JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Naht - Irritating

Author Topic: Too Young: Seasonz  (Read 44999 times)

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Too Young: Seasonz
« on: May 27, 2006, 12:39:54 PM »
Whee! Another fanfic this week. I wanted to try a non-perv so pardon me coz  I'm not really into mushy stuff.

Note. The persona in the story has the same age as her.

I always thought that diaries were for girls but something inside me that I had to put this in writing. It's about this girl, Sugaya. Yes, the same Sugaya in Berryz Koubou. She's my classmate in school.

Thanks to our names, we sit next to each other. We also share some of the duties like cleaning the room after class. But we didn't talk to each other. Actually, I was afraid to talk to her. Though some of our classmates can talk to her easily, I didn't have the guts even to say 'ohayo' to her. I know that she's an idol but that's not the reason why I couldn't talk to her. But that soon changed.

A month ago, she didn't go to class for a whole week. They were having these rehearsals for one of their major concerts. I went to school early the following week but I didn't expect to see her there before me. I just remembered that our exams were fast approaching.
"Can I please have a look at your notes?" She said.
It took a while before I replied. I answered her question by handing her my notebook.
"Wow, your handwriting's nice."
"Thanks." This is the first word I ever said to her.
As she browsed through my notebook, I saw it in her face that she was having a hard time in understanding what our lesson was for the previous week. I wanted to ask her something but it felt like my throat was clogged. I took whatever courage I had in me and I was finally able to speak.
"I... I can help you with our lessons last week. If you like."
She looked at me and I didn't like the way her eyes pierced through me.
"So this is how it ends." I thought. I was finally able to talk to her and now our future conversations were threatened by my question.
"My place, after class later. By the way, can I copy your notes now?"
I simply nodded.

I couldn't wait for class to be over that day.

The final bell rang and I started packing my things. I saw her still copying my notes while saying goodbye to some of our classmates. We waited until we were the only ones left before we headed to her house. She told me to be at least a meter away from her when we walked, for she didn't want to give people some ideas. We arrived at her house after thirty minutes of walking. She introduced me her mom and asked me to wait downstairs for she had to change and clean her room first. Waiting for her felt like forever, well she was a girl after all. She came down and told me that I can already go upstairs. She looks different when she's not wearing her uniform, no, she looks better.

Her room was full of posters and dolls, posters of her and the other girls.  There was a small table with two chairs in the center. She told me to take a seat. I sat down and she also sat down on the other chair. We sat next to each other in the classroom but not this close. I tried to teach her our lessons the best I could for I was distracted. There was something in the way she looked at me and it made me feel uncomfortable and confident at the same time. Every time our elbows touched, I felt something different. Yes, her skin was smooth and perfect but there was more. I thought it was just coincidence that she was my classmate but now I feel that it was something meant for me and I feel that I'm the luckiest person in the world right now.

Good thing she was a fast learner. Perhaps she really wanted to learn, and not just do this or the sake of passing the exam. After we finished with our lessons, the topic became personal. She started talking about herself and how it was being an idol. I never knew what she had to endure as an idol but I'm happy for her. I never thought I'd see this side of her. I thought that idols were stuck-up but if more were like her, I'd be willing to buy their stuff.
Then she began asking me questions.
"Do you buy our singles?" She asked me.
"Um. No." I was honest. I was really not into music.
She looked angry but there was a smile in her face. "Why?" she asked.
"Because they're always sold out." I made this up but this was probably enough to save my ass though.
She laughed as she opened one of her drawers and brought out a CD.
"Here. It's our latest. You should see some of our concerts"
"Thanks. I would really want to watch you but I can't afford tickets. I couldn't even afford your singles." I told her but I think she wasn't listening.
She was on the cover. I looked at her as she started reading my notes again. She looks better in person.
"You're the first boy in my room. Well next to my dad actually." She said.
"Well, that is something I should be proud of, right?"  Our laughter filled the room.
It was already getting dark and I was afraid that our time together was finally going to end. But she said something that I wasn't really expecting.
"You can drop by again tomorrow, if you have time."
I couldn't say no.

A week after our exams, the results were posted and I saw that we had the same score, with only a few mistakes. I was happy for her but she wasn't there to see it for she was at the rehearsals again. She called me on my cell phone that night and I told her about the results. You can feel her jubilee from her voice alone.
"Check your notebook." She said before she hung up.
I thought she was playing me again but as I skimmed through the pages of my notebook, I saw something that wasn't there before. It was a ticket to their concert.

I arrived at the concert area early but I wasn't expecting this many people. When the guards asked us to fall in line, the people started pushing and shoving each other.I didn't mind even if I got to enter last because I had a seat saved for me, thanks to her. Suddenly, someone bumped me from behind.
"Get out of the way kid!" It was a weird old man, probably three times my age who wore this strange coat covered with writings and pictures of Morning Musume.
I didn't wait for him to apologize even if it was his fault. The guards finally fixed the line. "At last!" I said. As I reached inside my pockets, my hands became numb, like it was bit by a venomous snake. At first, I didn't want to believe it but as I checked again, my tickets were really missing. I ran to the guard to report it and as I arrived there, I saw the old man who bumped me earlier handing my ticket to the usher.
"That's my ticket!" I said. "Sugaya gave that to me!"
"You're name's not on it, kid. If you don't have a ticket, you can go home now." The other men who were in line started laughing. I heard words like stupid, crazy, delusional and a lot more but I didn't mind them. What I was thinking was how was I going to tell her why I wasn't there. After a few minutes, I was all alone outside. All of them got to enter, even that old man. I feel defeated as I walked home.

The rain made it worse.

My phone rang in the middle of the night. I didn't want to answer it but I saw Sugaya's name.
"I didn't see you there." She said then she hung up.
So that is how it ended...

The following week she didn't go to class again. I did my best to write down notes but the empty chair beside me reminded me of the first time we talked, my first words to her, the time we spent in her room. Now they're just part of the past, something we can't go back to. I tried listening to the CD she gave me so I can reminisce those moments. Though they were singing as a group, her voice was the only one I could hear. Even if the song was nice, the more it made me lonely. What made it worse was I can still the face of the old man and the laughter of the others who didn't believe me when I said that it was her who gave me that ticket.

This week, I went to school early and I saw her sitting in the chair that was empty a week ago.
She looked at me but didn't say a word.
I sat down and started writing what you're reading right now.
"My place, after class later. I know I missed a lot last week. I want to catch up."
Her voice was enough to stop me from finishing this entry but she also placed her hand on top of mine so I'd stop writing. I have to end it here because she wants to borrow my notebook.
Next time, I'll tell you what happened today.

