JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wang Lee Hom - One World One Dream

Author Topic: The Morning Musume 10th Generation Thread  (Read 82637 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: [News] Morning Musume 10th Generation Auditions
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2011, 11:26:21 PM »
Reposting these for the new page...

Alright let's evaluate this shit and the chances of the finalists:

LOCK
Sara Murakami - Unique and interesting look, was pretty decent in everything, prominently featured
Haruka Kudou - Pro (LOOK AT MY H!P EGG SHIRTS, BITCHES! I BEEN THERE! I DONE THAT!), super cute, unique voice

MAYBE
Ayumi Ishida - The sharp dancer of the bunch, might even know how to sing a bit, so I'd say has a good shot. I'm still not a HUGE fan of her looks tho, but we'll see.

I DON'T THINK SO
Ayumi Miyagi - Tough to say, wasn't featured much, didn't leave much of an impression. I kinda like her in the intro bit though.
Hinako Oogami - She got the dancing down, but, well... that's about it. I find her look a bit unsettling.
Haruna Iikubo - Well, I got nothing. She just wasn't very good. She got a bit of that good old bawlin' screentime tho, so who knows.

SNOWBALL'S CHANCE
Masaki Satou - I think she has a really adorable look... but she was just brutal at singing and dancing.
Meru Tashima - Nope, nope, nope.
Satsuki Miwa - She looks absolutely goofy, and was pretty terrible at everything. I know you admire Aichan, girl, but damn.

WHAT THE FUCK
Fuuka Tanaka - What the shit!? She barely got any screentime at all, and ALL of it, besides the intro, was in the group moments. Whenever you saw her, she was there adorable as ever, but I don't know... tough to win over anyone if you don't get featured. I wanted her to at least give me ear cancer. :(

--

Hey, you know what? Next week, more footage? Yes? Some Fuuka? Everyone singing? Yes? Good. I hope so.

But if I'd have to guess the picks based on just this footage: Sara, Haruka, (Ayumi Ishida) + Surprise Karin. Of course I would pick Fuuka too no matter what she sounds like. :lol:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2011, 11:30:25 PM »
OH SO JUICY

Since Tsunku even toyed with the idea of adding 10 people, I'm giving myself the freedom of listing several 'favourite picks' based on the material so far:

Haruka
My expectations were higher for her than the others and she still surpassed them. Thing is, even being an Egg doesn't make someone automatically awesome, and Haruka is still only 11. I remember when, say, Maana was 11, and she wasn't that great (and she still is a little awkward).
Little Kudo not only was great to watch while dancing, but also sang pretty well and has a different sound from anyone else. She's my 2nd fav voice after Sara.
As for looks, I've been calling her an angel since the first time I saw her because she is that precious.

Oh, O_O Dug this up:
Yeah they aaare, 10TH GEN MANG D:

Haruka has like an angel's face, .......other stuff

Haruka was 10th gen Egg :lol: It'd be pretty awesome if she was Momusu 10th gen, too!

Sara
My favourite voice, which gives her very bad chances of making it.
I think she's a little problematic. She seems to clean up pretty well (as in, she could be v. pretty), but I'm not sure she'd still be pretty enough to be a lead. And I'm not sure Momusu would need a girl with a nice voice to dance in the background. It'd just result in the endless "omg give Sara more lines!!!11" comments at the release of every single, which is sooo... fricking redundant. So I dunno!! Maybe I'm wrong and she'd be a knockout and totally lead Momusu to victory. But I'm not quite sold on that.
If only one of my favourite voices could be picked, I would hope for Haruka over Sara, because Haruka seems more of an all-round ace :3

(IN PINK) Hinako
I think she has very pretty eyes and I was delighted that she picked up the choreography quite fast. I was mostly watching this hoping that she wouldn't screw up, because I think she'd be great once all cleaned up and trained. And hey, she didn't let me down yet.

Haruna (bewildered)
The deer in the headlights.
This girl smiles through her tears. I've found that fascinating as hell ever since Nacchi mentioned a long, long time ago wearing a smile as her shield (possibly related to her being bullied at school, I don't quite remember the details). Her singing is quite awful and all, but she makes me want to root for her. My mamahen alarm goes off. She's a little goofy looking, but in an adorable way.

Fuuka
Didn't see much of her this time, but I still think she'd be fun to watch.

Masaki
She didn't seem to do very well at anything this time, but I couldn't help but be distracted by her face. I just think she's so naturally pretty. A Hokkaido flower eh :3

Then that Ayumi who danced well seemed like an all-round decent girl, so I suppose I should give her props... But she wasn't a personal favourite for me.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2011, 12:38:56 AM »
Hmm...how to make Tsunku's dream of a 10nin 10kie....uh lets see, lets replace:
with
with
with

Offline U.S.S. John E. Badass

• Café 俺
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Let them eat Québec
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2011, 04:09:14 AM »
Nothing comes out of following auditions but disappointment. Still, impressions, sunrises:

Sara: Most potential as a singer, far as I can tell, in which department Ai-chan's departure leaves a bit of a huge gaping hole. Pretty, too.

Ishida Ayumi: Cute, can dance a little.

Iikubo: Looks like an Orval bottle in those overalls.

Oogami: I never trust a girl who has two pairs of MC Hammer pants.

Fuuka: Invisible.

Huh, I like Sara already. And Ishida Ayumi seems promising, but needs some comment footage/something to leave an impression on me.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 04:17:48 AM by U.S.S. John E. Badass »

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2011, 04:45:07 AM »
My top 3 picks after watching the footage.

Ishida Ayumi: A joy to watch while dancing. Singing isn't too bad either. Tsunku needs an immediate impact? Pick her. If she doesn't make it I'll be really pissed. XD

Murakami Sara: I really like her voice. Like really really. She just needs a bit more polish and confidence building and voila! And she doesn't look half bad either.

