JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Furukawa Miki - Chick, Shick Radio

Author Topic: [MariHaru] Basket Case - Under Construction (HPOV Chap3 Posted) 7/20  (Read 128956 times)

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [MariHaru] Basket Case - (Chapter 21: It's all in the lips Part 4!)
« Reply #260 on: July 06, 2013, 07:55:35 AM »
Today is June 20, 2013. A little while ago, after going crazy at FB—my FB friends would probably attest to that lol—because I drank coffee, my tablet beeped telling me I have a mail. Like always, I got up from my chair, went to my bed and grabbed my tab, hoping that I had a message about a new work for me to do. At that time I really really wanted to keep myself busy because I was currently on coffee high. I really wanted to release the excess energy I had. I was even thinking of going out to run just to tire myself out. I tend to be like that sometimes when I drink coffee. :lol:.

So anyway, I checked my mail and found a notification that I have a PM from Jphip. I couldn’t help but grin thinking that it was probably yanouchi-san. (Hope you don’t mind if I share this yanouchi-san.) See, yanouchi-san often PM me in jphip to ask questions about BC. So instantly, I thought that yanouchi-san must have a set of questions regarding BC.

On a side note: I’m actually thankful to yanouchi-san for asking questions to BC since I tend to forget a few things about it. :nervous So in a way, yanouchi-san is sort of reviewing what I’ve written in the past and it’s making me remember things. Lol.

So again with the anyway, reading what she first said; ‘FoF-san, here is some little thank you..and know that you are loved by all of us... so enjoy reading FoF-san,’ made me frown. I was bewildered. I was like, ‘What the…????’ with that may question marks. So wanting to see it clearly since confusion still reigns it’s ugly head in my…own ugly head :lol:, I sat back on my chair and quickly logged in on jphip. And there, I saw it clearly.

Compilations of messages from you guys about what you think about Basket Case.

It was…quite a shock. Still is after reading it for like, 3 times already? :lol: But believe me when I say, when I started reading it, I was shaking and tears were really in my eyes. I believe that wasn’t the coffee that made me shake. Definitely wasn’t the coffee that made me cry. :lol: It’s just…it’s just so sweet of you guys to do that. Got me beaming a whole lot that my cheeks right now hurts. And it’s not even my birthday! What the hell is wrong with you guys?! :bawwwwling: Kidding. :lol: Even when my eyes are red, I’m laughing like a lunatic here. :lol:

Me bawling like a baby aside, I’m very very very times a billion thankful for everything. The support, the comments, the thank yous, the messages, the silent readers, you guys…just about everything. Thank you very very much. Reading such messages from you guys just answered one question that my bestfriend had just suddenly thrown to me just a few months ago. It was a question that made me question my writing for 3 years in this forum.

‘Is writing fanfics for you worth it?’

I honestly don’t know if I answered her. I wouldn’t even be surprised if I answered her negatively at that time since I was feeling tired that day and I just wanted to quit altogether. But if she asks me that now, with eyes a bit red from crying earlier, hands still shaking a bit from the feels, I’d smugly say, ‘Yeah it is. It’s so damn worth it I can’t even describe you how much it feels to me right now.’ That’s how much your messages means to me. Every single sentence despite the heartfelt threats. :lol:

To quote Takamina’s words, ‘Efforts do pay off.’ And I believe this is what my 3 years of writing Akb48 fanfiction effort all comes into. The support and the love is truly overwhelming. Yeah, it’s been 3 years for me. God, I feel old. :nervous

Again, with bold and capital letters that are laced with hearts, rainbows, with a sky as bluest as ever with little fluffy clouds here and there, with the sun shining brightly and unicorns prancing around joyfully while they play the harp—I actually imagined that :nervous—with that all around in the background…

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR READING AND SUPPORTING BASKET CASE AND ANY OTHER FICS I’VE WRITTEN.
Know that you guys are my source of motivation to keep me from hanging on and keep on writing. So another again, a heartfelt thank you.

:kneelbow: :kneelbow: :kneelbow:

It’s funny how it feels like I’m ending BC now. :lol: I wish. :lol: But nah. My ending rant wouldn’t be like this. Just thinking about my ending rant makes me… :nervous  :nervous :nervous

On a side note: You know I’m sort of curious as to what yanouchi-san  said for you guys to write such…detailed review of all your feels to Basket Case. :lol:

---Obviously I wrote that on June 20. Now it’s July. Ah how time flies. :nervous.---

Oh and I will reply to your messages once along with the comments above. But right now, I can’t since I got a few things to finish. One person actually wrote 3 pages of pure rainbow feels and I actually want to reply to that in the same length. :lol: you know who you are and hopefully I can write 3 pages of reply on what you’ve said. ;)

So with me being busy with my new work, this is to compensate my late update of chapter 22. Just a draft I made a while back. People who knows my FoF FB probably read this a while back so…I’m sorry. You guys have to wait for another week or so for chapter 22. :nervous I’ll try to update next week guys. Here’s hoping I can. :) So enjoy this little draft chapter I did. I will most probably edit it and add a few things, but this is the gist of it. Know that this POV will not be shown until Mariko’s POV ends. So I guess this is a sneak peak? I don’t usually do this but I feel a bit bad for not updating again. Don’t mind me and my guilty self right now. :lol:

So, ENJOY!  :)

Basket Case (Haruna POV) (Draft)

Chapter 1: My roommate?

“Thank you for driving me to Akihabara University, Oshima-san.” I said as I turned to look at the person beside me behind the steering wheel. A smile quickly made its way to her lips, her dimples deepened as she kept her eyes on the road. Seeing that, I can’t help myself but smile as well.

“I told you before, it’s no big deal.” She tells me as she glanced at me for a second then turned to look back on the road. “I owe your Grandfather a lot, so this is just a little payback for what he did to me in the past.”

“St-still—”

She turned to face me for a moment, giving me a firm gaze despite the smile on her face. “Like I said; No. Big. Deal. It’s fine Nyan-Nyan.”

Hearing her call me Nyan-Nyan, I looked away from her and let out a sigh. “I…I wish you don’t c-call me that, Oshima-san.”

“And I wish you don’t call me that as well.” Was her quick reply. “But we can’t have everything we want now, right Nyan-Nyan?”

I hesitantly glanced at her, not surprised when I saw her grinning behind the steering wheel, eyes glinting with mischief. Seeing her like that, I can’t help but let out another soft sigh, my eyes slowly making its way to hands that were on my lap. It wasn’t that I didn’t like what she calls me. It just that…when she calls me that, it feels like she’s making fun of me. And somehow, I was right as she spoke up once again, causing me to look back at her.

“Like I said a while back; you remind me of a cat, so calling you Nyan-Nyan seems fitting.”

“I d-don’t get how I remind you of a cat.” I mumbled, frowning a little. I watch her as she glanced at me for a second then looked ahead, chuckling.

“Well for one thing, you’re cute as a cat especially when you’re pouting like that.”

“I…I don’t think c-cats pout.” I mumbled before biting my lower lip just so I could stop myself from pouting like she said I was doing.

“Well, you’re a special cat then since you can.” She replied after she chuckled some more. Letting out another sigh, I turned my head towards the window to quietly watch the scenery pass by. Somehow, looking out the window made me think back on my Grandfather, how he looked worried for me as we stood by the porch, saying our goodbyes. A part of me could tell that he didn’t want me to go. That he wanted me to stay. I can’t blame him because there’s a part of me that feels the same way.

I didn’t want to go.

I clenched my fist tight, frowning at the window as I silently berate myself from being a coward. As much as I didn’t want to go, I have to will myself to go because…I have to. This is…this is for my future as well. I can’t just stay at home all my life and do nothing. That isn’t what I want. I want to be somebody. I want to be able to interact to other people normally. I want to have lots of friends. Hopefully, people who are close to my age. And if I’m lucky enough and they would come to like me, maybe we can turn out to be friends. Maybe even best friends. Or maybe, as time goes by, maybe it can turn out to be something more than that. Something more than being friends and best friends.

Something like……?

With an ironic smile on my lips, I pushed my glasses up the bridge of my nose, thinking how absurd that thought was. Who am I kidding? Like someone would like me like that. I mean, look at me. I’m just…plain and boring. I don’t even know how to take care of myself like most girls my age do. I have a somewhat frizzy hair. I don’t wear make-up. I wear thick rimmed glasses. My clothes are completely outdated and…apparently to Oshima-san, I look like a cat. Though she said it’s cute, but still…I’m a mess. A complete mess. So…who would ever want to be my friend? Much more, to be with me?

Who would even dare to fall in love with a mess like me?

No one. I’m sure.

“A thousand yen for your thoughts.” Oshima-san says. Glancing at her, I found her to be doing the same, that familiar playful grin on her lips. “Whatever you’re thinking, stop. You’ll be fine. I’m sure of it.” She assures me, causing me to turn to her fully.

“Y-You can tell what I was th-thinking?” I asked feeling a bit amazed. I know Oshima-san is a Psychiatrist, but can a Psychiatrist easily read people’s minds? Is it really that easy for them to tell what it is that one person is thinking?

Probably noticing the confusion on my face, Oshima-san let out a soft chuckle while she covers her lips a little with the back of her hand. “I may be a Psychiatrist, but I’m not a mind reader. Given your situation, it’s not that hard to guess what’s inside your head. You really don’t need to be a Psychiatrist to be able to see or tell what you feel.” She tells me as she glanced at me for a second.

I pursed my lips and turned to look away from her, hands clutching my oversized skirt. “W-well, given my situation, I guess…it can’t be helped that I…that I’m nervous about going to c-college.”

“True. But you really shouldn’t worry much. I mean, you’ll be fine.”

I glanced at her through the corner of my eye, biting my lip as I do so. I wasn’t surprised to find her smiling, looking ahead as she drives.

“Just be yourself and you’ll be fine.” She added with a nod, glancing at me for a second before looking back ahead. My eyes made its way back to my hands that was clutching my skirt. A moment later, I let out a sigh as I turned to look out the window. Just be myself…but…that’s my main problem. Given how I am and how I look…

…I don’t think people will like me for being me.

“Here we are.” Oshima-san says as she placed a box on the table. Ignoring the whisper from behind as a two women passed by the room, I walked inside the room with my suitcase on tow.

“Y-you didn’t have to help me and c-come up, Oshima-san.” I tell her as stood in the middle of the room, watching her as she pulls out my things from the box and place them on the table. Feeling embarrassed at what she’s doing, I took a step forward, trying to stop her. “Um…I…I can do that myself. Y-you don’t need to—“

“Nyan-Nyan, you should close the door.” She tells me without looking as she continues to pull out my stuff from the box. I stood there for a while, just watching her mumble amongst herself as she looks confusedly at the picture of St. Francis of Assisi, one of my favorite Saints. She looks at it for a moment then turned her confused gaze towards me. I quickly looked away, my face burning at her gaze.

I know…I’m weird.

Biting my lower lip, I decided to follow her order as I walked towards the opened door without a word. Halfway through the door, I see two girls looking at me. I instantly froze as their eyes sized me up, scrutinizing me with their amused gaze that traveled from my head to toe. I watch feeling torn as a smirk formed unto their lips as their eyes once again reached mine. As if their smirks weren’t enough to torment me, one of them let out a biting chuckle as she pulled her companion away while her eyes continue to lock into mine for a second, silently mocking me with her gaze. I clenched my jaw tight as my eyes slowly made its way to the floor, my eyes burning to let out the tears that had formed in my eyes.

