JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo & Matsuzaki Nao - Momen no Handkerchief

Author Topic: [Majisuka Gakuen] A Place Called Home - Epilogue: Home - COMPLETED  (Read 23961 times)

Offline Keiyuu

• Member+
Hey guys! So I just had an idea and this spur of the moment story came out of that. It started off as an OS but now it's really more of a series of OS's following how Yuko met her queens and vice prez before Majisuka Gakuen 1. So yes, it's a prequel and obviously this is just my own take on how it happened. Just my imagination~

So anyways, a very short prologue to start us off :P

A Place Called Home: Prologue

The idea of ‘home’ is an abstract concept. There is no absolute definition and it means something different to each person. Some say home is where the heart it, some merely call it a place to stay, and some don’t even know what they consider a home.

Some may even think they don’t have one.

And this is the story of how these girls found theirs. It all started off differently, but essentially, the very foundation of a home converges in the same place.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:16:19 PM by Keiyuu »

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [Majisuka Gakuen] A Place Called Home - Prologue
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 07:16:36 AM »
Oohhh!!! i miss majisuka gakuen!!!!

Offline junchan

• Junchan48's second account. Yoroshiku~
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 07:30:19 AM »
Its too short to comment for me-,-
Sooooooooo... GONNA WAIT THE FIRST CHAPTER!!!
I'm a hardshipper of many pair! lol
Yoroshiku~

Offline key17

• Lone Wolf
  • Member+
  • ♡SKE48♡Matsui Rena♡WMatsui♡
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 10:22:27 AM »
I'm waiting~
☆LIVING IN DREAMLAND WITH PAPA JURINA AND MAMA RENA☆

-sorry for my bad english, still learning with uncle Sae :hee:

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 01:44:10 PM »
I can't wait! Please post first chapter soon! ^_^
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

Offline rindg

• No Oshima Yuko without Kojima Haruna~~~ :3
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 11:35:38 PM »
Yes please

I am in dire need of Yuko-senpai and Sado, like really. I just rewatched the Majisuka Gakuen for the 6th time and cried again  :cry:.

Can't wait for the next chapter, good luck!
No one but Yuko,
Can touch Haruna's body.
Those who ships it, rules.

Check out my fanfictions:
The Only Road To Take
You and I

Offline Keiyuu

• Member+
Re: [Majisuka Gakuen] A Place Called Home - Part 1: Freedom
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 05:46:01 AM »
First chapter here we go! Obviously it's about Yuko~ Man I don't know why I didn't write this sooner I love her and her character so much XD Sorry it's short (about half the size of the rest of the chapters) but I'll make up for it no worries~

Wow there's a lot of comments for something so short. I'm surprised but in a good way XD

@Genkikid: Same! I miss it too~ Especially the older gen and Rappapa
@junchan: Haha thanks for commenting anyways~ Always love to see you're reading my stuff man
@key17: I'm posting~
@Ruka Kikuchi: Well I never keep people waiting for too long so here it is~
@rindg: Ya I miss them too...I wanted to rewatch it but I didn't have time...Oh well maybe later~

Arc I

Part 1: Freedom

When Yuko was younger, she was very sick. It was from a very early age that she was diagnosed with a terminal disease - one that no medicine could cure. However, she wasn’t the type to let it get her down. Oshima Yuko decided to make every day meaningful, considering it may very well be her last. So even when her parents sent her to a hospital on the other side of the country, far away from her friends and family, she didn’t mind. Luckily though, her condition did slightly improve over the years, maybe thanks to that rich hospital, but Yuko didn’t think they actually did much. And if you knew Yuko, then you knew it was because she was a fighter, and she wasn’t going to give in that easily.

As soon as she was able to, she left. The nurses showed up in her room one day for checkups, only to find the girl missing and the window left wide open, curtains flapping in the breeze. They searched everywhere, but the girl was never to be found again (not that they actually searched that hard anyways).

Yuko wandered the streets, her thin clothing definitely not keeping her warm enough. It was almost the end of winter, not exactly the best time to make a break for it but Yuko couldn’t stand being cooped up in that room any longer. She wanted freedom. She wanted to be able to do whatever she wanted, uncontrolled and utterly without any rules.

