JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gain - Catch Me If You Can

Author Topic: This Thing Called Love(UPDATED 11/26/14) [COMPLETE]  (Read 149911 times)

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATED 6/23)
« Reply #480 on: June 23, 2009, 05:20:01 PM »
1st!  :theking

If this is my last time with her I want her to know how I feel for her. How much she means to me and that I love her.
Aww  :cry:

“S-so you're just gonna break up with me?”
:cry:

“Why don't you at least try to fight for once. I love you!” She sniffles a few more times and gulp to keep it together. “Right now...I need you more than anything. I need you with me. Don't you want to be with me?”
Listen to Eri, Reina!

I won't be afraid. Now is the time to stand up to my parents. Sure they might not like it, especially my dad, but it's the right thing to do. If I don't want to leave and continue to be at Eri's side, I'll have to do this.
May the force be with you  8)2

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #481 on: June 24, 2009, 03:01:59 AM »
CHAPTER 49

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

“Reina, your parents are here.” My uncle tells me.

“I'm ready.” I say to my uncle.
Reina, gambare!
:mon cute:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Michi.Pinku

• Member+
  • Love for Yossie and Tanakame
« Reply #482 on: June 24, 2009, 03:36:14 AM »
aaw ... Tanakame NEVER DIE!! ò_ó
Eri was very hard and strong with Reina n.nU
Reina's parents ... x_x noo! They're don't gonna take Reina
well ... GANBARE!! REINA-CHAN!!!

We will Support You  :heart:

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #483 on: June 29, 2009, 05:32:18 PM »
CHAPTER 50

“Reina.” My mom calls.

She comes over, putting me into a hug the second my uncle places me next to them. I keep my arms at my sides as she hugs me and remain stiff. Having her hug me makes me feel a little strange. It's almost like some stranger went up to me and hugged me as they claim to know me. They need to cut the crap and tell me flat out why they're here. I'm not in the mood to beat around the bush. I need to know if I can stay or not, simple as that. My mom lets me go and steps back to look me over. She strokes my head in a caring manner like all mothers do. I look at her, still motionless and with no expression. I'm going to keep my guard up for what they have to say or what they're going to do. But I'm prepared to fight too. Eri's given me enough courage to do so.

“You had me worried sick about you! It's so good to see that you're much better.”  My mom says

I stare up at her not sure on how to react. I'm not sure anymore what to say or what to do with my own parents. They're like I never met. But they're people that still have power over me and can take me back to Fukuoka any second they wanted to. I take a small intake of breath at these thoughts.

“Why don't you sit down so we can finally talk.” My uncle suggests

He saves me again for having to speak to my mother when I really don't want to. I can't even look at her! My father forget it, I know I can't with him. I can picture the look he's giving me. His famous glare that's been given to me the day I started trouble. I'll meet his stare of disappointment later. I can never avoid it. My mom agrees to my uncle's statement and goes back to her seat next to my bed. My uncle pushes me over to my bed.

“Would you like me to move you to your bed?” He questions

“No this is fine. Thank you uncle.”

He faces me towards my parents and stands in the middle of them. I'm against the bed with my parents and uncle in front of me, patiently waiting for me to start our conversation. I turn my gaze from my mom to my uncle and finally my dad. Yep, he's glaring alright and it's more deadly than usual. It's dark and shows how enraged he really is. His face is turning red and I can see the faint shape of the vein in his forehead. I shift slightly into my seat, feeling intimidated by my father's presence and facial expression. I can't tell if he's angry at me or my uncle and just deciding to take it out on me. That wouldn't be fair if he took everyone on me just because I'm weaker and he has more power over me. But it isn't good that he scolds my uncle either. I put my eyes back to my uncle. He holds a welcoming smile. A comforting aura that eases my frightened feelings and thoughts almost instantly. He's positive I can do this. He's giving me his support. I suck up all my courage and just speak without thinking, without regrets.

“Am I going to leave?”

There...I've said it. My parents are a little taken back to my blunt words, but I need to do this. I need to hear it and have my answer in return. I lock eyes with my parents. No longer afraid to stare them down. They don't know how to respond. I've taken them by surprise. I'll just continue while I still have the chance to explain myself.

“I can't leave. Not now. Not ever. I've made too many friends and been through too much. I've come to like this place. I love being here with uncle.”

My dad lets out a gruff chuckle at the last bit. My eyes shift to him. He sits hunched over in his chair, his right elbow on the armrest and his bunched up fist under his chin, comfortably. His forehead and brows scrunch into a permanent scowl. I can see the lines in his face clearly in his frown.

“You may like it here Reina, but as far as I can tell your uncle is not fit to have you in his care.” He sneers

I knew that was coming. I expected it from my father. There are many things I would expect him to do and say. He's quite readable and he's very strict to his rules. Rules that are not written in stone but yet he expects me to abide by them at all times. The list to these 'rules' can go on for years, possibly forever.

“You're wrong dad.” I correct. “Uncle has been the best parent figure I could ask for. He may be less strict, but he has fair rules. And yes he bought me a car and brought me to get my license, but that has nothing to do with the accident. He's not at fault so please, do not blame him.”

My dad leans even closer to the edge of his chair. The look in his eyes tell me how unconvinced he is. He's stubborn and so am I. That can only mean a bad thing. My jaw locks shut, tightly.

“That still doesn't not change my mind Reina. I would feel much better having you under my watch.”

