JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Japanese Girl

Author Topic: (Group) miss A (미스에이)  (Read 139679 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: (Group) miss A (미스에이)
« Reply #260 on: October 15, 2012, 10:24:30 AM »
OK Is it just because Jia's been becoming a fav for me recently, or did this video seem like Jia's video more than anyone else's. :lol: Maybe it's just my bias...

I'm not crazy about the song actually, but I'm glad that even if the song has an attitude filled message, musicwise it's quite light. Declaring independence in a way that isn't threatening, but just kind of happy celebrating.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #261 on: October 15, 2012, 03:46:41 PM »
This is such a fun and relaxing mini from start to finish, with a kind of an old school sound and vibe that JYP was obviously going for. I think I've listened to it like a dozen times now...

MV is good stuff, the dance is fun with all dem expressions (HUH? WUT?). I love all the B/W stuff with added colouring, the suits, the outfits they use in the flag photos...  tho some of the styling and outfits weren't that amazing (the polka dot tops, all the dollar bling - however in theme that might be), and yeah, Fei's huge curly hair isn't that amazing - tho I like the shorter messy style quite a bit tho... Weird.

MV making of. Suzy and Min seem to lulz in the same fashion... :lol:

Greets and pointers. "WHAT!?" :lol:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 02:20:32 PM by Stryfe »

Offline Zannpxy

• ecchi
« Reply #262 on: October 16, 2012, 01:02:09 PM »
I know i'm abit slow, but Suzy is cute as hell in running man *_*

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #263 on: October 18, 2012, 02:15:05 PM »

Woop woop. Time for dem performances. M!Countdown.

And time for some dorks. :lol:

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 03:12:34 PM by Stryfe »

Offline lala11

• ecchi
« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2012, 03:53:49 PM »
I love Suzy's moustache thing ! shes so pretty and handsome looking ahha she'll make a nice guy

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #265 on: October 27, 2012, 02:08:52 PM »

:P

Dance practice times! Miss A dancin' always a joy to watch... and look at Min's butt go at 2:38! :shakeit:

Return of the dorks. Shooting the album jacket and general mayhem.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 02:16:08 PM by Stryfe »

Offline ln91

• ecchi
« Reply #266 on: October 27, 2012, 03:17:24 PM »
I love the part in the mv where Jia is holding that dogs paw. She looks so boss. And I love gangsta b-girl Suzy.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 09:47:16 AM by ln91 »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #267 on: October 28, 2012, 01:11:09 PM »
I love the part in the mv where Jia is holding that dogs paw. She looks so boss.

Like a paws.

Suzy covering an... Adele song. She sounds pretty nice, actually!

Offline Phantom

• Member+
  • Honky Tonk Blues
« Reply #268 on: October 28, 2012, 10:41:02 PM »
I've tried keeping my nose out of Korean stuff, mainly because I can't find the time I'd like as it is to keep up with japanese pop culture. And I don't care much for Miss A in general but Bae Suzy is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in my life. This has lead me to watching Dream High and I'm slowly getting drawn into "Korea" too. Dammit!  :banghead:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #269 on: October 28, 2012, 11:34:41 PM »
Don't be mad about being drawn by Korea. JPH!P welcomes mixing of any and all fandoms!  :jphip:
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #270 on: October 29, 2012, 02:20:43 AM »
I've tried keeping my nose out of Korean stuff, mainly because I can't find the time I'd like as it is to keep up with japanese pop culture. And I don't care much for Miss A in general but Bae Suzy is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen in my life. This has lead me to watching Dream High and I'm slowly getting drawn into "Korea" too. Dammit!  :banghead:

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline Phantom

• Member+
  • Honky Tonk Blues
« Reply #271 on: October 29, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »
By the way, how big are Miss A really? I mean how big fanbase do they have a.k.a how much do their songs sell? Does anyone know? :)

Offline taetisex

« Reply #272 on: October 30, 2012, 09:46:08 AM »
am i the only one that thinks Min is ridiculously hot.....lol

Offline nanohana30

• ecchi
« Reply #273 on: October 31, 2012, 12:48:02 AM »
121028 Suzy for Canon Power Shoot S110 “Beauty & Beast” photoshoot

Click Picture for link to High Res version

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:03:13 AM by Stryfe »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #274 on: October 31, 2012, 01:04:08 AM »
^ Helped you out a bit. Next time, reup somewhere, can't go hotlinking everything. :P

By the way, how big are Miss A really? I mean how big fanbase do they have a.k.a how much do their songs sell? Does anyone know? :)

They sell pretty nicely, in the tens of thousands according to wikipedia. I also read somewhere that Bad Girl Good Girl, their debut song, had some kinda record in 2010 but shrug, I can't find anything about that right now. But yeah, they've had several #1 chart spots and have always peaked in the top 10. Suzy is far more popular than the rest of the girls, but it just helps the whole group's popularity, really, to have "Nation's Sweetheart", or whatever her official title was, among them. :lol:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:14:14 AM by Stryfe »

Offline kaiser5077

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #275 on: November 04, 2012, 04:51:55 AM »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 05:34:57 AM by Stryfe »

