Shut up walking stick!"

I sighed and crossed my arm to my chest.

"Are we bound to never finishing our sentences now? Seriously. Chill." She's now glaring at me. It reminds me of a poodle protecting her master. I'm kinda afraid she'll bite us. Is she rabies free?

"T-Tomochin...? Wh-what are you doing here?" The midget asks as she's cradling her injured arm. Finally she speaks. Hopefully she'd be able to tame fang girl here. I swear she looks like she's about to foam in the mouth.

"Are you okay Takamina? Did they hurt you? If they did I swear I'll..." She said worriedly as she turned towards the other girl. Hmmm. I wonder what relationship these two have.

"I'm fine. They were trying to help me because I tripped." She laughed nervously, scratching her head with her uninjured arm. Clumsy midget professor.

"Are you sure? What about your arm?"

"Uhm...I had an accident this morning so...yeah. I think I broke it. It's not their fault. I'm the one at fault. I am a bit clumsy."

I'm thinking 'a bit' is an understatement here.

"Anyway, what are you doing here? Are you...?"

"I'm a student here. I applied to Akihabara University so that I could be close to you." Fang girl smiled at clumsy girl who tilted her head slightly.

"Why?"

"B-Because I want to. You're...important to me, Takamina." Fang girl blushed. I glanced at Miichan and she glanced back. Interesting.

"Oh. Well it's good to see you. It's been such a long time. How's your mom?" Midget professor said, smiling brightly at fang girl who looked a bit deflated. Who wouldn't when she practically said that she likes midget professor. Correction. Clumsy, DENSE, midget professor. That's gotta burn.

"How interesting." Miichan grinned looking at the two.

"You can say that again." I nodded.

"How interesting." She repeated with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes at that.

TBC

-------

OMAKE! Haruna's POV (Chapter 3: Fleeting Stares.)

There's a saying by Benjamin Franklin.

'Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.'

Since I was a child, my Grandfather would remind me of that whenever I would protest about sleeping early. He would come inside the study room—where I usually spend most of my time reading books—at exactly 8:45pm, pat my back gently to rouse me from reading and would tell me that I should sleep early and that I can continue to finish my book in the morning. I would object most times, telling him that I wasn’t sleepy, but he would have none of it. He’d shake his head, take my book, turn off the lamp on his study table and say that quote to me, “Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise – by Benjamin Franklin.”

Truthfully, I can’t remember if I opposed about it, telling him constantly that I just wasn’t sleepy. Probably the first few times, being just a child. Then I would relent, give in on his wishes, especially when he would raise his voice and glare intensely at me, telling me to follow him...or else… 

…that…that would be...

…terrifying…

“…mlorghpph…” I hear a soft mumble from across as I sat up from my bed. After rubbing my eyes from the sleep of my eyes, I reached out for the lamp on my bedside table and clicked it open. I blinked a few times, adjusting to the light before I proceeded to take my glasses and put them on. I turned to look at the window, noticing how the sun has yet to peer over Tokyo.

“Quarter to five?” I mumbled to myself before reaching out my Grandmother’s watch that my Grandfather gave to me a few years ago. I looked at it resting on my palm, and couldn’t help but smile. My guess was 30 mins late as it reads 5:15am. 

“Close enough…” I whispered with a smile, thinking I was getting better at this little game I’ve sadly come up with. It is…sad when you think about it, but…

“Don’t mind what other people may think about you. You are who you are and that itself is amazing. Believe me.”

I gently clenched my Grandmother’s watch as I thought back on Oshima-san’s words. “Right…” I mumbled again to myself, smiling a little. Feeling determined to not let this negative feeling get to me, I slowly pushed myself up to a sitting position and began stretching a little to awaken my sleepy muscles.

“…urghmph…” I hear a grunt causing me to flinch in surprise. Turning to look at the other side, I saw my roommate turn to face me as she sleeps, mumbling. I blinked a few times, suddenly remembering how I met my roommate yesterday. That’s right. I have a roommate now.

“Shinoda Mariko…” I mumbled to myself as I watch her grumble with a frown, scratching her cheek for a second. Watching her, it feels odd that I’m sleeping with another person in the same room. It’s odd and…different.

Different is good…right?

Smiling, I quietly stood up and made my bed. I glanced back at Shinoda-san to check if she’s still sleeping before I kneeled on the floor by my bed to say my morning prayer. I felt a bit guilty as I hurriedly talked to God, but I didn’t want my roommate to see me praying. The thought of her mocking me like yesterday enters my mind.

With a tight smile, I stood up and glanced again at my sleeping roommate. I let out a sigh of relief upon seeing her sleeping soundly.

“So much for being myself then.” I mumbled as I made my way to my bag and my drawer to get ready for the day.  It took me almost an hour to get ready and was happy that I was quiet enough to not wake Shinoda-san. I took hold of my bag and was about to lift it to my shoulders when I heard another grunt from Shinoda-san. I flinched when I saw her eyes a bit open seemingly scanning her surroundings. She let out another grunt as she laid back down with her arm covering her eyes.

“Stupid sun…” she grumbled, causing me to look at the cause of her irritation. The sunlight was shining through the window hitting her face.

I bit my lip as I looked at the window then back at Shinoda-san who seemed to have fallen asleep again. Thinking it would be uncomfortable later on if I don’t do something, I walked towards my dresser and looked for something to cover the window. Thinking it would be best if I cover the window with something dark, I pulled out the black shirt Oshima-san gave me.

“Faith, hope, love.” I muttered as I held up the shirt with a smile. I remember receiving this from Oshima-san when she visited us a year ago. She handed it to be with a beaming smile after she talks to my Grandfather saying that it reminded her of me when she was looking around. It made me wonder why a black shirt would remind her of me, but I didn’t ask as I thought it would be rude. It was a simple shirt, a bit fitting for my usual taste, but it was my favorite as it was comfortable to wear especially at night or whenever it is cold. Besides, it was one of the few gifts I received that isn’t…typical.

Maybe…maybe Oshima-san gave it for that reason?

“effinmph…” Another sudden grunt from Shinoda-san startled me, causing me to jump a little. I pressed my lips tight not wanting to let out a sound. Blinking a few times, I turned to look at Shinoda-san who was grumbling a little as she turned to the other side, facing the wall. She grabbed the pillow below her head and placed it on top of her head, covering it.

That would be uncomfortable as well later on as well.

I let out a sigh then turned to her window. It is a bit sad that I won’t be able to wear this shirt for a while, but at least Shinoda-san would be able to sleep properly.

With a small smile, I carefully covered her window with my favorite shirt.

---

It’s uncomfortable.

The stares.
The glances.
The whispers.
The laughs.

It’s very uncomfortable.

I hurriedly grabbed my things as soon as the professor dismissed us and quickly head out of the room. I kept my head down as I walked out of the building, ignoring the gaze and glances that I feel were directed at me. I know I shouldn’t think about it and that I should really listen to Oshima-san that it’s all in my head that I think people are staring at me, but I can’t help but think that. It’s suffocating being around a lot of people. Even though this is what I wanted. This is what I asked my Grandfather for.

To be around other people and experience a lot of things.

I let out a sigh of relief once I reached the quad, my pace slowing a little. Unsure of where I’m heading, I opened the book that I’m holding as I walk and looked at the map Oshima-san provided me. It will probably take me a couple of minutes to reach the building of my next class. I do have an hour though before that starts, so maybe I could visit the church by the English Building and—

It was sudden and couldn’t help but let out a little ‘oof’ as I collided with another person, causing me to drop my books. Surprisingly, I got a glance on the person that I bumped into as the impact caused me to lean back. My eyes widen as did hers. It was my roommate.

It was Shinoda-san.

Maybe I didn’t realize how hard we collided that I only realized it when I lost my footing and balance. I closed my eyes tight as I know I will fall down. It’s silly, but at that moment—as I know I would make a fool of myself—I prayed for something that would likely happen.

It’s stupid but…I prayed that Shinoda-san wouldn’t laugh at me.

It was all so fast that I suddenly felt something wrap around my waist and pull me against something hard and…warm? An arm on my waist? I think so. The warmth though was fleeting, gone before I opened my eyes. I didn’t fall. I don’t think I will, yet I can’t seem to open my eyes and look. Maybe I was afraid of what I’ll see in front of me?

“You okay?” I hear her ask as the arm around my waist disappears. Her hand suddenly rests on my shoulder, giving it a squeeze a moment later. That little gesture and hearing her voice tinged with worry caused me to slowly open my eyes.

"Sh-Shinoda-san...?" Blinking a few times, I stammered even though I know it was her earlier. I then noticed how close we are standing to each other, causing my eyes to widen a little. I took a step back to reclaim both our personal spaces. My eyes quickly shifted to the ground feeling a bit embarrassed.

"I'm sorry...I wasn't looking at where I'm going." I said, bowing a little. I glanced at her and found her looking a bit embarrassed herself. Somehow, seeing her like that made me feel a bit better.

"It's okay.” She waved her hand casually. “I wasn't looking as well so we're both at fault here." She says before she began picking her things on the ground. I quickly followed as I crouched down. I see her pick up one of my book and she stares at it for a while before she stood up and held it for me to take.

"Here."

I quickly stood up bowing as an apology before taking hold of the book. Somehow my thumb brushed against her hand a little that I quickly pulled the book from her, nervously. Hopefully she doesn’t notice that. "Thank you and...I'm sorry again for what happened."

"Do you always do that?" She suddenly asked, startling me a little. The question confused me though. Does she mean the little accident of me touching her hand? Because that was an accident. It’s a harmless accident, right?

"Blushing I mean." She added.

Oh. I’m…I’m blushing right now?

"Wh-what?" I stammered, confused. I do feel nervous and warm. More so right now that she’s staring at me attentively. Is there something on my face?

"You always blush.” She pointed out calmly as she continues to stare at me. “Is it because you're easily embarrassed or.....?"

Feeling uncomfortable, I averted my eyes to the ground as I clutched my books against my chest tightly. I do feel embarrassed easily that would cause me to blush. But at this moment, I’m blushing mainly because Shinoda-san is staring at me. It’s nerve wracking to be stared at by Shinoda-san. Maybe it’s because—

"Never mind." She says causing me to glance at her. She was smiling a little, like she thinks it’s silly to be asking questions like that. Regardless, it was the first time I see her smile. It wasn’t much but…

“Your first impression of Mariko is that she’s beautiful?”

