JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Taeyeon - Why

Author Topic: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 15 (25/03/2020)  (Read 55317 times)

Offline MaYukiIsLife

• Starting to become addicted to Keyakizaka46.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • If Neru's my sugar fix, Nen's my guilty pleasure
    • FuruyanagiOshi
    • taengoosone
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 8 (23/01/2017)
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2017, 11:19:40 PM »
My question is: what happened with Furuyanagi? I'm only assuming Churi gave birth in the timeline between the last chapter and this one.

But well, WMatsui getting married then having kids surprised me

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2017, 01:12:29 AM »
OMG !!
I do need a return in time.
Of course read as Jurina in whole of her pregnancy and how she lived would have been very beautiful.

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Faithful WMatsui shipper
    • sophcaro
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2017, 03:22:20 PM »
REPLIES TO COMMENTS

My question is: what happened with Furuyanagi? I'm only assuming Churi gave birth in the timeline between the last chapter and this one.

Don't worry, Furuyanagi is perfectly fine  :P Churi gave birth to her child around the time WMatsui got married, so during the timeline of that chapter.

But well, WMatsui getting married then having kids surprised me

You can say they followed well Furuyanagi's example?  XD
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:38:46 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing
- One Shot collection: Her Sun | Completed
- Fire and Water | On hiatus

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2017, 06:00:00 PM »
Ooohhh WMatsui have a baby!!!!

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

• Member+
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2017, 04:05:14 PM »
When Jurina asked for a good luck from Alfred, I had two things on my mind. My initial thoughts was not about the proposal.
I thought Jurina somehow managed to finish the time machine and she tried it herself before anyone else. :on study:
Then she tried to go back in time to make sure the machine worked well. :on blackhole:

But later she looked nervous and even blushed, that was when I realised she might propose Rena. And she did!

The elevator scene was sweet and symbolic, though I thought Jurina would propose in front of their close friends hehe..

And I could imagine Alfred was the one that brought the ring on their wedding. :on gay:

Theeeen..here comes cute little Natsuki. Alfred got a new mistress. He might have A LOT of questions about the newborn baby. (He could be very protective as well.)
I believe Natsuki would get along with Churi and Airi's baby. :k-wink:

Offline Guacamoolee

• Member+
  • Silent reader
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2017, 02:01:20 AM »
I'M SO SURPRISED!!!!

I knew from the start that Jurina would propose to Rena but I never thought that they would think about having a child that fast!!!!
And even if the idea of they're having a child ever crossed my mind, never would, even for a second I think that Jurina would be the one who will bring the child to the world! I always thought that it suppose to be Rena but after I read this chapter somehow I understand why Rena couldn't do that. Of course! Rena is the CEO of the company and she is always the busiest one, correct me if I'm wrong xD
And for little Natsuki, I'm sure she'll inherit both of her mama's traits. She's going to be a lovely kid  :heart: :yep:

Anyway author-san,
Is this the end?
Is this the final chapter?
Is there going to be an epilogue?

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2017, 04:01:18 PM »
REPLIES TO COMMENTS

I thought Jurina somehow managed to finish the time machine and she tried it herself before anyone else. :on study:
Then she tried to go back in time to make sure the machine worked well.

I don't think Jurina would dare to use the time machine first, and without her boss knowing  XD

The elevator scene was sweet and symbolic, though I thought Jurina would propose in front of their close friends hehe..

It's a very important and intimate moment, right? Besides, Jurina wasn't sure how Rena would respond. I think doing it in front of friends would have been too much pressure for Jurina!

And I could imagine Alfred was the one that brought the ring on their wedding. :on gay:

If I had included a wedding scene, that's exactly what I would have written  ;)

And even if the idea of they're having a child ever crossed my mind, never would, even for a second I think that Jurina would be the one who will bring the child to the world! I always thought that it suppose to be Rena but after I read this chapter somehow I understand why Rena couldn't do that. Of course! Rena is the CEO of the company and she is always the busiest one, correct me if I'm wrong xD

I'm happy you mention it, because I think most readers expected as well Rena to be the mother, not Jurina! But as you understood well, it's more logical for Jurina to be the mother. Not only because I see her as more motherly in general, but also because of Rena's job and important responsibilities as CEO.

Anyway author-san,
Is this the end?
Is this the final chapter?
Is there going to be an epilogue?

The end? Not at all! We're about halfway through the story. I think I mentionned it at one point, but the development of the WMatsui relationship is not the main focus of this story. In fact, it's more like something that leads to another more important narrative arc, which the plot will be revealed in a few chapters.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:38:59 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Guacamoolee

• Member+
  • Silent reader
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2017, 01:48:16 PM »
I see~~~~~
I thought it would have ended so fast :nervous
I'll keep reading!!!  :cow:

Offline jouvalentine

• ♡WMatsui♡ ♡AtsuMina♡
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2017, 05:48:08 PM »
I'm usually a silent reader, and I've read through your other stories *Still waiting for Destiny's update*. Great job by the way.. Anyway..

Furuyanagi's daughter named "Shizuru" and WMatsui's named "Natsuki"? I see what you did there~~~ ShizNat!  :lol:
Favorite Top Pairings: WMatsui & AtsuMina
Oshi: Matsui Jurina, Takahashi Minami
Pairings: JuriMayu, MariHaru, KojiYuu, JuriAnnin, MaYuki, YuiParu.

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2017, 04:02:37 PM »
Furuyanagi's daughter named "Shizuru" and WMatsui's named "Natsuki"? I see what you did there~~~ ShizNat!  :lol:

I'm really happy someone saw/understood the reference to Mai Hime :P When I saw the opportunity to include one of my favorite anime pairings, I just couldn't help it  ;)
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 9 (8/02/2017)
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2017, 12:12:19 AM »

CHAPTER 9

When Rena came back home after work, the first thing she noticed was the unusual quietness of the house. In fact, not a single noise could be heard when she passed the front door and placed her coat and shoes in the hallway. The CEO scanned the living room in curiosity, knowing the place should definitely be livelier at this time of the day. Indeed, her wife should already have picked up their four-year-old daughter from kindergarten an hour ago. Was it possible that they took advantage of the beautiful, sunny weather to go for a walk in the park nearby?

Rena took a few steps forward, addressing their domestic robot who was activated and standing next to the television. “Alfred, do you know where Jurina and Natsuki are?”

The robot gazed back at her and emitted a small sound in recognition, but didn’t reply for all that. Rena blinked in confusion when he remained silent. If Jurina had left the house with Natsuki, she would have informed their faithful servant about it. There was no way Alfred was not aware of their whereabouts.

As she was about to insist, Alfred slowly lifted his left mechanical arm, pointing with his index in the direction of the sofa. Rena relaxed, understanding what he was discreetly trying to tell her. If her prediction was right, her wife had not left the house with their daughter, but could be much closer than she initially believed.

“Ah, it seems there’s no one home.” Rena decided to play along, and let out a defeated sigh, tiptoeing in the direction of the sofa.

Her action didn’t go unnoticed from the robot who watched her every move, producing a small sound in delight when he understood what she was trying to achieve. The CEO turned to him and, with a secret smile, pressed her index finger to her lips, silencing the robot. Now, Alfred didn’t dare making another sound or a single move, his large blue eyes following the amusing scene unfolding in front of him.

Rena progressively leaned over the back of the sofa and looked down, her mouth tugging into an amused smile at her discovery. On top of Jurina’s stomach, was laying a four-year-old Natsuki who was trying to stay extremely quiet, and who gave her an impish side glance at Rena’s sight.

“Look who I found here…” Rena grinned, the little Natsuki averting her gaze playfully to hide and nuzzle her nose in the crook of Jurina’s neck. “Someone is playing hide and seek with mommy?”

“Ah no, Natsuki, our hideout is found!” Jurina exclaimed, faking disappointment. “Mommy is really, really too clever.”

A small giggle was muffled against her shoulder, and Natsuki’s good spirit prompted Rena to have a little fun with her. Extending her arm, she reached over, not wasting time in tickling her daughter’s stomach. The little girl started wriggling on top of Jurina, in the desperate attempt to avoid the relentless fingers. The game went on for a little while, tears forming in Natsuki’s eyes between giggles, until it was too much for her and she had no choice but to concede defeat. “Mommy, stop! Stop!”

Rena decided to have a little mercy on her and stopped her attacks, watching fondly her daughter laughing in delight. Being CEO of a worldwide renown company was time consuming, and she unfortunately didn’t have as much free time as Jurina to be with their daughter. That’s why she relished every single minute they could spend the three of them as a family, nothing pleasing her more than witnessing her daughter’s happiness.

Rena ran her fingers affectionately through Natsuki’s hair, taking advantage of the situation to observe her adorable daughter. After four years, she could now clearly distinguish traits of both she and Jurina in her. Jurina liked to repeat that their daughter was definitely more like Rena, physically and personality wise. To support her statement, she would bring forward her ‘princess-like’ appearance similar to the CEO’s with her long black shiny hair, as well as her introvert and solitary side.

It is true to say that, on the latter aspect, Natsuki didn’t have many friends in kindergarten. In fact, apart from Shizuru – Airi and Akane’s daughter – she had never brought any other friend home. However, if there were two traits that she had inherited from her other mother, it was her stubbornness and athletic side. Once Natsuki had decided she wanted to play on the rocking horse in the children playground, you better had to hold her hand tight if you didn’t want to see her rushing towards it.

