JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Crystal Kay - Baby Cop (feat. Mummy-D)

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 997783 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #3300 on: November 12, 2016, 03:36:29 AM »
BroBible.com - Nintendo Is Bringing The NES Classic BACK And It’s Going To Be 30x More Awesome (Release Date, Games, More)
- http://brobible.com/gear/article/nintendo-nes-classic-edition-games-dates/
- https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/753559995849990144
Today is the official release date, so reviews and unboxing videos have started popping up.

IGN.com - NES Classic Edition Review
- http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/11/04/nes-classic-edition-review

Engadget.com - NES Classic Edition review: The best and worst of retro gaming
- https://www.engadget.com/2016/11/11/nes-classic-edition-review/

CNet.com - Nintendo NES Classic Edition review: Mini NES Classic is your childhood in a brilliant little box
- https://www.cnet.com/products/nintendo-nes-classic-edition/review/

Now, for the apparent universal complaints about how short the cords for the control pads are, there are at least 2 third-party accessories that you can buy to take care of it:

a) cable extentions - Amazon.com LINK, or
b) wireless controllers - Amazon.com LINK

Secondly, I still think that Nintendo is missing out by limiting this console to only 30 games. I mean really, when you take into consideration how much data we can fit on something like an SD card these days, Nintendo could easily fit most, if not the entire library of NES games onto, say, 10 or so of those and rake in some additional profit.

Thirdly, is it too early to hope that they come out with a "Classic SNES" console somewhere down the road?
 :on cny2:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3301 on: November 15, 2016, 01:48:27 AM »
Anyone who remembers the Mile High Club achievement from Call of Duty 4 knows it was really hard to get and there's a similar mission and trophy/achievement like it in Titanfall 2. Granted, the enemies don't fight back in this one but it's still all about blasting through the course as fast as possible. I'm glad to have got it (eventually) and here's the proof! Should also serve as a quick example of how fast and fluid the game itself can be if you practice enough.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3302 on: November 18, 2016, 12:43:04 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3303 on: November 26, 2016, 05:58:55 PM »
A gif of my first Mega Kill on Titanfall 2. It's glorious.

This is probably my best match of Attrition yet. Commanding use of my Titan, killing more minions, enemy players and titans than anyone else combining to a total score that's more than double of anyone else in the match. Lots of cool moments in it too like stealing a titan's battery and my Titanfall dropping just in time to immediately take out the titan I stole the battery from. Or phase shifting to avoid being killed by an enemy player and had enough momentum that when I shifted back I was right behind him and gave him a glorious melee execution from behind to add insult to injury. The game never fails to be entertaining, win or lose, that's when you know you have a great game.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #3304 on: November 26, 2016, 10:05:08 PM »
For those of us who grew up during the "Nintendo VS SEGA" wars, this is a bit of an unexpected (though not necessarily unwelcome) way to keep the "fight" going. :P2

BroBible.com - Sega Is Launching A Retro Gaming Console To Rival Nintendo’s Mini NES, And It Comes With 80 Pre-Loaded Games!!
- http://brobible.com/gear/article/sega-mega-drive-retro-console-release/

I'm going to be honest, I forgot that this Sega one was coming out.  :nervous   Anyways, found a few video reviews for it.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3305 on: November 28, 2016, 01:44:53 AM »
What's the advantage of the the mini-NES and mini-MD over emulators?
I venerate ample posteriors and, furthermore, I am unable to fabricate information.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #3306 on: December 02, 2016, 03:45:02 AM »
Death Stranding Goes Full Kojima With Mysterious New Trailer:
http://kotaku.com/death-stranding-goes-full-kojima-with-mysterious-new-tr-1789584228

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #3307 on: December 02, 2016, 08:59:56 PM »
That game looks great and I still have no idea what it is.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3308 on: December 03, 2016, 02:00:17 AM »
I think it's great that it looks so bizarre and there's some big names attached but I want to see gameplay first. I don't think I can take another game of walking around a barren open world listening to audio tapes to get the most of the story like in MGS5. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, it's a new IP and not a sequel to a long running series he didn't want to make and shackled to tie in to the continuity of the game. I've seen enough to be intrigued by the world but I'm not going to dive too deeply into people's analysis of it, still too early. Besides, Kojima's games now attract so much attention that people will have guessed at some point what the basis of the story is. If someone can guess the big twist in MGS5 before it even came out, then surely someone will do the same here and I don't want that.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3309 on: December 03, 2016, 10:32:08 PM »
New MVC CONFIRMED
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #3310 on: December 03, 2016, 11:46:12 PM »
I was okay with not getting a sequel. But after seeing this trialer.....