"Anyway, as painful as it is, it's nice bumping into you Kojima-san.” She says as she glanced at me for a brief moment before she turned and waved. “See you."

I stare at her, unmoving as she walks away. I wasn’t expecting her to glanced back at me, so when she did, it startled me. I quickly turned and walked in the opposite direction. I frowned and tightened my hold on my books as I felt her eyes on me. She’s…watching me walk. It’s nerve wracking to be stared at by Shinoda-san. Maybe it’s because when she stares at you, you can see she’s genuinely curious. There’s life in her eyes. It’s fleeting, but it’s there. A few seconds that she isn’t hiding. Regardless of how brief it is, hopefully I could stare back and not hide as well…

…so that I could get to know her better.

TBC

Next up: Waiting for immortal_K's MariHaru fic and AFLynx's TakaTomo fic.  :lol:
                       But seriously, Mariko's list just continues.   :lol:

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 04:19:12 PM by FoF »

Offline RJay

• AtsuMina & MariHaru FOR LIFE!!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Don't give up! Keep moving forward!
Re: Basket Case - (Chapter 3: Damn that 1%!)
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2012, 03:49:12 AM »
I'm really enjoying this fic so much
Makes me laugh a lot especially Miichan

A small MariHaru moment(interesting) I like the way how Mariko describe the so call 'romantic' moment
Really cracks me up

Please update soon
Already looking forward to it
I'll say "I love you" to the person I love
Even if these feelings aren't returned, saying "I love you" to the person you love
That is the most beautiful thing in the world

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 10:57:42 AM »
Hahaha! I really like Miichan and her antics ^^

Offline AFLynx

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • In my world, anything is possible.
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 11:47:43 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Honestly, I'm trying to contain my laughter here... coz I'm still at work when I was reading this chapter  :nervous

Dialogues between Mariko and Miichan always crack me up  :lol: In my opinion, those kind of banters can only happen between best friends... and you were able to write it beatifully (and comically)  :thumbup

*gasp*  :w00t: Takamina as a professor? Awesome! Hm... she's friends with Haruna eh? I wonder what's their story  :) I have to stop myself from blushing when I imagine Tomoching being flustered and worried about Takamina.  :nervous But seriously, I can imagine Takamina as you wrote her: Clumsy, DENSE, midget professor  :shocked I have to agree with the deflated look on Tomochin's face   :sweatdrop: :doh:

Thank you so much for your update FoF-san!  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: as always, will be waiting for your next installment!  :w00t:

P.S.
ano... regarding my TakaTomo fic... well, I found a willing beta-reader for it and I just need to write it  :nervous I'll just have to finalize the plot/summary/settings and all that then I'll start to write it. Maybe I'll just surprise you by posting it one of these days (weeks... months...  :nervous ) I hope you'll be patient with me  XD

Offline immortal_K

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Welcome to Immortal's world.
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »

Oh Damn that 1%!!!

OMG this is so funny  :mon lmao: I'm glad I chose to read this during my break time at work! TOTALLY made my night so much better already! Screw that 1% that is giving me a bad night at work because this 99% is awesome!  :bow: :bow: :bow:  :twothumbs :twothumbs

I really love how you are writing this, and the way Mariko is throughout the story. keke
First Betty and now Johnny Bravo ROFL *need air!!! dying from laughing too hard*
Mariko and Miichan is like the best combo in this, please stay best friends forever so Mariko can keep thinking of ways to get rid of Miichan while Miichan knows exactly what to do to bribe her sadist best friend!

Oh oh oh, Betty likes mariko  :) I see her blushing!~ *points to the blushing Haruna -->  :wub:*
They already did the classic "bump into each other, one almost falls over while the other saves the falling one with arms around the waist to feel them up while holding it for a few sec so the wind can make it on time for added effect scenario"

O.O Takamina.... Professor... + a blushing Tomochin!! What's going on?  :panic: but then whoever falls for takamina always suffer greatly because of takamina's "Dense-itis" problems. Good luck to Tomochin  :lol: :lol:

WOW special mention at the end... but it's gives off the feeling of debt threats. Imagine those words written in red paint (or blood) on the walls in big ugly letters.

"Waiting for immortal_K's MariHaru fic"

LOL, I'll try to get it out as soon as I can, been a little busy recently with a lot of projects backed up at the moment. But on the bright side I was able to write down a couple notes for the story. It will be a 2-3 shot I think  XD

Thanks for the update FoF-san!  :bow: :bow: :bow: Your writing is so Godly! I will be waiting in the shadows for more!

*Merges into the shadows*

~imo-k

Offline flameeyes

• MARIHARU 4EVER?..LOVE is POSIBLE even it is FORBID
  • Member+
  • LOVE ME and I WILL GIVE YOU EVERYTHING!!!!
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »

IF ONLY YOU KNOW

:wriggly:  :mon angel::wriggly:

:mon whimper:
I   C A N ' T   E X P R E S S   M Y   F E E L I N G S   N O W ! ! !

:on gay: :nya: :on gay:

ANOTHER FANFIC OF MARIHARU~!!!!

:k-inlove: :tama-heart: :tama-laff: :tama-yeeaah: :k-inlove:
◄ I   L O V E   M A R I H A R U   S O   M U C H ! ! ! . . . . .    :inlove::wub::inlove: :tama-heart: :tama-laff: :tama-yeeaah:

IF ONLY YOU KNOW

I'm near to death :bleed eyes: this several months only to find a fiction for this pairing!!!!

:tama-lotsaluv: T H A N K   Y O U S O M U C H ! ! ! :bow: :k-sad:

:cry: :cry: :tama-excite: :cry: :cry:

:k-thrilled: I'm looking forward to you to wrote more about this pairing!!!!  :jphip:

:k-great: :k-inlove: :k-great:

:lol: again thank you so much!!  :twothumbs for this FICTION!!!!!!!

FLAMEEYES!!!!

HUHUHUHUHU ヽ(╥﹏╥)ノ
PUTANG INA
ANG HIRAP MA IN-LOVE
(´∩`。) 。:゚

Offline flameeyes

• Member+
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 09:40:19 AM »

BORED

:imdead: :mon nap: :imdead:

*Sigh*

:mon speechless: :mon speechless: :mon speechless:
hay......still waiting you to UPDATE this....
 :mon whimper: :mon whimper:
I can't blame you since you have a lots of work
 :mon POd:
*sigh*

well take care and keep your good work
 :mon surr:
FLAMEEYES
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:21:35 PM by flameeyes »

HUHUHUHUHU ヽ(╥﹏╥)ノ
PUTANG INA
ANG HIRAP MA IN-LOVE

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [MariHaru] Basket Case - (Chapter 4: Revlon sweat, spit and tears!)
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2012, 05:23:36 PM »
Update!  XD And it took awhile!  XD
Sorry bout that.  :nervous
I miss writing this fic so I decided to update. I like writing this one since I can write freely.  :lol:
Let me know what you guys think...whoever you guys are who will still read this.  :nervous

Just a reminder though. This is fiction. If I ever offend someone, please feel free to tell me.

Thanks and enjoy!  :)

many thanks to yanouchi and crazywota for the poster

Chapter 4:  Revlon sweat, spit and tears

Ever had days wherein it felt longer than any other days?

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. You probably felt it, wondered about it, complained about it then just let it stride. I mean really, you can't do anything about it right? You just have to grin and bear it.

Kinda like what I'm doing right now. Minus the whole grinning though. Stoic is more like my style. My companion on the other hand...yeah she's all grin.

"Mashllypaghetti please." Miichan grinned, holding her tray up for the lunch slash dinner lady. Seeing her like this, it reminds me of that gluttonous boy in Charlie and the chocolate factory. I swear she's almost salivating right now.

"What?" The lunch slash dinner lady asks, her eyebrow arched up. She does not look pleased. Honestly, I don't think she knows how look pleasing since if you look closely, you'd see her make up melting. Hopefully that's not the case and I'm hallucinating because of this first day that I'm having or else we'd be tasting Revlon sweat on our food.

"Mash-lly-pag-hetti." Miichan syllabicated. I think she syllabicated it incorrectly too. But I don't think the lunch slash dinner lady cares as she frowned naturally. I think she's kinda like those typical lunch lady you see in movies who hardly smiles. You know, that type wherein at any second now she'd put something poisonous at our meals if we don't watch her hand carefully.

And yes, that's what I'm doing right now. Oddly enough, I fear for Miichan's life.

"She meant your dancing mashed potato and some spaghetti. She just had her meds so she goes on inventing new words for her brain's sake." I said to her, my eyes  locked at her hand. I can feel Crazy Psycho glaring at me while she voiced out her three letter protest.

"Hey!"

I'm trying to save her here and she's protesting. Talk about ungrateful.

"Are you mocking me?" The two times a day meal lady asked as she crossed her arms to her chest. My eyes slowly made its way to her eyes as I didn't want to stare at her hands anymore because then I'd see her chest and well...yeah you get it. Going for the eyes now and surprise surprise. Still not pleased but looking a bit angry at me.

"I'm pretty sure I was mocking her, not you." I pointed at the girl beside me who again let out her protest. Yes, the same three letter word.

"You are mocking me." The meal lady concluded looking at me dangerously, like a meal lady ready to take out her poison. I blinked back my surprise then raised my eyebrow at Miichan who now looked at me with confusion across her face.

"Am I saying unknown and soundless words here or what? Cause I'm absolutely, positively, infinitely sure I didn't say that."

"Just because I'm a lunch lady doesn't mean I didn't get the same education as you you know!" She spat or rather sprayed. Luckily for me it didn't reach me. Hmmm. Maybe we should scratch that 'luckily' word because I think I saw some rain like spit going to that spaghetti. So it's not only Revlon sweat that we'd get to taste but also spit. Great. If someone asks, I'm on a forced diet.

I turned to her, my eyes narrowed. "Again, I didn't say that." I said in plain simple words. It didn't seem to tame her though as her glare intensifies.

"I went to college too you know! I graduated with a degree in *bleeep*! So don't you look at me like I'm trash!"

And that's...kind of a downer. A taste of real life perhaps? Maybe they should let her talk in those Career talk they have in high school. People need this kinds of talk rather than letting those successful people talk and brag about their successes. Well maybe they should combine both. Make it balanced. I can actually imagine her doing those kinds of talk.

