JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rumtag - Kaerimichi

Author Topic: The AKB48 Youtube Thread  (Read 214982 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
Re: The AKB48 Youtube Thread
« Reply #662 on: October 25, 2015, 02:34:35 PM »
PROBLEM!!!!!!!! PROBLEM PROBLEM PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUTUBE BLOCKED A WHOLE BUNCH OF VIDEOS RELATING TO AKB/48G!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?!?!?!?!?!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #663 on: October 25, 2015, 02:52:44 PM »

It's not an AKB thing... it's a general youtube thing: http://techcrunch.com/2015/10/21/an-offer-creators-cant-refuse/#.zej7m5:QrV1

As far as I know... it only effects the USA... but is affecting a lot more than just AKB...

Hopefully they don't roll this out to the rest of the world...

Chihiro

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
« Reply #664 on: October 25, 2015, 10:13:06 PM »

It's not an AKB thing... it's a general youtube thing: http://techcrunch.com/2015/10/21/an-offer-creators-cant-refuse/#.zej7m5:QrV1

As far as I know... it only effects the USA... but is affecting a lot more than just AKB...

Will it ever be fixed? T^T

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

Offline MaYukiIsLife

• Starting to become addicted to Keyakizaka46.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • If Neru's my sugar fix, Nen's my guilty pleasure
    • FuruyanagiOshi
    • taengoosone
« Reply #665 on: October 26, 2015, 12:56:54 PM »

It is only affecting the USA. It's because they're doing a trial on something called Youtube Red and they changed something on policies and stuff and AKS and other companies are refusing to abide by the new terms on the policy so hence why a lot of AKB/SKE/HKT/NGZK videos are being blocked in the USA. NMB videos are unaffected for whoever knows why. Idk if it has something to do with the group being managed by Yoshimoto but yeah.... I don't know the full details, it was what I was told by a friend of mine...

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #666 on: October 26, 2015, 01:25:49 PM »
AKB48 Youtube Videos Region Blocked
October 25, 2015

Please note this post is not 100% news, and it is not confirmed yet. I have received other AKB48 group fans's question since 24 October 2015. They said AKB48's videos are not available in their country.

I first heard this shocking new from an AKB48 fans from USA. It seems it All AKB48 related videos, no matter official and non-official are now blocked on YouTube in the USA.

Because it is still fine (touch wood) in my country, I would like to ask fans from USA and other country if they have such of problem, if sister group videos blocked, and if they have solution to bypass region filter.

To be honest, I have already been disappointed SONY block Nogizaka46 and Watanabe Mayu's video on Youtube, I really hope AKS (or Youtube themselves) does not do the same thing.

Please post your comment here, thank you very much.
- http://akb48-daily.blogspot.ca/2015/10/akb48-youtube-videos-region-blocked.html

AramaJapan.com - YouTube’s New Policy Change Affects American Japanese Music Fans
- http://aramajapan.com/news/youtubes-new-policy-change-affects-american-japanese-music-fans/51582/

Offline alohano

• AKB48 Group and Momoclo!! Oshi is Mirukii!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Chat? Send me a PM!
« Reply #667 on: October 26, 2015, 11:20:39 PM »
I can confirm that YT is blocking AKB48/etc vids.  That said, it's not my primary source of vids/music, etc.

We'll see what happens but for all of you outside the USA...knock on something woodlike.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #668 on: October 27, 2015, 09:49:44 AM »
Personally, I find this very sad.
Obviously I have no idea how a company like Youtube works as a business. So bear with me if my comments are childish or whatever.

So WTF is RED. If youtube wanted their 2 bucks, instead of shutting down user stuff, they could've easily done the opposite, and went with cool paid-content for things like live concerts or early showings of pvs/movies or whatever (which they'll probably do anyways when they actually wake up).
But instead, they strongarm every user on their list like a school bully.

Fans now obviously hate them with all their fan videos blocked (its not like fans are putting up entire movies or something, just snippets of stuff to try making other ppl interested in things they like. music, movies games, etc. Worse for guys that put their hearts into making their vids). What's worse is how unclear it is, everyone is totally confused.
Viewers can't see channels, even official ones. Thanks for destroying our daily entertainment YT/Google.
And businesses/video providers get their channels blocked, then threatened to pay up and join RED or die. Again, very friendly there YT/Google. ;)

I'm not in the US so it aint affecting me, yet.
The vids I upload to YT are just for sharing to the guys here, getting their 20-100 views. So it ain't important, I can totally post them somewhere else in the future. And like alohano says, AKB stuff can be found everywhere.

