JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Salyu - Uee

Author Topic: The OFFICIAL Star Wars Thread  (Read 82479 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
The OFFICIAL Star Wars Thread
« on: January 18, 2006, 09:49:01 AM »
Talk about Star Wars here!!  O0

The OFFICIAL
Star Wars
Thread

Swore we had a thread. Drop your favorite links...of course go to http://www.starwars.com for the latest.

Empire for me, Lando and Han and Chewie. Hellz yeah. Luke crying like a lil bitch, funniest shit ever! Yoda dropping philosopical bombs on yer ass!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 08:32:10 PM by daigong »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
New Star Wars Cartoon & TV Movies??
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 12:11:25 AM »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: New Star Wars Cartoon & TV Movies??
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 12:23:17 AM »
I think it was on IGN.com that I had read about George Lucas bringing Star Wars to TV, but there wasn't any set date as of yet.

New live action movies, guessing an hour long, that will feature other characters from the SW universe.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline vergil83

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 04:26:26 AM »
Is the series a sequel after Star War: Return of the Jedi?

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 04:51:38 AM »
I think it was on IGN.com that I had read about George Lucas bringing Star Wars to TV, but there wasn't any set date as of yet.

New live action movies, guessing an hour long, that will feature other characters from the SW universe.

i think tv show of it. but its pretty much consists of characters from the novels. i think its coming out in 09 or 10

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 05:14:11 AM »
Well there's actually nothing new in this; they made Ewok-movies in the 80's  :)

coot is ctz

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 10:17:52 AM »
Well there's actually nothing new in this; they made Ewok-movies in the 80's  :)
Thank you for bringing back the nightmares...
;)

Offline marktobias

• TOISU!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 02:06:36 PM »
I think it will end up as a live action TV series. Lucas has nothing else to do so he might aswell make Star Wars until he dies. I'm really not bothered anymore though. It's all gonna be CGI to the max and made for kids with merchandising in mind.

Offline vicmu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 07:50:36 PM »
these will either be awesome and everyone will watch them or they will suck badly and everyone will still watch them.

I swear Lucas is a genius.

Offline marktobias

• TOISU!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 02:23:16 PM »
these will either be awesome and everyone will watch them or they will suck badly and everyone will still watch them.

I swear Lucas is a genius.
Haha very true. Although I will not watch them. I'm too lazy to even watch shows I love because I have to make the effort to go downstairs.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 02:28:38 AM »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 05:05:01 PM by Masa »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
Re: Leaked CGI Clone Wars Trailer
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 09:42:31 AM »
looks pretty cool, but the action scenes seem kinda lacking which were bad ass on the original cartoon version.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Leaked CGI Clone Wars Trailer
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 09:00:19 PM »
Looks cool! I hope they're gonna us ethe 3D-animation for something new now when they have chance.
coot is ctz

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2008, 05:09:37 PM »

Star Wars new villain is bald babe

Meet the villain of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, a double lightsaber-weilding pale, bald babe named Asajj Ventress. She appeared in 2-D form in previous cartoons, but gets 3-D digital animation in the upcoming film, opening Aug. 9. The movie is a prequel that takes place in the years before Anakin Skywalker becomes Darth Vader. It sets up a future animated TV series for the Cartoon Network and a first trailer debuts Thursday at 7:58 p.m. in all time zones on that and other Turner Networks: TBS, TNT, CNN and Boomerang.
http://blogs.usatoday.com/entertainment/2008/05/star-wars-new-v.html

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2008, 05:39:50 PM »
Saw the trailer and even though I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, it interested me!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2008, 02:46:48 PM »
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 02:50:16 PM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: The OFFICIAL Star Wars Thread
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2008, 08:30:29 PM »
:doh: missed these on TV.

The Video Game looks dope tho!

I SWORE we had an official Star Wars thread but it got lost. So here I make it again with merging of them Clone Wars threads :P

Andy Richter joins the cast of Carrie Fisher, Billie Dee Williams, Seth MacFarlane, Conan O’Brien, Breckin Meyer, and Ahmed Best among others. Hilarity ensues when the gang at Robot Chicken further their parody of the iconic Star Wars. This episode, directed by Seth Green, focuses on the bounty hunters!