Natsuki’s laughter died down, and Jurina straightened up on the sofa, giving her daughter’s back a light, encouraging tap. “Come on, go and see mommy.”

The little girl avoided playfully Rena’s gaze for a few more seconds – visibly uncertain whether the game was completely over or not – before climbing down and quickly making her way around the sofa. Rena kneeled, welcoming Natsuki when she threw herself into her arms. Rena pressed a big kiss on Natsuki’s cheek, receiving a tight hug in return. Rena lifted her up and raised herself to her feet, Natsuki’s legs coiling around her waist, while her arms encircled Rena’s neck. “What did Natsuki do today?”

“Drawing!” Natsuki pointed at the coffee table with unconcealed excitement.

Rena walked towards the sofa and took a seat beside Jurina – sharing a smile with her and placing a kiss against her wife’s lips – then focused her attention on Natsuki who was turning around on her lap to face the drawing on the coffee table. “Mistress asked us to draw our family!”

Rena glanced down at the primitive children’s drawing on the tablet, startled when she noticed the important height difference between she and Jurina, when they were in reality only a few inches apart. “Mama is taller than me?”

“Of course,” Natsuki frowned, as if confused by her silly question. “This is Natsuki.” She showed a little girl with long dark hair standing between both parents. Then, a small robot holding Natsuki’s hand. “And this is Alfred! I put a lot of blue on his eyes to make sure people would recognize him well.”

“I can see that,” Rena rubbed Natsuki’s stomach, and planted a kiss on the top of her head. “It’s a beautiful drawing, darling. You can show it to Shizuru later.”

Natsuki’s smile vanished, and Rena could tell she had said something wrong by the little girl’s sudden silence. It couldn’t be because of the compliment, so it meant it had to do with the mention of Natsuki’s closest friend. Intrigued, Rena glanced back at Jurina in search of answers, but was met with a similar confused look. “What is it, honey?” She returned her attention to her daughter, tilting her head to try and catch a glimpse of her face.

“S–Shizuru is coming tonight?”

“We told you auntie Airi and auntie Akane were coming for dinner tonight,” Rena gently reminded her, taken aback by her behavior. “Did you forget?”

A light hum was all she received in reply, and Rena worried both friends had gotten into a fight. It would be surprising, given the fact they got along well and Shizuru was a sweet and friendly little girl. But Natsuki’s palpable discomfort at the mention of Airi and Akane’s daughter clearly indicated that something was wrong. “Natsuki?”

“Did something happen with Shizuru?” Jurina chimed in, sharing her wife’s concern, only to receive the same silent treatment.

“Little Mistress is upset because Shizuru kissed her today.” A metallic voice sounded in the living room, all heads turning in unison towards an approaching Alfred. “Little Mistress didn’t like it.”

“A–Alfred! You idiot!” Natsuki’s cheeks colored pink, and she pummeled her fists on her legs. “It was a secret between us!”

The robot’s large blue eyes widened and, realizing his terrible mistake, inclined his head towards the floor. “Forgive me, little Mistress.”

Rena observed the robot who was not daring crossing Natsuki’s furious gaze, once more noting how close he had grown to their daughter over the years. Long before Natsuki’s arrival into this world, Jurina had one day told her about a specific program implanted within the robot. Alfred wasn’t just a domestic robot capable of dealing with every day’s house chores; he was also designed to take care of children.

Following Natsuki’s birth, it took Rena a few weeks to fully trust Alfred around their child. When Jurina had no difficulty letting the robot take care of Natsuki unsupervised by a human presence, Rena couldn’t help despite herself but keep an eye on him. Maybe was she too protective. Or maybe it was the concept of a machine handling such a fragile human being that didn’t bode well with her.

In the end, Rena discovered her fears were unfounded. Alfred – their faithful humanoid robot who had now been under Jurina’s service for nine years – was perfect around Natsuki. Not only did he fully understand the little girl’s needs and was capable of taking care of them, he was a devoted friend and a good listener. When Rena sometimes watched them interacting in curiosity, it was more than obvious that he was very fond of his new little mistress, and that the attachment was mutual.

“Where did Shizuru kiss you?” Rena carefully asked, returning to the tricky subject. “On the cheek?”

“N–No,” Natsuki babbled, and continued to avoid her parents’ gaze. “Like mama kisses mommy.”

“That means she likes you,” Jurina said with a knowing smile, finding their daughter’s discomfort very cute. “Did you kiss her back?”

“Of course not!” Natsuki gazed back at her in shock, as if she had made the stupidest suggestion. “It’s too… embarrassing!”

