JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: I.O.I - Hand In Hand

Author Topic: Official Racing Thread  (Read 137283 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official Racing Thread
« Reply #460 on: June 14, 2007, 05:37:35 PM »
I'll bet there will be some kind of statement from Alonso to 'clarify' what he meant in the near future. To me, sounds like he can't handle some competition.

Offline ggliff

• Jump! Jump! Let's take off!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #461 on: June 14, 2007, 08:28:57 PM »
Can't handle the pressure either. You can see it in his eyes and body language when next to the god that is Hamilton :D

lol I must say all the Hamilton hype is a bit much, but thats not his doing. Damn he sure can race, amazing. Alonso must wonder whats hit him, wasn't expecting this. Another race this weekend, great when we get one after another like this :) Wonder if the red cars will pull something out, they need to.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #462 on: June 15, 2007, 01:23:45 PM »
Well Alonso has always been quite sore when losing to his teammate.

I don't like the Hamilton hype either, but now the ferraris are out of the championship battle I rather give my support to Hamilton than Alonso. However, not accepting him to be a wunderkind of any kind, his championship would just prove that skill and experience doesn't mean anything when you're driving a relatively dominant car.
coot is ctz

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #463 on: June 15, 2007, 01:59:50 PM »
A lot of the hype comes from the British media, who aside from David Beckham, is pretty lacking in global sports heroes. Plus you have to look at the backstory. A young boy who lives with father, who had to juggle 3 jobs to keep up his son's racing hobby, grows up to become an accomplished driver. People lap up stories like that, and as a result, sells papers.

I'm not taking anything away from Hamilton though. I like him, regardless of what childhood he may have had, he's a good driver and seems like a good bloke too. Plus his girlfriend's hot :P

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #464 on: June 15, 2007, 09:08:23 PM »
Plus his girlfriend's hot :P

pics? url?
coot is ctz

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #465 on: June 15, 2007, 10:19:28 PM »
http://forum.planet-f1.com/index.php?t=msg&th=52132&start=0&SQ=1af0b3376792586e82249f3bb1cd9ab6

Not the most flattering pics, but they are the only ones I could find. I know I would!  :shakeit:

Offline ggliff

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #466 on: June 17, 2007, 08:52:28 PM »
^ Hell yes  :inlove:

Winnarrrrrrr again :D Not the most exciting race, but he never put a foot wrong. Nice move when Alonso got alongside, out-broke the world champ and did not lock up or loose his line, cool driving. Shame Sato had a bit of a nightmare after being so good last week. Ferrari's a bit closer, but still out of touch, not sure kimi likes Shu hanging around.

But the Hamilton hype is going to get worse now  :-\
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 11:35:51 PM by ggliff »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #467 on: June 17, 2007, 09:44:01 PM »
^ I don't know what will make back page. Hamilton or Beckham (probably Beckham, if only because it will mean yet another page to show Victoria) Good driving today. Not the best race, but Hamilton played it cool and got a deserved victory. Anybody see Pharrell Williams there supporting Hamilton? He was pretty enthusiastic with Hamilton's dad, but he didn't seem too keen to join in with him :lol:

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #468 on: June 18, 2007, 04:48:25 AM »
Well I think the race was exciting, of course nothing compared to Canada last week, but still it hadn't the "normal" boringness of F1.

Hamilton was good and earned his victory. Alonso wasn't too happy to lose second time in a row. However the gap is only 10 points and Hamilton only needs to crash into the wall and they're tied again. I can't believe that Hamilton wouldn't do normal rookie-mistakes. Sure he will, and then Alonso gets the points and probably the championship.

Btw, who was the guy with moustache taking the trophy for McLaren, never seen him before :)
coot is ctz

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #469 on: June 18, 2007, 04:57:02 AM »
Well, there's another race I missed. :cry:  So damn tired from the wedding yesterday that I completely slept through it.

Props to Hamilton getting his second win. Alonso better start stepping up his game. :)

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #470 on: June 22, 2007, 04:23:19 AM »
Ferrari has some problems offtrack as well...

According the recent news their wind tunnel was damaged earlier this year and may still be not working properly.

They also sued their former engineer Negley (the guy whose foot Schumi did drive over) for selling Ferrari information to Toyota. Some younger engineers also resigned after Canada GP this year.

btw, Where do you get your F1 news in english? I have tried to find a site with a wide range of news topics from driver's comments to behind the scenes stuff, but haven't found anything. All the sites are just this "positive" stuff... And nothing about Ferrari suing Negley for example.
coot is ctz

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #471 on: June 25, 2007, 10:53:09 AM »
Well Alonso has always been quite sore when losing to his teammate.

