JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Olivia - Denial

Author Topic: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 15 (25/03/2020)  (Read 55120 times)

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 9 (08/02/2017)
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2017, 02:44:00 PM »
Yep that's what i mean, from reading the prologue or maybe the first chap, well i forgot, and don't know why usually if a story with "time" as the genre, there's somehow something bad or sad happening.

Probably because in relationship "time" is the worst enemy

Somehow reading this comment, then I can't help to think something bad really is going to happen.
And then the chapter's contains are about Rena's losing her dream of making the time machine and Jurina reading Natsuki a bedtime story halfway and promise to continue next time. It makes me think something bad is going to happen to Jurina that makes her can't continue tha story and that something will make Rena continue the time machine project  to reverse it.

Offline Rena-chan Daisuki

• I'm a Silent Reader n only post sometimes~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • College Student n Statue Maker
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 9 (08/02/2017)
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2017, 07:05:48 PM »
Yep that's what i mean, from reading the prologue or maybe the first chap, well i forgot, and don't know why usually if a story with "time" as the genre, there's somehow something bad or sad happening.

Probably because in relationship "time" is the worst enemy

Somehow reading this comment, then I can't help to think something bad really is going to happen.
And then the chapter's contains are about Rena's losing her dream of making the time machine and Jurina reading Natsuki a bedtime story halfway and promise to continue next time. It makes me think something bad is going to happen to Jurina that makes her can't continue tha story and that something will make Rena continue the time machine project  to reverse it.

Sorry for making you think it as well
well right from before don't know why i feel Jurina is the one that going to get hurt
and as your theory say, i do agree with it

Now i'm just preparing my heart for it.... :banghead: :bow:

Offline genkingblack

• not hiatus/abandon my fics but really have no time to write.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • タマです
    • genkingblack
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 10 (04/03/2017)
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2017, 06:00:36 AM »
Natsuki is such a cutie  XD
I want to see her interaction with furuyanagi's daughter more :3

For some reason i don't feel really worried about this fic after 'kids' appeared. It makes the story less tense, yet add adorable point haha

Why rena is so easy to let go that dream??
So after married her priority has changed as well?
My Projects :
GenkingBlack's Vault [OS/Short Stories] Last update 4-Apr-17
Brave Enough On Going Last update 16-Mar-17
Love is Serious, When War is Involved   Hiatus Last Update 12-Mar-17
Heartsmith | On Going Last Update 19-Oct-17
Hidden Vault | Perv Section

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2017, 12:03:42 AM »
Thank you very much for the new chapter.
It's a shame that Rena has given up on her dream. But I understand herdecision.

Offline Guacamoolee

• Member+
  • Silent reader
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2017, 03:21:41 AM »
I'm starting lo love this Natsukid!  :cry:
Why does she have to be this cute it's not fair!  XD XD XD XD

In this chapter I can feel that Rena is dominating the family like the figure of a father while Jurina is a very submissive wife :hehehe:
I'm still have no idea about the continuity of their time machine project though. I don't know why but I think Jurina couldn't just let Rena canceled the project easily.
Is Jurina been plotting something??  :dunno:  I'll leave the answer to author-san xD
Please update soon author-san!
Thank you!

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

• Member+
« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2017, 05:06:54 PM »
“[...] What good reasons would I have to go back in time, when I already possess everything I desire in the present?”

I think I can understand Rena's reason that she's not interested to build the time machine anymore. There should be something really HUGE to change her mind about that.

“No!” Natsuki immediately protested vehemently. “Mama hasn’t finished the story! I want to know what happens to the prince and the princess!”

Natsuki’s disappointment was manifest [....]

The temptation to sneak out of bed and read the rest of the story was very strong. However, she soon gave up [...]

I FEEL YOU, NATSUKI-CHAN! I also want to know what happens next!  :frustrated:

Anyway, author-san, I thought in this chapter you would write about the dinner between both families (Furuyanagi and WMAtsui).
I wonder how Shizuru and Natsui would interact after the "embarrassing" moment. :hee:

Offline kuro_black29

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • (´∀`)♡ WmatsuixMayuki (Blackdawnindisguise)
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2017, 11:09:37 PM »
:ding: :ding: :ding: :ding:
:kneelbow: :kneelbow: :kneelbow: :kneelbow:
Live in the land of mist..nahh just kidding..
Live in the land of Wmatsui and Mayuki...
World of fantasy..World of Lalaland~

(っ´▽`)っWmatsui~Mayuki ♡ (。’∀’。)

Tend to forget things but not mah fav author and fics

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Faithful WMatsui shipper
    • sophcaro
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2019, 03:46:47 PM »
Now that my Heartbeat trilogy is completed, I'm planning on resuming my paused fics.

Back in Time is the first fic I will be updating.

In anticipation for the publication of chapter 11, I've revised the 10 first chapters. The story is almost 3 years old, and it required some editing & improvement. I also extended some passages & added a couple of new scenes!

Feel free to check the previous pages of this thread to access the revised versions.

CHAPTER 11 ON AUGUST 30, 2019!

« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 05:12:23 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing
- One Shot collection: Her Sun | Completed
- Fire and Water | On hiatus

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 11 (30/08/2019)
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2019, 02:29:26 PM »

CHAPTER 11

The sound of the front door opening, followed by the virtual voice welcoming Jurina in the house, reached Rena from the bedroom. At once, she looked up from her work and tilted her head to her vintage yet beloved red alarm-clock. 11:15 p.m. Jurina was even more late than yesterday. Rena found herself once more curious to discover what kind of project seemed to monopolize all her wife’s attention recently, and also knew she needed to address a certain situation that had occurred during dinner.

A little before 8 p.m., Jurina had called home to warn she would be late, and it was best they didn’t wait for her. Rena had followed her instructions, warning Alfred to prepare the table for two. Soon after, she and Natsuki had settled at the table while Alfred served the food, and it didn’t take long for Rena to be testimony of Natsuki’s difficult behavior. Natsuki wasn’t talkative, barely answering her questions about her day at school, and wasn’t being cooperative when it came to finishing the plate in front of her.

“Mama is not eating with us?” They were in the middle of dinner when Natsuki finally admitted what was troubling her. 

“No, mama is working late. She’ll come and kiss you goodnight as soon as she arrives,” Rena smiled, trying to cheer her up. “Now, Natsuki needs to finish her vegetables.”

Natsuki pouted and played with her green beans. “But I don’t like them. And I’m not hungry anymore. Can I go and play in my room?”

“Natsuki won’t grow as tall as her mama if she doesn’t eat her vegetables,” Rena said, her voice firm but gentle.

“Mama never forces me to eat them if I don’t want to,” Natsuki mumbled, looking down at the floor.

Rena paused at the revelation and regarded her daughter, but she was cleverly avoiding her gaze. Rena let out a small, almost inaudible sigh, making a mental note to have a conversation with her wife later. “Alright. You can leave the table.”

“Thank you, mommy!” Natsuki smiled widely, jumping out of the chair. Rena followed her retreating form as she ran towards the staircase, only to see her retracing her steps back to her with a hesitant look. “Can Alfred come and play with me?”

Rena turned to their robot who was busy cleaning up the dishes, and who had instantly looked upon the calling of his name, his eyes now darting between both his mistresses. “Yes, Alfred can play with you.”

“Mistress? Are you sure?” The robot’s gaze dropped to the plates in his hands, then looked back at Rena questioningly.

“Yes, it’s fine. I’ll take care of it,” Rena assured with a smile.

The robot’s eyes remained fixed on her, visibly torn between carrying out his duty and obeying his mistress’s new order. At last, he emitted a sound of agreement and carefully replaced the plates on the table, Natsuki not wasting time in grabbing his hand and quickly leading him towards the staircase.

Rena realized she truly hadn’t seen time passing by after dinner. Much as she didn’t enjoy bringing work at home, she had an important business meeting to attend in the morning, and she wished to check one last time that she had all the elements. Rena turned off the tablet computer and, while waiting for Jurina’s arrival, decided to go and check up on Natsuki. She got out of bed and made her way outside, carefully pushing their daughter’s bedroom door, only to catch a glimpse of Natsuki sleeping soundly.

At the sight, a warm smile moved to Rena’s lips. As she was about to close the door, she distinguished the sound of footsteps approaching behind her. “You’re still awake?” Jurina whispered, surprised.

“Yes, I was finishing reading a few documents,” Rena nodded with a smile, kissing her back when Jurina pressed her lips against hers. Rena stepped aside to let her wife enter their daughter’s bedroom, Jurina leaning over Natsuki’s sleep form to plant a kiss on her forehead, before quietly retreating.

They both took the direction of their bedroom. While watching her wife getting prepared for the night, Rena slipped under the covers, before Jurina joined her in bed and switched the lights off. As they faced one another, Rena snuggled close to her and looped one arm around Jurina’s waist, asking the question that had been nagging her for far too long. “What have you been working on all these evenings? You still haven’t told me.”

Jurina tensed in her arms. “I-It’s a complicated project. I really don’t want to say anything until it’s finished.”

Rena frowned at her vague explanation. “I can’t have a hint?”

Jurina shot her an amused look, and tucked a strand of hair behind Rena’s ear. “My God, you are so curious. It doesn’t matter how many times you ask. I won’t tell you anything. You’ll have to be a bit more patient.”

“There’s really nothing I can do to convince you?” Rena slipped a sneaky hand inside Jurina’s pajama top, tracing her fingers along the length of her back in a sensual caress.

Jurina felt her heart beat more rapidly, drawn to those irresistible lips taunting her. She could no longer hold back and slowly lifted Rena’s nightdress, only to feel her jerk at her touch when her fingers came in direct contact with her thigh. “Sorry, my hands are cold?” She winced, and withdrew her hand. “The evenings have been quite chilly lately. Alfred usually reminds me to bring my gloves, but he forgot this morning.”

“Always poor Alfred’s fault,” Rena said cheekily, before remembering a particular topic she had wished to tackle with her wife. “I never realized until today how much you spoiled our daughter.”

“Eh?” Jurina’s eyes widened in surprise. “I don’t spoil her.”

“Oh, come on,” Rena chuckled, shaking her head in disbelief. “We both know that you’ve always been Natsuki’s favorite. Today, during dinner, she refused to eat her green beans. Apparently, you told her that she didn’t have to eat them if she didn’t want to.”