One last thing, she told me that Kumai is coming over her house later too. :)

==========================================================
This is from Risako's POV. Thanks to Maliciel for the idea. My original plan was to make one for each Berryz but I think it would be better if it would revolve around a few characters only then get the other members involved. Please tell me if I pulled this one right. Man, it's hard writing from a girl's POV. Anyway, enjoy. :)

It's been a while since I last wrote here. There's been a lot in my mind lately but I know just where I should start. It's about this boy. He's one of my classmates in school. I don't know how he did it, but he made me fall for him.

It's a long story.

Ever since the first day of school, we've been seatmates. We also usually get paired to do class chores. But we rarely talked. I thought that there was something weird about him because everything I do gets noticed by everyone, except him. He made me feel insecure.
When I have a new hairstyle, new shoes, when I recite, I get everybody else's attention but his. I wanted to know why. Perhaps he didn't know that I was a member of Berryz Koubou. I thought about this because he wasn't like the other boys who always sent me letters asking if I can go out with them though they know what my answer would be.

He was a mystery to me.

I tried my best to get his attention. I'd greet him every morning but all he does is smile back at me. I only hear his voice whenever he answers the teacher's questions. Honestly, I like his voice. It's probably one of the reasons why I'd like to talk to him, even a short conversation would be nice. Soon enough, I had the conversation I wanted.

It was after I came back from our rehearsals for one of our concerts. I didn't go to class for a whole week. A week after this, it would be our exams so I had to study and catch up on whatever lessons I missed. I was the first one in our classroom that day but I didn't expect him to be the next one to arrive, of course he just zipped by like I didn't even exist. I knew that he always jotted down notes so I approached him to see if I can borrow his notes.
"Can I please have a look at your notes?" I said.
It took a while before he answered. Then he handed his notebook to me.
"Wow, your handwriting's nice." I was impressed. For a boy, he writes really well, even better than me, I think.
"Thanks." I expected more than one word to come out from him but this was enough. If I could choose the first word he would say to me, this would be one of them.
Thanks to his handwriting, I didn't have problems in reading his notes but the topics written in it were new to me. I didn't have any idea what they were.
I wanted to ask him what our lessons were about but I was afraid he'll just answer me with one word again.
"I... I can help you with our lessons last week. If you like." He said.
He caught me by surprise. I never thought he'd do that for me. There was something in his voice that wasn't there from the other boys: sincerity.
"My place, after class later. By the way, can I copy your notes now?" My answer came out faster than I can blink.
He simply nodded.

I couldn't wait for class to end that day.

The final bell rang but I wasn't done copying his notes. I did it in purpose so that I can get him to talk to me but it didn't work. While waiting for me to finish, he just looked outside the window. When I was done, I told him that we had to walk at least a meter from each another. I didn't want people to get some ideas. Though I'm used to walking alone while going home, walking with him made me feel lonelier because the distance between us reminded me how it was to be an idol, about the sacrifices I have to make.

When we arrived at my house, I introduced him to my mom and asked him to wait for me for I had to change first. I had a hard time choosing which clothes to wear. My mom always told me that what I wear at home were real skimpy but I asked Kumai and Natsuyaki about it and they told me that it's what they wear at home too. I never thought that I'd have a boy in my house. I just changed to what I felt was comfortable then I asked him to come up to my room. I noticed that he couldn't keep his eyes off me after I changed. Finally, I was able to get his attention.

I have a small table with two chairs in my room. We sat together and he started teaching me what I missed the previous week. If he couldn't his eyes off me a while ago, now it was my turn. It was the first time I was able to look at him real close, and I admit, he has looks. Aside from that, I was enjoying his lecture for it was really easy to understand and I could interrupt him when I had questions. It opened up a side of him that I didn't see in class. When our elbows touched, I would see him looking at me and when he sees me looking back, he'd blush and look away. When we were finished with our lessons, I wanted to know more about him so I began by talking about my experiences as a member of an idol group. I knew that he was listening though he was reading our books. Then I asked him a question.
"Do you buy our singles?" This may be a dumb question for I had a feeling that he's not really into music.
"Um. No." Just as I thought. I tried to look mad but I can't wipe off the smile on my face.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because they're always sold out." I couldn't stop myself from laughing at his answer. I opened my drawer and gave him a copy of our latest single. I also took one ticket for our concert but I didn't show it to him.
"You should go see our concert." I said to him as I handed the CD. I took his notebook again, pretended to read it but actually I tried to slip the ticket inside. I can hear him say that he couldn't afford tickets. I guess that giving him this ticket is enough to thank him for reminding me of the things I missed.
"You're the first boy in my room. Well next to my dad actually." I told him.
"Well, that is something I should be proud of, right?"  Our laughter filled the room.
It was already getting dark and I was afraid that our time together was finally going to end. I wanted to be with him longer. I know that we'll be seeing each other in class tomorrow but it won't be the same as this. I haven't have this much fun with a boy since I became part of Hello! Project. It's not that I'm tired of being an idol but being with him makes me feel that I'm a normal girl again. I always wanted to feel this way again.
"You can drop by again tomorrow, if you have time." I said.
He didn't answer but I knew that he accepted my invitation.

That week, I had the best time of my life. I was looking forward to our study sessions after class than going to school itself. He gave me confidence and I felt that I could take the exams anytime. The more we spent time together, the more he opened up and the more I realized what I've been missing. His intentions were pure and I never felt like this around someone. It was soon that I noticed that I was developing certain feelings for him. Then it came to me. If I had a reason to quit being an idol, it would be to finish my studies. And the other reason would be him. It may be a selfish reason but I’m willing to do it. For him.

After the exams, I had to attend our rehearsals again. I called him to ask how I did. He told me the results of our exams and I was very happy with it. I thanked him and told him to check his notebook. He called after a few minutes.
“Thanks.” He said.

Thanks. The first word he ever said to me but even though how many times I here it from him, I never get tired.

It was the day of the concert. I couldn't wait for it to start and I couldn't hide my excitement. Kumai noticed it too.
"It looks like you're really excited today. Is there something wrong with you?" She asked jokingly.
"Someone special is going to watch me tonight." I said as my face turned red. "I'm going to introduce him to you in a few days."
"Him?" She couldn't believe what I just said but I know I could trust her. Of all the girls, she was the one closest to me, probably because of our age.
"Sure. But he better not make you cry." She said as she embraced me.

Before the performance, I peeked behind the curtains and tried to look at the seat I gave to him but I saw someone else in there. I was crushed. I expected him to be there. I know that ticket was expensive but I didn't care how much it cost. His presence was more important to me. I was scared because it seems that he didn't have any feelings for me like the ones I have for him. I was never hurt like this before. I wanted to cry but I felt that if I did, I wouldn't stop anymore. Kumai noticed me again.
"He's not here, isn't he?"
I didn't answer for it was obvious.
I wanted the concert to be done so I can go home.

