JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Only One

Author Topic: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread  (Read 303141 times)

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
Re: Fanfics Review / General Discussion Thread ("NEW!")
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 06:23:13 PM »
... why do i suddenly feel nervous?

.... getting read my senior writers scare me... a lot...

... i guess i'm 7th gen... i just started writing, right?

... please don't shoot me... i'm young and idealistic... and really bad at coherence and consistency...

... the fanfic section is like home to me... i'm glad that i'm part of the sudden increase in activity...

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 06:25:27 PM »
The new explosion of fics kinda scares me actually :P Just so many enthusiastic writers popping up suddenly...

AND I WANT INFO ON THE GENERATIONS THING TOO, STAT XD

-runs away-

I'm... gonna start updating now. -excuses- :X

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 06:34:01 PM »
Hahaha yeah the new wave of writers are all considered 7th gen...

And oh Yuki, I think you're around 5th or 6th gen. Will have to clarify with the others. XD I'm 4th/5th-ish. And I know, right, the explosion of fics makes me feel guilty that I'm not writing often enough...>_>;

Oh tru_harmony, don't worry, we all have to start somewhere. I won't tear into people unless I'm sure they can handle it...XD Just ask Yuuyami, I demolish her on AIM on a regular basis. :P I'm not that scary! Really!

-lying through my teeth-

XD

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Loser87

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 07:02:48 PM »
^ Whats this on discussion of gen's!? WHERE WAS I!?

I DEMAND AN ANSWER!! I GOT YOU A GIFT ESSY!!!

-shakes mah fist very angrily!-

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 07:11:30 PM »
^You were 4th gen, hon.

XDD And yes you got me a gift, I wouldn't dream of hiding things from you. :P It's just that it never occurred to me to mention the generation debate until now. :P

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 07:14:20 PM »
Look at all you pro/veteran/experienced/loved whatever you want to call it, writers all reappearing together in this thread... AWWW!!! :cry: (happy tears ;) )

I bow down to all gen of writers for starting and feeding my addiction here :heart:

and seeing you brought it up Estrea, should we send a search party out to sea for AA or have they all killed each other by turning to cannibalism out of starvation and boredom? ... I love you! :wub:

EDIT:-
RANDOM!!! My little Mikitty sitting on top of my computer asleep looks like a lion cub with her paw under her chin (wrong colour completely but whatever :P) :heart: :wub:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 07:21:44 PM by lollipopgirl »

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 07:17:47 PM »
me Essy? 6 gen~ I guess... or hope

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 07:25:33 PM »
Haha the only reason why I ever started writing here was because I read through everything and thought "that's it?" after finishing. XD Wasn't satisfied so I just had to contribute.

Stefy? 6th gen? Dunno, when did you start writing? I think you were around before I ever was, weren't you? Lol.

Oh and lollipopgirl...I knew I shouldn't have surfaced without an update... >_> Naw, AA's still alive, just hiding in the Bermuda Triangle. >_> XDDD

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 07:34:22 PM »
So I'm a loner?.... no gen?

WAHHHHhhh thats sad.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2008, 07:38:02 PM »
No silly, I was thinking 3rd or 4th....hammy was 2nd generation lol. XD

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline AmberSan

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Always タカガキ L-O-V-E
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2008, 07:47:42 PM »
Well..
The fanfic section is the first thing i check when i get to JPH!P, eventhough i check the girls section(mostly for the pics), the news section and of course the perv  :roll:
hmm but it's a good idea to make this kind of thread since many here aren't very active on the "outside ".

About that generations thing... i guess i'm 8th (yay my 3rd most fave gen)  :P

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2008, 08:23:07 PM »
^ From what it seems you're 7th

I'm guessing I'm 5th or 6th.

*prays: plz be gokkie gen, plz be gokkie gen, plz be gokkie gen  :prayers:*

and seeing you brought it up Estrea, should we send a search party out to sea for AA or have they all killed each other by turning to cannibalism out of starvation and boredom? ... I love you! :wub:

HAHAHAHAHAH.... Oh my they got hungry :lol:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 08:29:43 PM by poets »
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2008, 09:13:09 PM »
Essy-chan WTF xDDDD

Just kidding.

But yeah, as my Essy-chan says, Rokun and I sorta made up our own generation chart (although it was more of my doing, he just commented... xD) of the fanfic writers.

I brought up the idea since I joined when the fanfiction section was barely 2-3 pages and there were only a handful of stories out. Since then, I've watched as writers come and go and eras appear and disappear... xD.

So let me roughly divide the eras

Hodge Podge Era - The stories that started off the fanfic section were very... random... xD
Morning Musume Era - There was a huge flux of Morning Musume-member focused fics from the first half of 2006
Berryz Era - Then there was a flux of Berryz writers who joined in
Random Era - There were too many sub-eras, so I just shoved them all in here xD From massive-cast stories and fantasy, it's all here o_O
Newbie Era - What we're going through now xD For some reason, I see that a lot of the commenters/writers here haven't exactly thoroughly researched each member before posting their stories, so hence the newb-ness xD

ALRIGHT.

The time you all have been waiting for.

The generations xD.

SU-PE-SHA-RU JE-NA-RE-SHO-N RAAAABU -bricked- Sorry, just had to do that xD. But yeah, I'm doing this based on the writers, not the commentors. So if you commentors are looking to classify yourself under a generation, try to remember when you first joined and what was popular at the time and that's where you are xD... Anywho, these reports are a little biased, but at the same time, I'm someone who has actually read most, if not all, of the stories that were posted here, therefore, I have a lot of viable evidence backing me up on my decisions. I don't mean to say that my decisions are law, but it will be hard to deny anything that I've said.

First Generation
The people who started the hodge podge era of course xD. I'm unclear on who started it, but Rokun came from here~ Woo~ Others include people like OTN1, Comrade, Vikitty, Tyler_wood_2005, and Katatsumuri. In fact, I think Kata's fic "Until Then..." (Or was it " 'Til then..." ?) marked the end of the Hodge Podge era and the start of the Morning Musume Era. At the moment, I think the one fic that stood out from this generation was Morning Battle by Vikitty. (I heard that Vikitty was banned for it? What? xD)

Second Generation
These people were the influx of the Morning Musume Era. Some of the people from here are Len.chan, Lil_Hamz, Mikan, Erink, Freya, and Wordsworth. As for why they brought on the MM era, it's just 'cause most of their stories focused on Morning Musume members. Wordsworth was a bit wishywashy though because he's credited with creating the first Berryz focused fic (I think). So he doesn't really count towards the MM era, but he's still a second gennie xD.

Third Generation
There were a lot of commentors that were joining at this point xD. However, the most notorious joiners would be The Cousins duo (Saikami and me, Yuuyami) and Goosefish. We all started a pretty brief Reina Tanaka x Maki Goto revolution, but then the fourth generationers joined xD.

Fourth Generation
These people sparked up the forums with life, in my opinion xD. A lot of good fics came out of these people, so I'm sorta inclined to call it the "golden era" of fanfiction just like MM's golden age. Loser87, Estrea, Feverinducedmadness, Slave, and more are accounted in here. Also, I'd like to bring in an analogy... Much like Love Machine is Morning Musume's million dollar song, Estrea's "All Aboard" would be the equivilant. I've never seen people comment so much on a single story, nor have I seen the peoples' impetus of constantly bumping her fic so much. No other story has had that luxury of being that well-loved! Lucky you, Essy-chan~ <3

Fifth Generation
After the Berryz era, there were just... really random fanfictions o_O Anywho, the people here would be people like... Whytphyr, indeceit, raspberrygashes, Rei.Rev.07, orangesocks, etc etc xD

Sixth Generation
To be honest, not many fanfiction from these people interested me much. The only newb (at the time) who had shown promising results was Almond with the Memoir series.

