JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girl`s Day - Oh, Great!

Author Topic: Official Racing Thread  (Read 137309 times)

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official Racing Thread
« Reply #560 on: October 23, 2007, 06:58:36 AM »
Hamilton admitted that he messed up with buttons of his car, causing him to lose 30 seconds and the world championship.

Well, at least he's honest. I'm not sure if everyone has guts to admit losing by a embarrassing mistake like that.
coot is ctz

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #561 on: October 26, 2007, 10:01:58 AM »
I'm sure we've all heard the news but

Formula 1 will hold it's first ever night race in Singapore next year

The track will have to be illuminated up like crazy.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #562 on: October 26, 2007, 10:41:16 AM »
i shall contribute with my pictures next year then :D

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #563 on: October 26, 2007, 11:31:25 PM »
^ So Singapore's been confirmed? Sweet! Always interesting to see new tracks. :thumbsup

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #564 on: October 27, 2007, 04:14:19 PM »

The track will have to be illuminated up like crazy.

They will have independent power generators as back up :D

I can't wait for next year, finally an international event in Singapore to light up our boring lives.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #565 on: November 02, 2007, 01:47:46 PM »
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/11/7062.html

It is now official! Fernando Alonso leaves McLaren. Alonso probably goes to Renault, but McLaren has now a free driver seat! 
coot is ctz

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #566 on: November 02, 2007, 02:22:33 PM »
I heard of all places, Alonso was going to Red Bull :o Don't believe that will happen though. And he was always going to leave after this season anyway after all the Hamilton hype. So who could be Hamilton's 2nd fiddle now?

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #567 on: November 02, 2007, 05:44:54 PM »
Anyone saw WRC in Japan? So many top drivers failed to finish. Gronholm, Loeb, etc. Last two races are going to be very exiting..

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #568 on: November 02, 2007, 06:00:09 PM »
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2007/11/7062.html

It is now official! Fernando Alonso leaves McLaren. Alonso probably goes to Renault, but McLaren has now a free driver seat! 
Well, that marriage didn't last. :lol: 

I heard of all places, Alonso was going to Red Bull :o Don't believe that will happen though. And he was always going to leave after this season anyway after all the Hamilton hype. So who could be Hamilton's 2nd fiddle now?
Despite what a lot of people may think, I honestly don't believe that Hamilton had anything to do with his leaving McLaren. Alonso just never seemed as comfortable in their car and in their system compared to when he was at Renault, which is where I predict he's going to go. He and Flavio Briatorre got along really well when he was there.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #569 on: November 03, 2007, 02:20:47 PM »
I gotta say, just this week I think fame is getting to Hamilton's head somewhat. Listen to what he had to say when he announced his move to 'tax haven' Switzerland:

"You lose your ability to go to places," he told The Daily Telegraph.

"You really struggle to live a normal life. It's been a really tough year. I've not been able to spend a lot of time with my friends, my family. You come home and everyone knows you, it makes it so much harder to do normal things."

Bless. I'd have more sympathy for him however if he wasn't complaining about being pestered at the same time as hawking 'Lewis Hamilton : My Story'. And isn't it just a tad hypocritical about complaining about this newfound fame preventing him from going to the toilet without someone asking for an autograph, and yet he has no problem using it to go to the MTV Music Awards and chat up Nicole Scherzinger? :roll:

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #570 on: November 04, 2007, 02:38:56 PM »
^ well he will learn things the hard way. AND i never liked his personality anyway AND i think he did play a part in Alonso leaving.

My advice is to follow Raikonnen. Just concentrate on driving and comment only when needed.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #571 on: November 05, 2007, 01:33:44 PM »

Hamilton said that Rosberg, Kovalainen, and Sutil are the strongest candidates for McLaren. Spyker and Williams want to keep their drivers, so maybe Alonso and Kovalainen will change teams and Nelson Piquet Jr. gets the another seat in Renault.

Despite what a lot of people may think, I honestly don't believe that Hamilton had anything to do with his leaving McLaren. Alonso just never seemed as comfortable in their car and in their system compared to when he was at Renault, which is where I predict he's going to go. He and Flavio Briatorre got along really well when he was there.

I believe the why Alonso is leaving McLaren is not Hamilton, but Ron Dennis.

coot is ctz

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #572 on: November 19, 2007, 12:40:43 AM »
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 12:42:15 AM by daigong »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #573 on: December 03, 2007, 01:23:12 PM »
Loeb won the WRC for the 4th time in a row! *hooray*

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #574 on: December 10, 2007, 11:21:30 AM »
FIA had its annual gala on last friday, where Raikkonen, Loeb and others got their trophies of championship. This was the first time I've watched it, so I was a bit surprised how much they used the Iceman-theme with Raikkonen's entry to a stage. They had this "cool as ice"-song and a F1-car made of ice. I wonder what kind of themes they have used with previous champions... Or was this the first time?

Highlights:
[youtube=425,350]ZRDIxLj9wFk[/youtube]
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 11:22:43 AM by ctz »
coot is ctz

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #576 on: December 10, 2007, 11:59:22 PM »
Double Formula One world champion Fernando Alonso will return to the Renault team next season.

I was somewhat surprised at this part of the article:
Finn Heikki Kovalainen, who had an impressive rookie season with Renault in 2007, is expected to move to either McLaren, where he would partner Lewis Hamilton, or Toyota.
Considering how he did pretty well for himself in this debut season, I thought Renault would have kept him on board.  It could work out for him in the end though, particularly if he lands a ride with McLaren.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 12:01:29 AM by JFC »

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #577 on: December 11, 2007, 07:24:53 PM »
Considering how he did pretty well for himself in this debut season, I thought Renault would have kept him on board.  It could work out for him in the end though, particularly if he lands a ride with McLaren.

I guess Piquet Jr. just brought so much more money for the team than Kovalainen. Eventhough Kovalainen might be one of the top-candidates for Hamilton's teammate, it's just logical that they let Pedro de la Rosa drive instead... After kicking Alonso out, they have to do something to keep the team's spanish sponsors happy.

Probably Kovalainen ends up driving Toyota. I just hope that it won't be a long contract.
coot is ctz

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #578 on: December 11, 2007, 11:28:47 PM »
^ Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if the sponsors played a part in bringing in Piquet Jr.

Oh well, it's the nature of the business after all.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #579 on: December 15, 2007, 12:50:59 AM »
And McLaren confirmed that Kovalainen will drive for the team in 2008. I was so sure that they'll take Pedro de la Rosa or Gary Paffett. It's difficult to find any logical reason for McLaren to hire Kovalainen. Unless they really believe that he's fast. McLaren has history with Finnish drivers though, and the team's physician is Finnish... Maybe they asked him :D

A great opportunity for Kovalainen nevertheless, I hope he can challenge Hamilton and Ferraris next year!
coot is ctz

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girl`s Day - Oh, Great!