JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Atsuko Maeda - Flower

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread  (Read 759523 times)

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
Re: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread
« Reply #1800 on: December 18, 2012, 08:00:05 AM »
Hmm, let's see...
- 9th Live (2x)
- CountDown Live Party 2010-2011
- Shinahachi (2x)
- Jukuhachi (2x)
- Suu-chan's graduation live
- Zepp Tour (2x in Tokyo)
Next week:
- Shibuhachi (2x)
- Nicohachi (2x) (although I've only got tickets to one of the two so far)

and then a few handshake events, and a DVD release event with Yazawa and one with Sakacchi (my two favorites)
and many more lives of other artists I've been to...
and no, I don't live in Japan, but this will be my 10th trip to Japan :-) (hmm,this calls for a celebration ;p)
Just 2 more days at work, and I'm off on Thursday, can't wait!  :twothumbs

But there are a few other people here that have done quite a bit more of Idoling!!! lives & events than me ;)

Wow! That's a lot already, so lucky!  Graduation and 9th Live, that must have been a blast!  :)
If you have been to a Larc En Ciel concert then your life must be complete  :lol:
You have relatives too in Japan?
I bet that's all you think about right now when at the office :)
How much is a handshake anyway?

Well I hope she still remembers me, its going to be almost exactly one year since I last saw her. I don't really feel like lining up to meet Rurika/Ai and a few other members because their line are usually very long. Waiting hurts  :cry:

I think they must remember foreign fans rather than ones in Japan :) Especially if you have a message that stuck to their heads  :lol: Oh so that's the case, since they are popular members, 30 mins before a handshake with them?  XD Does Hii-chan have a lot of fans?

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #1801 on: December 18, 2012, 02:52:10 PM »
Handshake event depends on what you have to buy. Pre-order handshake events costs 1000 yen but for the usual release events, you have to use the event ticket that comes with the CD.
The most popular members during handshake events in my opinion are:

9, 25, 6, 23, 3, 20, 21, 15 (almost always crowded)
19, 16, 14, 12, 24 (short lines)
13, 17, 26, 22 (usually don't even have to line up :()

I have no idea how popular the 5th gen are since I haven't been to any handshake events with them.

I think I'll be going to Umeko, Serina, Asahi, Ruka, and maybe two out of the 5th gen this time. Shame that Amimi and Manami are absent :(

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1802 on: December 18, 2012, 03:34:32 PM »
Does Hii-chan have a lot of fans?

You need to have a lot of courage to line up for Hii-chan's booth. lol

It is pretty rare to see Hii-chan smile during handshake event.
There was once she got angry to her own fan who did too much loop, too. That person now has changed to Ai-chan fan now. lol

Source: 2ch

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #1803 on: December 18, 2012, 04:02:09 PM »
I've just knew that #25 Kaorun really popular among fans (although she's regularly teased in episodes & act awkwardly). Btw, 1st-gen really badass, still topped among other members although they've already appeared for 5 consecutive years. I wonder what Idoling!!! staff (Kado-P also) will do to them, they just can't let them go (graduate), Idoling!!! image still represent by Endou-Tonooka-Yokoyama combo :twothumbs :twothumbs
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 04:08:33 PM by b8067hc »

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #1804 on: December 18, 2012, 04:13:44 PM »
1,000 yen seems like a reasonable price for a handshake...
hell guard you from Japan?

There was once she got angry to her own fan who did too much loop, too. That person now has changed to Ai-chan fan now. lol

Really Ryo? So that's why people don't line up for her? If I was in Japan I'd line up for her  :lol:
What do you mean by loop? Stayed too long? Poor guy hahaha

b8067hc Yeah Kaoru is really pretty, I'm a new fan and she's the 2nd member that caught my attention from the beginning... Although Aichan and Hiichan grew on me as I watched the episodes  :lol:

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #1805 on: December 18, 2012, 04:18:24 PM »
1,000 yen seems like a reasonable price for a handshake...
hell guard you from Japan?