“Why so you can control me again?! I'm not a little child dad!” I slump down into my chair, recollecting my thoughts and calming my fire-y temper. “I've changed. I'm not the girl you remember before I left Fukuoka.”

“Reina, we've already decided to take you home. It's better for you there.” My mom cuts in

“No it's not. Why aren't you both listening to me?! Can't you see how much this means to me. I'm going to lose everything!”

“And what is it that you're losing?! Other than your safety? Huh, what is worth staying here for and nearly dying?!” My dad screams

My head jerks to his direction at the sound of his booming voice. I'm sure a few rooms down even heard it. I'm shaking and my hands are feeling sweaty. I'm starting to become afraid again. Not because of his temper, but because of what I should say to these questions. Should I lie or tell the truth and reveal my relationship with Eri? Would they even understand if I told them? That seems even more unlikely than convincing my parents to not take me home. I know my mother would be crushed and my father might see this as an excuse to take me away. What should I do? My uncle smiles at me, assuring me the truth will be alright. That going all out and exposing the hidden truth would be my best choice. This is it. I'm going all out and I'm fighting back. I'm not giving up or becoming weak now. I take a deep breath and grab the armrests.

“You want to know?! Well I'll tell you dad. I have my friends to lose, my uncle, the connection I've made with him, and most of all I'll lose Eri!”

My dad sits up, bewilderment displaying across his angry face. His eyebrows become less tense and relax. His hand is put back down and he sits there with his hands on his lap, neatly. My mom isn't confused she's just scared where I'll go with this. I know this will break her heart when she hears this, but it's too late to not say anything. The cat has come out of the bag.

“Who is Eri?” My dad asks

This is where I see how far I can go before crossing the line.

“Eri's my girlfriend.” I say, almost in a whisper.

We're quiet and silence like this is usually a bad thing. A very bad thing. From my dad especially. His lack of words is worse than when he has something to say to make me feel like crap. My mom won't look at me. She has her head down to her feet. Her hands tap on to the chair, nervously. I can see the disappointment in her face. My dad I don't need to look at him. I know how he must feel. Angry and disgusted. Sometimes I know him too well. I shift my attention to him, knowing he has no fear of facing what I've just said. He'll be more than happy to whip out his rage on me with this cruel words. I'm ready for it.

“I knew being in an all girl school would be no good.” My mother mumbles.

“The school and my uncle have nothing to do with this! Don't blame him!” I scream

“This is something we never expected from you Reina. Out of all the failures we've seen from you this is something that we least wanted to face.” My father explains “How can you be so sure that you love this...girl?”

“I know it. I can feel it. The feelings I have for her...are real.” I'm starting to hate my parents more than ever. “I love her.”

“Is this why you don't want to leave?” My dad hisses.

I can see the rage seething in his eyes. His face red and his hands closed tight fist ready to punch whoever is to blame for my 'phase'. He must hate me, but it's ok because I'm starting to hate him back for everything he's doing. He's trying to ruin my life and control it for me. Why can't they for once see that and let me do things my way?!

“Yes.” I simply reply

“That isn't going to happen. What you have with girl is unacceptable! Do you understand me?! You will never see her again.”

I slam my fist on to the armrests and sit up to the edge of the chair flushed with rage and hatred. I for once really...hate my father. I want more than nothing to hurt him or wish he could die or just get out of my life! I know these are mean and cruel thoughts and yes he's my father, but I can't help it. The words he said hurts me. More than the physical injuries I have on my body from the car accident.

“NO!” Eri wanted me to fight and here I am. There's no turning back now. “You always try to control me! You both think that whatever I do is wrong. That I'm always at fault. You feel better just blaming me don't you?! Something bad happens 'oh it's ok because I'll go make Reina's life a living hell and take away all her privileges!'”

I can feel my eyes starting to flood and I can't tell if it's from sadness or from pent up anger. I think a part of me is torn. I'm hurt that with my parents and my dad the most I can never make things right. I can never make amends and stick up to their expectation no matter how much I've tried. I always do wrong. I'm always never perfect in their eyes.

“Yeah, I've screwed up many times and I might have deserved some things like being grounded and having my cell phone away, but once I was grounded it felt that everything was all over. It's like I couldn't work for your respect again to make up my past mistakes. Now that I for once get so much more freedom than you ever gave me and privileges I would never get, you want to take it away from me! I'm not going to let that happen. And right now...Eri is the best thing that's ever happened to me ever since I've been here.”

I glance to my uncle. He has on a smile of pride and happiness to my statement. I know he's glad that I've for once decided to stick up to my parents. But I think he's more happy with me finding happiness here, with my friends, and with Eri, who I'm deeply in love with. My gaze goes back to my parents, my mother is stunned and my dad is too, though he hides it with his rage. I grip the armrest with my hands, waiting for his outburst. He can hate me all he wants now. It would make us even.

“Do you have any idea what you're doing?” He speaks, through clenched teeth.

“Yes and I'm still going to stand up to what I want. This isn't your life dad, it's mine.” I speak just as icy as him and mean my words..

He jumps right out of his chair, staring harshly down upon me as if I'm not worth his time. I get the feeling that I never was. It doesn't matter anymore. I've made my decision and I don't know if he sees that or accepts it, but I'm not going anywhere at my own will. He has a better chance forcing me into his car to leave!

“You don't know what you're talking about! You think you love this girl then you're being too naive. You're going to,”

“Don't.” My mother interrupts. “Not now. Don't you think you've done enough yelling? We'll talk about this another time.”

