JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Jinsei Saikou No Hi (The Best Day of My Life)

Author Topic: Solus (Chapter 15.5 - 01/04)  (Read 45499 times)

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Solus (Chapter 15.5 - 01/04)
« on: June 16, 2009, 07:19:53 PM »
Prologue

Reina opened the door to her new second-floor apartment before swinging it shut again with her foot. She took her coat off and collapsed onto the couch. Several cardboard boxes lay in the middle of the living room, just waiting to be unpacked. She had moved in a week ago but her things were only delivered yesterday.

“Might as well get started on it” Reina grumbles.

Reina was pretty lucky to get this decent two-bedroom apartment with the pathetic salary she gets from her part-time job. In fact, she’s lucky to even get a part-time job that would accommodate her crazy university schedules. Reina decides to change into a more comfortable wear and was opening her closet door when…

“ARRRRRRRRRGH!”
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 04:19:22 PM by badsaints »

Offline Hotaru

• stan dreamcatcher
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SNH48
    • deukkae
Re: Solus
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 09:28:40 PM »
So Reina just moved in. XD

I wonder what happens next. ^_^

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Solus (Chapter 1)
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 01:03:28 PM »
Chapter 1

“ARRRRRRRRRGH!”

“AAAAAAAAAAH!”

“What are you doing here? Who are you?!” Reina asked shocked and amazed all at once.

“Are you a bad person?”

“Not the last time I checked but I could be if you don’t get out of there. Who are you? A closet pervert?”

“Hey that’s mean” the stranger pouted whilst crawling out of the closet.

Increasingly irritated, Reina asked, “What, I repeat, are you doing in my closet? And who are you?”

“My name is Kamei Eri and I was just trying to hide from the robbers. Or at least I thought you were the robber. What are you doing in my house?”

“Kamei san, this is my house since the last seven days. Maybe you’ve got the wrong apartment. Look, I just came back from my job and I need to finish unpacking my stuff. So if you would please show yourself to the door”

“You don’t have to yell at me. I did rent this place from Nakazawa san. Besides where can I go this late night” Eri said with tears in her eyes.

“That’s not my problem. You just have to look for another place”

“I can’t. My parents have gone overseas and I don’t have any other place to stay”

Reina felt her anger rising. She was fed up. Is this some kind of joke? Reina called her landlady Nakazawa Yuko only to reach a half drunk woman at the other line. Since Reina can only afford half the rent, Yuko had taken upon herself to rent the other half of the apartment to another girl. Either that or Reina has to pay full rental.

Reina sighed; it seems she has no choice. She just incurred high expense just to transport her things from Fukuoka. Delivery to another place would eat up whatever money she has left. So, even though all she wanted was to be alone, she agreed to let Eri stay in order to share the rental.

“Fine. Guess I just have to live with you from now on” Reina sighed, “But as long as you stay out of my way and do your share of the housework”

“Mou~ Do I look like an unreliable housemate?” Eri pouted.

“No, you’re just hiding in my closet in the middle of the night”

Having seen Eri under a better lighting, Reina had to admit that this girl is kinda cute, although there’s nothing cute about the situation right now.

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 01:36:27 PM »
Since Reina can only afford half the rent, Yuko had taken upon herself to rent the other half of the apartment to another girl.

lol

“Mou~ Do I look like an unreliable housemate?” Eri pouted.

can't help but  XD

Having seen Eri under a better lighting, Reina had to admit that this girl is kinda cute, although there’s nothing cute about the situation right now.

Yay TanaKame   :cow:

Offline ~happyxcharmy~

• Member+
  • 男人大可不必百口莫辩,女人實在無須楚楚可憐
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 02:10:21 PM »
so...tanakame....hm..
it must be great~

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 04:02:55 PM »
My gawd.
lmaonade.
Eri-chan hiding in Reina's closet in the middle of the night. XD

Offline Michi.Pinku

• Member+
  • Love for Yossie and Tanakame
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 09:08:47 PM »
oooh Interesting  ...
I really hope a Tanakame fic

Offline Hotaru

• stan dreamcatcher
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SNH48
    • deukkae
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 12:05:39 AM »
XD Eri.

Yay, it's Tanakame! :D

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 01:09:21 AM »
Thanks for the posts guys! This is my first fic so I hope I didn't mess up too much   :(

Honestly I haven't really decide on the pairings but since I'm on the TanaKame ship, so yeah its a high possibility  :wub:

Offline Hotaru

• stan dreamcatcher
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SNH48
    • deukkae
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 03:23:16 AM »
^No, you didn't mess up.