I don't like the Hamilton hype either, but now the ferraris are out of the championship battle I rather give my support to Hamilton than Alonso. However, not accepting him to be a wunderkind of any kind, his championship would just prove that skill and experience doesn't mean anything when you're driving a relatively dominant car.

Hi guys, great to be back!!
Ferrari out of the championship???????????? No way mate! Yes they havent been doing as much testing but now they are on it and they are going to hit back..... starting France.
But its the second comment on no skills required to be a champ is worth pondering over. You have really said it man. never looked at it that way. What one can add further is that if this is true then really all other drivers who have 'tried' to be at the top and have been commeneded for their efforts are really fools!!! It wasnt as tough as they made it look!!!
There should be room for rookies who are excellent drivers and can adapt & learn fast but such a show really proves that its relatively easy to do it .... esp. in a well established car! Hamilton is hyped, no doubt but he hasnt put a foot wrong and he is all over the podium. No one really has had such a dream run ever.
I saw both the races, the Canadian esp being a very interesting race. A lot went on and there really should be one such race in a season, when u are at the edge of the seat and with a lot of unanswered questions at the end of the race. Though we could do without the Kubica episode. But am happy that he shall be cleared for a run at France. Incredible F1 safety!
As always, cant wait for the next race!

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #472 on: June 25, 2007, 10:59:18 AM »
btw, Where do you get your F1 news in english? I have tried to find a site with a wide range of news topics from driver's comments to behind the scenes stuff, but haven't found anything. All the sites are just this "positive" stuff... And nothing about Ferrari suing Negley for example.

Just Google it..... I got lots of info on it. but i agree there is mostly 'positive' stuff everywhere!!

Offline ggliff

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #473 on: June 26, 2007, 12:28:23 AM »
I like PittPass, all sorts of stuff on there, positive and critical, in fact they have an article on the front page moaning about the Hamilton hype atm  :)

http://www.pitpass.com/
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 12:29:11 AM by ggliff »

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #474 on: June 28, 2007, 12:16:49 PM »
I like PittPass, all sorts of stuff on there, positive and critical, in fact they have an article on the front page moaning about the Hamilton hype atm  :)

http://www.pitpass.com/

Good site ...... though here also there isnt much on Nigel Stepney.
And ctz i dont think Schumi drove over Nigel's foot.
Cheers for the site again!

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #475 on: June 30, 2007, 01:15:22 AM »
Good site ...... though here also there isnt much on Nigel Stepney.
And ctz i dont think Schumi drove over Nigel's foot.
Cheers for the site again!

Well I don't remember whether Schumi actually drove over Stepney's foot or not, but hit him anyway and Stepney got injured.
coot is ctz

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #476 on: June 30, 2007, 11:39:28 PM »
Well the French GP starts this afternoon! the qualification was somewhat comeback for Ferrari, at least Massa got the pole. Hamilton is still driving surprisingly goo, I was expecting some rookie-mistakes already. Maybe we'll see them in the race then.

But the best thing was seeing McLaren having some techinical problems at last! And I have to admit that I like it was Alonso this time :)

A nice video showing what really happened Indianapolis... :D
coot is ctz

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #477 on: July 01, 2007, 02:04:20 PM »
Well that was interesting! Hamilton again made a podium position, but was ousted by Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa at first and second, respectively. So that was the last race we'll see of the French GP then?

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #478 on: July 01, 2007, 02:27:52 PM »
So that was the last race we'll see of the French GP then?

Probably the last one in Magny-Cours. They're trying to get the Grand Prix to the streets of Paris.

But nice to see Ferrari's comeback. And especially Raikkonen's. Eventhough he had some luck Massa jamming in traffic, but he have had bad luck this season as well. Massa was seemingly pissed in the press conference explaining about the timings and stuff. Ok, gotta admit he was right though. I can't wait Alonso's comments. There can be some honest anger... He just couldn't pass Heidfeld afterall and gap to Hamilton is already 14 points.

A great example how nowadays wins have no value... All the top4 drivers have two wins each, but in points the one who gets more podiums will win. I hope they change the points system already for the next season.
coot is ctz

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #479 on: July 04, 2007, 06:08:08 AM »
^ Moving to Paris? I don't know about that, to be honest. Right now the only other "street" course is Monaco (I think), and there's always been talk about how it's a course where it's virtually impossible to pass (aside from moments in Pit Lane).  I'd much prefer to see the race stay at an actual, proper race track like Magny-Cours instead of zipping down the Champ-Elysees.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: I.O.I - Hand In Hand