Really Ryo? So that's why people don't line up for her? If I was in Japan I'd line up for her  :lol:

b8067hc Yeah Kaoru is really pretty, I'm a new fan and she's the 2nd member that caught my attention from the beginning... Although Aichan and Hiichan grew on me as I watched the episodes  :lol:

People stay away from Hii-chan because she is kinda unwelcoming and didn't know how to converse with fans. I went to her once but she didn't seem all that scary to me, just a bit tight lipped. Kaoru I guess is popular because she is so awkward which makes it fun and cute. I don't think I've ever went to her yet, I need to go to her next time to find out what makes her so popular :P
I'm not from Japan but I'm currently living in Japan.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1806 on: December 18, 2012, 04:20:35 PM »
Loop means you do handshake with one member many times. Because handshake is usually 5-30 seconds each person each ticket, you have to come back again and again (loop). It is common to see one fan bought 10 - 100 CDs for handshake event.

I've just knew that #25 Kaorun really popular among fans (although she's regularly teased in episodes & act awkwardly). Btw, 1st-gen really badass, still topped among other members although they've already appeared for 5 consecutive years. I wonder what Idoling!!! staff (Kado-P also) will do to them, they just can't let them go (graduate), Idoling!!! image still represent by Endou-Tonooka-Yokoyama combo :twothumbs :twothumbs

It is not all about popularity. It is point based voting, so fans who play the game often have more point to spent. There is no way Ai-chan, Yuna, Tachibana lose to Hii-chan' popularity. Especially Tachibana, because all F.C Tokyo supporters know her.

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #1807 on: December 18, 2012, 04:38:37 PM »
People stay away from Hii-chan because she is kinda unwelcoming and didn't know how to converse with fans. I went to her once but she didn't seem all that scary to me, just a bit tight lipped. Kaoru I guess is popular because she is so awkward which makes it fun and cute. I don't think I've ever went to her yet, I need to go to her next time to find out what makes her so popular :P
I'm not from Japan but I'm currently living in Japan.
Considering Hii-chan is a rich girl I would understand why she could not converse well with the fans.  XD She's awkward too at times but not Kaoru awkward  :lol: Looks like you, kei and Hatix are going to have a great week ahead.  :)

Loop means you do handshake with one member many times. Because handshake is usually 5-30 seconds each person each ticket, you have to come back again and again (loop). It is common to see one fan bought 10 - 100 CDs for handshake event.
I wonder how many tickets the fan bought who ticked off Hii-chan... 100 tickets is a lot of money though...  XD

Offline Patrick_03

« Reply #1808 on: December 18, 2012, 04:43:57 PM »
seem like Serina don't have a lot of popularity  :(, maybe some foreign messages makes she happy  :lol:

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #1809 on: December 18, 2012, 04:53:21 PM »
I dunno why, when Serina turn into "adult" she seemed to be quiet-mysterious-type girl (contrast with her past, when she's really cheerful & outgoing). But personally i prefer quiet-mysterious members like Serina, Kaorun, Maipuru, Tonchan, Rurika (?? :D) than lousy-outgoing girl (err, sorry for Umeko, Amimi, Aichan, Nao, Nomoto & Ojima fans  :P)

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1810 on: December 18, 2012, 05:04:44 PM »
Oh, does #25 Kaorun have such long lines? I wanted to go to her last year, but she absent back then, so I'd love to go to her this time.
Will definitely also go to #14 Sakacchi, #22 Ruka, #29 Ramu and #13 Serina. Maybe Ishidashi & Kurumi too.
I wonder if Ruka will say "Ohisashiburi~" again (but likely not :) it's a year ago).