When I got home, I called him. I didn't expect him to answer but he did. His voice was the same but the feelings inside me made me feel like I was talking to someone I didn't know.
"I didn't see you there." Those were the only words I said and I hung up.
He tried calling me but I didn't answer him. Than night, I cried until I ran out of tears.

He didn't call me again.

We were called to go to Up Front's office a few days later to celebrate the concert's success. I was about to go inside when I overheard some of the guards talking about this kid during the concert who wanted to enter but didn't have a ticket. One of the guards said that the kid was claiming that one of the older fans stole his ticket and it was Sugaya who gave him the ticket. They also said that it was impossible for a kid his age to get front row seats. They laughed at his situation and they said that the kid must be nuts. I wanted to confront them but I was already in tears. I didn't go to the party anymore.

I went home and I tried calling him. I don't know how many times I tried but he didn't answer even once. I wanted to hear his voice again. Even for one last time. Even if what he would say is goodbye.

I really miss him.

I asked Kumai to come over tomorrow so I can introduce him. She told me that he wants to meet the boy who made me cry and teach him a lesson. I told her that she doesn't have to for I feel that it would be the first and last time I'd cry because of him.

I know that I’m still young but I’m certain of what I feel for him. I realized that he’s the only one for me.

Yes. It is a selfish reason, but I’m willing to give up being an idol, just for him.

It's Sunday today. I'll sleep early tonight so I can go to school early tomorrow. So I can see him again. I’m not sure if it everything would be the same as before but I’m hoping that it would be.

I can’t wait.

==========================================================

I can't believe what just happened today. I'm happy because I got to see and talk to Sugaya again. But it’s not just because of that.

A few weeks ago, I was sitting beside an empty chair in our classroom. That was exactly how I felt too, empty. I missed the times when she was there even if I felt that she doesn't know I exist. Her presence before always reminded me that I was sitting beside an idol, someone who's famous in our country. It was kind of intimidating and it could be the reason why I was afraid to talk to her. But for some strange reason, it was the same thing that made my day complete. After the first time I went to her house, whenever I glance at it, I see her already looking at me with a smile on her face. The intimidation I felt before is now gone but my day was still complete. Thanks to her smile.

Sugaya asked me to go to her place later again. Of course, I couldn't say no to her. After what happened, I thought that she'd never talk to me again. I'm just glad.

I couldn't wait for class to be over that day. Just like the first time she asked me to go to her place.

As we prepared to leave school grounds, I made sure that I was at least a meter away from her.
"You don't have to do that anymore." She said as she walked closer to me and held my hand.
She held my hand. In front of other people.
I.
She caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting this. I heard the other kids saying 'Ooohh!', 'How sweet!', 'They're a cute pair!', etc. All eyes were on us. I know a lot of other boys admired her, even those who were older than us. I'm not sure what she saw in me. I wanted to hide because of embarrassment but I raised my head up high for Sugaya was beside me, holding my hand. I wanted to hold her hand a long time ago.
"You're turning red." She said as she swayed our arms. "Come on!"

Usually the walk to her house would last for 30 minutes. This time, it seemed longer. Walking to her house as we held hands seemed to make time pass by slowly. It's not that I'm complaining, I just find it unusual and wonderful at the same time. The smile on her face was different from before. I'm not sure but I think she has feelings for me. I want her to know that I have feelings for her as well. I love this girl.

Her mom was the only one at home, as usual. Sugaya didn't ask me to wait for her downstairs anymore. She dragged me to her room and closed the door. She embraced me from behind. I couldn't move. No, I didn't want to move. I wanted that moment to last forever. There we were. I was with Sugaya Risako, a member of Berryz Koubou, an idol, a girl. A girl who I was afraid to talk to before. A girl who can always get everyone's attention. A girl who I thought didn't have feelings for me. The girl of my dreams.
"I missed you." She said as she let go.
I turned around and placed my hands on her shoulders.
"I missed you too." I said. At that moment, I wanted to kiss her. But I just remembered that I haven't kissed a girl before, well except my mom. Also, I'm not sure if she wanted me too. Until she closed her eyes and leaned her head a bit forward. She's so beautiful. The light outside the window made her more radiant. I placed my left hand to her side and the other under her chin as I leaned a bit forward too.

A few inches and my lips would meet hers. I'm not sure how a first kiss would taste. I imagined that her soft, pink lips would taste sweet, as sweet as candy. It felt like the time we were in this situation was longer than the time when we walked towards her house. The room was quiet and I could hear my heart beating fast. I bet she can hear it too.

A few centimeters and I would be kissing her. This is it. I would be kissing Sugaya. I closed my eyes as I leaned closer.

A few seconds and our lips would touch. Just a bit closer...3,2,1...

Then we heard a knock at the door. It was her mom. She’s saying that Kumai's already downstairs. I opened my eyes before she did. I saw her face turn red before she looked away. I wonder if my face turned red too.

"We'll be down in a minute, mom!" She said. She asked me to take a seat on the chair I usually sat on whenever we studied. She said she had to change first.

"Don't peek!" She added.

Of course I didn't. Well, do accidents count? You see the table had our textbooks on it so I browsed through them as she was changing her clothes. I looked in front of me and of all the time I've been to her room, this is the first time I noticed the mirror there on the wall. And I saw her as she was changing. I waited for her to look back so I could stop staring but she didn't. I was frozen there until she was finished. Anyway, I didn't do it intentionally so I guess I'm safe.

She said that she'll be the one to go down to get Kumai. I wondered what kind of girl Kumai was. The only thing I know about her is she's the one with long black hair in their videos. Aside from that, nothing. I'm hoping that she'd be like Sugaya, who was very friendly, smart and sweet once you got to know her. I always thought that idols were stuck-up but thanks to her, now I understand why she seemed cold at first. They have a lot of sacrifices to make.

The door opened and I stood up. I bowed as she introduced me to Kumai, who was also very pretty. And tall. I think she's taller than me. The clothes she wore were fashionable and looked expensive but I guess being an idol, they can buy a lot of stuff they want with what they earn. I'm sure Sugaya has expensive clothes like that too. From the way she was dressed, you'd know that she was a head turner in their school too, someone who gets everybody's attention. What caught my attention was her bracelet which had small bells that tingle whenever she moved her hands. The sound of the chimes was soothing and I like it. But there was something I didn't like. I didn't like the way she looked at me. It's like she was sizing me up. Her eyes were telling me that she didn't want me for her friend. She also had the same intimidating aura I felt from Sugaya when I first met her. But after a few seconds, she whispered something to Sugaya and they burst with laughter. The look she gave me earlier was gone. Now she had a bright smile on her face. She bowed and extended her hand to me. When we shook hands, I knew why she was the first one Sugaya wanted me to meet. She was very warm and friendly. She knew that I'd get along with her easily. I just hope that the other girls form their group would be as friendly as her. And I just confirmed that we have the same height.