Jurina felt like a deer caught in the headlights. “W-Well, it’s true that she doesn’t like them very much, so I might have said…” she swallowed nervously at her wife’s inquiring look. “It won’t happen anymore. I’ll make sure she eats her vegetables properly next time.”

“Good.” Rena cradled Jurina’s cheek in her palm and kissed her, a satisfied expression on her face. “If you could also limit the number of candies you give her behind my back, I would very much appreciate it.”

Jurina made a face, realizing she had been caught in the act, before her eyes twinkled with mischief. “I think my wife is jealous.” When Rena arched an eyebrow, Jurina leaned in, pressing their bodies closer. “She also wants to be spoiled.”

Jurina moved on top of her and quickly attacked the crook of her neck, Rena laughing and twisting as Jurina relentlessly tickled her in the ribs. After a little while, Rena tapped her arm, asking for a respite, and Jurina complied, shooting a playful, mischievous look at her. Ultimately, Rena’s laughing died down and she stared into the pair of brown eyes never leaving hers, catching Jurina’s hand and slowly replacing it on her thigh. “It’s true the nights have been cold lately. I guess it can be the occasion to warm you up?”

Jurina’s eyes gleamed with expectation at her wife’s explicit tone, knowing exactly what she had in mind for tonight when she witnessed the hot desire burning in her eyes. Jurina swooped down, kissing her fiercely, Rena returning the kiss with equal passion. Unable to stop herself, Jurina’s hand moved on her thigh and raised the nightdress hem higher, pulling it over Rena’s head then removing her panties, her own nightshirt and underwear soon being disregarded and following the same path on the floor.

Jurina felt Rena’s chest heaving against her body, and she let her fingers dance across the skin of Rena’s cheek and down to the line of her jaw. She admired every curve of Rena’s breathtaking body, as if seeing her naked for the first time. She kissed her neck, suckled her breasts and caressed her body with such a soft, gentle yet firm touch, as if nothing else mattered but here and now.

Rena shuddered in pleasure and wove her fingers into the soft strands of Jurina’s hair, guiding her mouth back on hers. Jurina obliged and lowered her lips on to hers, drugging, kissing her into pure bliss, making Rena’s body quiver with anticipation as to what was to come next. Jurina’s heart quickened, and her hand moved down her torso, past her navel and below her waist, where Rena ached for her.

For a brief instant, a part of their previous conversation rushed back to Jurina’s mind, admitting to herself that it was getting harder to keep a secret from Rena when her curiosity only increased with the passing of the weeks. But Jurina refused to relent and ruin the surprise. She was so close to reaching her final objective. A few more weeks. It was all she needed to finish it. In time for Rena’s 30th birthday.

Jurina stirred aware at the feeling of someone pulling at the bedcover repeatedly. She slowly fluttered her eyes open, only to discover Natsuki tightly holding Duran and standing by her side of the bed. Jurina blinked, briefly noting that it was past 2 a.m. as she tried to assess the situation, before guessing by her daughter’s frightened look that something had disturbed her sleep.

“What’s wrong? Did you have a bad dream?” Jurina asked in a whisper, receiving a quick, silent nod in return. “Alright, go back to your room. I’m coming.”

Jurina sleepily watched Natsuki leave, and turned around in bed, relieved to find her wife still sleeping peacefully by her side. Rena’s arms were wrapped around her waist, and she slowly disentangled herself from Rena’s embrace, not resisting laying a gentle kiss on her cheek before she slipped out of bed. It took her longer than she anticipated to encounter in the obscurity her clothes scattered on the floor, a smile unconsciously moving to her lips at the remembrance of their passionate lovemaking.

After getting dressed, Jurina gave her sleeping wife one last lingering look, her mouth tugging into an amused smile as Rena unconsciously drew closer to her side of the bed in her sleep. Jurina approached the door and quietly made her way outside to enter Natsuki’s bedroom, only to find her daughter sitting in bed with a scared expression plastered all over her face. After taking a seat by the side of her bed, Jurina stroked her hair and spoke to her softly. “What did you dream about?”

Natsuki looked the other way, embarrassed. “I-I don’t want to say.”

“You know you can tell me everything,” Jurina said encouragingly, playing with the stuffed dog secured in Natsuki’s arms.

There was a short pause before Natsuki hesitantly spoke. “I dreamed that the prince wasn’t strong enough to save the princess.”

It took a few seconds for Jurina’s brain to register what she was referring to, until understanding crossed her features. Jurina felt a slight twinge of guilt, now remembering indeed that she never finished reading the bedtime story. These last few weeks, she had been working later than usual. And, by the time she arrived home, Natsuki was already fast asleep. “Why didn’t you ask mommy or Alfred to read you the story?”

“No! I want mama to read it!”

Jurina smiled a little defeatedly. It was during those moments that she recognized Natsuki’s characteristic stubbornness. A trait of personality that her daughter had apparently inherited from herself, according to her wife’s own words. “What if I read it to you when I get home tonight?”

Natsuki’s eyes brightened. “You will? You promise?”

