JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy heavenly6 - Papermoon

Author Topic: Your take on STEROIDS?  (Read 6385 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Your take on STEROIDS?
« on: March 17, 2005, 09:42:09 AM »
The Congressional committee on steroids is going down Thursday 10 AM EST... Jason Giambi is excused. Sammy Sosa, Rafael Palmeiro pluse the always entertaining Curt Schilling will also testify. And at last The Bash Brothers are reunited again:

This time McGwire agrees to appear. And Canseco is denied immunity. Should be fun...unless Jose decides to

PLEAD THE FIF!!

What's your take on this whole steroids issue? Who is watching? :lmao:

Offline SaMi

Your take on STEROIDS?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 01:26:56 PM »
While I wasn't shocked that players were using steroids, I was surprised by how big the names were.  Sosa, McGwire, & Bonds?  They're three of the players who helped bring the game back to life after the 1994 player's strike.  I'd like to think they didn't use, but I 'm really not sure.   Would it taint their records?  Yeah, it would.  Should those records be allowed to stand if they did?  I'm really not sure yet.  So yeah, I think I will check the hearings out.

Offline Thimas X

• I eat Jailbaits for breakfast
  • Member+
Your take on STEROIDS?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 06:54:04 AM »
Everyone admitted to using steroids or admitted they didn't, except McGwire. Did you see how different he looks, whats up with his neck. It hasnt been that long since hes retired. Look at Magic Johnson, MJ, and the other retired atheletes. They look pretty much the same, except alittle chubbier. McGwire looks scary, he doesnt look healthy. He kept saying "I don't want to talk about the past" over and over. I liked Palmeiro's response, "I HAVE NEVER USED STEROIDS, PERIOD."  :w00t: YOU GO MAN!

you can watch the player's statements for yourself at espn.com

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Your take on STEROIDS?
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 07:56:12 AM »
I taped it and so far its fuckin hilarious. "You shut up Mr. Canseco."

Quote from: Thimas X
Palmeiro's response, "I HAVE NEVER USED STEROIDS, PERIOD."  

LOL yeah...the only drugs he takes is the blue pill. They should check if that enhances on field play too.

McGwire did look skinnier. He sure did look bad by denying everything and not pleading the fif. Sammy Sosa suddenly unable to speak english!?! And of course Canseco being the hypocrite that he is.

Me, I'm unsure. I love the long ball. But fuck, it's kinda unnatural to see them jack 3 or 4 per game. Before they blamed it on bad pitching and expansion. Then the ballparks. That's what bugs me about MLB and how they just dance around the issue and fuckin ban Pete Rose for life. Would a dozen singles a la Ichiro be more fun? Frozen ropes instead of ripping them into McCovey Cove? DAMN...

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Your take on STEROIDS?
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 11:22:38 PM »
IF they can prove that the athelete was taking steroids when he/she broke the record (i.e. an admission from the athelete or some other type of CONCRETE evidence), I think they should be disqualified.  Problem is, of course, that short of an actual admission, it's next to impossible to find the necessary proof for that.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline street bastard

• Member+
Your take on STEROIDS?
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 02:16:59 AM »
It should'nt have gotten this far. I think maybe baseball turned a blind eye on steriods after the strike knowin that the long ball brought fans back. And then the penalty for getting caught is a joke. They should have stiffer penalties like the Olympics do.

As for the records I think an asterix should prolly be good enough. And the fact that the offenders shouldn't be allowed into the Hall of Fame.

Too bad Barry Bonds wasn't at the hearing. They coulda asked him how his head got so damned big.

No flavor of the month this time at the Compound.

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
Your take on STEROIDS?
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 04:15:51 AM »
Yeah, they should have brought Bonds.  He's one of the main reasons that this whole steriods thing has recently started up again.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline Purpus

• Purple Member
  • Member+
Your take on STEROIDS?
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 04:26:39 AM »
Maybe it was on The Daily Show where they said, "1500 soldiers dead in Iraq.  Budget deficit exceeds US$400 billion.  And they're holding Congressional hearings.... on freakin' steroid use???? What tha fuck???"

OK, I added the "what tha fuck???" part.  And, yeah, they should stay in the books.  If we're going to start retroactively modifying record books because of possible past indiscretions, how will we even begin with the Olympics, World Games, etc.?

Offline Gimme Dem Junks

• 66% SEXY. 33% HAWT. 1% EVIL!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Your take on STEROIDS?
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 04:45:04 AM »
Steroids is for pussies.

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Your take on STEROIDS?
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 10:09:11 AM »
Quote from: Gimme Dem Junks
Steroids is for pussies.

Hahaha, that was fucking great.   :cheers

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Your take on STEROIDS?
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 02:46:58 AM »
Man. Im crazy. Im still watching hour into the hearing, and I'm seeing Bud Selig looking like a even crazed old man over Canseco's shoulder.

McGwire is coming off real real bad. "Fuck the past. I'm for the POSITIVE" What the fuck is that all about!?!?!?!? Shit man. Point is McGwire took steroids and knows it. If he was like Todd Helton, who was accused by some broadcaster - he'd sue his ass if anyone mentioned it. Instead you got these guys you grew up watching look like a bunch of asses who shoot each other in the ass with roids.

I knew plenty of guys in high school who took creatine - that powdered shit in health food stores. It made their faces all oily. One guy was suspected to take roids cuz he was so ripped and regularly went into rages.

Offline Chadjones2013

• ecchi
Re: Your take on STEROIDS?
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2013, 02:41:59 AM »
I don't think sport figures should be allowed to take steroids because they are supposed to be role models that kids look up to.  Furthermore, steroids often have adverse side effects on the human body.  Allowing steroids would be like endorsing it essentially.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
Re: Your take on STEROIDS?
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 08:18:22 PM »
What's your take on this whole steroids issue?

A goddamn witch hunt from the Middle Ages.

I never even noticed this thread and the torches are still burning brightly by the high and mighty...

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy heavenly6 - Papermoon