Rena removed the little girl from her lap, and turned her around until Natsuki faced her. “No one is forcing you to kiss Shizuru if you don’t want to,” Rena said, smiling when instant relief spread all over Natsuki’s face. “Why don’t you go and play in your room? We’ll call you when our guests have arrived.”

Natsuki nodded, her bare feet resonating on the floor as she ran in the direction of the staircase. Rena’s eyes followed her retreating form while she climbed the stairs, then shut her eyes close and relaxed back in the sofa. When she felt Jurina gently pulling her into her arms, she smiled and leaned her head on Jurina’s shoulder, heaving a sigh of content as she relished the quietness of the living room and her wife’s presence.

She and Jurina still worked at Matsui Corporation, but her wife had ceased being her assistant four years ago. After both agreeing it was wiser to put the time machine project on hold until Natsuki was old enough, Jurina had been promoted Project Manager. Now, she worked on floor 11, one of the offices invested by the Research and Development Department. “How was your day?”

“It was a great day,” Jurina replied, softly pressing her lips against Rena’s temple. “We filed a patent for a new pill. If everything goes well, we could start commercializing it in a few months.”

“The one that increases human speed?” Rena glanced back at her in surprise, getting a light hum in return. “Congratulations!”

Jurina laughed when her lips were quickly captured into a kiss, shaking her head when she noticed Rena’s enthusiasm. “You have a wonderful team of scientists. Alone, I would never have managed this breakthrough.”

“Always so modest. Do you have any ideas how many companies envy me, and would like to hire you?”

“Oh, that’s interesting to hear. Too bad I’m already taken then,” Jurina said teasingly. “Even if another company offered to double my current salary, I couldn’t possibly leave the side of my beautiful wife.”

At the feeling of Jurina’s fingertips gently stroking her cheek, Rena’s eyes softened and she leaned closer until their mouths were a few inches apart. They looked into each other’s eyes, smiling, and Rena was about to claim Jurina’s lips in a kiss when she was interrupted by a very concerned voice screaming from the top of the stairs. “Mama! Come quickly! I can’t find Duran!”

At the mention of Natsuki’s favorite stuffed toy, Jurina gave Rena a small apologetic look, knowing the little girl would never leave her in peace until she came to her rescue. “I’m sorry,” they shared a knowing look, and Rena slowly pulled away. “By the way, you don’t need to worry about dinner. Alfred and I took care of everything.”

“Oh…” Rena’s eyes widened in slight surprise, then gave them both a look of gratitude. “You didn’t have to do that. Thank you.”

Jurina stood up from the sofa and, after placing one last kiss on Rena’s lips, moved towards the staircase. Once she was out of sight, Rena diverted her attention towards their domestic robot. By his upset look, Rena wondered if he wasn’t still bothered by his last conversation with Natsuki, and feeling ashamed for revealing her secret. Rena motioned him to approach, a pair of curious big blue eyes landing on her as he came to stand in front of her. “Natsuki didn’t mean what she said. She’s not mad at you.”

Despite Rena’s reassuring tone, the robot looked hesitant. Rena took his hand inside hers, knowing it would require a little more convincing. “I have an idea. What don’t we both go and see Natsuki?”

This solution definitely appealed to the robot who emitted a pitched cheerful sound. Rena’s eyes sparkled with amusement, and she stood up from the sofa, not missing Alfred’s footsteps following her closely as they joined Jurina and Natsuki upstairs.

TO BE CONTINUED
Version edited on August 25, 2019.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 04:07:28 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 9 (08/02/2017)
« Reply #71 on: February 08, 2017, 08:52:12 AM »
Such a harmonious family :nya:

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2017, 12:20:01 AM »
Very good chapter
I loved the relationship of the family.
Somehow it's refreshing a fic where Jurina is the "woman" of the family. Accustomed in all to be she the masculine personality.
Personally I think it's lovely.

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

• Member+
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2017, 02:00:12 PM »
OMG...it's really warm and beautiful! *shed tears* I read it twice; the second time was much slower. But the effect was still the same for me, even better.
The way you described scene after scene gave me warmth.

My favourite scene is when Rena discovered Natsuki and Jurina behind the sofa.
I can't describe how I feel. It's like marshmallow. So soft...so fluffy.
Like.. it tickles some soft part of my heart. It's different when it's only Jurina and Rena.
Natsuki was effortlessly lovable. I started to adore her even more.

And that was the first time Rena ever called someone with such lovely nicknames like 'darling' and 'honey'.
Never once any Rena in your fics ever called someone like that; not even to Jurina.
In addition, Jurina was a natural. She was very good with little kids.