“I tell you what.” Jurina’s voice lowered and she leaned forward, as if wanting to share a big secret with her. “I will even leave the office earlier to pick you up from school. What do you think? Would you like that?”

“Yes! Yes!” Natsuki nodded rapidly, head bobbing.

Jurina raised her pinky finger with a conspiratorial smile. “So does it mean we have an agreement?”

Natsuki giggled, wrapping her finger around Jurina’s, and spontaneously reached forward to kiss Jurina’s cheek. “Duran says it’s a deal.”

“Good.” Jurina wore a serious expression on her face as she gazed down to the stuffed dog and shook his leg, sealing the agreement, before looking up at her daughter grinning from ear to ear. “It’s now time to go to sleep. Or you’ll be very tired at school tomorrow morning.”

She didn’t need to say it twice that Natsuki was already laying down and making herself comfortable in bed, Duran closely pressed against her. Jurina smiled knowingly at her, figuring out by her daughter’s current excitement that it would take a few good minutes for her to fully calm down and fall asleep. Jurina tucked her in bed properly, soon meeting her daughter’s expectant look. “Can you stay with me?”

“Yes, I will.” Jurina dropped a kiss on her forehead, witnessing a huge smile appearing on Natsuki’s face. “And you don’t have to worry. The prince is very, very brave. He will never stop fighting until his princess is free from the evil king.”

Jurina watched her fondly as Natsuki slowly closed her eyes, reveling in her happiness of having such an adorable and beautiful daughter. There was no denying that she found great accomplishment in her job, and nothing gave her greater satisfaction than to reach the objectives she had set and to carry out a project to its end with success. However, if there was one thing that fulfilled her even more as a human being, it was to be surrounded by the two people she loved the most in this world. Because her wife and her daughter were her biggest pride in life.

TO BE CONTINUED
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline 0jyuri

« Reply #89 on: August 31, 2019, 12:19:43 PM »
Well that was fast. I thought I need to wait longer for your update and please continue the prince story that you wrote in this fanfic I'm really curious about it.

Offline Ranjum

« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2019, 07:47:00 AM »
Silent reader here.  I've been following your works since last year.  Your Heartbeat Trilogy - i have no words,  can't count how many times I've reread everything. 
Anyways,  back to this story,  i feel like something ominous would happen next,  im thinking of that kind of plot,  jurina being brought to the past by the time machine and to an unknown timeline... 

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

• Member+
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2019, 05:07:53 PM »
WELCOME BACK, CUTE LITTLE NATSUKI AND ALFRED! How I miss you both! :luvuluvu:

Anyway, I’m really curious about the project that Jurina’s doing. What kind of project is that? What will happen on Rena’s 30th birthday? Will something terrible happen that day?  :cool1:

I’m just as curious as Rena. Though it’s only Rena who has the super power to make Jurina confess actually, if she was persistent enough during those cold nights. We all know that Rena is Jurina’s weakness :wahaha: I admire that Jurina could handle Rena in that situation. Rena was very smart, but yes, Jurina was very stubborn. It should be Jurina who got distracted, but she didn’t. She still managed to keep her secret with her. Wow. :kneelbow:

I wonder if Natsuki’s dream about the prince and his princess has a correlation with what Jurina is doing. Jurina really spoiled Natsuki, maybe she had a hint about her future? (Well, from this chapter we know who Natsuki’s favourite is hehe...)

Thank you author-san for bringing back this story after years. Ganbatte! :on woohoo:

Offline facarous

« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2019, 05:16:29 PM »
Hi Sophcaro.
Welcome back with Back in Time!
It has been a long time since you  published a chapter, right? :welcome

I've had to read again the previous chapters, to remember certain details un orden to not have problems reading this chapter. I've noticed that you changed certain details here and there and I think that is normal, after all, you paused the fic for a good time now and when you resume it, it's normal that you find situations that you believe could be improved.

In this new chapter, you show us the kind of interaction they have as a family: both mothers taking turns to be able to be with little Natsuki when the other is busy working. We can also see that Rena has problems with certain behaviors of Natsuki and all because of Jurina-mama who had spoiled her so much!!. Bad, bad Jurina-mama!!  :smhid :smhid

Alfred is a great help for both mothers and a good friend for little Natsuki, thing that I consider very cute . Alfred is still my favorite character XDXD I'm very sorry Rena and Jurina, but my heart belongs to Alfred XD  :love: :love:

Now ... as for Jurina's suspicious behavior ... I'm completely sure something is up and I bet my salary that has to do with the time machine !! Rena has to improve her interrogation tactics if she wants to have an answer (if you know what I mean  :roll:)

And you know, the bedtime story that Jurina reads to Natsuki ... you know, I have a bad feeling about all this. A very BAD feeling! Author-san, are you going to make us suffer, right? :cry:

Thanks for coming back to this story! After the Heartbeat trilogy, we definitely still have a lot of Sophcaro to read !!

I will wait to the next chapters!  :heart:

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
Re: Back in Time [WMatsui] - Chapter 12 (12/01/2020)
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2020, 01:48:01 PM »

CHAPTER 12

It was almost 7 p.m. when Rena arrived home, a heavy sigh of exhaustion escaping her lips as she passed the front door. Removing her raincoat and boots, she rubbed her forehead at her headache, placing her wet umbrella in the basket. Today, and following months of intense negotiations, she had at last signed an important contract with the CEO of a leading specialty pharmaceutical German company. The business woman was pleased and proud to have reached such a great deal, the 5-year contract partnership opening their products to the European market.