If she was still back at her house, then she’d have to go to school and prepare for some bright future that was expected of her. But Yuko had two sisters, they looked exactly like her since they were triplets, and so it was easy to replace the one that was going to die—to her parents anyways.  And that future didn’t exist for her, when they found out about the disease, her parents just didn’t care anymore, they gave up even before she did.

But Yuko was not going to give up. Yuko knew she was done for, and she accepted it, she just didn’t know when. However, she was damn sure it wasn’t going to be anytime soon.

It was almost a blessing though, being left on her own, because Yuko didn’t have any expectations placed on her that way. And that’s how she was freed.

She made her way through town, seeing a few pitiful beggars here and there and hoped she’d never have to stoop down to that level. Yuko didn’t possess any money, her parents paid for her ‘treatment’ but that meant everything was provided at the hospital. So Yuko was completely broke.

I guess I’ll have to find a place to crash first.

Yuko was not going to sleep on the streets, that was like welcoming death itself and she was not going to accept that so soon. Maybe she could have taken it, even now she had faith, but her body would be a different story. So she headed towards the docks, with luck, she may be able to find an abandoned building or something. Now just because she spent her entire life in a hospital, it didn’t mean that Yuko was stupid, even if she wasn’t properly educated. On the contrary, she was quite smart - street smart.

And true to her instincts, there were quite a few empty brick warehouses lining the docks that may be worthy to call her new home. They were all dusty, random boxes strewn everywhere, the occasional trash pile. But then Yuko found one that seemed more recently abandoned (that did not emit a foul odor) and decided to set up there. Well, she didn’t really have any belongings to ‘set up’, but it was the thought that counted.

She pulled out some of the cardboard boxes, placing them one on top of the other until there was a good wall near the garage door. It was cold and the door was far too thin and drafty for her liking, so the boxes would have to do for now. Yuko had plenty of strength to spare anyways, so the heavy boxes were no big deal. Luckily, before she got really sick, she did a lot of sports and picked a lot of fights, so those muscles were still there and ready to be trained again. Not to mention she liked to sneak in some exercise whenever the nurses weren’t around. And Yuko was planning on doing a lot of training now that those pesky nurses weren’t around to bug her anymore. At least, after she cleaned up her new house.

So then she decided to go exploring a bit. The place was huge, high ceilings with metal shelves lining the sides and lots of large metal containers left inside from the last cargo ship. Those probably wouldn’t be of much use to her but maybe she could pry one open and find something useful inside. Sadly, when she did, they were all empty and Yuko was only a little disappointed until she realized that they could be utilized as rooms, or makeshift bedrooms.

Yep, she could see it already. Some cleaning here, remodeling there, and it’d be perfect. A place with no rules, no expectations, and she could do whatever she wanted.

This was the place that Yuko could call home.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:14:39 AM by Keiyuu »

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 02:02:01 PM »
As expected of Yuko-san. Her soul won't lose to the harsh world

Offline junchan

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 02:47:29 PM »
Yes! Its short!
But its worth~
Yuuko doesn't smart, she's genius! XD
Now I'll just wait her next move after runaway from hospital~

Thanks for the update, Kei-chan!^o^/
Yoroshiku~

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »
Hehe, Yuko really knows how to make the most of her situation. :3

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:

Offline rindg

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2016, 07:56:28 PM »
The start of Yuko's adventure.   :on gay:  :cool1:

She has heartless parents, really. Just because they are triplets doesn't mean they can be replaced just like that...  :angry1:

Yuko is very strong-hearted, makes me fall in love with her all over again.  :shy2: :luvluv1: :luvluv2:

Thanks for the update~  :on GJ:
No one but Yuko,
Can touch Haruna's body.

The Only Road To Take
You and I

Offline key17

• Lone Wolf
  • Member+
  • ♡SKE48♡Matsui Rena♡WMatsui♡
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 01:24:56 AM »
Wohoo~ first chapter  :heart:  :heart:
Ahh Yuko-san!!  :luvluv1: She'd coooollllll!!!!
☆LIVING IN DREAMLAND WITH PAPA JURINA AND MAMA RENA☆

-sorry for my bad english, still learning with uncle Sae :hee:

Offline DarkHeart

• Sasshi is my Kami-Oshi but WMatsui my OTP
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 12:13:51 PM »
So Yuko-san is the first character we meet.  :ptam-ok:

I'm really curious about the other Rappapa members story. Are we going to see how they met Yuko-san?  :dunno:

I can't wait for the next chapter!  :kneelbow:

Offline Keiyuu

• Member+
Re: [Majisuka Gakuen] A Place Called Home - Part 2: Comrade
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 07:18:55 PM »
@Genkikid: Yaaaass cuz Yuko's too BA XD
@junchan: Haha thanks and yep now we'll see what she does next :P
@Ruka Kikuchi: I love Yuko's spirit in the show so I tried to incorporate it here :P
@rindg: Ya I don't know where I got the idea from, but well I had to make do with the triplets so ya XD IKR? I love her too~
@key17: Lol ya she is XD
@DarkHeart: It's all kinda centered around Yuko so ya, and I can't see any of the others getting along without her there :P Yep it's how Yuko finds them

So~ Can you guess who the first person to join Yuko is? I think it'd be pretty obvious haha :P

Part 2: Comrade

A few months later, Yuko had successfully settled in. She decided to stick to one corner of the warehouse, in the far side from the door but by a back door that she could get in easily. So if someone were to wander in, nothing would seem amiss except for perhaps a few boxes that stood stubbornly in the way of the garage door. Yuko had pulled a few of the metal cargo containers over (because she just has monstrous strength like that) and transformed them into rooms with the doors hanging open and facing each other, three on a side. There were six in total and Yuko claimed the middle one in the left row. At first, there was only a bed made of cardboard and table and chairs made of those metal solvent barrels, but things got better.

Yuko found a job, quite fortunately, she made friends with the owner of a ramen shop and he offered for her to work as a waitress. The old man’s children had grown up long left home to start their own families, so Yuko kind of became his adopted granddaughter, though she liked to call him ‘old man’. But he was like the father she never had, always kind and grinning at her with crinkles around his eyes. He was a nice guy - Yuko just had that kind of gut feeling.

She was even offered to stay with him, but Yuko didn’t want to trouble him anymore and lied, saying that she had her own place (which was technically true if you thought about it) and turned down the kind offer. In reality, Yuko also wanted to live on her own, taking care of herself and not relying about anyone else. Kind of like a survival game, it was an interesting challenge to her.

So with the money she saved up from her job, she began to buy herself the necessities – clothes, food (when she didn’t eat at the ramen shop), toilet paper (thank the gods the warehouse had a working plumbing system and bathroom) and decided to skimp on the furniture (people threw perfectly fine chairs out on the street anyways so she could just pick up a few of those). Yuko even saved up enough to replace the flattened cardboard with futon mattresses complete with covers and everything!

She was ready to go and never felt more accomplished in her entire life.

Even so, with all the upgrades she was making, it still felt sort of amiss. Something was lacking before she could really name this ‘home’ and she just couldn’t figure out what.

One day, Yuko was headed for the town shrine that she had heard of from some customers, thinking of trying her luck and going for a visit just for the heck of it, when a gang of girls approached her.

“Oi! Who are you? Never seen your face around before.” One of them got right up into her face and spoke rudely. They could only be yankees with those school uniforms and terrible etiquette.

The funny thing was, Yuko was actually wearing the same exact navy uniform. She had ‘exchanged’ her own hospital gown with some girl for it quite a while ago (to keep up appearances to the old man that she had a home and went to school), but it was only later that she found out the school the uniform came from was actually full of yankees. Having been stuck isolated in a hospital as soon as she came to the town, Yuko knew nothing about it – the people, the places, the schools. She had just assumed that those girls she fought were of the delinquent type, not anticipating that the entire school was the same way!

And now it looked like it was about to cause her some trouble.

“Hey aren’t ya gonna answer? It’s rude ya know.”

Yuko almost scoffed at the comment but kept her mouth shut, she had learned that it was never a good idea to laugh out loud at people.

Then the girl grabbed her by the collar and pulled her face even closer. “OI! I’m talkin’ to you! You go to Majijo right?! So fight me like a yankee!”

Yuko was being shaken a bit by the girl before she decided she had enough dizziness. In one swift movement, she grabbed the wrist holding her and twisted it behind the girl’s back, holding it in a tense arm lock with a blank expression. “And why should I fight you guys?”

Valid question, but the girls didn’t seem to think so.