Seventh Generation
This is where all the newbs around this time came in xD. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ALL AAAARRREEEEE xDDDDDD. So like Koharu, all of you seem to be pretty new in fanfiction, and I was surprised to see the diverse cast of foreigners too. I admire that they are trying hard to overcome language barriers to write over here. Anywho, the members that would fall here would be pretty much Sweeety, Peti-chan, Strawberrykr3am, and still counting xD.

But yeah, that's what we got so far~!

We seem to be escaping the newbie era and are entering an "OG era" xD. As for why I call it that, many of the OGs like Rokun (he's the only first gen that's still kickin' !) Hamz, Loser87, me, and Estrea seem to be brimming with creativity again and are consistantly updating xDDD Woo~

But yeah, there goes my little generation summary~! I hope I didn't offend people by forgetting them or anything. I just picked the more well-known names~ o___o;
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:19:37 PM by Yuuyami »

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2008, 09:21:21 PM »
YAY ^ an explination!

I guess i'm 7th... cause i'm not 6th. I came in way after Almond.

I accept that, 7th is fine. 7th GEN MEMBERS UNITE!!!!
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline inDeceit

• tasukete honey
  • Member+
  • Korya~!
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2008, 09:24:36 PM »
Sweet. I'm 5th, and apparently random, lol.

Offline poets

• The forgotten Writer
  • Member+
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2008, 09:33:03 PM »
^ better random than boring, no?

For what it counts, I like your stories inDeceit ^_^
Rika <3 So funneh

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2008, 10:07:44 PM »
Thanks for the hard work, Cat! XD

And the only thing about labeling the next era the OG era would be the tiny little problem of, you know, poor old Rokun not being a girl. XDDD -huggles Rokun anyway- :P

Thanks for the compliments about AA, although, well... >_> I guess I should try working on it some more, that's that dumb roadblock in the writing...gah. I rather prefer my Hellfire series, although I haven't posted it here. XD

I wonder about pairing revolutions after you mentioned the Reiki pairing though. XD As far as I noticed, Rokun wrote the first ever ReinAi pairing I've seen in CotD and then later in Young Girl's Odyssey, although I think I might have been the second person to write it in Snow Rain (Sai's birthday present fic XDD). And now peti-chan's RenAi Revolution...definitely not the first of its type pairing-wise, given the aforementioned precedents, but its an interesting focus anyhow. XD

Lessee all those fun pairings that are not considered "canon". And by canon I mean Ishiyoshi (oh come on, everybody knows this is the closest we get to canon after GAM imploded no thanks to Miki's little escapade XDD but we can still hope about GAM I guess XD -coughOTNcough- :P).

Reiki - Aka Tanaka Reina x Goto Maki. Not sure exactly who started it since I wasn't around when it happened, but as Yuuyami so kindly provided, she and her "generation" had a lot to do with it. XD

Yossi/Anyone - Staple of several MM-based stories. XD Popular choices are YoMiki or YoMako, but there are others too. Won't go into too much detail since Yossi pairings are way too complicated to pick apart easily. XD

Tsuji/Kago - I remember rndmnwierd being very vocal in support of this pairing, and she wrote several good stories of them too. Unfortunately I don't really follow this pairing that much and I'm a relatively latecomer to the fanfic section here, so I didn't track this either. XD Then again, this isn't really crack, but well, with recent events...you know what I mean. XD

GAM - Not crack, to anyone who knows the history. Even with Miki's indiscretions. Lol. There is no question who owns this entire pairing completely, even if others also write it. -prostrates self to OTN1's greatness- All hail the GAMfather! XDD Or rather GAMmother, since OTN's a girl...XDDD

Takagaki - Aka Takahashi Ai x Niigaki Risa. Apparently the first Takagaki-centred fic in this section was pioneered by my good friend lil_hamz. Good job hammy. XD According to sevii (a reader who ships takagaki fervently), this pairing was quite rare until people like hammy and me started writing it. Haha. I think I might have inadvertently contributed to one of the speediest relationship resolutions ever (short of perv fics where everyone jumps on another person with the least of provocations XD) with what happened to them in AA. XDDD

