JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Last Alliance - Shissou

Author Topic: [TV] Revolution  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Phantom

• Member+
  • Honky Tonk Blues
[TV] Revolution
« on: September 16, 2012, 04:03:34 AM »

Quote from: IMDB
Our entire way of life depends on electricity. So what would happen if it just stopped working? Well, one day, like a switch turned off, the world is suddenly thrust back into the dark ages. Planes fall from the sky, hospitals shut down, and communication is impossible. And without any modern technology, who can tell us why?

So, I noticed there was no thread for this new/upcoming show that I'm personally really looking forward to. So I watched the Pilot episode today. The main actress Tracy Spiridakos who plays Charlie did a great job. I haven't seen a more charming lead in this type of show in a while, even though it is in some parts a pretty generic role she manages to make a memorable performance out it.

As for the show, I don't know what to make of it yet. It's too soon to judge from the Pilot episode alone. Unfortunatly it might fall into mediocracy but I enjoyed the somewhat cliche episode alot anyways, much thanks to the performances of the lead and always great Billy Burke. The premise and setting is at least pretty interesting and I'm hoping this show will go somewhere.

So have you guys seen it yet? What do you think?

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [TV] Revolution
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 01:14:15 PM »
Wow, it already started, thanks for reminding me!
There are too many shows atm that I want to see, coming back from break or starting, I have to make a list so I 'm not missing anything XD

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 01:02:51 AM »
Just saw the pilot. So far...nothing has grab my attention. I feel like I'm watching I Am Legend all over again once we see what Chicago looks like. Figured out who this General Monroe character was from the beginning. As for those pendants that are able to power up electronics, I've been wondering how they work after I saw them in the trailers. Now I know (sorta) or have a theory to how they work. Still want to know 'why' the electricity, or any type of technology is turned off.

As for the characters, other than Charlie's uncle, no one else interested me, not even Charlie. Might take a while or re-watch the episodes a couple of times when they air for me to like her, but from my first impressions....she's boring. Hot, but still boring.

Offline Phantom

• Member+
  • Honky Tonk Blues
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 01:46:47 PM »
Just watched the second episode and I think I'm starting to like this show. It's not a masterpiece by any means, but so far a pretty enjoyable show. I do have some problems with it though.
  • Not that many interesting/original characters
  • They introduce the "get the power back" plotline to fast.
  • That douchebag love interest for the lead. Seriously what is with these shows trying to force in underdeveloped love stories instead of character development.

But there are things I like aswell. Like the overall setting I think is great. The action is good and I like the lead character alot. Like in this episode where she... Spoiler: walked up to that cheif guard and shot him down pretty much in cold blod. Afterwards she said she didn't like killing and all the usual stuff but she still did it. Not like other similair situations where they refuse to kill just out of pure intentions, which is really one of the biggest clichés.

Anyways, I'm liking it so far but it's really to early to say if this show will end up being great. I plan on sticking with it this first season anyways, got nothing else to watch.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 02:26:19 PM »
I think if I was younger I would def check this out since something about 'apocalyptic' settings is so interesting, but I only have room to start watching one new series this fall and I'm reserving that for Elementary (which has Lucy Liu as Watson of all things). Idk why but a lot of shows like this seem to be flopping and getting cancelled, it's like they have a good idea but it doesn't become a great show or simply doesn't reach its audiences, like Alcatraz or Flash Forward or whatever other shows they've had recently with mystery elements that haven't lived up to expectations. The only show that seems to have truly pulled that off post-Lost is Fringe, and even that show was under cancellation threat each season because of low viewer count - I should really continue watching it now that I know it's officially been given a final season to complete the storyline with, but that's a story for another day...
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Fadeout

• ecchi
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 01:55:48 AM »
I expected this to be a bit more "serious". The way it looks it can only be compared to last year's Terranova. And it's not a compliment...

JPHiP Radio (27/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Last Alliance - Shissou