“Ha?! What did you say!?” Three other girls Yuko had successfully riled up came at her, a fist flying at her face that she dodged while using the girl she had a grip on to block another kick before throwing her aside.

These guys aren’t that strong...But I hope they can at least make this a bit enjoyable for me. It’s been forever since I had a good fight! Honestly speaking, Yuko was really excited to be fighting and getting more worked up by the second. The thrill of facing an opponent, the clash of nerves while testing the other’s seriousness...there was nothing more fun!

The girl she just let go of collapsed to her knees, clutching her stomach in pain from that kick. She groaned but slowly got back up and grabbed her comrade roughly. “Watch where you’re kickin’!”

“It’s your fault for gettin’ caught!”

“What’d you say?!”

Yuko merely watched as they bickered like kids. What a bunch of comrades they are, fighting with each other like that.

But then a figure stepped forward and the two stopped immediately.

Yuko didn’t notice her before, probably because she was just observing from the back and was hidden from view. But from the looks of it, she was the head.

Donned in the same sailor uniform with blonde highlights in her short brown locks, a white tiger pelt coat over her shoulders and a kendama painted black and silver in her hand. This girl gave off a very different vibe compared to the others. Or maybe it was her aura.

She stepped forward right between the two bickering girls and they backed away with their heads bowed in submission. Walking right up to Yuko, the latter could see a big height difference between them, but that wasn’t going to faze her.

This one looks tough. Yuko grinned, unable to keep in her excitement at the appearance of this new adversary. “And your name?”

The other smiled as well, smirking with a slightly sadistic edge to it. “You should introduce yourself before asking someone else’s name.”

Yuko laughed at this, a loud merry sound that she couldn’t hold in because this newcomer was certainly too interesting. “Well it doesn’t matter anyways. Fists can convey just as much as words.”

Both of their grins grew wider and Yuko had a good feeling about this.

The kendama fell to the ground.

And the first punch was thrown.

A good hour later, Yuko’s punches and kicks were getting wild and sluggish, but by now she was about the only one standing. All of the others were lying around, groaning and writhing on the soil. There was only one that kept trying to get back up.

Yuko gripped the taller girl’s collar, slamming her knee into her stomach one more time before the latter collapsed on her back. She laid there panting, her coat had been lost some time ago and blood dripped down the corner of her mouth along with a few cuts on her face that stung like hell. One gash above her right eye was particularly nasty and might leave a scar, but she wouldn’t mind getting a battle scar—not from this fight.

Yuko wasn’t faring much better either. She staggered over, running a hand through her bangs in habit and extended a hand (even though she was about to fall over herself).

And the one lying on her back took it.

Yuko grinned again, her dimples appearing on her cheeks. “From now on, I think I’ll call you Sado.”

Sado was gratefully pulled to her feet by Yuko and they leaned on each other for support. It was at that point she decided - Yuko would be a great comrade and friend to have. Someone that could watch her back and she wouldn’t mind watching Yuko’s either.

And from then on, it was Yuko and Sado against the world.

“What about those guys?” Yuko asked, meaning the ones lying beaten all around them.

“They just followed me because I’m strong. I never said that they were my companions.”  Sado had never asked to be followed around wherever she went. Weaklings just tended to flock to the strong, as if being near Sado somehow made them stronger as well. No one had ever been strong enough to stand by her side, and Sado was left all alone. That resentment had led to her sadistic attitude because no one even tried to match her level. But Yuko was different, she could tell.

As for Yuko, she knew right away when she saw Sado that they’d be good friends. Of course though, Yuko still wanted to fight her. You could learn a lot about a person from fighting them after all, but really Yuko just loved to fight.

---

Not long after Yuko met Sado (actually like the same night), Sado moved in with her. Apparently Sado had no parents and her older sister always kicked her out of their apartment, so she didn't like staying there anyways. Sado just had nowhere else to go, until now.

“Sorry about the shabby and overall crappiness of the place, but this is where I live.” Yuko had smiled sheepishly when they made it back to the warehouse where she was currently residing.

Yuko didn't have much to offer, but Sado was perfectly fine with staying in the metal cargo bin to the right of Yuko’s. There was an old desk and wooden chair with a futon mattress neatly folded and ready for an occupant. Seemed like Yuko was prepared for any guests she picked up, or maybe she was hoping to find someone to accompany her.