'Hi, my name is two times a day meal lady and I'm here to talk about real life. I'm a graduate of *bleeep* with a degree in *bleep bleep*. And right now I'm serving meal at Akihabara University.'

It could work. But then again, maybe she'd discourage the students if that is the case. Oh well, at least she's going to get money for that.

"What are you doing? Stop it." Miichan asked as she slightly tugs on my clothes waking me up on my imaginative world with the meal lady. I looked at her incredulously, my frustration showing as I noticed the attention of the people eating were drawn at us.

Great.

"I'm not doing anything!"

"Why do you people look down on us...like we're nothing?! We have feelings too you know!" She wailed with tears forming in her eyes, surprising me and Miichan. Hell I think everyone's surprised.

"Mariko!" Miichan is now shaking me, looking panicky at the meal lady. I was beginning to feel a bit alarmed as well. Okay so...this doesn't look good. We have to add tears to the Revlon sweat and spit meal if this continues.

We can't have that now can we.

Before I can open my mouth and say what they call 'comforting words' the clumsy, dense midget professor came to my rescue.

"Hmm? What's wrong Sachiyo-san?" She asked as she stood next to me. The meal lady let out a sob as she pointed at me like a kid who just got pushed by a bully.

"They...they were mocking me...thinking that I'm...nothing."

That's not true. If I was thinking that you were nothing, I wouldn't call you two times a day meal lady or I wouldn't imagine your career as a speaker on career talk. See that's not nothing. That's something. Okay clearly I can't say that or else she'd be bawling her eyes out at our meal. Correction. On Miichan's meal since I am on a forced diet. Better let go of the tray right now.

"I don't think that's true. I know these kids..." She looked at me and Miichan while she smiles. Funny how she says kids to us when she doesn't look older than us. 

Wait...her looking younger than us...that's not funny. Why am I insulting myself?

"...and they wouldn't say such a thing. These two are nice kids you know. I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding." Midget professor said as she smiled at the meal lady. Miichan nodded her head like crazy on that. She nudge me for a reaction and I forcefully gave a nod as well. I do agree with the misunderstanding, other than that...ah no.

"A...misunderstanding...?" Meal lady sniffed.

"Yes a misunderstanding, right girls?" Midget turned to the two of us again.

"Y-yeah. Completely a misunderstanding. We weren't belittling you. It's quite the opposite really since we love your cooking. And we love you as a person." Miichan explained, beaming. I can't help but raise my eyebrow at her. What the hell is Miichan doing spewing crappy things like she's on crack? I don't love her. I barely even know her. I don't even know her name and I keep referring to her as two times a day meal lady for fuck's sake!

"R-really?" Meal lady asks in a small voice. I suddenly had the urge to roll my eyes but decided against it cause we might get another misunderstanding. God, don't tell me she believes that crap.

"Really. Right Mariko?"

Can I say no?

Miichan gave me a look as she pinched me.

Guess not.

"Yes, she's right. We......yes we do. Very much." I gave her a forced smile. I swear I can taste bile in my mouth. Ugh.

Meal lady sniffed as she nods her head.

"Thank you. I'm so happy that people love me."

Miichan nodded her head looking like she'd touched as well. She held up her arms towards the meal lady.

"Aww. Grou---"

"Don't even think about it." I pulled her from behind cutting her off. I glared at her and she just shrugged. She definitely is on crack. That holy water she just drank definitely messed her up or something.

The meal lady continues to cry softly, saying some crap about love and a happy meal? Not sure on the latter. I decided to tune out her voice for selfish reasons. Midget professor and Crazy girl beamed at her. Me? I did the usual. I narrowed my eyes, crossed my arms to my chest.

God I think I'm enrolled in crackhouse university.

"Here." I pushed my tray of goodies from the meal lady at Miichan who was happily gobbling up her tray of goodies of Revlon sweat, spit and tears. I was wondering if blood are also in the menu but I didn't find a trace of blood on the meal lady's apron. So yeah maybe I shouldn't include that.

"You're not going to eat?" She tilted her head slightly as she asked.

"No. I'm on a forced diet."

"Since when?"

"Since I found out I was in love with the meal lady." I told her flatly. She shrugged.

"Your loss."

"And what a loss that is. I'll probably regret it all my life." I rolled my eyes. She shrugged again and got back to gobbling her food up. Maybe I should tell her about the secret ingredients that's in there. If she knew about it...I wonder if she'd still gobble that up like there's no tomorrow.

Yeah, she most definitely still would.

Sighing, I rest my chin in my hand and turned to the Midget professor who uninvitedly decided to join us as she sat across me. She's looking a bit amused at our friendly exchange of words as a smile graced her midget lips.

"Thanks for earlier. I definitely couldn't have done it without you." I said, the corner of lips tugs slightly up.

"Yeah. She sucks at being sorry and being thankful or any other important emotions for that matter. Robots can do better you know." Miichan said as she pointed at me. I just rolled my eyes. I can feel my best friend's love right there. Oh joy.

"Don't mention it. It's my way of saying sorry for earlier on how Tomochin acted." She said as she scratched the back of her neck using her good arm. It was only then I noticed the arm sling she's wearing.

"Nothing broken then?" I pointed at her arm. She shook her head smiling.

"Thankfully no. Just a bit...sprained."

"Yeah. Falling hard off a tree would do that to you." So does the word 'stupid.' But I don't need to say that. I'm trying to be nice here.

She looked surprised at what I said.

"Y-you...saw that?"

"No I just imagined it. I do have quite an active and accurate imagination. Heck I can even imagine Miichan over there finishing up all her meal and she'd still have room for more."

The midget professor looked at me stunned. Crazy Psycho stared at me for a few seconds then looked at her almost finished meal then looked back at me. Her eyes wide in astonishment.

"Sugee!" Miichan said.

"Really?" Midget professor tilted her head slightly.

Looking at these two, I can't help but let out a sigh as I shook my head. Trolling mode failed. This is so a face palm material.

"You're right though. I did fall off a tree earlier. I am a bit clumsy." Midget laughed as she again scratch the back of her neck seemingly embarrassed by the revelation.

You don't say.

"And...Tomochin clearly overreacted earlier."

Again...you don't say.

"What's up with the two of you anyway? Are you two like...lovers cause I swear she was so ready to bite me earlier." Miichan pointed out as she began to take the food off my tray. God Miichan. Restrain yourself or you might give out a clue to the dense one. And wow, she noticed that fang girl wanted to bite her head off. I'm...slightly impressed.

The midget one shook her head and gave out a chuckle.

"No. We're just friends."

Crazy Psycho glanced at me as I did to her, our eyes narrowed at each other obviously thinking the same thing.

Dense.

"We were neighbors and my parents were friends with hers. They would often hire me to baby sit her back then as I was quite older than her."

So fang girl fell for her baby sitter huh.

"It seemed like it was only yesterday I was baby sitting her. Now I look at her and she's all grown up. She's in college. Crazy how time flies huh." She sighs, a look of nostalgia across her face as she stares at the table. Funny how she says fang girl is all grown up now when everyone except for her seemed all grown up.

...I think I'm insulting myself again. Better stop that.

"Time doesn't seem to be flying fast enough for me right now. My time doesn't have them wings like yours has." I sighed. Her eyes then turned to me as she chuckled.

"I remember feeling that too when I was in college. I think that's a normal thing." She said with a smile. I stared at her for awhile. Though I do name her midget professor in my mind, I think I forgot that she IS a professor of the crackhouse university. And we're conversing with her like a normal student would to a student.

I'm blaming this to how young she looks. How old is she anyway? 15?

"Takamina!" A familiar unwanted voice could be heard as she called out to her. The three of us turned and saw fang girl walking towards us wearing that dangerous glare she had earlier.

"Takamina, what are you doing sitting with these two?" She said giving me and Miichan that look of disgust. I could care less than I usually could care less with the look she's giving me. Miichan on the other hand looked like she doesn't like it as she glared at her roommate.

"Just having a chat with my students." She explained, smiling totally unaware of fang girl's displeasure of seeing her with us. Dense I tell you, dense.

"Well let's go. C'mon. I'm hungry." Fang girl began tugging midget professors good arm, pulling her to stand up which the midget one did.

"Oh, okay." Midget professor turned to look at us now.

"Tomochin wants to go out and celebrate our reunion. So I have to go now. It was nice chatting with the two of you. I'll see you guys in class." She explained while fang pulled her. She gave us a wave then turned towards the exit. I could hear fang asking her why the hell did she have to explain anything to us. I watch as midget professor just shrugged and scratch the back of her neck. I can foresee a dark, demanding, whipped relationship that the midget one is going to have with her fang girl. Poor her.

"I....urk...I don't feel so good...." Miichan said looking like she's in pain. Her hand on her stomach.

On the other hand I can foresee myself rolling my eyes as I follow Miichan while she speed towards the nearest bathroom.

That's what she gets for eating so much Revlon sweat, spit and tears.

After dropping off Miichan to her room--well I didn't really drop her off since her room is on the way towards mine--anyway, I made my way towards mine and wasn't surprised when I saw a light coming underneath the door. I fished for my keys and opened the door. I let out a tired sigh as I walked in.

"Okaeri." Was the soft greeting she uttered coming from her side. I didn't bother to look and just waved her off as I made way towards my bed. I let out a loud sigh as I flopped head first. Another sigh soon follows as I hugged my pillow tight, closing my eyes. I hate days like this. Days that feel so long. Ugh.

Silence consumed the room as I rest. Only the sound of paper and someone turning the page could be heard. Curiously, I cracked open my eye to look at the source and found Betty sitting on her desk already on her light blue PJs, reading. Seriously? On a first day? Who does that?

Oh right. She does.

"Got an assignment already?" I asked as I kept my open eye at her. She turned to look at me, glancing from behind looking like she's silently asking if it was her I was talking to. Well there's no one else in the room. Unless of course I'm talking to the pictured haloed people around her. That or I see dead people and I'm asking them if they have an assignment. Really now.

It took her awhile to figure out that it was indeed her I was talking to as she finally answered.

"Uhm...no. I'm just doing some advance reading."

I raised my eyebrow at her feeling a bit weirded out at her answer. Advance reading? Ugh. Hearing that is like watching Miichan drink half of the holy water. Who does that right?