DOWNLOAD
http://lix.in/-317c99

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 10:37:18 AM »
LucasFilm Says "Star Wars: A Musical Journey" Bound For U.S.

After launching at London's O2 arena in April, a live stage treatment of the Star Wars series, Star Wars: A Musical Journey, will make its way to the U.S. But organizers say they're steering clear of a straight forward musical theater treatment or "R2-D2 rolling across the stage," and are instead preparing a recontextualization of the iconic film franchise featuring an enormous LED screen, classic films scenes and, of course, John Williams' landmark score.

First announced in late 2008, Star Wars: A Musical Journey debuts April 10 in London, where 17,000 will be the first to sample the bombastic production. Williams is personally rearranging the neo-romantic space opera's leitmotifs like "The Imperial March" and the "Star Wars (Main Theme)" for performance live by the 86-piece Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and Choir. The symphony will perform in front of a 100-foot LED screen displaying a LucasFilm re-edit of all six movies into one 90-minute narrative that syncs to the beat of Williams' new work.

The idea for Journey came during the scoring phase of post-production on Revenge of the Sith according to Howard Roffman, president of Lucas Licensing and a 29-year veteran of the company. "We were really looking for something that would be big and spectacular and reach as many people as possible and still deliver a really fantastic experience," he says.

Williams — the man behind iconic scores for Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and more — was ecstatic to work in a new context according to tour partner Gregg Perloff whose Berkeley-based Another Planet Entertainment is producing the event.

"This is the first time that LucasFilm has authorized this kind of presentation, so that's a big deal," Perloff said. "When we showed [Williams] our plans he was looking at the technical aspects of it and saying to his manager and agent, 'God, we should do this every night.' Because no one's ever done it. He was so into it. He understands that certain music plays a certain way to a film and that it plays slightly different live — and so he's making sure that every piece is perfect for the live experience."

An exclusive preview for Rolling Stone gave an indication of the production's hair-raising potency, from the thundering drums of the "20th Century Fox Theme" to the Wagnerian "Star Wars (Main Theme)."

"This'll be the biggest, baddest sounding orchestra that anybody's ever heard," said Spencer Churchill, tour producer for Another Planet. All that power comes with a hefty back end — Churchill said A Musical Journey is bigger than 90 to 95 percent of all rock tours because of the stage, the LED screen, and all the vintage Star Wars costumes that will be displayed within several thousand square-feet of "front of the house" space each night. Churchill can't detail specific artifacts from the exhibition but said, "It will be a lot of stuff. A few of them have never been seen before."

"Let's put it this way," says Perloff, "We could sell tickets just for the exhibit and people will feel like they've got their money's worth."

"There's not one thing that can tell you what's under this roof while it's all happening," said Churchill, and that is part of the problem of the project. Star Wars has the most demanding fans in history, and some reacted derisively to news of A Musical Journey. The producers feel the pressure to satisfy them as well as a general audience.

"It's a different way of looking at the familiar," says Perloff. "It requires a great deal of thought as to, 'How do you make the live experience of this meet what the films are?' We can't have a third-rate production. We have so much respect for the films and John Williams' music that we want to elevate the audience to a certain standard.

"We're not going to fall victim to cheap gags, which you certainly could do in this case."

"You do have to walk that fine line," says Churchill. "Certainly you want it to be entertaining without it being kitschy and I think we are doing that completely. It's not a bunch of shtick. It's not R2-D2 going across the stage — that's what it's not going to be."

Tickets will range from $35 to $75, with more show dates throughout Europe and America to be announced.
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/26288624/lucasfilm_says_star_wars_a_musical_journey_bound_for_us/2

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 08:51:44 AM »
Now they make em?? I can't recall how many broken chopsticks I have with lightsaber battles with my sister and cousins :lol:

http://www.blister.jp/item12913.html

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Salyu - Uee