Beautiful...  :cry:

Anyone notice it's the window from the main screen of the first game?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3311 on: December 04, 2016, 02:44:19 AM »
I'm one of those who thought The Last Of Us ended so perfectly that it didn't warrant a sequel, particularly one with Ellie and Joel again. Now obviously they would never turn down the opportunity for the sequel to one of the most critically adored games of the past few years and as much as I would like to see a fresh new story, Ellie and Joel are brilliant characters so I'll give Naughty Dog the benefit of the doubt and see if they can tell another fantastic story.

Some other note worthy trailers to come out of PSX. I'm excited to know that Yakuza 6 and the remaster of Yakuza 1 are both coming out here.

And a sequel to a game that nobody asked for XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3312 on: December 21, 2016, 02:48:55 AM »
Played Rocket League over the weekend and in a Ranked 2v2 match, I scored a goal within the first min and my teammate voted to forfeit before quickly exiting the game. Don't know what his problem was but it left me in a 2v1 situation for most of the match. Turns out I went on to win it in Overtime at 5-4. One of the best gaming experiences I've ever had, I was so happy. Here it is:

It's also surprising how well I do at Titanfall 2 multiplayer. I'm pretty consistently making it into the Top 3 players, win or lose, and even becoming the top player in each match pretty regularly too. Here's an example of me in action on Bounty Hunt mode completely dominating the match and earning more than half of the total team score by myself.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3313 on: December 26, 2016, 07:13:20 PM »
I'm back to playing Puzzle & Dragons, after a year away. I think they added 1000 monsters while I was gone, good god. Game is still mad fun, though :thumbup

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3314 on: January 02, 2017, 04:57:32 PM »
I convinced my mum to by Talos Principle because it was on sale over Christmas. She usually goes for mindless shooters, but she's wholly immersed in TP :thumbup

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #3315 on: January 02, 2017, 05:09:51 PM »
I convinced my mum to by Talos Principle because it was on sale over Christmas. She usually goes for mindless shooters, but she's wholly immersed in TP :thumbup

Everyone and their mom and their pet hamster should play The Talos Principle, it's one of my fave games of recent years... so, good job. :thumbup

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3316 on: January 03, 2017, 11:34:55 PM »
Really encourage anyone if they can to try the Nier Automata demo. A sequel to RPG cult classic Nier, it's made by Platinum games, specifically from those behind Metal Gear Rising and includes talent from the character artist Akihiko Yoshida famously behind FF Tactics and music by Keiichi Okabe who made the first Nier as well as Tekken. I haven't played the first Nier, but what made it so unique was that it was able to blend a number of game genres together while having a fantastic soundtrack and a very bizarre, unique story and characters. The major issues were down to it's combat which felt pretty repetitive as well as poor performance. Judging by the demo, it has that Platinum games stamp of quality all over it. Solid 60 fps gameplay, Rising style levels of combat and fluidity, great larger than life boss fight, superb art direction and some great music. One thing I've always felt about Platinum games was that while the gameplay is second to none, the stories could be a lot better. I really wanted a game that could merge a brilliant story to Platinum's character action combat and this looks to be that game. There's a question about how much of an RPG this will be rather than just a straight character action game, but in the demo you do collect gold and upgrade items from fallen enemies so there promises to be something there. I really do mean it, if the final game can match what I've seen in the demo, it's going to be one of the games of the year, no question.

I'm playing FFXV at the same time and after playing the demo I wish FFXV had this combat instead, it's smooth, fast and requires further skill. Rather than just hold down a button for mashing hits I want to be able to string my own light/heavy combos together, dodge at the right time, counter...all that good stuff. Just doesn't feel the same in FFXV.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 11:41:30 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #3317 on: January 05, 2017, 07:51:33 AM »
Just finished FFXV. Dem feels at the end...

Still.. wished they expanded a bit more story on the characters. *coughlunacough*

I find that later on in the game with tougher monsters, you can't just button mash. I found that I "died" often that way lol
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 10:06:37 AM by Fenrir »

Online john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #3319 on: January 23, 2017, 11:15:21 AM »
anyone playing r6 siege? we should get a team together

anyhoo my xbox 1 tag is K0BUSHIFaCT0RY (o's are zeros) add me  :onionwhip: :on asmo: :mikilaugh: :sashiko:

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Crystal Kay - Baby Cop (feat. Mummy-D)