Oh right. Miichan did.

Why am I surrounded with weird people again? Seriously? What is wrong with this world?

Not saying anything and thinking that a bath can somehow clean up the weirdness that's surrounds me, I pushed myself up from the bed and walked towards my drawer. I picked up my night clothes and walked inside the bathroom without so much as giving Betty a glance. The hot water certainly made me feel better and I really didn't mind if I stay there forever. Inside, there were no weirdness surrounding me. But alas, I don't want my skin to turn like a prune so I finished my business and walked out of  the bathroom feeling a bit better.

The moment I stepped out of the bathroom, I see Betty getting ready for bed. I watched her for awhile as I dry my hair with a towel. She must've noticed me staring as she turned to look at me. Our eyes locked for a few seconds until she glanced down and looked at what I was wearing. Her eyes didn't linger though as she quickly turned away and continued to what she was doing confusing the hell out of me. My head tilted slightly as I stare at her back, eyebrow's furrowed slightly.

Did she just blush?...Again?

I looked down at my clothes.

I'm only wearing a plain white tank top and a black boy shorts. No blush worthy here so...huh? Tch. Betty probably felt embarrassed at blatantly looking at my clothes. Yeah. That's probably why.

Shaking my head, I made my way towards my bed and sat on it. I grabbed my purse and fished out my phone. Flipping it open, I saw that there were two messages for me. Before I can open it, I glanced at Betty and found her just standing by her bed looking a bit troubled. I saw her glance at me then looked away when I caught her. Seriously, what's her problem now?

"Um...I...I'm going to sleep now."

"Ooookaaayyy." I drawled and kept my eyes on her. She honestly looked like she wanted to say more and I really have no clue as to what. Is there some kind of ritual she has to do before she goes to bed or something? Yesterday I didn't get to see her do any ritual since when I got back, she was already sleeping so...no clue here.

Wait. Oh. Right. She does have a ritual.

"I get it. You have to pray." I nodded my head. She turned to me but her eyes were downcast as she gave a shy nod. I scratched the back of my neck again feeling a bit weirded out.

"So...do I have to pray with you like hold hands or something and sing Kumbaya or what?" I see her eyebrow furrowed slightly. I quickly waved my hand when I noticed it.

"I don't mean to disrespect your religion or anything. I just have no idea on what you're implying here. Seriously." Ain't that the truth. It seemed like she understood me as she nodded her head.

"It's just that...I have to pray and...I usually pray kneeling down." She said softly, her eyes still downcast to the floor as a blush creeps across her cheeks.

Oh...

Oh!

"It's okay if you kneel down. I won't laugh at you. I really don't find kneeling people funny. It's not that just laughable for me. Plus I hardly ever laugh so...yeah. You're safe." I shrugged nonchalantly. Her eyes slowly made its way to mine.

"Why do you..." She trailed and I waited for her to finish whatever is it that she was going to say. It seemed like she changed her mind though as she shook her head and looked away, smiling slightly.

"Never mind. I'm going to pray now."

"Ok. You do that." Seriously weird people...everywhere.

I shook my head and went back to looking at my phone. Sure enough, I noticed Betty kneeling down her back facing me. Looking at her kneeling down like that...yeah. Not funny.

I looked at my phone again and looked at the two messages. One was from my little sister saying how much she misses me and asking me when will I be back home. Yes I have an overly attached little sister. Cute but a bit suffocating sometimes as she always want to be with me and all. She cried so hard when I left you know. Yeah, she was THAT attached to me.

Smiling slightly I replied to her message and said 'soon.' Doubt that but my little sister doesn't know that. Moving on to the other message. I couldn't help but sigh when I saw that it was from my mother. I think I have an overly attached mother as well as she reminds me to write her a letter. Now that I think about it, I have three overly attached people around me. I have an overly attached sister, mother and best friend.

I caught Betty glancing at me as she stood up finished from her evening prayer. She turned away again then went to lay down on her bed, covering herself up with her blanket.

Hopefully I don't have an overly attached roommate cause that's just...no.

Sighing, I was about to place my phone back inside my purse when disaster strikes and embarrassment followed. My stomach made a growling noise.

Shit. I forgot about that whole forced diet thing.

"Are you hungry?" Betty asked peeking over the blanket. I narrowed my eyes at her. No, there's a band inside my stomach right now and they're chanting encore that's why it's making a noise.

My stomach growled again.

Ugh. Maybe I should refrain from thinking sarcastic thoughts right now as it obviously is making me hungry. I think I'm hallucinating as well cause I'm seeing a melon bread in front of me. Someone's holding it towards me.

"Here." Betty said. I blinked back and looked up at her. She's standing in front of me, handing me that delicious bread. When did she...?

"I bought that earlier but didn't get to eat it. Take it." She smiled slightly. I stared at her for awhile and I swear I see some kind of shinning halo on top of her head. Clearly the hunger is making me delusional.

I hesitantly took her offering giving her a small smile as well.

"Thanks."

She nodded her head and went back to her bed while I slowly unwrap the melon bread. Taking a bite at it, I swear I can hear a harp playing in the background. Geez...I think I'm turning into them weird ones when I'm hungry. Better not repeat the whole forced diet thing. I blame two times a day meal lady for this.

"You didn't get to eat dinner?" Betty asked as she looked at me as she lay down on her bed. I shook my head as I took a bite.

"Forced diet."

"Forced...?"

"Had to. It's a matter of life and death. I picked cleanliness." I shrugged.

"Oh." She gave me a confused look that I can't blame. Meh. She doesn't need to know the full details anyway.

I continue to eat and noticed her watching me. She didn't look away this time when I looked at her. It was then I noticed that she wasn't wearing her thick glasses now. She looks good without them. She wasn't blushing as well. Good...but...why is she staring at me? Should I like...strike up a conversation or something? Maybe I should just to be nice and all since she did give me food.

"So um...you're a Catholic?"

"Y-yes."

"Since when?"

"Since I was born."

"Huh...how's that treating you?"

"It's...okay I guess."

I nod my head. What a nice conversation that we're having. I feel a lot closer to her now. NOT. Ah I think I'm slowly getting back to normal now.

"Can I um...ask you something?" She started, her eyes away from mine. I shrugged as I munch on the last remains of the melon bread.

"For feeding me, you can ask me anything. I'll be your blue genie for the night." Saying that earned me a chuckle from her. Hmm. I think this is the first time I hear her laughing. Should I pat myself on the back then for that?

"What was your...first impression of me?" She asked hiding half of her face with her blanket. Her eyes were shifting towards me then away from me back and forth. Her asking me what is my first impression of her brought me back to my conversation with Miichan about her saying that I was beautiful and also that cracked up theory of hers about Betty here having a 1% crush on me. Why did I suddenly remember that? And why is she asking me that anyway? But I did say that she could ask me anything.

Ugh...me and my big mouth. Being nice definitely lead me here.

"Religious...goody goody...like a nun." I shrugged.

"Oh." She definitely sounded disappointed there. Hey. I'm trying to be honest here. I really did think of her as that.

"Why do you ask that anyway?" I asked frowning slightly.

"Just...wondering I guess." She answered softly. Honestly it felt like it's much more deeper than that. Like maybe something happened earlier? I suddenly remembered when I saw her earlier, walking at the campus with her head down. There were a couple of looks thrown at her because of her horrendous clothing. Hmmm...I think I'm on to something.

"Honestly for me, first impression doesn't always last. It does if you don't get to know the person better, but if you do then you'd probably end up scratching that first impression you had when you first saw them. Plus people change most of the time so..." I shrugged.

"So...I may not be a goody goody?"

"Well I think I need further observation before I can say my final judgment."

Weirdly enough, what I said made her smile and nod her head.

"I'd...like that a lot."

Eh?

"You may be right about how first impression doesn't always last...but I think for me it does..."

I tilted my head slightly as I look at her smiling.

"...my first impression of you."

Eh?

I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing that greeted me is that shirt of Betty that's covering my window. I stare at the shirt as the wind moves it. Somehow I had a feeling that something woke me up and...I don't know what.

"Good morning!" An unknown smiling face suddenly appears over me greeting me and shocking the living day lights out of me that I couldn't help but let out a scream as I sat up and moved away from her clutching my pillow.

"Wh-who the fuck are you?!"

"Isn't it a bit early for saying bad words?" She said tilting her head slightly.

"Not when someone is trespassing and breaking an entry!" I yelled. Despite my lethargic side, I think I'm a bit athletic so I could probably take any girl on. But looking at this person...I have a feeling she's more athletic than I am. She'd smash me to pieces if she wants to.

"Oh I wasn't breaking an entry. I knocked a couple of times then tried the doorknob and found out that it wasn't locked so I went right in."

I looked at her incredulously.

"So that's not breaking an entry for you?!"

"Nope. I didn't break anything. I knocked and went inside. No breaking occurred." She smiled and I just narrowed my eyes at her. Cute. Real cute.

"Hey...you know you look familiar. Weren't you in my class yesterday?" She pointed out. I raised my eyebrow at that. But now that she mentions it...she does look familiar as well. Only when I realized who she was did I went back to narrowing my eyes.

"You're that girl who was sleeping and snoring at class." How can she even remember my face with all that sleeping she did? Seriously. Me recognizing her seems to make her happy as she nodded.

"Yup. That's me." She then held out her hand for me.

"I'm Akimoto Sayaka. Nice to meet you."

I raised my eyebrow at the offered hand then looked at her smiling self. My second day. Why does this always happen? Will this happen everyday? Probably since I'm in crackhouse university. Why God, Why?!

Letting out a sigh of defeat, I hesitantly took her offered hand and shook it.

"Shinoda Mariko and what are you doing here?"

She let go of my hand and grabbed something from the empty bed of Betty. Did she go out already? Such an early bird that is.

"My mom mailed me some baked cookies and it was so many that I decided to give some. Here." She offered me a box and I just raised my eyebrow at it. Seriously what is wrong with the people here?

"Thanks?" I sighed again as I took the offered box.

"I live next door to you. I actually went to the other room beside us but the girl thought I was selling cookies so she slammed the door at me."

Must be Fang girl. I wouldn't blame her for slamming the door at Snorlax's face. If she did that to me rather than break an entry, I'd probably do that too.

"So...nice room." She said as she looked around.

"I'm pretty sure your room is identical to ours." I said as I sat at the edge of my bed.