The two worked together, literally as Sado also got a job in the same ramen place as Yuko, and if Yuko was being completely honest, it was hilarious. Sado got so nervous and messed up orders at first, it was funny to see her so flustered and different from her sadistic yankee side. Yuko had been worried that Sado might threaten a customer (Yuko didn't have room to talk because she had done that herself a number of times) but she was glad when Sado worked earnestly.

And of course, they kept fighting together as well. Sado had learned almost instantly that Yuko loved fighting, and it didn't matter who her opponent was, she’d take them seriously and maybe even hurt herself in the process of pursuing her ‘fun’. Then it was Sado’s job to take care of her and watch her back.

Afterwards, they’d just stumble home, supporting each other the whole way and patching each other up with the first aid kit. The two would crash on the recliners (that someone had abandoned on the side of the road) and light a little fire on the concrete with some firewood they cut from the nearby woods, right in the middle of the makeshift living room and between the two rows of ‘bedrooms’.

The orange flame flickered as Yuko watched it, the fire lighting up their home in the night (it was too dangerous to turn on the lights lest they be found out) and reflecting off the gray walls. And it was times like these that Sado found Yuko to be most interesting. Yuko would watch the flame with such a grim and serious expression, not saying a word, it was hard to imagine her as the energetic grinning squirrel that was shouting ‘This is fun!’ as she beat people up.

Then one night about a month later, Yuko told Sado about her condition and she didn't even believe it at first. Yuko said not to dwell on it with a smile, but it was from then on that Sado starting noticing the signs. They were small, but telltale if you caught them - Yuko suddenly doubling over during a fight and coughing up blood when she hadn't even been hit too hard, days where she looked pale and sick or even when she’d say it was okay with a smile though it looked more like a grimace just to reassure Sado.

“Man you’re such a worrywart. Like my mom or something.” Yuko'd tell her and laugh about it afterwards. Sado could never understand how Yuko was so lighthearted and spirited all the time. Or how she was such a strong fighter even with her condition. But she just decided that Yuko could never be understood as an enigmatic creature, so Sado chose to just stand by her without needing to figure Yuko out. They were friends, no, more than that—they were comrades. And she would be there when Yuko needed it.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 04:36:18 AM by Keiyuu »

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2016, 03:50:03 PM »
Sado has come! ^_^

Now it's time to form Rappappa~ :3

Offline Genkikid

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2016, 05:32:39 PM »
Sado's in!!!!!
Now let's wait for the queens!!!

Offline DarkHeart

• Sasshi is my Kami-Oshi but WMatsui my OTP
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2016, 11:23:28 AM »
 :rimshot: Sado appears!  :onionwhip:

And the epic fight between her and Yuko-san! :shy2:

Since Sado moved in the warehouse with Yuko-san, I'm starting to think of the warehouse as Rappapa's future hideout!  :mon angel:

Offline rindg

• Member+
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 04:34:53 AM »
Uwohohohoho~~  :mon innocent:

IT'S SADO  :mon star:

IT'S REALLY SADO  :mon star: :mon star:

IT'S SADO ISN'T IT, KEIYUU?!?!  :mon star: :mon star: :mon star:

Thus began, the long awaited birth of Rappapa  :mon lovelaff:
No one but Yuko,
Can touch Haruna's body.

The Only Road To Take
You and I

Offline junchan

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 05:19:14 AM »
Comrade? You mean partner in crime, right? XD
SADO, BEWARE WITH THAT GENIUS SQUIRREL! Lol
Sado work as a waitress following Yuuko, will the others work as the waitress too? XD
That gonna be hilarious XD

Thanks for the update, Kei-chan!^o^/
Gonna wait for the next chapter~~~
Yoroshiku~

Offline Keiyuu

• Member+
Re: [Majisuka Gakuen] A Place Called Home - Part 3: Reason
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 12:30:24 AM »
@Ruka Kikuchi: Haha yes it is~ :P
@Gekikid: One by one the queens will appear XD
@DarkHeart: Haha glad the fight was good, and ya the warehouse is a...'home' of sorts XD
@rindg: Ya. YAS. YAAAAAAAS RINDG IT IS SADO XD
@junchan: Haha yes friends=partner in crime always XD Lol Yuko has her ways of doing things. Hmm we'll see~

Yay! Reading your comments really makes me wanna post faster! XD

So then~ Let me ask: What order do you think the queens will appear in? (It's already decided and written but I'm just asking for fun :P)

Part 3: Reason

“Hey you wanna go for a walk?” There was a certain glint in Yuko’s eyes that Sado had come to recognize - Yuko wanted to go have some fun. A ‘walk’ with Yuko was never just any old walk.