This morning, she had arrived at the office a little before 7. Along with the other members of her company working on this negotiation, they had revised in detail all the terms of the contract, while waiting for the arrival of their foreign counterparts. Rena wished to put all chances on her side, refusing to let pass such an incredible opportunity. After a 4-hour meeting with the German representatives, their brand-new collaboration had been formally sealed with a long-awaited signature.

Rena progressed forward in the hallway, feeling her own strengths leaving her. Outside, the wind and rain were fierce, announcing an imminent tempest, water droplets hitting the house windows with a deafening noise. After such a long tiring and stressful day, Rena had one desire: to have a light, quick dinner and join her bed.

Rena entered the living room and dropped her briefcase on a chair, startled when she noticed the obscurity greeting her and the unusual quietness of the house. Her gaze drifted to the top of the staircase, wondering why she couldn’t hear Natsuki playing, then noticed their domestic robot standing by the side of the living room’s television. That definitely piqued her curiosity. “Alfred? Why are you not playing with Natsuki?”

When the robot didn’t react, Rena blinked in confusion. “Alfred, did you hear me?”

His large blue eyes lightened at last, and the robot stepped forward; acknowledging her presence. “M-Mistress? Y-You c-called m-me?”

“Yes. I asked why you were not upstairs with Natsuki,” Rena repeated, destabilized by the slight jerks in his metallic voice.

Rena was taken aback by his lengthy response time.

“That’s because little Mistress is upset that Mistress Jurina didn’t come to pick her up after school. She refuses to let me enter her room.”

“What do you mean, she didn’t pick her up? Weren’t they supposed to go to the zoo today?” Rena asked, feeling a tinge of doubt. “Show me the calendar.”

The robot projected an image on the wall, blurry and unreadable at first, which caused Rena to gaze back at the robot in curiosity, before it adjusted and got clearer, revealing the family’s monthly schedule. Rena’s confusion arose; the data displayed confirmed what she thought. Jurina was indeed supposed to leave work earlier today to spend quality time with their daughter.

“Did Jurina warn you about any change of plans?” Rena asked, seeing the robot nodding negatively in response. She stood in the living room for a moment, analyzing the situation. Alright; that was strange.

Rena retrieved her Bluetooth earpiece from her vest pocket, and placed it inside her ear. “Call Jurina.”

Calling Jurina. The device responded to the command, dialing. Rena waited, hearing the call ending after one ringing, and falling on Jurina’s voicemail. Rena extracted the earpiece, checking it for any potential malfunction, then put it back inside her ear when nothing appeared out of the ordinary. “Call Jurina.” She repeated, the robotic voice recognizing the command and dialing the requested number. A couple of seconds later, she reached the same result.

Straight to voicemail.

Rena removed the communication device, and faced Alfred’s expectant look. “Something unexpected must have come up at work.” She tried to keep her voice light and unconcerned, but knew she’d failed when she saw Alfred frowning at her.

“Mistress Jurina always calls when she’s delayed at work,” the robot answered, visibly not convinced by the explanation.

Rena didn’t say anything, knowing he was right. It wasn’t like Jurina to not warn them if she was going to be late, even less not to respect a promise made to her daughter. Natsuki was Jurina’s little sunshine. She spoiled their daughter like no one else, always ready to please her and give in to all of her whims. For nothing in the world, would she do anything to tarnish Natsuki’s happiness.

Rena kneeled in front of the robot, catching his hand. “Don’t worry. I’m sure we’ll have news from her very soon.”

They held one another’s gaze, the mechanical fingers closing around hers. Rena’s mouth broadened into a smile at the glimmer of hope shining in his blue eyes, amazed by how expressive the humanoid robot could prove to be. Some days, it was so easy to forget that he was a machine, by the genuine, great affection he harbored for the three members of the family. But Rena knew his unfailing loyalty would always go to one member above all. It was the person his eyes had laid on for the very first time, when he got switched on almost a decade ago. It was the one who had held his hand, and given him a unique name, and to whom he had vowed to obey and serve his whole life.

His precious Mistress Jurina.

“I’ll go and see Natsuki.” Rena gently slipped her hand away from his grasp, receiving a weird crackling sound of agreement in response. The latter made Rena pause, asking herself if something couldn’t possibly wrong with the robot, making a mental note to herself to mention it to Jurina later.

Rena climbed the stairs leading towards the first floor, fearing nothing she would say would be sufficient to quell their daughter’s disappointment. Approaching Natsuki’s bedroom, she distinguished the light filtering from underneath the door, but the deadly silence reaching her did not augur anything well about her daughter’s mood.

She opened Natsuki’s door, seeing an instant look of relief greeting her, only for it to transform into a blatant disappointment at her sight. Rena wasn’t offended by her reaction; she knew it wasn’t her that their daughter longed to see the most right now. Rena stood at the entrance of the room, taking a moment to study the scene. Natsuki was sitting on the floor, head low, her back leaning carelessly against the side of the bed. Duran, her all-time favorite stuffed toy, wasn’t in her arms but laying on the pillow, while her toy box remained untouched in front of her.