AKS will probably join RED for zero worries (nowadays AKS probably get problems thinking where to spend their mountains of money anyways, what's with throwing a little change on the floor).
Or say "F*** you" and easily jump ship to Nico Nico or somewhere. I think they'll go the easy way though. They don't need to waste time/effort.

Of course, this ain't just AKB. Many other channels are being affected.
But I just see this huge missed opportunity where YT could negotiate streaming events live/early like AKB's senbatsu sousenkyo/janken (which they did do once a few years ago. and it was good). Same for other artists. And make it paid content. We would literally throw our money their way for stuff like this (they'd get a lot more $$ from this than from their stupid RED policy).
Instead, they just went all Hitler on everyone. I know its a business, but they could've done it with a little more style. Was it really worth it to have their brand name smudged.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #669 on: October 27, 2015, 08:43:54 PM »
This is not a scientific poll, but the three top
members did not seem to react very kindly to
the news about Google YouTube 'Red'

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:26:59 PM by muppet »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #670 on: October 28, 2015, 08:00:23 AM »
Originally posted in February, here is a chance to know the Team 8
members from the Tohoku region...

青森県 - Aomori Prefecture  - 横山結衣 - Yui Yokoyama - 2001年2月22日

秋田県 - Akita Prefecture  - 谷川聖 - Hijiri Tanikawa - 2000年12月26日

岩手県 - Iwate Prefecture - 佐藤七海 - Nanami Sato - 2000年1月19日

山形県 - Yamagata Prefecture 早坂つむぎ - Tsumugi Hayasaka - 2001年5月12日

宮城県 - Miyagi Prefecture - 佐藤朱 - Akari Sato - 1996年11月9日

福島県 - Fukushima Prefecture - 舞木香純 - Kasumi Mogi - 1997年4月28日

Front row: Yui, Nanami, Akari, & Kasumi
Back row: Hijiri & Tsumugi

Yui anticipating customers' orders

Yui tasting Kiritani (rice paste grilled)

Hijiri, Yui, & Nanami learning where steak comes from

Learn about the Tohoku region, food, crafts, and about six adorable girls, and Toyota Prius:

20150207 AKB48 Team8が行く みちのく ぐるめ探検
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 08:54:35 AM by muppet »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #671 on: October 29, 2015, 03:57:36 AM »
October 25, 2015

Please note this post is not 100% news, and it is not confirmed yet. I have received other AKB48 group fans's question since 24 October 2015. They said AKB48's videos are not available in their country.

I first heard this shocking new from an AKB48 fans from USA. It seems it All AKB48 related videos, no matter official and non-official are now blocked on YouTube in the USA.

Because it is still fine (touch wood) in my country, I would like to ask fans from USA and other country if they have such of problem, if sister group videos blocked, and if they have solution to bypass region filter.

To be honest, I have already been disappointed SONY block Nogizaka46 and Watanabe Mayu's video on Youtube, I really hope AKS (or Youtube themselves) does not do the same thing.

- http://akb48-daily.blogspot.ca/2015/10/akb48-youtube-videos-region-blocked.html

AramaJapan.com - YouTube’s New Policy Change Affects American Japanese Music Fans
- http://aramajapan.com/news/youtubes-new-policy-change-affects-american-japanese-music-fans/51582/
Bit of a follow-up...

TokyoGirlsUpdate.com - Seeing RED: J-Pop Blackout in the United States Following Launch of YouTube RED!
- http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/youtube-red-blocks-j-pop-20151063912.html

Offline kisstheheaven

« Reply #672 on: October 30, 2015, 05:46:19 PM »
Kojima chan  :inlove:

I wish i meet her by chance while in Tokyo  :bleed eyes:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #673 on: November 04, 2015, 04:36:39 AM »
October 25, 2015

Bit of a follow-up...

TokyoGirlsUpdate.com - Seeing RED: J-Pop Blackout in the United States Following Launch of YouTube RED!
- http://tokyogirlsupdate.com/youtube-red-blocks-j-pop-20151063912.html
And another...

AramaJapan.com - A Follow Up on How YouTube RED Is Affecting Japanese Music Fans
- http://aramajapan.com/news/a-follow-up-on-how-youtube-red-is-affecting-japanese-music-fans/51898/

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #674 on: November 10, 2015, 05:13:29 PM »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #675 on: December 09, 2015, 02:59:20 AM »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #676 on: December 09, 2015, 01:07:09 PM »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #677 on: December 11, 2015, 01:11:25 AM »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #678 on: December 22, 2015, 09:38:44 AM »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky