JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Boku wa Kuma

Author Topic: Official Racing Thread  (Read 137540 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official Racing Thread
« Reply #620 on: July 06, 2008, 03:53:40 PM »
A rainy day in Britain? In the summer?! No it can't be! :lol:

Easy win for Hamilton, of course McClaren learned their mistake from China last season. Best thing about the win is the state of the Championship. Hamilton, Maasa and Raikkonen on joint 1st with 48 points, Kubica with 46. Good to see it's not just one horse race right now.

Hamilton looking forward to home GP despite rumblings

SILVERSTONE, England -- At the British Grand Prix a year ago Lewis Hamilton could do no wrong. A year ago he was the darling of the British fans and the British media.

The fans still adore him, but his relationship with the media has been a bit pricklier of late.

I'm a bit undecided over Hamilton. Yes he makes mistakes and lately the media's concentrated more on his celebrity lifestyle, whether or not he's dating Nicole Scherzinger and the mistakes he's picked up over the course of this season so far which admittedly, he refuses to accept responsibility for. But from what I've seen he seems like a nice enough guy just wanting to win races which I can't really find fault with. I think like many, I don't want to see Hamilton become more focused on activities off track as opposed to on it.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #621 on: July 27, 2008, 11:52:23 PM »
SWEET, glad I didn't miss the Edmonton Indy that rolled into town yesterday. Place was packed, few guys got off to a rough start like Graham Rahal and his Oilers/Rexall car. That Japanese guy Hideki Mutoh totally wiped out into the wall.

Caught a glimpse of The Danica!! nice tight butt :wub:
http://www.youtube.com/v/SCHw9EjnqGw

a few sights.

Here's Bobby Rahal on his bike,

in a tent waiting for Gene Simmons

The winner! Scott Dixon! Another solid event, can't wait for 2008 when shit gets properly promoted

Big ups to Paul Tracy and his subway car. He finished 4th and has new life in the racing world :canada:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #622 on: July 28, 2008, 12:14:13 AM »
You lucky fucker, getting to go on the tarmac with the racers.
* JFC shakes fist at dai.

Nice to see that Tracy got a ride. It would have sucked if he had been forced to sit out this year.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #624 on: August 07, 2008, 05:22:11 AM »
Damn Maasa!!

Who is Mika Kagoshima / 神子島 みか?  A real driver or an idol who poses with racing gear :lol:
http://ms-ex.net/driver/archives/269

Here's the pictures from Sabra I posted in Ladies Loving Forum:
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=155.msg501534#msg501534

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #625 on: August 07, 2008, 06:01:19 AM »
^
Looks like it might be one of those "model by day, driver by night" type of deals with her.

OFFICIAL SITE - http://www.mika-kagoshima.com
OFFICIAL BLOG - http://ameblo.jp/pink-princess-mika/
English Blog entry about her - http://patrickmacias.blogs.com/er/2008/02/mika-kagoshima.html

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #626 on: August 23, 2008, 08:39:20 PM »
Hey it's time for Valencia GP tomorrow! The new track seems to be quite interesting: It's a street circuit, but very fast. I couldn't watch the qualifying earlier today, so no comments on that.
coot is ctz

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #627 on: August 23, 2008, 11:33:59 PM »
^
I heard that after F1 officials inspected the track, they ordered that a new layer of asphalt be laid. Safety concerns maybe?

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #629 on: September 23, 2008, 04:51:07 PM »
McLaren, Hamilton heard at hearing; decision expected Tuesday

PARIS -- Lewis Hamilton and his McLaren bosses made their case at a hearing Monday in an effort to get back the driver's Belgian Grand Prix victory.

"I think it went well," McLaren chief executive Martin Whitmarsh told The Associated Press after the daylong hearing at Formula One headquarters. "It's now up to the International Court of Appeal. But I think they're confident of our facts."

A decision was expected Tuesday.

The hearing followed the McLaren team's appeal of a 25-second time penalty given to Hamilton at Spa earlier this month when the British driver was judged to have gained an advantage by cutting a chicane on his way to victory.

After the penalty, the win was awarded to Hamilton's main championship rival, Felipe Massa of Ferrari, while Hamilton was bumped down to third. Hamilton's lead over Massa in the drivers' standings is now down to one point after last weekend's Italian GP.

"Based on the evidence we saw at the time, and from subsequent analysis, we believe any advantage was ceded, and therefore it's even more reason to get those points back," Whitmarsh said.