Sugaya left us for a while as she went down to get some snacks. Kumai sat on the other chair across the table. She didn't waste any time. She started asking me questions.
"How many letters did you give to Sugaya?" She said.
"I haven't written any for her."
"So what did you do that others didn't?" She said. "I'm sure that you're not the only boy in your school who's interested in her. It's the first time I've seen Sugaya act like this. You've done something to her, haven't you?"
"Well except for teaching her the lessons that she missed in class, I haven't done anything to her." I said.
"Sure?" she added.
"Sure." I said.
"You were the one she was expecting during the concert. Why weren't you there?"
"Something happened. It's a long story." I said.
"I see. But because of that you made her cry. I don't like people who make my friends cry, especially when it's a guy."
"I didn't know that she cried. I had no intention of doing that. And it won't happen again."
Kumai then leaned closer, her face was just a few inches away from mine, almost the same distance when I was about to kiss Sugaya. Looking at her from this range made me forget about Sugaya, for 5 seconds or more, I think. Long-haired girls like her were my weakness before and I'd do anything to get their attention. Now, one of them, probably one of the most attractive girls my age alongside Sugaya, was in front of me, within kissing distance. I also imagined if her lips were sweet, as sweet as candy.

The sound of the bells brought me back to my senses.

Great.

"Have you kissed her?" She asked.
It's like she can read my mind. I was thinking about kissing and this is the question she asks me. I didn't answer right away. I wanted to tell her that I almost kissed her friend if it wasn't for her wrong timing earlier.
"Well..." I was about to say 'almost' but Sugaya came back with some juice and cakes and she said that we should start with the study sessions. It seems like Kumai also needed to catch up with their lessons. Good thing our lessons were similar and like Sugaya, she's not just studying for the sake of passing, which made my job a lot easier.
"Your handwriting's nice." Kumai said. So she noticed it too.

After we finished with our lessons, we got to talk about other things. Kumai talked about how her school life was like. She told us how letters would flow out of her locker whever she opened it and how she would stuff them in her bag, only to organize them according to who wrote them when she gets home. And how she has to put up with it everyday.
"I read some of them and some are actually nice. I gave some to Chinami the other day and she said that some of them are worth reading. I'll give some of them to you next time, Sugaya."
"Okay, but I'm not sure when I can read them. I have to catch up with the lessons first."
"Hey you didn't answer my question earlier. Have you kissed her?" Kumai asked me.
Sugaya and I looked at each other. Her face turned red again.
"Not yet." She answered for me.
Kumai giggled. "So you won't mind if I kiss him?" She said. "She's my type too, Sugaya."
I couldn't believe what she just said. Same goes for Sugaya. Her eyes were wide open after those words came out of Kumai's mouth.
"That's not funny Kumai!" There was anger in her voice, something that I haven't felt from her before. Also, it had a tone like she was on the verge of crying.
"Calm down, I'm just kidding." Kumai said.
Sugaya's eyebrows said that she's still angry at what Kumai said.
"Seriously, do you think I'd do that to you?" Kumai tried to cool her down.             
"No you won't. I trust you, Kumai." Sugaya said. "Sorry if I yelled at you."
"I was just teasing you. I've never seen you like this before. It looks like you really have feelings for him. I won't get in the way."
Kumai looked at me as she said this. I didn't like the look in her eyes again. This time it was telling me that she just said that to calm Sugaya down.
I'm not really sure if she didn't mean what she said, that I was her type too. I guess only she can answer that.
I know that Sugaya and I aren't officially a couple yet. But I won't do anything to jeopardize the way we are now.

I went home tonight knowing that Sugaya had feelings for me as well. I'm happy. I thought it was impossible for someone as famous as her to but somehow, it happened. I wouldn't waste the feelings she has for me and I would treasure every moment I spend with her. I won't forgive myself if she cries again because of me.

I was browsing my notes a while ago when I saw something I didn't write. I checked the handwriting and it wasn't Sugaya's either.

"If Sugaya doesn't take good care of you, I just might take you away from her."

As I read that, I swear I heard the bells from her bracelet again.

Today was just unbelievable.

=====================================================

Writing here now has become a habit for me.

It's Saturday today. I had nothing planned to do. I just stayed in my room, daydreaming about what happened a few days ago. Meeting Kumai was nice but it kinda bugged me too. Yes, she's cute too, but Sugaya has something that she lacks. It's not her eyes, not her smile, not her voice. Though I'm not sure what it is but it's that certain something that made me fall for her, Sugaya, I mean.  Up to now, I was also still wondering what her lips would have tasted. I know I won't get a chance to kiss Sugaya again soon but I can wait for that time to come.

She told me she'd be busy this weekend, busy for their new album. She also told me that we could go out after the release of the album, but not just the two of us. Come to think of it, we've never been on an actual date. We're still kids but I'm sure that there will be photographers wherever there are idols. I'm not even sure I can be in a purikura with her. I don't want her career to get ruined because of me. I know that there's a bright future for her in what she's doing right now and all I can do is give her my full support. And do my best not to screw up her career.

I was watching some of the shows I usually watch on Saturdays when my celphone rang. I didn't want to answer it at first because what I was watching started getting interesting but it was Sugaya's number.
"Hello." I said.
"What's up?" She said. But it wasn't Sugaya's voice. I can hear other voices in the background, giggling.
"May I know who's on the line?" I asked politely. "Is that you, Sugaya?"
"Sugaya was right. You have a nice voice. This is Shimi."
Shimi? I know I heard that name before.
"Shimizu Saki? The captain of Berryz Koubou?" I asked.
"Yes. You're right."
I don't know how to address her but I do know that she's older than me.
"It's a pleasure to talk with you, Ma'am."
"What's with the 'Ma'am'? Come on, our ages aren't that far. Stop calling me Ma'am"
"OK. Ma'am." I didn't say that on purpose. I can hear her and other voices laughing on the other line.
"Hello." It wasn't the captain's voice anymore. It was high pitched and kind of squeaky. But cute. I recognized it because I hear it a lot from most of their songs.
"Please correct me if I'm wrong, but are you Miss Momoko?" I asked.
"You're too polite. Just call me Momo." 
"OK. You were funny when you were in Music Fighter. I'm sorry you lost to Ms. Aoki"
"Ha ha.Thanks. Ms. Aoki's not normal, I didn't have a chance." From her voice I can tell than that she's very competitive.
"Please don't call me Ma'am too." It was a different voice again, but it was very enthusiastic.
"Let me guess, you're Miss Chinami, right?"
"I guess 'Miss' would be fine. Funny. You called Shimi 'Ma'am' ha ha ha."
"I think it's cute." I can hear the captain reacting in the background.
"Hi." It was another voice again. Those were her only words but I could feel that she was shy and sophisticated. Also, I recognized the voice because like Momo, I can hear it
from ther songs a lot too.
"Natsuyaki?" I said.
"You're good. You can guess by just hearing our voices. Nice to meet you." I always thought that she was one of the serious and bratty members but she's just like us, still a kid. Her laughter says so.
"I guess you also know who I am then?" Again it was a different voice. It wasn't Kumai's and it wasn't Sugaya's.
"Sudou Maasa. Right?" I didn't know much about her like the others, except that she's tall and pretty like Kumai.
"Yes. Nice to meet you too. Thanks for not calling me 'Ma'am'."
"Hello." Finally, a voice I knew.
"Kumai. How are you doing?"
"I'm fine but I'm tired because of our practice. What about you? What are you doing?"
"Nothing." I said.
She lowered her voice.
"You made Sugaya fall for you by doing nothing and right now you're still doing nothing. Don't you realize how lucky you are? Don't you have a romantic side in you?" She said though I wasn't sure if she was serious.