I know…I’m weird.

“Seriously Nyan-Nyan…” I hear Oshima-san groan, causing me to wake up from my musings. “…How many pictures of Saints have you got in here?”

Wiping the little tear that had fallen from my eyes, I slowly closed the door and walked back towards her. She turned to look at me, hand on her waist as she gives me a stern gaze. It was only for a second though as her stern gaze was quickly replaced by concern. Her hands slowly slides down to rest on her side as she took a step forward.

“Are you…okay, Nyan-Nyan?” She asks as she frowns. Despite the pain inside me, I gave her a smile, trying to somehow convince her that everything is fine.

Even though…it’s not.

“I-I’m fine. Just…I guess I’m just g-getting nervous again.” Was my half-truth, half lie answer. I try to keep my smile in place as she looked at me for a moment, looking like she’s trying to determine if I’m lying or not. My right hand—that was on my side—subtly took hold of my skirt as I nervously wait for her reply. And when she did, I can’t help but let out a sigh of relief, thankful that she somewhat believes me. Yes, somewhat as I think a larger part of her doesn’t believe me. It was obvious by her forced smile she was showing me.

“Don’t worry about it too much. Again, you’ll be fine. Have faith.”

“Y-yes. You’re right.” I replied as I lowered my head, eyes downcast to the floor.

“But then again, I actually don’t need to tell you to have faith. I mean, just having all these just…screams the word faith.” She says with a chuckle. Keeping my gaze on the floor, I notice her turn back to look at the things she placed on the table. Glancing at her, I noticed her looking confusedly at the Bible on her hand while her other hand scratches the back of her head. A genuine smile graced my lips upon seeing it. Somehow, despite how embarrassing it is for her to help me with these stuff, I’m glad Oshima-san is here with me. Despite our age differences, I’m glad I have at least one person whom I could call as a friend. Maybe just having one friend is enough for me.

Surely, I don’t need lots of friends, right?

My pleadings for her to stop unpacking my stuff went unheard to Oshima-san as she continuously pull out most of my stuff out of the boxes I brought. I felt embarrassed that she’s helping me when it felt like she had done enough by driving me here. However, she was persistent, telling me that it was fine and that she doesn’t have any other things planned for the rest of the day. I almost believed her and decided to just let her help. But then her phone rang suddenly and without thinking, she picked it up and answered it. Words like ‘later’ ‘okay’ ‘I’ll be there in a while’ could be heard as Oshima-san growled at the receiver. After a moment of talking, a sigh left her lips as she closed her phone. She turned to after that and gave me an apologetic smile. Seeing her look at me like that, I instantly knew what it is she’s trying to tell me. With a smile, I shook my head and told her,

“It’s okay. I-I can manage this by myself.”

Another sigh once again escaped her lips as she walked towards me. She stood in front of me for a moment until she placed a hand on my shoulder, squeezing it gently as she smiled at me.

“You’ll be fine okay? Just remember to just be yourself.” She tells me softly. I could only stare at her dumbfounded as her other hand made its way to my other shoulder. “Don’t mind what other people may think about you. You are who you are and that itself is amazing. Believe me.”

And as she looked at me with a soft, sincere smile on her face, I did believe her. I know she can see that as I see her dimples deepened as she smiled widely at me. Oshima-san is right. I am what I am and I shouldn’t let what other people think get me down. Besides, I’m sure there are nice people around here as well that aren’t judgmental.

Hopefully, my roommate would be one.

After assuring Oshima-san that I’ll be fine and thanking her non-stop, she finally bid farewell, waving her hand excitedly as she gave me a smile. I waved back, giving her a smile as well as I promised to come visit her in the Psychology Department once I’ve settled down. Her smile beamed at that, telling me that she’ll expect me to visit her soon then as she pointed at me and gave me a wink. Nodding my head in reply, I watch her as she gave me a nod then slowly closed the door, leaving me with my things scattered around. I turned to look at the mess that Oshima-san and I had created, keeping the smile on my face. I hope my roommate would get here after I tidied things up. That way, I can help her with her things as well. I believe that being nice to people and being helpful would make them warm up to you. I hope with that thought, my roommate would warm up to me then because if there’s one person that I hope would be my friend…

…it’s definitely my roommate.

My smile widened at the thought of being friends with my roommate that somehow the negativity I felt earlier just vanished. I continue to work with a smile on my face until finally, I walked inside the bathroom to place my things. I stiffened as the door suddenly shut close, surprising me. I quickly turned to look at the door, clutching my toiletries nervously.

Was that…perhaps the wind or…

“No way.” I mumbled as I shook my head, trying to wave off the unnecessary and ridiculous thoughts in my head. Letting out a sigh, I placed my things inside the cupboard before washing my hands as I felt it a bit sticky. After washing and closing the faucet, I hear a creak coming from outside the bathroom door. Muffled voices soon follows causing my heart to skip a beat.

She’s…she’s here already…?

I hear a groan from the outside causing me to turn my head to look at the closed door. A hand made its way to my chest to feel my heart pounding. This…this is it. She’s here and…I’m here at the bathroom, hiding. I should……but…but what if she doesn’t……?

No, I shouldn’t think such things. If I think badly of her before I even met her, then doesn’t that make me judgmental as well?

Thinking that, I took a deep breath and released it slowly as I closed my eyes, trying to calm my pounding heart. I bit my lower lip and willed myself to walk towards the door. Taking hold of the door knob, I took another breath and thought of what Oshima-san said.

‘Don’t mind what other people may think about you.’

With that continuously running through my mind, I finally had the courage to turn the door knob and pull the door opened. Silence follows as I stepped out of the bathroom.

“Oh, hello.” Was my greeting as I looked at the girl with long, jet black, straight hair then at the person next to her.

The woman next to her was…sh-she was…

I felt my heart beat tripled, my face feels flushed as I continue to look at the tall woman who was looking at me blankly, expectantly. Her piercing stare had left me frozen and oddly enough had left me breathless. At that moment, I once again heard Oshima-san’s voice, telling me further.

‘You are who you are and that itself is amazing. Believe me.’

I believed Oshima-san, but as I continue to stare at this woman with short chestnut brown hair in front of me the conviction I felt earlier started to falter. I am who I am, but looking at this woman, somehow I had a feeling that with her presence, I would constantly question who I am in the future. At that time, at that moment that maybe only lasted for a few seconds, I silently wished that this beautiful woman in front of me…

…isn’t my roommate.

TBC

Short I know. But in my defense, it is a sneak peak.   :nervous Ohhhh. A little spoiler on the top. :lol:

Next Up: Chapter 22 of Mariko's POV! I'm actually thinking of combining two chapters since I'm a bit late. Let's see if I can pull that off. See you guys hopefully next week! :)

Offline chichay12

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsumina for life....
Re: [MariHaru] Basket Case - (Sneak Peak: Haruna's POV Chapter 1 (Draft))
« Reply #261 on: July 06, 2013, 08:38:32 AM »
FOF~!!!!
i know i read it before...
but but OMG
im still squeling like crazy here...
i hope my mom won't hear me XD
i cant wait till next week...
thank you for this :on gay:

Offline yanouchi

• MariHaru Love Hunter!!
  • Member+
  • ( *`ω´)人(бвб)
« Reply #262 on: July 06, 2013, 10:45:43 AM »
Yeah update! This time its Haruna's POV? even just a draft just makes me doki-doki feeling right now....

edit: Owh Haruna just so sweet and kind thinking she would help
her new roommate with her things...she really want to make friends..
Reading this makes me smiling along with the aww sound XD,
she just so sweet!

So Yuko know Haruna's grandpa? so she probably get along with him...
Aaah Mariko would try harder for this one XD, win grandpa's heart or
he will always mention about Yuko in front of Mariko XD "Yuko always do this....., do that"

edit: in chapter 21 Mariko reveal her forehead so i make gif for that...she got nice forehead btw XD

woah so many "yanouchi-san" there FoF-san.... :lol:, *i wanna hide* XD 

p.s: its a secret FoF-san  :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 04:23:24 AM by yanouchi »

Offline heomagic

« Reply #263 on: July 06, 2013, 11:28:57 AM »
Awwww... Haruna POV... FOF-san, you don't know how much it mean for me now, I really really love it (if any word may describe more than the word 'love', please let me know since my English is poor). I really really thanks you for your Basket Case, maybe you don't believe it but it is, really, important to me, like being something in my life now. I have no idea who told you what to make you smiled and cried, and smiled back, but I do appreciate those one as they made you have motivation to continue this amazing fic (and any others that you wrote). I just want you to know that, since I can't show much of my feeling in writing, I am really grateful for everything you did and I will always be here, waiting and supporting for you all the time. Thanks again for everything.

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #264 on: July 06, 2013, 11:51:07 AM »
Adajsdsakafahakasfsjsjssjakafahahajakafaha YOU'RE BACK QAQ *creys buckets of tears*

Hehehe, seriously I thought you gave this fic up *wipes tears* but I keep on hoping you won't, so I'm really grateful to see this update TwT

Comment later, tablet browser being shitty

OHHHHH, So Yuuko has always been Haruna's acquaintance. No wonder they seemed very close hehe.
And then Haruna's insecurity... I sorta feel that a lot but thankfully I have Mariko's apathetic side so I don't have the same problem as her  :lol:
SO! Haruna.... fell in love at the first sight with Mariko  :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:
BUT BUT BUT Y U NO WANT HER AS ROOMMATE  :panic:

Anyway, once again THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH for this update. I always believe that 'patience will pay off' when it comes to your fics hehehe.  :wub:

PS. You made me feel like re-reading BC from chapter 1 again, therefore I'm updating my offline file of BC for my usual before-sleep reading  XD
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 06:29:57 PM by Yuki88 »
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline LukeMatsuda

« Reply #265 on: July 06, 2013, 08:57:33 PM »
MY GOD!! YOU BACK!

Do not worry we all go through difficult problems, so be welcome back! おかえり!

These looks entity Mariko and Haruna are driving me crazy, please leave them for a date soon. おねがい!  :bow:

Excuse me but I had to say it, but I want you to ignore and continue their great work. Fof-san you can really move the feelings of a person who is going through tribulations interior (both sentimental, loving and intellectual) and I really like it, like suspense at times, to make your readers more interested in his work.

Wait a minute! Now you will repeat the whole story from the point of view of Haruna? You're crazy! :panic: But actually I was wondering about her side of what goes on in her head especially when she will sing in church. :?

