JPHiP Radio (133/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo & Matsuzaki Nao - Momen no Handkerchief

Author Topic: Official Racing Thread  (Read 137334 times)

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official Racing Thread
« Reply #520 on: August 09, 2007, 06:20:53 AM »
They acknowledge it:
Check out this ...... taking things on the lighter side:

http://www.mclaren.com/interactive/video_mbtvc_fernando_lewis.php

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #521 on: August 16, 2007, 09:28:12 PM »
I've never been a fan of Juan Pablo Montoya. IMO, he's reckless and too full of himself and overconfident in his own abilities. Case in point, in this recent NASCAR race, he takes out HIS OWN TEAMMATE in order to take the lead and the win. It's like, what, he couldn't wait for another turn so that he could safely pass the guy and actually make himself look like a good/smart driver?

[youtube=425,350]8EHEem7_LkI[/youtube]

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #522 on: August 17, 2007, 05:48:17 AM »
I've never been a fan of Juan Pablo Montoya. IMO, he's reckless and too full of himself and overconfident in his own abilities. Case in point, in this recent NASCAR race, he takes out HIS OWN TEAMMATE in order to take the lead and the win. It's like, what, he couldn't wait for another turn so that he could safely pass the guy and actually make himself look like a good/smart driver?

Well Montoya sure has given an arrogant and reckless image of himself. Still, eventhough he makes lot of stupid moves, his driving style is entertaining :) And that's why I liked Montoya in a certain way. During his F1 years he never gave up and had some good battles against Schumacher and others.

I don't know about Nascar, but at least in F1 good and smart drivers are also boring drivers. So that's why I like that there's also drivers like Montoya to give some color to the sport.
coot is ctz

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #523 on: August 17, 2007, 10:20:14 PM »
^^ Good point there about interesting dirvers. Especially on the nascar roundy rounds, where "one of them racin' incidents" adds some interest. :-)

Offline ggliff

• Jump! Jump! Let's take off!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #524 on: August 27, 2007, 09:39:48 PM »
Go red cars, nice speed this time, in front all weekend. Masa is such a nice bloke, well done for him.

Unlucky Hamilton, was doing real well till the puncture. He managed to get a front row with plenty of fuel, and beat Alonso who had less fuel in quali. The only way Alosno can beat him is s he has more problems like that in the next few races.

This season is so good, so close between the front 4

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #525 on: August 28, 2007, 09:13:55 AM »
Gimmmee RED!!!! Great result for the scarlets..... great strategy, great performance. The choice of tyres really made that extra difference to Ferrari and the team has shown that it is still in the league!!! If the hearing on the 16th goes against Mclaren and they dont get the team points they lost in the previous race, i think Ferrari is most likely to take the Constructors from them!
Tough luck for Hamilton but from the team point of view they only about lost a point (ie from being 3rd & 4th to 3rd & 5th). Well the driver's ill-luck had to hit him sometime.... its been doing rounds in Ferrari and Alonso... he had to bite the bug! Still he was better off .... could have been out of the race, had he been speeding! Seems like a little more of the luck factor would be in play for him!
This within team competition is really hotting up in both the teams. Though between teams is far more interesting but with individual Ferrari drivers being a good 20 points behind the other two.... that really seems a little impossible.

Offline sid_coz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #526 on: August 28, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »

Great video there..... only and ONLY Montoya could do that!!! And quite argee with ctz..... normal is boring. Juan did have interesting time in F1. He was piped to be the greatest when he came in and then he showed he was the greatest...... MAVERICK in times to come!!! But yes good entertainment and was not too happy to see him go to Nascar (you see we had THREE Ferrrari drivers when he was in Mclaren!! :lol:)

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #527 on: August 29, 2007, 11:26:33 AM »
Uh I came back from Japan sunday morning and I happened to sleep over the Turkish GP. Good thing that Hamilton lost points and Ferrari's got some. I have no really comments on other things happened in the race.

I hope Hamilton keep losing points and we'll get an interesting season ending again. Despite the good performance of Ferrari in the last races, I believe it is gonna be between Alonso and Hamilton this year. And for some reason  that I cannot understand myself, I'm cheering for Alonso now. Maybe it is just that Hamilton has been the dominant one this year...
coot is ctz

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #528 on: September 09, 2007, 10:07:02 AM »
Time to bump this thread up a bit, It's only few hours to Monza!

McLaren was surprisingly fast in qualifying, probably Alonso wins this Grand Prix easily.

The newest rumor about McLaren spying scandal is that if Ron Dennis quits, McLaren wouldn't get more any serious penalties. I hope this isn't true, because it would make the whole thing just some kind of personal crusade against Ron Dennis... But they have done it before too :(
coot is ctz

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #530 on: September 13, 2007, 06:34:44 PM »
^ Sunovabitch! :o

Offline ggliff

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #531 on: September 13, 2007, 06:57:09 PM »
50M, small change to big Ron lol, not really that's more than some of the small teams spend in a year!

Thank god the amazing drivers championship was not affected. Be nice to see just what the evidence was.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #532 on: September 13, 2007, 10:37:29 PM »
Well this was kinda good punishment.

Taking away constructor's points, well that's bad, but the audience cares pretty much only the driver's championship, so it's good that there's still a real fight for that.

100 million dollars sure is much money, and it sures has an effect on something. No new motorhome for next season!
coot is ctz

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #533 on: September 15, 2007, 05:12:08 AM »
What I was wondering was what evidence there would be of the advantage that mclaren got as a result of the info they received and what direct effect that had on their performance and standing in the championship. Seems there was actually little demonstrable tangible benefit.

The fia was in a tough position in penalizing mclaren because of what it would do to hurt the exciting championship race we've had this year.

A very clever move would have been to ban mclaren for two races. A truly significant penalty, and should ferrari have finished first and second in those races the points race would have tightened right up. Oh well.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 05:15:32 AM by reina's eyes »

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #534 on: September 15, 2007, 08:36:39 AM »
Two race ban would have surely make the last two races interesting, but if Raikkonen or Massa got the championship, they always have been remembered not getting it by driving but because of FIA decision. So, I think it's better this way, eventhough there will be a stain in this championship whoever wins it.

But I'm little shocked about how McLaren actually used that information they got. All the things Dennis said before seems to be bullshit. De la Rosa's and Alonso's e-mails about discussing Ferrari's weight balance and testing it in a simulator is kinda revealing. I wouldn't be surprised if Mercedes-Benz tries to get rid of Ron Dennis as soon as possible to save their face.

coot is ctz

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #535 on: September 15, 2007, 11:54:45 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #536 on: September 30, 2007, 01:05:55 PM »
Not the best conditions to race in :lol:

With a 12 point gap between Alonso, and with 2 races in China and Brazil to go, I'd say Hamilton just won the championship.

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #537 on: September 30, 2007, 07:02:11 PM »
And if he doesn't win the championship, that'll be even more exciting!

Not that I wouldn't like to see him win it, just that it would be quite a twist if he doesn't now.

Schumi tended to do poorly in the final races of the season, so we'll see about hamilton.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #538 on: September 30, 2007, 10:22:30 PM »
I'm too lazy to look this up, have there been any previous instances of a rookie driver winning the driver's championship?

Offline ggliff

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #539 on: September 30, 2007, 10:54:19 PM »
I think this will be the first time! Go Lewis. I enjoyed this race, all sorts going on, and Alonso crashing, Yay.

The red boys doing everything they can not to win again, really not got things right this year, fastish car, but real poor strategy. Also, they should really get a new e-mail ISP ;)

JPHiP Radio (133/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo & Matsuzaki Nao - Momen no Handkerchief