"True but we don't have these. You a Catholic?" She pointed at the haloed people on Betty's wall. I raised my eyebrow at her.

"You caught me sleeping right here and you ask me if I'm Catholic when the pictures are over there? Why the hell would I put my stuff over there on the other wall and sleep here?"

"Ohh. Someone's not a morning person eh?" She smirked. I just rolled my eyes and stood up. God, what time is it anyway?

"Whoa. You're pretty tall."

"No actually this is just prosthetic legs. I'm really a midget in disguise." I grumbled as I fished for my phone. 7am?! Seriously?!

"Close enough. Want to join the girl's basketball team with me?" I turned to her and she's all grin showing all that white teeth she has. I sighed defeatedly and shook my head. It was right then the door suddenly opened and a running Miichan made her way towards me.

"Wahhhh! Help!" She said as she hid behind me, cowering as Fang also walked inside towards her looking like she really wants to bite Miichan's head off. Luckily for Miichan, Snorlax held the foaming fang girl.

"Let go of me...you...you amazon!" Fang said as she looked at Snorlax who looked confused.

"Amazon? Really? Is that a compliment or what?" She asked me keeping her hold on the other girl. I could only roll my eyes at her question. I then turn to look at Miichan who was still hiding behind me.

"What did you do this time?"

"I just told her that she was very important to me and I told her that so that I could be closer to her. ....Well that and I didn't flush the toilet so...." She shrugged. It's definitely the latter. Nice one Miichan.

"I'll kill you! Let go of me!" Fang yelled as she struggled from Snorlax's hold who then began asking me again to join the basketball team. Miichan from behind me began taunting Fang and I could only narrow my eyes as this craziness continues.

I'm thinking of dropping out of this cracked up university if these continues.

Suddenly, as if all these craziness isn't enough, an unknown head peeked at the opened doorway and we all turned towards the voice, stopping.

"Yo Sayaka! Are you done giving them those blasted cookies cause we have to..." She suddenly stopped and her eyes widened.

"Y-you!" She pointed towards my direction and well Miichan is behind me so...

"Who?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"You!" She repeated. I pointed at myself.

"Me? Me what?"

"Is this some kind of knock knock joke?" Miichan asked from behind me, frowning. Before I could retort back on Miichan's question, the unknown girl quickly made her way towards me, grabbed both my hands and invaded my personal space.

"Oh my God it's you!" She exclaimed again showing me closely her full smile. I can feel her breathing through her nose what with how close she. I can't step back because Miichan is behind me so...yeah, I'm stuck.

"What about Mariko that has gotten you excited Sae?" Snorlax asked. Did she just call me Mariko? I didn't permit her to call me by my first name you know.

"It's her!"

Okay so this girl is giving me the creeps with her smile. I'm going to dub her Creepy for now.

"Her what?" Both Miichan and Fang asked exasperatedly. I guess their getting frustrated with the whole 'you' 'her' whatever. Can't blame them really.

"She's the prince I was talking to you about!" Creepy said as she looked at Snorlax. Prince? What the fuck on crack...?!

"The one you couldn't stop gushing about yesterday? That prince?"

"Yes. The one who saved the princess!"

"I'm the who that saved the what now?" I raised my eyebrow at her. Creepy quickly turned towards me making me to lean slightly away from her. Seriously she's really close to me that her lips are only a bit inches from mine.

"Yesterday, you saved a princess in distress by swooping her in your arms, preventing her from falling. I saw it on my own two eyes...you were so...cool!!!" She exclaimed loudly spraying me with her spit. I know I needed a shower but not this kind!

"Okay first, can you just move away? I'm not really into swapping spits with a stranger so early in the morning. Seriously, move." I glared at her. Thankfully she didn't protest and took a step back but she still kept her eyes locked in mine and that creepy smile she had on when she did that. Definitely creepy.

"What is she talking about Mariko?" Miichan asked from behind me. I could only sigh while I massage my temples. I foresee an impending headache.

Just as I thought it wouldn't get any worse, the said princess made her appearance as she walked out of the bathroom all wet clad only with a towel. She let out a squeal holding her towel tight when she saw how many people were inside our room.

"Wh-what's...g-going on...?"

"OH MY GOD IT'S THE PRINCESS!!" Creepy yelled as she looked at Betty who jumped surprised. God how many decibels was on the yell of hers? Miichan, who despite the gawking that she's doing on Betty shook her head and put the pieces together.

"Y-you saved Haruna-chan from falling yesterday?"

"Yes and she was so awesome! Like in the fairy tale! The prince and the princess!" Creepy again exclaimed. What kind of crack is this girl hitting?! Fairy tale?! Ugh probably an avid fairy tale reader when she was a child...and she still is. Like I said, creepy.

"P-princess...?" Betty tilted her head slightly looking a little bit scared. I glanced at Miichan when I heard her snort. She glanced at me, grinning.

"10%."

My eyebrow twitched at that knowing exactly what she means. And I was right you know. Because right then and there, I felt the head ache.

Damn I'm good.

Next: Honestly, I have no idea what's next. I'll just write up whatever cracked up things that comes to my mind.  :lol:

« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 05:42:09 AM by FoF »

Offline kojiyuu109

• ecchi
  • Smile killer Nyan Nyan
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2012, 03:30:37 AM »
i want to know what happen next ! please update SOON  :twisted:
thanks for the update!

Offline RJay

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2012, 04:54:48 AM »
AHAHAHA!!!! I can't get enough of this it's so hilarious.
Oh god, my stomach is killing me!!!

I like the beginning and especially the end(the end the funniest in this chapter)
Sayaka just barged in and surprized Mariko when she woke up; classic.
And Sae coming out of nowhere and calling Mariko a prince LOL!!!
Miichan forgot to flush the toilet; ew, that's gross. Who still doesn't flush the toilet? Unless they're kids(like really small kids)

Please update the next chapter soon. XD

Ps: Sorry wasn't putting any emoticons, was using my IPod. :p
Even if these feelings aren't returned, saying "I love you" to the person you love

Offline Ryo Hiroshi

• Mariko-holic
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mariko-sama <3 <3 <3
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2012, 05:04:46 AM »
OMG FoF-sannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
Have I told you that I love you??? If I haven't, I do it right now!!!   :deco:
I love you! I LOVE YOU! I DEFINITELY LOVE YOU!  XD XD XD XD XD
You know, when I saw you updated The Price of Fame some days ago, I was wondering when will you update this  :catglare:
And then, last night, when I was about to go to bed early (to prepare for my final exam this morning  :P) I decided to check on JPHiP (I'm glad I did it  XD) and BANG, I saw your update  :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: Thanks to that, I couldn't sleep early like I intended  :lol:
About this chapter, wow I don't know what to say, I just want to ask you one question: Are you a genius or what?  XD XD XD XD XD
Seriously, it was so so so hilarious, I laughed like crazy I couln't stop it  :lol: :lol: :lol:
I love it! Really love it! Extremely love it!  :cathappy: :cathappy: :cathappy:
Please update the next chapter as soon as possible, FoF-san  :bow: I'm eager to know what happens next  :cow:
Thank you for your hard work  :bow:

Offline immortal_K

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Welcome to Immortal's world.
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2012, 06:36:47 AM »
YAY FoF update!!!!

Sorry I still haven't updated anything for you yet, but your update just made me  :).
Here I am having a bad week trying to work with my sprain ankle and suddenly I see your update. Its so good makes me smile like crazy.
So funny and really loving Mariko in here, her personality is the best and the way she sees everyone.
Sayaka = Snorlax ROFL
then you have a creepy Sae, the no name drama queen lunch lady and betty but not just any betty it'd princess betty.

Please do continue this  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline Suicchin

• ひとりに しない で
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ( *`ω´)八(бвб)
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2012, 08:21:28 AM »
oh Gawd!
Im really enjoying your story.
Its really hard to find good MariHaru fanfics and I love so much this pairing!

Please continue it soon. Im looking forward next chap!
♥ 恋がしたいのに、うまく恋ができない… そもそも、恋愛なんて私たちには贅沢なんだろうか?  ♥

The Fantastic world of the Wonka Couple FF Chapter 4 [Hiatus]
Who said you can win my heart so easily? Chapter 1 -part 2-[Hiatus]
One-shots / Drabbles / Etc

Offline flameeyes

• Member+
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2012, 02:20:17 PM »
FUCKIN' HIGH!!!!!
 :inlove: :wub: :mon crazyinlove: :mon crazyinlove: :mon angel: :mon crazyinlove: :mon crazyinlove: :wub: :inlove:

:tama-excite: :tama-apeshit: :mon rockstar: :mon roll: :aimonkey: :guychan: :deejay :guychan: :aimonkey: :mon roll: :mon rockstar: :tama-apeshit: :tama-excite:
 :tama-apeshit: :aimonkey: :guychan: :snsdyuri: :snsdfany: :snsdseo: :snsdsica: :snsdyoo: :snsdsun: :snsdsoo: :guychan: :aimonkey: :tama-apeshit:
:heart: :inlove: :wub: IF ONLY YOU KNOW HOW HAPPY I AM!!!! :wub: :inlove: :heart:

:wub: :mon dance: :on gay: :mon lovelaff: :nya: :mon inluv: :shy2: :mon bleed2: :wriggly: :mon angel: :wriggly: :mon bleed2: :shy2: :mon inluv: :nya: :mon lovelaff: :on gay: :mon dance: :wub:

:thumbup :note: :poof: :flower: FINALLY YOU UPDATE!!! :flower: :poof: :note: :twothumbs
 :pen_whirl: I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!! :pen_whirl:

◄  I  A M  P R E T T Y  M U C H  H I G H  I N - L O V E  I N  M A R I H A R U ! ! ! ! . . . . . :tama-apeshit: :tama-yeeaah: :tama-lotsaluv: :tama-heart: :tama-laff: :tama-excite: :tama-bigheart:

:peace: :panic: :cow: I WILL WAIT FOR YOUR NEXT UPDATE :cow: :panic: :peace:

:mon blowhorn: THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!! :mon cam: :mon love: :mon cam: :usagiii:

:skull: :cat: :pen_whirl: :pen_wave: :pen_whirl: :cat: :skull:

:thumbup TAKE CARE ALWAYS AND KEEP UP YOUR :poof: GOOD WORK :peace:

FLAMEEYES!!!! :thumbsup :mon bye: :thumbsup

:pen_read: Proud to an E-BOOK reader :pen_read:

HUHUHUHUHU ヽ(╥﹏╥)ノ
PUTANG INA
ANG HIRAP MA IN-LOVE

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2012, 04:23:43 PM »
HAHAHAHA!!!!! Poor Mariko!!!