Alfred was still cute and innocent as always. The scene when he showed Rena about Jurina and Natsuki's whereabouts is funny.
But the bond is Matsui's little family is the best part of this chapter.

I really really like this chapter. You nailed it, author-san!

:heart:

Offline Guacamoolee

• Member+
  • Silent reader
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2017, 06:00:57 AM »
What a happy family!!!  :love:
Author-san, I love this chapter!
It took an extra time for me to read this chapter since I always paused and smiling like every three sentences  :hee:
And... And... I can imagine how cute Natsuki is when she saying this!!  :inlove:
“And this is Alfred. I did his big blue eyes.”
I don't know why but I have the feeling that she will grow up as a tsundere just like Rena :lol:
I hope she'll soon get along well with Shizuru~

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

• Member+
« Reply #75 on: February 12, 2017, 07:34:35 AM »
I don't know why but I have the feeling that she will grow up as a tsundere just like Rena :lol:

OMG...Natsuki growing up as a tsundere like her mommy never crossed my mind! I think you have a good point here! :on lol:

Offline Rena-chan Daisuki

• I'm a Silent Reader n only post sometimes~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • College Student n Statue Maker
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2017, 02:43:44 PM »
Hello sophcaro-san!!!
I'm a silent reader and always been one of an avid fan of ur story :bow:

Usually i didn't replt or post something, but i just wanna convey what i feel about this story

From the very first start you post this story i feel like something really bad is going to happen to rena or jurina (most likely jurina i think)

I'm not hoping for it to not happen or have a good ending, i just wanna say that i will respect whatever choice will be
Even though i know that i'll be hurt  :cry:

And i hope you will always keep writing a good story and finish it, and maybe be a writer so that i could keep on reading yoor story, Good luck  :thumbsup

Btw i'm also a loyal fan of heartbeat series from the start and waiting for it to keep unfold and end in a good way as a story, keep on going!!

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2017, 01:33:35 AM »
REPLIES TO COMMENTS

Such a harmonious family :nya:

Yes, I think they make a great family too  8)

Very good chapter
I loved the relationship of the family.
Somehow it's refreshing a fic where Jurina is the "woman" of the family. Accustomed in all to be she the masculine personality.
Personally I think it's lovely.

I know what you mean. Jurina is often portrayed as the tomboy in fanfics, right? A change is always good  ;)

OMG...it's really warm and beautiful! *shed tears* I read it twice; the second time was much slower. But the effect was still the same for me, even better.
The way you described scene after scene gave me warmth.

My favourite scene is when Rena discovered Natsuki and Jurina behind the sofa.
I can't describe how I feel. It's like marshmallow. So soft...so fluffy.
Like.. it tickles some soft part of my heart. It's different when it's only Jurina and Rena.
Natsuki was effortlessly lovable. I started to adore her even more.

I'm glad you enjoyed that family chapter, and liked little Natsuki  :)

And that was the first time Rena ever called someone with such lovely nicknames like 'darling' and 'honey'.
Never once any Rena in your fics ever called someone like that; not even to Jurina.

It's true I'm not very fond of nicknames in general, so I don't use them in my fanfics. However, in that case, I believed it suited very well the circumstances when it comes to Rena's relationship with Natsuki  :heart:

Alfred was still cute and innocent as always. The scene when he showed Rena about Jurina and Natsuki's whereabouts is funny.

Alfred may be old now, he's still as cute and innocent as ever  :P

I hope she'll soon get along well with Shizuru~

Don't worry, Natsuki gets along well with Shizuru. She's just a big tsundere  :lol:

Hello sophcaro-san!!!
I'm a silent reader and always been one of an avid fan of ur story :bow:

Usually i didn't replt or post something, but i just wanna convey what i feel about this story

Hi silent reader! Thanks for posting a comment, I really appreciate it  :yep:

From the very first start you post this story i feel like something really bad is going to happen to rena or jurina (most likely jurina i think)

I'm not hoping for it to not happen or have a good ending, i just wanna say that i will respect whatever choice will be
Even though i know that i'll be hurt  :cry:

Eh? You mean, while reading the prologue, you felt something bad would happen to one of them?  :?

And i hope you will always keep writing a good story and finish it, and maybe be a writer so that i could keep on reading yoor story, Good luck  :thumbsup

Btw i'm also a loyal fan of heartbeat series from the start and waiting for it to keep unfold and end in a good way as a story, keep on going!!

I do intend on finishing all my stories, no worries about that  :thumbup Thanks for reading/following me  :)

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 04:39:35 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline Rena-chan Daisuki

• I'm a Silent Reader n only post sometimes~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • College Student n Statue Maker
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2017, 10:32:45 AM »
Yep that's what i mean, from reading the prologue or maybe the first chap, well i forgot, and don't know why usually if a story with "time" as the genre, there's somehow something bad or sad happening.

