JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Geskia - Silence Fiction

Author Topic: (Artist) May'n  (Read 12005 times)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
(Artist) May'n
« on: March 19, 2010, 07:04:05 PM »
The May'n Thread
http://mayn.jp/

Profile:
Birth name: May Nakabayashi / 中林 芽依
Born: October 21, 1989
Birthplace: Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture, Japan
Bloodtype: O

May Nakabayashi (中林 芽依, Nakabayashi Mei, born October 21, 1989) is a Japanese J-Pop artist under the Horipro talent agency, Victor Entertainment label and formerly under the Universal Music label.

In 2003, at the age of 13, she participated in the 28th "Horipro - Talent Scout Caravan - Love Music - Audition" (ホリプロ・タレントスカウトキャラバン・ラブミュージック・オーディション., Horipuro・Tarento Sukauto Karaban・Rabu Myūziku・Ōdishon) and, out of the 34,911 hopefuls, became one of the 4 who survived the final eliminations at the Shibuya Club Quattro.

In 2005, she made her single debut with Crazy Crazy Crazy. The single was later re-released with an extra track. Her second single, Sympathy, was also released later that year.

In 2006, she sang the ending theme for the anime Love Get Chu ~Miracle Voice Actress Hakusho~ (ラブゲッCHU ~ミラクル声優白書~, Rabu Gē CHU ~Mirakuru Seiyū Hakusho~) which was included on her third single Fallin' in or not.

In 2007, she was chosen to be the singing voice of Sheryl Nome of the anime Macross Frontier.

In January 2008, she changed her stage name to May'n (taken from May Nakabayashi— implying her wish to become a "main" artist in the music world), which was what she was credited as on Sheryl Nome character songs that were released that year. "Diamond Crevasse" and "Lion" are among her most well-known songs.

She had her very first live performance outside of Japan in Singapore at Anime Festival Asia 08 in November.

She will perform again in Singapore at Anime Festival Asia 2009 on 21 - 22 November. She will be joined by Shoko Nakagawa, Ichirou Mizuki and Fukuyama Yoshiki.

(Information from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May'n)
Latest Releases:
Single - pink monsoon (2009-10-21)
Album - Styles (2009-11-25)
DVD/Blu-Ray - May'n Special Concert DVD「BIG☆WAAAAAVE!!」in 日本武道館 (2010-05-26)

Upcoming Release:
Single - Ready Go! (2010-07-28)

May'n - Styles
Download (thanks Lightchild@jpopsuki): @jpop  @zShare
Buy HMV
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:35:10 PM by winner »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: (Artist) May'n
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 05:13:15 PM »
And here are a few of my fave live clips, found@youtube (heavy Macross F influence showing).
The 3rd song "Diamond Crevasse" is the earliest May'n song I liked. The chorus is very powerful. :wub:

Offline donkeykong83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 05:17:24 PM »
Looks like theres no love for her around here... :nervous

I got the chance to see her live last month and she was amazing! I don't even know her before the concert but I decided to go anyway because its not everyday we get to see a jpop artist performing here in Malaysia. Her vocals blew me away and her dancing was pretty good too. I became a big fan after that and Style has been playing non-stop ever since. :grin:

Offline cberry

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 05:20:46 AM »
Her voice is awesome!!  :D  but i don't know why her solo album is not that good!!  :( I was expecting so much more from her!! when yoko kanno produced her songs for macross f she was sooo cool!! I don't know who produced her album but it wasn't that good... i was a little dissaponted with it  :(  i hope that she'll do better things

Offline donkeykong83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 04:08:07 PM »
I actually love every song on her solo album. But then again I could be biased and wouldn't say the same thing if I never saw her live...

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 10:52:39 AM »
It's actually pretty sad.
Cos I was one of those people that only liked the Macross F songs and didn't like her singles at all (actually I still don't).
It's only after I saw her live and found she had so many good songs. Then making this thread, cos she sure deserves one.

So, as an average overseas jpop listener myself, I guess many of us just don't get chances to see her live. And might dismiss her after listening to 1 or 2 singles and finding them boring, missing out on all of her great non-single songs.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 07:55:27 PM »
May’n BIG★WAAAAAVE ! in ASIA - ASIA TOUR 2010 OFFICIAL PHOTO BOOK. whew~ :nervous
Out in 2010-6-10.

Offline donkeykong83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 11:29:50 PM »
^
I just ordered mine earlier. Its sold out in CDJapan now.
I also received her Budokan concert DVD two weeks ago. Aaand... new single, "Ready Go!", out on 28 July! Woot!
You can hear the preview here..