Well once again be welcome back and I'm really looking forward to the continuation of this story. And congratulations you really know I'm really stuck writing the plot of this fanfic.  :twothumbs

And remember Mariko-sama is and always will be Mariko-sama! We will support her wherever she is.  :theking

Please continue  :thumbsup

Offline theblueknight

• Theblueknight a.k.a oneyugigirl fan of Hatsune Miku/HANDMC/AKB48 and Im IN LOVE with Shinoda Mariko mi linda esposa(waifu) <3
  • Member+
  • love knows no gender
« Reply #266 on: July 06, 2013, 09:50:30 PM »
yanouchi is something else huh? in a good way  :) im glad you like the surprise im glad I participated in this surprise for you I wasent so sure about it since its hard for me to put things into words  :oops: but since you say you like it then im happy then this is the first time I ever done anything like that  :) as for you haruna P.O.V I gotta say its what I was hoping you would do so im happy with it :) now member go in your own pace okay? and drink lots of fluids and no I don't mean drink lots of coffee  :P and eats well and rest well okay :) ill be waiting  ;)
Spanish original name es mary es mi amor por leo dan:
Mari(mariko)es mi amor, solo con ella
vivo la felicidad yo se que nunca a nadie
mas podria amar, por que la quiero de
verdad por eso mary por favor dame tu
mano continuemos siempre asi
despues de todo que mas te puedo
pedir si soy feliz...muy feliz.
Si un dia me faltas tu que
Dios me ayude a morir ya que
no volvera a hacer en esta vida feliz
sin ti mari...sin ti mari...si estoy
viviendo por ti... 
--------<@
English ver dow originally name mary is my love by leo dan :
My love is Mari, just with her
I live in happiness
I know I will never again
fall in love with nobody, because I
feel a true love Because of that,
Mari, give me your hand we'll
forever continue this way After all,
what can I ask you more if I am happy...
very happy If one day I will miss you,
God help me to die ,
without you Mari...
If i live my life for you...  -----------<@

Offline kahem

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #267 on: July 07, 2013, 11:41:59 PM »
Finally we are able to know what is inside Kojiharu's mind hihi

Offline RJay

• AtsuMina & MariHaru FOR LIFE!!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Don't give up! Keep moving forward!
« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2013, 12:13:53 AM »
OH! Haruna's POV!!!

Haruna already knew Yuko before college. I thought they knew each other in college. :? Oh well...
Obviously, Haruna was nervous since she was homeschooled all her life and thought that everyone thought that she was weird and all.

First time meeting Mariko, Haruna thought that she was beautiful but she didn't want her as her roommate? Why?!

Sorry for the late reply, was looking for a part-time job during the summer. :P

Thanks for the little draft. Please update the real chapter soon and chapter 22 for Mariko's POV. :) :lol: XD

Will be waiting till the day comes. XD
I'll say "I love you" to the person I love
Even if these feelings aren't returned, saying "I love you" to the person you love
That is the most beautiful thing in the world

Offline Sara-chan

• Hentairin is my Goddess
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I dont Speak english very well sorry :'C
« Reply #269 on: July 08, 2013, 06:04:57 AM »
Today I edited this

Thanks for giving us a wonderful story, you are the best  :kneelbow:

Offline michiyo48

• Member+
  • I give thanks to all great writers! <3
« Reply #270 on: July 11, 2013, 04:01:18 PM »
I thought it was an updated of the next chapter but apparently its not :D

Well well well its okay!!! Since you have given us this Haruna's POV whooa I am so glad! ㅅㅇㅅ

Bitter sweet feeling when I read it... Dont ask me why? I dont even know why ( ; __ ;) maybe I'm overacting? :/ I wonder...

Yuko and Haruna have been knowing each other :/ uhm what is their relationship?

It must be tough for Haruna to live far away from her home, but its for her own dream and future :') cant believe I'll enter college next year just like Haruna lol *no one needs to know it tho. -_-

So, when I read Haruna's feeling, she is normal, I think, not weird... But maybe she is not fashionable :D maybe that what makes her weird..

And hooaa I'm shocked.. Why she doesnt want Mariko to be her roommate? Yes Haruna is weird for thinking like this! >3< sorry Haruna! XD uh I think I know why she thought that way... Maybe she was afraid she would be fallen for Mariko?

Eto.. And I'm so happy for Fof-san.. Yeay! She is not giving up! Please keep writing! Never listen to those people who told you to stop writing! You are a great writer, Fof-son! Please keep writing for us, your fans! I love you so much! (:  <3

Thank you so much for giving us this Haruna's POV.. And I cant wait for the next update! ;)
Kanon is so cute, but she's only mine! 0.o I mean my sister! ;)
I love SaeYuki, AtsuMina, JuriMayu, and MariHaru :P

You can read my first and only fanfic: What's Wrong With Love? (JuriMayu) - http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=38049.msg1294928#msg1294928

Offline KojiYuu44

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #271 on: July 11, 2013, 06:46:50 PM »
ahhh just realized i haven't said what i wanted
finally... we finally get to know what Haruna have been thinking all this time
im so happy you are putting in the extra effort to write Haruna's POV
Haruna and Yuko are clearly close
why didn't she want Mariko as a roomate tho??

Offline heomagic

« Reply #272 on: July 16, 2013, 10:47:51 AM »
FoF-san... :(

I think you are going through the hard time again, since Mariko-sama gonna graduate soon (about one more week from now huh)  :( :( :(. Just... stay strong and face it with us, ok? :)2 At least that what she want and we will still love her and support her, right?  :yep: So take care, ok? I will always be here, waiting for you to come back (with your amazing fic, too)  :P

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [MariHaru] Basket Case - (Chapter 22: Liar Liar Seashore's on Fire!)
« Reply #273 on: August 24, 2013, 07:46:30 PM »
AN: Hey guys. How's everybody doing these days? You guys alright? Great! Good, I'm talking to myself.  :lol:
Anyway, I just finished this, FINALLY! This is the only chapter that had so many revisions that it really wasn't funny anymore.  :cry:
Despite the revisions, I have yet to proofread this thoroughly so... :nervous
I've actually wrote 'It's all in the lips part5' but didn't like it so I decided to write the next chapter after that and just combine the part 5 to the new one. So yes, it's a combined chapter.
There are a few things that might confuse you, particularly about what happened in their meeting, but rest assure I will tackle them on the next chap.
I seriously don't know if I'm really making any sense to the story anymore, so please bear with it until I...do something about it. Like read everything in one seating.  :nervous
If I make any changes to the story, I will inform you guys about it. Minor changes, no.  :lol:
I'll bump this thread in a little while for my apologies, rants and of course replies.  :)

So after that incoherent rant, I warn:
This is fiction. If I ever offend someone, please feel free to tell me.  :)

Note: italicize letters are flashbacks.  :)
Thanks and enjoy! Talk to you guys later! :)

many thanks to yanouchi and crazywota for the poster

Chapter 22: Liar Liar Seashore’s on Fire!

I wonder, did your parents ever told you not to lie?

Stupid question right? I mean, of course your parents did teach you that. They probably said something like you shouldn’t lie and just be a good little girl or else the lying fairy would snatch you under your bed, take your soul and eat your heart out.

I know right? Weird tale. I mean, what the hell does a lying fairy look like? Is she like a rip off of the tooth fairy or something? And taking someone soul and eating their heart out? Seriously? Tch. That is just some whacked up tale.

Anyway, useless questions aside, that fucked up tale is courtesy of Crazy Psycho by the way. That’s actually what Miichan’s nanny told her when she was a kid. She told me about it one time when we were hanging out at my house back then. I seriously don’t know how our conversation turned to that, so don’t ask.

So anyway, it turns out it scared the shit out of the little Psycho and she really didn’t tell a lie after that. So when she saw her nanny doing naughty things to their driver in their garage, she instantly told her dad about it. An hour later, those two were instantly fired, banned from the Psycho mannor. Tsk. Such a sad tale for her nanny huh. I mean, there she was just trying to make the little Psycho a good citizen then it backfired for her. Tch. Pity.

What about me? What did my parents taught me about lying?

Well the usual. Don’t lie, it’s wrong. So I followed them. Now that I think about it, it sort of backfired to them as well. I think I remember being too honest to the people around me. I mean, I told my mom she looked fat in her dress, told my dad how his feet stinks and surprisingly told the mail man how I thought that he’s a werewolf what with how hairy he is and all. Oh and add the fact that I told him he looks dirty and that he’ll never get a wife with how hairy he is, it made him cry you know. I’m not fully at fault there for making him cry mind you. Turns out he just broke up with his girlfriend at that time and that that was what his girlfriend said to him before she left him. Yeah, dad actually went to his house to apologize for the things I’ve said after the mailman failed to deliver our mail for at least a week. That didn’t stop me from being honest and blunt though when I was a child. I’ve had a few victims, but it wasn’t until when I told my grandma she smells like soil all the time did they taught me that there is another type of lie that was basically created to make people somehow feel better. 

Yes, white lies.

I wonder though, what’s your take about white lies?

I mean, based on my parents it was created to make people somehow feel better. To protect them from getting hurt. Lots of people do this right? If they ask you something that they’re insecure about, regardless of the fact that you may think otherwise, you lie for them. Because you care for their feelings right?

But a lie is still a lie.

What would happen is they found out the truth? Obviously they’d get hurt. The truth really does hurt you know. Unless of course you're apathetic like am. But going back, is it okay to do that then? Is it okay to tell white lies?

…Especially to someone who's very special to you?

---

“How many minutes is that now?” I hear Snorlax ask as she stood in front of me. Confused at this question of hers, I raised my head to look at her. I couldn’t help but frown instantly as I see her eyebrow arched up and her arms crossed over her chest as she looks at Miichan who was currently looking at her watch.

“About…3 minutes.” The Psycho says with a look of concentration across her face.

“2 more minutes and you owe me—oh.” A look of surprise crosses her face the moment she looks up to look at me. After blinking a few times, she narrowed her eyes as she gazed at my confused stare. A sigh escapes her lips.

“You couldn’t wait for another two minutes to come back from wherever you are? Now I owe Sayaka 5000 yen.” She tells me flatly as she crossed her arms over her chest, wearing a scowl.

Imitating her crossed arms, I asked, “What the hell are you two doing now?” as I raised my eyebrow.

“Oh you know, the usual.” Snorlax says with a shrug as she grins at me. “Making a bet on how much time it would take for you to wake up from your rainbow filled world of Haruna.”

Okay so a glare is highly appropriate for times like this, right? I mean, it’s my usual response to teasing’s such as this. So I did. I glared. But much like most days, people like her—the crazy type I mean—doesn’t seem to be fazed by my glare. Nah. Right now, her grin just widened as I glared at her. Hmm. Now that I think about it, that’s pretty much usual when it comes to this person. It’s like, it gives her immense pleasure to see me irritable. I wonder though what she’d do or say if I give her a smile instead.

Hmmm.

“Uh…wh-why are you suddenly smiling at me?” She says as she gives me a weirded out look, her eyebrow raised. She points her finger at me as she added, “You look nice and all but…it’s really creeping me out. Seriously.”

So that’s how she’d react. Huh. Oh and yeah, I did change my heated glare into a flowery and hearty smile. And yeah, as much as that description seemed a bit on the druggie side—especially if you add some unicorns and rainbows on the background when I smiled—despite all that, just go along with it. Fucked up, I know.

“Now that Sayaka mentions it, it does have that serial killer vibe to it.” Miichan says as she nods obviously agreeing to Snorlax. I notice that the corner of her lips were twitching a bit like she’s trying to not to smile or laugh. Seeing that, yeah I said bye bye to my flowery and hearty smile and welcomed back scowling Scrooge face. I internally said that mind you. Just so you know.  Anyway, seriously, I don’t get these people. If I scowl, they find it funny. If I smile, they’ll be weirded out. Do normal people react as such? I mean, I wouldn’t know since I’m always surrounded by not so normal people you know.   

“Whatever.” I let out a sigh before rolling my eyes and waving my hand dismissively. “Can we just go now to wherever it is we’re supposed to go? We’re wasting time here.”

“Says the girl who just wasted 3 minutes sitting on the railing just staring at the ground with a small smile on her face.” Psycho says with a smirk that caused me to roll my eyes once again. That’s two now. Ugh. Why do I have a feeling that I’m going to roll my eyes quite a lot today? 

“Which reminds me, what was that about, eh Scrooge?” She added, stepping on my personal space and began nudging my arm with her elbow as she wears a sickening grin across her face. Again with a groan of ugh.

“Whatever Psycho.” I pushed her away from me. “I wasn’t smiling. Nice try.”

A snicker escaped her lips before she pulled out her phone from her pocket. I watch in confusion as she apparently looks for something in her phone. Upon finding it, the smile on her lips turned into a grin as she held out her phone for me to see…a…a picture of me doing exactly what she said I was doing earlier.

The hell?!

“Well the picture I took of you just a little while ago says otherwise. See?” She says before turning to look at the picture herself. “You actually look like you’re waiting for your lover. It’s cute.”

Cute? Ugh.

Snorlax took hold of Miichan’s wrist and turned her hand towards her to see the picture. “Have to agree on Miichan there. It is pretty cute. Scrooge has a cute side when she’s thinking about Haruna.” She teased, causing me to flinch. The flinching is for the word cute. Yeah I do seem to have a bit of a problem when someone is saying that to me. Why you ask? Well it’s just that mostly when someone say that to me, it feels like they’re just teasing me or something. Kinda like what is happening now with these two knuckleheads saying it to me. It feels like they’re ridiculing me.

What about the other thing that Snorlax said? About me thinking about Haruna?

Yeah well, she hit the nail on that one. I’m not going to deny that. I was thinking about her. How could I not when what happened three days ago still pops in my mind every now and then? Okay so a little white lie there. It’s not every now and then but mostly always. But you really can’t blame me for thinking about that always you know. If it happened to you, I doubt you’d forget about it so easily.

I mean, isn’t that always the case when it comes to your firsts with someone you like?

“You should give a copy to Haruna so she’d print it and keep it in her wallet or something SINCE SHE STILL DOESN’T HAVE A PHONE!” Snorlax added, giving me a pointed look at the bold and capitalized letters that she just loudly exclaimed. Internally, I was flinching. On the outside, I’m all meh as I kept my bored look on her. About Haruna’s lack of cellphone…

“Now that you mentioned that…” Miichan started. Her head tilted slightly to the side. Her index finger softly tapping her chin looking to be in thought with her eyes up. “…you know I offered her back then to buy her a phone as a gift, but she turned it down saying that she doesn’t need it and that she doesn’t want to abuse my kindness or something like that.”

The corner of lips tugged up slightly as I looked at the ground. Heh. Somehow I’m not surprised about that. That does sound like what Haruna would say if she was given something like that. Such a goody-goody.

“But given her situation now—with her having a girlfriend and all—I’m pretty sure she’d like to have one…” I hear her smirk. I let out a soft sigh and turned to look at her, not surprised to see her wearing a playful look. “…especially if she misses you as much as you miss her right now.” And cue wiggling eyebrows. Ugh.

“That’s why giving her a phone would be the best gift from you, you know.” Snorlax says as she suddenly wrapped her arms over my shoulder and pulled me towards her, grinning. Not really liking this whole touchy feely thing that the Pokemon is doing, I shrugged her arms off and stepped away, giving her a look. Yeah like always, she just chuckled at my gaze. Again with the ugh.

Unsurprisingly, the Psycho agrees as she says, “Sayaka’s right you know. If it’s from you I don’t think she’d say no,” as she nods her head. “Especially if you add something like going down on one knee while opening the box of the cellphone and be like, ‘Haruna, would you give me the honor of being the first to ask you if I could give you a cellphone as a token of my Scrooged love for you?’ And she’d be like, ‘Oh Mariko.’” She says as she placed the back of her hand on her forehead dramatically.

“’Yes. Yes. My ever so pure and innocent love accepts your Scrooged, cold and ever so evil  heart, my love. With this, I shall message you and call you every second until the battery dies out and I charge it again.’” She wheezed out melodramatically with hand gestures as if acting out a crackhouse play for the druggies. She also began giving me a sickening gaze which she probably thought would be a loving gaze or something creepy like. Sayaka finds it extremely funny though as she began clutching her stomach, bending forward and backward while she lets out this monstrous laugh. I on the other hand just looked blankly at the two laughing in front of me.

Despite how insanely that whole fucked up performance Miichan did, instead of feeling this indescribable feeling that goes way beyond being weirded out, I just stood there, stunned and petrified. A portion of what Miichan said just continues to play out over and over again inside my head. What was it, you ask?

That Haruna’s ever so pure and innocent LOVE accepts my Scrooged cold heart.

That L word…is that…am…I…?

“—buy a phone. So I think giving Haruna-chan a printed copy of this picture would suffice for now.” I hear Miichan say, breaking my musings. Turning to her, I frowned as she grins at her phone.

What and what now?

“She can place it in her wallet or better yet, in her Bible for safe keeping.” Snorlax chuckled causing me to narrow my eyes especially when a roar of laughter from Psycho resonated throughout the campus. Here we go again. Tch.

“Maybe if Haruna-chan placed it there, it would help Mariko’s attitude problem here.”

Okay so my eyebrow twitched at that. I mean, attitude problem?! Me?! Tch. Puh-lease.

Glaring at the two, I took a step forward holding out my hand. “Uh, how about no and just give me that so I could rip your phone apart.” I growled causing them to stop their annoying chuckles. Alarmingly, they took a stepped back simultaneously. Snorlax held up her hand in a halting gesture as I took another step forward still glaring at them.

“Ah-Ah. Remember, I know Aikido.” She says as she points at herself wearing a smug smile. I rolled my eyes at that trivial information.

“And I know how to read and write. Big fucking deal.” I grunted as I once again moved towards them. Snorlax quickly took hold of my shoulders, preventing me from going further towards Miichan who let out a shriek and quickly hid behind the other. I struggled for a while, grumbling every now and then as I try to reach the amused looking Psycho who began taunting me as she stuck out her tongue. She’s also singing that fucked up taunting song that 5 year old sings when they’re trying to irritate their enemies. You know, that song that has only ‘nah’ as its lyrics. Coupled with the whole caveman like dance and yeah…idiot. But I have to say, it is working since it is irritating the hell out of me. If only this Pokemon let go of me I could reach her and rip her and her phone apart. Yeah, apparently it’s not just about her phone anymore.

“Did we just stepped into a loophole wherein young adults attending college turned into a bunch of toddlers?” A familiar voice suddenly comes out of nowhere causing the three of us to halt our movements. Turning towards the voice, a frown made its way to my face as I looked at the bored looking Fang together with Whitey who gives us a smile and a small wave of hand to greet us.

The hell is Fang doing here?

She pointed her manicured finger at us as she gives us a look. “Seriously, maybe you should take that up in the playground children. Where you belong.”

“I guess we could take this to the playground as you’ve suggested. But then I guess we need a babysitter since we’re still children and all according to you.” Miichan replies as she moved away from Snorlax. Turning fully to Fang, she added, “I hear Takamina has done an exceptional job being a babysitter. You think she could reprise her old role and babysit us children?” with a grin coupled with her usual eyebrow wiggle.

Well excuse me if I find that funny enough to let out a snort. Snorlax find it funny as well. Or maybe she finds everything funny. Huh. Whatever. Anyway, the murderous glare being aimed at me and the other two beside me from Fang seems pretty much justified. Meh, she was the one who placed herself in that situation anyway. But you know, I do feel a bit weirded out that Miichan here can be quite a smartass when it comes to Fang though. And they say Fang and I are like twins. Psh. Right. Like I’ll let Crazy Psycho outsmart me like that.

Fang opened her mouth to retort back, but unfortunately Whitey decided to intervene as she stepped forward, smiling shyly. “Hey guys. Sorry for making you wait.”

“Nah, don’t be sorry.” Snorlax says before tightening her hold on me which I clearly have forgotten. “Mariko here had a blast while she was waiting you know.” She added as she leaned her head closer to mine, our cheeks touching. Again with the touchy feely. Gahd.

Grumbling my immense displeasure and discomfort, I shrugged her heavy arm off of me and for the second time, reclaimed my personal space by moving away. Goddamn Pokemon.

“Well, that’s good to hear then.” Whitey nodded as she flashed me a knowing smile causing me to arch my eyebrow at her. Oh-kay…weird much?

“Well since everyone is here—minus the uninvited person who’s currently scowling at me—“

I glanced at Fang momentarily and saw that she was indeed scowling at Psycho with her arms crossed over her chest. But meh, scowling’s pretty much harmless so…whatever.

“—let’s go to my place then.” Miichan beamed, nodding her head as she looks at Whitey who was wearing a nervous smile. She glanced behind her to look at the frowning Fang before looking back at Miichan. She opened her mouth with the intent of saying something but the person slightly behind her beat her to it.

“The uninvited person is coming with you.” Fang simply said as she took a step forward, looking defiantly at the Psycho. The latter raised her eyebrow.

“Uh, no she’s not. She’s unfortunately uninvited.”

“You owe me a whole lot since I helped you with your stupid mission yesterday.” Fang retorted. I blinked back my surprise and turned at the petrified looking Psycho. News to me. Fang helped Psycho with…?

“What the hell did you do?” I asked in an accusing tone as I narrowed my eyes. My suspicions seems to heightened as I notice her flinch at what I said. Hmmm. If it entails Miichan and the word ‘mission’, whatever it is, it would probably make me face palm myself.  Yeah, Miichan and the word mission is really just face palm worthy. I should know since I’ve been into one of those stupid missions myself.

What were those missions, you ask?

Mostly stupid things I don’t want to remember. Nuff said.

“That is classified information! You swore you wouldn’t tell!” A blushing Crazy Psycho suddenly exclaimed after she stomped her feet and pointed angrily at the blasé looking Fang.

The half vampire tilted her head slightly, looking boredly at Psycho. “Yeah well, I must’ve had my fingers crossed then.”

“No you didn’t! I was holding both your hands when you promised, remember?!” Crazy Psycho pointed out.

Fang looked thoughtful for a second before she shrugged nonchalantly saying, “I guess I forgot, so whatever. Still going with you now,” completely disregarding the growing anger of the Crazy Psycho in front of her. Yeah, actually Psycho looks to be foaming in the mouth, but yeah, I’m all meh about it now. See, I’m curious about this whole mission Fang and Psycho did yesterday yet the bigger part of me clearly doesn’t want to know and just tag whatever this mission is as something stupid and trivial. It is Crazy Psycho and all.

“What does it matter if she comes or not anyway?” I let out a sigh and shook my head before pointing at the Amazon Pokemon beside me. “This person here isn’t supposed to go as well and she’s tagging along so—”

“Hey!” Snorlax exclaimed as she turned to me. This time, she wasn’t wearing that annoying cheeky smile hers as she’s frowning at me instead, obviously not liking what I just said. “Just because I don’t play any instruments doesn’t mean I’m entirely useless here.”

I held up my hands, looking at her in faux surprise. “Wow. I didn’t exactly say that you were useless but that sounded so much better, so let’s go with that.”

“Since I promised Miichan that I’d cook today, I think I could probably put one or two poison on your food later on.” She narrowed her eyes looking unimpressed. Meh, not really caring here.

Giving her a fake sweet smile, I tilted my head slightly and intertwined my hands together, placing it against my chest. “How wonderful. So wonderful and very nice of you to do that.” I tell her as I blinked a couple of times. I kept my fake rainbow self for a second before rolling my eyes and turning towards Crazy Psycho, crossing my arms over my chest. In Scrooge mode, I monotonously asked, “Can we go now?”

Through the corner of my eye I can see Snorlax moving her finger in a circular motion around her ear and…yeah, still not caring.