Probably because in relationship "time" is the worst enemy

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 10 (04/03/2017)
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2017, 02:07:13 PM »

CHAPTER 10

Jurina didn’t believe her life could be more ideal. These last six years, she had been blissfully happy alongside Rena, the arrival of their daughter perfecting the picture. Regarding her professional career, her skills were put to good use at Matsui Corporation. She was fortunate to work with the best scientists of the country, and was given the free reins to develop projects dear to her heart. Despite all the liberty she was given, there was one project she regretted never seeing come to fruition. It was the reason why she had applied for a job at Matsui Corporation in the first place.

The time machine project.

Jurina was perfectly aware of Rena’s reasons for putting it on hold. When Natsuki was born, the business woman didn’t want to be a stranger to their daughter. The idea of having her growing up with an absent parent was inconceivable to her, and she wished to be present in her life as much as possible. In that sense, the time machine was an obstacle to her objective. Once the time machine was built and Rena would begin travelling through time, she would evidently be far less present at home.

Jurina understood her wife’s reasons, and willingly agreed when Rena suggested to pause the project for a little while. Following this decision, the team working on floor 22 got transferred to other services and allocated to other projects. As the years went by and Natsuki grew up, Jurina didn’t fail to notice that her wife spoke less frequently about her childhood dream.

When they first met, Rena’s enthusiasm for this project was manifest. Jurina could tell how important it was to her, and she loved the way her eyes would brighten up when she talked at length about all the ancient civilizations she couldn’t wait to explore. For Jurina, it was a motivating factor, and it pushed her to work even harder day by day, more than decided to fulfill Rena’s ultimate wish.

These last few years, Rena’s interest in the time machine project seemed to have vanished. In fact, as they both got engrossed in their work and focused their attention on other projects, Jurina got the strong impression that Rena had purely and simply lost the desire to finish the blueprint of the time machine. The idea of Rena giving up on her dream bothered Jurina to no end. Tonight, Jurina was determined to have a conversation with her about it. Half an hour ago, they had finished dinner and Rena was busy working in the living room, while Natsuki was playing in her bedroom with Alfred.

Jurina pulled a chair and sat at the table, her arrival prompting her wife to briefly look up to her and informing her she was almost done. Jurina nodded and remained silent, trying to figure out the best way to broach the tricky subject. It was not that she hadn’t already tried. Over the course of the year, she had mentioned the time machine now and then, hoping her wife would give her the green light to resume the project.

Each and single time, Rena had replied negatively, stating Natsuki was still too young. Up to that day, Jurina had always relented when her wife used their daughter’s age as an excuse for postponing the project. Nevertheless, Rena’s blatant disinterest for the matter worried her. As she waited patiently for her wife to finish her work, she already had all the arguments lined up in her head. Tonight, she was well decided to make herself heard and do everything in her capacity to change Rena’s mind.

“Is there something you wished to tell me?” Jurina, who was lost in her thoughts, glanced back at her wife’s question. Rena had paused what she was doing, and was watching her in a mixture of curiosity and interest.

“Yes, but I’ll let you finish your work. It can wait.”

Jurina expected her wife to follow her instructions and resume what she was doing. To her surprise, Rena pushed the tablet aside, giving Jurina her undivided attention. “No, I can sense it’s important. What is it?”

By Rena’s expectant look, Jurina knew she wasn’t planning on completing her task until she had received a satisfying answer. Taking a deep breath, Jurina finally confessed what had been troubling her for far too many months. “I wanted to talk to you about the time machine project.”

Rena released a small sigh, and Jurina guessed she didn’t particularly enjoy the direction this conversation was taking. Rena’s reluctance to talk about it was obvious, but Jurina refused to let it go. “I know you wanted to put this project on hold until Natsuki was old enough, and I agree with you that it was the best decision. But she’s almost five now. I think it’s time we start working again on the blueprint of the time machine. I suggest to re-allocate the previous team on floor 22. I also have a few contacts who could help us. Recently, I met with experts who could really contribute to the project.”

“Are you not satisfied with the projects you’re working on?” Rena asked, a mixture of concern and confusion filling her voice. “Is this the reason why you’re mentioning this again?”

“No,” Jurina quickly reassured her. “I like what I’m doing; it doesn’t have anything to do with that. It’s just that it’s been five years. If I didn’t know any better, I could believe that you’re not interested in building the time machine anymore.”

“What if it was the case?” Rena replied, in a decided yet gentle tone. “Would it be that surprising?”