Kudo Haruka: She's plenty solid, love her singing and expression. Her dancing is no slouch either. I just need some time getting used to her. XD

And that's about it. I haven't really bothered to remember any other names. Lmao. These are the three who actually made an impression on my otherwise fickle mind, so...yeah. Tsunku, please don't screw up. :lol:

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline metoice

• hitomi-chan my darling
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2011, 06:34:28 AM »
i like Ayumi Ishida!! >_<

ก็เพราะฉันหลงทางหลงอยู่กลางใจของเธอ อยู่ไหนก็ใกล้เธอเพราะว่าใจเธอกว้างใหญ่

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2011, 06:14:06 PM »
Wow, it's incredible, but for the first time in many auditions I'm liking the raw material shown here  :twothumbs
I would be surprised if Tsunku were to pick others than Haruka, Sara and Ishida. They're the most obvious choices. But then, this is Tsunku after all :lol:
I like Sara's voice very much, but she needs some polishing and I'm afraid they're going to overdo her vibratto just like they did with Takahashi's. It's pretty effective but you grow tired of it after so many songs.
Haruka shows some experience but her voice is not so stellar. But she's kinda cute.
Ishida is in my opinion the prettiest of the lot, she also has a decent voice and her dancing was energetic as hell. She's my favorite by far.

As for the rest, they are very bland and even in some cases (can't remember their names) I couldn't help but wonder how could they sing Majidesuka Ka! as if they were in a church choir :P Show some spine girls!

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2011, 07:56:27 PM »

Some gifs from the first half. More later if I can be arsed.

Fuuka

Ayumi Ishida

Haruka

Sara

Masaki

Group

---

So many silly skill evaluations! Onward to important stuff: The T-SHIRT EVALUATIONS!

Sara is easy to like, even here. The combo of I LOVE SURF MUSIC and MOTHER FUCKIN PRINCESS is simply brilliant stuff.

Now this is what a H!P pro would naturally wear. These noobs surrounding her better know their PLACE! Or Haruka just might have to choke a bitch.

A glittery glam skull! CUTE! Gotta love how someone in Japan simply decided that the human skull is cute. Ah, what a country.

Aww, it's a cute little bunny wabbit. Hey, wait a minute...

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2011, 05:55:16 AM »
Scary Sensei!!! You Made Pretty girls cry!!! :cry:

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2011, 09:39:38 AM »
Yeah, Natsui sensei is back scaring MM wannabee's  :cow:

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2011, 10:08:36 AM »
My opinion, as copied from another forum where I posted:

Singing AND Dancing won't make the cut: Meru, Satsuki

Singing won't make the cut: Haruna, Masaki

Average - almost good vocals; egg or 10th gen, I'm on the fence:
Oogami Hinako & Miyagi Ayumi

:twothumbs choice for 10kie MM: Haruka, Ishida Ayumi, Sara (AND KARIN, DUH)

Of course, can't tell since there's nothing on her :wth: Tanaka

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline elgie

• Yossi's worth a good jerk
  • Member+
  • Miss you, Jab
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2011, 03:23:56 PM »
Yeah, Natsui sensei is back scaring MM wannabee's  :cow:

Yeah, that's the natural order of things  :mikilaugh:

The voice coach, on the other hand, was too soft. Damn madam, give'em girls some good whipping!!  :whip:

R.I.P. Jabronisaur

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2011, 02:27:54 AM »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2011, 06:33:12 AM »
Have to give all the girls credit, and I know the teachers are really trying to help the girls understand that a lot is expected of them.
Guts from all for not running away........

:shocked:       didn't they just want to

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2011, 09:18:27 PM »

Fuuka & Ayumi appearing with DLH and performing as backdancers, at 23:00 - 28:23 of this Ustream vid. This was apparently recorded yesterday.

Makes one wonder, when they're making these recordings and events so close to the 10th gen announcement... Uh oh!?

Still hoping Fuuka gets in, just coz she's sooooo pretty. Oh so shallow of me. She reminds me of some K-pop gurl although I'm having hard time figuring exactly who right now...

Also got nothing against Ayumi making it really, and she's probably the more polished package if they're going for that. And I'm a huge fan of talent. Never know what they're exactly looking for, tho. It's been pretty apparent that in a lot of cases they don't go for straight-up performing talent at all, but for some completely random qualities like perceived potential and whatnot. :P

Offline Chibs

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Confessed Eriholic
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2011, 01:26:04 AM »
didn't they do another recording previously? perhaps they have some sort of agreement...

Offline resop2

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2011, 04:33:37 AM »
Maybe it is similar to the situation where an independent wrestler is signed by the WWE but still finishes up his pending independent bookings while working for the WWE?

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »

Woot, we are down to eight! Meru and Ayumi Miyagi are gone.

Well, no big loss as far as I'm concerned. Finally some Fuuka screentime, as well. As I expected, her singing is pretty terrifying. Ohwellz. :P

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2011, 07:26:53 PM »
I am now officially rooting for the

~LETHAL HOKKAIDO FLOWER~

[19:52] <Stryfe> what's a flowery face like?
[19:53] <shirenu> lovely features that one's eyes cannot resist. also, in this case, LETHAL FLOWER, for the desire to destory and kill innocent lives

JUST LOOK AT THIS FACE. SHE MEANS BUSINESS.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey all my six favourites are in the final 8! :lol: I'd say my chances of not being disappointed are pretty high... But optimism is SCARY, isn't it?!

Watch out kids...

« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 07:33:51 PM by shirenu »
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2011, 08:13:27 PM »

And the segment in Youtube.

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wang Lee Hom - One World One Dream