I was silent for a few seconds. I got nervous for I'm afraid that I didn't have the answer to her question, about having a romantic side. I read somewhere before that people get romantic when they're in love but it's not working for me. What Kumai said gave me doubts. Is this really love I have for Sugaya or something else?

"Hey, I'm just kidding. Don't take it too hard. I know there's a reason why Sugaya likes you and it's not my business to find out. Just remember, don't make her cry."
She didn't mention that thing she wrote on my notebook.
"I won't."
"Hello. What were you talking about?" It was Sugaya at last. Hearing her voice calmed me down but didn't take my doubts away.
"Nothing much. Looks like you’re having fun with you rehearsals. Have you eaten already?"
"Yes, thanks for asking. Practice was hard today. But thinking of you gives keeps me going, you know."
After hearing those words, I could feel her gently placing her hand on my cheek and looking at me directly in the eye. What she said made me speechless. No one has ever told me that in my entire life. I still had doubts about my feelings but after hearing what she said, I felt something unbelievable and indescribable. Perhaps this is what they call love. Yes. Now I'm sure it's love that I have for her.
There was dead air for 20 seconds.
"Still there?"
"I..." I love you. That's what I wanted to tell her that but I think this is not yet the time.
"Do you like flowers?" I asked.
"Why?"
"Just curious."
"Yes. Oh, we have to go now. I'll try to call you again later. Bye!"
"Do your best!" I said as she ended the call.

God, I suck at this. I checked my wallet to see if I still have money. I'm planning to buy her flowers but I wasn't sure what her favorite was so I was thinking of buying assorted flowers to make a bouquet. Anyway, it's going to be weeks before I'll see her again so I'd have a lot of time to save. I hope that by that time I'd be more confident.

Another unbelievable day. I got to talk to the members of Berryz Koubou, something impossible to do, even for hardcore fans. Guess I'm really lucky.

This is all for now. Next time I write here, it'll probably after our 'date'. Wish me luck.

====================================================

Sugaya called me earlier today and asked to drop by her house in the afternoon. I don't know what's up but she sounded happy since they're already finished their rehearsals and their album's been released. I don't know about its sales but it was probably sold out on the first day.

I haven't seen her for a long time but we talked a lot on the phone every time she was on break. Talking to her was enough to forget my longing to see her again. I also got to talk to the other members of Berryz Koubou. Momo was the most talkative of them. It seems that she never runs out of stories to tell. Captain Saki was fun to talk too also. Talking to the others gave me less time to talk to Sugaya but I didn't mind it because I enjoyed talking with them. Actually, it's a privilege talking with Berryz Koubou. Each of them had a different personality and even if some of them were older than me, I was able to connect with them.

I checked my wallet again if I had the money to buy Sugaya flowers. I have money but I don't know if it will be enough. I also didn't know what kind of flowers she liked. I guess I'll have to go with my original plan, buying a variety of flowers to make a bouquet. I know it's a lame idea but it's all I can think of. I also wrote something for her and I'm going to attach it to the bouquet when I give it to her.

It's the first time I'm going to buy flowers for someone so I really had a hard time choosing which ones to buy. Of course, roses would be among the choices. I also bought some tulips, daisies and other colorful flowers that looked nice even if I don't have any idea what they are. The lady asked if I wanted them to be arranged and I said yes. I thought that she was just gonna sort them out. I didn't know that she would put them in the vase and that it would cost me. Good thing the money I bought was enough. The flowers were a bit heavy so I had to walk to her house carefully. Good thing it was only a few blocks away.

I pressed the doorbell and she came out of the gate after a few seconds.

"T..these are for you." I said as I handed her the flowers. "It's nice to see you again."
Her face turned red as she took them from my hands.
"They're beautiful. Thank you very much! Come on, let's go inside." She said as she held my hand and led me inside their house.

My eyes were wide open as I stepped inside their house. There they were, Berryz Koubou, inside the living room. Captain Saki, Momo, Chinami, Natusyaki, Sudou and Kumai and all their eyes were on me. I was awestruck by their presence. Kinda like the intimidation I felt when I first met Suagaya and Kumai. I tried to pull myself together.

"Sugaya and Kumai told me you were cute but I didn't expect you to be this cute." Captain Saki said.
"Yes, and you're tall too. Are you sure you're just twelve?" Momo asked.
"I'm just twelve." I said.
"You don't look twelve." Natsuyaki said.
"Yes. If you were my age, I'd consider going out with you." As Chinami said that, the others looked at her and started laughing.
I bowed to them as I introduced myself. They also introduced themselves but I didn't think it was necessary. I was able to shake their hands too.
Their attention then turned to the flowers that I gave Sugaya.
"Those flowers look expensive. Where'd you get them?" Kumai asked.
"I bought them before I went here. And yes, they were quite expensive."
"There's a card attached to it." Sudou said.
"Let's read what's inside." Natsuyaki said as she handed the card to the Captain.
"Look, is that handwritten?" Momo couldn't believe it.
"Yes, that's his handwriting." Kumai answered. Now my handwriting is famous.
I saw Captain reading the card while Sudou read beside her. After a minutes , she handed the card to Sugaya.
"You should read that aloud, so that they can also here." Captain said.
Sugaya glanced at it first then looked at me. Then she started reading it.

"Your smile brightens me up all day.
Your laughter takes all my worries away
Your eyes are like the stars that guide me at night
Your voice soothes my pain when I don't feel alright.

When you held my hand there was a feeling I couldn't explain.
How I wish that like that we would always remain.
I know I made you cry once and I haven't said I'm sorry
I promise not to do it again so you don't have to worry.