Jurina fell abruptly quiet when she received the answer she dreaded the most. Until now, she was hopeful Rena would tell her that she was all wrong, and she had not given up on her wish to travel through time. However, there was no sign of hesitation in Rena’s voice, almost as if she had made up her mind a long time ago. “But you were so eager to go back in time when we first met. It was such an ambitious and beautiful dream. A dream I promised you to fulfill, nevermind how many years it would take.”

“I know you did, and I will always be grateful for the dedication you put in this project. But what if my goals in life have changed along the way? Tell me. What good reasons would I have to go back in time, when I already possess everything I desire in the present? Having you and Natsuki by my side makes me the happiest person in the world. I couldn’t have a happier and more fulfilling life.”

Jurina felt slightly destabilized and a little desperate, sensing her arguments were having no impact on her wife. “I think… I think you’re making a mistake.”

A warm smile spread across Rena’s face, and she extended her arm to cover Jurina’s hand with her own. “I know you only wish for my happiness, and that’s what I love about you. I’m sorry for not being more honest with you. It was my mistake. I should have told you I had already moved on and put that foolish dream behind me.”

Rena leaned forward and captured her lips in a gentle kiss, then slowly diverted her attention back to the tablet in front of her. Despite the fact the conversation was clearly over, Jurina didn’t move, and stared back at her in deep incomprehension. She wanted so much to add something. Anything that could change Rena’s mind. Since when did Rena believe her dream was foolish? It wasn’t foolish, and not incompatible with her family life anymore. Jurina felt both frustrated and bothered by the turn the conversation had taken, deep down convinced Rena would regret her decision. 

“Read me a story, mama!”

Jurina, who was putting Natsuki to bed, smiled to herself. Once she considered Natsuki was tucked properly, she glanced back at her, expecting to hear such a request from the moment the little girl rested her head on the blue pillow. These last few months, Natsuki especially enjoyed it when she read her stories before going to sleep, and they already had gone through half the little girl’s book collection.

Jurina observed her daughter, caressing her hair with affection as Natsuki pressed her favorite stuffed dog against her cheek. Given the expectant look she was giving her, Jurina knew she would have a hard time accepting no for an answer. She stole a peek at her digital watch; there was still time left until Natsuki’s bedtime. “Alright. Let’s read a story.”

Natsuki’s smile broadened and Jurina walked towards the bookshelf, looking for a story she had not read. Finding one, she grabbed the book and returned to sit by the side of Natsuki’s bed, her previous conversation with her wife invading her mind. Jurina let out a small dejected sigh, upset with herself for failing to find the right words. The idea of broaching the subject again didn’t even occur to her. Insisting would be of no use, not when her wife had made her intentions so perfectly clear.     

Natsuki called her hesitantly and Jurina jolted out of her thoughts, her conversation with her wife falling at the back of her head as she focused on the red thick hardcover book on her lap. The title was the first thing she read. “The Prince of Nagoya.”

Jurina’s mouth tugged into a smile of pleasure when the title rang a bell. It was a story her own grandmother used to read her when she was a child. Because of the distant memory, some details about the plot remained a bit blurry. “A long time ago, a young prince lived in a beautiful castle. Always composed and polite, the prince was also well educated and wise. With his shiny long black hair falling down his shoulders and his porcelain face, he was known across the country as a very handsome young man.”

“Mommy! The prince is mommy!”

Jurina paused in her reading, and looked up in surprise at her daughter’s excitement. “You think the prince looks like mommy?” Jurina laughed softly when Natsuki nodded with determination and vigor. “Alright, we’ll say mommy is the prince, then.” Jurina found her daughter’s statement amusing but didn’t try to contradict her, and continued reading the fairytale.

“Since a young age, the prince had always been a studious person, preferring the company of his books than sparring with his private tutor. Because of his neat appearance and advantageous looks, the prince drew a lot of attention, but remained solitary. He was constantly surrounded by people, but enjoyed better the quietness of his library than the liveliness of ballrooms. However, there were some duties he simply couldn’t afford to miss. One day, he received a delegation from a distant kingdom, among them a certain beautiful princess...”

Jurina made a pause. Natsuki wasn’t making a single noise and she tilted her head towards the bed in curiosity, willing to check if she hadn’t fallen asleep. The pair of eyes glued on her clearly proved otherwise. A pout formed on Natsuki’s lips. “Why did you stop, mama?”

“Sorry.” Jurina gave her an apologetic look, amused to see how fascinated her daughter seemed to be about the story. “It was love at first sight, and a few months later, they celebrated their love with a beautiful wedding. They were very happy together, until tragedy struck.”

“N–No,” Natsuki’s voice quivered, and she tightly squeezed Duran. “Did something happen to the princess?”

