JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Brilliant Green - I`m in Heaven

Author Topic: Romajifier48 (Windows Software) [Query48 Alpha Build 6.3 Released (pg. 5)]  (Read 66037 times)

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Version 2.3 has been released, and it is the last feature update of the 2.x development cycle. Check out the post here for more information and the download links.

So, when the forums were down, I decided to finally work on something that I'd been thinking about for a while. It took a few days, and I do not know if anybody but me would be interested in it, but here it is:

Imagine if you will. It's late at night. you are looking over a posting of the new senbatsu / the latest Mixi rankings / somebody's blog. In the midst of it all you see this name:

Maybe you do not know any Kanji at all. Maybe you've just learned to recognize the names of your favorites. Maybe you are "okay" with Kanji, but this particular combination is just weird to you. Maybe you would normally recognize this name but you are just really tired/drunk. Either way, you really want to know who this girl is.

Well, if you are reading along in a blog using Rikaichan, you can always see what it tells you:

(Click to enlarge the first two)

That would be Susugen Shiorida, or Suzuhara Shiorina, or maybe Shimebara Shiorina.  :?

Maybe you should try an online translator, like the bookmarklet you can get from Microsoft:

Or Romaji.com:

Hmm. At least they all seem to agree that there is a Shiori in her given name, and there is a strong possibility that the last name is Shinohara.

So, you go looking through the girl's threads, trying to find her. All the first posts have the Kanji in them after all. The only problem is that you have no idea what group or team she is in. Why is her thread on the 3rd page of the "everybody else who isn't AKB or SKE" girls subforum anyway? What the heck, there is no Shiori in her name at all. Arrrgggghhhhhh!!!  :banghead:

[Yes, I am conveniently ignoring the fact that it would be much faster - and easier - to just copy and paste the Kanji into a Google search. she is connected to the most popular act in Japan, something about her is certain to pop up. But, hey, this is advertising, you are suppose to make things sound harder than they really are. Plus I really was drunk at the time.]  :nervous

Seriously, though, have you ever wished you could just select a name in Kanji, hit a hotkey, and have a tooltip pop up by the cursor to tell you who it is? Or is that just me? Either way, I decided to make my wish a reality:

Maybe you'd prefer western name order:

Or you'd like to just see her nickname:

Maybe you are trying really hard to memorize the names, and just need a hint:

The point is that the tooltip is highly customizable. For example, having this cryptic line right here in the ini file:

Will you give you this tooltip:

That $6, by the way, is the indicator for graduated girls. Nothing shows up for Kanna, because she is still in the group. However, the same formula for Otani Riko would give us this:

The strings to be used for Kenkyuusei and for graduated members can also be chosen by the user. And there is no need to edit the ini file, because everything is there in a convenient options screen:

(Click to enlarge)

A few notes about the program:

The first time it is run - or if there is no ini file for whatever reason - the program will show the about box, followed by the options screen. Any other times it runs; it will not give you any indication that it has started, except for the icon in the system tray. You can get back to the options screen, or the about box, through the right click menu of the system tray icon.

The program should work on any text that can be selected and copied to the clipboard using Ctrl+C, while leaving the contents of the clipboard itself intact.

This version of the program is Beta 1. I do not think it will do anything horrible to your computer, but take this as a disclaimer just in case. As it says in the about box:

Note that this is a Beta version of the software. It runs fine on my system  (Windows XP SP3, with the language for non-unicode programs set to Japanese),  but has not been tested on any other configurations. Plus there are probably  some bugs I haven't found yet. Please feel free to report any issues with the  software to me (Melchizadek).