Three judges appointed to the International Court of Appeal will decide whether McLaren's appeal is justified. The judges must decide if Hamilton sufficiently surrendered the advantage he had gained when cutting the chicane.

If he wins the appeal, Hamilton's F1 championship lead will be increased to seven points with four races to go after he regains four points and Massa loses two.

At Monday's hearing, lawyers for McLaren, Ferrari and FIA presented their arguments at the morning session. In the afternoon, Hamilton was asked to give his point of view.

"I think for Lewis, he'd rather be doing other things than sitting around in a court for the day but I think he did a great job," Whitmarsh said.

Hamilton did not speak to reporters after the hearing, heading straight for his car when he left FIA headquarters.

Hamilton flies to Singapore on Tuesday for F1's first-ever night race Sunday.

Hamilton was dueling with Massa teammate Kimi Raikonnen at the closing stages of the Belgian GP and cut across the Bus Stop chicane to overtake the Finnish driver. Hamilton immediately allowed Raikonnen to reclaim the lead before overtaking him at the next corner for the eventual win.

------------------------------------------------

On a personal note, I'm glad I have the Speed Channel now, so I can watch some of these races now.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #630 on: September 23, 2008, 08:23:05 PM »
And from speedtv.com:

"As expected, the FIA has rejected McLaren's appeal against the penalty imposed on Lewis Hamilton following the Belgian Grand Prix on the grounds that the 25 seconds added to the Brit’s race time were effectively a drive-through penalty, which is not subject to appealing."

So the penalty stands.

I think the clarification given since the race is good, that they have to give up the position and not retake until after the next turn.

Though hamilton held back at spa before passing, it did look like he was still better off than had he not cut the corner even if he did it to avoid a crash.

Pity it played out in such a messy fashion when it has championship influencing consequences.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #631 on: September 24, 2008, 07:07:15 AM »
IMO the problem is that nowadays there's always tarmac outside the track. So it's faster to cut a chicane, when we have these situations like Hamilton. Going outside the track should slower the car, so cutting a corner was a penalty itself.

coot is ctz

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #632 on: September 26, 2008, 04:03:54 PM »
I'm watching the F1 practice for the Singapore Grand Prix on the Speed channel right now.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #633 on: September 26, 2008, 09:22:44 PM »
Recorded the singapore practice and am now watching.

Silly me. Night race means night practice and night qualifying as well!

Looks neat, kinda like something out of gran turisimo. I think I prefer this circuit greatly to the other new street circuit, Valencia, which just didn't look so great. The surrounding area there looked as uncharming as the los angeles harbor does.

Of course there's the typical problem of not having runoff room as mark webber already found. And if it rains, well....

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #635 on: September 27, 2008, 10:51:08 PM »
Ohhh so THAT's the grand prix thing that Suki got free tickets for today ^o^   
* Rei-chan is clueless about racing

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #636 on: September 28, 2008, 06:55:59 PM »
Pretty good race today. Shame Raikkonen crashed in the final laps but the race was nothing if not eventful. Great to see the city all lit up when the camera pulled out for a wide shot.

But really, that's the only track where it should be raced at night. If you raced at night in say Silverstone, it's just not as effective, but with the city backdrop of Singapore it provides a nice novelty and change of pace if anything.

Anyone see the celebrations from Renault though? :lol: One guy got way over-excited and tried to grab the champagne bottle from Alonso at the platform and when it fell, it fell hard and he went sprawling to the ground trying to get a hold of it. He laughed it off then tried to soak the team with champage, only to find there was nothing left :lol: :lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #637 on: September 29, 2008, 04:45:17 AM »
Dammit. That's another one I missed. :banghead:

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #638 on: September 29, 2008, 05:09:26 AM »
I was there :)

Nothing eventful, no overtaking manoeuvre. Sad to see ferrari self destruct themselves when they should have scored valuable points.  :bleed eyes:

I am beginning to hate G.Pique for creating that period of safety car which resulted in the mistakes.  :tama-mad:

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #639 on: September 29, 2008, 10:48:56 AM »

I am beginning to hate G.Pique for creating that period of safety car which resulted in the mistakes.  :tama-mad:

Well, I'm beginning to love Piquet for turning the boring Grand Prix to greatness. It's the same thing with all the street circuits, passing is impossible, but some relatively small misfortune can shuffle the results to something completely unexpected. And that I like.
coot is ctz

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Boku wa Kuma