My father looks at her, thinking and comes back to me with the same grimace on his face. The anger in his eyes are dark and his temper is becoming short. He doesn't like how for once he doesn't have control of a situation that involves me. I can see how he doesn't want to back down. He's still so headstrong. I glare into his fire lit eyes, unafraid. He can try and instill fear into me but it isn't going to work this time. I'm done being passive and obeying. It isn't what he wants anymore. This is my new life and he's NOT apart of it.

“I think it's best you go. Reina needs to rest and too much stress is not good for her.” My uncle suggests, through the thick silence.

My dad turns away, walking towards the open door. I hope he never comes back! I don't ever want to face him again. But I doubt this talk has put much sense into his thick head.
My uncle says goodbye when they make their way down the halls and comes back into the room. He sighs tiredly, unsure if this conversation was any good. Even he can't tell what's going to happen next. Will my dad finally give in and let me live my life with my uncle, happy? Or will he decided to be more persistent the point of making me leave forcefully against my will? These ideas scare me, but I can worry about them later. I'm far too tired to think about what are the other possible outcomes to this talk.

“Are you alright?” My uncle questions.

“I'll be fine. I'm just tired.”

He nods and brings me closer to my bed. He takes a hold of me and lifts me up to my bed. I lay back feeling myself almost instantly fall into a deep sleep. My uncle brushes down my bangs and smiles, almost painfully at me.

“I'm just a call away. If anything happens I'll come as fast as I can.” he states.

“I know. I'll be ok. I'll see you tomorrow uncle.”

He takes his hand away and exits, leaving me alone. When he leaves my mind doesn't rest. I can't stop panicking, thoughts are starting to rapidly build up inside my head, itching for an answer. I shouldn't have been left alone. But I know my uncle needs a fresh change of clothes and an actual bed to sleep in other than the chairs in the waiting room. He's suffering just as much as I am. I exhale slowly and close my eyes, forcing myself to get the sleep I need. I'll worry about everything tomorrow. Hopefully, I can see my friends too. I haven't heard from them yet. I feel my body relax and finally start to slip into a gentle slumber.

Offline Mikitty_Ayaya

• Member+
Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATED 6/29)
« Reply #484 on: June 29, 2009, 08:00:38 PM »
 :mon ignore: :gmon shy: :gmon sweet:

Offline CrypticShadow8

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #485 on: June 29, 2009, 08:27:55 PM »
Good job Reina  :thumbsup way to fight for your girl  :D

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #486 on: June 30, 2009, 02:28:56 AM »
CHAPTER 50

“Reina.” My mom calls.

She comes over, putting me into a hug the second my uncle places me next to them. I keep my arms at my sides as she hugs me and remain stiff. Having her hug me makes me feel a little strange. It's almost like some stranger went up to me and hugged me as they claim to know me. They need to cut the crap and tell me flat out why they're here.
Given how strained their relationship had been, I guess there weren't many of these parent-child touchy-feely moments. :(

I turn my gaze from my mom to my uncle and finally my dad. Yep, he's glaring alright and it's more deadly than usual. It's dark and shows how enraged he really is. His face is turning red and I can see the faint shape of the vein in his forehead. I shift slightly into my seat, feeling intimidated by my father's presence and facial expression. I can't tell if he's angry at me or my uncle and just deciding to take it out on me.
Gee, way to have your priorities set dad.   :thumbdown:

“I can't leave. Not now. Not ever. I've made too many friends and been through too much. I've come to like this place. I love being here with uncle.”

My dad lets out a gruff chuckle at the last bit. My eyes shift to him. He sits hunched over in his chair, his right elbow on the armrest and his bunched up fist under his chin, comfortably. His forehead and brows scrunch into a permanent scowl. I can see the lines in his face clearly in his frown.

“You may like it here Reina, but as far as I can tell your uncle is not fit to have you in his care.” He sneers
And evidently dear old dad has unilaterally "made his decision" and will, no doubt, expect it to be obeyed without question.

Also, way to go blaming your brother for being there when YOUR parenting skills were so lacking that YOU decided to send Reina away to live with him in the first place. Blame uncle for the accident? Fuck you. Reina wouldn't even be in Tokyo in the first place if you and the missus had actually put forth any effort into being parents.  :smhid

“This is something we never expected from you Reina. Out of all the failures we've seen from you this is something that we least wanted to face.” My father explains “How can you be so sure that you love this...girl?”
Oh yeah, that's good. Think of falling in love as a "failure". No wonder you two won parents of the year.

Oh wait, you didn't? Could've fooled me.  :angry:

“You don't know what you're talking about! You think you love this girl then you're being too naive. You're going to,”

“Don't.” My mother interrupts. “Not now. Don't you think you've done enough yelling? We'll talk about this another time.”

My father looks at her, thinking and comes back to me with the same grimace on his face. The anger in his eyes are dark and his temper is becoming short. He doesn't like how for once he doesn't have control of a situation that involves me.
Well, at least ONE of them is starting to actually listen to what Reina has to say. It's still a far cry from understanding or accepting what she wants, but at least for now, dear old dad sees that his word is NOT going to be absolute law (at least for the time being).

You're right Reina, Eri would definitely be proud that you fought for what you wanted. :rockon:

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #487 on: July 01, 2009, 02:51:49 PM »
Aaaw. :) 
Reina's dad is so BAD! :angry: Grrr >:(

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #488 on: July 02, 2009, 06:48:49 PM »
ok I've made a blog to post the perv chapters so right now I have one for 43 for people who haven't read it because I kind of forgot who asked for it since i have so many people asking. lol I'll also have one for chapter 44.5 and 45.

http://pkkame.wordpress.com/2009/07/02/ttcl-chapter-43/

Ok here's chapter 44.5:

http://pkkame.wordpress.com/2009/07/03/ttcl-ch-44-5/

Chapter 45:

http://pkkame.wordpress.com/2009/07/03/ttcl-ch-45/[/url]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 03:01:41 PM by writerjunkie »

Offline Michi.Pinku

• Member+
« Reply #489 on: July 03, 2009, 04:25:07 AM »
Owww ... Well Done Reina-chan !
Her dad's a devil ¬¬ we will kill him x3 .. ( mmm... better not)
Reina's mum support her ... oww (I would like Reina's mum now hahaha xD)
well ... Ganbatte Reina chan !!

I read again the chapter 43 º¬º I really loved it and  is amazing your new blog
with perv chapters hu hu >////<  
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 03:48:18 AM by Michi.Pinku »

Offline Krayzie

« Reply #490 on: July 04, 2009, 09:27:36 AM »
           Reina you're so cute.

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #491 on: July 04, 2009, 01:46:01 PM »
CHAPTER 51

“When will she wake up?”

“Koharu, keep your voice down. Reina's still sleeping.”

Damn it can't people learn to let me sleep?! Wait...my friends are here? I can hear soft whispering and shuffling near my bed. They sound anxious to see me. It's about time they show up! What the hell happened to them? I was beginning to wonder if they forgotten me. I groan out, trying to move my stiff limbs. My body still hurts, but the pain is dull. It isn't that bad like it was days before. I can get around more.

“She's waking up. See what you did Koharu?!”

I open my eyes and turn my head to the side. I can see my friends standing near the door way, looking at me. Were they watching me the whole time? Kind of creepy. Koharu rubs the back of her head, bashfully and waves. I smile and struggle to sit up. I still haven't gain any strength back, but that will come with time. Ai and Risa come over to me to help. Ai finds the control to switch the position of my bed and Risa takes the pillow to put on my back. Sayu and Koharu come over to me, remaining silent.

“Hey.” I speak, in a raspy voice

“How are you feeling?” Risa questions

“I could be better.”

“Eri is worried about you.” Ai says “I don't know if she expects us to get something out of you, but it would be nice if you talked to her So that she won't think the worse possible scenarios about you.”

“I will. Right now I just need some time to myself.”

I'm glad my friends came. They'll help me keep my mind off the talk yesterday with my parents. But they might want me to fill them in about the events they missed. I'm not really in the mood to talk about it yet. I look at my friends next to me, all concerned about my current state. I don't know where to begin.

“Sorry about Koharu. She just doesn't know how to use her inside voice sometimes.” Sayu apologizes

“It's fine. I'm glad to have you all here.”

“We came the day we got the call about the accident, but you were asleep and the other days you weren't up yet. You had me really worried!” Risa exclaims

“I'm sorry, but I kind of got the nice results to the crash. Eri she's...”

Risa puts a hand on to my shoulder. I look up, not even realizing I had looked down while I start to sink into the harsh memory of my mistake. She gives me a soft smile. She understands my pain. Everyone here does. I look around me and notice just how sad and horrible they all must feel too. Eri's they're friend. They've known her longer than me. I'm sure she's like family to them. So hearing that she's lost her sight must be so hard on them to accept. They're just better at keeping their faces masked. I'm sure they cried at home though. I know I've cried countless times.

“They said there's a possibility she'll see again.” Ai reminds me

“How much of a possibility is that?” I question, my tone icy

“Reina, now isn't the time to live in doubt and think so negative about this situation. If Eri knows that any of us think she'll never get her sight back I'm sure it would crush her even more.” Risa explains.

I exhale and put my head down. I tuck my chin into my chest, trying to control my tears. I would think that after days of crying all these tears I would stop, but it seems I still have more left inside me. It makes me wonder if I'll ever get over this sorrow and the guilt. But I shouldn't go deeper into that. It might lead me to think more dreadful and negative things. The last thing I need is to end up spiraling into depression.

“We're here for you Reina. You know that.” Ai promises

I look at them again and nod. There is no smile on my face though. I don't think I can smile at all. Not with how things are. It's near impossible to even fake a smile for the safety of my friends. I don't even want to tell them about my parents.

“You'll be ok right, Reina?” Koharu questions “We know how you're so hurt over Kamei-san, but things will get better. Just...be strong ok?”

I can't help but force a small smile at her attempt to try and cheer me up. Before I can say anything, Risa goes down and hugs me. I put my good arm around her, patting her back. Then Ai comes in to hug me as well then everyone is hugging me, holding on to me, trying to show that they care. That I have their support. I stay there and take in their hug. It brings me some relief to have them near me and to hug me like this. Hey wait...I just realized something.

“Wow, Sayu you're not groping me for once as we hug.” I note “Oh wait never mind. Ah! Get off!”

I nudge them and try to kick my leg out. They all let me go and start to laugh. I give out a small chuckle. Sayu has on a little grin. There's a sudden knock on the door and I look over my friends to see the new visitor. It's my uncle.

“Hey, can I talk to Reina for a second?” He asks

They quickly agree and leave. He better not tell me my parents are here to talk to me again. I've had enough of them. What's the bad news this time? My uncle approaches me and I brace myself for anything dreadful to come my way.