The Girls.r48 file is the keyfile that contains all the data the program uses. Eventually, the keyfile will be updated much more often than the main program; what with new Kenkyuusei, promotions, graduations, etc. Here is the info for this version of the keyfile, also found in the about box:

This is the first release of the Girls.48 keyfile. It contains entries for all currently active members of AKB48, SKE48, NMB48, and HKT48. The plan is to eventually add all the graduated members, as well as SDN48. JKT48 doesn't really need to be added because their names will mostly appear in Latin characters already, however the Katakana for their names could be added if there is enough demand for it. Nogizaka46 is technically AKB48's rivals and not a sister group. However the consensus at JPHiP seems to be that they are really a sister group in disguise; so they will probably be added at some point, unless a good argument is given as to why they should not.

If any errors are found in the keyfile - such as missing girls (who should be there), typos, or nicknames that should be added - please feel free to report them to me (Melchizadek).

And finally, here's the download link: Version 1.1 w/ Keyfile Rev. 8 (330.19 KB download)

Here's the link for just the Girls.48 KeyFile: KeyFile Rev. 8 (9.17 KB download)

If you already have the current version of the program, you can just download and replace the Girls.48 file when a new revision is released. You do not have to stop the program when replacing the KeyFile.

Edit: Updated the link to Beta 2 of the program w/ Revision 2 of the Keyfile (Congratulations, Team M). If you previously downloaded Beta 1, you can safely delete the old Girls.r48 file; just be sure to leave the new Girls.48 file intact. (The new one doesn't have the r in the extension).

Edit 2: Updated link to Version 1.0 of the program w/ Revision 4 of the Keyfile. More information in this post.

Edit 3: Make that Version 1.0 of the program w/ Revision 5 of the Keyfile. Close on the heels of the last edit. I added the Nicknames for the 13th Generation Kenkyuusei.

Edit 4: Updated link to Version 1.0 of the program w/ Revision 6 of the Keyfile, incorporating various fixes and additions reported by jafeijai in this thread. More information in this post. Added link to just the KeyFile, for those who only need to upgrade it.

Edit 5: Updated link to Version 1.1 of the program w/ Revision 7 of the Keyfile. Version 1.1 corrects 3 bugs with the program. See the ChangeLog or this post for more details. Revision 7 corrects the Kanji in Kikuchi Ayaka's name so that her entry will work as expected; as reported by tenkei.

Edit 6: Updated KeyFile to Revision 8.  Okada Risako is changed to Graduated, and changes were made to account for a discrepancy in the Kanji for Kizaki Yuria's name. See this post for more details.

Version 2.3 has been released, and it is the last feature update of the 2.x development cycle. Check out the post here for more information and the download links.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:46:16 PM by Melchizadek »

Offline pastil

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Romajifier48 (Windows Software)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 09:52:13 PM »
Tried to this out a little bit on G+ and it works wonders. Definitely comes in handy, I will finally know the names of all the girls posting on NMB heyakko G+. :lol:

Many thanks. :twothumbs

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 07:27:18 AM »
I nominate Melchizadek for God-ruler of Earth, or Nobel Prize (at least for inventing the .48 file format)
who's with me? :D

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 08:12:02 AM »
Tried to this out a little bit on G+ and it works wonders. Definitely comes in handy, I will finally know the names of all the girls posting on NMB heyakko G+. :lol:

Many thanks. :twothumbs

Cool. I'm glad someone besides me finds it useful.  :)

By the way, what version of Windows are you using? If it's different from mine, I can mark it down as tested. I have a nagging suspicion that I'll probably have to recompile for 64 bit versions.

I nominate Melchizadek for God-ruler of Earth, or Nobel Prize (at least for inventing the .48 file format)
who's with me? :D

Wow, I didn't expect anyone to have that reaction.

Offline natme

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 08:15:27 AM »
Thanks a lot. I haven't tried it out yet, but I am sure it is great. Also, if you need help with anything concerning the development of this, let me know. I develop software professionally and for fun.

Offline pastil

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 03:37:02 PM »
By the way, what version of Windows are you using? If it's different from mine, I can mark it down as tested. I have a nagging suspicion that I'll probably have to recompile for 64 bit versions.
Actually, I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 SP1 and no problems so far.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 06:09:24 PM »
I updated the download link in the first post to Beta 2 of the program with Revision 2 of the keyfile. For Beta 2, I changed the extension of the keyfile from .r48 to .48 because:

1. Winrar thinks .r48 is the 48th file in a split archive.  XD
2. Girls.48 now reflects the notes for the keyfile in the about box (which was originally a typo).  :nervous
3. I like it better.  :P

As such, if you are upgrading from Beta 1, you can safely delete the old Girls.r48 file.
And you should upgrade because Revision 2 of the keyfile reflects the formation of Team M. Congratulations girls.  :cow:

Thanks a lot. I haven't tried it out yet, but I am sure it is great. Also, if you need help with anything concerning the development of this, let me know. I develop software professionally and for fun.
Thanks. I may take you up on that offer at some point.

Actually, I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 SP1 and no problems so far.
That's great news.  :twothumbs  If it runs on 32-bit Win XP SP3 and 64-bit Win 7 SP1, then it should run on everything in between. (I hope).

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 07:36:09 PM »
Wow, this is actually pretty sweet.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 10:18:37 PM »
I'm about to leave for work, but here's the link to Revision 3 of the keyfile: http://www.mediafire.com/?4att3ea0u9fuigx

The only thing changed is that Hirajima Natsumi and Yonezawa Rumi have been changed to "Graduated" status.

You can just replace the old keyfile with this one.

Revision 4 (along with Beta 3 of the program) should be ready on either Monday or Tuesday. (GMT-6)

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2012, 08:42:54 AM »
Revision 4 (along with Beta 3 of the program) should be ready on either Monday or Tuesday. (GMT-6)

Actually, I just updated the first post with a link to Romajifier48 Version 1.0 w/ Revision #4 of the KeyFile. There is a Change Log for the program included, as well as revision notes in the KeyFile that show up on the About screen, but I'll list the changes here as well.

Version 1.0 of the program:

ADDED: Double clicking on the tray icon opens the Options screen.

ADDED: Separator for multiple nicknames is now configurable on the Options screen. [So, now you're not stuck with only a comma separating the nicknames for a girl. I thought since everything else in the tooltip was configurable, it would make sense for this to be as well.]

ADDED: Hitting CTRL+C while the tooltip is showing will copy the contents of the tooltip to the clipboard. [I haven't actually used this, except for testing it out, but it seemed like a handy thing to be able to do at some point.]

ADDED: Romajifier48 will now recognize Kanji with spaces in it. (Leading, trailing, between Family and Given names, etc.) [I've run across the spaces between Family and Given names thing a lot over the last few days, so this was a  must for a final version.]

ADDED: $0 will add the original Kanji to the tooltip. (Not actually listed on Options screen) [I threw this in pretty much as an after thought, but just like the CTRL+C thing, I thought it might be useful to somebody, someday.]

CHANGED: The Options screen was modified - besides adding the option for Nickname Separator - to minimize the amount of empty space.

CHANGED: The link to the JPHiP Forums on the About screen, now points directly to the AKBar48. [ Here to be precise]

ADDED: The About screen now also has a link to the Romajifier48 thread at the JPHiP forums. [That would be this thread, of course]

FIXED: If the Options or About screens were opened while a tooltip was showing, they would disappear when the tooltip did.

CHANGED: The About screen no longer shows when the program is first run, there is now a Welcome screen with the choice to open the About and Options screens. [If you are upgrading, and you want to see this, you can just delete the Romajifier48.ini file - though that will also reset you to the default options at first.]

Revision #4 of the Girls.48 Keyfile:

Added all currently active members of SDN48, Nogizaka46 (N46), all Graduated members of all groups, and Akimoto Yasushi  (he has a thread in the girl's threads subforums, so why not.  :P)

Here are some more detailed notes on the KeyFile than what you'll actually find on the About screen itself:

About SDN48. The members list on the official site does not group the members into any teams or Kenkyuusei, only by generations. Therefore, the "teams" of SDN48 are listed as 1st, 2nd, and 3rd - according to generations.