Gaki/Sayu: Lolz hamz. I didn't think you'd actually do it, but you did! Guess those conversations about the gorokkies paid off after all. XD

Gaki/Koha: Now this was something I hadn't expected to see this quickly. I had been discussing the possibility with sevii, and then peti-chan upped and wrote it. Lol. I was surprised but amused. XDD It shocked quite a number of people, it seems, if the comments were any indication. XD

ReinAi: Aka Tanaka Reina x Takahashi Ai. Like I said, the first indication I saw of this pairing was in Curse of the Dragons by Rokun. It was horribly angsty but yeah. It was even angstier in Young Girl's Odyssey, but it was there. I think I wrote something not so angsty for Snow Rain, but eh, it wasn't really romantic ReinAi, more like...friendship. XD But if anyone's been keeping up with the Sandbox, ReinAi is just as central as TakaGaki in the Duelist saga. :P (shameless self advertisment XD) Then of course peti-chan's RenAi Revolution where characterisation gets thrown out of the window...well, it's still a fun story so I forgive the OOCness. Sorry if I offended anyone by saying that lol.

Kameishige: Aka Kamei Eri x Michishige Sayumi. I'm not sure where this began, but it was established by the time I settled into writing AA...well, it was established HERE. I cut my teeth on the Chinese fanbase and Tanakamei was more popular there. :P Hence the AA pairing. XDDD

Tanakamei: Aka Tanaka Reina x Kamei Eri. I think this was quite an old pairing...? I mean, it's a classic. XD I first really got into it when I was hanging out in the Chinese H!P fanfic forums, only to come here and realize Kameishige was more established, somehow. XD Special nod to Rei.rev.07 for her Tanakamei love though, good job with the Indigo Blue Love series (and lulz with the addition of GakiKame complications).

GakiKame: I blame their sudden IRL chumminess. XD That's all I can and will say. :P And poor hammy being forced to choose between Takagaki and Gakikame. I don't envy you for that decision, hamz. XD You could always take the easy out like I suggested and stick them in a threesome, you did it before. XD

Junjun/Eri: I noticed the mini-explosion in the perv section. It was hard to miss. XD Fun though. I bet it was all the juicy material of them sharing food that made it happen. XD

Ok it's like 4am where I am now and I'm seriously knackered. Feel free to add on to the pairings speculation. I've made no secret that my only allegiance is to Aichan, and all my current stories revolve in no small way around her. Current favored pairing by myself is ReinAi. As if it isn't obvious enough lol. :P

Sleeping now~

Currently writing:

On Hold:

I'm also on AO3!

Offline Amarghetta

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • The likeness of a human
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2008, 10:58:02 PM »
Essy, you just worsened my headache! (j/k) That's too much info at once! XD But I guess it's good for the noobs.

According to Yuuyami's era divisions, I joined the forum somewhere between the MM and BK eras. In any case, I was around when the transition took place. But according to the gens, I'm a 3rd-4th gen commentor ~ joined during third, interacted during fourth.  :P

By the time the 5th Gen happened, I went back to lurking mostly.

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2008, 11:42:41 PM »
... so... no doubt, i'm a 7th gen closest-thing-to-a-canon-ist...

well... i do eat/breathe/exist on ishiyoshi... ...

hope that isn't a crime here... anyway... i'm happy everyone's hanging around the forum again, reading th fics...

thanks to the senior writers... you inspired our young blood to express our love for H!P through fanfiction and post it here,, in the best forum in the world...

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2008, 11:47:27 PM »
so that means I'm 7th too? cool!

I was wondering if we were going to have a discussion for fics..got a question: wonder what does make a good fic? I've been trying to make it right for mine, but no avail sometimes..any ideas?

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Only One