“I've spoke to your parents while you were asleep. It wasn't an easy thing, but after about an hour and a half of arguing,” he starts. “They will let you stay here to finish your year  since it's too late to transfer you back home, but they haven't told me when they're coming to pick you up yet. That's the best I can get from your father.”

I sigh and nod. It might not be what I wanted, but if I can have the remaining of my school year here then I'll take it. It should give me time to find a way to break the news to Eri. I really don't want to tell her anything now. The time just isn't right.

“Thank you.”

“It's the least I can do to help you Reina. I'm not going to let you leave that easily.”

“Is that all?” I question

“Well Eri is up and she's eager to see you again. Would you like me to bring you the wheelchair?”

“No, I'll be fine walking.” I reply

“Just be careful ok?”

“Don't worry, uncle.”

I slowly slide to the end of the bed and bring my legs over to the edge to dangle above the ground. I put my hands besides me to grab the edge of the bed and push myself off. My feet touch the ground and I stumble forward as I land. My uncle quickly comes over to bring my balance back and puts a hand around my back for support.

“I think you need a wheelchair.” He announces.

He walks me over to the wheelchair and sits me down. He pushes me out the door and straight to Eri's room in no time. She's sitting in her bed with her eyes still closed. I kind of guessed her sight wouldn't be back to normal yet, but I still hope that when ever I come in here she'll be able to open her eyes and look directly at me. It may never happen, but it's one thing I try so hard to remain positive on. Probably because I'm the one who did this and pray that she gets better, that she can recover. My uncle puts me to her bed and leaves.

“Hey, Eri.” I mumble

I can see a bright and goofy smile appear on her face the second she hears my voice. She holds out her hand, searching for mine. I put my hand on to the bed and tangle our fingers together. The small contact of our hands makes her even happier.

“Have you talked to your parents?”

“Yeah, but I think if my uncle didn't speak with them today I wouldn't still be here. I'm staying.”

She squeezes my hand, excited. I smile back while still keeping in mind that I didn't tell her the whole story. I want to. I really do, at this state I really think she can cut down on the bad news for a month or so. I'll tell her when I'm ready.

“How are you?” I asks. “Everything's ok right?”

“Well my father already planned my mother's funeral and I've missed the wake. The burial will be tomorrow.”

“Are you going to go?”

“I don't want to miss it. But I want you to come with me.” she says

“I'm not sure if I can.” I sigh, seeing that not being by my girlfriend's side will make the funeral all the more painful.

“I need you to come with me Reina. I can't go there alone.”

“I know Eri I just...I'm not sure if the doctors will let me. I'm getting around here in a wheelchair.”

“Please Reina? I just...need you be with me.”

And so I give in. Who wouldn't after what she's been through and seeing her now? I'm sure anyone would do the same.

“Ok Eri, I'll come with you.” I promise

She smiles again, feeling much better about attending the funeral. I know it will be hard for her though and she shouldn't probably be going since she's been through enough, but I can tell she's determined to go and to have me come with her. I can't change that. All I can do is show my support for her. I can see how easily our relationship can break and I don't want that to happen. I still want to be with her and I want her to know that I still love her. I always will. That will never change.

“Thank you.”

I'll have to talk the doctors into letting me leave tomorrow. I don't care what they say or what I have to do. I just have to be able to leave tomorrow and be with Eri. There's a knock on the door and I turn around to see our friends standing in the door way looking for me to ask if it's ok to step in. I nod at them and they all come in together at Eri's bed.

“Eririn!” Sayu calls, and wraps Eri into a hug “We were so worried about you!”

“Kame we were so scared! We're so glad you're better.”

Risa is the next one to hug her and it brings another smile to Eri's face. I know just from the look on her face she's happy to have her friends with her and not just me. I feel myself start to smile as I watch them and they all smother her with hugs and words of affection. She needs all the support she can get right now and I'm glad our friends are trying to help.

“I'm fine guys really. I'm just glad you're all here.” Eri replies

She squeezes my hand to make sure I'm still here. I squeeze it back, firmly. She smiles again. I would hate to leave her. She's someone that has the most value to me. Too bad I can't promise her or myself that I can stay here permanently. But she doesn't have to know that. I can tell her another time. Right now I just want to finally see her happy. She deserves it.

Offline Michi.Pinku

• Member+
Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATED 7/4)
« Reply #492 on: July 04, 2009, 06:33:30 PM »
oow ... Reina'll stay with Eri  :heart: -TANAKAME forever!!-
Ufff HOLY UNCLE  :bow: He's really the best uncle.
hahaah Sayu she makes me laugh a lot.
uf ... the friendship  :oops: well , they're true friends *-*
yeep this chapter it's excellent

PD: Eri's mother funeral   :cry:

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #493 on: July 07, 2009, 03:26:18 AM »
Eeeeh, Reina should tell Eri that she might be leaving :O Leaving something important unsaid never leads to anything good :mon scare:

Offline ~happyxcharmy~

• Member+
  • 男人大可不必百口莫辩,女人實在無須楚楚可憐
« Reply #494 on: July 07, 2009, 05:47:15 AM »
oh.. i wish i had an uncle like that....
evil parents!!!

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #495 on: July 10, 2009, 05:20:23 PM »
It sucks when parents can't see the way you see things but hmmm

Awesome uncle, awesome friends, and awesome girlfriend, and awesome fic

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #496 on: July 11, 2009, 03:55:39 AM »
CHAPTER 51

“She's waking up. See what you did Koharu?!”

I open my eyes and turn my head to the side. I can see my friends standing near the door way, looking at me. Were they watching me the whole time? Kind of creepy. Koharu rubs the back of her head, bashfully and waves.
Koharu = :mon sweat:

Awwwww...all the girls are concerned...so cute. :heart:

Though I can see why Reina might be creeped out by the fact that they were watching her from the doorway. :P

“They said there's a possibility she'll see again.” Ai reminds me

“How much of a possibility is that?” I question, my tone icy

“Reina, now isn't the time to live in doubt and think so negative about this situation. If Eri knows that any of us think she'll never get her sight back I'm sure it would crush her even more.” Risa explains.
Indeed. Quite often, people have said that it's the thought and hope and will to WANT to get better that makes the difference. :yep:  To help Eri the most, they have to show and have a positive outlook and make it clear that they're looking for the best, not the worst, results to happen.

I can't help but force a small smile at her attempt to try and cheer me up. Before I can say anything, Risa goes down and hugs me. I put my good arm around her, patting her back. Then Ai comes in to hug me as well then everyone is hugging me, holding on to me, trying to show that they care. That I have their support. I stay there and take in their hug. It brings me some relief to have them near me and to hug me like this.
Group hug!
:mon cute:

Hey wait...I just realized something.

“Wow, Sayu you're not groping me for once as we hug.” I note “Oh wait never mind. Ah! Get off!”
XD

My uncle approaches me and I brace myself for anything dreadful to come my way.

“I've spoke to your parents while you were asleep. It wasn't an easy thing, but after about an hour and a half of arguing,” he starts. “They will let you stay here to finish your year  since it's too late to transfer you back home, but they haven't told me when they're coming to pick you up yet. That's the best I can get from your father.”
Well, it's the most practical decision to make considering that Reina's year at school would just go down the shitter if they took her back immediately. It also buys them a little bit of time to figure out another solution to their problem with Reina's folks, at least. :-\

“Hey, Eri.” I mumble

I can see a bright and goofy smile appear on her face the second she hears my voice. She holds out her hand, searching for mine. I put my hand on to the bed and tangle our fingers together. The small contact of our hands makes her even happier.

“Have you talked to your parents?”

“Yeah, but I think if my uncle didn't speak with them today I wouldn't still be here. I'm staying.”

She squeezes my hand, excited. I smile back while still keeping in mind that I didn't tell her the whole story. I want to. I really do, at this state I really think she can cut down on the bad news for a month or so. I'll tell her when I'm ready.

While it's true that hearing more bad news wouldn't be a good thing for Eri right now, Reina shouldn't wait too long before she tells her. After all, if she and Uncle can't convince her folks to let her stay permanently, and if she waits too long to tell her...it'll be even harder for both of them to deal with.

*ERI'S MOM'S FUNERAL NEWS*
:gmon tears:

Hopefully the doctors will give Reina special permission to go.

Offline writerjunkie

• Junior Moderator
  • Member+
  • KameShige= <3 ^_^
« Reply #497 on: July 14, 2009, 05:20:10 PM »
CHAPTER 52

“Reina are you ready?”

“Yeah.” I reply

I flatten out my black dress and make sure my necklace and other jewelry are on properly as well before we leave my uncle's car. Satisfied with my reflection in the car mirror, I close the flap above the passenger seat. I face my uncle before opening the car door. My hand is clenched tight around the handle. Our eyes connect and he tosses me a soft smile. It's a smile of confident. It's his way of telling me that I can get through this just like all the other things I've been through. And he's right. I can do this, accepting this  push of confidence, I open the door. My skin meets with cold fresh winter air, taking the warmth I had in the car almost instantly away. I bunch up into my jacket to keep some of the heat inside with me. The wind from the brisk air blows back bits of my brown hair, making them lash at my face, brushing under my nose, occasionally. I start to shiver, but it isn't from the cold anymore. It's from the fear. I'm flooded with an overflow of emotions. I'm so nervous. Who wouldn't be? I've never been to a funeral before. I don't know what to expect or what to do. All I know is that I have to be  with Eri, but I didn't have to think too hard about that. I just want to know what comes after this. Should I leave her at home or should I come with her? I guess I'll know when this is all over. I wish it would be soon. I'm not even a foot into the cemetery and I hate it. I can get the strong feeling of death around me and sorrow. I can't stand it. It makes me worry more about Eri. Since she's the one that will be the most effected to this sad filled graveyard.

“Remember Reina, take it easy.” My uncle reminds me.

“Yeah, yeah, I know.” I reply

He opens the car from his side and comes over to help me out. I hold on to his arm as we walk closer to the long rusted gate door. The whole gate is covered in rust and I'm sure if people didn't tend to the graves so much this whole place would be covered in tall pieces of grass. As we draw near I can notice that some graves have dead flowers or some have none at all as if forgotten forever by their love ones. I hope Eri's mom won't be forgotten like these people. We carefully walk through the gate and step on to soft bright green grass. There are thousands of headstones everywhere. The rows of how many seem to stretch far into the distance making it seem endless. I shiver again to the sudden shift of temperature change. My uncle looks at me, feeling that I'm shivering since our arms are linked together. I nod at him with a soft smile in place, showing him I'm perfectly fine. I know how paranoid he is about my health since I'm not exactly fit to be in this type of weather. Curious to my surroundings, I find myself taking in every detail I come across in this cemetery. The trees are bare with not a single leaf attached to it's branches. It not only makes this place look sadder, but scary. I really don't want to be here, but I know I have to. I can't leave just yet. My eyes zip through each row of graves as we travel, searching for one headstone in particular.