Jurina smiled inwardly, impressed by her daughter’s perceptiveness. “A king visiting their kingdom fell madly in love with the princess and tried to seduce her, but soon became conscious the princess’s heart would never belong to another but the prince. However, the king refused the concede defeat and, one night, took advantage of his hosts’ hospitality to kidnap the princess.

The young prince was devastated but powerless against the evil king: his young and small army was no match against the king’s trained and experienced soldiers. Nevertheless, the young prince refused to give up on the woman he loved. He couldn’t bear the thought of spending the rest of his life without his beloved princess by his side.

With no other options left, the prince did the unconceivable: he sought help from a witch. His advisors desperately tried to change the prince’s mind, warning him about her unpredictable, dangerous powers. The prince, who had always carefully listened to his advisors, dismissed every single one of their warnings. He was ready to face any danger to save the princess. One early morning, he took his horse and rode in search of the witch who was told to be living in a forest a few days away from his kingdom.

He found the forest but it was so vast, that he soon got lost in its immensity. After wandering in the forest for days, both exhausted and beginning to lose hope of saving his princess, he came across a small wooden hut. The prince, realizing he had discovered the witch’s hideout, got off his horse, his vision blurred and his steps unsteady as he approached the cabin. He had not eaten or drunk a single drop of water in several days.

Despite his undeniable relief, he was cautious when he arrived in front of the wooden cabin, his fingers clutching the pommel of his sword as he pushed the door. When he came face-to-face with the old witch, his advisors’ warnings came to the forefront of his mind, but he refused to let his fear transpire in front of her.

The witch invited him to take a seat and, after assessing the situation and judging the elderly woman harmless, he relaxed and explained the reason of his presence. The whole time, the witch listened to him with attention, not once interrupting him. As the prince finished narrating his story and hesitantly voiced his request, he feared the witch would refuse to help him. The prince had always been praised for being very perceptive, and it destabilized him when he found himself incapable of reading her thoughts.

To his surprise, she agreed to help him. The prince was so overjoyed, that he promised to give her everything she wanted if she brought him back his beloved princess. The witch was satisfied by his offer and agreed to his terms, but didn’t specify what she wished in return. The prince didn’t think too much of it. He wasn’t very rich, but his princess was worth all the gold in the world…That’s when–”

The sound of the bedroom’s door opening stopped Jurina in her reading, and she looked up, witnessing her wife standing on the doorstep. Rena’s gaze fell on her, then lingered on the little girl lying in bed. “It’s time to sleep, honey.”

“No!” Natsuki protested vehemently. “Mama hasn’t finished the story! I want to know what happens to the prince and the princess!”

“You have school tomorrow. It’s already past your bedtime,” Rena smiled, gently reminding her.

Natsuki’s disappointment was manifest, but Jurina knew she couldn’t argue with her wife when she cast a look at the digital clock on the wall and noticed the late hour. Rena was right: she got a little carried away. Jurina placed a bookmark at the page she was reading, and gave Natsuki a small embarrassed look. “Mommy is right. Natsuki needs to sleep if she wants to make beautiful drawings tomorrow.”

“Duran is not sleepy! Look!”

Natsuki held her stuffed dog in the air and Jurina smiled, considering reading a few more pages to please her daughter. When her wife cleared her throat behind her back, she knew the latter wouldn’t let her indulge in their daughter’s whim. “I’ll continue the story tomorrow, alright?”

Jurina stood up from the bed and replaced the book on the shelf, then faced back her displeased daughter. “Promise?”

“Yes, I promise.” Jurina nodded, and leaned down to kiss Natsuki’s cheek. “Sleep well. Mama loves you.”

Jurina pulled back and stepped aside, Rena approaching and pressing a kiss on Natsuki’s forehead. “Mommy...” Natsuki caught Rena’s arm as she was retreating. “The prince is going to save the princess, right?”

Rena’s eyes widened slightly at her daughter’s question. She wondered what she was referring to, then guessed it probably had to do with the story Jurina was reading her. “What does Natsuki think?”

“I think the prince is very strong and loves the princess. He will find a way to deliver her from the evil king.”

Rena smiled at her, and traced the line of her daughter’s cheekbone and jaw tenderly. “I’m sure he will. Goodnight, darling.”

Natsuki followed her parents’ retreating form as they turned the light off and left the door slightly ajar behind them, her attention drawn to the book resting on the shelf. The temptation to sneak out of bed and read the rest of the story was very strong. However, she soon gave up on the idea, knowing she was still too young to understand all the complicated words written on the pages. Reluctantly, Natsuki closed her eyes and held Duran close, impatient to discover how the brave prince would save his beloved princess.

TO BE CONTINUED
Version revised on August 25, 2019.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 04:17:05 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing