JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Precious

Author Topic: [CHI] The Official Chow Yun-Fat Thread  (Read 61410 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: [CHI] The Official Chow Yun-Fat Thread
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 10:10:54 AM »
Chow Yun-Fat's CONFUCIUS posters:

Images: Beijing Dadi Century Limited, China Film Group, Dadi Film Group. Sina.com

But FUCK Prison on Fire hands down the tales of Brotherhood.

Prison on Fire II Theme Song 希盼得好夢

Some of my favorities scenes. Chow going "I talk loud don't mean I'm disrespecting!!" features Roy 張耀揚 Cheung as corrupt cop #1
[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nid9pT6TtQU#t=4m17s[/noembed]

Giving manly advice from the crapper - LOL Tony Leung was such a wimp
[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY-PsWcKSG8#t=3m15s[/noembed]

AND SHIT ... everyone busting out in bromance. ONLY Fat Goh can pull shit off like that XD
[noembed]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h2nHKoaJE8#t=4m02[/noembed]

YOU MUST WATCH!! The prison fight at the end, where Chow flips out. HANNIBAL LECTER wish he was that nuts.  :pimp:

THE BLOODIEST ... tale of Brotherhood you ever seen.  :pimp:

PRISON ON FIRE I & II AT THE ASSHOLE

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 06:47:11 AM »
Y'all peeped the CONFUCIUS site yet? http://kongzi.sina.com.cn/

Just keep scrolling the mouse to the left to see the scenes

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2010, 07:08:59 AM »
Faye Wong helps Chow Yun Fat sing the theme song to "Confucius"

Faye Wong had just recorded for the theme song for Chow Yun Fat's film "Confucius 孔子" entitled "幽蘭操" on New Year's Eve. Earlier the "Sweet Angel Fund Charity Dinner" was held in Beijing, Chow Yun Fat donated a photographic work for auction. As a result, it helped the foundation raise 3.18 million yuan. Turns out that the donation was to thank Faye for singing the theme song to his new film. "Confucius" will be releasing at the end of this month, but Faye's theme song will be released worldwide on January 6th on the official site of the film.

Source: On.cc
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

EPIC!!

Offline parmes

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2010, 12:59:21 PM »
With CYF getting on in his years, its nice to see him progressing to such roles, starting from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. His cool factor remains. Come to think of it, he is taking on more roles that Tony Leung (that one that married Carina Lau, not the other clown) aims for.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 01:03:33 PM »

With CYF getting on in his years, its nice to see him progressing to such roles, starting from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. His cool factor remains. Come to think of it, he is taking on more roles that Tony Leung (that one that married Carina Lau, not the other clown) aims for.
Welcome to JPH!P, parmes! :welcome

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 05:45:32 AM »
 New Poster of Chow Yun-Fat's CONFUCIUS       (Sina.com)

more: http://kongzi.sina.com.cn/jian/index.html

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2010, 07:43:52 AM »
Cast members Chow Yun-Fat, Zhou Xun and Ren Quan, and director Hu Mei promote the historical epic film "Confucius" at a press conference in Hong Kong on January 25, 2010. [Photo: CFP]

"Confucius" shows the ancient philosopher as a sage as well as an ordinary man. Although Chow Yun-Fat's casting as Confucius has roused controversy, the film managed to rake in 38 million yuan (US$5.57 million) in its first weekend following its January 22 opening on the Chinese mainland, according to the film's distributor. "Confucius" will open in Hong Kong on January 28.

In the star-studded premiere ceremony for the film on January 14, actor Chow Yun-fat kowtowed onstage to a 93-year-old descendant of Confucius, which surprised and moved many in the audience. [Photo: NEWS.CN]

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2010, 08:37:34 AM »
confucius MV by wong faye

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 08:36:48 AM »
Now this is a Ringo Lam movie I gotta see. Chow Yun-fat does Harrison Ford in Wild SEarch

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2010, 09:53:30 AM »
SLICK!

Chow Yan Fat made a rare appearance posing for "Let the bullets fly"

After much publicity of the film "Let the bullets fly" was announced in Cannes Film Festival last October, the film production have been working very low fey. The shooting of the film were in secret location, from the outskirts of Beijing to Guangdong. The three leading actors including Jiang Wen and Chow Yat Fat have not been seen in public since the launch of the film. However, out of the blue, the three made a rare appearance yesterday. Jiang Wen, who plays the role as a bandit was dressed in a blue national army uniform. Chow Yan Fat was wearing a suit, holding a red and white flowers, looking very smart indeed. It was reported the shooting of the film is at its final phase.