I'll do what I can so you'll be happy when you're with me
To hold you close when you're afraid or you're lonely
I'll make sure that you'll always be smiling
Even if you leave I'll always be here waiting.

I'm not sure if you feel the same.
But I'm sure my feelings are true.
I get lost when someone mentions your name
But I'm not afraid because love leads me back to you."

There was silence after she was finished. I know it was lame for it was my first time writing something like that. I looked at her and there was a tear rolling down her cheek. I didn't know it was that lame to make her cry.
"Thank you." She said as she walked towards me and embraced me.
Somehow it felt just like the first time she embraced me. My body still remembered how warm her body was and I could also remember how sweet her scent was. And like the first time, I didn't want to move. I wanted that moment to last forever.

"Ehem." Kumai's voice broke the silence and the moment. Coincidence? Probably but her timing's real great. "We're here to celebrate right? She said.
"You made her cry again." Chinami said. "But those were probably tears of joy so we'll forgive you this time."
"But we won't let you go easily if this happens again." Natsuyaki added.
"Did you really write that?" Momo asked. That's her third question she asked me today.
"You have to give him credit though. That was nice." Captain Saki said. I wanted to thank her for being on my side.
"Do you two want to be alone for a while?" Sudou asked.
"No, there's no need for that." Sugaya answered her.
I wiped the tear from Sugaya's cheek and she smiled as she let go of me.
I looked at her and I can feel the happiness she felt inside. I was happy too because I was able to make her feel that way.

We spent the whole afternoon eating and exchanging stories. Chinami didn't run out of jokes and Momo was a lot more talkative in person. It's a good thing that she stopped asking me questions though. Sudou and Captain were funny as well while Natsuyaki who looked very serious, tried her best to control her laughter.Laughing with them was something I didn't expect to do. I thought that I was going to spend the afternoon with Sugaya but this was an enjoyable experience as well. I wasn't just happy for Sugaya but for their whole group. They worked hard and the results of their work were better than expected.

Of course the day had to end. They gave their mobile phone numbers to me and I did the same. I had to make up codenames for them so that anyone who would check out my phone wouldn't know that I had connections to them. Captain,Squeaky,Takai,Genki and  Onbin. Only Kumai and Sugaya's names remained the same.

I walked home tonight, under the light of the stars. Thankful for what happenned today.

Ever since I met Sugaya, good things have started coming my way. I don't know who to thank. Maybe I'm just lucky.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 09:22:47 AM by wordsworth »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
Too Young
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2006, 02:07:50 PM »
This was good.

Kinda leaves me wanting to know if the romantic feelings are mutual. Planning a Risako-POV sequel anytime soon?

EDITVS MAXIMVS : I think your non-pervy fics are good, too. Do continue :)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 05:17:06 PM by Maliciel »

Offline Mayo

• 真夜中
  • Member+
Too Young
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 11:38:36 PM »
Awwww! This is so sweet and adorable! The part where the stupid old man took his ticket almost made me cry. ^^,,

ava by PlusQ (over at mm-bbs); ueda sig by Pinkosa | #1 drifoy, Tanaka Reina, and Murakami Megumi fangirl

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
Too Young
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 11:03:29 PM »
Wow this is really sweet. Its rare to see a Berryz themed fic, not to mention a good one. I thought it was gonna end with them not talking ever again. Luckily it was all good in the end. Hope there's a sequel :)

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Too Young
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 07:08:57 AM »
Thanks for reading everyone! Anyways, a new entry is up. :)

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
Too Young
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 03:54:53 PM »
Sweet, you took up my suggestion. Great work.

It's not all flowery with big words, and i think that's good, especially since this was supposed to be written by a 12 year old. I like your general writing style too, simple but sophisticated.

Offline lil_hamz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Too Young
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 10:29:28 AM »
Its a good idea to weave other members in. Probably you will have Kumai in a bigger role soon? Can't wait to read more. This will be like many stories in a huge story :D

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
Too Young
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 02:22:58 AM »
That was very good, in a bitter-sweet way.  I actually think it is complete without Risako's POV.  The character and emergent intentions of the male lead are the key here.  So what if he was pickpocketed, so what if Risako misunderstood him and hung up on him, so what if she rejects his calls - life sucks, but the true test of character isn't what happens to you, but how you respond to what happens to you.  

I would have appreciated a bit more reflection on that character, beyond your one paragraph (describing taking notes for her, listening to her CD, etc.).  This character is going through some long dark nights of the soul here; he's pretty young and this will probably affect him for life.  How is it affecting him? Is it self-pity?  Or anger?  Is he holding out for her?  Does he forsake love?  How is he making sense of what has happened to him?  With these questions of clarified, Risako's POV section will take on more meaning, and the following episodes (with a potential reconciliation?) will be much more interesting.

Keep it up!  I'm interested in reading the next episodes.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Too Young
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2006, 05:40:47 AM »
Thanks a lot for your comments, Chera! I'll try my best in developing the male lead's personality. I think it'll be a challenge though coz kid's his age are usually unstable when they are in this stage. Anyways, I'm a big fan of your Hyper Digital Mosaic fic. I was wondering when you'd continue that. :D

Offline lil_hamz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Too Young
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 11:36:46 PM »
"If Sugaya doesn't take good care of you, I just might take you away from her."

Can't imagine Yurina saying that. She seems like such a sweet girl. But you know what they say... looks can be deceiving :-P

A Kumai-Sugaya battle. How very interesting. :D

Offline lil_hamz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Too Young
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 09:25:55 AM »
You wrote the telephone conversation part very well.
You managed to capture every member's personality exactly. *thumbs up*

Hoping to read more Momo stuff :-P

Offline sugar

• Clown Mask
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I like Sailor Moon and other stuff.
Too Young
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2006, 01:57:35 PM »
This is so cute. I LOVE it!

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Too Young
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2006, 01:26:39 PM »
Updated on 1st post. Ola! :)

Offline lil_hamz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Too Young
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2006, 09:06:37 PM »
Is it just me or is Kumai up to something?

Is her place in our young hero's heart pretty substantial too as her name isn't changed in his cell? Only time will tell....

I sound like a CM haha. But really nice writing as always :D

Offline smoothee

• old school lovin'
  • Member+
Too Young
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 12:19:04 PM »
awesome as always!! woot!! HURRAH!!