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2012, 12:55:39 AM »
Thank you for this update! Mariko's sarcasm so funny. I was laughing non stop while reading! And I like all the characterisations here. Keep this up!
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2012, 05:52:55 PM »
Honestly, this wasn't supposed to be the one that I should be updating but my friend made me promise to update this again and prolong the MariHaru scenes since for her,  the MariHaru part of chap4 was short and...short. Her words, not mine.  :nervous Plus she said I was completely in trolling mode on chap4 which I totally agree when I read it again.  :lol: Too many mistakes as well. I apologize for that. And well honestly, I pretty much forgot to include something in chap4 so  :nervous

Anyway, my reply to commentors:

@kojiyuu109: And update I did!  :lol:. Honestly that emoticon you used makes me wonder what's the meaning behind it. But regardless of that, thanks for reading and commenting.  XD

@RJay:
I'm okay with the whole lack of emoticons. :) And I'm glad you found chap4 funny. Honestly I think I overdid it with the trolling and the funnies.  :lol:. Thanks for reading and commenting. XD

@Ryo Hiroshi: Awww thanks. Though I do feel bad for not letting you sleep because of my update... :nervous still, thanks! xD You're actually one of the main reason I'm writing this so I'm glad to see you're still reading it. You made me miss MariHaru!  XD. And the lack of it is pretty frustrating. That goes for TakaHaru. lol. Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting. :)

@immortal_K:
Sprained ankle sucks.  :( Hope you're feeling better. And it's okay if you haven't updated anything for me. :) I know how life tries to prevent authors from updating. Been there and sometimes, I still am. :lol: Rest well my friend, and heal those wounds of yours and come back to the world of writing. lol. Thanks for reading and commenting. XD

@Suicchin: I'm glad you're enjoying this fic. :) And yes I do agree that it is hard to find good MariHaru fanfics. I kept looking back then and only found a few. Frustration led me to writing this. True story.  :lol:. Thanks for reading and commenting! xD

@flameeyes: Okay, when I first I saw this I was like 'Holy mother of GIFS!'  :shocked That's another true story.  :lol: Looking at it now, it looks like a moving cake. So I thank you for the GIF cake you made. I'm glad you're happy about my update. :) I did tell you when I PMd you that I would update it. lol. Thanks for reading and the cake. Can't help but stare at it. XD

@kahem: Yes. Mariko would forever be poor if she doesn't loose that stick up her behind.  :lol:. Thanks for reading and commenting kahem! XD

@anzai48: First time for everything I always say.  :lol:. I'm surprised to see that you read this, really. I mean I think it's obvious to say that we have different tastes in pairings since I do pretty much write only 1st gen fics, total opposite of you since you write every generation there is, yet you read this and liked it. ...I'm giving you a cyber hug whether you like it or not. No! Don't run away~! *cyberhug!*  :lol:. But seriously, I'm happy that you read this and liked the pairings. Feeling honored as well.  :bow: And you're right! The one's I've offended the most are Mariko's mom and meal lady! I didn't give them names! Shocking realization is shocking.  :lol:. And can I just quote...
And love your sarcastic reference to Buffy.....It's better than Twilight....trololol.....

Quoted for truth. Buffy kicks ass while Twilight.......Yeah......I'll go with kicking of asses. Plus, I love Faith so Buffy wins my vote always. lol. Thanks for reading and commenting anzai48.  XD

@sakura_drop:
I'm happy you liked it. :) I honestly didn't know sarcasm can be this popular.  :lol: Thanks for reading and commenting. XD

To silent readers, dear Thank You pressers, I thank you as well for reading this fic.  :bow: :bow:

I love you guys! Seriously!  :)  :)  :)
But the reminder remains. Only the size of it changes.
This is fiction. If I ever offend someone, please feel free to tell me.  :)
Here's Chap5!
Enjoy!  :)

many thanks to yanouchi and crazywota for the poster

Chapter 5: Uncharacteristically Speaking

Ever felt like jumping out of a 50 storey building and just end everything that needs to be ended?

It's easy. You just have to close your eyes, jump then wait for it and then...BANG! Or is BOOM? Meh, you can just add the appropriate sound effects for that. Anyway, doing that, everything's peaceful again. Well except for the people who witnessed your amazing feat and is currently looking at your messy corpse, screaming, traumatized at the sight. But, let's not care about them since they can take care of themselves through therapy and focus on the thought that...you're free...but dead. Still free though. You're free like that free taste they have at the grocery store. Or free like a bacteria ready to infest whatever it sees. Yes, FREE, with bold and capital letters. No crazies around. No weirdoes. No psycho bestfriend, no Bieber fan mom, no over-protective fang girl with the dense midget professor, no Amazon-like Snorlax, no creepy megaphonic girl with her obsessive attachment to fairy tales, no overly attached sister and no religious goody goody self proclaimed nun like roommate. Just...free.

That's the kind of freedom I want right now. I know it's a scary thought, but really...can you really blame me for wanting that?

"So you haven't told me why you failed to mention the whole princely act." Miichan said as she glanced at me while we walk side by side at Akihabara University. It's better known as crackhouse university inside my head. My head...that's painfully throbbing since the morning encounter.

Really, can you blame me for wanting to take up sky diving without a parachute?

"Oh I'm sorry for not telling you something so trivial, frivolous, diminutive, petty, trifling and inconsequential as saving Betty from falling down. Should I tell you as well how I just took a piss earlier in the bathroom?" I growled as I massaged my temples.

"Don't you use big words that are...hard to understand on me! And no! Haruna-chan is not just pretty she's beautiful and kind as well!" She glared at me and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at that. Figures the 'petty' one is the one she'd remember...wrongly.

"It's petty. Not Pretty." I pointed out which of course she completely didn't understand as she replied.

"I told you her name is Haruna-chan, not Betty! And yes she is pretty and beautiful and kind!"

Die. I just want to die and be at peace. Can I at least have that?

"Anyway, it's important that you tell me these things about Haruna-chan since I told you I want to be her fairy Godmother you know."

"What does that even mean?" I sighed softly as I shook my throbbing head. Is it just me or does it seem like everything is being associated with fairy tales. I wouldn't be surprised if I got sucked into a fairy tale book. If that is the case, shoot me. Shoot me now.

"I want to help her out. You know, kinda like Mr. Miyagi with that kid who wants to go all chop chop." She shrugged.

"Mr. Miyagi and a fairy Godmother are different people. Mr. Miyagi was a teacher while the fairy Godmother is....kinda like a sugar mommy."

"Exactly. I want to be both for Haruna-chan. I'll be her teacher and her sugar mommy at the same time. I'll bring her back to the norm." She smiled smugly as she nodded her head.

"You know, that kinda sound like what a pedophile would say. Oddly enough, I'm not surprised to hear it from you."

"Say what you want. I'm still her fairy God Miyagi and you!" She suddenly stood in front of me, halting our walk and pointed her index finger at me. She's looking at me funny, kinda like a father would to his daughter's girlfriend. Wait...don't tell me she's...

"If you want to be her prince charming, loosen up the whole Scrooge attitude and treat her the way she deserves!"

I stared at her for a moment until I finally let out my inner feelings to her inaccurate accusations.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"I'm serious here Mariko. She's already 10% into you! 90% more and she won't be able to stop!" And she goes on with that ridiculous percentages of hers again. I think she didn't hear my inner feelings, so I repeated it to her like a good friend would as I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Seriously, are you fucking kidding me?"

I raised my eyebrow as she let out a sigh.

"Just treat her better okay? She's special."

"Yeah. She is specially weird." I said as I nodded my head. It seems like Miichan didn't like what I said as she let out a growl.

"Just be nice to her!"

"Do you like her or something?" I suddenly asked her as I crossed my arms to my chest. Her saying that I should be nice to Betty and that she's special has got me thinking that maybe Miichan has a certain crush on my roommate. She had plenty of crushes back then and this is exactly how she reacts to every single one of them. Telling me to be nice and shit.

"Of course. I like her like a teacher and a sugar mommy would."

Except for that. I've never heard her say something like that before. Oh and did I not just mention how that statement of hers reeks of pedophilia. Cause it does. Still I couldn't bring myself to care what with the head ache that I currently have. But then again, I still couldn't care less even without the stupid head ache.

"Whatever."

"Is that a whatever yes or a whatever no?" She asked, tilting her head slightly.

"It's a whatever whatever." I said as I shook my head and walked passed her.

"H-Hey! My class isn't there! Where are you going?"

"Walk yourself to class. I'm going to the clinic to get my head shot so I can die." I replied not bothering to stop or turn towards her.

"Want me to come with you?"

"No! You're making my suicidal tendency worse!" I growled back at her. And ain't that the truth. I think our conversation about Betty made my head ache worse. Ugh and great. People are giving me looks now because of what I said. Geez, haven't they seen people with a suicidal tendency before? Psh.

"Okay! Call me when you're at the morgue!"

"Yeah, I'll call you when they're taking my insides out!" The looks intensifies as I said that. I'm going to kill that girl one of these days and when I do, I'll do it with a smile on my face. Kinda like the smile I'm wearing right now.

God, I forgot how big this crackhouse university is. I've been walking for 10mins now looking for the crackhouse clinic. I've asked for directions and they told me that there's a small clinic just around here. It's either that or I walk for probably another 10mins towards the Medical Center which for me is pretty far. Yeah, so I'm kinda lazy. Plus I'm just going to ask for some medicine so...no to the Medical Center crap. Hmmm, so where the hell is that damn oh wait, there it is. The 'Clinic' sign by the door gave it away. Sighing in relief, I knocked a couple of times then slowly opened the door. The cold wind from the air condition and the medicine like smell greeted me. Other than that, no one seems to be there to greet me. Frowning slightly, I stepped inside and closed the door.

"Ume-chan? Is that you?" A voice called out.

"Uh...no." I awkwardly replied. Moments later that someone moved the curtains out of the way to look at me. I felt my eyebrow twitch the moment I saw what looked like midget professor's sister wearing a lab coat. Don't tell me this girl is a...