Without waiting for the taller girl (though she was sure Sado would follow), Yuko skipped outside, taking their usual route, passing by the shrine on the hill right along the outskirts of the city where they had first met, then making it into town. It was evening, almost too late to find anyone out of the streets, but it was a yakuza-run town and held schools full of yankees after all, so there had to be people around.

But not tonight.

“Aww~ Come on~ There’s no one around!” Yuko whined, kicking at a few stray rocks.

“It's too late for people to be hanging around.” Sado replied as they walked along, just enjoying the light spring breeze, then she smirked, “Though everyone seems to be avoiding you now, since you’ve already beaten just about the whole town.”

“I have not. There have to be more strong opponents out there.”

“You’re kidding. Haven’t you heard of the nickname you earned? Demon. That's what they call you.”

Yuko scoffed, “Isn't that kind of rude? Ah oh well, I don't care.” Then she turned to face Sado with a grin. “Oh I know! Maybe they’re just scared of seeing your ugly mug~”

“Shut up. I’m prettier and way more feminine than you.” Sado boasted in a joking manner.

“Are not! Just look at you! You’re a walking stick!”

“A stick that can kick your ass.”

“Oh no you can’t. Wanna find out?”

They kept straight faces for about a good two seconds before breaking out laughing, the sound echoing down the alleyways and dimly lit streets, and it didn't stop for a for a while until Yuko calmed down, sides still heaving from the exercise. Sado and her always joked around like that, kind of blunt, rude and up front but that's what made them close.

But the sound caused something to move in one of those alleys, and Yuko’s trained ears picked it up.

“What’s wrong?” Sado asked, suddenly serious when she saw Yuko stop. But Yuko just turned and walked straight into the alley towards the source of the noise. It was a little shuffling sound, like Yuko had startled something...or someone. It could've just been a few rats scouring for food, but Yuko had a hunch it wasn't.

Sado didn’t follow, Yuko could handle herself, there was no need to be worried or even go after her. It wasn’t in their nature to require help anyways, so Sado just waited for Yuko to return slightly curious as to what she’d find.

True to Yuko’s instincts, there was a lone figure leaning against the brick wall, half hidden by the dumpster and arms crossed over her chest, she turned her head to face Yuko. There were a few cuts and bruises visible on her cheeks that Yuko noticed immediately. She wore a black and white sukajan jacket with twin dragon designs on the breast, black mane framing her face as she stared at Yuko with cold unblinking eyes.

Yuko merely stopped and watched her as well. Neither of them spoke, just let their gazes do the talking.

“...What are you doing out here?” Yuko finally voiced, her curiosity getting the best of her though she already had a good idea as to what kind of answer she’d receive.

The girl continued staring at her for a few more moments, her gaze so cold and distant and Yuko wondered what made her like that. “...Waiting for my uncle to fall asleep.”

That's all Yuko needed to know. She didn't ask or pry anymore, she didn't need to. Yuko just knew one thing - this girl was like her and Sado.

Alone and unwelcome.

So she didn't hesitate to offer the girl a place to stay. “If you want, you can come stay with me and Sado. That is, if you don't have a place to call home.”

The girl hesitated. She could tell that Yuko didn’t mean a place to stay, that Yuko meant a place where she could actually belong – something she never had before. So she thought it was worth a shot. Couldn’t get any worse from here right? She didn’t have anything to lose by leaving. She didn’t have any reason to remain either, or to live for that matter, but maybe she could find one. “...Black. That's my name.”

Then Yuko smiled, not the maniacal one she showed while fighting but a soft one.

“Yuko.”

Turning on her heel, Yuko made her way out from the alley without another word. She didn't need to say anything, but just like with Sado, Yuko was sure Black was coming up behind her. Black didn't seem like the talkative type anyways. And for Yuko as well, she knew sometimes that you don’t really need to say things out loud to come to an understanding.