Also, several of the SDN48 members use a single name as their name. In those cases that name was listed as their Given name, and Family name was left blank. The two whose stage name is already in Romaji (KONAN and miray), are listed as such. Chen Qu and Siyeon, who are Chinese and Korean respectively, have their names listed in Katakana. Chen Qu has her entire name listed as her Given name so that there's no way she'll come out as "Qu Chen".

About Nogizaka46. Until it is certain how N46 is organized, all the members are listed as being in "Team" 1st, similarly to SDN48.

While searching for information, I found this post which states several things affecting the KeyFile:

1. Akimoto Manatsu is concentrating on her studies, and not participating in N46 activities for now. She might return later, but until then she is marked as "Graduated"

2. Yoshimoto Sayaka & Yamamoto Honoka have graduated.

3. I'll just quote this one:
It was confirmed that Asou Ririko (16) and Kawai Hina (13) subscribed for the auditions with their artistic/stage names (you can see here, in one of my previous posts, that these two were in a Kyuushuu regional group witharound50 girls,named Seishun Joshi Gakuen). Since there wasn't any specification about that in the application rules, there's actually no problem concerning this fact. Neverthless, since all members in 乃 木坂46 are using their real names, Asou Ririko and Kawai Hina will be using their real names from now on:
麻生梨里子 (Asou Ririko) → 能條愛未 (Noujou Ami)
川相陽菜 (Kawai Hina) → 川後陽菜 (Kawago Hina)
This was probably the strangest thing I ran into while making the KeyFile. I decided to put all four of the Kanji names into the KeyFile but the names the girls originally went by have their real names for their Family and Given names, and the actual translation of the Kanji in their Nicknames. The Kanji for the real names don't reference the original names they went by at all.

The Nicknames for all the remaining girls came from this post in that same thread.

About Graduated Members. For the sake of completeness, I was actually considering having a separate category for rejected Kenkyuusei, but following that train of thought would lead to categories for fired and resigned members as well. In light of recent events, I abandoned that idea. Besides, they are all in the graduated girls subforum here anyway.

Well, I was about to say that Revision #5 would be done as soon as the 13th Generation Kenkyuusei nicknames were posted on the main site; but I checked and there they are. So give me just a few minutes and I'll swap out the link again.

Edit: And it's done, Revision #5 is up. I swear those nicknames weren't there yet just a day or two ago. Anyway, Revision #5 (and #4) has 378 entries, whereas #s 1, 2, and 3 only had 230 entries.

TL;DR Version 1.0 of the program is up, along with the most complete and up-to-date revision yet. Get it in the first post, or right here if you don't feel like scrolling up.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 08:53:01 AM by Melchizadek »

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2012, 03:29:01 PM »
You are one crazy programmer :lol:

Grabbed Revision 5; seems to work perfectly fine with Win7 32bit, if you were still wondering about compatibility issues.

'Cuz I'm also a little crazy, I skimmed through the keyfile:
- Revision 5's revision number still says 4
- Shimada Haruka 島田晴香's nickname is Haruu, not Haru. Though it's debatable, silly non-standardized romanization.
- Chikano Rina 近野莉菜's nickname is Chikarina, not Chikariina (not double i :) )
- Hayano Kaoru 早野薫's entry has a ) just before the =, so it may affect the text recognition?