“Hi honey. Mommy is home. What are you doing?” Rena leaned down, dropping a tender kiss on the top of her head. When her question was met with silence, she turned to the stuffed toy left on the pillow. “I’m sure Duran must be feeling alone up there.” She reached out for the stuffed dog and tried to place it inside Natsuki’s arms, but her daughter refused it and faced the other way.

“I don’t want Duran.”

Rena took a seat by her side, and slowly wrapped her arms around her waist. “I know you’re upset Mama didn’t come to pick you up after school,” she carefully said, seeing how her daughter refused to meet her gaze.

“She promised!”

The dramatic outburst startled her, and she met Natsuki’s angry look. “I’m sorry she couldn’t come. I know you were looking for it.” She caressed the length of her back in a soft, soothing gesture. “I wish I knew what happened, but I can only imagine that she got delayed at work. Maybe someone requested her presence and attention, and she couldn’t free herself as early as she wished.”

“Someone more important than Natsuki?” Rena witnessed her daughter’s anger progressively changing into a mixture of sadness and incomprehension.

“No, no one is more important than you.” Rena gathered her into her arms. “Don’t ever think that.” When she heard the soft sniffing against her neck, she strengthened her hold. “Your mama loves you more than anyone in this world.” Rena gently pulled away, wiping away the budding tears forming in Natsuki’s glistening eyes. “She would never do anything to make you sad, and I know she will make it up for it.”

Rena smiled at her confidently, and drew her back into a long, comforting hug. After a while, she heard the crying diminishing and she approached Duran closer to the little girl, relieved when it wasn’t rejected. “Why don’t I ask Alfred to come and play with you?” Rena offered, playfully pulling onto the dog’s tail, pretending to want to steal it from her. “What do you think? There’s still time before dinner.” When Natsuki pulled the stuffed toy into her arms in a possessive gesture, and her gaze lingered on the untouched toy box, Rena hid a smile, sensing her daughter’s mood had considerably improved.

“Yes, I’ll call Alfred.” Rena placed a kiss on her cheek.

Rena spent the following half-hour finishing some work, reassured by the high level of noise and laughter coming from upstairs. Natsuki seemed to have swapped back to her usual cheerfulness in Alfred’s presence, and it never ceased to amaze her how fast children were capable of going from one mood to the next. On occasions, Rena would look out the window, wondering what could be delaying her wife so much, and hoping she wouldn’t forget to take an umbrella to protect herself from the pouring rain.

She had almost reached the bottom of the financial report she was reading, when a sudden scream reached her.

“Mommy! Mommy!”

At the sound of her daughter’s alarmed voice, Rena raised her head from the digital tablet and left it aside on the table, standing up from the chair to join her upstairs. The instant she opened the bedroom door, she faced Natsuki’s frightened look.

“Mommy! Alfred isn’t speaking anymore!”

Rena glanced down at the humanoid robot standing by her daughter’s side, his eyes extinguished and void of their familiar blue glowing light. As she studied further her daughter’s small companion, she noted something else: the light located on the right side of his neck had turned red. “Hum, I see. Maybe he simply needs to recharge.”

Rena kneeled and lifted the robot, carrying him out of the bedroom and downstairs, closely followed by her daughter’s hurried steps. Once in the living room, she placed the domestic robot on the recharging station. She found it a bit odd. Such an incident had never happened. When his batteries were low, the robot would systematically take the direction of the recharging station on his own.

She waited for the result, Natsuki burning with anticipation beside her with Duran secured in her arms, yet was surprised when the light didn’t turn orange as usual when the robot was on charge. Rena removed Alfred from the recharging station, believing in a temporary connection problem, then put it back in place. She repeated the process a few more times, but despite her best efforts, the light remained desperately red. “I’m not sure what the problem is. Mama will check it when she gets home, alright?”

“W-What if Alfred never speaks again? What if I can’t play with him anymore?” Natsuki stammered, petrified.

“Of course, you’ll play with him again,” Rena said reassuringly, softly caressing her shoulder. “Mama often improves Alfred so he can be more intelligent and spend more time with Natsuki every day. Alfred is getting old now. He probably needs more time to rest, that’s all. Don’t worry about it.”

Rena gave her a smile, and saw her relax slightly. “Why don’t you go back and play in your room? I’ll call you when it’s dinner time.”

Natsuki looked hesitant. “I don’t want to. Can I wait for mama with you?”

“Of course.” Rena embraced her, kissing her temple. “I still have a bit of work to do. Why don’t you watch some TV in the meantime?”

Natsuki beamed in reaction, and Rena watched her retreating form as she walked away and jumped on the sofa, immerging herself in a cartoon. Rena returned to her work, yet quickly lingered back on her daughter. Two unhappy events in the same day were definitely too much to handle for such a young girl, but Rena was convinced everything would go back to normal once Jurina would return.

