JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ai Shinozaki - KAIRAKUSHUGI

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread  (Read 759258 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread
« Reply #1820 on: December 18, 2012, 10:16:44 PM »
A friend of mine wears a name tag in katakana to handshake events occasionally. I think that's an interesting approach because:
1. The girls will try to read it and pronounce it. So even if you're super nervous or don't know what to talk about, the girl will initiate conversation.
2. It might help them remember who you are
3. If you re-visit them (often) you can go without the name tag to see if they remembered lol

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1821 on: December 18, 2012, 10:35:48 PM »
Interesting discussion about handshake events.  Even though I've been a huge idol fan for about 12 years now, I've never personally found handshake events to be worth it for me.  Granted I haven't lived in Japan (which would make it easier and cheaper) but I just don't see all that much value in a handshake and 20-30 seconds of conversation.  I definitely understand the appeal of meeting them and all (I've met many idols who came to the US, and the feeling is really great) but its just not worth all the cost and trouble of handshake tickets as well as international travel to just be able to shake hands.  If I was getting a picture with them or getting some autographs or something, that would be a little different, since you have something more memorable to keep from your money and effort spent besides a memory. I know for a lot of you in Asia and Europe, it is about 5 times cheaper to travel to Japan for you guys than it is for me, and that I am a little envious, though, even if I had the opportunity, I don't know that I would often actually make the trip for these kinds of events when only handshake is involved.

Its interesting to hear about how some of the members are at handshake events, though, since even though they're still supposed to be having their idol personality "on" at the handshake events, I find that sometimes it exposes a more true side of some girls, like some people mentioned Hii-chan being somewhat rude, etc. I've also heard a number of stories from AKB handshake events of girls getting upset and angry at people, etc. I think if I had the opportunity to do it with Idoling at least once, I would actually be open to even go to members I'm not the biggest fan of since it seems only certain members appear at certain events, and I'd rather get more for my money, and since the only members I actually dislike are Chika and Ramu, lol. It seems like most of the older members miss some of these events frequently, and those are mostly my favorites :(

Only thing I'm waiting for is to see if they can actually get Idoling!!! to come to Japan Expo in the US this coming year, since I've talked to some staff there through e-mail they have mentioned it may be possible, since they were at Europe Japan Expo this year :wub: I think it would be the happiest time of my life getting to meet them finally since they have been my favorite for a long time. At the times I have met other idols, it was usually at a time when they weren't really my favorite group, so I didn't have the enthusiasm (like meeting H!P after I wasn't a very big fan anymore, even though it was still great) but if I got to meet Idoling, I have a feeling I'd act like a crazy ass fan for the first time!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 10:41:06 PM by AEUGNewtype »

Offline Patrick_03

« Reply #1822 on: December 18, 2012, 10:48:50 PM »

Only thing I'm waiting for is to see if they can actually get Idoling!!! to come to Japan Expo in the US this coming year, since I've talked to some staff there through e-mail they have mentioned it may be possible, since they were at Europe Japan Expo this year

when is the US  Japan Expo?  :O

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1823 on: December 18, 2012, 10:50:56 PM »

Only thing I'm waiting for is to see if they can actually get Idoling!!! to come to Japan Expo in the US this coming year, since I've talked to some staff there through e-mail they have mentioned it may be possible, since they were at Europe Japan Expo this year

when is the US  Japan Expo?  :O

Late August in Santa Clara, CA!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:26:10 AM by AEUGNewtype »

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1824 on: December 18, 2012, 11:14:20 PM »
Hmm, the name tag is interesting, but since I'm the only non-asian looking guy there, they're always asking my name and where I'm from anyway. And I've got quite a common and easy name for them to remember :)
You'd have to go to the same member on the same day to have her remember I guess, 2 weeks apart is way too long. Hmm, you're giving me an idea..... and I'm gonna have too many CDs in February... XD

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1825 on: December 19, 2012, 12:21:18 AM »
Do you guys get nervous when you meet you favourite members at handshake events? :wub:

Also, I've been meaning to say this for ages, but to whoever does the artwork on the banners for the Idoling!!! sub-forum, a big thumbs up.  :twothumbs
Seems to be a new one almost every day.  :thumbsup

oh hell yeah, the nerve is on the verge of exploding for sure. I actually plan to do the same thing to Umeko last year like how I approached Serina. Speak only in English, try to see whether she is going to panic or not but when it was finally my turn to meet my favorite member for the first time I just lost it and can't say a thing  XD but Umeko was a really kind girl, she initiated the conversation and I just screw away my original plan and just spoke to her in Japanese.

Interesting discussion about handshake events.  Even though I've been a huge idol fan for about 12 years now, I've never personally found handshake events to be worth it for me.  Granted I haven't lived in Japan (which would make it easier and cheaper) but I just don't see all that much value in a handshake and 20-30 seconds of conversation.  I definitely understand the appeal of meeting them and all (I've met many idols who came to the US, and the feeling is really great) but its just not worth all the cost and trouble of handshake tickets as well as international travel to just be able to shake hands.  If I was getting a picture with them or getting some autographs or something, that would be a little different, since you have something more memorable to keep from your money and effort spent besides a memory. I know for a lot of you in Asia and Europe, it is about 5 times cheaper to travel to Japan for you guys than it is for me, and that I am a little envious, though, even if I had the opportunity, I don't know that I would often actually make the trip for these kinds of events when only handshake is involved.

Yeah I totally understand what you mean but sometimes you get priceless stuff through handshake events and I'm kind of addicted to that  XD. It totally depends on the member though, certain members are just great with handshake events that'll really leave an impression in your mind.

I met Hii-chan last year to relay SuzukiRyo's message to her and she was very delighted by it and was smiling from one end to another. So I really didn't realize about what is being said about her that time but then again when I went to her there was no one else on the line already and I had extra time talking to her. But there was nothing really special about Hii-chan during handshake, a pretty simple encounter.

Serina, like I've described above was quite a memory.

Umeko was a different level all together for me. She wasn't so good in conversation but she sure as hell is an awesome listener. She even promised to write about me in her blog and in which she really did. It just made me an even more of a fan  :lol:

I'm quite curious with certain members like Yuuna and Gotou because apparently they are famous due to handshake events. I can still remember the extremely long line for Yuuna when I was there the last time. I'm sure there's some special charm to that, otherwise they wouldn't have garnered that much of a follower. Then again, I don't really like to line up in a super long line so I think I'll never go for them anytime soon.

But then again, I'd never travel just for the sake of a handshake event too. Its still very expensive just to travel to Japan to me as well. Normally its just a coincidence for them to hold handshake events when I'm traveling there. Just making the most out of my travels  :lol:

edit : Minor change since Miyake won't be around on Sunday so I'll be switching Miyake to Gotou instead.. Line's gonna be long but.. I guess I'll go to her last when there's not many people.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:46:03 AM by kei_86 »

Offline lnkira

• Member+
« Reply #1826 on: December 19, 2012, 05:04:31 AM »
not regarding handshake event but i kinda have an extra set of 2012 BBM Idoling!!! cards its only the 63 regular cards though

if anyone is interested drop me a PM
i will ship anywhere but wont be express probably gonna take 1-2weeks
payment not required but will be gladly accepted =p

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1827 on: December 19, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »
Hmm, that looks like the first set right? I've got most of those that I want. If it were the second set, I'd be interested :)

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1828 on: December 19, 2012, 12:14:13 PM »
Report of Idoling!!! at Japan Expo 2012:
http://global.idolsnewsnetwork.com/fr/2012/12/17/live-report-du-japan-in-motion-x-nolife-show/

It's in french,but I think we're mostly interested in the many pictures  :P

(damned,I want a press pass next time...! :P)

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #1829 on: December 19, 2012, 12:40:49 PM »
edit : Minor change since Miyake won't be around on Sunday so I'll be switching Miyake to Gotou instead.. Line's gonna be long but.. I guess I'll go to her last when there's not many people.
No Hii-chan  :(
We'll be waiting for the report from you guys. :)
Wow 100th page for the discussion thread  :twothumbs

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1830 on: December 19, 2012, 04:23:27 PM »
Just a reminder to anyone that wants to send messages, if you want your handwritten message pic to be sent please PM me in less than 14 hours to go.

any later than that then I have to write your message by hand.

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1831 on: December 20, 2012, 01:38:37 PM »
Since I mentioned it earlier in the thread, I also just finished one of my custom shirt projects and it turned out really well. The pictures are kinda bad, but it turned out extremely well:

Front:

Back:

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1832 on: December 20, 2012, 01:59:05 PM »
looking good  :thumbsup  Didn't plan to put numbers on the shirt? haha

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #1833 on: December 20, 2012, 06:16:03 PM »
Speaking of custom T-shirt, that Reia fan in the front row wore some pretty awesome T-shirt in #943! XD

That dude was a total pimp for rocking that T-shirt!  :rock:
Feel free to PM me for Japanese to English translations.

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #1834 on: December 20, 2012, 06:23:26 PM »
Speaking of custom T-shirt, that Reia fan in the front row wore some pretty awesome T-shirt in #943! XD

That dude was a total pimp for rocking that T-shirt!  :rock:

What was in the shirt anyway?  :)

Offline strtl

• Member+
« Reply #1835 on: December 20, 2012, 06:41:51 PM »
^this^

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #1836 on: December 20, 2012, 06:44:41 PM »
^this^

Maybe his father? Guy looks pretty old to be a fan of Reia-chan though.  :lol:
Fat guy on the back was smiling shady  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 06:53:34 PM by idolingkyugo »

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1837 on: December 20, 2012, 09:37:06 PM »
^this^

Maybe his father? Guy looks pretty old to be a fan of Reia-chan though.  :lol:
Fat guy on the back was smiling shady  :lol:

when it comes to the idol world, no age is too old to be a fan  :pimp: The guy scored big for sure, rocking that shirt + being in front row during an episode where Reia is main. His life is complete.

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1838 on: December 20, 2012, 10:24:16 PM »
looking good  :thumbsup  Didn't plan to put numbers on the shirt? haha
Nope, I have a couple official numbered shirts of my favorite members, I wanted to make one that was just a general support shirt for the whole group  :)

I did make it from a professional place here, and it actually ends up cheaper than the official shirts.  The picture I took was really bad, but the image on the shirt is crystal clear, colors are all great, etc.  It turned out better than I even expected, maybe I'll take an updated pic later.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 10:57:46 PM by AEUGNewtype »

Offline AEUGNewtype

• Member+
  • ♥ まいぷる ♥
« Reply #1839 on: December 20, 2012, 11:11:03 PM »
^Bro, you should make t-shirts like that Reia fan is wearing! But do ones of other members etc!
I think it would be really hard to find a clean image of a girl like that to get it on a shirt, lol. I might look into it and see how much it would cost.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ai Shinozaki - KAIRAKUSHUGI