Some nicknames used between members (if you want to add 'em):
- Watanabe Miyuki -> Mirukissu (Milkiss), 'cuz she's also a kissing demon apparently XD
- Kojima Haruna -> Nyan nyan
- Sashihara Rino -> Sashiko, Rino-chan
- Shinoda Mariko -> Mariko-sama
- Tanabe Miku -> Tanabu (play on reading of her kanji)
- Kasai Tomomi -> Chiyuu, Chiyuu-chan
- Kitahara Rie -> Unagi-chan, Ricchan
- Masuda Yuka -> Yuppai
- Nakamura Mariko -> Komariko
- Ono Haruka -> Haachan
- Ishida Anna -> Annya
- Tojima Hana -> Gao
- Akimoto Yasushi -> Yasusu

Sidenote: Love your entry for Yasusu XD XD

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 06:54:29 PM »
You are one crazy programmer :lol:

Grabbed Revision 5; seems to work perfectly fine with Win7 32bit, if you were still wondering about compatibility issues.
Thanks, I thought it should work fine on Win7 32bit, but a little confirmation is always nice.

'Cuz I'm also a little crazy, I skimmed through the keyfile:
- Revision 5's revision number still says 4
D'oh! That's what happens when I rush to try get a revision out before someone downloads the previous one.

- Shimada Haruka 島田晴香's nickname is Haruu, not Haru. Though it's debatable, silly non-standardized romanization.
Yes, her nickname is definitely はるぅ, with the extra u on the end. Pretty sure that was just a typo on my side. Fixed for revision 6

- Chikano Rina 近野莉菜's nickname is Chikarina, not Chikariina (not double i :) )
That's actually what I thought, too. However, while searching for information on her (JPHiP was down - or running very slowly - when I was doing her entry) I kept coming across the version with a double i. In fact, when I do Google searches, the first 8 results for "Chikarina" have nothing to do with Chikano, and the whole first page of results for "Chikariina" do. In fact, her thread here at JPHiP has the double i version, as well as Riichan and Chikachan - which I've never heard of before. Anyway, I've kept Chikariina, but added Chikarina, Riichan, and Chikachan for revision 6.

- Hayano Kaoru 早野薫's entry has a ) just before the =, so it may affect the text recognition?
Yes, that would definitely cause problems. The team she was on should also be K instead of B, so I had two mistakes in that one entry. :nervous  Fixed for revision 6.

Some nicknames used between members (if you want to add 'em):
- Watanabe Miyuki -> Mirukissu (Milkiss), 'cuz she's also a kissing demon apparently XD
- Kojima Haruna -> Nyan nyan
- Sashihara Rino -> Sashiko, Rino-chan
- Shinoda Mariko -> Mariko-sama
- Tanabe Miku -> Tanabu (play on reading of her kanji)
- Kasai Tomomi -> Chiyuu, Chiyuu-chan
- Kitahara Rie -> Unagi-chan, Ricchan
- Masuda Yuka -> Yuppai
- Nakamura Mariko -> Komariko
- Ono Haruka -> Haachan
- Ishida Anna -> Annya
- Tojima Hana -> Gao
- Akimoto Yasushi -> Yasusu
All added for revision 6.

Sidenote: Love your entry for Yasusu XD XD
Thanks. And thank you very much for proofreading the file for me.  :twothumbs

Here's the link to the keyfile revision 6: http://www.mediafire.com/?uz12819c8ddtn90

I've also updated the full download in the first post to include revision 6, and added a link to just the keyfile as well.

Maybe, one of these days, I'll be able to host the files myself and add a way to check for and download an update to the keyfile from within the program.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2012, 07:22:19 AM »
good shit melch!

got the latest keyfile, everything seems cool.
only problem I've encountered is that it doesn't recognize 菊地 あやか (Kikuchi Ayaka).

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2012, 05:34:24 PM »
^ Thank you.

It seems the second kanji in Kikuchi was wrong. I double checked the source I used, and sure enough it was wrong there as well. I sent them a correction, and it will also be fixed in Revision 7 of the KeyFile - which will be released alongside version 1.1 of the program. There's a couple bugs I found that I need to get rid of. This will most likely be released later today.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 01:42:03 AM »
Here's Romajifier 1.1 w/ KeyFile Rev. #7: http://www.mediafire.com/?1bcykph28zbe49d

Version 1.1 of the Program:

FIXED: Sometimes when the Options screen was opened, several of the entries would be blank.