“There they are.” I state.

I point out to my left. My uncle's eyes follow my hand and we both start to walk in that direction. There are people circled around the square shaped coffin. It hasn't been put in the ground yet so that has to mean it didn't start yet. There aren't many people standing out here, bu that doesn't matter. I think in the distant though, I can make out our friends, standing among the group. I'm glad they decided to come. I let go of my uncle's arm when we're just an inch away from the group. He nods at me, understanding my hasty departure. I quickly make my way over to Eri who's latched on to her father's arm, sniffling. He sees me and steps away, leaving me to take his place. I slip my hand easily into Eri's and her hand on instinct curls around mine. Her hand is so soft and warm like always, but I can feel them shaking and the muscle tightening, showing signs of her distress. The funeral hasn't started, but already she's a weeping mess. I scan the people around me briefly. They have their head down, their eyes fixed on the coffin in the middle of us. The reason why we're all here. Why we are filled with dread and pain. I might have not known her that well, but I knew she was a good mother and now that she's dead I can't help but feel a sense of sorrow too. Knowing that she's dead bothers me a lot more than I would have thought. I put my head down, keeping an eye on Eri as we stand together side by side.

“I'm here Eri.” I whisper.

She leans into me, resting her head on to my shoulder. This is why I don't want her here, but she insisted and I can understand why. This would be her only chance to say her farewells. She has a right to say her goodbyes to her mother. No one can ever replace her mother. She's someone close and special to Eri's heart. I just hate seeing her suffer like this and I can't do anything to help her. I can't stop what she's feeling and I can't go back to save her mother and even if I could I don't think I could have stopped it. Cancer isn't a curable disease. We both knew this was going to happen, but we didn't know it would happen and lead to a series of tragic events. I put my head lightly against hers, feeling the need to seek comfort myself.

“Reina?” she mumbles.

Her voice quivers with uncertainty. I've never seen her so afraid or this sad. She's too fragile. Her hold in our joined hands feels desperate and pleading. I'm more than willing to assure her as much I have to and shower her with as much love is needed to quash her fears, instantly. If you're listening Mrs. Kamei I'll still keep that promise you've asked me before. It'll take care of her. I won't let you down. I'll take care of Eri and protect her with my own life. You don't have to worry. Eri's safe in my arms. I promise.

“I would never leave you.” I say.

The man up front behind the headstone puts his hands up in the air in silence to signal he's starting. I grip Eri's hands just a tad bit harder. He opens his book and starts to read. Eri immediately starts to weep. She's trying her best to get through this. She may not be able to see what's going on, but she can hear well enough to know and I'm sure thousands of pictures and thoughts are going through her mind right now. I know my mind is racing, but the one that I come back to the most is why? Why does things this cruel happen to Eri? I'm still blaming myself for my mistake even if Eri doesn't want me to. I can't help it, but I guess bad things like this can't be helped either. It just happens and I'm left to pick up the pieces. My stomach churns. My mouth has gone dry. I can hear the sound of crying and sniffling from the family around me and it doesn't help me feel any better. I've never felt this bad in my life before. This funeral can't be over soon enough.

When the man was done everyone had a chance to say their goodbyes. Many people lined up to toss a flower over the grave or something else they must of new she loved. I came into the line with Eri and stopped when we were close enough to the coffin. She was first to put a single red rose over it and I put one shortly after. I put my hand on the coffin as if saying my goodbye to her if she were alive. I had to do something. I wanted to show that she was someone I cared about to. I may have not spoke to her often, but that conversation we had when I took care of her it's still fresh in my head. And then to see that she's dead well it...kind of bothers me. At least now she doesn't have to suffer. She can be pain free and be finally at peace.

“Goodbye, Mrs. Kamei.” I whisper.

I take my hand off the coffin and walk Eri as far away from the coffin as possible. She shouldn't come back here, at least not for a long time at least. She needs time to heal.

My uncle approaches me as we get closer to the cemetery gate.

“Reina, are you coming with me or are you going to stay with Eri?” He questions.

“I'll stay with her for today, if that's ok?” I reply.

“It isn't a problem. Give me a call when you want me to pick you up tomorrow.”

He waves goodbye and heads to his car, alone this time. From the right I can see our friends coming over to greet us, but I know they're mainly here to see if Eri is ok. She was crying so much during the burial.

“Eri we're sorry.” Ai says.

“It's hard for you, but please try not to remain negative ok?” Risa asks.

“If you need us you can call us Eri.” Sayu adds. “You know we care for you.”

“I-I know I just...it's hard. I...I miss her already. Thank you for all coming.” Eri sniffles.

She can't get enough strength to talk anymore other than those few words. She goes back to crying when she's done. I notice that the only person who hasn't spoken is Koharu. She's speechless and seeing her not say a word is kind of strange. Her perky happy energy is gone. She's at a lack for words which is understandable. So instead she just puts her head down and fidgets. Her arm loops through Sayu's as she runs her foot along the smooth grass. She shouldn't have came here. She's much younger than us to see this. 

“She just needs some time. She'll be fine.” I promise.

They all wave and exit the cemetery, leaving Eri and I last. We can't stay here anymore. There's no need to and I don't want to be here any longer either. I just want to get out of here and away from the sight of death. I've had enough of it for a day.

“Come on Eri. Let's get out of here.”