Offline Phantom

• Member+
  • Honky Tonk Blues
« Reply #276 on: November 04, 2012, 03:08:13 PM »
Something else I was wondering. I see Miss A getting mentioned sometimes as idols, sometimes as kpop and all that so not sure where to place them. Does korean idols, not just Miss A I guess but for instance Girl's Generation and all that, also have the no boyfriend rule of many japanese idols? I know basically nothing of the Korean entertainment industry, except that everyone is extremely obsessed with looking good. The reason I'm curious is that I'm watching Invincible Youth 2 and I don't know if it's just this show, but these Korean idol girls feel alot different from say AKB or Hello Project.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #277 on: November 04, 2012, 04:48:15 PM »
Something else I was wondering. I see Miss A getting mentioned sometimes as idols, sometimes as kpop and all that so not sure where to place them. Does korean idols, not just Miss A I guess but for instance Girl's Generation and all that, also have the no boyfriend rule of many japanese idols? I know basically nothing of the Korean entertainment industry, except that everyone is extremely obsessed with looking good. The reason I'm curious is that I'm watching Invincible Youth 2 and I don't know if it's just this show, but these Korean idol girls feel alot different from say AKB or Hello Project.

Pretty much all "young" people involved in kpop are dubbed as idols, I suppose...

Concerning the "no boyfriend" (or "no girlfriend") rule, yeah, some have the no dating ban, but some are allowed to date openly... though maybe not advised to do so. It varies. Kara's Hara is openly dating B2ST's Junhyung, for example. There's been plenty of hints provided by idols themselves that idols dating other idols is pretty natural, really. Usually it has more to do with the idols having insane schedules and no real time for love-love rather than a strict dating ban. I bet there's plenty of idol "pairs" that barely get to see each other. Korean fans can get a lot more extreme than the Japanese ones, but generally their idols dating is not as big a deal to them.

There are differences between Korean and Japanese idols, of course. The Korean system is generally far more "hard core", if you will, with pretty much everyone going through auditions and years of rigorous training before declared fit to grace the stage with their presence. It's just a different culture, really. Different styles, different standards. Japan is all about that kawaii while aegyo is more of a novelty in Korea. But speaking as someone who made the shift from Japanese to Korean idols, in the end it's the girls themselves and their personalities that make it a whole lot of extra fun. And in that way, they're really not so different at all.

Some of that "extra fun" to make this post just a tiny bit topical. xD

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #278 on: November 04, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »
To me the biggest difference concerning male-female relationships is that in Jpop (at least H!P) there's a big barrier between male and female idols. For example, the Johnny's Ent has for long had rules that their male stars can't be in the same stuff that H!P girls are. At least that's what I recall.

In Kpop, you can see male idols interacting with female idols and vice versa. Of course, it's usually humorous and quite innocent, but at least they are allowed to TALK to each other on camera sometimes. lol Situations like Running Man with 5 male idol guests and 1 female idol guest where the male idols have to lift the girl over obstacles and things I just don't see happening in Japan, ever. That kind of contact would be absolute no-no.

Still, don't be fooled into thinking that it's more progressive 8) When it comes to working laws, Korea is still behind Japan AFAIK. At least Japan has that ban that underaged people can't be working after 9PM. Kpop idols are pretty much glittery slaves.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Phantom

• Member+
  • Honky Tonk Blues
« Reply #279 on: November 04, 2012, 10:26:12 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys!

Korean fans can get a lot more extreme than the Japanese ones, but generally their idols dating is not as big a deal to them.

Really? Good to hear. That makes me happy. I've debated that rule in and out at different places, finally came down to thinking (this was with AKB in mind) that if you asked the members themselves they'd most likely rather keep the rule and their hardcore fans than giving it up and losing alot of support. In an ideal world they could both give up the rule and keep the fans, so it's good to hear Korea is different.

But speaking as someone who made the shift from Japanese to Korean idols, in the end it's the girls themselves and their personalities that make it a whole lot of extra fun. And in that way, they're really not so different at all.

Yeah, it is their personalities that are fun and in that they are alot alike. The thing is from watching Invinvible Youth though, I get the feeling that the girls like Suzy or Hyo-yeon (Girls Gen) or whoever, despite the way they look they don't have that traditionally "girly" personality. I don't know if it's just that they are doing their utmost for this show, but it looks like they don't mind getting dirty, eating raw octupus or whatever while the AKB girls riot in the studio over a slow iguana just because it's breathing the same air as them. I'm not saying one is necessary better than the other, I'm still more a fan of AKB48, but I like that they are different. Perhaps it's just me that got the wrong image of idols from the start, but after seeing these Korean idols I was very surprised. In a  good way. If anything I thought they would be even more "girly" because of the way they look.

I'm very glad for a group like Miss A though. Obviously I don't understand what they are singing, but what I've seen of their lyrics feel pretty girlpower-ish with stuff like "I don't need a man" and whatnot. I might be severely misinformed of South Korea, but if I'm not mistaken they have (just like Japan) the attitude that "girls should marry" (to some extent atleast).

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - Japanese Girl