Rena stared up at the digital clock on the wall: 8 p.m. Usually, Alfred was the one to remind her of the time when she let herself get carried away by work, but the daily routine had been abruptly disrupted. Rena turned off the digital tablet and slipped it in her briefcase, beginning to feel concerned by Jurina’s absence. Seizing the Bluetooth device from the table and, noting she hadn’t received any message from her, she decided to give her wife another call. Her new attempt was met with the same result, and she fell onto the voicemail.

Powerless, she darted a look towards the living room; Natsuki’s attention was still entirely monopolized by the cartoon playing on the television. “Honey, it’s 8 p.m. Can you put the table on?”

Natsuki glanced back in her direction; her eyebrows arched in surprise. “We’re not waiting for mama?”

“I don’t know when mama is coming home, and it’s already late. So it’s best if we start eating without her,” Rena gently explained.

Natsuki switched the television off and slowly climbed off the sofa, Rena not missing the slight dejected look on her face as she entered the kitchen. A silence fell as they ate dinner, none of them having the desire to respect this usual time for convivial sharing. Rena could see that Natsuki was feeling down, but she was having difficulty finding the adequate words to cheer her up, equally disturbed by the situation. The reasonable part of her brain was telling her that there had to be a simple, logical explanation for Jurina’s tardiness, but the lack of news and contact from her struck her as odd and unsettling.

The sound of the front door ringing extracted both family members out of their thoughts, a sudden cry of joy escaping Natsuki’s lips as pleasure plastered her features. For a split moment, Rena did share her enthusiasm, also believing the missing member of the family was finally home, and she stood up from the table. However, her smile progressively faded away as she entered the hallway, and realized something didn’t make sense. Jurina would never ring to enter her own house.

When she opened the front door, she was faced with two police agents, their long black uniforms drenched from the rain, standing on her doorstep. “Good evening, Matsui-san. I’m agent Kimura,” said the first male officer, then motioned the female agent by his side. “And this is agent Inoue.” He removed his cap, politely bowing to her. “We apologize for disturbing you at such a late time of the day. May we come in?”

“O-Of course.” Rena stepped aside, letting them in, noticing the young female agent’s attention drawn to Natsuki who had joined her side.

“Hello, what’s your name?” The female agent asked with a gentle smile, and leaned down to her height.

“M-My name is Natsuki.” Came the shy reply.

“Hello, Natsuki. I’m Inoue-san. Your mommy needs to have a talk with my partner. Would you mind showing me your bedroom?” She asked, then glanced up to the head of the family. “That would be alright with you if I stayed a bit with her?”

Rena found herself momentarily at a loss for words by the strange request, but nodded in agreement, giving Natsuki an encouraging light tap on the back when she saw her eyes flickering hesitantly between the police agent and her. “It’s alright, honey. Go play in your room with the lady. I’ll call you when our conversation is over.”

Rena watched them leaving and climbing up the stairs - listening as Natsuki was prompt to present with enthusiasm her favorite stuffed toy to the female police officer – then was distracted by a male voice addressing her. “Matsui-san, are there other people present in the house?”

“No, it’s only me and my daughter,” Rena calmly answered. “My wife should be on her way from work. May I know what this is about?”

“Do you mind if we take a seat?” He bowed and said, indicating the direction of the living room.

Rena found her interlocutor a bit stiff, but chose to ignore it, nodding in agreement. She led the way, listening to the heavy steps of the male officer’s boots behind her, until she stopped in front of the table and offered him a seat. Once he had settled down, she mimicked his gesture and pulled a chair. The silence that followed between them felt almost heavy, Rena not missing the way the male police officer was nervously avoiding her gaze while he placed his cap down on the table.

Rena was about to repeat her unanswered question, when the new visitor faced her back and opened his mouth.

“I’m afraid I have some very bad news to tell you. Your wife was involved in a car accident. According to initial findings, the driver fell asleep, and the car’s radar system didn’t detect in time your wife’s presence on the crosswalk.”

Rena’s heart raced; her whole body stiffened. “A car accident? How is she? Is she at the hospital?”

The male police officer shifted uneasily in his seat. “The damage was too severe. By the time the ambulance arrived on the scene, it was already too late.”

“I don’t understand. W-Where is she?” Rena’s voice quivered; she felt a tightness in her throat. “Is she at the hospital? Is it serious? When can I see her?”

“You wife didn’t survive,” the male agent said, his voice filled with pain and empathy. “I’m very sorry for your loss.”

Rena felt dizzy and lightheaded. “No, it’s not… it’s not possible. It has to be a mistake. You must have the wrong person.”

“I’m afraid there’s no mistake. We found your wife’s ID card in her vest pocket. I know my words will never be enough to alleviate your pain, but the paramedics said she died instantly. She didn’t suffer.”

Rena vaguely heard the officer’s words, but barely understood them. Her headache became suddenly acute. A nausea seized her, and she had to swallow hard to keep from vomiting. The room seemed to swell around her; she could hardly breathe. The last thing she distinguished was the police officer’s alarmed voice calling her name, before blackness swept over her and she faded into unconsciousness.

TO BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 01:55:49 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing

Offline 0jyuri

« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2020, 08:04:35 AM »
What. Seriously WHY. Why did you do that.

Oh I get it. You kill jurina so rena would continue her time machine project and save jurina from the car accident. I get it.