“FINE! She can come, but I’m not walking with her!” Miichan said petulantly as she pouts. She grabbed both Snorlax and Whitey’s arm and began pulling them away. “C’mon. Let’s leave the Scrooges alone to do their…Scrooging!” 

And hello 5 year old Crazy Psycho, we meet again. Ugh.

“Oh boo-hoo-hoo. Tch. Whatever. Like I care!” Was Fang’s reply as she rolled her eyes. Keeping her glare at Psycho’s backside, she says, “You know sometimes I wonder how you became bestfriends with that person,” as she pointed at the Psycho.

I turned my gaze to Miichan who looked back just to stuck out her tongue and taunt us. Seeing that, I let out a sigh and shook my head.

“One of my lifelong questions right there.”

I guess, when you think about it, Crazy Psycho did outsmart me in a way huh.

I let out a sigh causing a small fog to form as I stepped outside and closed the main door of DAFUQ. Taking hold and fixing the strap of my bag on my shoulder, I turned to where everyone is gathered a few feet away from me. I watch in silence through the cold night, staring blankly as Crazy Psycho and Snorlax—who had their arms wrapped around each other’s shoulder—began laughing at the annoyed looking Creepy. The Sexytary on the other hand—who was beside Creepy watching—let out a weary sigh and shook her head, her shoulder slumped slightly as she looks tiredly at the trio. Yeah, the weary look the Sexytary has? Justified. Especially when the Psycho decided to play horsey with Snorlax and suddenly just jumped on her back telling her to mush. And I know, horses aren’t told to mush but it is Crazy Psycho and all so…potato potahto whatever.

What about my girlfriend, you ask?

Pursing my cold lips tight, I turned my eyes to where Haruna stood, completely oblivious to the horsing around of the crazies near her. I let out another soft sigh as I saw that familiar look of sadness across her face as she stares at the ground. Yeah, I guess I’m the one to blame for that one. But, I have a point though, right? I mean, I’m just trying to protect her. But I guess at the same time she wanted the same thing as well.

She wants to protect me too.

“Yo Bestie!” Miichan suddenly yelled causing my eyebrow to twitch, mainly because of that ugh nickname she just used on me. With narrowed eyes, I turned to look at her as she began waving her hand excessively as if I was far away from them. “Let’s grab a bite to eat and celebrate, eh?”

Shaking my head, I walked towards them and stopped just beside Haruna whose gaze I instantly felt turn towards me the second Miichan yelled my name. I kept my gaze at the beaming Psycho as I replied monotonously, “It’s almost midnight and you still want to eat.”

“Ah-ah.” She started as she waved her index finger as if reprimanding a child. “But we’re not only going to eat, we’re going to celebrate as well.”

“Well that makes it all so clear now. Thank you for clearing that up with such trivial information. I feel so much better.” Sarcasm. Seriously don’t care right now.

“You’re welcome.” And she beamed some more that any more would probably tear her face apart. Hmmm. Kinda tempted to make her smile more right now if that is the case. Oh don’t look at me like that. I’m being a good bestfriend here since I wanted her to smile more you know. Tch.

“So Scrooge, are you…in or not?” Asks Snorlax with a grunt as she jumped slightly, trying to fix how she carries the deadweight on her back. I pursed my lips tight as I began to ponder whether or not I should be all yay or nay to this invitation.

A small frown crosses my features as they all stood in silence, staring at me, waiting for my reply. Hmmm. I guess it’s okay to be all festive and jolly right now since Psycho finally admitted to the rest of the crazies who she really is. Add the whole planning thing to be somewhat successful and yeah. I guess celebrating wouldn’t hurt—

I suddenly felt a hand took hold of my wrist causing my frown to deepen in confusion.

—anyone…? Hmm?

Blinking a few times, I turned to look at Haruna. I watched curiously as she took a step forward saying nervously, “Um…I-I’m sorry but…I want some alone time with Shinoda-san s-so…um…” before blushing furiously and squeezing my wrist gently.

Ohhhhhkkkaaayyyy. That definitely blindsided me. And from the silence of the others—without looking at them—I’m pretty sure they were blindsided as well and are now gawking at the blushing Haruna. Would’ve been cool if that left them unable to breathe as well. What? I’m just joking. Geez.

“Am I dreaming or something here?” Creepy asked finally breaking the silence. “Because…everything just suddenly feels like a dream.”

Haruna’s hold on my wrist tightened at that. I watch as she bit her lower lip and lowered her gaze, trying to hide her blushing face. Thinking that if she blushed more her head would explode which left me with a headless girlfriend, I turned towards the frozen crazies and sighed.

“You heard my girlfriend.” I tell the others causing me to…flinch as Haruna’s hold on my wrist tightened enough that her nails are digging through my skin. Ugh. I forgot how that word seems to affect her. I really need to make a mental note about that. Haruna and the word girlfriend? Definitely hazardous on Haruna’s health and apparently on mine as well since her hold on me hurts. Unfortunately, I’m not into sadism so I took hold of her hand—that was torturing my wrist—with my free hand and mumbled, “Haruna, it hurts,” as I leaned closer to her.

She looked mortified for a second as she looks at me and quickly let go of my wrist as if she was burned. Feeling remorseful at what she had unconsciously done, her eyes once again found solace on ground as she opened her trembling lips probably to mumble her apology. She didn’t get a chance to say it though as I quickly took her cold hand and intertwine mine to hers. Her eyes locked on our intertwined hands for a moment until slowly, she turned her gaze to me.

I can see through her eyes that she still feels a bit guilty about that small pain she inflicted on me earlier. And well, not liking that looks she has, I squeezed her hand gently again, saying to her reassuringly, “It’s okay, really. I’m fine,” as I gave her a small smile.  Seems to work as a second later, she answered back with a soft smile of her own.

Heh. That’s more like it.

“Well if you ask me, even if you two join us, you’d bound to still have some alone time.” Snorlax says with a chuckle. Turning my attention to her, I found her pointing at me, grinning completely with the deadweight off her back. “Kinda like what you two are doing now with the whole new world thing you two seem to be fond of creating.”

I narrowed my eyes and pursed my lips tight as I stared boredly at Snorlax. I’m actually trying to restrain myself from retorting back since the person next to me seemingly saw right through me as she began to caress the back of my hand with her finger. Funny how this person next to me knows exactly when I’m going to bite back. How very perceptive of her. But then she is taking Psychology so I guess that helps a bit…….right?

“How…Disney-like of you Mariko. So unlike the cartoon I could associate you with.” The Sexytary smirked.

Still caressing the back of my hand. Still restraining myself.

“Like the cat in a fruit hat?” Psycho suddenly quipped as she turned to the Sexytary who looked a bit confused as she tilted her head slightly to the side, frowning.

“I’ve never really…heard of that cartoon before.”

Hearing that, Miichan pulled out her phone and began looking for something. She beamed as she seemingly found what she was looking for and held it out towards the Sexytary. She pointed at her phone saying, “Here’s cat in the fruit hat.”

The Sexytary narrowed her eyes as she pushed her glasses, looking at Miichan’s phone. “That’s not a cartoon, but…” A snicker escaped from her lips as her eyes began to shift between me and Psycho’s phone. “…I can totally see the similarities.”

Breathe in, breathe out Mariko. Breathe in and out.

“I don’t know. The Disney theme seem so suitable for the likes of the Prince and Princess here.” Creepy added with a smug smile.

Snorlax snorts. “Disney theme. Maybe we should do that in your birthday Scrooge.”

“Hey! That’s a great idea!” And the Creepy agrees. Typical. God, this is getting out of hand now.

Taking a step forward, I tell them, “I’m not really getting the point of this whole conversation that we’re having. Is there even a point, because everything is just blah-blah-blah here,” while giving them a look. Yeah I’m done with the whole breathing in and out and trying to calm myself bit. Sorry to my girlfriend Haruna, but I can’t take it anymore. But hey, at least I tried, you know.

“Point is, we’re letting you off the hook.” Snorlax says as she nodded her head, smiling genuinely at Haruna then giving me this annoying grin. Can you see the favoritism there?

“Well you could’ve saved me from all those blahs if you just said that in the first place.”

“Wait, what?” Crazy Psycho confusedly said as she stepped forward. “We’re going to celebrate and you’re not coming?” She says as she looked at me incredulously. Seriously now?

“Oh I’m sorry. Did you just woke up?” I retorted causing the person next to me to nudge me lightly on my shoulder, muttering my name. Or rather muttering ‘Shinoda-san’ which is also me but so is my parents and my relatives and—well you get the point.

Pursing lips tight, I glanced at the person next to me with narrowed eyes as she took a step forward, smiling slightly.

“Minegishi-san…I…I need to discuss something to Shinoda-san so…i-if it’s okay, can the two of us not go? I’d really like it if…if I could have some alone time with Sh-Shiinoda-san…” She says as a blush forms across her cheeks, her eyes downcast.

I turned my gaze at the Crazy Psycho, giving her a glare that totally went unnoticed as she kept her confused gaze at Haruna. What Haruna said, yeah I didn’t like it. I mean, she really doesn’t need to ask someone’s permission—especially Crazy Psycho’s—to spend some alone time with me. If she wants to, she can. If others don’t like it, well then she should tell them to just…fuck off. Though I seriously don’t think she’d be that vulgar. I think she’d be more like, ‘please get your not so nice face away from me’ or something like that with that cute pout and cute frown across her face. Hmmm. Not bad. I think I can imagine her saying that especially to that blue streaked Suck-Up.

“B-But…it’s celebration time.” Miichan says softly as she looks a bit crestfallen. “I want my two best friends beside me to be there and—“

The hand of the Sexytary on her shoulder caused her to stop midsentence. Crazy Psycho glanced at the owner of the hand that had softly squeezed her shoulder as she wears a small smile. “C’mon, let’s just go.”

“But…”

“I’ll treat you all the ebi fry you want.” The Sexytary offered.

“REALLY?!” Crazy Psycho excitedly squealed, her face immensely lightening up as she beamed at the thought that she was going to be eating her favorite oily food. Yeah apparently, if you tell Crazy Psycho you’d treat her to ebi fry, she’d easily fold and wag her invisible tail excessively. And if she’s THAT hungry, you’d also get to see her tongue hanging out on the side of her mouth while her saliva…okay stopping there. You really don’t need to visualize that. Seriously.

“Let’s go then!” She says as she took hold of the Sexytary’s arm and began pulling her to run. Noticing that Snorlax and Creepy weren’t following them, Crazy Psycho stopped walking and turned to look back. “Aren’t you coming? C’mon! Yuki’s going to treat us ebi fry! Hurry!”

Unsurprisingly, the Sexytary looked a bit dejected at that. Yeah well, it’s her fault anyway.

“You know, I don’t get why she would be so excited whenever she’s treated to free food when she can totally buy it herself what with her being a billionaire.” Snorlax said as she turned to look at us, wearing a pained smile.

I shrugged. “That’s the thing. She can easily buy it herself, but I think to her, it’s more meaningful when people buy it for her. Somehow it gives her the normality that she really wants.” I tell her before looking back at Crazy Psycho who seems to be arguing with the Sexytary in the distance. A sigh escapes my lips upon remembering all those times she annoyingly insisted on me buying her something and all those times I relented just to shut her up. Ugh. Such fond memories.

“At least, that’s what I think.” I added as a small smile crosses my lips as a beaming Psycho suddenly latched herself on the weary looking Sexytary. That’s actually her reward when you treat her stuff. She’d latched at you and give you her beaming, signature smile. Tch. Typical.

“Well, if you put it that way, then it’s amazing, really.” Snorlax says. Turning back to look at her, I found her smiling at me. Intrigued, I cocked my eyebrow upward.

“Miichan?”

“No, not Miichan.” She shook her head before she gives me a knowing look while she grins. What she’s implying somehow stumps me for a moment. But then the thought that maybe she’s just playing with me again suddenly came to mind and then I just stopped thinking about it all together. Yeah, after that I was all meh whatever.

Letting out a chuckle, Snorlax waved her hand saying, “Guess we’ll be seeing you guys later,” before turning to walk towards Crazy Psycho and the Sexytary, leaving the creep to...creepily smile at us. Ugh.

“Bye Princess!” She waved her hand to Haruna who hesitantly waved back. A moment later, Creepy then turned to me while she began to walk backwards. “And Prince! We gotta talk about what you’re going to wear when we have a Danso Day at DAFUQ okay?” She reminded as she pointed at me. “This is so going to be fun that I’m so excited in working with you from now on!” And she gushed.

I can’t really put into words what I’m feeling with these changes. Just that—despite the fact that I’m also into supporting Miichan—I’m not really looking forward to it at the same time. Weird right? Yeah, it’s just that working with three crazies now—which includes Snorlax, Crazy Psycho and now Creepy—would be really hazardous to my mental health. And yes, I didn’t include the Sexytary because I find her somewhat tolerable. But she does have her annoying moments as well you know. Thus the keyword ‘somewhat.’

“You have to wear a suit again, okay? Cause you just look so…” And she ended that with a squeal that made me roll my eyes. “I’m telling you, if girls would see you like that? DAFUQ’s female customers would double and—” Okay I’m cutting her off myself. Internally I mean. Trivial unwanted stuff right there. I really don’t want to think about that Da…uh…Dada day or whatever it is that she wanted just so she could work at DAFUQ.

Yeah just a side note, Crazy Psycho actually asked her to work for DAFUQ and leave her other job as a protest leader with an addition that she’d think about Creepy’s suggestion of having Dada day once a week at DAFUQ. To Creepy, it was sort of like a theme once a week just so we won’t only attract male customers, but also female customers. Her words, not mine. So yeah, I will most probably get stuck working with this creep as well. Hmmm? And you say she wasn’t a protest leader? Do I look like I care about that?! Geez.

“Bye Besties!” Crazy Psycho suddenly began excessively waving her hand as she beamed towards us causing me to narrow my eyes boredly at her. I mean c’mon. Bestie?!

“You two enjoy yourselves with the…uh…making in…“

Making out.

“…or the woohoo or…gender!”

Sex. The woohoo—by the way—is a reference to sex in some game that she keeps on playing with her lezzie character and her weird house that is basically full of game room or something. Can’t remember the name of the game really since I don’t really care about whatever game she’s playing as long as she behaves. Oh and just so you know, this is actually Crazy Psycho’s methos of not embarrassing Haruna. Yeah, rather than embarrass her, she opted in just confusing the hell out of her. I’m used to these sort of code talk that Miichan usually does when it comes to Haruna so…I totally get what she means. Lame I know. But hey—with the person next to frowning slightly as she tilts her head to the side while looking at the beaming Psycho—it obviously works.

After a moment of excessive waving, the annoying and teasing smiles, the four crazies finally walked away never to return ever again. Well at least in my dreams it went like that. It was either that or they all went off of a cliff. Ah, those were the days.

“Um…I-I’m having a hard time figuring what Minegishi-san mean.” The person next to me asks as she turns to look at me wearing a small frown. “What did she mean by that?”

I just looked at her for a moment through the corner of my eye, internalizing whether or not I should tell her what Miichan meant. But I did say I want to be more honest with her so.... hmmm.

“Do you REALLY want to know?” I asked as I turned my head to look at her, my eyebrow raised a bit. I wasn’t surprised when she nodded her head in reply, keeping the small frown across her face. I can see that she’s really curious about it, but I’m hesitating a bit on telling her.

Why you ask?

Well I’m being a goody goody girlfriend here you know. The downside of telling her the truth now would be her blushing like there’s no tomorrow and becoming a human tomato that would end up—okay I’m stopping since that thought seems highly irrelevant, but you get the point. She didn’t bring along her magical cure—which is the ice pack by the way—thus the hesitating state I’m in here.

…But then, it might be fun to see her squirm a bit and it is pretty cold anyway. Maybe the cold weather can replace her ice pack or something. Tch. So much for being a goody goody huh.

Turning to face her fully, I tried to keep my face blasé, hiding the amusement and anticipation that I feel as to what she would do or say about what Miichan meant.

“Earlier, you said you want some alone time with me.” I pointed out causing her to nod her head again, a look of concentration across her face. “Basically, in couple terms especially in modern times much like right now in case you didn’t know…” I couldn’t stop the grin from coming out as she suddenly pouts cutely as she easily realized what I mean by that. Ignoring that cute pout she has and restraining myself as I tell myself over and over again to NOT look at her full lips—yeah yeah quit grinning—I pursed my lips for a second before continuing, “…it just means getting some,” with a nonchalant shrug.

I watch in curiosity as her pout was replaced by a confused look, tilting her head slightly at the side as she frowns slightly. “Getting some of wh-what…?” She asked causing me to blink back my surprise. Ohhhkkkaaayyy. I should have seen that coming. She is a sheltered child after all.

“Action.” I tell her simply, giving her an expectant look. “For couples, it means getting some action.” I hope she gets that. I am giving her a look and all.

“What…k-kind of action?”

And that’s a no. Hmmm. Let’s try another subtle term then.

“Couples. Bed. Birds and the bees. Number six, but replaced the letter ‘I’ with an ‘E.’” Okay, so that last bit is nowhere being subtle, but hopefully she’ll get it now.

At least…I thought she would.

“N-number sex…?” She muttered, keeping the confused look across her face. You have got to be kidding me here. Still no? Huh. Oh well, might as well go along with it.

“Right, now ever so slowly, scratch out the word ‘number’ and you’d get…?” I tell her giving her an expectant look, moving my hand as if urging her to come up with the correct answer. I watched amused as her frown deepened and she just looked at me for a moment before realization crosses her face. It was really entertaining seeing her eyes widen underneath her glasses as she tries to mutter what I was implying.

“S-s-s-se—“

“That would be the one.” I nodded, grinning slightly. Sure she didn’t say it exactly as I’ve cut her off, but looking at how red she is, how her eyes are like saucers and how she’s gaping? Pretty much tells me that she has it spot on.

“Bu-bu-but…I-I-I wa-wa-wasn’t…” She stuttered as she backed away, shaking her head while she removes her hold on my hand. If I wasn’t weirded out with the whole excessive stuttering she just did, I would’ve frowned at the fact that she let go of my hand. But yeah, I’m frowning slightly at her stuttering that seemed to have worsened.

“…I-I didn’t s-s-say that l-l-like…” She stammered as she lowered her gaze to the ground, eyes shifting from one place to another while her pale hands clasped each other nervously.

“I know.” I calmly stated as I nod my head and cross my arms over my chest. I just stared at her, amused at the fact that she’s in nervous, panicky Betty mode.

How...cute.

“I m-mean…it’s ju-just…I-I never…”

I let out a soft chuckle before grinning. “You got that right.”

“…I-I’ve ne-never th-thought a-a-about th-that before…and I-I—”

Hearing that completely wiped out the grin across my lips. She continues to babble nervously while I just stood there, wearing a slight frown. What she said just suddenly made me wonder on what her thoughts is about us being intimate. I mean, isn’t that where most couples go to? And seriously, she never thought about it? About us doing the ‘birds and the bees’ thing. And yeah stop with the creepy grin. Get a hold of yourself, horndog. Geez.

“Really?” I let out as I raised my eyebrow, cutting her off with her babbling.

I watch as she tensely turned her gaze towards me. Blinking a few times, I saw her throat moved as she swallowed, before asking, “Re-really wh-what...?” in a soft, hesitant tone.

“You’ve…never thought of THAT before?” I asked, my eyebrows slowly moving upwards as I give her an expectant look. “I mean, with us. Never...?”

She stared at me for a moment before her eyes quickly shifted to the side, taking her usual habit of biting her lower lip. I took notice of how the redness across her face increases upon hearing my question and well…I can’t blame her for that. I mean, I know I’m going towards uncharted territories that might embarrass the two of us but…you know I’m just curious about it. I really want to know what her thoughts are about this so that if ever the perversion virus really gets into me fully in the future…

…I’d know if I should restrain myself from wanting to be intimate with her.

“Well……n-n-no…..” She trailed off into silence, her voice cracking slightly. Noticing that, she cleared her throat and kept her gaze away from me. I’m not entirely sure, but somehow I have a feeling that she just lied to me. What made me think that, you ask? Well her eyebrows seems to be twitching a bit as a small frown appears. And the way she’s biting her lips now? Just a bit more and I’m pretty sure it’ll be enough to draw blood out of it. Yeah, she’s biting it that hard. It’s interesting though. I mean, if she is lying to me about this, I find it interesting. By lying about what I asked, basically and obviously means…

…that she had thought about it at one point.

I guess despite Crazy Psycho’s advice to her that she should be honest with me if she wants to win me fully, there’s still seems to be a limit to her honesty. But then again, I can’t really blame her for lying about that. I mean, if it were me and she’s asking me that? I’d probably lie as well.

I guess it goes to show how much we’re not ready for that yet.

Obviously.

Taking pity and not wanting her to damage her lips, I pursed my lips tight and began rummaging the insides of my bag and pulled out something for her. Looking back at her, a crooked smile quickly appeared on my lips upon seeing that she was observing me through the corner of her eye.

“Here.” I held my gloves for her to take. She turned her head looking at it for a second before she turned her gaze to me, frowning slightly in confusion. A smirk formed on my lips as I answered her silent question. “It may be foreign to you, but it’s called gloves. You put it on your hands to keep them warm.” Okay, I know that may not be her silent question, but hey, I just want a tease her a bit.

Knowing exactly what I was doing, she looked away and quickly hid her hands inside her coat pocket while her lower lip jutted out, forming an adorable pout. “I know th-that.” She mumbled, her eyebrows knitted together slightly while she turned her gaze away from me. “Th-thank you but…I don’t need gloves. M-my hands is perfectly fine. I don’t feel cold at all.” She says while she moves her hand from inside her coat’s pocket, probably trying to warm her hand inside her pocket or something.

I let out a sigh. “I can’t believe you’re lying again. What happened to the ‘thou shall not lie’ rule on the stone placard or something?” I mumbled as I rolled my eyes. Taking a step towards her and ignoring the look she’s giving me that is somewhat between confusion and bewilderment, I held the gloves in my left hand while I held out my right hand to her. “Give me your hand.”

“B-But I’m fine.” She insisted as she moved away and hugged herself with her hands still inside her coat’s jacket. “A-and…j-just what do you m-mean by I lied again?”

Somehow noticing how she looked somewhat nervous when she asked that makes me feel like my assumption earlier was right all along. But truthfully I don’t care about that anymore so I just ignored her question and moved my fingers while I tell her, “My hands doesn’t get cold easily. Miichan said so as well. I think she calls them…sun hands or something like that. When she found out about it, she forced me to bake a bread so we could open up a bakery,” while I look at my hand, a frown across my face as I remember that. How weird that I suddenly remembered that memory from long ago.