~ the official mikitty thread ~ the A.M.E [aya matsuura eden] ~ G.A.M official thread ~

~ join the wonky love crew ~ help us pimp up tanakacchi here ~

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Too Young
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2006, 12:52:38 PM »
======================================================
I went to a local bookstore earlier to buy one of the manga I was currently following. I asked the manager if they still had that title. He said that I had to hurry to the shelf for there was only one copy left. Someone bought one of them earlier today and the next batch will come after a week. I ran towards the shelf he pointed but as soon as I placed my hand on it, there was another hand that also grabbed it. I looked at the owner and she looked at me too. She had some kind of a crooked smile but it was quite charming, nonetheless. The clothes she wore looked expensive, like the ones Kumai and the other Berryz wore.

"Can I have it?" She asked me. "Please?"
I hesitated for I really wanted to get that issue but I let go of it.
"Sure." I said.
"Thanks." She said. I turned away to head back home but she grabbed my hand.
"I know the next copies will come a few weeks from now. I'll make it up to you. I'll treat you. Please don't refuse."
"You really don't have to." I said.
"I insist. By the way, I'm Megumi. Murakami Megumi." She said.
A loud bell rang in my head when she told me her name. I know it sounded familiar but I just couldn't remember where I heard it. She dragged me to the counter so that I couldn't leave while she paid for the manga.

We went to a cake shop. I didn't want to order anything so she was the one who ordered for me. She ordered a slice of cake that I didn't know what it was called but when I saw the price, it was enough to empty my wallet. We sat on a small round table. We didn't talk at all. I looked at her while she skimmed through the pages of the manga that should have been mine. She was cute while she was reading it. Then she noticed me looking at her. She also noticed that I haven't touched the cake yet.

"Don't be shy, that's for you." She said. "Don't worry, I won't tell you what happened in this issue."
"Okay." I said and I started slowly eating the cake. The first bite was sweet and it left a lasting taste in my mouth. I also remembered imagining if Sugaya's kiss would taste something like this. But her kiss would probably be sweeter.

"Oh Sugaya-chan! Why don't you join us!" I looked behind me, hoping what I just heard her say was right.
Yes. It was Sugaya. She looked at me but didn't say anything. She sat down with us.
They talked for a while, like they've known each other for a long time. Again, the bell in my head rang. Of course. Murakami Megumi is part of Hello!Project Kids! How could I have missed that?
I didn't want to interrupt their discussion but when she saw me looking at her she'd look away or look at Megumi.
"It looks like you know each other." Megumi said.
"He's just my classmate." Sugaya answered. I'm just his classmate.
"Really? I thought he was my age. How nice. He seems real quiet but he was kind enough to let me have this manga." Megumi said as she showed it to Sugaya.
"Yes. That's true. He's always been so nice to me." Sugaya said as she looked at me. Now it was my turn too look away, embarrassed with what she just said.
"Are you sure he's just you're classmate?" Megumi asked.
Sugaya looked at me again. But she didn't answer the question.
Megumi glanced at her watch. "Oh , I have to go now. Why don't you be a gentleman and walk Sugaya-chan home?" She said as she looked at me.
"No problem." I said. I looked at Sugaya and she didn't seem to have a problem with that either.

The walk to her house was longer this time. We haven't said anything to each other yet. I wanted to talk to her about Megumi but it looks like she's not in the mood right now. I had a feeling that she was a bit jealous after seeing me with Megumi in that shop. She was carrying something in her other hand and I had no idea what it was. I tried to hold her hand as we walked, even if I think she wouldn't let me. But she held on to my hand.

We arrived at her house and we stopped for a while in front of the gate. She gave the package she was holding, smiled and kissed me in the cheek.
"Happy birthday! I'll see you in class tomorrow." Those were her words as she hurriedly went inside, not even giving me time to thank her.
Surprised by her again. I looked at the date on my phone and it was indeed my birthday.
I opened the package as soon as I got home. It was the manga I was supposed to buy earlier today, the one I let Megumi have.

I sent a message to her saying "thank you". She didn't reply but I knew she got it. I guess I'll have to wait to see her in class tomorrow.

The cake I had earlier was sweet. But what Sugaya has done to me today was a lot sweeter.

====================================================
Sugaya didn't go to class today. She probably had to attend another of their practices. As I packed my things that afternoon, I received a message from Kumai, telling me to meet her at this certain cake shop, the same shop where Megumi-chan brought me a few days back. I pass that shop when I go home so I told her that I'll be there in a few minutes.

Kumai looked real pretty when I saw her waiting for me at the shop. I don't know but I feel that it's a special day for her. She asked me to order anything I want. I told her that I wasn't really hungry so she just ordered a glass of orange juice for me.

"Sugaya didn't go to class. Did you have any rehearsals today?"
"Yeah, we had them. I wanted to wait for her but Sugaya told me to go ahead because she needed to have her measurements taken for the new outfit."
"You have a new single right? The title has 'boyfriend' in it but I'm not quite sure."
"So you finally listen to our songs."
"Not really. You're all over the news, you know." I said.

After I finished my glass of juice, Kumai asked me if we could go to the playground.

Walking alongside her gave me a different feeling. The first time I met her, I was really intimidated but she was real nice to me after that. I also couldn't forget the sound of the bells on her bracelet. Somehow that sound always reminds me how she "interrupted" us and how Sugaya reacted when she told her that she wanted to kiss me. But that's already history.

We reached the playground after a while. There weren't many children around because it was late afternoon. We sat next to each other on the swing, watching the sun as it slowly disappears from the sky.

"It's my birthday today." She said. So that's why she looked and felt different. The light from the setting sun made her more beautiful as she said that.
"Really? Happy birthday, Kumai-chan. You should have told me earlier. Sorry I don't have a gift for you."
"That's ok. But can I ask something from you?"
"What is it?" I said.
"What I said the first time I met you, about kissing you, I meant that. I'm quite envious of Sugaya because she found someone like you. I really like you. To tell you the truth, I fell in love the first time I saw you. Can you give me my first kiss? I want my first kiss to come from someone I really like. Please?"

"Is she playing me again?" I thought.  I looked at her but the glimmer in her eyes told me she was serious. I wanted to answer but the words won't come out of my mouth. Yet.

"This will be only between us. I won't tell Sugaya." She added.

"I...can't. Sorry Kumai-chan. I hope you understand. You're a pretty girl and I know that there's someone out there who's for you." I tried to tell her nicely. I didn't want to hurt her. It took all the courage I had. Telling someone that you love her is hard but telling her that you don't is harder.

"You have a special place in my heart but..." She interrupted. Again.

"I understand. Sugaya's really lucky to have you. At least I spent part of my day with you.
It's getting late, I should get going." She said, with a smile but I'm sure that she's hiding what she's really felt. "You don't have to walk me home."

She was ahead of me again. I wanted to walk her home. That's the least I can do.

The phone was ringing when I got home. I answered it and it was Sugaya.