But still you know it was too sudden. At least give me a warning.

Offline facarous

« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2020, 12:40:24 AM »
Hi Sophcaro!

I want to congratulate you!

You managed to develop the chapter in a splendid way. The mystery of wondering what is happening stays with you throughout the whole reading of the chapter.
Honestly, it’s a chapter that made me sad, but it was something I saw coming and I regret having been right about my suspicions. It’s the first time I’ve wished not to be right  XD XD :cry: :cry:

I think my biggest clue was the story Jurina read to Natsuki before bedtime in chapter 10. I know that you never write something unless it’s important for the story, you have no filler scenes. Another example, in chapter 7. You put emphasis on the fact the android stops working when their owner dies, and I knew it had to be a meaningful information.

I can also mention the way this story was structured; here you didn't tell us the way Rena and Jurina fall in love and live happily together after overcoming a series of problems. No, in ten chapters you had already written about all that with relative speed, so I knew the central problem had to be something else... the use of the time machine.

But what would make Rena show interest again in a project she had already closed? Fortunately for her the project remained active, although secretly, thanks to her wife.

It only remains to see the way in which things will be arranged. I have faith in you, I know that you are a fervent wmatsui shipper, so I know that the ending will be satisfying for everyone. 

I congratulate you for having done something that not many writers do, leaving your comfort zone and writing a different story.
As for whether you should put warnings in your stories...  I have never read a book where the author warns us that they are going to kill a character XD I think that would take away completely all the excitement of reading.

I’m looking forward to the next chapter!

Thank you for your effort and hard work.

Offline amachan48

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2020, 03:16:24 AM »
Oh my god.......

You killed Jurina. You really killed Jurina 😭😭😭😭😭

I actually already have the feeling that something bad is gonna happen for one of the characters in order to include the "back in time" theme on the story. But I cant believe that you really killed Jurina 😭😭😭😭

And Alfred!!! Oh my goodness, Alfred 😭😭😭😭

I cant wait but at the same time not ready to see Natsuki's reaction to this situations. Two of her most important persons in her life left her at the same time 😭😭😭

Offline Rena-chan Daisuki

• I'm a Silent Reader n only post sometimes~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • College Student n Statue Maker
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2020, 04:29:32 PM »
It's been awhile since i last login
Just want to say... I KNEW IT!!!😂😂😂
Anw always a fan of your work Sophcaro.
Glad to see Wmatsui fanfic still going strong, especially from you😁
Keep up the good work👍

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

• Member+
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2020, 04:44:47 PM »
NOOOOOOOO! :pleeease:
This chapter is too sad. Whyyyyy :on cloudeye:
My heart is broken to pieces. It's unbearable to Rena, and also Natsuki.

AND ALFRED ALSO DIED :imdead: Oh poor little Natsuki... She lost Jurina and Alfred at the same time. She was just too little to understand all of this.

This is too sudden. They were a perfect happy little family. I thought you'd make Jurina in coma or anything other than sudden death. I read every fic you wrote, and cried because of some of them, but this is the saddest one. Natsuki just wanted her mama to pick her up after school, and maybe read her a bed time story later. :gyaaah:

Rena, know I trust this time machine with you. Please...pleaseee make this situation better with different ending for Jurina. Please do it for the love of your life, for Natsuki, for yourself, for Alfred, and...

...for meeeeeeee...  :fainted:

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
    • sophcaro
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2020, 05:27:38 PM »
REPLIES TO COMMENTS

Honestly, it’s a chapter that made me sad, but it was something I saw coming and I regret having been right about my suspicions. It’s the first time I’ve wished not to be right  XD XD :cry: :cry:

I actually already have the feeling that something bad is gonna happen for one of the characters in order to include the "back in time" theme on the story.

With the few hints I left here & there throughout the story, it's always interesting as a writer to read people's comments and see who interpreted them well. So I'm glad to hear you guys saw it coming!

I think my biggest clue was the story Jurina read to Natsuki before bedtime in chapter 10. I know that you never write something unless it’s important for the story, you have no filler scenes. Another example, in chapter 7. You put emphasis on the fact the android stops working when their owner dies, and I knew it had to be a meaningful information.

You're right, those were the two main hints I left to prepare for the drama to come. Well done for seeing them!  :thumbup :thumbup

Just want to say... I KNEW IT!!!😂😂😂

Hehe. Yes, I remember the comment you left on chapter 9, when you mentioned believing something bad would happen to one of the main characters, and most certaintly Jurina. I didn't want to spoil anything at the time, so I chose not to reply by the affirmative or negative, but now I can say congrats  :thumbsup

NOOOOOOOO! :pleeease:
This chapter is too sad. Whyyyyy :on cloudeye:
My heart is broken to pieces. It's unbearable to Rena, and also Natsuki.

Trust me, I can understand your pain. As a writer, it's a difficult narrative arc to write, and I never take pleasure in making my characters suffer. When I elaborated this fic, I believed it would make a good story to do something a bit different, explore a theme & genre I had not written about until now. It's going to get a bit dark, but I hope you'll enjoy the ride!

Chapter 13 is coming up soon!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 11:34:33 PM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Completed

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Ongoing
- Back in Time | Ongoing