Yay, more TanaKame! ^_^

Offline Michi.Pinku

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 03:51:46 AM »
ooow ... Pleaase Tanakamee *-* Tanakame  *.* I don't wanna be annoying but ... I want Tanakame *w*
hahahaa sorry I'm only crazy  :lol:
well, continued it plz

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Solus (Chapter 2)
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 10:07:22 AM »
Chapter 2

Reina’s POV

When I woke up this morning it was already past 8 in the morning. For some reason I felt exhausted. At first my eyelids parted slowly, then they snapped open and I jolted up.

“Shit! I’m gonna be late for my registration!”

I rushed through her shower and made sure my hair is in the right place. That’s very important you know. Can’t leave house looking like a drag. Hmm just enough time for a quick breakfast.

“Good morning to you too”

I heard a familiar voice from the kitchen and turn my head, praying it was just an illusion.

“It’s you. So, it wasn’t a dream?”

“You could have spared me that line. It’s awfully predictable” Eri pouted.

Wow this girl pouts a lot, but it’s really cute though, I thought. Okay bad bad Reina. Didn’t you vow not to care for anyone anymore? That way you won’t get hurt anymore.

“You know, you haven’t told me what you are doing right now” Eri asks.

“Erm, as you can see, I’m actually eating my bread right now”

“Not that. I mean, you seem very young. Are you still studying or wor…” Eri’s question was interrupted by her ringtone.

“Morning Sayu! Okay. I’ll see you later. Bye”

Chance! Let’s get out of here whilst she’s still on the phone. I was opening the door when I heard…

“Bye Reina. Have a safe trip”

My hands paused on the door knob. It’s been so long since someone said that to me. Unconsciously, my vision blurred as moisture formed in my eyes. Why does it hurt so bad?

~~~

Eri’s POV

“Eri you’re late!”

“Heehee sorry Sayu. I couldn’t find any decent socks without any holes in it”

“Oh Eri I swear you can be a dork sometimes. I know! We’re going socks shopping later!”

I can always count on Sayu to make my day brighter. I thought about what happened this morning. Reina was acting cold towards me when she left the house. Okay I mean, she’s cold but this morning…colder. Cold like an ice cream or something. Hmm, I could do with an ice cream right now.

“Eri are you okay? You suddenly spaced off when I’m talking to you”

“Sorry Sayu. Wanna eat ice cream?”

“Huh? Anyway I was asking when you will invite us to your new pad. We can hold a pajamas party!”

Yeah I like that idea. We can invite Ai and Risa too. I felt a heat in my cheeks when I thought of Risa.

“Kame why are you blushing?”

That voice sounds oddly like Risa. Wait! Risa?!

“Risa? I mean Gaki-san? When did you arrive?”

“While you were still communicating with the Eriens” Sayu answer.

“Eri spacing off again?” Risa laughs.

“Tell me about it” Sayu grumbles.

Great. Now I really feel like a dork. Mission to impress Risa: Failed. I saw Ai standing beside Risa looking around the campus.

“Looking for someone Ai? I asked, hoping to change the subject.

“Yeah I’m looking for the new student. Gaki-san and I are in charge of her orientation. But she didn’t report to us this morning. Wonder what happened?”

Ai looked worried when she said that. Must be hard being the student council leader. But at least she had a wonderful sub-leader to depend on. Right. I need to stop blushing whenever I think of Risa. We started walking towards the music room for our dance practice.

“Oh I heard of the new student! A cute girl. O blood group. 1.51m tall. Born 11 November…” Sayu gushes.

“Okay we get it Sayu. I swear you are like a walking search engine when it comes to cute girls” Ai teased.

Our conversation was interrupted when I accidentally knocked into someone. Both of us fell onto the ground. I was about to apologise when I saw who I knocked into.

“You?” I asked, surprised to see her in my school.

“You!”

“Tanaka Reina? I’m Ai from the student council. We were expecting you this morning” Ai introduces herself.

Reina did not answer Ai. Instead, she picked her books off the ground and dragged me away from the group. After walking out of the earshot from the group, Reina stopped and turned to me.

“Kamei-san. By strange coincidence we end up going to the same school. We may be housemates but I don’t see the necessary of being acquaintance in school as well. I would appreciate it if you could keep this relationship of ours a secret and pretend that you don’t know me”

“You could have thought of that before you pulled me away from my friends” I said bitterly. I mean, what is her problem?

I saw Ai came towards us and asked if there’s anything wrong. Reina just shook her head and both of them left for the student council room with Risa.

“Do you know her?” Sayu looked concerned. They must have been puzzled about what just happened.

“Nope. I guess the pajamas party just have to wait”

~~~

OH. MY. GOD. Did an elephant just enter the house? This place look like it’s seen better days. Okay calm down Reina. Just calm down. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY HOUSE???