"How was your day?" She asked.
"It was fine, and yours?"
"The rehearsals were tiring but it was fine too. It's Kumai-chan's birthday today."
"Yes. She told me. Actually we were together just a while ago. She said that you had to stay behind because of your outfits."
"So you were really together. She told me that she asked you to kiss her. Did you do it?"

It was the second time today where I wanted to answer but the words won't come out.

"No. I didn't." I answered her finally.

"That's not what she told me."

I didn't answer back for it might complicate things. Somehow I'm really confused with the way girls think. I couldn't get angry at Kumai either. I didn't put the phone down even if I knew she wasn't there anymore...

It was already late but I was still up, trying to study for the next day when I received a message from Sugaya.

"I believe you."

That was her message.

And that's all I needed to know.

===================================================
I went to Sugaya's house again this afternoon for another study session. But something was different today, as we walked to their house: We didn't hold hands. She told me that she believed me when I told her that I didn't kiss Kumai but I couldn't blame her if she had any doubts. I was with Kumai that day, and I was even the one who told her that.

She told me to wait for her downstairs. She didn't do that before.

She told me that I could go up after a few minutes.

As always, she was able to understand easily the lessons that she missed when she was absent, but somehow the look in her eyes is telling me that something is preventing her to focus on what we were doing.

"Is there something wrong? I asked her.
"Yes."
5 seconds later
"I mean no." She said as she shook her head.

There is something wrong.

"I saw you on TV the other day." I said. "On Hello Pro Hour."
"Really? So what do you think? How did I do?"
"I've seen your videos but that performance was different. You were great back there."
"I was really nervous back there. You know, just talking to Goto-senpai is intimidating. You're just saying that because you know me, ne?"
"Of course not. You were really great."
"Well,thank you. That's what Goto-senpai and Matsuura-senpai told me too. They told me that it seemed like I was singing that song for someone. "She said as she looked at me.
"Were you?" I asked.
She looked at me but didn't say anything.
"You were great. Really." I've run out of complements.
That was actually the first time I saw her perform live. It's hard to compare it from how she sings from their videos. I've read and heard some comments that her live performances aren't good but I didn't think of those when I told her that she was great when singing that song.

Hajimete Kuchibiru wo Kasaneta Yoru.

Watching her sing it on TV was the first time I heard that song but it's the type of song that I will never forget.

"About what Kumai said a few days back...." She stopped me before I could finish. It seems that she didn't want to talk about it.
"You watched the show right? Wanna try drawing our portraits?" She said.
"I'm not really good at drawing." I said.
"Come on, now. I'm not good too. You saw how my sketch of Goto-senpai turned out." She said as she took out a sketchbook from her drawer. She handed it to me and told me to start drawing her.
"I thought we were going to draw each other?"
"I changed my mind. You'll be the only one who'll be drawing around here." Girls. Oh well.
I looked at her and she smiled at me. That's the first time she smiled at me today.
I'm not really an artist but it seems my hand had a mind of its own, as if it has memorized every curve, every angle and every detail of Sugaya's face.
That was the first time too that I ever tried drawing her.
I showed her to her after a few minutes.
"And you told me that you don't draw well!"
"Even I'm not sure how I came up with that. Do you like it?" I asked.
"Yes. Thank you!"

She looked at it for a long time, probably wondering how I was able to draw her like that.

"I was wondering if you could sing that song again, the one you sang on TV. You didn't draw me so you have to do something." I told her jokingly. But I really like that song. All I know it was originally sung by Matsuura Aya, and she's one of the best artists of Hello! Project.
"Sure. This is for you." She said as she stood up and started singing. The song she sang on TV wasn't the complete song but this time she sang it as a whole and it was a lot better. After the song, she asked me something I was not expecting.

"How did Kumai ask you to kiss her?" She asked. The question seemed to be off-course and I had to gather my thoughts before I answered her.
"She told me that she likes me and she wanted her first kiss to come from someone she likes."
"Hmmm. If I told you that, would you have kissed me?" I wasn't sure if she was serious.
I looked at her but I didn't say anything. I didn't know which answer she would like to hear: yes or no. Girls are really confusing.

We looked at each other, saying nothing for a couple of minutes; she was standing while I looked at her from my seat. She walked closer to me. Her eyes told me to stand up and walk closer to her. That was what my heart was telling me too. We were on the same spot where we almost kissed each other before. That was a long time ago, on the day I first stepped inside her room, but I can still see it clearly in my mind.

"Kiss me." She said as she closed her eyes. I always thought that she'd ask me to it in the manner Kumai asked me or probably in a more discrete way than this but what can I do, she always surprises me.

Yes, this scene has happened before and it was interrupted. I felt that this time, it would be different. Today has been something else, but I didn't know that it would lead to this.

I placed my hand on her cheek, the other one on her shoulder and leaned closer. I'm not sure how long we stood next to each other. I was afraid to hear a knock on the door, because it was the one that broke the spell for us the first time.

I closed my eyes and kissed her on the lips. I kissed Sugaya Risako. Finally. And yes, her lips were sweet.

I don't know how long our lips touched. I held her hands and opened my eyes as we separated. She slowly opened her eyes, she wore a smile I rarely see from her.

"That was my first kiss. And it was from someone I like." She said.
"Me too." That was all I can say. I don't know if my face turned red like hers.

I checked my watch and it was a bit late. I looked at her and she just nodded.
"I guess I'll see you in class tomorrow then." She said.
"Of course."

She led me outside the gate and said our last goodbyes for the day.

As I walked home, I could still feel her soft lips, while hearing her singing that song.

We finally kissed.

I will never forget this day. And I will never forget this song.

Hajimete Kuchibiru wo Kasaneta Yoru…
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 07:41:43 AM by wordsworth »

Offline smoothee

• old school lovin'
  • Member+
Too Young
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 04:21:59 PM »
awww how cute kekekeke keep em coming!!

~ the official mikitty thread ~ the A.M.E [aya matsuura eden] ~ G.A.M official thread ~

~ join the wonky love crew ~ help us pimp up tanakacchi here ~

Offline lil_hamz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Too Young
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 06:47:49 AM »
Megumi?? :doh:
Gosh the people in ya fic just gets more and more interesting. Hopefully Risako doesn't get too pissed. Our hero still loves her best :D

Offline rhynee29

Too Young
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2006, 10:12:36 AM »
WOW!!!!! What a unique style of writing!!! This genre has impressed me so much that I suppose it has hooked me from the reality :-)
It is really fun and a pleasure reading such texts as this one..so continue writing lad whoever you are and I'll await for the next episode of your young hero's saga :-) :D

Thanks;;;;;for this nice story...:-) Keep it up!!!!!
:) Rhynee XXIX
:heart:
来にー返礼
XD :heart:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Too Young
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2006, 11:59:34 AM »
Updated on page 2. :)

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Naht - Irritating