Sadly Ai-chan and Amimi are absent...
Wanted to go to Maipuru this time, but she's absent. I'm hoping she'll be present on Jan. 6th, I wonder if she'll remember Japan Expo :)

@b8067hc
Serina was pretty genki last year when I saw her, she wasn't quiet-mysterious :)

@idolingkyugo
I haven't been to l'arc~en~ciel, but I have been to X Japan & the GazettE (both twice) (in terms of J-Rock)

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #1811 on: December 18, 2012, 05:11:15 PM »
I dunno why, when Serina turn into "adult" she seemed to be quiet-mysterious-type girl (contrast with her past, when she's really cheerful & outgoing). But personally i prefer quiet-mysterious members like Serina, Kaorun, Maipuru, Tonchan, Rurika (?? :D) than lousy-outgoing girl (err, sorry for Umeko, Amimi, Aichan, Nao, Nomoto & Ojima fans  :P)

I don't like Serina, we're on the same page with Ruri and Kaoru though.  :) How can you not like Ai-chan? She was so cute in Mechaike 2011  :roll: :)

Sadly Ai-chan and Amimi are absent...
Wanted to go to Maipuru this time, but she's absent. I'm hoping she'll be present on Jan. 6th, I wonder if she'll remember
I haven't been to l'arc~en~ciel, but I have been to X Japan & the GazettE (both twice) (in terms of J-Rock)

So catching your favorite member is based on luck if you're just visiting Japan for a short time... I honestly don't know XJapan & Gazette, most J-rock I know are from anime/videogames I've encountered. :)

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #1812 on: December 18, 2012, 05:31:18 PM »
@ hatix : then i'll be waiting for your report  :twothumbs :twothumbs 本当に 本当に ほしい XD XD

@ idolingkyugo : About Ai-chan looks, no question about it  : :wub: :inlove: :drool: but her character is too lousy for me  :D, so i... just... enjoy... her... looks.. only.. :D :D

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #1813 on: December 18, 2012, 05:38:20 PM »
idolingkyugo : About Ai-chan looks, no question about it  : :wub: :inlove: :drool: but her character is too lousy for me  :D, so i... just... enjoy... her... looks.. only.. :D :D

:lol: Sure I get what you are trying to say  XD

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1814 on: December 18, 2012, 05:45:31 PM »
seem like Serina don't have a lot of popularity  :(, maybe some foreign messages makes she happy  :lol:

I went to Serina last year and it was awesome. I Intentionally spoke to her in English just to make her flustered and after a while I told her that I can speak Japanese so its fine and the look of relief on her face was priceless. As I was leaving the box she waved and said "I love you~!"

Now that was a pretty unforgettable experience XD

Offline idolingkyugo

• Member+
« Reply #1815 on: December 18, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »
Hey kei how many handshake tickets have you bought the most in one live show? Just curious :)

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1816 on: December 18, 2012, 06:25:36 PM »
I've only been to a handshake event once, only bought 5 tickets. Didn't really have the money at that time.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1817 on: December 18, 2012, 07:42:28 PM »
If I were at a handshake event and it would cost 1000 yen (/one cd) a pop I'd probably get two or three (Tonooka, Asahi + flavor of the week), but the day after I would have massive regrets about not buying a lot more  :nervous

Offline strtl

• Member+
« Reply #1818 on: December 18, 2012, 08:10:30 PM »
Do you guys get nervous when you meet you favourite members at handshake events? :wub:

Also, I've been meaning to say this for ages, but to whoever does the artwork on the banners for the Idoling!!! sub-forum, a big thumbs up.  :twothumbs
Seems to be a new one almost every day.  :thumbsup

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1819 on: December 18, 2012, 09:58:30 PM »
Do you guys get nervous when you meet you favourite members at handshake events? :wub:
Yes, I'm super nervous.  XD
I keep preparing by writing down stuff to say/ask to not make mistakes (I don't read it off the paper though, that's just preparation) and hope I will understand they'll say, but I keep walking around for 10 minutes before going in  XD (the others know that :P)
Although my confidence in talking Japanese has gone up since a year ago (thanks to @home cafe XD), I'll probably still be nervous.
The thing is, I'd love to talk lots to them (to shake their hands for a longer time), but I sometimes can't find a subject to talk about (mostly due to lack of the proper vocabulary). I'm gonna need one I guess when talking to Kaorun  :lol: (their first question is always "Where are you from?" though anyway :lol:)

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Atsuko Maeda - Flower