FIXED: When the hotkey was pressed without a selection made, instead of the "No Selection Made..." tooltip, there would be a strange version of a Yamamoto Sayaka tooltip.

FIXED: There was a visual glitch when the About screen was opened.

Revision #7 of the KeyFile:

Fixed the Kanji in Kikuchi Ayaka's name, so that her entry will work as expected; as reported by tenkei.

The links in the first post have also been updated.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 08:49:24 PM »
I've updated the KeyFile to Revision #8: http://www.mediafire.com/?qalt18y6q282r7b

Okada Risako (NMB48 RS) has been changed to Graduated.

Changes were made to account for discrepancy in the Kanji for Kizaki Yuria's name.  This is actually a strange case. Her name in her profile on the official SKE48 website has her name written as 木﨑ゆりあ,
however other official sources (such as the YouTube account) have it written as 木崎ゆりあ.
Note that the second Kanji is slightly different. Both versions will now work with Romajifier48.

Also, I think the next version of the program is going to be 2.0  Normally, I wouldn't want to make a major version change this quickly, but I've been testing out some new functionality that I think warrants it. Here's a screenshot from one of those tests:

[click to enlarge]

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2012, 07:48:54 PM »
Here's revision #9 of the KeyFile: http://www.mediafire.com/?ymutu1uq1injv3k

I've added the NMB48 3rd Generation Kenkyuusei.

If everything goes according to plan, version 2.0 should be out in the next few days.

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 02:41:10 AM »
If everything goes according to plan, version 2.0 should be out in the next few days.

So, everything has mostly definitely not been going according to plan. Especially the massive migraine headache that kept me in bed most of the day. Which really sucks, because I have to go back to work tomorrow.

This could possibly push the release back by about a week. Sorry about that, everybody.  :cry:

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Romajifier48 (Windows Software) [Version 2.0 released]
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 01:54:27 AM »
Finally, here's the link for Romajifer Version 2.0 with Revision #10 of the Keyfile: http://www.mediafire.com/?7fn0syov9t380ml (338.56 KB)

Revision #10 of the KeyFile

Added JKT48. I used the Katakana from the official website (including dots between names). Any middle names are included in the Given name. And their last name is in the Family name, even though it isn't necessarily the family name at all. Any single names are placed in the Given name, same as with SDN48.

Made compatible with new Romajifier48 Parsing feature. [see below]

Version 2.0 of the Program:

Note that most of the new options are off by default.

ADDED: Option to Swap Given and Family names for JKT48. If this option is set, JKT48 members Given Name will appear for $1 and Family Name for $2. This way, if you are using Japanese name order for the other groups, JKT48 will still be in the proper order.

ADDED: Option to AutoCopy ToolTip contents to the ClipBoard. CTRL+C still copies the ToolTip if this option is not on.

ADDED: Nogizaka46 Group String is now configurable in the Options. The group is stored as N46 in the KeyFile to save space, and until now that was the only string that would show for them.

ADDED: Parsing feature. This Parsing feature allows the user to select a block of text that contains at least one girls name in Kanji, and the name(s) will be replaced with the girl's name(s) in Romaji. This can then be opened in a dedicated Parser Window, copied directly to the ClipBoard, or opened in a Web Browser (for use with Rikaichan, Google Translate, etc).

Here's a pic of the parser in action (it looks quite a bit different from the test version):

(Click to enlarge)

ADDED: StringSwitch feature. StringSwitch allows the user to change ToolTip strings on the fly. This means you can keep a collection of various strings and switch between which to use via a secondary HotKey.

Here is the StringSwitch in action, showing what you see after each press of a hotkey:

ToolTip Hotkey:   StringSwitch Hotkey:   ToolTip Hotkey:  

StringSwitch Hotkey:   ToolTip Hotkey: StringSwitch Hotkey: ToolTip Hotkey:  

"Default" is whatever string you configure to be the normal ToolTip string, the other two are included with the program.