Hearing that brought about a small giggle on Haruna. “Did y-you and Minegishi-san made a successful bread th-then?”

I lowered my outstretched hand and placed it on my waist as I tilted my head slightly to the side. With my eyes gazing on the ground, I began to think back on what happened back then.

“Well, yeah. I guess. That was when we were kids so my mom was with us at that time. She was the one who made the dough while I was stuck being the one to knead the bread as per Miichan’s order because I had the…hot hands or something.” I recalled before making a face. “Now that I think about it, me and my mom did all the work while that Crazy Psycho just stood there, cheering and ordering us around.” Ugh. Definitely a worthless memory. What the hell? Is my auto-delete function malfunctioning or something? That’s supposed to be erased you know.

“That sounds like fun.” Haruna said causing me to look back at her. She was…smiling at me, yet there seems to be a hint of sadness behind that smile of hers. I was right about that as a moment later, she averted her gaze and let out a sigh, hesitantly admitting, “I’m…s-sort of j-jealous though.”

“Of Miichan?”

Well if you think about it, you can interpret what she said in two ways. One: she’s jealous of Crazy Psycho. And two: that she’s jealous of the fact that she haven’t had that kind of inconsequential moments with someone in the past. Just doing random things in the past that if you suddenly remember, would make you feel a sense of nostalgia. But in my case, I’m not really feeling the nostalgia thing since I consider that memory annoying. Crazy Psycho was really insistent in telling me to put my heart into kneading that damn dough that I ended up throwing that thing on her face. Needless to say, we ended up with a dough fight for at least 3 minutes until my mother finally decided to intervene after taking a picture of the ridiculous dough war. So yeah, don’t blame me if that memory got tossed in my trash bin of uselessness to be deleted forever.

Oh and going back on topic, for Haruna, I’m going for the latter because I doubt she’s jealous of Crazy Psycho you know.

“In a way…y-yes. I am j-jealous of Minegishi-san.” She says as she glanced at me, wearing a shy smile and a faint blush across her cheeks. Okay, so obviously I’m wrong on that. Huh.

“You two have a lot of m-memories together and y-you spend a l-lot of time together. S-somehow…that makes me feel a bit…jealous…” She added as she moved her gaze to the ground, her voice trailing off softly. You know, in the back of my head, I was wondering when she’s going to bring that up. This ‘discussion’ of ours, I mean. She puts it out quite nicely by the way. But still…

Noticing where this discussion of ours is heading, I let out a sigh and once again held out the leather gloves that I was holding. “Will you wear this now so we can go?”

She looked at it again for a second before looking back at me, frowning. “B-but I told you I don’t need it.” She reasoned as she stepped away from me again.

“Okay, obviously you didn’t realize the moral of my story.” I tell her as I stepped towards her. Pointing at her then at me back and forth, explained further, “Hot hands, cold hands. Hot hands, no gloves. Cold hands, yes gloves. Easy right?”

“My h-hands aren’t c-cold. They’re fine.” And she once again insisted…a bit stubbornly if I may add. Yeah, who’d have thought right? Haruna aka Betty, lying. Now she’s being stubborn and still lying. She’s on a roll today huh. Any more and we’ll be seeing her growing a red tail on her butt and two pointy horns on top of her head. A bit far-fetched but hey, you get the point right? But you know, with her being like this you have to wonder why she’s doing it.

Why the sudden appearance of the not so goody-goody Haruna slash Betty?

“Okay, what’s the matter?” I asked as I let out a frustrated sigh, crossing my arms over my chest. “Is it because it’s mine and I’m lending it to you that’s why you don’t want to wear them? Because that’s your pride doing the talking there if that is the case. I’m pretty sure that’s also in the stone…billboard of things you shouldn’t do.”

“N-No! I…I don’t care about that!” She exclaimed as she turned to me fully and took a step towards me, surprising me a little. “I just…I j-just…” And now she’s hesitating on telling me what the problem is as she looked away and began taking comfort into once again biting her lower lip. I’m really curious as to what the problem is especially since she’s blushing and all. But then, I don’t want to force her further if she really doesn’t want to wear them…so…

“Okay. I won’t force you anymore if you don’t want to.” I tell her with a shrug. Thinking that it would be better if I just wear them myself, I began to put one of the gloves on as I say, “If you don’t want to wear them, then I will despite—“

But a cold hand that took hold of my wrist followed by an exclaimed “N-no!” from her prevented me from completing that small task. Surprised the hell out of me though. After the whole surprised feeling comes the confusion as I looked at her hand then at her.

“Oookkkaaayyyy~” I drawled as I raised my eyebrow. “Do you have anything against gloves then? Because if you tell me you do, I’d completely understand why you don’t want to wear them and why you just suddenly seemed to…save me from them.” Weird I know, but the way she just said ‘no’ at that time felt like the gloves were somewhat life threatening.

“No…j-just…”

And we’re back to square one with the hesitating and the looking away along with the blushing. Don’t get me wrong, I do find it cute but…ugh. There’s just no end to this if this continues you know.

“Haruna.” I called her softly with a sigh causing her to look back at me. With her attention on mine, I placed my hand on her shoulder and gently squeezed it. “You know you can tell me anything, right?” I reminded her as calmly and soothing as I can while giving her a small smile.

She gave a light nod in reply, her head lowered a bit. Finally, in the faintest whisper, she relented and told me, “I just…I want t-to hold your h-hand…” as she averts her eyes to the side. And I’m just…momentarily stunned. I mean…

“That’s it?” I replied as I raised my eyebrow. Okay, obviously the dumbfounded moment ended when I carelessly said that. I say carelessly since that really came out of nowhere. I mean, I didn’t mean to say that out loud, you know. But I did…so moving on.

“W-well yes.” She stammered, a slight frown forming on her forehead for a second before her face seem to relax as she let out a soft sigh. “If I wear y-your gloves, I w-wouldn’t get to h-hold your hand properly.”

“Same with me wearing them.” I added flatly with a nod as I remove my hand on her shoulder. That makes sense. Now I know why she’s against them gloves. She just wants to hold my hand. Huh.

With some of the thoughts of what she could’ve said swirling inside my mind, I couldn’t help but let out a chuckle.

“Well…if you p-put it that way, m-maybe I shouldn’t have said anything.” She said in a low voice, a full frown across her face. She seriously look upset and well…I think I know why. Anyway, seeing how amused I am about what she said—which again, isn’t really the main reason why I laughed—caused her to sulk and surprisingly after a moment, encouraged her to walk briskly away from me. Yeah, I know, I’m an idiot. Doesn’t mean I didn’t follow her though, because I did. This is like the third time I run after her huh? Told you it’s going to be a normal occurrence.

“Haruna. Wait!” I called out as I followed her from behind. Wanting to clarify this little misunderstanding, I quickly picked up the pace and grabbed her arm, stopping her. “C’mon, I didn’t mean to sound like that.”

Nothing. She just kept her back to me. Great.

“I wasn’t laughing at you either.”

Still nada.

I let out a defeated sigh as I admitted further, “If it’s any consolation, I was laughing at myself.”

And surprise surprise! She finally moved, turning her head slightly but still kept her back to me. It was as if she was tell that she was listening. Somehow seeing that tells me that I have to embarrass myself further by…telling her the truth. Great. Awesome. Sarcasm people.

“It’s just…” I started, stupidly struggling to find the words on the floor as I frowned at it. “Just that…I guess I was sort of expecting you to say something more embarrassing than you wanting to hold my hand.”

Well, as painful it is for me to admit that—since by saying that, we’ll head into those uncharted territories again—it is the truth. I really thought that what she was about to say would be more embarrassing than that. When you think about it, what she said earlier about how I’m the one causing her to be a human tomato seems a lot more embarrassing than her wanting to hold my hand, you know.

Was I disappointed you ask?

If I say yes, would you—okay scratch that you’re grinning now. And I didn’t even fully admit it yet. Geez

“M-more embarrassing? Like wh-what?” I hear her softly ask, causing me to curse myself internally. I was really hoping she wouldn’t ask that.

Why you ask?

Because…I have to tell her the truth now. I mean, that’s the plan right?

Honesty.

Clenching my jaw tight, I slowly looked at her and found her looking back at me, her body slightly turned to the side. Looking like she wanted to face me fully but having difficulty in doing so what with my hand still holding her arm, I quickly released her and took a step back. She turned to face me fully, eyebrows knitted together in question obviously waiting for an answer.

Ugh. Honesty.

Looking at the side to avoid her eyes, I began scratching the back of my neck nervously. “Just…uh…you know. Something more embarrassing than that.” I mumbled with a frown. Lame I know, but that’s not far from the truth. I just didn’t give out an exact example of what those are. Why you ask? Because it’s embarrassing. Nuff said.

Without any warning because apparently I was in my own world, a cold something suddenly took hold of my cheek causing me to flinch. Apparently it was Haruna’s hand as I quickly turned to her and found her just a feet away from me, smiling warmly at me. Huh? When did she…?

“Itai!” I let out as she suddenly pinched me. The hell?!

“Y-you were blushing so much. It’s c-cute.” She answered my internal outburst before she let out a giggle and released my cheek from her hold. Cute?!

Groaning, I covered my injured cheek with my hand, rubbing it. “Yeah well it’s because you’re trying to make me say embarrassing things.” I retorted as I glared at her. She says I was blushing so much yet…why the hell am I not aware of it?! And no I wasn’t acting like a baby. It really did hurt you know. I think she pinched it hard on purpose or something. Out of revenge perhaps? Hmmm. Could be. Though in her defense, I was the one who introduced her to that sadistic method of making a blush disappear. But still…

“I was just…curious wh-what you were expecting m-me to say.” She let out another giggle, eyes twinkling in mischief as she’s obviously enjoying the role reversal that we’re currently having. I know she’s being cute and all thinking that she got me or something, but I can easily turn this around again you know.

“What would you have done if I said something embarrassing then?” I crossed my arms over my chest and raised my eyebrow as I leaned a bit closer to her. With our faces a few inches part, her face reddened considerably and eyes widened in surprise. I was actually tempted to pinch her cheek out of revenge, but I decided to just stick with my original plan and just make her squirm a bit. Heh.

My eyes momentarily made its way to her lips as I saw her jaw tightened. The moment I looked back at her, her lips parts as she nervously say, “I-it…it depends on wh-what it is….” somewhat challenging me back. Internally, I was happy with her answer. I mean, that’s exactly what I wanted to hear from her. Looks like she took the bait.

Let’s see how she’ll handle this one.

I stared at her blankly for a moment, which eventually made her even more nervous. It was obvious since her neck muscles moved as she nervously swallowed. That was after I saw her glance at my lips for a second though, for your information. And of course, THAT was before I glanced at hers. Confused? Yeah, just think that we glanced at each other’s lips. It’ll be much easier to understand.

Anyway, going back, upon seeing how nervous she was in front of me, a crooked smile slowly appears across my lips. “What would you do if I told you I was expecting you to tell me that you wanted some ‘alone time’ with me?” I said softly, my eyebrow moved suggestively teasing her. “Would you have liked that?”

Blinking a few times, she looked at me confusedly, her head cocked to the side for a moment. That is, until it dawned to her what kind of ‘alone time’ I was talking about.

I watch in amusement as her eyes widened, mouth agape in shock while her blushing deepened, spreading from her head down to her neck as she quickly says, “NO!!” in bold and capitalized letters with at least two or three exclamation points. It was pretty loud that I couldn’t help but flinch at that and back away from her.