I lead her out of the graveyard and straight to her father's car. I come in carefully after she's taken a seat and close the door. Her dad starts the car and drives into the silent road, speeding away from the cemetery with ease. I'm glad to leave. I don't ever want to come back to this place.

“Are you tired?” I say

I enter Eri's room and close the door behind us as we walk to the middle of the room. Eri holds on to me tightly as she stands there, quietly. I brought her here in case she wanted to sleep if she was too drained from her previous crying.

“Maybe we should lay down.” I suggest.

“Help me undress?”

I gulp and freeze. She wants me to...undress her? I...oh boy. My mind is getting all these bad thoughts just thinking about seeing her body again. Snap out of it! She asking me because she needs my help. She can't do it herself. She can't see anything! Why would I want to think about sex at a time like this anyway? I step forward and she turns her back towards me to give me a view of the zipper to her dress. I let out a small breath and take the zipper into my fingers. Eri stands still waiting for me to pull it down. Slowly, I bring the zipper down her body, being sure to not get the zipper stuck as it travels down. I let it go when it's a little below her waist and take a step back. I take another deep breath to control myself. Eri starts to take her dress off, pulling lightly at the top of her dress to get her arms through the holes. I come over to help her when it's around her feet so she won't trip and I take the dress. I go to her closet to hang it up. I come back and stand there in front of her, trying to look anywhere, but at her half naked body. She's standing before me in just her underwear. Right now I wish I were blind so I don't have to get distracted! She has such a nice body. I can't look away. I feel that I have to stare at it and touch it. Eri's hands go to my shoulders and slide up  to my face. Her fingers trace the outline of my cheek gently and my breath quickens to the feel of her fingers touching me, lovingly. She leans forward and I gasp.

“Eri, what are you doing?” I whisper.

Her lips touch my own and I automatically tie my arms around her waist to bring her closer. Her body presses against me as we kiss, heatedly. She's still so soft and her touch just I remember it is tender and warm. Her tongue comes into my mouth and I moan, grabbing on to her slightly tighter. The kiss ends quickly after, but neither of us move. I continue to embrace her, too stunned to speak. My head is spinning and my heart is beating into my neck, making it impossible to speak. The only sound that is heard is our labored breathing that seems to magnify due to the silence around us. I bury my face into the crook of Eri's neck and hold her, trying to gain back some strength. She makes me so weak. I'm only soft and weak for her. I put my mouth next to her ear, keeping her into a firm hug. It isn't the right time to be doing this. Not only because of the funeral we just went to, but because we're also not alone in her house. There's people just outside her door and I'm pretty sure I didn't lock the door when I got in so they can just easily walk in and catch us doing something we don't want them to see.

“We shouldn't be doing this.” I whisper. “What if...your father comes in?”

She places a kiss on to my cheek and holds on to me in silence. I think the best thing for her right is rest. I know she must feel exhausted, but her body remains restless.

“I'll get your clothes.”

I let her go and make a dash for her dresser. I take out a pair of shorts and a white tank top. I help her put her clothing on and guide her to bed.

“You can change too if you want.” She says. “I have enough clothes for you to wear too.”

“I'll change once you're in bed.” I reply.

I gently lay her back into bed and pull the sheets up to her chest and kiss the top of her head. Her hand goes around my wrist just as I walk away.

“You're going to sleep with me right? It's ok to sleep here.”

I smile.

“Yeah I'll come with you. Just let me get dressed first.” I answer.

She lets go of my wrist and puts her arm back at her sides. I brush down her black hair and go to pull out a pair of clothes for me to settle in for the day. She lays there, waiting for me, wondering when I'll come join her again. She's still fragile and there's still many pieces to be picked up and put back together again. I'm willing to stay with her, until the very end. I quickly change and don't waste a second to hurry back over and crawl my way into her bed. I lay behind her and put my arm around her waist as we turn on our sides. Her hand goes over mine and I put my chin on to her shoulder. I hear her let out a soft sigh and her body sinks, feeling finally relaxed. This rest is just what she needs.

“I won't leave you.” I say.

Just as we both start to fall to sleep. I feel my heart ache at those words, reminding me that none of that statement is true. I might be leaving and I don't know when or how many days I have left. I hope I never meet the day when I have to leave and give up everything I've gained during my stay in Tokyo. I've bonded with my uncle, made better and more trustworthy friends, and fell in love with the most beautiful and sweetest girl I've ever seen in my life. These are things I would never want to just easily give up and would want to remember forever. Even this moment is precious despite Eri mourning over the death of someone close to her. This is something I can share with her and keep forever. It'll become a keepsake and maybe I can learn from this experience and something good can come from it. Right now it's just too bleak to see to see the last part.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATED 7/14)
« Reply #498 on: July 15, 2009, 11:30:36 PM »
CHAPTER 52
 :ptam-cry: :pleeease: :k-sad: :gmon tears: :mon whine: :mon waterworks: :mon runcry: :pen_cry: :pig cry: :'(

Cancer isn't a curable disease.
Maybe not yet, but one day it will be. :cry:

*BACK AT ERI'S ROOM*
Fortunately for them they were able to calm themselves back down pretty quickly. Both of them (particularly Eri for obvious reasons) are in a very emotional state, and thus need to be extra careful that they don't do anything that the might regret just because they want, for lack of a better/more sensitive term, a "distraction" to take their minds off of what happened today.

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
Re: This Thing Called Love(UPDATED 7/14)
« Reply #499 on: July 17, 2009, 05:49:27 PM »

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Gain - Catch Me If You Can