JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Kissing You (Schoolrock ver.)

Author Topic: [Discuss] Yossy and Rika as hAngry & Angry  (Read 4766 times)

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
[Discuss] Yossy and Rika as hAngry & Angry
« on: April 30, 2009, 09:11:24 PM »
Who would've thought that this:

would turn up like this?

Why do you think Rika and Yossui were picked?

Was it the right choice?

Would you give a damn had it been a different pair?

What don't you like about the choice?

Absolutely anything

Just give MAD REACT to Yossy and Rika becoming hAngry and Angry

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
Re: [Discuss] Yossy and Rika as hAngry & Angry
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:58:36 PM »
Great topic!

I wouldn't say I'm a MM/H!P connoisseur, but Ishiyoshi seemed like the first real coupling; they have STAYING power.  It would be important to have a pairing with excellent chemistry to really sell h&A.

Yossy has always had that unique edge to her, so an opportunity like this is perfect... it suits her personality.  I can't comment on Rika's character, but so far, she's playing ANGRY brilliantly.

And besides... who else in UFA could've possibly been considered for taking on h&A?  Girls from Melon Kinenbi?  They come to mind because they're older and do the rock scene already, but I don't think they have the star power to make a dent over in the US.

LOL I was just thinking, "What if it was YoMiki playing h&A?"  XD  There'd be no balance and Miki would most likely half-ass her way through live shows.  I love how 1444 are so into their performances and engage the audience... YEAH!

k, I think I'm done.

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:09:13 PM »
Not a clue. Maybe their personalities fit the characters?

Was it the right choice?
Yeees, definitely.

Depends on who it was. Yossie and Rika and are my top two idols ever, so naturally I'd pay attention to it. If it was two other girls I liked, I might pay attention, but if it was two girls I didn't like, I wouldn't even bother with the group.

Nothing. :D

When I  first found out about H&A, I was at JPM and I saw the topic for it. I knew it was a new group and my first thought was that it wouldn't include Yossie or Rika. I scrolled down and saw both of their names and nearly fainted. Then I saw their pictures and almost had a heart attack (mainly from the shock. XD). So, yes, I was very excited. =P I had always wanted Yossie and Rika to be in a group together (just the two of them), plus they were singing rock, so I was extremely happy. :D

The only thing I didn't like about the group at first was the image because I wasn't into the whole "Visual Kei" thing, but now I like it. =P

Offline Ripusu

• Ring Leader 3 FOOH!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 11:51:16 PM »
Were there really others to choose from  :O

Was it the right choice?
uh.... *copies and pastes* Were there really others to choose from  :O

Honestly, inside of UFA... who else could fill in the roles of Hang/Ang better? Nobody, unless they were intrested in starting with new people and I dont think that was what they really wanted.

HELL NO!

The fact that they can't SIGN with their NORMAL signitures  :banghead:

Absolutely anything
 :wigglypanda:

1444! ROX MY SOX
Top 5 H!P Members in my list: 1: Ogawa Makoto 2: Nakazawa Yuko 3: Ishikawa Rika 4: Niigaki Risa 5: Michishige Sayumi

Generations come and go but GOKKIES are for ever

Risa Niigaki: The only one that truly embodies Morning Musume

Best Uta Doki! clicky

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 12:47:33 AM »
It's a prefect coupling.  Those two just seem to have the right chemistry together.

When Rika was in Biyuuden something didn't seem quite right.  Sure, they were great in the PV's but outside that the chemistry just didn't seem to be there.  I can't put my finger on exactly what, but one thing that irked me was that Yui and Erika were often interviewed without Rika.  Maybe they didn't get along, or maybe management wanted Yui & Erika to get more exposure because Rika was more well known.  Whatever the reason, it was a bullshit decision and they should have always appeared together as a group.
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 01:23:48 AM »
wow~ ^_^ i slept almost right after starting the topic and when i woke up: VoiLa!
* tru_harmony are happy XD

i remember talking a bit on this somewhere

this is one of my theories:

remember, before the whole unit announcement, Rika and a whole bunch of other h!p girls modelled for h.Naoto. From what I recall, Rika was the last to take the catwalk.

my initial thought after the announcement was that Rika was already chosen at the time of the fashion show.

as for the other half of h&a, my theory splits into two:

they might be choosing among the girls who modelled with her.
BUT
why pick one of them, when you can get someone more awesome than all of them combined?
Yossui > all them (you guys don't need to agree to this XD)

follows this scenario:
production people: hmmm... who should we choose? there're so many to choose from.
Rika-chan: Yossui
production people: but...
Rika-chan: IshiYoshi or nothing
production people: ISHIYOSHI!

i remember something about Rika texting Yossui that day of the fashion show... not so sure ... ha~ XD

haha. both are crazy but fun thoughts, ne?

but on a serious note. Yossy and Rika are experienced performers who have tons of chemistry on and seemingly off stage. They're good at internalizing characters and they seem very passionate yet very professional about their work.

visually, their features are... sharper, i guess... like you get a lot of impact from just looking at them. since they're promoting a clothing line, i think it's all good

Was it the right choice?
Hell, yeah!
hangry = 20%male cat

angry's a bit more a poetic for me... like, here's this really sweet all 'LOVELY!' and 'POSTIVITE' idol and turn her into a sadistic cat like that... all cute on the outside, morbid on the inside... ooooh... :lol: there's some irony in there... i think XD or i'm just imagining things

I probably would not pay so much attention to it had it been anyone else... the music and everything's okay... but i can't imagine execution...

yossui can't get angry XD (refer to PV)

really, nothing

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!
it's literally almost a dream come true for me

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 02:25:35 AM »
Interesting topic. So much, that I feel compelled to comment even if I'm not into H&A (even if I'm one of those lurking 1444 fans).

I'm not sure what they were looking for when they picked them, but there's a few things which might have led these people to pick them. For once, both are naturally beautiful girls. Yossy sometimes doesn't look particularly great, but paying attention to her when the camera is not on her lets the viewer notice her beauty. And Rika, well, she's Rika! As much as her voice sometimes irritates me, it doesn't keep me from saying she's a stunner. So, my ranting aside, I'd say their beauty had a lot to do with it.

Their legendary popularity and chemistry was probably considered, too. These girls not only look good together, but are probably good colleagues, too. They've been together for a long time, and I bet they've found a way to interact which suits them both.

Also, the character Hangry is partially male, thus picking Yossy would make sense, sort. By this I'm not saying Yossy is partially make, just that she's never had much problem with the boyish charm. And Rika... she looks great with that kind of clothes. When I first saw them like that, I couldn't help staring at her. :P
 :yossi:  :otomerika:

Was it the right choice?
Most likely, it was. Can't imagine any other H!P girl (actual or former) like that. Although, I wouldn't be so sure about the Eggs, since I can't tell most of them apart. :/

Probably not. As stated before, I'm not into the H&A personas. Still, I care enough to get a bit excited about their promotions and success.

There's nothing wrong with the choice. I like their looks, I like them together and all that jazz, but their music doesn't appeal to me.  :sweatdrop:

Absolutely anything
I dreamed of Rika and daigong last week! 
 :rikabunny

ISHIYOSHI PWNS!!!
^^ That was my first thought, then I cracked up and *almost* started dancing like a wota. xD

Offline differentstory12

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 06:01:16 AM »
To tell you the truth, I really dont know, I thought it was a miracle that they FINALLY got a unit together.

Was it the right choice?
Yes! =D

I dont think I would care as much as I do if it was someone else. Yossie is my favorite member and I was so happy that she got to do something apart from Ongaku Gatas. Rika is also one of my favorites and after Seattle she went up to my 5th favorite member now  :heart: So if it was someone else, I dont think I would. Unless it was a GakiKame unit but I cant picture them as Hangry & Angry at all lol XD.

I pretty much like everything, although Im glad they are not wearing those spiky hair things anymore since I wasnt a big fan of the hair XD.  Oh maybe that they make them stay in character? I think I was one of the few that when it was time for Hangry/Yossie's bday surprise, I sang "Happy Birthday Yossie" instead of "Happy Birthday Hangry" XD.

Absolutely anything
I wanna see them again  :wub:

My first reaction was screaming OMG OMG while my sisters were looking at me like if I won something.
I was coming back from a trip from Orlando and asked my sister to use her cellphone, so I went to JPM and saw "Hangry & Angry". I was like what the? So I clicked it and scrolled down and saw their picture. I looked closely and recognized them and basically freaked out right there and then. I yelled out OMG!!! My sister who was driving got scared and I woke up my other sister and her friends with my screamXD. I kept reading how Kill Me Kiss Me sounded so good and I couldnt wait to get home to listen to it. I kept thinking, "Please let it be a good song, please let it be a good song". So after a 4 hour drive I get home, and got to listen to it and was so happy because the song was soooo good!

I love H&A so much, and Im so happy that they picked Yossie and Rika!  :yossi: :otomerika:

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 07:10:58 PM »
because both are young, cool and pretty, both are from the same musume generation, both have a very mature attitude, also Yossi was doing nothing and neither Rika (only Gatas but that's apparently not much) and obviously and most importantly because IssyYossi is pure LUV  :bleed eyes:

Was it the right choice?
i can't think in any other duo, is the perfect choice

maybe i wouldn't give a damm (daigong wouldn't care that much if Rikass wasn't there  :P)

that they are taking the Hangry & Angry characters a bit too far? i mean, saying we are not Yossi and Rika but H&A?... seriously that is nonsense... or you think superman can really cover his identity with a pair of glasses?  :lol:

:twothumbs  :drool:  :cow: please kill me!!! ESTA BUENISIMO!!!

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Kissing You (Schoolrock ver.)