JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Can You Keep a Secret

Author Topic: The Girl Rock Thread  (Read 46832 times)

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2006, 07:56:54 AM »
Oh, sweet, thanks.

lol, I won't disagree with them either, she's adorable.
And as for tabs, this guy has some from chatmonchy has come,
http://www.xxxsound.jp/main/artist.130.html

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2006, 09:15:55 AM »
ooh thanks. I prefer tabs over chords :P

there are a couple chords here that aren't there for people that like chords http://music.j-total.net/db/search.cgi?mode=search&page=1&sort=ac_new&word=%89%CC%81F%83%60%83%83%83b%83g%83%82%83%93%83%60%81%5B/&method=and

Offline tmk

• Sushiko shipper
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2006, 02:04:31 AM »
Apart from old favourites like Shonen Knife and Pizzicato Five I like 5678s, Megababe and Bo Peep. The last 2 I found through MySpace which mostly sucks but is a great way to find new music.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 11:49:15 PM »
There's this band called Mind of Asian. They play screamy hardcore thrash punk, sometimes touching on grindcore. Not the best stuff out there, but if you're in to that kind of stuff, it's a fun listen. :D

Offline TotallyUncool

• Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2007, 10:25:46 AM »
MARIA MARIA MARIA MARIA MARIA!

But also, some indie bands:

Tsushimamire
eX-Girl

Both of them tour the U.S. and (in eX-Girl's case, at least) Europe about once a year.  I've seen Tsushimamire twice and eX-Girl three times  --  they both put on great live shows in the kind of clubs where you can talk to members of the band after the show.

Noodles
Saw them the first time I saw Tsushimamire  --  they've recorded a lot of stuff (on Benten and other labels), and they're excellent.

Cherry Boom
From Taiwan  --  indie/pop with some good metallic guitar.  I hear everything from Tarcy Su to Garbage and the Noodles in their music.  Haven't seen 'em  --  I hope they play some U. S. gigs.
Download: Cherry Boom - Dear Prince (album)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 05:48:51 AM »
Quote from: TotallyUncool;273919

But also, some indie bands:

Tsushimamire

Love this band.

They went to my school for a little interview thing for my campus radio station. They're really cute. Didn't have a chance to talk to them though, but I guess I sorta met them... I really wouldn't know what to say anyways, I'm terrible at small talk.

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2007, 08:45:13 PM »
So I can't believe no one has mentioned Zwei!

Zwei is one of the best J-girl-rock bands ever, imho :heart: They are made up of two girls, Megu (bass) and Ayumu (vocals), and they're just awesome :heart: Ayumu has some of the best vocals in J-pop/rock, not to mention she's one of the hottest tomboys! :inlove: They have 2 full-length studio albums, Pretty Queen and Z, and 5 singles. Check them out if you haven't already! :heart:

Btw, in the pic, Megu is the blonde one and Ayumu is the one with the shades^^

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2007, 10:19:09 PM »
^I've been listening Zwei's "Pretty Queen" album, and I like it a whole lot, but I haven't heard other girl J-Rock groups yet....give me some time and I'll eventually get there. :MKgrin:
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 04:36:57 AM »
I've listened to a zwei album, though I can't remember which one, I didn't really like it though, it was alright.

Offline donkeykong83

• ecchi
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2007, 07:12:33 AM »
Pretty Queen was something unique. But I thought it was boring. Z was ok though.

Offline aznanimedude

• Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 04:22:22 PM »
woo new people to listen to since my only 2 female j-rock groups were zone n maria XD awei huh?

Offline S+S

The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2007, 04:49:51 AM »
What about "AYA"? The style is a bit american rock influenced but it have good sound and is J-Rock!!! hehe... I only heard two albums: "Baghdad Sky" and "Flower in the battlefield"

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2007, 05:39:35 AM »
wow, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Kamiki Aya....

I'll start uploading when I get home.

-OwaranaisLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline S+S

The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2007, 06:10:34 AM »
the curiosity makes me search for Kamiki Aya in youtube... I begin to listen some pvs but it seems more j-pop.... or j-rock very pop =P lol... I really hope is not bad to post youtube links of AYA here.. if anyone are interested. Is very hard to find videos of her.... but in youtube are only 3 haha... :pencry: The first one is some kind of rockballad... In the second one I like the last part she sings...

AYA - Crazy Mermaid --->
AYA - Hands --->

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2007, 08:25:12 AM »
I believe Kamiki Aya has her own thread, so there was no need to mention her in here. And of course she's rock, she has pretty much every rock element in her music. If you check out alot of the bands in this thread, most of them are pop/rock anyways. We're not here to discuss what rock is, if you have a band/artist you're free to share, as long as they can rock out :P
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 08:34:00 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline S+S

The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2007, 08:51:56 AM »
oh oks.. sorry StreakInTheSky..., and I agree about "We're not here to discuss what rock is"... But it'll be interesting to talk about that

so my share is AYA 'cuz no one has already mentionate her here =P
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 07:39:03 AM by S+S »

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2007, 01:00:01 AM »
Here's a fairly new band in the vein of Nakanomori BAND.

EU PHORIA (ユーフォーリア)

I came across them when I was watching PopJam. They're under the same label as Nakanomori BAND. So far they've only released one single, which was a cover of Sharan Q's Single Bed. Active only this year, serving as the opening act at Nakanomori BAND shows, but they've been getting more exposure this month.

A PV

EU PHORIA (ユーフォーリア)

I came across them when I was watching PopJam. They're under the same label as Nakanomori BAND. So far they've only released one single, which was a cover of Sharan Q's Single Bed. Active only this year, serving as the opening act at Nakanomori BAND shows, but they've been getting more exposure this month.

A PV

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2007, 01:26:21 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the vid boykun. Have to keep my eyes on these girls.

Baba Booey

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2007, 02:45:35 AM »
Ooh nice. They're all pretty cute. The keyboardist looks like Sayaka Ichii, the bassist looks like the chick from Himitsu no Hanazono, and the vocalist reminds of Miyu from zone. :lol: And they already have bonus points for covering sharam q :P

Offline blp

• Member+
The Girl Rock Thread
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2007, 03:05:58 AM »
Has anyone heard PISTOL VALVE?

Thanks for the Eu Phoria video Boykun... I think they have a new album out this week... there are big posters and displays in many of the Tokyo music stores.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Can You Keep a Secret