“Kamei-san what did you do to the house?”

“Oh Tanaka-san. I thought we’re not supposed to know each other?”

“Spare me the sarcastic talk. Why are your clothes all over the house?”

“Oh light up. It’s not that bad”

Reina took in a deep breath before asking politely, “Since I still need to live in this house, can we keep the mess strictly to your room? Please?”

“Okay okay I’ll clean them up”

Reina enters her room. This is her only world to go back to. Her own private sanctuary where she won’t be rejected and won’t have to reject anyone else.  Reina opened her window to let the fresh air in. Full moon tonight. Just like the night she left without saying goodbye. How can the world just carry on as if nothing happened? From that moment on, Reina decides to tuck her shattered dreams and broken dream deep in the corner of her heart.

~~~

It’s been over a month since Reina moved to Tokyo and started her studies at HP University. Life in Tokyo is not that bad if only she wasn’t so bogged down with assignments and projects. Reina still hasn’t made a single acquaintance except for her boss at the bookshop that she’s working at and sometimes Ai. To her credit, Ai did try to bring Reina into her clique but Reina preferred to be alone. Oh, and her relationship with Eri is just passable enough to pass through the day. Eri kept to her request of not talking to her in school. Problem is, Eri refused to say more than a few to her at home too. Reina knows whose fault that is.

Whilst searching for a book, Reina accidently knocked her stuffs off the study table. A photo slipped off from her organizer. Reina picked up the photo. A flood of memories came rushing, bringing back the laughter and also the pain. Reina felt a stab of pain in her heart as she looks at the girl standing next to her in the photo. Nothing quite the same anymore.

“I miss you. I miss you so bad”

The day you slipped away. Was the day I found it won't be the same.

N.B. I wasn't in the best of mind when I wrote this. Please don't hate me  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 06:48:42 PM by badsaints »

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 11:48:03 AM »
My hands paused on the door knob. It’s been so long since someone said that to me. Unconsciously, my vision blurred as moisture formed in my eyes. Why does it hurt so bad?

had her heart broken  :(

“Heehee sorry Sayu. I couldn’t find any decent socks without any holes in it”

lol

Ai and Risa

:cow:

“While you were still communicating with the Eriens” Sayu answer.

:lol:

I would appreciate it if you could keep this relationship of ours a secret and pretend that you don’t know me”

:huhuh

“You could have thought of that before you pulled me away from my friends”

true  XD

“Oh Tanaka-san. I thought we’re not supposed to know each other?”

:lol:

The day you slipped away. Was the day I found it won't be the same.

ouches

That was great  :yep:

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 12:05:19 PM »
Thanks kRisZ. I was listening to "Slipped Away" by Avril Lavigne when I was writing this. Hence the last line. There you have it  :jphip:

Offline ringo-hime

• House of Byuntae
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 03:34:03 PM »
Reina is a broken hearted girl.  :cry:

Ohhh~ more charactes~
LOL, Sayu search engine for cute girls. ahaha.  :yossi:

Offline Hotaru

• stan dreamcatcher
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SNH48
    • deukkae
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 06:45:59 PM »
Sayu. XD

Eri and Reina. XD

Hm, wonder who Reina misses.

Offline Michi.Pinku

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 07:58:52 PM »
oow ... Poor Reina . She misses a girl ...
.__. I want Tanakame xD

Eri loves Risa?  ( Nooou!!! I don't like Gakikame XDD)
Sayu's a little Devil

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 03:15:20 AM »
Wow this girl pouts a lot, but it’s really cute though, I thought. Okay bad bad Reina. Didn’t you vow not to care for anyone anymore? That way you won’t get hurt anymore.
Above all else, this line really stuck out for me. Looks like Reina's been stung, and stung badly.  Badly enough that she's thrown up the proverbial walls all around her to keep her from letting herself get into another situation where she can get stung again.  :(

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Solus (Chapter 3)
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 11:58:08 PM »
@ringo-hime: more characters along the way  :)
@Hotaru: You'll see  8)
@Michi.Pinku: Their relationship definitely improving, though I won't promise anything  :P
@JFC: Yeah Reina went through some bumps in her life  :cry:

Chapter 3

“Ne Princess, wake up!”

“Five more minutes” Reina mumbles.

“You said the same words twenty minutes ago”

Reina heard some clicking sounds and immediately realized what those sounds are. She shot out of bed and chased after the intruder.

“Aika! How many times have I told you not to take pictures of me sleeping?!!”

“Aww but you were so cuuuute”

“Now now girls, isn’t it too early for your morning exercise?” Mama Tanaka laughed at the two girls’ antics.

“But mum! Aika is being mean” Reina sulked.

“Hahaha this will make great headline news for my magazine. The school’s princess at her best” Aika teased.

“Don’t you dare!” Reina threatened menacingly or at least she tried to at her childhood cum best friend.

“That’s enough girls. What are your plans for today?”Mama Tanaka asked.

“Reina is going to be my model for the day”

“Ehhh! No way”

“I’ll buy you some chocolate pudding”

“I will not give in to bribery but okay”

“Can I help you Miss?”

The salesman jolted me out of the daydream. I suddenly realized that I have been standing in front of the shop window for sometimes. I just shook my head and start heading for work.

Aika would have loved that camera.