When Sado (who was waiting patiently for Yuko to come back) noticed them appear from the dark alley, she didn't ask about the new girl following the shorter one either. She could only assume Yuko had found another comrade, one much like herself.

---

“Pick one, any of them as long as it’s not Sado’s ‘cause then she’ll throw a fit.”

Sado merely rolled her eyes at the statement before seating herself on a recliner, crossing her legs. Yuko did the same while Black wandered over to a metal container – the one across from Yuko’s – and went inside. She didn’t have any belongings besides the clothes on her back and her bible, so she left the latter on the bed and came back out to join the other two around the fire.

It didn't take much for Black to get used to living with Yuko and Sado and vice versa. Black didn’t talk too often, never argued or spoke her opinions out loud, but they didn’t mind. No matter who it was, Yuko was always so open and welcoming which happened to rub off on Sado as well (although Sado would never admit that and she only approved of people that got along with Yuko - it was an absolute condition as Sado felt an obligation to protect Yuko somehow).

And being so quiet, Black sort of blended in without any troubles or disputes – just another presence in the room. It probably shouldn’t have been so simple, especially when under normal circumstances Black would be considered dark and creepy. But Yuko and Sado were anything but ordinary and weren’t intimidated or bothered in the slightest because it just felt too natural. Rather, Black’s presence made them feel at ease due to her calm and rational nature.

And soon they found out that Black was also an extremely good fighter, though she tended to avoid them in general, and that made her even more welcome. But whenever Yuko got into another ‘friendly bout’ (that Sado somehow always got dragged into as well) Black couldn't help but jump in and help, fighting alongside her newfound comrades. For Black, as she was one of few words, actions always spoke louder.

So the first time Yuko spun around to find Black had knocked out someone coming up behind her, she smiled and knew that her gut feeling wasn't wrong. And then she made it a point to drag Black into all her fights as well, because that’s how Yuko shows her friendship regardless of how the others felt about it.

Fighting together meant friendship to Yuko, the others had no choice but to accept it.

Black never complained once, she would just sigh and share a knowing glance with Sado before jumping in. Someone had to watch over Yuko after all, seeing as the squirrel was far too reckless. So now Sado had a companion to help her keep Yuko in check, and when it was Sado herself that was fighting with Yuko, Black would act as the voice of reason for their arguments, which were many and often.

Yuko usually tried to get Black to side with her though, and if they teamed up then even Sado couldn’t win against them. However, that wasn't the only time that Yuko made Black help her. Black had this uncanny ability that Yuko dubbed as supersonic speed, and she made sure to make full use of it. Randomly, Yuko would request Black to go pick up something for her, sometimes some snacks or even fireworks when Yuko felt like lighting some (they had set some off on the bridge before and watched in amusement as the police came scurrying only to find them long gone).

“Hey Black! Mind running to the grocery store again?” Yuko’d ask with this puppy dog look that was ruined completely by her grin.

And Black always did as told even though Yuko always got an earful from Sado about abusing her skills.

And though the requests were odd and slightly unreasonable, Black never regretted doing them. As any other time, Black could do whatever she wanted, reading her bible or just sitting in the shadows comfortably without being interrupted. She had grown far too used to having the little book ripped out of her hands and being kicked out for ‘doing nothing’.

Black realized this change and truly appreciated it, once trying to thank Yuko but Yuko just waved it off with a grin, saying Black would just have to repay her by sticking around.

And after a couple times of running around on those errands, Black found that there was actually reasoning behind Yuko’s madness, and that she did indeed have a reason for making Black carry out those seemingly pointless errands.

The snacks for example, Yuko asked for popcorn and drinks specifically, and when Black made it back with time to spare, she found Sado and Yuko arguing and struggling to set up a television set (a crappy one at that and who knows where they got it from). But when it was all said and done, they all sat on the couches, Yuko popped in a movie while they munched away on the popcorn with Sado kicking the TV every once in awhile to make the static go away.

It was something Black had never experienced, sitting together and watching a movie like a family of sorts. No, they were a family. No doubt about it.

And Black had never felt more grateful in her life that Yuko found her in the alley that fateful night. Black owed Yuko, for giving her this chance, and she would repay her with her life. Anything Yuko asked of her, she resolved to do it no matter what (though Yuko never asked for more than a few fights and trips to the supermarket).

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Shiina Ringo & Matsuzaki Nao - Momen no Handkerchief