"Oh. You're not Ume-chan." Midget in a lab coat said. I'm actually tempted to say 'duh' here. Kinda fitting really but instead of saying that, I just went with the obvious.

"Unfortunately no, I'm not Ume-chan." Whoever that is.

"Obviously." She smirked and I can't help but narrow my eyes at that. How smart you are sister of midget professor wearing a lab coat. How smart you are.

"So what are you doing here?" She asked. Hearing that made me massage my temples. My head is throbbing like crazy so opted not to attack her with sarcasm. Maybe when the throbbing stops I can do the whole sarcasm attack. But right now...no.

"My head's driving me crazy right now."

"Want some medicine for that?"

Just breathe Mariko. In and out. In and out.

".....yes please." I replied flatly. She nodded her head then walked towards the medicine cabinet. I crossed my arms as I watch her rummaging through the medicine cabinet in search of my medicine.

"I wonder which one it is here..." She mumbled as she scratched her head. Okay hearing that is a bit disturbing but honestly I couldn't care less if she gave me poison right now just to stop this head ache. And yes, I am serious.

"Here it is! Ibuprofen!" She beamed and held out the medicine she found. She looks like a kid who just found penny. With the medicine in her hand, she then walked towards the water dispenser, got a cup of water then walked towards me. That beaming smile of hers didn't disappear as she handed me the medicine and the cup of water.

"Uh...thanks." I gave her a tight smile as I took the items from her. She nodded her head still keeping that smile of hers as she stares at me, as if waiting for me to drink it. Honestly, her looking at me like that...kinda creeps me out. She reminds me of creepy.

"Go on...drink it now so you can feel better." She said showing me her toothy smile. Yup, definitely another creepy. A mini creepy rather. Though seeing her smile like that...she kinda reminds me of a squirrel. I'm dubbing her creepy squirrel then.

Sighing, I decided to indulge her wish and gulped down the medicine together with the water despite the creepy look she's giving me. She looked satisfied a moment later.

"Having a hard time adjusting to college life?" She asked, her beaming smile slowly disappears to be replaced with a normal looking one.

I shrugged at her question as I said, "Not really. I've got no problem adjusting to college life. It's adjusting to people I'm having trouble with." And ain't that the truth. She has no idea the weirdness that I've been encountering since day one. No idea at all.

"Culture shock eh? I get that a lot but it's rare for someone to have it this early. I mean, it's only been what. Two days since the start of the school year right?"

"True. But two days can be a long one for someone especially for someone who just entered college. Everyone doesn't have the same experiences anyway." I replied. It seems like she agrees with what I said as she began nodding her head while her arms were crossed to her chest. Still, I can't help but wonder about the thing she said about getting this kind of situation a lot.

"You've been getting a lot of students having a headache because of culture shock?" I asked as I tilted my head slightly. If a lot of students are getting headaches then maybe culture shock isn't the cause of it. It could be the water. Or it could be because of the meals at the cafeteria. Hmmm. Could be the work of meal lady. I think I'm betting on the latter.

"Some students come to me without the headache. If they have a headache, I'd suggest that they come here first and then if they want they could come back to mine to do some talking."

My eyebrow raised at that.

"Your office? This...isn't your office?"

"What?" She looked confused at my question. Shouldn't I be the one wearing the confused look right now? It took her a few seconds to finally get what I was asking. She laughed as she took off the lab coat revealing her office attire. She still looks like a kid there. Kinda like midget professor. Ugh. Is this midget land or what?

"Oh I'm not the Doctor here. Though I am also a Doctor as I have a MD but this isn't my office. I'm a Psychiatrist and a counselor in this university." She smiled. Somehow hearing that clears the whole 'I don't know what the hell I'm doing here' vibe I felt from her. But still...a Psychiatrist huh. Somehow I can't help but feel wary upon hearing that.

"Sorry about confusing you. The lab coat isn't mine. Its Ume-chan's. I just like wearing them sometimes. Makes me feel like my MD is visible to everyone. Know what I mean?" She grinned and gave me a wink. My raised eyebrow was still intact upon seeing that.

"Uh...no. I don't. Unlike you I don't have a MD. I'm only a freshman here."

"I was speaking figuratively. You're taking what I'm saying too literally." She chuckled. My raised eyebrow was now gone and I was just staring at her blankly. Somehow my blank stare didn't seem to faze her as she kept her smile as she looked at me.

"You're an interesting little lass."

Little? Time for a height check.

"I'm taller than you." I said in a matter of fact way.

"In terms of height? Yes you are. In other things...maybe not so much." Still smiling. While me? My eyebrows furrowed slightly as I stare at her. My walls were completely up and I hate that she somehow sees it. We stare at each other for awhile. It was only then upon really looking at her did I realize that somehow...I think I've seen her somewhere before. Here...but when? I've only been here for three days so...when have I seen this creepy squirrel before?

"I can't believe we're having a stare showdown yet we still don't know each other's name." She chuckled. My eyes slowly made its way to her outstretched hand. She opened her mouth to introduce herself but was immediately cut of when someone knocked and opened the door. The two of us turned towards the newcomer who has her head peeking through the doorway. She immediately let out a sigh of relief upon seeing the creepy squirrel.

"Yuko! There you are! You have a meeting remember?" The unknown woman reminded. I glanced at the creepy squirrel who was now looking at her watch.

"Geez. Is it that time already?"

"Yes. Now hurry up! You'll be late." The woman grumbled, shaking her head. With her message delivered, she closed the door leaving the two of us alone again inside the clinic. Creepy squirrel began t walk towards the door letting out a sigh of defeat mumbling out something. I watch her as she took hold of the door knob, turning it then opening the door slightly. But before she walks out of the room, she turned to me, smiling, showing me her dimpled smile once again.

"You can come to my office so we can chat more, okay?"

"I'll...think about it." Right...like I will. Internally, I'm rolling my eyes here as she nodded her head seemingly happy with my answer. She stares at me for a few more seconds until she finally walked out of the room. She didn't even give me her full name and she expects to visit her? What was it that the hurried lady called her again?

As if reading my thoughts, the door suddenly opened. I blinked back my surprise when she peeked through the doorway.

"Oh yeah. The name is Oshima Yuko. Don't forget, okay? Just ask around where my office is. I'm pretty well known here anyway. I'll be seeing yah!" She beamed, waved her hand and then she's gone. I let out a sigh the moment she's gone then stared blankly at the door. Somehow I have a feeling that she's right. That I'll be seeing her.

Whether I like it or not.

Most of my class were in the afternoon so I decided to go out and have some fresh air rather than going back to the dorm or even go to the library. Yeah, fresh air would be nice right now since that whole encounter with the squirrel gave me the wiggins. Plus fresh air and relaxation is pretty much needed for someone who's not feeling well...so yeah. I'm currently laid down in a grass slope at the park which is pretty much a secluded area thank God. This is actually the first time I'm doing this. I'm not really into this whole lay down on the grass while looking at the clear blue sky thing since well... it is pretty dramatic for my taste especially now that I'm closing my eyes. Yup pretty dramatic for me. Plus the grass are infested with a bunch of crawling bugs. Just that reason alone is just a no for me. But this time...right now...I really don't care. I just needed to get the hell out of crackhouse university even just for a few hours. Bugs can bite me to their hearts content. If they ever have a heart. Why am I even thinking about bugs and their hearts anyway? Ugh. But I have to admit, this whole laying on the grass thing isn't so bad. Kinda relaxing really. Hating the cloud that's covering the sun right now though. Damn cloud.

"Shinoda-san...?" A familiar voice said. Is the cloud calling me? Cause if it is, I swear it sounds so much like my roommate Betty.

"Shinoda-san?" It called me again. Slowly, I opened my eyes and found myself looking at Betty looking down over me, blocking the ray of the sun from my face. Surprised? Not really. Something then caught my eye as I look up at her and with my monotonous voice I pointed it out to her.

"I know that what I'm about to say would be extremely embarrassing for you, definitely would be so uncharacteristic of me to say as well and would only be appropriate to the likes of Miichan but..."

She tilted her head slightly as I pointed at the thing that caught my eye.

"...I can see your panties." And what plain white panties they are. Miichan would be so jealous of me if I told her about. Keyword, IF. It took her a few seconds to react and let out a shriek as she moved away, letting the ray of the sun meet my face again. I sat up and turned to look at her. She had her back at me, crouching down hugging herself. I can see the top of her ears red as a tomato. I wouldn't be surprised if her face would be the same color as well. I wonder how long she'd be cowering like that. Meh, I was nice enough to put a warning before blurting it out for her anyway. Miichan would be proud of me for that. Again, IF I told her about it.

Shrugging, I lay back down on the grass and closed my eyes again, resuming my relaxation. I think it took Betty a minute or two to move and sit beside me. I kept my eyes closed still feeling a bit relaxed even if I felt her eyes on me. My eyebrows furrowed slightly when I hear something that sounds like a plastic disrupting the quietness around us. Curiously, I opened my eyes and blinked back when I came face to face with a plastic covered melon bread.

"Hungry?" Betty suddenly asked. I looked up at her and found her blushing slightly, her eyes avoiding mine as she held out the melon bread.

"I bought two...and if you're hungry...you can have one...." She added. Frowning slightly, I sat up and saw another melon bread on her lap. I hesitantly took the offered melon bread and I swear she almost jumped from the small skin contact we had. My eyebrow arched up at that but decided not to point it out to her cause I'm seriously thinking that I'd kill her from blushing too much. Definitely a possibility if we're talking about Betty here.

"Uh...thanks."

She nodded her head in reply then proceeded to unwrap her own melon bread. I stared at the melon bread that she offered and seriously wondered if this was like her favorite food or something. I glanced at her and found her taking a small bite out of it. She caught me looking at her, but unlike her being evasive self whenever I caught her looking at me, I held my gaze not embarrassed one bit at being caught.

"Wh-what?" She stammered.

"Is this what you eat everyday?" I asked as I looked at the melon bread in my hand, looking at it as if it's the first time I've seen one.

"Th-that's...all I can afford to buy these days." She replied softly as she looked away, embarrassed. I looked at her for awhile, then at the melon bread in my hand.

"Oh." I let out. A few seconds later, without thinking, I offered the bread back to her. Holding it out for her to take back. It surprised her but she covered it up by shaking her head.