Offline donkeykong83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2010, 07:37:40 AM »
The full PV is out!

And the camera seems to focus on her butt a lot...

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2010, 08:35:14 AM »
here's footage from Anime Expo! thanks to BlueAntz4501:

Offline donkeykong83

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2010, 03:23:35 PM »
And heres some hot news!

Quote from: Tokyo Graph
May'n sings for "The Incite Mill"

Singer May'n (20) has been chosen to sing the theme song for the upcoming thriller "The Incite Mill." The tune is a rock number called "Shinjite Miru," a play on the movie's title (which is written in Japanese as "Inshite Miru"). This is her first movie theme song since changing her stage name from Mei Nakabayashi (her real name) to May'n.

"The Incite Mill," first announced in January, is a major movie project organized by talent agency Horipro. The film, which tells the story of a group of 10 people trapped and forced to participate in a "death game," is directed by horror filmmaker Hideo Nakata. It features several of Horipro's top stars, including Tatsuya Fujiwara (28), Haruka Ayase (25), and Satomi Ishihara (23).

May'n herself has also been part of Horipro ever since she won the music competition in the 2003 Horipro Talent Scout Caravan at the age of 13. Her big break came a couple years ago when she was selected as the singing voice of the character Sheryl Nome in the popular anime series "Macross Frontier."

"The Incite Mill" opens in theaters on October 16.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 04:16:52 PM »
30sec sample of Shinjite Miru. And a trailer for the movie.

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 08:32:20 AM »
dropped a new album! "IF YOU..."

Offline tutu48

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 03:08:44 PM »
her voice is really powerful, and glad to see that she's doing nicely on musical industry..
 :twothumbs

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 12:54:24 PM »
May'n at Japan Expo 2011 signing sessions. (they're 720p, so watch them on youtube site itself for best quality)

And May'n with one of my two autographs  :w00t:

Offline krpsygafan

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 01:43:09 PM »
May'n seems quite cool from the brief clip of her song I've seen on the Oricon chart videos.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2011, 04:29:49 AM »

Brain Diver is going to be the OP for the anime Phi Brain: Kami no Puzzle (anime about sudoku?!!).

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 12:57:04 PM »
Chase The World, out on 9th May.

Opening for Accel World

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 07:03:13 PM »
Run Real Run. Theme for tv series Real Onigokko THE ORIGIN.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 04:58:12 PM »
WHO GOING!?  :hip smile:

2014 J-POP SUMMIT ANNOUNCES FIRST GUEST OF HONOR JAPANESE SINGER MAY’N AND PREVIEWS EXPANDED PROGRAMMING FOR THIS YEAR’S MASSIVE CELEBRATION

Japanese pop/rock/anime star May’n (pronounced “Main”) is known as the singing voice of Diva of the Galaxy Sheryl Nome from the blockbuster anime film, Macross Frontier, and also performed theme songs for numerous popular series such as, Accel World, Aria: The Scarlet Ammo, Shangri-La, Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha, Blood Lad, Btooom and M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane. Her powerful rock and pop vocal style has drawn critical acclaim and legions of fans. May’n sold-out Tokyo’s legendary Budokan in a single day and first performed in San Francisco for her “May’n Rock Your Beats” World Tour in 2012. She returns to the Bay Area for her very special J-POP SUMMIT live appearance as part of her 10th Anniversary "Dots and Lines" World Tour.
In addition to her special appearance on the J-POP SUMMIT main stage, the J-POP SUMMIT Festival 2014 proudly presents a May’n Special Live Concert at the famous SF live venue, Slim’s (333 11th St, San Francisco, CA 94103) on Sunday, July 20th, at 8:00pm. Advance tickets are available along with special VIP show packages that include an exclusive artist meet-and-greet. Details on the Slim’s show are available now at: http://www.j-pop.com/2014/mayn-live-concert-at-slims

May’n debuted with a pair of singles in 2008 that instantly became smash hits, each placing in the Top 3 on the Japanese Oricon weekly music charts during their debut week. In January 2009, her debut mini album, May’n*Street, was released and reached #2 on the Oricon chart during its first week. All of May’n's subsequent singles have entered the top music sales charts in Japan and as her international fame continues to grow, she epitomizes the must-see New Generation Japanese Female Rock Vocalist. Official May’n Website: http://mayn.jp/en/; Official May’n YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaynOfficial.

Lemme know who wants to interview her/cover the event for :hipheart: PM daigong :jphip:

JPHiP Radio (30/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Geskia - Silence Fiction