Okay. Amusement gone. First time I heard her with that kind of clear tone though. It was…loud. I would’ve said it was nice, but with my ears ringing from the loudness? Yeah, it’s just loud.

“Glad we cleared that up then.” I mumbled as began rubbing my ear. “And geez Haruna. A simple, normal tone would’ve been fine you know.” Looks like the jokes on me here. Remind me again never to joke like that again. Ugh.

“…we haven’t even kissed yet…”

I instantly froze. Okay, I know my ears are ringing from that two letter word outburst she did a moment ago and I’m probably hearing things what with it being mumbled in the faintest whisper that it was almost inaudible—keyword: almost—but…

“What?” I asked as I turned to look at her, frowning.

She looked momentarily taken aback, blinking a few times before a small frown crosses her face as she asked back, “Wh-what what?”

“Y-you…you said something.” I pointed out as I took a step closer to her. She took a nervous step back, looking a bit…alarmed. It was only for a second until it was replaced by confusion.

“Wh-what? I…I didn’t say a-anything.” She denied as she shook her head. Hearing that, I just stood still and stared at her, unmoving.

Did I…just imagined that? Hmmm. Well my auto delete function seems to be malfunctioning a while ago…so maybe I DID just imagined that. Plus, it is past midnight so maybe I’m just tired. Another plus would be how cold it is tonight so…yeah if I add all that it’d be equal to me being in my delusional state thus the imaginative world of Mariko. Fucked up I know, but it is the only possible answer since she does look like she doesn’t know what I’m talking about. Well that or…

…that’s the third time she lied to me today.

“Are you a-alright, Sh-Shinoda-san?” She asked causing me to wake up from my musings. After blinking a few times, I looked away from her concerned gaze and began scratching the back of my neck.

“Uh…y-yeah. I was just…I think I’m starting to hear things.”

“Was it…something im-important?” She timidly asked. Slowly, my eyes moved back to hers. I instantly noticed the expectant look that she’s giving me. It was sort of a sign that…maybe…maybe I wasn’t really hearing things. That maybe she did say that but chose to lie about it once again. But then, those are just…maybes. As long as she doesn’t say it out loud or act on them…

…I really wouldn’t know, right?

“It would’ve been if it was said out loud.” I tell her honestly with a soft smile across my lips. I watch in mild interest as she parts her lips, looking like she wanted to say something but didn’t get to as I shook my head and added, “But it wasn’t, so you really shouldn’t worry about that. I guess I’m just…tired or something.”

“Oh.” Was her simple reply as she cast her eyes down to the ground, looking a bit…disappointed…? Not entirely sure about that, really. It doesn’t matter though.

At least, for now.

“Wow. We’ve been standing outside the cold for an hour now.” I tell her as I looked at my watch, frowning. Receiving no reply, I glanced at her and found her still looking sullenly at the ground. Hey, not my fault now is it? But since she’s feeling down about the wasted opportunity she herself had caused…

Smiling, I held out a glove to her. “Here, put this on.”

Hearing what I said, she blinked a couple of times at the glove in my hand then looked up at me through her eyelashes, frowning slightly.

“Trust me.” I tell her simply, keeping the reassuring smile on my face as I nod my head. She stared at me, lips parted slightly. It looked like she was once again in a daze as she continues to stare at me that I decided to wake her up by—surprisingly—winking at her. It seemed to work as her dazed state was replaced by an embarrassed one as she quickly looked away, blushing. I couldn’t help but let out a soft chuckle as I saw her bite her lower lip while she smiles.

Yeah, obviously she likes that.

“I…I trust you.” She tells me honestly as she glanced at me, wearing a shy smile. Somehow that left me momentarily stunned and by that it means…

…yeah, I obviously like that.

Feeling heated despite the cold, I smiled at her softly admitting, “I trust you as well.”

And it’s the truth. Despite her white lies, I still trust her. Plus, let’s all be honest here. This person in front of me? My girlfriend? Based on our discussion here.

Is really a terrible liar.

--

“—so that’s it.” Fang sighed from beside me, causing me to look at her and frown confusedly as we continue to walk. Wait. What’s it? The hell is she talking about? And…she’s talking to me?! Where the hell am I again?

“You’ve experienced something like that right? I mean with Holiness.” She softly says, keeping her eyes on the ground. Experience what now? God, I’ve never been so confused in my life. Geez.

“Right.” I drawled, feeling a bit weirded out as I looked at the trio walking way ahead from us. “I’ve experienced that. I’m all about experience with Haruna.” Ugh. Maybe I should just shut up. That seriously sounded so wrong. Fang seems to think so as well as she looked at me, raising her eyebrow.

“What are you talking about? Experience? You two haven’t even kissed yet for God’s sakes!“ She pointed out causing me to freeze and stop walking. Shit Mariko. SHIT!

Noticing that I suddenly stopped, she turns to look at me confusedly for a moment until finally, a look of shocked realization came into her.

Fucking shit Mariko! Move! SAY SOMETHING DAMNIT!

But I didn’t. I just stay rooted at the spot, ignoring the people who passed us by. At that time, the world suddenly felt silent with only my breathing and the pounding of my heart could be heard.

“Y-you…you and Holiness kissed!”

Okay and that. That I heard quite nicely.

I opened my mouth to talk, to say something, to deny and I did. After much internal abuse I was having, calling myself a bunch of names that would definitely make anyone cry, I squeaked out a weak and unsure, “N-No…….?”

The hell right?!

Yeah, well apparently, Haruna’s not the only one who’s a terrible liar.

Fuck.

TBC

Next Up: Again, will bump this again for replies because I just finished this and I'm feeling a bit groggy now.  :nervous Sorry guys.  :nervous

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 05:15:00 AM by FoF »

Offline yanouchi

• MariHaru Love Hunter!!
  • Member+
  • ( *`ω´)人(бвб)
« Reply #274 on: August 24, 2013, 07:48:53 PM »
Huh? update? yeay! Booked!

Aaahh....It’s been a while since I’ve felt this... :nya:

Grinning, laughing like an idiot, giggle, spazzing, clapping (this is new to me)
fluffy feeling inside while or after reading latest chapter....all in one ..and thank you for that :D

Haruna with hand holding moments makes me mecha doki-doki! i don't what will happen to me in kissing scene...!!!
nosebleed overload maybe? XD

Mariko's first winks, damn it you're so romantic Mariko!!! and Haruna likes it...nice move btw..

Seriously i really enjoy it everytime you update!!! thanks again and take care FoF-san... XD

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:45:53 AM by yanouchi »

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #275 on: August 24, 2013, 09:06:05 PM »
Booked, too. I'm in no condition to comment or I'll go

HOLY SHIT OH MY FUCKING GOD HALLELUYAH LEMME DIE AS I AM BARFING RAINBOWSS

HARUNA O GOSH, AND MARIKO U....  :inlove:

EDIT:
So okay, a slightly more coolheaded comment, yay.

Mariko. Firsts. HAHAHAHA WHAT FIRSTS OHHHHHHH I SO WANNA KNOW  :inlove:

And Haruna y u so cute  :inlove:

And Fang... I seriously wonder what she was talking about lol. And she's quick to get into conclusion. A bull's eye hit XD

SERIOUSLY YOU MADE ME CURIOUS OF WHAT HAD HAPPENED  :inlove: :wub:

HURRY UP AND UPDATE TO NEXT CHAPTER ALSKDJALSDJKASDJ *is whacked*
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 03:10:51 PM by Yuki88 »
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline theblueknight

• Theblueknight a.k.a oneyugigirl fan of Hatsune Miku/HANDMC/AKB48 and Im IN LOVE with Shinoda Mariko mi linda esposa(waifu) <3
  • Member+
  • love knows no gender
« Reply #276 on: August 24, 2013, 11:49:27 PM »
Holaz que pasa? long time not see huh?  :) been awhile I know but hey you were busy I was busy so I get it dow I gotta say you totally surprise me here I was like man I gotta check my mail im so lazy don't wanna and I go on it and the first thing I see is an update for this I totally flip!  :twothumbs dow like I said before reading this or any fanfic downstairs is never a great idea my fam is too noisy and jovi-kun almost spilled my coffee on my laptop it was a really close call  :panic: but I somehow manage to read it all without any breaks which is good  :) I love all the teasing that mariko gets from the crazies its really funny and what I thought was epically funny was when mariko smile back at them totally creep them out  :lol: dow they are right about one thing mariko really needs to buy haruna a cell phone it dosent have to be a fancy one just maybe one of those prepaid phones or something  :lol: I totally couldn't stop laughing at the part of kneeling on one knee thing and the corny stuff that came with it was like a declaration of love for all eternity ver crazies  :D and then the alone time moments of mariharu too much sweets there no? you are going to give us a major tooth ache  :P loved it! also whats up with the whole Pinocchio haruna? its never good to lie but white lies are sometimes good its just depends right? dow I thought haruna since shes all religious she would only tell the truth her lying totally threw me off there  :shocked but I guess theres more to this than meets the eye right?... dow im guessing something epic will happen in the next chap huh? well as always im one of your oh so many fans/followers and cant wait for the next chaps im patient like always take your time and please please don't drink too much coffee okay?  :twothumbs 
Spanish original name es mary es mi amor por leo dan:
Mari(mariko)es mi amor, solo con ella
vivo la felicidad yo se que nunca a nadie
mas podria amar, por que la quiero de
verdad por eso mary por favor dame tu
mano continuemos siempre asi
despues de todo que mas te puedo
pedir si soy feliz...muy feliz.
Si un dia me faltas tu que
Dios me ayude a morir ya que
no volvera a hacer en esta vida feliz
sin ti mari...sin ti mari...si estoy
viviendo por ti... 
--------<@
English ver dow originally name mary is my love by leo dan :
My love is Mari, just with her
I live in happiness
I know I will never again
fall in love with nobody, because I
feel a true love Because of that,
Mari, give me your hand we'll
forever continue this way After all,
what can I ask you more if I am happy...
very happy If one day I will miss you,
God help me to die ,
without you Mari...
If i live my life for you...  -----------<@

Offline cherrylime

« Reply #277 on: August 25, 2013, 01:51:49 AM »
finally an update after the much revisions my dear fof  :P hahaha! i love this one so please continue men..and sorry if your bestfriend's spamming your post again XD hehehehe.. ~vh08^^
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 02:09:25 AM by cherrylime »
:bingo:  The moon is my sun and cranberry juice is my battery :pandaaa:

Offline heomagic

« Reply #278 on: August 25, 2013, 04:34:40 PM »
OH MY GOD!!! That is the first three words pop up in my mind when I saw your update. Dear God, thanks for answer my long... long waiting and thanks for let me live patiently enough for this day to come. I promise that I will cherish every single word in all 11,936 words in this chapter.

Seriously man, you save my day (or my months??)!! Actually, today was a good day to me but when I saw your update, you turned it to be the best day ever in 2 months and 12 days! Thanks so much for this update!! Please take care and have a great day my friend (acknowledged by FB ^^)!!

Offline AoiShiori

« Reply #279 on: August 26, 2013, 04:47:15 AM »
Ahhh it's been so long since I open my account and the first thing I saw is your update  :) Thank you for making my day.
Reading this after a day's worth of studying and writing my research paper is a good thing. I can take a break  :)

But anyways thanks for the update and hope to see you soon :twothumbs

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Furukawa Miki - Chick, Shick Radio