"No. P-please you can have that. One is enough for me."

"Then why buy two?" Her eyes widen at my question, blush creeps in across her face and I just looked at her, wondering why she indeed bought two. Her eyes began shifting, lips opening and closing as if she's looking for an answer. She was torn, torn in two. Like she's thinking if she should lie or tell the truth. Looking at her like that, uncharacteristically, I took pity and decided to make it easy for her.

"You sure I can have this?" I asked, her eyes slowly made its way to mine. She wasn't in panic mode anymore. It clearly shows in her eyes and with the way she replied, "Yes" almost instantly. I nodded my head telling her thanks while I looked back at the melon bread and unwrapped it. Taking a bite, it made me realize that I was a bit hungry. I looked at my watch and found that it's almost noon. Lost track of time again huh.

"So um...what are you doing here, Shinoda-san?" She asked, turning to look at me. I shrugged as I took a bite.

"Just having a breather...and waiting for the medicine to take its effect."

"Medicine?" She sounded a bit concerned here. Or maybe I'm just imagining it. I'll go with the latter.

"Had a headache because of...what happened earlier. Went to the clinic and got myself a medicine for it."

"You had a headache because of your friends?"

I sighed and shook my head. Turning to her I found her head slightly to the side looking a bit confused. I decided to let her in on the obvious.

"They're not my friends. I've only met them today." Minus Fang since I met her the other day but she knows that already.

"But they seem...friendly towards you." She reasoned.

"Just because they're acting friendly towards me doesn't mean we're friends. Most people are just being nice towards other people. It's called courtesy, civility."

"So when does it take effect for you? When does it become friendship for you?"

"Acceptance." I said looking her straight in the eyes. Her eyes widen slightly behind that thick rimmed glasses of hers. My eyebrow arched up when her eyes slowly made its way to the ground as she let out a soft, "Oh." Her eyes began to shift, looking like she wanted to say something, ask something. I'll bet on the latter since it was evident to me what it is she wanted to ask me next.

Do I accept her?

But she doesn't ask. She doesn't have enough courage to ask. And honestly, I'm glad. Because I have no idea what my answer would be if she asks me right now. I remember what I told her yesterday, how I needed further observation and well...I meant it.

Uncharacteristically, I meant it.

Sighing, I lay back down on the grass, looking at the sky. My eyes trained at the clouds, moving.

"So what about you? What are you doing here?" I asked as I glanced at her. That seemed to wake her up from her internal battle. Slowly, she turned to me and met my gaze, answering.

"I was going to eat lunch over there at the bench but then...I saw you."

My eyebrow arched up at that.

"You eat your lunch here?"

"Y-yes." She stammered, her eyes away from me now, a slight blush across her cheeks. Regardless of her eyes away, I still kept my gaze on her.

"Why not eat at the cafeteria?"

"I...I don't like...crowded places that much."

"Huh...." Why doesn't that surprise me? She does have that lone aura now that I think about it. But...

"Classrooms can be pretty crowded as well." I pointed out.

"I always stay at the back."

"Even back in High school?" I asked, my head tilted slightly. She glanced at me, shook her head then looked at the ground. With a blush across her cheeks, she embarrassedly said in a soft voice,

"I was...homeschooled...all my life...so..."

Okay now that was totally unexpected. She was...?

"Homeschooled? All your life?" I asked as I sat up, turning to her fully to look at her. She nodded her head, her eyes shifting towards me and to the ground. I stare at her blankly, just looking at her until finally something clicked. With my narrowed eyes, I pointed at her.

"You...you told Miichan about that didn't you?"

She looked at me, taken aback by my question.

"T-told her about what?"

"About the whole home schooling thing." I said, leaning a bit closer. Her eyes widen slightly as she leaned away, still blushing.

"W-well...y-yes."

"I knew it." I said as I let out a snort and leaned away from her. So that's why Miichan is so adamant on saying how special Betty is and that she wants to be her pedophile like friend. And it probably explains a whole lot as to why Betty is so shy and is lacking on the whole self esteem. She was homeschooled all her life. Her parent's sheltering her away from the world. Away from people. Her being odd...this is the main reason for it. Everything...makes sense now.

"Minegishi-san asked me about it and well...I told her. Sh-She began to...tear up and promised me that...she would look out for me from now on."

Yup, that's crazy psycho alright.

"Though what she said was nice...I honestly don't know what she means by that." She added softly, her eyes downcast once again.

"It's actually her way of saying, 'Welcome to the club.'" I shrugged then lay back at the grass. I can feel her eyes on me but I kept my gaze at the sky. We were silent for about a minute until I heard her ask hesitantly, "Am I...really?"

I glanced at her, frowning slightly.

"Are you what?"

"...Welcome." She said softly, her eyes locked on mine. We stared at each other for awhile and I can't help but wonder where this sudden surge of courage coming out of her came from. But then again I remember her reprimanding me that first day we met. So maybe...she does have a bit of a courage in her. The problem is she can never let it stay for long.

"Why ask me? You should ask Miichan that yourself." I said, completely avoiding her question. She stared at me for awhile then looked at the ground, her courage completely deflated. Looks like Miichan has a lot of work to do for Betty right here. First thing that she should do? Take her shopping. Those clothes of her definitely needs to go. That'll probably improve her self-esteem a whole lot.

"Prince!!"

Hearing that made me freeze. Don't tell me that's...

"There you are! And...Haruna-chan is with you."

Freeze again.

"Wow, this looks like a good place to take a nap."

Ugh. Oh God.

With a sigh, I sat up and looked behind. Yup, the three crazies are there disrupting the peace and quiet. I just drank a medicine for the headache so no I don't foresee an impending headache right now. I do foresee many roll eye moments and groaning on my part as they walked towards us.

"Prince! And Princess!" Creepy megaphonic girl exclaimed as she glomped at Betty and me. I tried to shrug her off but she's holding on pretty tight.

"Stop calling me that and get off of me!" I growled. Miichan smirked at my predicament but not before she looked at me pointedly. I'm pretty sure that look she gave me was Betty related. Speaking of Betty, she's just smiling awkwardly at creepy. Huh. Isn't she bothered by the death hug creepy is giving her?

"Aww, don't be like that prince. I have some great proposal for you." She beamed still keeping her hold on me. Snorlax surprised the hell out of me when she wrapped her arm around my shoulder, shaking her head with a grin.

"I'm telling you right now, joining the basketball club would be better than Sae's proposal." She then turned to Haruna, pointing at her.

"Hey, you know you were pretty tall too when I saw you earlier. How about it? Wanna join the basketball club with me and Mariko? Now that I think about it, the four of us are pretty tall. C'mon let's all join the basketball club." She grinned. I narrowed my eyes at her suggestion while Miichan protests.

"Hey! What about me?!"

"You can join too. You can be the point guard!" Snorlax nodded her head at Miichan who squealed in delight and joined the heavy hug fest as she wrapped her arms around Betty who was still wearing an awkward smile.

"Psh. My proposal is far better than being in the basketball club wherein you shoot balls in baskets."

"Why thank you for clarifying on what they do in a basketball club. I will definitely add it to my knowledge." I rolled my eyes. Snorlax smirked at that. Creepy ignored my sarcasm though as she began rocking Betty and me.

"I'm telling you my idea is pretty explosive. Totally gonna blow your minds on how great it is."

"I'm curious yet...no wait scratch that I'm not. False alarm, now get off me!" I tried again but creepy ignored me once again.

"So I'm thinking...let's open a Danso club! Right? Right? It'll be great!"

"Dan...so...?" Betty tilted her head slightly. Creepy turned to her, nodding her head.

"Yes, danso. It's when girl's dress up as guys and be like...a host club or something. Cool isn't it?! Isn't it?!"

"Basketball club is so much better than this." Snorlax said as she sighs and shake her head. I followed suit feeling that she did blow my mind with her idea. She completely blew my mind to the point that I'd want to take up sky diving without a parachute.

Seriously.

TBC

Next: I'm speeding things up a bit for Mariko since I don't want her to commit suicide what with the crazy occurrences happening daily. She might not graduate if that is the case so yeah. Let's speed ahead. Oh yeah, don't let Yuko fool you alright? Her role isn't bad. :) Next one would be Betty meeting Mariko's overly attached sister.  :lol:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 10:05:17 AM by FoF »

Offline RJay

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [MariHaru] Basket Case - (Chapter 5: Uncharacteristically speaking!)
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2012, 11:17:04 PM »
Hehehe. As usual, hilarious!

:luvluv2: A small scene with MariHaru, Haruna blushing every time, aw so cute.

Mariko keeps calling these people weird name; Snorlax, Creepy, Creepy Squirrel... and so on. Lol

Now that you mention it, I've been wondering who's Mariko's overly attached younger sister from the beginning. Hmm...  :dunno: I always forget to ask the question.

I pretty interested if they will have a danso scene. Which club Mariko will choose, the basketball club or Danso club?
Actually Mariko was really good in danso, especially the otokomae slim CM, she looked really cool.  :hee: :on lol:

I can't wait for the next update. Update soon.  :hee:

Offline sakura_drop_

• サクゲキと読んでください | Sakugeki to yonde kudasai~ | Please call me "Sakugeki"
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • YukoRena(Geki) & AtsuYuu shipping all the way! ♥♥♥
Re: [MariHaru] Basket Case - (Chapter 5: Uncharacteristically speaking!)
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 11:55:07 PM »
Yuko-sama! *jumps around happily*

Anyway, this update made me laugh so hard ROFL

I like the nicknames Mariko is giving to people and places

I'll be waiting for another update

And yes, I love crackstories that are well written, like yours in this case
"人間みんな変態だから" - 古川愛李, SKE48 新高柳チームKII 「シアターの女神」千秋楽公演, 2014.04.18 <"Because all people are perverts." - Furukawa Airi, SKE48 New Takayanagi Team KII [Theater no Megami] Last Stage, 2014.04.18>

My Blog: J-Pop and K-Pop Abode   The list of my fics in JPH!P: My fics   Let's have fun here: Acchan48   My home and family: United Nations Society of Adorkable Writers

My KamiOshis: Yuuko-sama, Rena-sama  Oshimen: Yuihime Other favorites: Mirukii, Juri-tan, Ripopo

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cowpers - Waveform of Distortion