~~~

Risa and I are on date. How great is that?  Granted Sayu and Ai are also with us but it’s not like their presence really matters. It’s not always that I get to go shopping with Risa. The only problem now is that Risa has been walking next to Ai. I swear if I didn’t know better, I will think that these two are dating. But that’s not possible right Risa? Now if only I can stop being so shy around Risa.

“Isn’t that Reina?” Sayu pointed across the street.

I directed my eyes to the direction Sayu was pointing. True enough, Reina was standing outside a camera shop and looking at a certain camera. Funny. She didn’t look like someone who likes to photograph anything. More like a cold supermodel with her haughty attitude. Before I knew it we were walking towards Reina.

“Hi Reina” Sayu greets cheerfully.

Sayu with her flirt mode on. It’s kind of entertaining actually. So far, no guys (or girls for that matter) could ever resist Sayu sexy cuteness. However, Reina clearly looks uncomfortable especially when Sayu hooking her arm around her own. Hmmm Sayu’s new target? Things are getting interesting.

“Hey all,” Reina forced a small smile.

“Oooh I didn’t know you love photography, and yes I’ll be your model. Consider yourself lucky to know the cutest girl in the world.” Sayu fluttered her long eyelashes.

“Sayu, stop teasing Reina” Ai chided Sayu. Reina gave Ai a grateful look for saving her from Sayu. Who can blame her? Sayu can be scary sometimes.

“Aww I was serious” Sayu pouted.

“By the way, do you want to join us? We’re going for some cakes at this new teashop” Ai asked Reina. Don’t know why but I was kinda hoping Reina will say yes.

“Erm no thank you. I have to work actually.”

Oh yeah. I was always curious on why Reina comes home late on certain days. So that’s what she’s being doing. Since Risa wants to buy some comics, we ended up in the bookstore where Reina is current working.

“Welcome!” A pretty lady greets us as we walk into the bookstore.

“I’m here Abe-san. And these girls from my university wants to buy some books” Reina said before she went into a small office at the end of the shop and left us there.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Abe Natsumi. The shop’s owner. It’s nice to see Reina-chan has some friends to hang out with. I was getting worried about her. Please take care of her,” Abe-san bowed slightly.

“Don’t worry Abe-san. We will,” Ai returned the gesture.

Abe-san excused herself and invites us to come again whenever we want. Looking around, this seems like a cozy place to be in. Maybe I’ll visit Reina again with the others next time.

~~~

I’m so tired. There were more customers than usual since a new novel from a famous author arrived today. I’m gonna head for a quick shower and straight to bed once I reach home.

“Welcome back Tanaka-san,” Eri called from the couch.

“…I’m home”

“I bought you some cakes. It’s in the fridge if you want to eat them” Eri said sweetly.

“Thanks. You shouldn’t have”

Awkward silence. It feels weird having someone being nice to you, especially after being a recluse for so long. Especially if that someone is as sweet as Eri who doesn’t expect anything back from me. Not that I have anything to offer anyway. Eri is trying her best to be a good housemate but I can’t bring myself to do the same.

“You shouldn’t be nice to me Eri. I’ll bring you nothing but pain”

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 05:43:44 PM »
o-o

So it's Aika? Hmm well I was expecting it to be Maki since many people like to write her as Reina's past... but this is way more amusing! xD

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Jinsei Saikou No Hi (The Best Day of My Life)