CHANGED: Completely redesigned Options screen, with tabbed interface.

Here's the screenshots of it:

(Click to enlarge)

ADDED: Support for multiline ToolTips, as can be seen in the "Girl Thread Body" example above. Before, you could enter a multiline string into the options screen, but anything below the first line would disappear never to be seen again.

FIXED: If the ToolTip Hotkey was changed in Options, the change would not take affect until Romajifier48 was restarted.

CHANGED: The Example Output in Options is now a button that shows an actual ToolTip when pressed. ToolTip will show for amount of time currently entered in the Options, so this is useful to test that as well.

ADDED: Thank you for upgrading screen is shown when upgrading from pre-2.0 versions of Romajifier48. This is just a modified version of the Welcome screen shown to completely new users. Also, the program will update the .ini file to the new format while keeping your previous settings intact.

ADDED: If a Romajifier48.chm file is found in the Help subfolder, then the tray menu will include Help. You'll notice there is currently an empty "Help" subfolder. I plan to write a detailed help file, soon. But right now; I haven't even started it, and I'm pretty burned out from all the programming I've been doing. So, rather than wait even longer to release, or put out an upgrade just for the help file; I made it to where the help file can just be dropped in later and Romajifier48 will automagically add a "Help" item to the tray menu that opens the file.

And speaking of empty folders...

ADDED: Support for adding external tools to the tray menu. There's also an empty "Tools" subfolder. Any external helper programs that I write will go into this folder. They will have the option of "plugging themselves into" Romajifier48's tray menu. The first one will probably be a program to import and export the StringSwitch strings.

The other new subfolder, "Templates", is not empty. It contains two templates for the "Open in Browser" feature of the parser. I will talk more about templates, including information on how to "roll your own", in a later post. I'll just say for now that HTML is definitely not my strong suit.

A couple of known issues:

1. Even though the ToolTip will still pick up a girl's name with spaces in it, the Parser will not. If I used the same method, all the spaces in the text in the Parser would disappear. You can, however, call up the ToolTip from inside the Parser. This is on the roadmap for a future release.

2. Even though Rikaichan (in Firefox) works fine with the webpage of parsed text, Rikaikun (in Chrome) will not. I haven't actually figured out why this is, but I think it may be some limitation of Rikaikun. Chrome's built in use of Google Translate works fine (or as well as Google Translate ever works for Japanese text). This will be fixed if/when I figure out what's causing it, and if it's something I can do from my end.

Anyway, feel free to ask any questions here if you aren't sure how something works. That way I'll know I need to include it in the help file.

Right now, I'm going to get some rest before tackling the mountain of NMB48 pics I've been neglecting while working on this.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 02:06:20 AM by Melchizadek »

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Romajifier48 (Windows Software) [Version 2.0 Released]
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 06:37:55 PM »
Here's Romajifier 2.0.1 with Revision #11 of the KeyFile: http://www.mediafire.com/?ibmjkuamxd8a8ul (338.7 KB)

Version 2.0.1 of the Program:

As can probably be guessed by the number, this is a minor upgrade. In fact, there's just one thing in the Change Log.

ADDED: Avoid errors caused by certain names for StringSwitch strings.

Basically, this means that the user is now not allowed to use the words "Default" or "NONE" as names for StringSwitch strings. The characters forward slash ( / ) and pipe ( | ) are also not allowed. This is because these are all used internally by the program, and cause strange errors if used.

Revision #11 of the KeyFile:

Reflects the formation of Team H (HKT48).

Due to the fact that I suck at writing documentation, I still have no ETA on the help file. I'm hoping that the lack of questions in this thread means that the interface is intuitive enough that everyone figured it out.  XD

I have, however, already started working on a few external tools that will hopefully be ready for release when the KeyFile gets revised for the graduation of the 3 SKE48 members.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Brilliant Green - I`m in Heaven