Translator: R.E.D @ http://www.asianvn.com

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2010, 11:47:40 AM »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 09:58:19 AM »
You don't know Chow unless you've seen Chow Yun-fat in the EPIC TVB series "Shanghai Bund"

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 02:23:01 AM »
Watched "An Autumn's Tale" from 1987, a pretty corny / romantic film, set in New York Chinatown. LOL @ the white guys in this, I think they were dubbed.

pretty weird,  I swore they were cousins, albeit distant.

But Chow Yun-fat's "Figurehead" character is one of those hardworking manly men, who likes to gamble and drink but wants to win over the sophisticated bitch. He does it, but he's a goof.

SAMPAN! You gotta watch it, for the corniness alone.

GODDAMN Cherie Chung is so fucking gorgeous. No wonder she retired. See her also in "To Catch A Thief" with Leslie, A John Woo Production :yep:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010, 12:36:28 PM »
^ his watch was pretty badass too lol

Chow Yun Fat publicly praises Charmaine Sheh, Moses Chan, Joyce Tang

Chow Yun Fat's seen it all in the entertainment circle, but he still loves it, why is that? Because he loves being an actor, even if he's playing an elderly like a grandfather, he does not feel belittled. Chow Yun Fat accepted an exclusive interview with [Oriental Daily]. (TN: Only part 2 of the interview is translated.)

Reporter: How do you feel about the quality of TVB series?

Chow: Pretty good! I watched Can't Buy Me Love, it's really quite funny. Charmaine Sheh and Moses Chan gets better and better. Earlier I also watched Beauty Knows No Pain, it's too a pretty good series!

Reporter: Last year you publicly praised Fala Chen, this year who do you support?

Chow: Joyce Tang I really like. In Beauty, she sacrificed her appearance, making her nose big and got an ugly look. To her, it really is a great development.

Reporter: Have you thought of returning to film a series on TVB?

Chow: Haha! I can't handle it now, I really do fear that I won't be able to handle filming series. But honestly, really have to see if there is a good script, Never say never.

Reporter: Never won an Oscar's actor award, is that a regret?

Chow: Acting is my profession, can't always think about awards. I really don't have many wishes, I just hope to do well on my roles. I can't say I won't accept a fee for being a movie just to get an award. Even if I say that you won't believe it! Given a salary, doing my best is a must, awards are just a bonus. After all, all the awards I received are donated to the Film Library.

Reporter: When are you retiring?

Chow: Never thought about it. If I want to work, then I'll continue to do so. Even if it means I'm being a grandfather, most important is if I like the role or not, every actor started off as a Siu (young) Sang to Chung (middle) Sang and finally to Lo (old) Sang, it's the law! Acting is not about you choosing, other people are choosing you too. It could be several years that no one will give you jobs, I won't wait, will go do it!

Reporter: Rumors say you and Stephen Chow are going to collaborate? Do you anticipate?

Chow: I really don't know. Even if it's true, we may not be on the main line together, so I won't think too much. A script written by the two of us will be a good watch!

Reporter: You went from shooting series, to the film scene, to Hollywood, and now back to Mainland, how does it feel?

Chow: It's just the locations changed, my lines are either in Chinese or English. It's still shooting for 12 hours a day. Of course English and Mandarin aren't my mother language, so have to practice my pronunciations!

Reporter: Ever thought of why still so popular after such a long time?

Chow: Lucky! When I entered the film scene, it was the red hot era, there were many new directors. From my entry into the film scene, to the Hollywood in the 90s and now back to Mainland... it is all luck that I was able to catch all the waves.

Reporter: Are the current artists born at the wrong time?

Chow: Nowadays there are very few Hong Kong artists who give lectures. Counting back and forth, there's only Louis Koo or Donnie Yen. Now we have the leng mo trend, but they must evolve into higher class, like Miss Hong Kong, Maggie Cheung Man Yuk didn't win the first prize, but she still made a huge success in her acting career. Why? Because she knows how to appreciate.

Reporter: Do you feel a sigh in the current entertainment industry, any message to give to all the juniors?

Chow: There will be a new scene with ups and downs, just like stocks will be high or low, because 'this is the worse time, but is also the best time.' Have to grasp! More work and effort does not necessary mean more gain, but in the entertainment circle one needs more exposure, the most important part is putting in the effort!

Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel @ AsianEU

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2010, 03:57:24 AM »
REUNITED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!!

Chow Yun Fat embraces Carol Cheng scratching the 7 year itch

Invested nearly a billion dollars into the new film Let The Bullets Fly with big actors Chow Yun Fat, Wen Jiang and Xiao Gang Feng, the film is scheduled to release January 2011. Yesterday Chow Yun Fat started the first promotion in HK, attracting nearly 500 reporters to the promotion for interviews. Chow Yun Fat's wife and EEG's and CEO Albert Yeung both attended as well. The press conference invited Carol Cheng to be the MC.

It has been 7 years since Chow Yun Fat seen carol, so when they met, they embraced one another. Chow also praised that carol looked younger than before, making her extremely happy. As the MC, Carol asked Chow and the crew of the shooting process. Chow said that the other two lead actors performed very well, so he had to be well-prepared, putting lots of effort into it. Carol asked if it was difficult to play two characters? He smiled: "They found a 'Guangzhou Chow Yun Fat' to replace me, he looked very similar to me from the back. I have never done two characters before, and even with different personalities. It was fun."

Also, Chow had always loved to watch TV series, when asked if he watched the No Regrets finale? he said: "Really good! (Who do you support for TV King and Queen?) Kent Cheng, enough weight. (How do you feel about Raymond Lam?) He looks like Evergreen Mak! TV Queen is between Sheren Tang and Charmaine Sheh. (How about just pick one?) No choice, then I choose Carol Cheng!" Chow's humorous responses made everyone laugh.

Besides series, Chow also read about the Felix Wong's fire breathing at TVB. He laughed: "I didn't see him scold at TVB, I just praise TVB, won't scold." Besides him, Carol asked him if he'll go back to film TVB series? he said: "If you do it then I will too! But I don't know if they will tell me to sign a 1 series per year contract? If so, then I don't know what to do." As for having good friend Chow's support, Kent Cheng said: "Thank you! it's impossible, he's not the judge, what use is that? If he was the judge then we're talking!"

Source: Oriental Daily
Translator: aZnangel@AEU

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2010, 04:09:12 AM »
Watched "An Autumn's Tale" from 1987, a pretty corny / romantic film, set in New York Chinatown.

I saw this movie too, about a year ago.  It was on a list of recommended HK movies on "The Killer" laserdisc (yes, LASERDISC) and always remembered the title.  I thought it quaint, almost naive.  Also very EIGHTIES -- I was taken aback by Cherie Chung's poofy hair (she was uber BABES in "Once A Thief" though).

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, 07:40:02 AM »
^ indeed. Cherie Chung was such a classic beauty, you can see her naked ass in "Women" as the "other woman" that causes Chow and Cora Miao to divorce.

Cora joins a Singles Women club while Chow gets all the sex he wants with Cherie, who is deliciously sexy in this. Eventually Chow figures his wife was the best he ever had and they get back, but not without a bunch of metaphors of life and comparisons among friends.

He also appears in Ann Hui On Wah "Love in a Fallen City" 《傾城之戀》 where Chow is a Malaysian tycoon looking for a wifey and ends up falling for Cora Miao, a shy introverted divorcee. Taboo amongst pre-WWII Shanghai.

They go from Shanghai to Hong Kong and back, Chow trying to court her and she refuses him until they get caught up in the Japanese invasion. Oh werd? when bombs are dropping you need a man? Touching love story.

Both were produced by Shaw Bros and highly acclaimed, Women racking up a bunch of nominations and Cora Miao even won best actress.

DAMN! I wonder if Laserdiscs matched up with VCDs in quality. :lol:

I found this French site that has a SHITLOAD of old Fat Gor movies, most of them are so low budget and he was just a bit player.

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
NEKKKID?!!
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 07:49:59 AM »
^ indeed. Cherie Chung was such a classic beauty, you can see her naked ass in "Women" as the "other woman" that causes Chow and Cora Miao to divorce.

WAIT WAHAIWAAAA WAIT just a fucking minute!

Where are the Cherie Chung clips?!!  Evidence pleeeeaaazzzze!

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2010, 05:34:14 PM »
http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/celebrity/buzz/asia/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4527317

Chow Yun-Fat trapped on expressway due to snowstorm
  The Chinese actor was left cold and starving for 20 hours

りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Precious